6.7

1. Feb 23, 2014
    I could hardly be more satisfied with this game. I'm generally not a fan of third person shooters but decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it. The way Sniper Elite is designed, with stealthy and tactical elements, it's perfect with a third person view and the ability to look around corners etc without peeking out. The graphics are great as far as I'm concerned, very realistic. The audio is pretty good too - the only thing I could complain about is that the 360 angle isn't always that perfect, having been spoiled with games where I can tell precisely by sound from where the enemy is coming, sometimes it isn't as accurate in this game which can be a little annoying.

The plot and the actual gameplay are overall good. I like the fact that even me (who is rather good at online FPS games but usually sucks at single player ones) can easily jump into the action by choosing the beginners mode called cadet mode. The controls are very straightforward and well explained during the first mission. The gameplay is a mix of sneaking or crawling around and taking out enemies silently with your pistol and sniper rifle, and also during some parts you will be engaged in more close combat and forced to take out your machine gun and go rambo. The games has it's ups and downs of course and some sections are a little boring but at times I truly feel like a sniper during WWII and the bullet cam/x ray cam really adds to this sensation. Nothing beats peeking out only to deliver a fatal headshot from hundreds of meters away and then see the Nazi's brain being all splattered.

The only actual problem with the game that I have is the limited amount of secondary weapons/ammunition. I mean the things you start out with, a silenced pistol which is great at close range but sucks even at short distances and a machine gun that has very little ammo and is certain to gather the enemies attention isn't very useful. More often than not I find myself having to rely on my sniper rifle, even in close quarter combat where I have to bring out my noscope/quickscoping skills. But hey this is something I can overlook as I love using the rifle anyways.

If you want constant action and think it is boring to slowly crawl on the ground while infiltrating a base or spending a few minutes scouting the surroundings with your binocular to find where the enemies are located, then it may not be for you. But if you are looking for realism and having to think before you act rather than just go crazy with heavy artillery then it is certainly something you should try out.
  2. Oct 12, 2013
    super jeu balistique réussi ,le système Xray est superbe et je le recommande fortement ,n’écoutez pas les personnes qui critique mal le jeu il ne savent même pas jouer et ratent tout le temps leur cible
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    This game gives the player a sense of control of the game itself. I love the sniper's choice effect and the slow motion x-ray effects are incredible.
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    this is is sniping ol about not sniper chost warior nope sniper elite its the second world war like you wount do see it its fun to replay the game and have fun shooting hitler
  5. Mar 16, 2013
    Amazing game! One of it's kind! An opposite of CoD or Counter Strike kind of games: it is not a game to run around with a machine gun. On it's best, you hide somewhere and lay down and wait for the enemy to come in your line of sight. Bullet cam really kickas ass and the wind+bullet drop makes sniping as near real as it could be!!!
  6. Jan 13, 2013
    este juego es uno de mis favortios , graficos buenos, jugabilidad buena, camara de bala genial no le veo practicamente nada de malo, si disparar es ovio que te ven si te quedas en el mismo lugar, segun vi en otra criticia , la esto no es una carrera, es un shooter de disparos con una buena historia que se adapata muy bien a la segunda guerra mundial
  7. Dec 3, 2012
    This is all you want in a sniper game. Very good campaign mission, and suspenseful multiplayer! Overall the game has great physics and it makes me feel like im part of the mission.
  8. Nov 2, 2012
    65 to this and 78 to MW3? ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? This game is... Well, like the first SE, but with better graphics (and less challenging). If you have the German version, you'll be losing the best of the game: X-Ray KillCam. Of course, this game is stealth, so if you played CoD or BF you won't be able to appreciate this game, because you'll think you're Rambo and that you can kill 10 people just by yourself with a Welrod while 123124141235357983479175981274981275 bullets don't hurt you at all. Collapse
  9. Sep 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game! I love FPS WWII games and sniping is my favorite, so I love this game. Those that don't, give it lower scores. It's not "Rocket Surgery" or anything. Aren't game reviews fun? Dah... Bottom line, play it if you like the genre, you will be happy with the money you spent. Now go outside and kill somebody. You spend too much time in doors.
    Spoiler Alert:
    You shoot people and they die. Nothing like real combat, but video games never are. We should send all the freaking idiots who think that game violence is an issue to a war zone. They would realize how idiotic their behavior is and how safe their little made up worlds are.
  10. Sep 21, 2012
    There is no other SNIPER game on the market that can touch this... Single or Multiplayer.. period!
    New DLC just released.. this game just keeps getting better with the added FREE multiplayer maps and cross nocross server options... excellent work!!
  11. Jul 28, 2012
    beautiful game that shines the most by far on pc. I play it in eyefinity on 3*23"lcd's. This makes approx a 110cm or 42 inch display with a resolution of 3240*1920. Exactly 3 times as much frames as a tv with that size. What a thrill ride this game is with it's awesome bulletcam and atmospheric war-scenes. Every single obtject is rendered with breathtaking detail. This game owns both MW3 and Battlefield3 if you ask me (but so does BFBC2 btw)..cheers! Expand
  12. Jun 4, 2012
    Outstanding game. Great ballistics, awesome kill cams, a lot of great fun. Playing on hardest difficulty (the only way to play this game really), makes you have to think about every action and when you complete a mission you feel a real sense of achievement. Good stuff.
  13. Jun 3, 2012
    For everyone out there who thinks this game is unrealistic because situations you are placed in aren't true to those of an actual sniper, DIE. Of course it's not realistic in that sense, ITS A GAME: they need to make it more exciting than sitting at one strategic location for hours. That said, I can't rate this game fairly. This is the kind of game that, depending on the player, gets a 10 or a 1. I you're a patriot of anywhere who enjoys shooting Nazis and Soviets in the face/balls and loves getting headshots, this is the game for you. If you're a Neonazi who somehow doesn't enjoy making some other poor bastard die for his country (RL-3 quote from Fallout 3, Bethesda, I take no credit), than you'll probably hate this game. Back to seriousness, long range, EPIC, short range, not so much, really bad actually, but if you're actually good at the game, there wont be too much close combat. For me, you've seen my rating, but I feel for the guys out there rating this game a 3, though I am disappointed. Btw, the only reason I don't rate this game a 10 is because of one particular level (3rd or 4th, you'll know, it's pretty bad). Expand
  14. May 26, 2012
    It's been almost 7 years since a true stealth game appeared.Now,this genre is back in the game with this brilliant Sniper Elite V2. It has almost everything you can wish from a stealth. The graphic is good, bullet ballistics are incredibly real and the AI is acceptable. Somehow,even this game has problems. There are path finding problems,the AI is not so clever when it does not to be and there are graphic glitches and bugs. Other than this I cannot blame this game. It deserves our money,though is very short. Expand
  15. May 16, 2012
    You would think in sniper V2 the slowmo bullet penetration thing would get old.It doesn't.EVER.I took time off from Diablo 3 to get my fix of the skull drilling.I played the old one and if it was anything like this one it would have been game of the year....back then.Only downside is it still felt too short and the lack of different weapons.Otherwise well done guys.I got trigger finger wood. x-)
  16. May 15, 2012
    This game not bad, but its too short for me.... Multiplayer are awesome, i love this game for it. Bullet Time camera is great! So if you want multiplayer good battles - buy it!
  17. May 12, 2012
    I don't know why so much negatives about this game because this is very realistic sniper simulator despite sometimes levels too linear for stealth but anyway it's one of the best games of this year so far
  18. May 6, 2012
    This game deserve much more than this.
    Graphic are good,the ballistics are very realstic, it's one of the few stealth games I really appreciated.
    The most amazing feature of this game are the killcams, they are very well made and realistic.
  19. May 6, 2012
    An absolute blast to play and a significant improvement over its predecessor, Sniper Elite V.2 is a sniping fan's wet dream. The singleplayer campaign is fairly lengthy and packed with interesting and fun shooting scenarios, the core shooting mechanics are rock-solid, the layer-by-layer X-ray killcams are fascinating and bloody, and the addition of coop for the entire game is just icing on the cake. Its story is lacklustre, yes, but that's the only bad thing I have to say about this immensely satisfying title.

And to those complaining about historical accuracy: this is HISTORICAL FICTION. Crawl out of your box and do some research before being an ass.
  20. BMF
    May 5, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 is a very fun game with epic kill cams and very dynamic gore. I have seen a bullet rip all the way up a femur exploding it as it goes and then bounce off the hip bone. You can shoot nazis fingers (or testies) off in slow motion and pop more skulls then you can count while masking your shots with ambient noise. As a bonus I was even able to shoot hitler and all this happens in excellent graphics at a great framerate (120FPS) The AI leaves somthing to be desired but it doesnt take away from the fun. Coop is fun and works very well but I havnt gotten around to PVP. Expand
  21. May 5, 2012
    Great Graphics and awesome game play. Runs really well, cannot believe a game this good looking can run on 4 gigs of ram, a 6770 and an Athlon dual core processor!
  22. May 4, 2012
    Stellar game. On mission three and as a fan of the first this did not disappoint! Bullet cams are why I play. I plan to play this for a while as I enjoy drawn out games.
  23. May 4, 2012
    The game has left pretty good impressions after having played for a couple of hours. The singleplayer is great fun. Theres not very much story to it and you also won't see many cutscenes, but the atmosphere and the gameplay is great. The game also looks really good! The sound is nice too (especially the weapon sounds!).

Let's come to the multiplayer... the biggest negative point here: It
    lacks of content. There are only 2 modes and 3 maps. But Rebellion already announced that they have a pretty big DLC-plan (FREE dlc's) which will bring new maps, new modes etc. Let's hope it doesn't takes too long!
    The multiplayer is pure fun in my opinion. It's very refreshing from all those run 'n gun shooters. Running around like a chicken only brings you death here ;) Haven't played much MP matches yet, but the MP feels pretty balanced to me. There are some bugs (spawnbugs for example) but still the MP feels pretty polished to me.

Can't say anything about the coop yet sadly since I haven't tried it out yet.

Give the game a chance! Try the demo on steam. I recommend it!
  24. May 4, 2012
    I really like this game. officially I am more with Serious Sam like games and I thought this game was not good. But when I played the demo I just could not pull myself away from it and purchased the game. Great Realistic game!
  25. May 2, 2012
    The graphics are great, shooting mechanics is solid, pretty good sound. The game will intermittently send you in shooting where your shooting prowess will determine your victory. This is the kind of game where you need lots of patience, but the game is stealth shooter.
  26. May 1, 2012
    GREAT sequel!!!

Awesome bullet cams, pretty good graphics(Uses great lighting, some DX11 effects, buttery smooth) even tho textures aren't amazing, still gorgeous. On mission 4 currently, but so far I love it. For those saying it is so linear, that's because you haven't looked around. There are alleyways and multiple play styles to try even on the 1st real mission. Haven't tried
    multiplayer yet, but this game was definitely worth the $45!!!(Preorder special price) Expand
  27. May 1, 2012
    This is a very fun game. Great graphics, great lighting, awesome x-rays, all-out awesome game. It's very satisfying watching the x-ray kills every time it happens. This is definitely the kind of game where you need lots of patience if you're going to play on the higher difficulties because of the bullet ballistics which, in fact, are really well done. The only problem I have with this game is that it's too short. That's really my only complaint about it but other then that it is a solid stealth-action game. If you enjoy a good stealth game, this one is well worth the buy. Expand
  28. May 1, 2012
    Very fun game, shooting mechanics are solid and the game looks up-to-date graphics wise.
    About half the missions are based on stealth, where you can choose any direction to approach your opponents from and devise the best strategy to take them out without being spotted. The whole game isn't a stealth shooter, though. The game will intermittently throw you into unavoidable non-stealth
    situations where your shooting prowess will determine your victory. Co-op feels solid, although there is a bit too much "Waiting for your co-op partner" for my likes, but I guess this keeps the other guy from running ahead and skipping the best parts. The slow-downs are still in co-op, but they're much shorter unless you get a REALLY good shot, and it forces both players to watch as the bullet streaks across the sky right into the opponent's eye or heart. Defiantly worth the buy. Expand
  29. Nov 2, 2012

1. Jan 8, 2013
    Sniper Elite V2 is a good and solid action sniper game. The story about the V2 scientists is nice, well narrated and motivates to keep playing. The graphics are not good, but ok and if you can manage that, you can give it a try.
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    Many better shooters out there, where you can assume a sniper's role as well. What does V2 have to counter-offer? Had it followed another path, with more emphasis on stealth and the preparation of the shot, it could have made a difference, as a game of another subgenre. [July 2012]
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    Behind the flashy graphics and the brutal depiction of gore, the game is surprisingly mundane, eschewing what made the original work while including no new features of its own.