Sniper Elite V2 PC

6.7

1. Aug 16, 2016
    To be honest, Sniper Elite V2 (I have the Steam version) isn't bad as stated by the reviews. Sure the game can be arcadey at times, but it's still enjoyable to play.

If you play the campaign on normal, it can maybe be finished in 5.8 hours depending if you are good at the game or rush through the missions (it has 11 missions). The arcade feel would be best described in which the

The arcade feel would be best described in which the whole game is all crouch based movement. If you try to run, the enemy can hear you miles away. You have you stay crouched or else you will be heard (this is kinda stupid in my opinion). If Snipers are looking the other way, they immediately look towards you and shoot you. If there is a tank, they whip their barrel around in 1 millisecond staring right at you (which is not normal for real tanks) and they will mostly shoot at you in a first glance. But once you get a 2 kill one shot (collateral kill) bullet cam, get a grenade bullet cam (where you shoot a grenade on the guy's body and the guy explodes) or even timing your sniper shot to a background explosion to kill an enemy in silence is really truly satisfying. A small annoyance with the game is the looting. Sometimes your character will loot a weapon which you don't want him to pick up, you only just want the ammo.

Other than that, the game is fine to play, the game runs great and the graphics are decent. I guess anyone who likes this type of stealth style game will like it and enjoy themselves.
  2. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is fun kill cam is fun only could be more opened but it s good game i like it.
    .............................................................
  3. ave
    Sep 24, 2015
    I've discovered the Sniper Elite serie via Nazi Zombie, that wasn't much fun. I gave a try to the first Sniper Elite and this second opus is much interesting.

I've only played the game in Cadet mode because I wanted to go up to the end. I found the game somewhat in between Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Call of Duty, without the frantic pace. Actually, the balance between sniping

Actually, the balance between sniping and stealth is pretty good in easy mode. But the medium range shooting is not that rewarding since it is much harder to aim. (For a game about elite riflemen, it's quite unexpected).

I loved the recreation of the cities destroyed by the bombing, and especially the multiple paths to sneak around enemies. Otherwise, the levels are pretty linear, with long parts without enemies.

The only element that eventually bored me was the camera and sometimes the aiming lag or follow through. I'm used to tight controls between the mouse and the aiming, and this was disturbing during all the game.

Nevertheless, the developers did a good (not great) job recreating the unusual gameplay of the sniper, and that's the promise of game. So good work, Rebellion!
  4. Sep 10, 2015
    The graphics are great, shooting mechanics is solid, pretty good sound. The game will intermittently send you in shooting where your shooting prowess will determine your victory. This is the kind of game where you need lots of patience, but the game is stealth shooter.
  5. Aug 30, 2015
    Oh My God! WHAT IS THIS? A 2012 game, from 2000 pc gfx-engine age? Game idea was good, like V1. But those terrible horrible gfx and clunky controls and movements make it totally unplayable :-( in year 2000 it could be a very good game, in 2012 (/2015 :-)) a mediocre one...
  6. Jun 24, 2015
    Sniper Elite V2, a sequel to Sniper Elite is developed by Rebellion Developments, this sniper action/stealth game is one I did not expect, it is a great WWII video-game, based on the Nazis trying to create the V2 rockets to destroy England, France and the rest of Europe. You are an American sniper trying to locate and destroy or snipe objectives given to you. Kind of like No One LivesSniper Elite V2, a sequel to Sniper Elite is developed by Rebellion Developments, this sniper action/stealth game is one I did not expect, it is a great WWII video-game, based on the Nazis trying to create the V2 rockets to destroy England, France and the rest of Europe. You are an American sniper trying to locate and destroy or snipe objectives given to you. Kind of like No One Lives Forever (where you have to locate someone or shoot somebody) but in the times of Hitler and World War II (WWII), the graphics are fantastic, the music is very good, the voice acting on both the English side and German side is great and it is satisfying game, especially when you snipe someone and the camera focuses on the bullet piercing through the bodies of the enemy. It is so satisfying, kind of makes me feel like I am playing Shadow Warrior with the katana, but this time it is a deadly sniper. Overall it is a great game, some glitches and dumb AI here and there but overall it is a great game to play. Especially now since it is free for 24 Hours! (04/06/2014)

Although I haven't played the Co-Op side of the game, when I do get the chance I will edit this review again!

The Multiplayer kinda put me of, with is bad servers, crashing all the time, lag, and bugs that are ridiculous, I kind of felt put off, now you might say "Oh, but it might be your Internet", please be rest assured that I pay for the best internet my ISP (Internet Service Provider) can provide, now if the ISP is lying to me and I am not getting the best internet on offer, then I can understand, other games like Battlefield 3 by EA Games and Primal Carnage by Lukewarm Media, I can run the perfectly with little to no lag at all, and I am kind of dissapointed that the servers on Sniper Elite V2 are not the greatest

BUT, if you want a game that makes you feel satisfied in killing Nazis and set in the WWII era and includes a side of sniper action and stealth, then this is the game for you
  7. Jun 9, 2015
    It's a nice game, but have some problems. Story it isn't good, problem wih detection .
  8. May 17, 2015
    This game is Fantastic Fun! The graphics are good, kill cameras are fun, and it does get a little harder as it progresses to the end. I recommend this one!
  9. May 11, 2015
    Waiting for the right second in the crack of a broken down building. Watching the movements to judge the right shot. You pull the trigger and watch your beautiful bullet soar through the air in slow motion as it travels to its home, right through the eyeball and out of the back of the head.
    That is the idea of the game and it hits the mark. Taking your time with each shot or trying to quick snipe everything, the gameplay choice is up to you. The Xray slow motion for kill shots is the best feature of the game hands down. Watching it rip and tear through muscle and bone.
    Positive: Xray kill camera
    Negative: Lack of weapons
  10. Jan 30, 2015
    A criminally underrated game in my opinion, this game is an under appreciated classic.

Pros: Unlike a lot of "realistic" shooters nowadays such as Battlefield and Medal of Honor, this game actually has a decent story! It is set near the end of World War 2, an American Sniper named Karl Fairburne is set out to prevent a nuclear disaster (avoiding as many spoilers as I can). The visuals

Pros:
    The visuals are awesome, but slightly bland. In some levels, the lighting effects are absolutely gorgeous and the same goes for the shadows. I really felt like it immersed me in the game and really fit the tone perfectly.
    The sniping is heavenly awesome. On harder difficulties, you have to fight against wind movement, forcing you to perfectly align your shots. When you get a kill, it feels really satisfying and rewards you with a breathtaking, yet gruesome kill-cam which shows you where you hit your target.
    The narration is perfect. Whether it be during cutscenes in between missions or in the mission briefing, it is well acted and swiftly progresses the story forward.

Cons:
    There is a multiplayer, but it isn't even worth mentioning. From my experience, it is horrible. I don't think that the gameplay style of Sniper Elite v2 fits a multiplayer atmosphere.

Overall, I think that Sniper Elite V2 is a fantastic WW2 shooter and it really immersed me from the beginning. Multiplayer is horrible though. Maybe its better in Sniper Elite 3.

11. Jan 2, 2015
    Good graphics, excellent game mechanics, good AI, clear game rules. This game requires from the player to think and plan first and only then shoot. WW2
  12. sft
    Dec 17, 2014
    Keep your distance

Keep your distance

Sniping is always great fun so any game that offers plenty of it has to be a good thing. The sniping in SNIPER ELITE V2 is (as I understand it) pretty realistic. It includes all the conditions that would effect such a task in the real world, including bullet drop, wind speed and direction, body movement etc. There’s no denying the satisfaction when you score a hit, especially a headshot, and this is often augmented by the enjoyable spectacle of the bullet flying through the air in slow-motion towards its target. Personally, I could have lived without the kill-cam’s depiction of the victim’s injuries, but this is only a game so let’s not get too wrapped up in the ethics. Less successful is the close-quarter combat that you are sometimes forced into. The cover-based stealth system is less sophisticated than in some games (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for example) and aiming at close range can be problematic. This, coupled with a ridiculously keen-eyed AI, can prove frustrating. The graphics are good to very good, with the ruins of a war-torn Berlin particularly well depicted. The story is rather fractured due to the mission-based gameplay but SEV2 isn’t really about story, its about honing your long-range shooting skills, and this it does well.
  13. Oct 23, 2014
    Got this free on Steam. You should have done so too. This isn't entirely realistic, but it's one of those games which strikes a balance between realism and fun. It's challenging too. The story, however, is not very engaging. You are an OSS agent in WWII trying to assassinate German scientists before the Russians can get them, so not only will you fight German soldiers, but also SovietGot this free on Steam. You should have done so too. This isn't entirely realistic, but it's one of those games which strikes a balance between realism and fun. It's challenging too. The story, however, is not very engaging. You are an OSS agent in WWII trying to assassinate German scientists before the Russians can get them, so not only will you fight German soldiers, but also Soviet soldiers. And there's was a lot of room to make a decent story; you are a secret agent carrying out missions that "never happened" after all. But anyway, on the the gameplay itself. As said already, it's great. Since you are a sniper, close combat is discouraged, and even though you have an SMG, it has limited ammo. For the best experience, I recommend you set the enemy skill to "Veteran", realism to "limited", and tactical assistance "off". Lower settings to me make the game too easy. That said, you have to praise Rebellion for making customizable difficulties. And the main feature of the game: the X-ray cam. It show just what a sniper bullet can do to your body. Can be quite satisfying, especially when fighting difficult enemies. This is cinematics done right. Fortunately, if you are squeamish, you can turn it off. Also, never underestimate a single foe: he can kill you easily. Speaking of the enemies, while they can pose a challenge, the AI could use some improving. This is evident when you see German and Soviet soldiers fighting each other; they will have no problem trying to kill you, but they seem to not cope well when fighting each other. The campaign has a decent length: 8-10 hours. And a second play-through is worth it. Multiplayer is quite fun too, you are all snipers. Element of surprise and awareness play an even bigger role here.

So do I recommend this game? Yes. But you should have got it when it was free. Right now, it's $30, and I don't think that's a good price. If you didn't get a free copy, wait for a sale: this game is worth $20 to me.
  14. Oct 14, 2014
    I don't have the twitchy reflexes needed to play run and gun type FPS shooters against teenagers, so I really like the pacing of this game. Even the single player game is well paced, with more emphasis on getting a good position to make the kill shot, than on fighting your way through a horde of bots or bunny hopping solo players as in Call of Duty. I would orefer if the main character,I don't have the twitchy reflexes needed to play run and gun type FPS shooters against teenagers, so I really like the pacing of this game. Even the single player game is well paced, with more emphasis on getting a good position to make the kill shot, than on fighting your way through a horde of bots or bunny hopping solo players as in Call of Duty. I would orefer if the main character, and the single player plotline, weren't so gung ho GI joe-like, but it's a small complaint. Expand
  15. Oct 12, 2014
    This is not a realistic sniping game, play something else for that. It is a best a faux realistic sniping game that hides it's arcade design badly. If you played the first one this is a step down mechanically. If you want a lighter sniping game then add + 2 to my score as most of the bad points are because it tries to be something it's not.

Bad points - Stealth is lousy Npcs

Bad points - Stealth is lousy
    Npcs scripting is poor. Very linear level design.
    Two sets of bullet physics, one for rifles one for SMGs and pistol
    Some bad scale, 100m does not always look 100m
    Historically inaccurate weapons- scopes, lack of adjustable sights, accuracy, sounds
    3rd person even when using ironsights
    Poor cover system
    No ability to properly peek /lean. TPS Camera often gets blocked by terrain
    Weapon damage - unless you hit a cam shot Germans will soak up bullets.
    belly, chest, shoulder, upper thigh, have no effect
    Low FOV with no FOV changer
    Oddly enough no controller remapping for those that prefer that method.

Ok points Sounds, nothing grates but nothing stands out. Music is stock and poorly used
    Bullet cam is nicely done but I turned it off pretty quick, too gimicky.
    Controls ok but needs some contextual keys and a less finicky posture control
    Locations are fairly interesting with some nice little details here and there

Better points Graphics are servicable , fair amount of tweaking options
    Uniforms are pretty good though not fully accurate
    Sniping is still there with it's own difficulty setting
    A nice bag of toys to play with , mines ,dynamite , trips wires etc
  16. Sep 11, 2014
    Steam had it free so I picked it up.

I wasn't expecting much, but it it's a fine WW2 shooter. The sniper missions are interspersed with parts of machine gun action, so it feels like a single player one man hero. I prefer first person perspective for many reasons. The weakness of third person shows up in this. That's running and turning is tricky. Zooming in changes rotation speed.
    Steam had it free so I picked it up.

I prefer first person perspective for many reasons. The weakness of third person shows up in this. That's running and turning is tricky. Zooming in changes rotation speed. Those kind of mechanical functions that feel a little off. However when you zoom on an enemy it goes into first person, and the mix gives it that something else.

I simply can't rate it low when I got it free. I had plenty of great moments in my first time through, and will re-run it sometime. Maybe when I have a more powerful GPU, I will re-play. On max settings this looks good and is thirsty for graphics hardware: even a GTX660 will struggle under 25fps. Maybe if I can work out how to run DX10, or 9, instead of DX11, I may squeeze a few more frames out.

I don't know what it is about sniper shooting that I like so much. Maybe it's getting the enemies down without being too close to the heat. Whatever it is, you get your stealth and slow-mo shots in this game. For me, I never got bored of that, and wished it was longer.
  17. Aug 13, 2014
    >BAD<
    This game has a good idea and solid foundation - shooting mechanic is really well done.
    It indeed has some epic moments with the sniper-bullet cam which doesn't really get boring. The problem is that this game screams low budget at every corner. Nothing in this game is really polished, nothing is top-notch, everything is of average quality of below, from stealth through story to
    >BAD<
    The problem is that this game screams low budget at every corner. Nothing in this game is really polished, nothing is top-notch, everything is of average quality of below, from stealth through story to level design and physics.
    It's just a good idea with crappy execution and doesn't deserve more than 4/10.
  18. Jul 17, 2014
    $30 for this game is ridiculous. By now it is at most worth $10. It took me about 15 hours to beat the single player campaign, which is definitely fun. The missions are exciting and the story is decent, but once I beat the main story I felt literally zero desire to go back through the missions and replay them for fun or to collect gold bars/bottles.

The challenges are fun to

The challenges are fun to experiment with, but I only played about 2 because more than that just seemed repetitive.

Great graphics. Play on cadet mode because the other 2 difficulties completely flaw your bullet trajectories. I felt as though I could play on the harder difficulty, but it would just take more time, so what's the point? (it wasn't fun to "challenge" myself)

I recommend if it's on sale for $10 or less but there are wiser things to spend $30 on.
  19. Jul 15, 2014
    +decent killcam

-terrible AI
    -terrible stealth
    -very repetitive
    -regenerating health
    -checkpoints every 5 steps
    -objective markers everywhere
    -boring shooting mechanics for non-sniper weapons
    -very linear
    -killcam is really the only decent thing about the game
  20. Jul 6, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    The main character is Lieutenant Karl Fairburne, a German American OSS officer and skilled sniper who is inserted into Berlin in 1945, during the final days of WW2. Fairburne comes up against both Nazi and Soviet opponents as he tracks key individuals involved with the development of the V-2 ballistic missile. To be honest, the story here is BORING in the way it's told. The plot is told through some brief dialogue from our main sniper at the start of each mission as he summarizes his plan for the following mission he partakes on. That plus an occasional cutscene that plays during your missions, and that's how the story is told. The story here has no interesting climax, it drags on after the 7th mission, the voice acting here is mediocre (even from the nazis and soviets), and our sniper lead has to be one of the most boring protagonist I've ever scene in a video game. To sum it up, the story here is BORING. 2/10

Gameplay:
    The game does a better job at gameplay than on story with some excellent sniping, but with some bad shooting. First off, the sniping here is fantastic as the game does a great job at making the sniping here realistic with realistic ballistics, adjusting your shots for wind speed, strength, or bullet drop, changing your position to steady the shot, using other environmental sounds to mask your shot and prevent it from being heard, and even holding your breath to steady your shot even more while also allowing a red diamond to appear off-center to show you where your shot will land. All of this of course, can be turned off or minimal-ized. The game's biggest and most badass feature is the X-Ray Kill Cam which shows your sniper shot as it penetrates your enemy's body, and you get to see all of the impact that bullet causes. You could see a variety of organs being destroyed by your shot. Examples include: brain, esophagus, stomach, lungs, both intestines, liver, heart, certain muscles, and TESTICLES! Ouch! Another thing I must praise is how smart the A.I. is. The A.I. here act very smart and realistic-ly, and unlike in Wolfenstein: The New Order, the game doesn't rely on heavy enemy variety to be challenging. These enemies you fight will try to flank you, take cover, throw grenades at you, shoot at the last position they saw you at, some will try to snipe you, and these guys can take a few hits before going down. Before each of the 10 missions begins, you can customize your loadout which includes your sniper rifle, SMG, pistol, and can select a certain amount of equipment like grenades, trip mines, and land mines. The customization unfortunately, is lacking. Outside of the campaign, you can do challenges (survival mode) to extend your play time. Whereas the sniping here is amazing and challenging, the shooting is tedious and frustrating. Like in Thief (2014), the game makes the loud option more tedious and frustrating just so the game can force you to play it the way it's meant to be played, and taking away player freedom and creativity. At the start of each mission, your SMG will have 1 full clip of ammo, but NO spare reserve available, forcing you to resupply from enemies and ultimately, makes the Thompson SMG (the most powerful option) worthless because ammo is scarce. The crosshair is also a problem as it doesn't tighten up as much when you ADS, making pulling off those headshots with your silenced pistol a challenge in it of itself. There's also a good cover system here, and the level design is solid, and allows for more pathways to the objective to be made. I completed the game around 5 hours, so the single player isn't long, but I find that to be a good thing because even though the game is short, the story was what made the game feel dragged on, and I wished the game had ended sooner. Overall, where the story was BORING, the gameplay is great. 6/10

Graphics:
    On max settings, the game looks ok, but for a 2012 game, it looks outdated. The textures look ok, the lighting is fine, and the character models are good. But the biggest problem here is the world design. Part of the reason why I became bored during my playthrough was because nearly every environment looked the same. A torn down Berlin isn't a very interesting place to explore in a game. I think there's another reason why we don't see that much WW2 games being made (outside of oversaturation), the environments are BORING. 6/10

Sound:
    The sniper shots sound intense, the gunshots and other sound effects are ok, the X-ray gore sounds are satisfying to hear, and the score does a great job at building tension when you get spotted. Great sound design here. 8/10

Multiplayer:
    Not many people play the multiplayer anymore, but it's still ok to play when you're in a server. Good balancing and maps, but there's no progressional system. Because of that, you'll most likely get bored of it sooner or later. 6/10

Verdict:
    Sniper Elite V2 is a fun sniping game with a boring story, but ok one time gameplay. I'd say rent it.

Rating: 6/10
  21. Jun 29, 2014
    This game was very relaxing for me ( i played on cadet :)) ) so it was just going trough scenario without much challenge. And I find it satisfactory. I love to kill Nazis, in fact here you kill both Nazis and Russians together witch is interesting. I never killed them together as I recall. Those two factions ( nations) are in last 5 years game industry biggest body count as i can tell (This game was very relaxing for me ( i played on cadet :)) ) so it was just going trough scenario without much challenge. And I find it satisfactory. I love to kill Nazis, in fact here you kill both Nazis and Russians together witch is interesting. I never killed them together as I recall. Those two factions ( nations) are in last 5 years game industry biggest body count as i can tell ( Nazis and Russians ultra nationalists are doomed in games :)) ( not fair but , man got to used to )
    Game it self is solid , especially because i played it after Sniper ghost warrior 2.
    Scenery of devastated battlefield brings authentic atmosphere, and the sounds of surrounding war are also good.
    Graphics on max are good, I enjoy it i visual terms.
    Game is pretty linear but exchanging fire with other snipers on the battlefield is superb.
    Kill cam is great. Gadgets that you carry gives you ways to improvise which is good and fun. Maybe combat in small spaces is a little clunky, i didn't like it.
    All in all to those who love to snipe and WWII games has my recommendation
  22. Jun 24, 2014
    이것은 최고의 스나이퍼 게임입니다. 매우현실적이고 멀티까지 지원되요. 그리고 재가 생각하기앤 사운드도 좋다고 생각합니다.
  23. Jun 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tried to like this game. I put a fair few hours in and it did deliver on some aspects. I had fun, but there are a number of issues here.

The AI is such a disappointment. It was quite the let down as other reviewers have noted.
    The Sniping was fun, especially the slow-mo kill stuff at the beginning. But that wears off as you get going.

There's no stealth here. The AI ruins it. Try as you might there will come a point where you are forced out in the open and then they all come running and shooting.

Nice touch with the bottles, but that idea could been expanded way more.

The story line was a stretch. Need to get some better ideas here.

Overall an OK game. It has it's moments. But for it's release date the graphics are very basic. I felt like I was playing a game from 10 years ago, not 2 years. So the graphics cannot add to the game play.

Give this one a miss unless it on a super sale (I got it free). There are plenty of better games out there.
  24. Jun 15, 2014
    I was fan of the first Sniper Elite. I got past the crap controls and glitch AI and step snags to enjoy the game. With Sniper Elite v2: i have the exact same issues but grew less tolerant of them. I'm not sure why the developers didn't bother to fix these issues from the first but I got so annoyed so fast seeing that there were no improvements. Still, I did enjoy the game. It looked andI was fan of the first Sniper Elite. I got past the crap controls and glitch AI and step snags to enjoy the game. With Sniper Elite v2: i have the exact same issues but grew less tolerant of them. I'm not sure why the developers didn't bother to fix these issues from the first but I got so annoyed so fast seeing that there were no improvements. Still, I did enjoy the game. It looked and sounded great and the story was engaging. It's a shame they got lazy. This could've topped the first easily. Here's hoping v3 is better. Expand
  25. Jun 13, 2014
    A run-and-gun game with a sniper rifle and a few guns. Nothing great. The bullet physics is pretty cool, but sometimes frustrating since it seems as though bullet can't pierce through drywall. I do like the game because it's a vacation from the overtly realistic sniper games I tend to play like Ghost Warrior etc. Story is the Generic 'Murkia ftw kind.
    Take the game with a grain of salt,
    Take the game with a grain of salt, it's a mediocre run and gun shooter. A shooting gallery with mediocre graphics.
    Shooting Nazis is always fun!
  26. Jun 13, 2014
    I get this game for free by the steam For Free event first i thought hm metascore 6.7 but well then i played and this game makes pretty much fun its of course not so much realistic but it makes really fun withe the slomo or xray shots and the story is pretty cool to to infiltrate some bases and the graphics are PERFECT !
  27. Jun 11, 2014
    Some aspects of this rather unrealistic game were so enjoyable, I bought the zombie sniper elite games as well. I'll probably wait and buy V3 as well. Now the grrrrr. I have to wonder if any of the developers actually consulted ballistics tables, much less ever fired a scoped rifle. Here's my beef. The weapons have ridiculously large bullet drops (hold over distance) from 70 metersSome aspects of this rather unrealistic game were so enjoyable, I bought the zombie sniper elite games as well. I'll probably wait and buy V3 as well. Now the grrrrr. I have to wonder if any of the developers actually consulted ballistics tables, much less ever fired a scoped rifle. Here's my beef. The weapons have ridiculously large bullet drops (hold over distance) from 70 meters and becomes little more than guesswork at 200 meters plus. I guess the concept of rifle zeroing escaped the developers. It amazes me why the hell they would also give ridiculously long wait times between you breath holds (pulse rate drops) while the enemy sniper can accurately snap shoot you at 2 second intervals. Haven't any of these people ever fired a rifle at all? I've never measured it but don't believe my pulse rate goes up 5 or 6 beats following a shot. I'd be amazed if this happened to a trained sniper. My final word: an enjoyable but sometimes frustrating game. Expand
  28. Jun 11, 2014
    A surprising solid third-person shooter. I was expecting nothing more than a wack-a-mole shooting gallery with clunky controls. However, Sniper Elite V2 is a no-nonsense sniping game which is fun to play and of decent quality. The bullet cam and sound are especially commendable. What's great is how you can adjust the difficulty; including the bullet physics. The game is intuitive,A surprising solid third-person shooter. I was expecting nothing more than a wack-a-mole shooting gallery with clunky controls. However, Sniper Elite V2 is a no-nonsense sniping game which is fun to play and of decent quality. The bullet cam and sound are especially commendable. What's great is how you can adjust the difficulty; including the bullet physics. The game is intuitive, fast-paced and has smooth controls. It works well with both a gamepad and mouse & keyboard. Mechanically, the game is robust and this becomes apparent in multiplayer. It's no Gears of War, and the cover system is a bit fiddly but other than that, one would be pushed to find more flaws in a sniping-focused shooter which delivers all the action without the camping and bird-watching. Sure, the campaign and levels aren't exactly epic and lack the excitement of sniper missions found in other shooters, but overall Sniper Elite V2 is worth playing if you're after a fun sniping experience. Expand
  29. Jun 9, 2014
    Sniping is fun, yes. Very well done and bullet cam causes me to cringe like nothing else. Graphics are ok and sounds are quite cool, especially since you can use environmental sounds to your advantage. Any other weapon is a useless peashooter. The maps are full of scripted events and do now allow for creative solutions. It's like walking in a shooting gallery. Walk here and 3 ducks, I meanSniping is fun, yes. Very well done and bullet cam causes me to cringe like nothing else. Graphics are ok and sounds are quite cool, especially since you can use environmental sounds to your advantage. Any other weapon is a useless peashooter. The maps are full of scripted events and do now allow for creative solutions. It's like walking in a shooting gallery. Walk here and 3 ducks, I mean carefully positioned enemies pop their heads up, walk there and suddenly an army runs out from a nearby closet. Overall it's like having a beautiful 30x10cm painting in a 300x100cm frame made of cow droppings. Expand
  30. Jun 8, 2014
    I just do not know what to say about this game, everything is bad here, The only well made thing here is killcam. Stay out of it, one of the worst games I've played in a long time.
  31. Jun 6, 2014
  32. Jun 6, 2014
    "meh" is the word to describe this game. The sniping is kinda fun but this game doesn't leave you much choice in the tactics department. Definitely not the worst game ever but it's not really worth anybody's time.
  33. Jun 5, 2014
    So, the game started pretty much like the Nazi Zombie Army mod but without the zombies and with some stealth elements. Seemed decent enough. First missions went like a charm a bit boring and repetetive altogether but still somewhat fun, so I kept playing. And then I got to the mission Museum something.
    Started reading the mission briefing (description) and stumbled. Right there white on black it said: "The Krauts were making a stand at Museum Island, I was happy to let them rot, but helping them slow the Reds was my best chance of buying some time". WTF?!
    Is that what the allies were doing during the war? Help nazis against Russians? Is that what the imagination of the devs told them one fine morning when they tried to come up with a mission concept?
    Well I started the mission anyway and what I found there just absolutely shocked me. As an american sniper you need to kill soviet troops to get to your goal? Seriously, biТch? Go fu.сk urselves a$$hole$! Allies, my ar$e! I just got out from around the conrner and let the first Russian man waste my sorry yankee ar$e for aiding the enemy and uninstalled this ridiculous joke of a game.

To the devs I'd like to say I hope you burn in the same pit of hell where the devs of Company of Heroes 2 shall certainly wait for you for the same type of "creativity" dishonoring the valor and sacrifice of brave Russian people who protected their Motherland to the last breath and rid the world of nazi menace. Damn you, damn you to hell, you ba$tard$!
  34. Jun 5, 2014
    Good game as long as you are sniping. It's what the game does great. Other than that, any stealth or encounter is frustrating, simply because the controls are clunky. It's a third person shooter, but you have so limited ways of checking your surroundings, you can't even peek from around the corners. I mean, it lacks the control design that you would expect from a stealth game. Speaking ofGood game as long as you are sniping. It's what the game does great. Other than that, any stealth or encounter is frustrating, simply because the controls are clunky. It's a third person shooter, but you have so limited ways of checking your surroundings, you can't even peek from around the corners. I mean, it lacks the control design that you would expect from a stealth game. Speaking of stealth; a loud, long-distance sniper rifle gives you much more points than you get from a silent, close-encounter kill. Therefore, you have no motivation for the stealth at all.

Get the game if you think the fun of using sniper rifles is enough reason to buy it, otherwise look elsewhere.
  35. May 24, 2014
    Sniper Elite V2 is a very well built war fantasy game. It is a fantasy, because even on higher settings your character regenerates health after being shot, and often will be shot 10-20 times but still complete a mission. The graphics are GREAT. This really feels like 1945 Germany. The game mechanics are GOOD. Shooting is fun, and scoping and moving are fluid. Voice work and sound are GOODSniper Elite V2 is a very well built war fantasy game. It is a fantasy, because even on higher settings your character regenerates health after being shot, and often will be shot 10-20 times but still complete a mission. The graphics are GREAT. This really feels like 1945 Germany. The game mechanics are GOOD. Shooting is fun, and scoping and moving are fluid. Voice work and sound are GOOD as well. The missions are also fairly good, but we can feel all over the constraints of the consoles in the design. The levels are smallish. There are not enough missions and certainly not enough open maps. A good game but finally it is too small and too short. The missions are great but there is not enough open material to let the player roam about and explore. Future games will need MORE content. Especially more and bigger levels to let the players gain a feeling of excitement in sneaking around and discovering things. It also wouldn't hurt to have a bigger range of interactions with the environment. People have criticized the AI but IMHO it is GREAT. The enemy units have amazing animations, they move realistically, and relocate and flank very effectively. It's impossible to shoot easily at range when the enemy will close in and take you down with SMGs from short range. This makes for very exciting gameplay, forcing the player into constant vigilance and motion to avoid the enemy counterattacks.

orctowngrot
  36. May 15, 2014
    The campaign is very linear, and can feel repetitive. About a third of the campaign doesn't require use of a sniper rifle, but rather an SMG or pistol. I played through it once, and have had no desire to replay it.

That said, I keep coming back for its survival mode. Whenever I'm bored, and don't know what to do with myself, I generally turn to this game and play survival mode, which is like a very interactive shooting gallery where the targets shoot back. I have also replayed the DLC mission to assassinate Hitler many times, and it hasn't gotten old yet!
  37. Apr 29, 2014
    An overall fun game. The missions have enough variety to keep you interested, and the sniper kill cams always are entertaining. While there aren't many weapons to choose from in the game, the graphics and play-ability will keep you interested long enough to get your money's worth. Good graphics and music as well to go along with it. Solid game.
  38. Feb 23, 2014
    I could hardly be more satisfied with this game. I'm generally not a fan of third person shooters but decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it. The way Sniper Elite is designed, with stealthy and tactical elements, it's perfect with a third person view and the ability to look around corners etc without peeking out. The graphics are great as far as I'm concerned, very realistic.I could hardly be more satisfied with this game. I'm generally not a fan of third person shooters but decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it. The way Sniper Elite is designed, with stealthy and tactical elements, it's perfect with a third person view and the ability to look around corners etc without peeking out. The graphics are great as far as I'm concerned, very realistic. The audio is pretty good too - the only thing I could complain about is that the 360 angle isn't always that perfect, having been spoiled with games where I can tell precisely by sound from where the enemy is coming, sometimes it isn't as accurate in this game which can be a little annoying.

The plot and the actual gameplay are overall good. I like the fact that even me (who is rather good at online FPS games but usually sucks at single player ones) can easily jump into the action by choosing the beginners mode called cadet mode. The controls are very straightforward and well explained during the first mission. The gameplay is a mix of sneaking or crawling around and taking out enemies silently with your pistol and sniper rifle, and also during some parts you will be engaged in more close combat and forced to take out your machine gun and go rambo. The games has it's ups and downs of course and some sections are a little boring but at times I truly feel like a sniper during WWII and the bullet cam/x ray cam really adds to this sensation. Nothing beats peeking out only to deliver a fatal headshot from hundreds of meters away and then see the Nazi's brain being all splattered.

The only actual problem with the game that I have is the limited amount of secondary weapons/ammunition. I mean the things you start out with, a silenced pistol which is great at close range but sucks even at short distances and a machine gun that has very little ammo and is certain to gather the enemies attention isn't very useful. More often than not I find myself having to rely on my sniper rifle, even in close quarter combat where I have to bring out my noscope/quickscoping skills. But hey this is something I can overlook as I love using the rifle anyways.

If you want constant action and think it is boring to slowly crawl on the ground while infiltrating a base or spending a few minutes scouting the surroundings with your binocular to find where the enemies are located, then it may not be for you. But if you are looking for realism and having to think before you act rather than just go crazy with heavy artillery then it is certainly something you should try out.
  39. Jan 27, 2014
    Barely recognizable as a sniper elite game. While the first required you to plan ahead, think and take shots carefully around any enemy in case you alerted most of the third Reich, this second installment is completely lacking.

There is no atmosphere at all, and it is most definitely not tactical. After BREEZING through 5-6 missions on the hardest possible settings because of casualised mechanics like regenerating health, enemies that can hear all of 5 feet, and being able to literally complete all the missions like it was any other generic TPS, I stopped playing. The bullet physics are completely off (to the developer's own admission) and rather than the first game where you actually felt cut off, alone and vulnerable, this installment makes it easy to be a superhuman with a kevlar coated face.
  40. Jan 25, 2014
    I think this game is better than the average score but then I love WW2 settings and I love snipers. Combat is fun, feels good and responsive. My score is for the single player game only! I haven't played CO-OP or online multiplayer.
  41. Dec 20, 2013
    definitivamente o melhor jogo de franco-atiradores e o trabalho mais bem feito da Rebellion. Vale a pena comprá-lo, a ambientação sensacional e apesar de ser difícil se acostumar com a jogabilidade (troca de armas, precisão, etc), você pega o jeito logo na segunda fase. Eu gostaria de um pouco mais de "stealth" e espionagem, por isso darei apenas 8 pontos.
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    Get's boring VERY quickly. I had high expectations since a sniper game sounds very good. I played the first chapter...and it got already very boring and I don't feel like continuing. If you shot your first 5 guys well you know the rest. Seriously. I also found the "kill cam" a turn-off, it makes the game less realistic.
  43. Nov 23, 2013
    I rarely write reviews here. In fact this may be my first PC game review, but I was surprised by the amount of negative and mixed reviews this game got and felt the need to add my two cents. I am an amateur WWII historian so my opinion may be biased when it comes to games based in this era, but it also means I'm a good judge of historical accuracy in WWII games and I must say, this gameI rarely write reviews here. In fact this may be my first PC game review, but I was surprised by the amount of negative and mixed reviews this game got and felt the need to add my two cents. I am an amateur WWII historian so my opinion may be biased when it comes to games based in this era, but it also means I'm a good judge of historical accuracy in WWII games and I must say, this game got a lot more things right than it did wrong.

I've seen comments about it being an 'arcade shooter' and while I can't disagree with that completely, there is a lot more here than 'a basic shooter'. The main draws are the bullet physics and Kill Cam, and Rebellion got both of those right. I'm not sure if some of these people were playing it on easy mode, but if you turn the difficulty up to Sniper Elite (you can even define custom difficulty levels) the physics and AI become brutally unforgiving. I loved that part of it because I enjoy games that are hard to beat. Some people don't. But those people needed to specify what difficulty they were using when they said how easy it was. There's a strong multiplayer and co-op component and the achievements and in-game challenges add a ton of replay to this too. The story is good and, yes, it is very plausible. It takes place during the last days of the Third Reich when the Iron Curtain began to come down in eastern Europe. The enemies you fight are mostly Nazis, but the missions and even some levels focus on the Russians and their involvement with the Nazis after the fall of Berlin. Specifically the story is about the US trying to get to Hitler's 'Wonder Weapons' before the Russians do and that all happened in reality. Granted there wasn't some lone wolf sniper collecting everything and killing everyone for the US government, but everything else is quite accurate in historical context.

Anyway, those are my thought. If you like FPS action games you will like this. If you like WWII-era games you will probably like this. Wait for it to go on sale for $10 and buy it, or better yet buy the bundle with the DLC. The DLCs add a ton of replay to a game that already had a lot of replay potential.
  44. Nov 15, 2013
    When I first tried this game I gave up after only a few minutes because of the wonky keyboard configuration. I uninstalled it. Many moons later I saw that has partial controller support so I reinstalled this bad boy and went ahead sniping the heck out of Zeh Nazis and have had a blast...those bullet animations entering and destroying the bodies of nazis hasn't gotten old yet. This isWhen I first tried this game I gave up after only a few minutes because of the wonky keyboard configuration. I uninstalled it. Many moons later I saw that has partial controller support so I reinstalled this bad boy and went ahead sniping the heck out of Zeh Nazis and have had a blast...those bullet animations entering and destroying the bodies of nazis hasn't gotten old yet. This is a pretty straight forward game, if you enjoy pretending to kill nazis and blowing stuff up with style, you may like this. Expand
  45. Oct 24, 2013
    Picked this up on Steam for £6.50 and it's pretty decent but does not justify paying full-whack for what is a linear, CoD-inspired title. The campaign is reasonable but doesn't really challenge the gamer as the majority of the gameplay is scripted. The general approach is nothing short of a Call of Duty clone and doesn't do enough to inspire or set itself apart from the other FPS shootersPicked this up on Steam for £6.50 and it's pretty decent but does not justify paying full-whack for what is a linear, CoD-inspired title. The campaign is reasonable but doesn't really challenge the gamer as the majority of the gameplay is scripted. The general approach is nothing short of a Call of Duty clone and doesn't do enough to inspire or set itself apart from the other FPS shooters in a very crowded market.

The bullet-cam seems to be lifted from Max Payne and too much of the game seems to be built around other titles with a severe lack of originality. The combat is fairly bland as are the missions and the general feel is more of cheap arcade than a serious title that warrants a full price. If you have a few quid going spare and nothing to do until Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty Ghosts; you may want to indulge but don't expect too much from what is a reasonable but ultimately dull affair.
  46. Oct 18, 2013
    I picked this game up for 7 dollars when it was on sale. This is one of those games where you shouldn't look for story or characters. It's mindless entertainment that I had fun playing, but sll that aside, I won't play it again. Read other reviews to see why.
  47. Oct 12, 2013
    super jeu balistique réussi ,le système Xray est superbe et je le recommande fortement ,n’écoutez pas les personnes qui critique mal le jeu il ne savent même pas jouer et ratent tout le temps leur cible
  48. Jul 24, 2013
    You can tell that there was some solid effort put into Sniper Elite V2, but it ends up being just another average game. The high points of V2 are it's great graphics, excellent effects, and good representation of 1945's Berlin. The highpoint of the game is back: Bullet-cam. Unfortunately when you hear about Sniper Elite, this is usually all you hear about since it's really the only thingYou can tell that there was some solid effort put into Sniper Elite V2, but it ends up being just another average game. The high points of V2 are it's great graphics, excellent effects, and good representation of 1945's Berlin. The highpoint of the game is back: Bullet-cam. Unfortunately when you hear about Sniper Elite, this is usually all you hear about since it's really the only thing good enough to tell others about. V2 falls flat on it's face in just about every remaining aspect of the game. The sounds are rarely synced and you can hear the sound of a bolt action rifle after every shot you take even when you aren't using a bolt action rifle.The mission variety isn't the best in the world and the campaign is rather short (4-5 hours on normal difficulty). It seems they have totally gutted the singleplayer experience so they could add Co-OP and multiplayer. Both of these modes are utter garbage so we end up with a game that fails in all aspects, rather than one that is good in at least one. Thanks, multiplayer fanboys, for ruining yet another singleplayer game. You are given tons of traps and other special weapons to use, unfortunately they really aren't necessary at all. There is also a severe lack of weapon variety unless you purchase all the DLCs. You get rifle "upgrades" but these upgrades do little more than add an extra zoom level or add extra rounds to your clip/magazine. The enemy AI and pathfinding is horrid. You will often see the AI moving in erratic fashion: Facing one way, jerking around up and down, looking left right, then immediately zooming in on your and killing you in two shots. It ends up making sniping a complete chore since you can't predict your enemies movement (which is incredibly important in real-life sniping). Speaking of sniping, the bullet ballistics are still just as terrible as they were in the first game. Bullets drop off drastically at 50 meters, there is a huge delay between firing and the bullet leaving the rifle, this forces you to aim considerably far in front of moving targets to hit them even at small distances.My biggest gripe with the game is it's complete lack of historical accuracy in many aspects of the game. Half of the Russian you face have PPSH's with 71 round drum magazines. Not only was the PPSH very rare to begin with, but the 71 round magazine was ever more rare. The same for the Germans; Three out of four german enemies have an MP40. This is not historically accurate at all. One of hte more annoying parts was how you got a Geweher 43 rifle, but it's magazine only holds 7 rounds. There was never a 7 round magazine made for this rifle in the history of the world. There was only ever a 10 round magazine. Why would you change this? For balance? Then give the player a M1 Garand which has a 8 round clip. Another point which many people have complained about is that just like in the first game, you go around as an American, killing Russians in Berlin. Thankfully you fight Germans far more often than you did in the first game, but it's still a bit ridiculous how half the game has you shooting Russians. It's pretty strange considering this game is made by a British developer. Anyway, in conclusion, Sniper Elite V2 was promising, but ultimately fell short of many fronts making it no more than an average game. Only consider purchasing this if you want an arcade sniping game that won't give you much choice on how to play the game (stealth vs run and gun). Expand
  49. Jul 18, 2013
    Poor console port to PC. It deserves a 2 because it has a story at least, but is let down by the poor controls, especially moving around... Keep console games to consoles. Nice to be able to set trip bombs etc...

With improved controls (more common to a FPS) this could be a great game... Shame it fails on so many levels.
  50. Jun 23, 2013
    while the sniping and killcams are great, almost everything else is bad. the level design isnt consistent, somtimes its good and sometimes its bad. the enviroments are repetetive and boring, and the graphics arent anything to marvel at. the music gets anoing at some point. there are also spawning enemies, WHICH IS REALLY IRRITATING. the AI IS EXTREMELY DUMB. the save system also doesntwhile the sniping and killcams are great, almost everything else is bad. the level design isnt consistent, somtimes its good and sometimes its bad. the enviroments are repetetive and boring, and the graphics arent anything to marvel at. the music gets anoing at some point. there are also spawning enemies, WHICH IS REALLY IRRITATING. the AI IS EXTREMELY DUMB. the save system also doesnt save frequently enough. the game is also pretty repetetive. the stealth is absolute crap, and theres lot of it. the guns are boring, and dont pack a punch. the story is ok, but not more than that.
    overall bad game. while the core of the game sniping) is great, all the things that sorround it are crap!
  51. Jun 10, 2013
    This game gives the player a sense of control of the game itself. I love the sniper's choice effect and the slow motion x-ray effects are incredible.
  52. May 21, 2013
    was not impressed with the gameplay one dimensional AI, tedious and boring missions, at times the missions were ridiculously easy at the other times ridiculously hard, navigating the map was frustrating, unrealistic. This was one of the most boring games i've played
  53. May 4, 2013
    This game to me is amazing...i love snipers games... the slow motion cam is the best ever seen... to be better in the cooperative mode can improved, because the ever have stick together, but in the next franchise title I'm sure that they will adjust it. I recommend this game for all sniper game lovers rsrsrs...
  54. May 1, 2013
    Overall a pretty decent game- my biggest complaints were graphics being a little lackluster and the way enemies were spawned. As a sniper it is incredibly important to be able to see all enemies in the map to plot your best strategy. There were a few times where I would have played the level incredibly differently if I had been able to see the enemies before entering the new area and thusOverall a pretty decent game- my biggest complaints were graphics being a little lackluster and the way enemies were spawned. As a sniper it is incredibly important to be able to see all enemies in the map to plot your best strategy. There were a few times where I would have played the level incredibly differently if I had been able to see the enemies before entering the new area and thus "spawning" them.

The maps themselves were a little strange and not well suited to "true sniping scenarios". The story was pretty lackluster and the levels were very linear.

The killcam is awesome, the bullet physics were awesome, and the gameplay is definitely fun enough to warrant a single playthrough.
  55. Apr 16, 2013
    this is is sniping ol about not sniper chost warior nope sniper elite its the second world war like you wount do see it its fun to replay the game and have fun shooting hitler
  56. Apr 6, 2013
    An otherwise bland sniper game made somewhat memorable by its innovative features. V2 is great testicle-shooting fun for about 3 hours, but then it quickly gets overwhelming. Bullet ballistics were advanced and the simulation seemed quite a bit more accurate than other shooters. Getting long-distance kills was very satisfying, mainly because of the gory bullet-cam that displays yourAn otherwise bland sniper game made somewhat memorable by its innovative features. V2 is great testicle-shooting fun for about 3 hours, but then it quickly gets overwhelming. Bullet ballistics were advanced and the simulation seemed quite a bit more accurate than other shooters. Getting long-distance kills was very satisfying, mainly because of the gory bullet-cam that displays your bullets entering your opponent's body and wreaking havoc on his organs.

I would have loved for the sniping fun to continue, but all the sudden the game overwhelms you with massive numbers of... tanks. Yes, I said tanks. Literally, you're on the ground with no cover, trying to shoot a tiny fuel cap that will blow the thing up. All while it's pumping you with bullets. This is basically the rest of the game-- it's very repetitive.

The game also incorporates a story, but it's bland and forgettable. Graphics are on-par with a decent game released in 2009, minus the bullet-cam (best bullet-cam ever).

Multiplayer sucks. You all know how much it hurts to get sniped from across the map within a few seconds of spawning. Imagine this, but in a game with poor level design... where the only class is sniper. That, and there's almost never anyone playing.

The price is horrific. Honestly, don't even think about spending $50 on this. If it goes on sale for under $15, you might want to consider it-- but don't expect too much.
  57. Mar 16, 2013
    Amazing game! One of it's kind! An opposite of CoD or Counter Strike kind of games: it is not a game to run around with a machine gun. On it's best, you hide somewhere and lay down and wait for the enemy to come in your line of sight. Bullet cam really kickas ass and the wind+bullet drop makes sniping as near real as it could be!!!
  58. Mar 2, 2013
    While I truly enjoyed my time with Sniper Elite V2, the game's short length and unsatisfying final mission left me wanting something more. However, despite those factors leaving a bitter taste in my mouth, I cannot say that I regret the experience. If nothing else, the sniping is so rewarding as to justify the entire purchase. I don't know what everyone else is complaining about here.While I truly enjoyed my time with Sniper Elite V2, the game's short length and unsatisfying final mission left me wanting something more. However, despite those factors leaving a bitter taste in my mouth, I cannot say that I regret the experience. If nothing else, the sniping is so rewarding as to justify the entire purchase. I don't know what everyone else is complaining about here. Sure, the sniping isn't realistic on lower difficulties. That being said, sniping variables can be added to enhance the experience. Enough effort is required to line up your shots that the kill cam at the end feels immensely satisfying. I'm not one of those people who demands perfect realism in their games. If something feels right, I often don't have a problem with willing suspension of disbelief. As such, I'm willing to overlook some of V2's flaws. Sniper Elite V2 may not offer the most "realistic sniping experience EVAR," but it does make the player feel like a vengeful god dealing righteous justice from across the map while still providing a reasonable challenge. In my humble opinion, overlooking some kooky AI and graphical kinks is a small price to pay for such badassery. Expand
  59. Feb 16, 2013
    This second version is not as addictive as the first one, but I did not regret any of the hours spent on it and finished it already 2 times in different modes (I like specially the gold and bottles seeking nobody understands why the bottles are there where they are but at the end who cares). The graphics are good, the game play is good and quite easy. It is not a pure stealth and notThis second version is not as addictive as the first one, but I did not regret any of the hours spent on it and finished it already 2 times in different modes (I like specially the gold and bottles seeking nobody understands why the bottles are there where they are but at the end who cares). The graphics are good, the game play is good and quite easy. It is not a pure stealth and not tactical at all, but it remains a good stealth-action game to free up your mind. Expand
  60. Feb 15, 2013
    For a game called Sniper Elite, you spend a lot of time not sniping! It's a shame too because Sniping is a lot of fun in this game. Seeing the gruesome kills never gets old. The Pistol and Submachine Guns have terrible accuracy and don't do enough damage to enemies. I've shot enemies point blank with both weapons only to see them stumble and shoot at me like they're at full health.For a game called Sniper Elite, you spend a lot of time not sniping! It's a shame too because Sniping is a lot of fun in this game. Seeing the gruesome kills never gets old. The Pistol and Submachine Guns have terrible accuracy and don't do enough damage to enemies. I've shot enemies point blank with both weapons only to see them stumble and shoot at me like they're at full health. The game is fun when you're sniping but outside of it, it's very generic and not very fun. Expand
  61. Feb 14, 2013
    I've only played this as co-op with a friend and really enjoyed it. The kill cam is really good, in co-op if you get a really good shot then both players see the kill cam animation, this cut seen is really short, about 2-3 seconds and doesn't get in the way of the action of game.
    Is a good sneak/run and hide/camping game if you're into that. I've not played it through as a single player so can't really comment on that.
  62. Feb 3, 2013
    I didn't mind the first and this is not a bad game as such, but once again it finds it self in the middle of what it wants to be. The sniper game mechanics are quite good however the way maps and missions are designed make it very hard to play it without using other guns as you tend to be swarmed with enemies.

Once again a lot of potential mostly not fulfilled.
  63. Jan 20, 2013
    Unarguably, the game's biggest flaw is the indescribably bad cover system that will make you want to rip your hair off. I am not exaggerating when I say how gutwrenchingly frustrating and abysmal it is. The character will enter cover on the opposite corner of where you're standing, he will randomly leave it while you move in cover, he will randomly start receiving full damage as if heUnarguably, the game's biggest flaw is the indescribably bad cover system that will make you want to rip your hair off. I am not exaggerating when I say how gutwrenchingly frustrating and abysmal it is. The character will enter cover on the opposite corner of where you're standing, he will randomly leave it while you move in cover, he will randomly start receiving full damage as if he weren't even in cover, he won't be able to step out of cover to shoot, some obvious cover isn't usable and so on. There is the AI which will yell "Sniper!" or "Grenade!" and then proceed to stand where it is and stare into the ground. There are also some minor but annoying and ridiculously unrealistic things, like taking a 5-bullet sniper magazine from the table and getting 30 bullets from it, taking 2 grenades and getting only 1, finding sniper ammunition on a foot soldier who uses a submachinegun etc. The developers want to force you to play the game as a stealth operative and a sniper so much, they also unrealistically limit ammunition. You are able to carry up to 100 bullets for your 5-bullet magazine sniper, while only being able to carry 60 for your 30-bullet magazine submachine gun. The stealth element is not very entertaining, while the sniping is a lot of fun, especially on higher levels of difficulty with advanced ballistics. Bullet-cam and x-rays remain very entertaining for the duration of the game, while shooting with other weapons besides the sniper can get boring and annoying very quickly. Levels are linear at first, but start getting more complex with different approaches later on. The graphics are a bit on the downside, but they give a good WWII feeling, and believable enemy faces, you will feel numerous times like you're killing actual people(bullet-cam adds to it), instead of generic soldiers whose only purpose is to stand in your way. It has decent voice-overs with some familiar voices and a story that didn't keep me particularly interested, but that is a matter of taste. Sadly, the flaws listed above make the game stick at 5, even though it could have been much better, taking into account the great sniper action. Expand
  64. Jan 13, 2013
    este juego es uno de mis favortios , graficos buenos, jugabilidad buena, camara de bala genial no le veo practicamente nada de malo, si disparar es ovio que te ven si te quedas en el mismo lugar, segun vi en otra criticia , la esto no es una carrera, es un shooter de disparos con una buena historia que se adapata muy bien a la segunda guerra mundial
  65. Jan 4, 2013
    I have always been a fan of games based in WWII. There is something about that time period that really draws me in. Even when the entire industry was moaning about "another WWII game" I was consuming with glee. So when this game came out I was going to buy it right away but hesitated because of the mediocre reviews. Well I can't say I regret waiting because I got a great deal throughI have always been a fan of games based in WWII. There is something about that time period that really draws me in. Even when the entire industry was moaning about "another WWII game" I was consuming with glee. So when this game came out I was going to buy it right away but hesitated because of the mediocre reviews. Well I can't say I regret waiting because I got a great deal through steam, I also feel paying full price for this game wouldn't have hurt. GAME: The gameplay is linear. So if that is one of those pet peeves of yours just don't get it. But if you are open minded and understand that linear games belong on the market as much as side scrollers then keep reading. The kill cam effect is awesome, the first 30 odd times you see it. After that it becomes a hindrance and slows the gameplay down. The sniping feels really visceral and when you make that great shot you get that gruelling ...mmmm yeah feeling. In the end if you like sniping and don't mind linear gameplay then buy this game. And if it is on sale on steam just buy it anyway it's definitely worth a try. Expand
  66. Jan 3, 2013
    I really have to agree with most of these. It is not so much a sniper game as a shooting gallery action game.

It IS fun for a bit. My issues are not with the sniping. that is a blast. I find the up close mechanics atrocious. I've played with the mouse settings about ten different ways, but there is just no fluidity to using a pistol of sub machine gun. It would be FAR better as a

It would be FAR better as a first person game. AI is better than some and there are some cool tricks, like waiting for loud noises to fire shots. I just wish that when I screw up and the enemy finds me, I can pull out a pistol and or sub and have a running fight.

Kill cam is cool. But I can see it getting old. With all the cool traps/explosives that you get it would be better to be able to scout out an area, then plan your attack, but that would be in a sniper game, and this is not. It is still fun, but I think it'd be better with better mechanics. Doesn't have the replayibility of COD World at War, but still good.
  67. Dec 8, 2012
    Such a disappointment! I was expecting a sniper game and this is a run and gun: as soon as you fire once, everybody runs around and at you shooting, so you end up running around and shooting as well. I'm so frustrated I bought this and wouldn't recommend it. Yes, the bullet cam is cool but you get used to it so the fun doesn't sustain long. Also, tagging is useless because even if you takeSuch a disappointment! I was expecting a sniper game and this is a run and gun: as soon as you fire once, everybody runs around and at you shooting, so you end up running around and shooting as well. I'm so frustrated I bought this and wouldn't recommend it. Yes, the bullet cam is cool but you get used to it so the fun doesn't sustain long. Also, tagging is useless because even if you take your time, observing and tagging all enemies, after you fired once, new enemies spawn at random places. That's a SHAME! The worse part has been a mission that starts by securing the ground before searching for your contact. Once it's done, you get a message: "The place is secured. Go meet your contact". You go down and new snipers spawn and start shooting at you! This is simply preposterous.
    To me, the only game so far that delivered the real sniping thrill is Sniper Ghost Warrior. I don't understand why critics destroyed it and acclaimed Sniper Elite V2. I guess people just go with the hype instead of searching by themselves what truly works. This is screwed up.
  68. Dec 3, 2012
    This is all you want in a sniper game. Very good campaign mission, and suspenseful multiplayer! Overall the game has great physics and it makes me feel like im part of the mission.
  69. Nov 23, 2012
    I thought this game was OK at best. Pros for me were; the awesome kill cams, easy controls and i found the game to be very user friendly. Negatives; the game is soooo linear. I noticed too with some levels that enemies would randomly spawn based on my position on the map. This was really frustrating especially when i played a level for the first time. Id position on top of an arch somewereI thought this game was OK at best. Pros for me were; the awesome kill cams, easy controls and i found the game to be very user friendly. Negatives; the game is soooo linear. I noticed too with some levels that enemies would randomly spawn based on my position on the map. This was really frustrating especially when i played a level for the first time. Id position on top of an arch somewere spend 5 mins tagging enemies making sure i had them all. Strategically killing them all, coming down off my ledge to a bottom of a set of stairs or whatever and then out of no where there are 3 more who spot me. When i KNOW they were not there before i advanced. Kind of ruins the "Stealth" aspect in certain parts. I got the game on sale on steam for 14.99 and for that price its alright but i wouldnt pay a dime more. Expand
  70. Nov 3, 2012
    Presentation: Beautiful game overall, some animation glitches here and there, but none too serious.

Gameplay: The sniping never gets old, other mechanics do though, and it's hard to really enjoy the game as much as the beginning once your in the final levels. Sound: Great sound effects, pretty good voice acting. Re playability: An OK amount, bottles and Ingots will have you going

Sound: Great sound effects, pretty good voice acting.

Re playability: An OK amount, bottles and Ingots will have you going through the campaign at least once more, challenges can keep you occupied for a while, and Multi-Player can last you a while for sure.

Overall, fun game. I recommend this purchase.:
  71. Nov 2, 2012
    65 to this and 78 to MW3? ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? This game is... Well, like the first SE, but with better graphics (and less challenging). If you have the German version, you'll be losing the best of the game: X-Ray KillCam. Of course, this game is stealth, so if you played CoD or BF you won't be able to appreciate this game, because you'll think you're Rambo and that you can kill 1065 to this and 78 to MW3? ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? This game is... Well, like the first SE, but with better graphics (and less challenging). If you have the German version, you'll be losing the best of the game: X-Ray KillCam. Of course, this game is stealth, so if you played CoD or BF you won't be able to appreciate this game, because you'll think you're Rambo and that you can kill 10 people just by yourself with a Welrod while 123124141235357983479175981274981275 bullets don't hurt you at all. Expand
  72. Oct 9, 2012
    Almost every aspect of this game is very polished (graphics, sound, ballistics, level design, etc). You can be hiding behind a vehicle and hear the german guards complaining about not being able to phone their wife in the midst of the Berlin invasion... that is the level of realism you get. The downside is that it becomes repetitive, and frustrating at some points. You cannot change theAlmost every aspect of this game is very polished (graphics, sound, ballistics, level design, etc). You can be hiding behind a vehicle and hear the german guards complaining about not being able to phone their wife in the midst of the Berlin invasion... that is the level of realism you get. The downside is that it becomes repetitive, and frustrating at some points. You cannot change the difficulty without starting the whole game all over again... Do not take the "elite" word in the title lightly. All in all it is a good game if you find a good price for it. Expand
  73. Sep 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game! I love FPS WWII games and sniping is my favorite, so I love this game. Those that don't, give it lower scores. It's not "Rocket Surgery" or anything. Aren't game reviews fun? Dah... Bottom line, play it if you like the genre, you will be happy with the money you spent. Now go outside and kill somebody. You spend too much time in doors.
    Spoiler Alert:
    You shoot people and they die. Nothing like real combat, but video games never are. We should send all the freaking idiots who think that game violence is an issue to a war zone. They would realize how idiotic their behavior is and how safe their little made up worlds are.
  74. Sep 21, 2012
    There is no other SNIPER game on the market that can touch this... Single or Multiplayer.. period!
    New DLC just released.. this game just keeps getting better with the added FREE multiplayer maps and cross nocross server options... excellent work!!
  75. Sep 18, 2012
    Even though very similar to the first version, this one is better. I especially liked the scenes following a quality head shot. The weapons choice, however, was limited and the missions were remarkably similar. Otherwise, I would score this game a 10.
  76. Aug 23, 2012
    a game that breaks the boredom of other sniper games, great campaign and great co-op mode, which is a delight, hitting targets, great music and difficulty modes are challenging for the expert graphically is good, nothing out of the ordinary. great success in the x-ray effects, enjoy each shot I fail to understand why the low scores of users when the beginning of the premiere, had higha game that breaks the boredom of other sniper games, great campaign and great co-op mode, which is a delight, hitting targets, great music and difficulty modes are challenging for the expert graphically is good, nothing out of the ordinary. great success in the x-ray effects, enjoy each shot I fail to understand why the low scores of users when the beginning of the premiere, had high grades .... Not to mention the critics long ago lost credibility. Expand
  77. Aug 21, 2012
    I bought Sniper Elite V2 on Steam Sale as I wanted to play a recent WWII game and trailer looked interesting. The level of authenticity of the sniping in the game is just right for me but the enemy AI is just horrible. The enemy soldiers hang sometimes when they try to run and often take the same route just like their comrades took just a second before and got shot. Not very smart. TheI bought Sniper Elite V2 on Steam Sale as I wanted to play a recent WWII game and trailer looked interesting. The level of authenticity of the sniping in the game is just right for me but the enemy AI is just horrible. The enemy soldiers hang sometimes when they try to run and often take the same route just like their comrades took just a second before and got shot. Not very smart. The music int he game is also annoying. The same part repeats far too often. What I like about the game is the graphics with the excellent lightning effects. I play the game in stereoscopic 3D via native AMD HD3D support that adds even more atmosphere. Also the bullet cam is pretty cool especially in stereoscopic 3D. Expand
  78. Aug 20, 2012
    This is much better game than Metacritic score say. Not perfect, but really good one. When I start playing was disappointed and didn't like it a lot, but when used to controls founded game really good and fun!

There is only 2 major bad things about a game: 1) Sniping is unrealistic easy. They should put more realistic sniping. That's probably because they made that for console noob

There is only 2 major bad things about a game:
    1) Sniping is unrealistic easy. They should put more realistic sniping. That's probably because they made that for console noob players and didn't improve for PC version.
    2) Spawning of enemies is really annoying specially in coop. They suddenly pop from locations which you already explored and cleared. So, exploring is not really helpful because enemies pop up from there later.

All together fun game with few possibilities to improve!
  79. Aug 16, 2012
    The gameplay is enjoyable enough, but overall I found this game quite lacking. The killcams are a lot of fun at first, but quickly they become a played-out novelty. The sniping has a good feel to it overall, but that's not saying much when you're dealing with a horrible AI system. The game is very linear, the story is nothing memorable, and the replay value is almost non-existent. If youThe gameplay is enjoyable enough, but overall I found this game quite lacking. The killcams are a lot of fun at first, but quickly they become a played-out novelty. The sniping has a good feel to it overall, but that's not saying much when you're dealing with a horrible AI system. The game is very linear, the story is nothing memorable, and the replay value is almost non-existent. If you can find it for a low price, the 5-6 hours you'll get out of the game are probably worth it, but at full price I'd say it's best to avoid it. Expand
  80. Jul 28, 2012
    beautiful game that shines the most by far on pc. I play it in eyefinity on 3*23"lcd's. This makes approx a 110cm or 42 inch display with a resolution of 3240*1920. Exactly 3 times as much frames as a tv with that size. What a thrill ride this game is with it's awesome bulletcam and atmospheric war-scenes. Every single obtject is rendered with breathtaking detail. This game owns both MW3beautiful game that shines the most by far on pc. I play it in eyefinity on 3*23"lcd's. This makes approx a 110cm or 42 inch display with a resolution of 3240*1920. Exactly 3 times as much frames as a tv with that size. What a thrill ride this game is with it's awesome bulletcam and atmospheric war-scenes. Every single obtject is rendered with breathtaking detail. This game owns both MW3 and Battlefield3 if you ask me (but so does BFBC2 btw)..cheers! Expand
  81. Jul 4, 2012
    Ok... so this is NOT NOT NOT worth the $50 paid - at least to me. I did have some fun playing in coop mode with a friend... then we were both like... that's it? This is the end of the game? I think we completed the whole game on a Sunday afternoon. I like the idea of sniping, but when you shoot one guy, and all his friends know exactly where you are from 250 meters/yards away, thatOk... so this is NOT NOT NOT worth the $50 paid - at least to me. I did have some fun playing in coop mode with a friend... then we were both like... that's it? This is the end of the game? I think we completed the whole game on a Sunday afternoon. I like the idea of sniping, but when you shoot one guy, and all his friends know exactly where you are from 250 meters/yards away, that sux. I like taking my time and sniping, I don't like waves of foes that know exactly where you are. Expand
  82. Jun 29, 2012
    The graphics are ok. The kill cam is indeed well done and fun to see, and the same goes for the sniper's aiming mechanic. Sadly, everything else fails miserably. Movement is very awkward, visually and technically. You can't jump: you can just "vault" (in a very linear way: some tall obstacles are climbable, while others, much lower, are not). Taking cover is a matter of luck. Sometimes anThe graphics are ok. The kill cam is indeed well done and fun to see, and the same goes for the sniper's aiming mechanic. Sadly, everything else fails miserably. Movement is very awkward, visually and technically. You can't jump: you can just "vault" (in a very linear way: some tall obstacles are climbable, while others, much lower, are not). Taking cover is a matter of luck. Sometimes an object will activate the "take cover" option, other times the same identical object - in a different place - will not. Which, as you can imagine, leads you wandering around the field to find the "correct" place to hide. Stealth is, simply put, horrible. As soon as you shoot, enemies are all over you, making this an "action sniper game" instead than a stealthy one. When you think you found the right tactic to kill your enemies silently, some event that renders your efforts useless is activated, since the game WANTS you to be seen, so that enemies can come running at you, and you have to snipe them before they arrive. Above all that, the areas are extremely linear. No smart places to hide and snipe. No alternative routes. Nothing. When I got Sniper V2 I already knew about the bad critiques, but I thought I might enjoy it anyway. I was SO wrong. Expand
  83. Jun 22, 2012
    Where to start, the game is rather fun but it only has replay value with its co-op campaign. I would suggest avoiding the multiplayer as, being all snipers, it ends up being a camping match with a few skillful snipers that dominate the rest. The singleplayer is very linear, even when given some room to maneveur, if you want to stay hidden and not raise an alarm you have a very strict pathWhere to start, the game is rather fun but it only has replay value with its co-op campaign. I would suggest avoiding the multiplayer as, being all snipers, it ends up being a camping match with a few skillful snipers that dominate the rest. The singleplayer is very linear, even when given some room to maneveur, if you want to stay hidden and not raise an alarm you have a very strict path to follow. The sniping is very satisfying, watching a well placed first shot slowly puncture and enemies head with bones breaking and blood showering is very satisfying to behold, yet the novelty wears thin especially on the second to last mission, without spoilers, the enemy knows where you are no matter what you do, and they swarm you, good luck on Sniper Elite difficulty. I am giving it a 7 because it is a good game to me, but it does have lots of faults, I certainly won't blame anyone that hates it. Expand
  84. Jun 22, 2012
    Fun, albeit generic, shooter thats as historically accurate as your gonna get in a game.
    thats where the good stuff ends though
    repetitive, slow and at times extremely dull, overpriced and worst of all forgettable
    definately a buy if on sale, but otherwise stay clear
  85. Jun 4, 2012
    Outstanding game. Great ballistics, awesome kill cams, a lot of great fun. Playing on hardest difficulty (the only way to play this game really), makes you have to think about every action and when you complete a mission you feel a real sense of achievement. Good stuff.
  86. Jun 3, 2012
    For everyone out there who thinks this game is unrealistic because situations you are placed in aren't true to those of an actual sniper, DIE. Of course it's not realistic in that sense, ITS A GAME: they need to make it more exciting than sitting at one strategic location for hours. That said, I can't rate this game fairly. This is the kind of game that, depending on the player, gets a 10For everyone out there who thinks this game is unrealistic because situations you are placed in aren't true to those of an actual sniper, DIE. Of course it's not realistic in that sense, ITS A GAME: they need to make it more exciting than sitting at one strategic location for hours. That said, I can't rate this game fairly. This is the kind of game that, depending on the player, gets a 10 or a 1. I you're a patriot of anywhere who enjoys shooting Nazis and Soviets in the face/balls and loves getting headshots, this is the game for you. If you're a Neonazi who somehow doesn't enjoy making some other poor bastard die for his country (RL-3 quote from Fallout 3, Bethesda, I take no credit), than you'll probably hate this game. Back to seriousness, long range, EPIC, short range, not so much, really bad actually, but if you're actually good at the game, there wont be too much close combat. For me, you've seen my rating, but I feel for the guys out there rating this game a 3, though I am disappointed. Btw, the only reason I don't rate this game a 10 is because of one particular level (3rd or 4th, you'll know, it's pretty bad). Expand
  87. Jun 3, 2012
    Yes - sniping is fun.... Yes good bullet physics, but otherwise
    Repetitive, and dull gameplay.
    stupid and unrealistic ai.
    Started the game and never finished it.
    Dont waste money
  88. Jun 3, 2012
    There is no, sniper games in recent years is really low, so Sniper Elite V2 has a chance to succeed. An interesting idea for a sniper rifle in World War 2, nicely done "kill shots" coop. It is clear however that the game is not ideal, you can see blurry textures, graphics problems, bugs, and generally FOR IN boring and ideas, it turns out that everybody else is a classic game. But ifThere is no, sniper games in recent years is really low, so Sniper Elite V2 has a chance to succeed. An interesting idea for a sniper rifle in World War 2, nicely done "kill shots" coop. It is clear however that the game is not ideal, you can see blurry textures, graphics problems, bugs, and generally FOR IN boring and ideas, it turns out that everybody else is a classic game. But if someone really loves the game sniper ... maybe a little bit like him. My rating -5/10 Expand
  89. May 31, 2012
    Okay first of all, I decided to try the Sniper Elite V2 because the first one had some nice ballistics and such. There where many flaws and I hoped that they could have fixed some of those. But no, they haven't really done a thing to fix things. AI is one of the worst I have ever seen... For exemple I throw a grenade and the very moment it doesn't touch characters had ALL the enemy's evenOkay first of all, I decided to try the Sniper Elite V2 because the first one had some nice ballistics and such. There where many flaws and I hoped that they could have fixed some of those. But no, they haven't really done a thing to fix things. AI is one of the worst I have ever seen... For exemple I throw a grenade and the very moment it doesn't touch characters had ALL the enemy's even behind walls start to run and yell.. I have seen some enemies through some doors and they couldn't come through. I decided to play the game through once just not yet there. Whole game is a complete ripoff. Expand
  90. May 26, 2012
    i am seriously amazed by the immaturity of the professional reviews.i mean sure this is not a masterpiece but you give game like cod a perfect 9 or even 10 why?i wouldnt have picked this title after seeing bad reviews about this game but one of my friends bought it and i played this game over his home.believe me this game is very good and you will love it if you like sniping.
  91. May 26, 2012
    It's been almost 7 years since a true stealth game appeared.Now,this genre is back in the game with this brilliant Sniper Elite V2. It has almost everything you can wish from a stealth. The graphic is good, bullet ballistics are incredibly real and the AI is acceptable. Somehow,even this game has problems. There are path finding problems,the AI is not so clever when it does not to be andIt's been almost 7 years since a true stealth game appeared.Now,this genre is back in the game with this brilliant Sniper Elite V2. It has almost everything you can wish from a stealth. The graphic is good, bullet ballistics are incredibly real and the AI is acceptable. Somehow,even this game has problems. There are path finding problems,the AI is not so clever when it does not to be and there are graphic glitches and bugs. Other than this I cannot blame this game. It deserves our money,though is very short. Expand
  92. May 23, 2012
    Enjoying FPS games as much as I do, I felt compelled enough to put together a fair, to the point review for this title. I like the graphics, displayed at 1920 X 1080. The sound is great, and the storyline is pretty good also. Now the obvious downside to this title that makes it, oh so not worth the expensive horse leg roll of cash many companies are now asking to help retire themselvesEnjoying FPS games as much as I do, I felt compelled enough to put together a fair, to the point review for this title. I like the graphics, displayed at 1920 X 1080. The sound is great, and the storyline is pretty good also. Now the obvious downside to this title that makes it, oh so not worth the expensive horse leg roll of cash many companies are now asking to help retire themselves early. The controls are friggin' "atrocious". Now come on guy's! You as developers know when you push a keyboard button to snap off an opponents "head", and virtually nothing happens? WTF? Of all titles to NOT have complete, precise, control of an extraordinary toggle such as a "trigger" on your "sniper rifle"? This becomes a major FAIL ! Ouch....It's like pissing in a fan, it's just that frustrating. As you're getting your butt shot off in the interim. So, if you're smart? Like I'm SO very sure many of you ARE, because you're reading reviews before you shell out hard earned money to these companies for entertainment. WAIT until this goes on sale for about $9.99 from steam or other distributors. And for All of our sake, DO NOT spend more than that! You will be so very much happier if you heed my, and other honest reviewers warnings. Until then, look for other titles that won't anger you in the process! I pray I've saved other people some money in the process. Expand
  93. May 22, 2012
    This is an arcade kind of a sniper. Its not like the sniper missions in Modern warfare where you use half an hour to sneak around and stealth kill. This game is kind of a wave of enemies comming at your position and you have to take em out before they get to you:P Even though its not all that cloak and dagger i would like it to be its a fairly decent game. Gotta love the cutscenes when youThis is an arcade kind of a sniper. Its not like the sniper missions in Modern warfare where you use half an hour to sneak around and stealth kill. This game is kind of a wave of enemies comming at your position and you have to take em out before they get to you:P Even though its not all that cloak and dagger i would like it to be its a fairly decent game. Gotta love the cutscenes when you get a nice headshot! Expand
  94. May 19, 2012
    I tried to like it because i'm a huge fan of WW2 games but it gets boring very fast! The Kill cam is cool but the rest is just bold with clunky controls and bad AI! If you want a good WW2 game then play Red Orchestra 2!
  95. May 17, 2012
    the game is for sure worth the time you put into it, and a little more. Haven't you always dreamed of seeing bullet animations like that? i don't get the bad reviews, it's not even full priced
  96. May 16, 2012
    You would think in sniper V2 the slowmo bullet penetration thing would get old.It doesn't.EVER.I took time off from Diablo 3 to get my fix of the skull drilling.I played the old one and if it was anything like this one it would have been game of the year....back then.Only downside is it still felt too short and the lack of different weapons.Otherwise well done guys.I got trigger finger wood. x-)
  97. May 15, 2012
    This game not bad, but its too short for me.... Multiplayer are awesome, i love this game for it. Bullet Time camera is great! So if you want multiplayer good battles - buy it!
  98. May 14, 2012
    the campaign is fun quite short on normal diff but on sniper elite it adds a few hours . graphics are ok not anything great. the x-ray killcam and bullet ballistics mechanics are a nice gimmick not anything special. AI is horrendous.the story is bad you dont really get into it. the multiplayer and co op are terrible. no one plays the co op you need a friend to play with. and when you dothe campaign is fun quite short on normal diff but on sniper elite it adds a few hours . graphics are ok not anything great. the x-ray killcam and bullet ballistics mechanics are a nice gimmick not anything special. AI is horrendous.the story is bad you dont really get into it. the multiplayer and co op are terrible. no one plays the co op you need a friend to play with. and when you do by some miracle get a random to play with , the game is very laggy and choppy. same for the multiplayer very laggy and choppy. the controls are kind of not reliable ,and the cover system also not too reliable. it's a pity that the online is so bad , it really could be a lot better. TOO BAD YOU CANT RENT IT ON PC Overall a mediocre game Expand
  99. May 14, 2012
    Visually a great game, but besides the initial fun of setting up the shot and seeing the bullet cam the fun kind of drops off. It gets repetitive and in some cases makes the game hard to play as a sniper. You get in to close quarter fights that you can only really survive by pulling out the pistol or machine gun to complete. And it amazes me that every single enemy in the area instantlyVisually a great game, but besides the initial fun of setting up the shot and seeing the bullet cam the fun kind of drops off. It gets repetitive and in some cases makes the game hard to play as a sniper. You get in to close quarter fights that you can only really survive by pulling out the pistol or machine gun to complete. And it amazes me that every single enemy in the area instantly knows exactly where you are once you fire a shot. In an urban setting with buildings, streets and walls, the sounds of gunfire would echo and be pretty difficult to pinpoint. A good distraction for a few hours maybe, but I'm not planning on finishing it. Buy it when it's discounted. Expand
  100. May 13, 2012
    Has its fun moments, but there are flaws too, for example i had a broken checkpoint near the end level which spawned me with a bunch a of nazi soldiers a yard away, as soon as i moved i was dead, so the mission had to be restarted! That said there is a lot of fun to be had when you snipe the enemy and follow the bullet demolish their organs in xray mode! All in all a 6.
  101. May 8, 2012
    Straight up: this is not a tactical game about sniping, and definitely not realistic. If you want a very arcade-like shooter then maybe go for it based on its one big draw: slow-mo bullet cam. I have played the game for hours just for this feature, but once it wears off you are left with flawed and rough game mechanics and plot. Plot is bad, but not critically so, I've seen worse. TheStraight up: this is not a tactical game about sniping, and definitely not realistic. If you want a very arcade-like shooter then maybe go for it based on its one big draw: slow-mo bullet cam. I have played the game for hours just for this feature, but once it wears off you are left with flawed and rough game mechanics and plot. Plot is bad, but not critically so, I've seen worse. The gameplay features firefights mainly at under 200m with very unrealistic features (such as shooting through corners due to bullet tracing form the crosshair rather than the gun, and using 3rd person to peek and scout the area). The actual situations it places you in as a sniper are also poorly chosen, as most snipers excel in situations of patience, strategy and long-range targets. Forget all of that; it is very linear and confined, and you have will be just as good firing quick snapshots between sprints as you would if you crawled to a good spot, steadied your heartbeat, controlled your breathing and took a good shot. Additionally you just shrug off bullets call of duty style. Collapse

1. Jan 8, 2013
    Sniper Elite V2 is a good and solid action sniper game. The story about the V2 scientists is nice, well narrated and motivates to keep playing. The graphics are not good, but ok and if you can manage that, you can give it a try.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Many better shooters out there, where you can assume a sniper's role as well. What does V2 have to counter-offer? Had it followed another path, with more emphasis on stealth and the preparation of the shot, it could have made a difference, as a game of another subgenre. [July 2012]
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    Behind the flashy graphics and the brutal depiction of gore, the game is surprisingly mundane, eschewing what made the original work while including no new features of its own.