Sol Survivor PC

• Publisher: Cadenza
  • Release Date: Mar 15, 2010
8.2

1. Oct 4, 2013
    This is a tower defense game where all the fun has somehow been removed or otherwise dissapeared in mysterious ways. The strategy that can be found in such games from time to time is also not present, in it's place a system of unlocks and abilities is supposed to keep the player entertained. I will not go in details, but suffice to say this game does not even come close to my expectationsThis is a tower defense game where all the fun has somehow been removed or otherwise dissapeared in mysterious ways. The strategy that can be found in such games from time to time is also not present, in it's place a system of unlocks and abilities is supposed to keep the player entertained. I will not go in details, but suffice to say this game does not even come close to my expectations of a phone game. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2010
    A game for the turret defence game lovers, if you dont like TD games you won't like this, can't say much for teh single player, multiplayer is a bit empty sometimes, but a truly addictive 'wars' mode and survival mode make this a must have if you are a TD fan who wants to have some online fun. Graphics are alright, a bit of innovation and it would have been 10
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    I've played this game 13 hours so far per steam - and like it pretty well and I think I've played enough to know I will keep playing for quite a bit longer. I'm a big Defense Grid fan, and while I like DG better so far, Sol Survivor is an original different take on the genre that is more "activist" and involved than DG. I really like the different commanders approach w/ each commanderI've played this game 13 hours so far per steam - and like it pretty well and I think I've played enough to know I will keep playing for quite a bit longer. I'm a big Defense Grid fan, and while I like DG better so far, Sol Survivor is an original different take on the genre that is more "activist" and involved than DG. I really like the different commanders approach w/ each commander using different towers and requiring different strategies on various maps - interesting how each commander has his own learning curve adding a layer of depth to gameplay and replay. One of the difficult thing for me at first was that It takes a while to learn the wide variety of aliens that come at you. Pacing is also a bit fast at first - sometimes having me just throw up towers without consideration of alien coming because I couldn't tell what was coming - but now I've found I can glance quickly and know what's coming and get back to work. Don't get frustrated at first if it's hard to distinguish the aliens and what weapons work against what aliens. It just takes a little bit of play to learn. It also took me a while to learn to use the orbital support functions - but I'm starting to come around to using it. I'm seeing that orbital support is a central component of the game - at least for certain commanders - so when you approach this game don't treat orbital support as "add-ons" to standard tower defense. Learn what they are and how to use them.

Overall - very good game. In summary, I played, I liked, and want to keep playing.
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    Sol Survivor is boring tower defense game that loses a lot of what makes flash tower defense games fun.

The maps are bland and generally not well laid out. Towers can't be upgraded until you've beaten the campaign. There's no way to speed the game up or call the next wave even if you've killed everything. The sound is tending to awful and why I gave this a 4 and not a 5. It feels

The sound is tending to awful and why I gave this a 4 and not a 5. It feels disconnected as it utterly generic. The graphics are simple and brown and would be better had they not been 3D. Placing turrets accurately when zoomed out is a pain but as there is no minimap you can't tell where the enemies are when zoomed in.

Yuck.
  5. Oct 4, 2013
    Pulls you in at first but falls flat due to lack of depth. Towers are lacking balance, maps are basic and allow for limited strategy. Its pretty to look at and entertaining for a short while but not worth it if you cant get it for cheap.
  6. Dec 26, 2010
    When i first heard of Sol Survivor I didn't know a thing about the game. I bought it on Steam when released and since than I've been addicted. When i play this game is like I meditate. The music and the slow gameplay contribute to a calm feeling in a way no other game has. Sol Survivor is simply the best TD game ever made.
  7. Aug 4, 2011
    This is the first tower defense I've ever played and unlike Defense Grid: The Awakening, it is quite flexible and has much more of a variety of orbital support and turrets that can be used in the game.
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    A really nice little tower defense game! Nice difficulty curve and varied enemies, with an interesting 'executive officer' mechanic that is essentially a predefined set of turret loadouts and works very well. I only played single player, which would've been a 10/10 if the campaign had been longer. I picked it up for $2.50 on Steam. At that price if you like TD at all you should reallyA really nice little tower defense game! Nice difficulty curve and varied enemies, with an interesting 'executive officer' mechanic that is essentially a predefined set of turret loadouts and works very well. I only played single player, which would've been a 10/10 if the campaign had been longer. I picked it up for $2.50 on Steam. At that price if you like TD at all you should really check this out. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2012
    It's a pretty solid tower defence game. The nicest part about it is that every mission can be completed in a different way, and it's influenced by the character you decide to play. Each playable character has an unique combination of towers and superpowers.

I finished the game in about 12 hours of gameplay, and then I've invested some other 12 hours to hunt for achievements and stuff.
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    A very solid Tower Defense game. This game has a very nice difficulty curve to it. Each world has different players you can play as, all with different towers, which lets you beat levels differently with each character. It is a very fun game that all TD fans should play.
  11. Oct 5, 2013
    Pro
    Nice graphics

negative points
    more to much
    need fast help (damange/streng.) top-tip pop'up

i have difficult with new commanders (lake of help here)

i just dont like

1. Sol Survivor is a nice surprise from the indie world; funny, well structured, with an exceptional longevity, is a game that can steal a lot of your free time. Maybe it won't be the best graphic ever, but it works very well.
    Sadly the end result is that when its put up against the tower defense titles on the PC it really can't compete.
  3. For those that are really into the genre it is a no brainer, for anyone who has enjoyed a tower defense game before it is still a solid investment.