6.1

1. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A wonderful successor to the original Slender game. Gorgeous graphics, incredibly immersive, interesting plot (though explanation of it is somewhat scant), and, surprise surprise, utterly terrifying. What I really liked is that this game provides some context for why the pages exist. However, it still doesn't explain why exactly you're collecting them. The plot that is there is certainly intriguing, but there is still a lot that has yet to be explained and the ending definitely left me wanting more. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though because some of the best storytelling simply doesn't tell you everything you want to know and leaves readers/viewers/gamers with something left to discuss and speculate. That said, there were parts of this game that truly terrified me, and I absolutely loved it because I enjoy getting scared (call me an emotional sadist if you will). The detailed environments, spooky music, vague but interesting narrative, and Mr. Slenderman himself all culminate into one hell of an experience. Sadly but understandably due to budget constraints and a relatively small development team, the experience is very short (though definitely worth the price of admission). But this frustration is merely owed to the fact that I enjoyed this game so much and did not want it to end.

If you have the expendable cash, throw a little extra when you purchase this to support the developer so we can see an even bigger and better third installment. I know I can't wait for it.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    This is seriously the scariest, most intense horror game EVER! right from the beginning, it fills you with that fear that makes you so paranoid and edgy that the slightest noise from any direction could send you into a heart attach. The graphics are beautiful and filled with detail. The overall sound is some of the best, as that is one of the main things that make the game scary. When you hear footsteps coming up to you from behind, it will send chills down your spine! The game play is really immersive and from the beginning it is sending you scares around every corner, and It puts you in girls place from the start. I love this game and will for quite some time to come. Expand
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    Just got through this. Totally amazing! Freaky environments that are totally unnerving and almost bad for your mental health. You start getting edgy and nervous just walking around. Gorgeous graphics and I loved the music. Overall, great atmosphere put together by a small indie team at Parsec and Blue Isle. A bit short but for ten bucks good value. You get a sense of the thought they put into this with the opening prologue eerie music and then you begin on a beautiful fall day in the woods. But the sun is setting and as the day comes to an end, the foreboding darkness envelops you. That was a really nice touch! If ever there is room for a sequel, this is it!! Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2013
    Slender: The Arrival is a compelling, nerve-wrecking and seriously freaky game that may be a bit on the short side, but there’s no doubt that it’s top quality throughout the time that it lasts. It’s a powerful experience, a great achievement, and definitely among the best of the horror games I’ve played. It felt absolutely worth the wait once I finished it, and it really was the experience I was hoping for. I’m definitely going to remember this one for a while, and not necessarily because it made me wet my pants, but because the experience was just awesome, and one I appreciated greatly as a lover of horror. It’s definitely worth buying if you’re a horror nut or Slender fan of any kind. It’s a must-play. Full review here: http://egamer.co.za/2013/03/review-slender-the-arrival/ Expand
  5. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't quite think that Blue Isle could make Slender: The Arrival scarier, yet more accessible at the same time, but they did. The Atmosphere is brilliant and engaging, with a nice mysterious story written by the wonderful team behind Marble Hornets. The game is "easier" (or at least seems so) due to the new addition of a story. But make no mistake, it's more terrifying than the original. Our good friend the Operator has been learning new tricks to find his way closer and closer to you, making you panic even more than you did in the original, especially now that he can walk. Plus, I won't say what, but there's more to be afraid of than our dear friend Slendy out in the darkness... Expand
  6. Mar 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have made a review on this product, but i forgot to say some important things. Everytime you play the game, levels look different. Pages, generators or even places change every time you play. For example once you have a toilet near the beach, but next time you play its not here. Second thing is the Hardcore mode. It makes the game harder, and, what follows that feature, longer. You will be scared, but also will rage much. Really recommended. Expand
  7. Apr 21, 2013
    Seriously immersive. This game stands out from any other horror game.
    The first slender game I played was 'Haunt', and LOVED it. I played that game about 30 times a day. After I heard about this game, I thought it wouldn't stand up to its original game. But oh, how I was Wrong.
    The feeling that someone, (Or someTHING) is following me in the game really makes it scary. All of the ambient,
    and artistic locations around the place make you want to stay as far away from them as possible. But of course, you HAVE to go in them to get the notes.

While there are many good things about this, this is DEFINITELY not a perfect game. A few shorthands seem to mess up your game. Repetitive gameplay really frustrates me. The same danger, the same difficulty, ect. Also, Ive ran into graphic glitches. I was playing, I looked behind me, slender was frozen, not moving. He was like that for 5 minutes. This is just the first glitch out of many.

Even still, Slender The arrival will make you love the amazing series even more.
  8. Mar 31, 2013
    this is the most fun ive had in a horror game the game is short but FULL of items to collect and achievements to get very very fun and very very scary. well worth the 10$ must own
  9. Apr 7, 2013
    If I wanted to judge this objectively, I might want to complain about the game's length (about 2-3 hours, depending on difficulty), or the limited variation of gameplay mechanics. But damnit, I won't, for the simple fact that this is the scariest game I've ever played. No game has ever conveyed a sense of vulnerability, paranoia and scream-out-loud moments quite like this. This is horror done right. Amnesia: Dark Descent is the only one that comes close, but this is just raw, condensed fear. It's not easy (though easier than the previous iteration), you probably will die, but after each restart the levels rearrange themselves, keeping each new attempt fresh. Plus, Slenderman isn't the only thing to fear in this game...

So for the price of a cinema ticket, you will buy yourself the scariest experience you will ever have. If you're a horror fan, don't miss out.
  10. Apr 4, 2013
    The original game made a revolution in the indie horror-game production and really got everyone who played it. About a year after Slender: The Arrival comes out and brings a lot new to the game play. It is really intense, horrifying, atmospheric and breath-taking from start to the end. A well represented and a lot more complete plot makes it more scary than ever. The game itself however is very short, but the ending is very well done. There are some controlling difficulties at some parts, but they might be fixed in the future updates (if any). Over-all the game really shows a good result of expansion and some game play modifications. Slender becomes a more bigger title, which might have a very anticipated future. Expand
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    Este game honra tudo que o seu primeiro jogo trouxe medo do inesperado. traz ótimos momentos de sustos, coisa que muita empresa grande de games de 'terror' nao estão fazendo ultimamente
  12. Apr 3, 2013
    Slender The Arrival was a pleasant surprise once it was released. It may be short but once you lock yourself inside a nice dark room and play the game you'll understand why Slender is a feared creature.

As I said before the game is short, really short but for a price of $10 it's what you would expect. It may be short but the work put into the game truly shines with different places like
    the mines, empty homes, the forest and so on. The game play is sort of the same tho, collecting pages in the second chapter or turning on generators in the forth but each level always has something different.

The only level to stay the same is the forest where you would collect the 8 pages, after that you will go to different places and discover something more then just Slender man awaiting for you.

For the price of $10, it's great to see horror coming back in the hands of indie developers and I personally hope to see more of slender man in future projects, maybe in something even bigger I hope.
  13. Apr 1, 2013
    Absolutely Scariest!!! Amazing Game, Gorgeous graphics, incredibly immersive, most intense horror game EVER! right from the beginning, The detailed environments, spooky music, vague but interesting narrative,
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    Its the first try of Blu Isle Studios and i really like this game Its way too short but way too scary too If liked slender their first and free game then you should buy this too Just wait to reach steam
  15. Apr 3, 2013
    Game may be short, but the quality of graphics, gameplay, and the story make up for it. This game wasn't made by some huge game company, but an independent one. They did what they could. And here's a quote to all the people out there are being crybabies about how short it is... “Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” Albert Einstein Expand
  16. Apr 22, 2013
    I should say I've got a lot of impressions from this game.Especially at dark night with loud sound.Slender runs great without shadows.But anyway,the only weak point may be either optimization or plot.Anyway game is nice.
  17. Sep 25, 2013
    A really scary and interesting game! It makes you not want to continue playing but want to at the same time just like the original Slender. It takes you inside the story and origin of Slender so it is no longer just a random "creature in the woods" game. It even makes you understand the notes, why they are there, and who drew them. It has an interesting storyline and neat locations. The graphics are pretty nice as well. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 was because it does have a few minor glitches at times but it's no reason to not play this game. It's worth the small amount of money to buy it. After watching a "Let's Play" of it, I went and bought it ASAP. Expand
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    Slender: The Arrival proves that even more pants is never enough. After the first game, Indie Games have never been the same. Slender TA is a very well-made indie horror game, with AAA elements, but with simple mechanics that turns the game easy to understand, to play and interact with. Inviting the creators of Marble Hornets to write the plot of the game was a genius idea and proves that the Blue Isle Studios and Parsec that they understand what Slender means to us, fans.

Yeah, the game is very short and this just can´t explain the expensive price for the game, but I am very sure that the game worthies a try, specially if you gets scared easy like me. Once again... Loved the game! Congratulations for the team who made this.
  19. Oct 22, 2013
    This is an epic horror done right. It takes the classic Slender concept and combines it with a fantastic narrative, awesome game play, and a beautiful upgrade to the graphics! The pacing of this game is some of the best I've ever seen, however the latest update makes the player find all 8 pages (which is nearly impossible) and destroys the clear purpose of the game...
  20. Nov 10, 2013
    Amazing redo of the original game, great graphics, and it is expanded on much more. The story is revealed more as you go along and there are new terrifying enemies. A little short, but that is to be expected from an independent, but growing company. A great game, and a must have for all gamers into horror games.
  21. Nov 10, 2013
    one of the best horror games ever!one of the best horror games ever!one of the best horror games ever!one of the best horror games ever!one of the best horror games ever!one of the best horror games ever!one of the best horror games ever!
  22. Mar 1, 2014
    It's not only a horror masterpiece game; It's the 4th game on my personal best games list: under Portal 2> Half life 2 > AVP2 > F.E.A.2! It's like being inside a Hitchcock's movie. Absolutely awesome! Each cent it's worth!
  23. Mar 14, 2014
    after playing this game i was speechless. being in the forest alone with just a flashlight with a horrifying creature hunting you down REALLY brings out the scary atmonsphere.the graphics are crazy awesome while not making it TOO scary.
  24. Apr 7, 2013

1. Nov 18, 2013
    Sadly, it devolves into a tedious, irritating scavenger hunt that fails to keep up the momentum and burdens the player with repetitious busy work that makes the short playtime seem merciful rather than miserly.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    The overall experience may be familiar, but hasn’t grown tiresome yet to affect its scare-factor. Grab some headphones, turn off the lights, and try not to wake up anyone living in the same household with your screams of terror.
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    Slender: The Arrival wants to be seen as a serious entry into the horror genre, but it fails to put the effort into the gameplay mechanics and artificial intelligence that would merit the honor.