7.3

1. Dec 4, 2013
    Single player is good when played in 1 or so hour sessions but the multiplayer is where the game shines more. Bring 3 of your friends to shoot and blow up the undead.
  2. Apr 30, 2013
    Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army is a third-person, zombie shoot-'m-up set against a World War 2 background where the sniper rifle plays a central role.

The game is over-the-top violent, especially during single-player where the so-called "X-Ray cam" allows you to see the bones and organs of enemies shatter as they die. This camera is disabled in multiplayer except for a shortened bullet cam upon a succesful hit.

At some point, these camera modes become tedious and have to be turned off. Especially during multiplayer where being trapped in bullet cam means you won't be able to react as quickly as the other players.

The game takes heavily after Left 4 Dead and copies the formula to the letter. There are 5 campaigns, each cost around 30 to 60 minutes to complete on the highest difficulty and checkpoints inbetween allow you to fall back should you die during your playthrough. These checkpoints are conveniently situated in safehouses where you can restock on ammo and other items.

Ammo is regained during fights by looting zombies. However, these tend to disappear quickly which means you'll find your teammates running around frantically trying to get to the corpses before they disappear. Friendly fire can be turned off, however.

If you quit a game during single player, it will pick back up at the checkpoint that you left at. However, if you quit during multiplayer you will lose all progress. There is also no rejoining upon disconnecting, once a player is out of the game he's out until the host takes everyone back to the lobby whereupon the lost player can rejoin.

Weapons, graphics, atmosphere, maps and zombies are all very well done. There are a few different types of zombies but none of them are particularly difficult to defeat. In fact, most zombies are rather weak and predictable. The lack of randomisation in this game also takes a bit out of the difficultly level and replayability.

This game is fun to play multiplayer but single player tends to become tedious. However, the more players you have the easier the game becomes. Even though it scales with the amount of players that join, the sniper rifles are far too deadly as most enemies die quickly when they're shot in the head. Not to mention that bullets can ricochet and go through enemies and light materials causing a lot of destruction and mayhem when enemies are close together which means larger groups are often easier to dispatch of than solitary targets unless they're close by.

If a player is in incapacitated during multiplayer he can be revived by his teammates when they press and hold space. If they do not do so within 60-seconds, the dead player is caught in an annoying black & white state with no sound until the party reaches a safe room where the player will respawn. There is no limit to the amount of times that you can go down or die.

At the end of the day it might look and swim like Left 4 Dead but it doesn't quite quack like it. Still, for those who need a zombie-fix with their friends SE:NZZA is an excellent addition to their game collection.
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    It's exactly what you think it is, a zombie horde stay-alive-for-as-long-as-possible type game. Killing zombies gets boring after around 20-30 undead not reacting to anything but a headshot.
  4. Mar 8, 2013
    I liked that game, but, IMHO, it's not worth the 10s and 9s. It's quite average and repetitive.
    Actualy, it's a very smart idea to add zombies in Sniper game, but the main problem, that there are just too many of 'em, regardless of the superb bullet mechanic, constant headshoting becomes dull very fast.
    Also, i like references to 80s horror flicks with dense fog and slow zombies and keybord music, it creates quite nostalgic atmosphere.
    IMHO, they should have made more maps, even if they would have been smaller, and few different modes, like boss-battles and canister-collecting, something like that. And then, it would have been 9 or 10. Yeah.
  5. Mar 8, 2013
    Good fun for the price but it is very short. The more people you play with the more zombies there are. The cramped levels make the game feel more like a 3rd person shooter than a sniper game, and you almost have to have one or two players avoid sniping just to guard the rear approaches. The "defend against the horde" sections almost require you to play through the game, fail, and thenGood fun for the price but it is very short. The more people you play with the more zombies there are. The cramped levels make the game feel more like a 3rd person shooter than a sniper game, and you almost have to have one or two players avoid sniping just to guard the rear approaches. The "defend against the horde" sections almost require you to play through the game, fail, and then play through again to know where exactly to place traps, snipe from, and fall back to otherwise you're gonna have a bad time. As with most co-op games, playing with strangers can be frustrating as hell because people either don't communicate or do dumbass Playing with friends is strongly encouraged. The atmosphere of this game is great. The music, the fog, the slow zombies, it's like an 80s zombie flick set in the 40s. And oh there are plenty of zombies to kill. Nothing compares to shooting the grenade on the webbing of a Nazi zombie to have it explode and kill nine of his zombie pals. There are also armored zombies toting MG42s and kamikaze zombies who happily run at you and explode. Downing them in a group of slow zombies and watching the resulting boom is also glorious. This is a great arcade-like stand alone expansion to Sniper Elite V2. You better enjoy playing the same levels over and over again a la Left 4 Dead and not care that everything is scripted, though. Expand
  6. ave
    Feb 7, 2015
    I never played Sniper Elite, I was just lured by the title and a possible twist on the classical Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

At first, I wad pleased to watch my best sniper shots in bullet time, but since it only happened using the sniper rifles, and considering the fact you spend most of your time shooting at close to medium range, I eventually set it to a reasonable amont. Like

Like many modern FPS, you have to carefully choose the few weapons and grenades you carry. Zombies sometimes holds ammunition, but they disappear after a too much shorter time to take advantage of this. You play with an OTS camera, eventually hitting CTRL for a better aiming, or Right Mouse for a sniper scope.

The enemies fall into a limited set of categories : swarm of slow walkers, bunch fast skeletons, one slow hard boiled giant with a machinegun, and a couple of flying snipers. Not really inspired but gives up some adrenaline rush in closed quarters.

The overall level design is pretty good, leaving you with several camp sites or hides to run to. Plus, the recreation of ravaged Germany is convincing. Unfortunately, these levels are filled with fog that brought my computer to the knees and the rendering shaky.

I eventually reached the final boss in the chapel, but the unability to have a smooth aim ruined the final battle.

Overall all, Sniper Elite : Nazi Zombie Army is more a recreational shooter, that you might enjoy as a filler if you happen to have a decent computer to run it (apparently, gameplay videos on Youtube looked like it was possible).
  7. May 2, 2015
    I'm rewriting my review. Previously, I had bashed it for its "terrible" optimization (5 out of 10), but now I see that it's just really demanding on the GPU... like unnecessarily demanding for its visual quality. My 660 Ti screams at low-med settings. Fortunately, it keeps up a solid 60 fps, except when there are corpses flying after a big explosion, then it gets choppy momentarily, butI'm rewriting my review. Previously, I had bashed it for its "terrible" optimization (5 out of 10), but now I see that it's just really demanding on the GPU... like unnecessarily demanding for its visual quality. My 660 Ti screams at low-med settings. Fortunately, it keeps up a solid 60 fps, except when there are corpses flying after a big explosion, then it gets choppy momentarily, but picks back up to a playable 60 fps. Not a major issue. I'm just glad it's 99% playable. Last time I played, I didn't think to lower the settings because Sniper Elite V2 ran perfectly nearly maxed out, so I just assumed Nazi Zombie Army would be just as smooth, but it wasn't, so I got mad and uninstalled it and put it in my "Do Not Play Again" category. Obviously I played it again... but that's because I had upgraded my PC. The game passes. It may leave my "Do Not Play Again" category now ;P With technical stuff aside, the game is simply fun! Shoot nazi zombies, explode nazi zombies, run through linear areas, do it some more. Fun Fun. Graphics don't have to be amazing to enjoy it. Still looks and runs better than console versions. Might get the sequel. Idk. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2013
    Solid gameplay but lacking in variety pretty much sums it up. I love playing coop games (on max difficulty) and as third person shooters go I really liked Mass Effect 3 and Spec Ops: The Line. Though where Mass Effect 3 offers more types of enemies, variety in maps, a level system and a wide variety of weapons and skills, and where Spec Ops greatly rewards strategy and teamwork and greatSolid gameplay but lacking in variety pretty much sums it up. I love playing coop games (on max difficulty) and as third person shooters go I really liked Mass Effect 3 and Spec Ops: The Line. Though where Mass Effect 3 offers more types of enemies, variety in maps, a level system and a wide variety of weapons and skills, and where Spec Ops greatly rewards strategy and teamwork and great level variety, Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army feels a bit samey. There are only a handful of enemy types, some extremely rare to encounter alongside a very gray looking environment with weapons that are barely distinguishable from one another, at least as far primaries go since there isn't much to choose from in terms of secondaries and pistols.

It's very satisfying blasting down waves of zombies, literally having 50+ zombies slowly making their way towards you with the occasional kamikazes that will sprint towards you to present your face with a stielhandgranate. However, there is next to no room for tactics, once you've learned the spawn pattern it's very easy to strategize. Especially on max difficulty you're bound to lose at some point, though in Spec Ops it remained exciting, since you simply had to keep pushing or get stuck; you'd have to strategize upfront and apply whatever tactics needed to pull ahead. Nazi Zombie Army however becomes predictable to a point you're just following routines to beat a given chapter. With the lack of rewards and variety in both weapons and environments I can't give it higher than a 7/10. It doesn't deserve anything lower either since after all, it was always offered relatively cheap (€11 on Steam as I'm writing this).

To conclude: solid and fairly enjoyable with at least one friend, just samey compared to other experiences.
  9. Apr 25, 2013
    Having really enjoyed Sniper Elite v2 on the PC I bought this, just because I knew it would be a fun experience. For the most part it is a good game. The graphics and sound set the mood just right and the control system is as close to perfect as you can get for this type of game.
    Then there comes the decision to run with planned obsolescence specifications. I have no idea why they decided to go down this road but it badly effected PC users and drove some people away as well as the score down. The beauty of V2 was that it ran great on even low or mid range systems at decent settings and looked good. For them to force frame rate loss on older or lower spec systems just alienated fans of V2. When mainstream games like Crysis 3 have PO implemented I can understand as it's played by a lot of people who have extremely high spec machines and want to "keep up with the times" while seeing the difference after upgrading... but for a Subordinate game of V2, it makes no sense.
    Overall, it's worth a play. Defiantly worth the full 14.99 USD price (currently on steam) if you are a fan of Sniper Elite V2. Just make sure you have new (not necessarily "good" GTX 660ti or HD7770 will do) hardware and you should be fine.
  10. AWG
    Jul 31, 2013
    "Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army" is a good game about killing zombies with creepy 2SPOOKY4ME environments. Graphics are almost perfect, controls not so good.
  11. Jul 30, 2013
    A fan of SEv2, I was expecting a little more from the game. My biggest gripe is the areas are so small. Also, these are organized fighting zombies, which is fine. I would perfer to have a bigger levels, so I have some elbow room to move around in. I have only played a few hours so maybe it gets better. I tend to find my self running back and forth in the small area so I can shoot. TheA fan of SEv2, I was expecting a little more from the game. My biggest gripe is the areas are so small. Also, these are organized fighting zombies, which is fine. I would perfer to have a bigger levels, so I have some elbow room to move around in. I have only played a few hours so maybe it gets better. I tend to find my self running back and forth in the small area so I can shoot. The sniper gun is almost worthless most the time. The machine gun is the best gun and I am nearly always out of bullets. Maybe I am missing something, but there is grenades and and mines lying around that I cannot pick up. So, even on the minimal level it can be a grind. I simply dont want to fight a huge mobs of zombies with no room to hide and snipe, they should have at least given us a sword for those situations. Still overall it is a decent game from what I have seen, good variety of crazy zombies and other baddies. Requires thinking and planing, which I liked in V2, but here I would perfer more laid back play for this kind of game. Its just not to my choice, others may really enjoy this approach. I will continue to play and look forward to SEIII. Expand
  12. Mar 18, 2014
    Очень скучная и однообразная игра!
    +Работа со светом
    +Дизайн локаций
    -Затянутые бои
    -Нет сюжета
    -Малое количество врагов
  13. Jun 5, 2014
    A fun game to play in Solo or Co-Op. The levels are well designed with eerie landscapes, challenging moments within the game bring in the tactics of that of the other Sniper Elite games and the return of the bullet cam makes zombie killing a pleasure. A quick cash grab? No, definitely not.
  14. Mar 1, 2013
    I wasn't sure about buying it at first, saw it had a few minutes left on sale and I took a chance,
    To tell the truth, it was awesome, Good graphics, awesome snipe cam, challenging levels, coop, loads of zombies, not just regular zombies, you got fast b*strds that explode next to you, you've got a big ass nazi zombie with a machine gun, you got boss fights, you got different objectives and scenarios, plenty of fun to tell the truth, and last thing it is really cheap, only about 15 dollars.
    If you are thinking to get CoD black ops 1 or 2 for the zombies, you better get this one.
    One last thing, if you liked sniper elite, you will like this.

There’s a simple test that will easily let you know if you want to play this game. Read its title. Does it look interesting? If so, just buy it now- it’s tons of fun. [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    Nazi Zombie Army is bland, not very original and unpleasant to play. The best thing about this game is the title. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.81]
  3. May 5, 2013
    With V2's incredible mechanics being employed to take on a more morally acceptable foe, Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army makes a worthy addition to the Sniper Elite franchise. With its extremely budget-friendly price and surprisingly large amount of content, NZA will please existing sniper fans, as well as anyone curious to check out what it might be like to shoot a few hundred zombies in the face from 70 yards away