5.6

1. Apr 18, 2013
    I like being a sniper and this has bullet drop and wind to take into account. Except, it doesn't it works it out for you and puts a little dot on the screen. The first mission opened well and I was enjoying it, it looked ok the plot was bull but you get used to that.

Then I got to the oilrig mission, no sniping, just a badly implemented run and gun, and is it me or are the AI either brilliant or idiots? Amazing shots at huge ranges but dumb as a post when you shoot the bloke next to them.

Invisible walls and getting caught on the scenery didn't help. Neither did the semi-QTE's (shoot NOW!) or how the AI can hit you 300m away with an AK and you cant shoot back because the screen's shaking.

Avoid.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    I got this game because I love sniping, camping and taking down the enemy without him knowing where I am is the only thing I love in shooters. But this is a game that would be average in the 1990's.. The AI is so simple and dumb; even if you are 3 miles away sniping, if you are not hidden in dense vegetation, they can see you and have a perfect accuracy with machine gun while you try toI got this game because I love sniping, camping and taking down the enemy without him knowing where I am is the only thing I love in shooters. But this is a game that would be average in the 1990's.. The AI is so simple and dumb; even if you are 3 miles away sniping, if you are not hidden in dense vegetation, they can see you and have a perfect accuracy with machine gun while you try to snipe them! You can't take 3 steps without getting a collision bug and that is not exaggerating.. You will either walk through big rocks or will get stuck on a perfectly flat floor, plus you can't "climb" stairs crouched.. You can spot enemies on your radar but even after 6 hours of gameplay, you wont know how it works cause it sometimes automatically reveal them a mile away and sometime having the NPC 2 meters in front of you in plain sight wont still show him.. You will have more fun playing CoD or Crysis and adapting your play style then playing this. Avoid the frustration, bugs and the game! Expand
  3. May 26, 2013
    Disappointing. This graphics and sounds in Sniper Ghost Warrior are quite nice and the actual sniping is fun as well. Unfortunately, that's all there is. There is no sneaking around trying to find the perfect shot, the game holds you hand and guides you through a safe path on every "sneaking" level and puts you in position to succeed every time. There is no player choice. Also, only aboutDisappointing. This graphics and sounds in Sniper Ghost Warrior are quite nice and the actual sniping is fun as well. Unfortunately, that's all there is. There is no sneaking around trying to find the perfect shot, the game holds you hand and guides you through a safe path on every "sneaking" level and puts you in position to succeed every time. There is no player choice. Also, only about 60% of the game is sniping. The remainder is CoD-esque firefights where you're forced to use an assault rifle (which are complete garbage) to get through the level. These are easily the worst experiences in the game. The weapons are so bad, and the effects are so horrid, that it makes playing through these levels an absolute chore. On top of all this, the game is riddled with bugs and glitches. Sound become de-synced, graphics, glitch, AI derps, it's all there. Sniper Ghost Warrior is an average game that becomes below average due to the massive amount of bugs present therein. Expand
  4. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is generally terrible.

This game is generally terrible.

The controls manage to be stiff, even at 60 fps with mouse and keyboard controls. Animations are wooden, and the AI is remarkably bad. I really have no idea how the AI can be just this terrible. Sometimes enemy guards will see you randomly and raise the alarm, even if you're half a mile away buried under bushes and dense grass. Other times, you can dash across a road right in front of them without alerting them. Broken AI is unforgivable in a game about stealth and sniping.

Enemies themselves are pathetic in fights, and it should be simple for any gamer to simply kill everyone. It's easier than trying to sneak through, considering how bad the stealth mechanics are.

The final nail in the coffin is that Ghost Warrior is heavily scripted. Your character will do things without your control in mini cutscenes, and usually it ends up landing you in trouble or setting you up for an especially broken mission where every enemy is automatically aware of your presence.

I can't give this game more than 3.
  5. Apr 29, 2013
    The main issue with the game is that it's a bad shooter and that this portion is too big in the game.
    On top of that it's hard to make out enemies when your mission involves killing 20 of them which are really angry and they hit you from 200 yards away with assault rifles, no problem.

The run and gun missions are the worst, you can't make out enemies because your gun blocks half the screen and it keeps spraying everywhere.
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    This game has/had potential. Unrealized potential unfortunately. The FOV used in the game is a bit off giving you a feeling of nausea after a little time playing. The game mechanics were okay, but the AI was terrible. The story line was cliche and rather linear.
  7. Jun 11, 2011
    possibly the worst game in the world....

crysis set the benchmark for 3d mark vantage, this game set the benchmark for the most buggy, broken, unrealistic, and just plain boring game of all time

do not buy this, in fact dont even pirate it

it gets a 1 for trying
  8. Jan 15, 2012
    Garbage! Graphics look nice, concept seems great, execution is horribly lacking. Gameplay is clunky, AI is absolutely horrible, multiplayer is tedious IF you can find a server with people playing. Not even worth it on a Steam sale.
  9. Aug 21, 2012
    I had low expectations when i started this game but after 10 min i was hooked. Sneaking around in a beautiful jungle taking down enemies one by one as silent as possible seemed great. The game was gorgeous to look at and the sniping was incredibly satisfying. There were some bug and invisible walls here and there but the overall experience was great. One hour later and all of that hadI had low expectations when i started this game but after 10 min i was hooked. Sneaking around in a beautiful jungle taking down enemies one by one as silent as possible seemed great. The game was gorgeous to look at and the sniping was incredibly satisfying. There were some bug and invisible walls here and there but the overall experience was great. One hour later and all of that had changed. The AI in this game is truly horrible. At times the AI will be incredibly dumb and will barely notice you while you are walking beside them. Making the game beyond easy on the hardest difficult setting. And at other times the AI goes into full god mode being able to see you and shoot you in bushes several hundred meters away. This gets especially annoying on the missions where you play as a normal soldier since they are more linear, and lets not even talk about the friendly AI. I would go as far as to say that the game is broken on the harder difficulty simply because of the AI. If you are not looking for a challenge and simply want to cruise around the islands shooting bad guys then you can still probably have a good time with the game, otherwise i would recommend that you stay away from this game. Expand
  10. Jan 11, 2013
    This game has a lot of potential in certain areas. However a very poor story and a few poor mechanics really hold the game. It could be worth a shot, one moment it is quite enjoyable and the next an invisible wall is stopping you from hitting someone.
  11. Nov 6, 2010
    The game is too unrealistic. Grenades shouldn't exist, pistols should be much weaker. Maps should be much bigger, with a lot more places to hide and better concealment, generally they should have just spent more than 1 day on their maps. Then the compass simply shouldn't exist.
  12. Aug 26, 2010
    It doesn't seem possible for a bullet to drop 5 inches at 50meters for a high powered rifle. Too many bugs. Save your money. This game is not good.
  13. Dec 14, 2012
    - Nice graphics
    - Stupid AI enemy
    - Too many invisible walls
    - Unrealistic. Sniping on a enemy leg or arm = killing

Don't buy it or buy it for 3 dollars max
  14. Nov 15, 2012
    didn't like the game at all . i am sorry for the 5$ i payed for it.
    game is very slow and bad and not interesting at all.
    i am a big fan of sniping but the game disappointed me.
  15. Jul 13, 2013
    Another great city interactive experience.

It's ugly,it's broken,it's a hallway,it feels like a cheap cod ripoff.

That's it for you.

Don't even consider playing it.
  16. Aug 19, 2010
    This game presents a somewhat overused idea and puts you in the shoes of a sniper (hence the title). The graphics are quite nice and the gameplay isn't very good. basically, you just try to snipe people but you have to watch for variables like how many people are around your potential victim. Many other games have sniping segments (such as Modern Warfare) but they are much better than this game.
  17. Dec 30, 2011
    hi. i bought this game because i prefer sniping. When i first got it, i loved it. Tryed it a second time, didn't love it. When i played it a third time, i watched for all the things that made it wrong and right. First, the right. I thought it was good how I had to use cover, stealth, and precision firing to reach my objective. I also had to think about my next move. The missions were good,hi. i bought this game because i prefer sniping. When i first got it, i loved it. Tryed it a second time, didn't love it. When i played it a third time, i watched for all the things that made it wrong and right. First, the right. I thought it was good how I had to use cover, stealth, and precision firing to reach my objective. I also had to think about my next move. The missions were good, exciting, and different(at first). The wrongs. First, the most important, the A.I. I don't remember what mission it was but, I was sniping a convoy from a lighthouse. The enemies were 1000 yards from me, firing full auto at me, and i was getting hit left and right. Then i took cover, and one of my little toes was not in cover, and they were still hitting me, ON EASY!!!! Next, the A.I has eyes of a hawk. If you make the slightest motion, BAM!!, everyone and their uncle is shooting you. If you want a below average game, buy it. If you want a good game, don't. The only complaint is that the A.I is terrible, the missions are boring after 1 time. Expand
  18. Jul 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you have ever played a Tom Clancy game, whether it is Raven Shield or Las Vegas, perhaps you really liked that one mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare where you use a high powered sniper rifle. Perhaps you loved the free roaming and sniping from the original Crysis, Far Cry (either of them) and felt that maybe there should be an entire game dedicated to sniping; then you should stick with those games. Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the first game to incense me to such a point where I felt I needed to review it simply to let people know what a truly awful game this is. Unlike the aforementioned Rainbow Six games the sniping never really feels, tough. You are seldom worried that a single bullet will end your existence. On the other hand the lush overgrowth and jungle setting may tempt you to think that maybe you've found Sniper's Farcry or maybe Crysis. However the pervasive invisible walls and glitchy AI will swiftly end that dream. Certainly the original Farcry had it's own faults, but the levels were so expansive that you could forgive the goons that seemed to spot your brightly coloured hawaiian shirts from several kilometres off because at least the game didn't fence you in so tightly. Of course in this game there are no super suits, you won't have the advantage of a cloaking device, but you have the next best thing if COD: MW has taught us anything; a ghillie suit.

However this ghillie suit must have been made by acme, because it seems about as effective as the hawaiian shirt you wore in farcry for avoiding detection. In some levels it does work, but in others even looking in the direction of a goon will end the mission immediately as someone sounds an alarm.

Now don't get me wrong, I gave this game a 1, not because of the graphics - Crysis did graphics better. But because of the delightful sniping mechanic, this game on easier settings gives you a dot which changes position and often doesn't match up with where your cross-hairs point and indicates where your bullet will end up. Should you score a headshot then you get a slow-mo recap of the shot (assuming you left that option on) and the path your bullet took, you can use this to scout out enemies hidden behind objects or near your victim - and this is enjoyable. The problem is that your enemies act unpredictably. Sometimes they'll notice their colleague drop and then by immediate psychic connection open fire on your position - sometimes from miles away. Given your weapon is almost always silenced one has to wonder how the hell they could tell where the bullet was fired from. On other occasions they won't even notice, or they will get stuck in walls or tents searching for you. Another problem is material penetration, given your weapon of choice why do flimsy walls often stop your bullet even at close range? This game is terrible. It isn't worth buying even during a steam special, the company that made this game do not deserve your money no matter how little it is. The story isn't worth your time of day, the stealth mechanic certainly isn't, and the hours of frustration at the invisible walls and linear paths, dodgy AI and only slightly enjoyable sniping mechanic are not worth it. Buy a better game, get Farcry, replay COD: MW, check out any of the Rainbow Six games because they are all better shooters, have better storylines and less flawed gameplay than this piece of rubbish.
  19. Jan 5, 2013
    This game is a sub-standard FPS but worse. Some of the worst A.I i've ever seen, horrible levels, glitches, a non-existent story with a laughably bad ending, there's not a single thing that this game does well. Sadly, everyone bought in on the sniper gimmick and now a sequel is on the way.
  20. Aug 19, 2010
    Ghost Warrior VS Crysis
    FPS: 19 vs 30
    Bug: 90% vs 10%
    Difficulty: By bugs vs By enemies
    Lasting Appeal: 5%(Hard) vs 60%(Hard)

VS GTA4
    FPS: 19 vs 10
    Bug: 90% vs 35%
    Difficulty: By bugs vs By enemies
    Lasting Appeal: 5%(Hard) vs 95%
  21. Jan 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Loving the sniper missions in comparable games, i read the average reviews but still decided to buy this game in sale. (through Steam). I have mixed feelings about this game. In the playability it seems that it hasn't been tested properly before releasing it. Lots of little things that sometimes are a bit frustrating. For example getting shot in the blink of an eye by normal weapons when you are sniping from a great distance. Also, the sudden end of the game of the campaign, after about ten hours of playing, makes you think that the designers were suddenly out of budget (or inspiration). Compare it with a B-film, you will want to watch it if you like the genre, but otherwise you might as well skip this one. Please let me know if you find this helpful. Expand
  22. Aug 12, 2012
    The graphics were amazing! The maps are huge... Everything else is just FLAWED. Somehow on maps bigger than the planet earth the game is still extremely linear. There is no such thing as stealth, you can be 800 meters away from a target and feeling stupid about taking that precaution.... until everyone in that general direction starts abruptly **** bullets at you for no reason what soThe graphics were amazing! The maps are huge... Everything else is just FLAWED. Somehow on maps bigger than the planet earth the game is still extremely linear. There is no such thing as stealth, you can be 800 meters away from a target and feeling stupid about taking that precaution.... until everyone in that general direction starts abruptly **** bullets at you for no reason what so ever. You lay in the grass and you will never see anything again, partly because the grass is too damn high and you have NOTHING to help you see better, and partly because concealing yourself is the same damn thing as screaming at the top of your lungs. You can try to go to the edge of the grass if you haven't already been seen by everyone on the planet earth while trying to keep concealed but **** it if you're not dead already you're going to be, cause the only way to see out of the grass is to BE out of the grass. Now lets climb **** on the way to our objective which, by the way is not even disclosed. **** IT, LET'S JUST SHOOT **** I had high ****ing hopes :(

butt-hurt ensues.
  23. Feb 4, 2014
    PC FOV is unbearable, and there is no fix, not even by editing files. Developers on Steam not only refuse to acknowledge that it needs to be fixed, but also make jokes (some sexual) about the people asking for a FOV fix.
  24. Aug 17, 2014
    Menu, picture upside down. Okay, well that doesn't affect gameplay. Get into tutorial, doesn't lock cursor to game window so I click out, lose focus of the game and can't get back in. Okay, close down SGW and start up my program that locks the cursor. Start it back up, get through the tutorial. okay fun. Guy commanding you what to do at every moment. Well that's annoying. Do what he says,Menu, picture upside down. Okay, well that doesn't affect gameplay. Get into tutorial, doesn't lock cursor to game window so I click out, lose focus of the game and can't get back in. Okay, close down SGW and start up my program that locks the cursor. Start it back up, get through the tutorial. okay fun. Guy commanding you what to do at every moment. Well that's annoying. Do what he says, go for a double headshot, guy suddenly knows I'm there for some reason, go to finish him off and CRASH. 0/10 too buggy and a horrible PC port. Expand
  25. Aug 25, 2014
    I'm not going to lie about anything; I really wanted to play this because I find sniper games to be fun and rewarding. After playing this for a while I must say that besides the first map in single player campaign the game is rubbish and feels like it's in early alpha stage. The problem is that there are few levels after another that you do not even get to use sniper in sniper game, youI'm not going to lie about anything; I really wanted to play this because I find sniper games to be fun and rewarding. After playing this for a while I must say that besides the first map in single player campaign the game is rubbish and feels like it's in early alpha stage. The problem is that there are few levels after another that you do not even get to use sniper in sniper game, you are forced to use USAS or AK47 and they do not do any damage not even if you manage to get a perfect headshot. I recommend using the pistol instead because it is one hit one kill weapon. There are lots of bugs and enemies tend to shoot at you behind walls even if there is no way they should see you but if you crouch in bushes they can just walk over you and not notice you at all. The mechanics behind this game are broken. This title should have been cancelled or given even some polishing because single player is partly unplayable. Shame really... the idea of the game was good. Expand
  26. Aug 18, 2014
    A really miserable waste of time. If you do need to play sniper games, go for Sniper elite v3. The graphics are pathetic, AI is too good or too crappy, stealth mechanics are horrible and too many bugs.

1. Jul 12, 2011
    It's one of the good sniper games out there, providing hours of fun. The low price suggests a good bargain, which it is, but just don't expect a premium title.
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    It looks good and it feels good at points but I'm afraid its shortcomings are going to make it a forgotten title.
  3. Budget purchase at best. [Sept 2010, p.58]