8.2

1. GuruG
    Jan 17, 2010
    Anyone looking for a sniping simulator, or even a game with good sniping at all, is well advised to stay away. I'll spare you the rant and give you some highlights. The bullet drop is hilariously bad. I've fired BB guns with better accuracy. The game focuses on stealth, and yet only the pistol is silenced, and the gunshot from your rifle can be heard from the entire country of Anyone looking for a sniping simulator, or even a game with good sniping at all, is well advised to stay away. I'll spare you the rant and give you some highlights. The bullet drop is hilariously bad. I've fired BB guns with better accuracy. The game focuses on stealth, and yet only the pistol is silenced, and the gunshot from your rifle can be heard from the entire country of Germany. Enemies clairvoyantly know where you are and will run directly to your position, even if you're moving silently, and even if they've never seen you. Soldiers can usually take a bullet to the chest and keep moving. They are precision-accurate with wartime machine guns (remember, guns that were built to be cheap and fire bullets, but not for much else.) Most enemies are quicker draws than the Sundance Kid and more accurate than John McClain. At one point, I got frustrated and simply rushed through a mission with a machine gun, sniping nobody. I completed all objectives easily, and spent much less time doing it. Terrible game. Avoid this one. Expand
  2. walterh
    Sep 7, 2009
    My rating is strictly regarding the online games rooms, that suck out loud, because there are some gamers that make a game out of remote game cheats etc......
  3. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a pretty bad game. The sniping is awful; Bullets dropping off at 30 meters totally ruins any attempt at realistic sniping. The environments are bland and repetitive, you'll be seeing the same buildings over and over again throughout the entire game. AI is weak and the sound effects are anything but accurate. It's a game based in WWII, yet you play as an American and go aroundThis is a pretty bad game. The sniping is awful; Bullets dropping off at 30 meters totally ruins any attempt at realistic sniping. The environments are bland and repetitive, you'll be seeing the same buildings over and over again throughout the entire game. AI is weak and the sound effects are anything but accurate. It's a game based in WWII, yet you play as an American and go around disguised as a German shooting at Russians. The story is basically non-existent along with anything else that could make the game fun. Stay away. Expand

1. Sniper Elite could well have been a terrifically good simulation of being a wartime sneaky fella had there been a greater sense of ambition displayed in the design process. As it is, you're left with a game that doesn't really offer a great deal more in terms of ammo delivery that we haven't seen done equally well in more popular, less subject-specific shooters. [PC Zone]
  2. Sniper Elite makes headshots a grizzly reward that becomes addictive and, because the battle is always weighted against you, filled with air-punching satisfaction every time you make a connection. Bravo. [Nov 2005, p.96]
  3. Elite excels at creating an atmosphere of paranoia and alienation... [Nov p.93]