5.6

1. Nov 10, 2012
    Im re-writing this review after 2 years when the game was garbage because of AI. I dont know what the devs did but they certainly fixed this poblem(atleast if you put the game on steam to get patched), no longer will you be shot in heavy bush, or everyone and their mother knows where u are after a long range shot, its been fixed...man, this games good now, wish it was when i played it 2Im re-writing this review after 2 years when the game was garbage because of AI. I dont know what the devs did but they certainly fixed this poblem(atleast if you put the game on steam to get patched), no longer will you be shot in heavy bush, or everyone and their mother knows where u are after a long range shot, its been fixed...man, this games good now, wish it was when i played it 2 years ago, but im replaying it now and its great, thank you devs or whoever patched this to make it reasonable. I rated this game a 5 or 4 before, now its a easy 9, good graphics, no crazy AI problems where they could see u anywhere and everywhere from 800 miles away and shoot with acuracy like they were infront of you, no its fixed it seems, thanks devs.....thats all. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2010
    This game is awesome! The single player is alot of fun but kind of short i think you could beat it in about 4-5 hours. The online part of the game is intense and you have to be a good sniper to survive and know were to be. I don't know why people are having problems with this game, because they are improving it all the time and adding to it to make it better. The bugs in the game aren'tThis game is awesome! The single player is alot of fun but kind of short i think you could beat it in about 4-5 hours. The online part of the game is intense and you have to be a good sniper to survive and know were to be. I don't know why people are having problems with this game, because they are improving it all the time and adding to it to make it better. The bugs in the game aren't annoying and they will get fixed. This game is becoming one of my favorite to play. I love it!! If you have played sniper elite before then you should be right at home with this game, it follows the bullet to the target like in sniper elite but 10 times better. If you feel like your a sniper in real life and love to do it in games then you cant go wrong in getting this game. Get it if you love sniping!! Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2010
    I bought the game on steam about 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it. The singleplayer campaign was a little short- about 4 hours long. The AI sort of juggled between being really tough (being able to spot you from across the map) to normal, to downright dumb ( not shooting at me even when Im standing in front of them). The campaign was interesting, although there isnt really a back storyI bought the game on steam about 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it. The singleplayer campaign was a little short- about 4 hours long. The AI sort of juggled between being really tough (being able to spot you from across the map) to normal, to downright dumb ( not shooting at me even when Im standing in front of them). The campaign was interesting, although there isnt really a back story to it all. You're just simply there, doing the job. I give the campaign an 8.
    The multiplayer was what made the game for me. It was just damn fun to play with my friends. The sniping feels natural and realistic enough to keep me playing. Although the pistols might be a little overpowered, they are a nice addition to the sniper-based classes. You cant edit the classes though, and that is what disapointed me. I'm giving the multiplayer an 8.5.
    Overall, the game is fun, and although having bugs and other annoyances, this game should definitely be picked up by anyone who loves sniping in FPS games. Even those who dont. Im gonna give it a score of 8.5 overall.
  4. Apr 1, 2011
    There are some AI issues, but overall, i really enjoyed this game more than CoD series. Scenery and graphics are astonishing, game-play is really good. Who likes stealth game-play this is the game. I rate games, if i lke them or do nt like them, so i give 9/10.
  5. May 6, 2011
    This game is an exceptional game, it is severely underrated because of the AI issues.

Cons: The AI issues include the AI to see you from distance, people don't realize that there are bushes to hide in. Pistol issues include the pistol been very over powered, especially in the multiplayer. Multiplayer issues include: the radar shows where all your enemies are, but only in which direction

Cons:

Multiplayer issues include: the radar shows where all your enemies are, but only in which direction they are.
    Updates, i got this after it had all its updates, and its over a gigabyte.

Pros:

Extremely realistic.
    good graphics.
    put you in the shoes of a sniper.
    Fun campaign, though a bit short.
  6. May 26, 2011
    I read the reviews and as suggested, only bought the game when it was a Steam daily special for 5 USD. I played the game on normal difficulty and have to say that most of the reviews are misleading. This game is highly underrated. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It took me 9 hours to complete the single player game. The graphics are fantastic, but you will need a decent machine to play it on theI read the reviews and as suggested, only bought the game when it was a Steam daily special for 5 USD. I played the game on normal difficulty and have to say that most of the reviews are misleading. This game is highly underrated. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It took me 9 hours to complete the single player game. The graphics are fantastic, but you will need a decent machine to play it on the higher settings. I did not experience any problems with AI over reacting. If you take your time, move slowly and stay hidden, you won't have any issues. If anything I must agree that the AI sometimes under reacts e.g. not getting a reaction from a guy when you have just taken down the guy standing next to him. There are many factors you have to consider when playing this game. Are you using a suppressor or will the AI hear your gun? Is the AI facing you when you make a dash across the path or road? Do you change position when your cover is blown? The quick save feature is very useful. I was caught a few times and after trying a different approach, managed to get through.

I enjoyed the few missions where I had to use an assault rifle. It added a nice change to the game. The pistol and knife were useful in close quarters situations. I hardly used the grenades. I also enjoyed the mix of sniper rifles you get to play with. I loved the fact that you can shoot through small gaps in walls and fences as well as through vegetation.

I have started the game again on hard difficulty, which has no assists and presents a whole new challenge. I can't wait!

I would give the game a 10, but there were definitely a few issues with it. The game as a whole far outweighs the glitches and I highly recommend it to FPS gamers who enjoy the satisfaction of a successful sniper shot. It is definitely one of my favourites.
  7. Aug 25, 2011
    AI has reality issues. Graphics are nice. Very long setup work is nice (take your time to set up a shot.) The game, one of very few sniping games, is probably the greatest out there for just sniping. When I played it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. With that said...

This game is run via STEAM. Steam just updated something and now, I cannot even load the game nor issue a trouble complaint to them. Read this carefully, Steam: I will NEVER ever ever buy another game if it is associated with Steam. As much as I like Sniper Ghost Warrior, I am uninstalling it along with Steam and will do my best to pass my opinion on to others. If I buy a stand alone game retail, I don't want anyone screwing around with it. Steam has done this.
  8. Oct 9, 2011
    i dont see were theses critics get off on putting a negitive review on Sniper Ghost Warrior it a great game i love it its got great graphics to it i love the work they put into it they need to play the game before they give negitive reviews but i hope one day before i get to old i can be a game designer because i got an idea for an awsome game that every one would love.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    silenthunter
    well I love the game it a good sniper game,
    I have had no bugs at all, runs well, I just wish the bodies would stay around lol.
    cant wait for number 2
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    Awesome game! Really nice screen shots specially when you take a head shot the enemy taking the bullet it's quite realistic and fun! it is just like the trailer! Perfect graphics, but you need a good config to enjoy all of it. Several game modes, including multiplayer, story play, solo campaign, etc. if you want so play as a real sniper i think this is THE game. Muito bom recomendo aAwesome game! Really nice screen shots specially when you take a head shot the enemy taking the bullet it's quite realistic and fun! it is just like the trailer! Perfect graphics, but you need a good config to enjoy all of it. Several game modes, including multiplayer, story play, solo campaign, etc. if you want so play as a real sniper i think this is THE game. Muito bom recomendo a todos! very good recommended to all! Expand
  11. May 5, 2012
    It´s a very interested and good game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Dec 27, 2012
    I find this game very entertaining.
    i Love the realisim in it.
    I do find the parts when you have to be stealthy or use a machinegun/pistol a bit challenging (probably because its made for a sniper), but the sniping makes up for it.
    i dont think this deserves 55/100, probably like an 70-80 (i did 9 to try and bring it closer to what it deserves)
  13. Jan 6, 2011
    I truly don't understand why people give this game such a hard time, It is really fun and totally worth the money and just to prove it I happen to own it both on my computer and my Xbox 360 It is really fun online and on the Single player, if you like to see really good graphics and just happen to love splinter cell and call of duty this is the game for you and I promise you wont regret it!!!!
  14. May 17, 2011
    ever thought about strapping on some camo paint and snipering some creeps...then this is the game for you,its a very realistic take on being a sniper,you get to explore a jungle environment that is very large and runs very smoothly,very good game
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    This game was amazing back in its time, I don't know what your all complaining about buggy and laggy because me and my friends and everyone who used to play the game with me had no issues, the only reason it would be buggy is because you don't know what real gaming systems are and you'de probably be using a dual core processor with a Nvidia gt graphics card made in 2007. I used to play LanThis game was amazing back in its time, I don't know what your all complaining about buggy and laggy because me and my friends and everyone who used to play the game with me had no issues, the only reason it would be buggy is because you don't know what real gaming systems are and you'de probably be using a dual core processor with a Nvidia gt graphics card made in 2007. I used to play Lan lobbies with my friends and it was so much fun, I cant wait to buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 I'm sure it will be just as good as the original. Expand
  16. May 16, 2013
    I don't know how to express how much I like this game. The graphics are gorgeous, Even if its buggy, the mechanics are the best, it's a real first person sniping game. For real men.

1. Jul 12, 2011
    It's one of the good sniper games out there, providing hours of fun. The low price suggests a good bargain, which it is, but just don't expect a premium title.
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    It looks good and it feels good at points but I'm afraid its shortcomings are going to make it a forgotten title.
  3. Budget purchase at best. [Sept 2010, p.58]