Sol Survivor PC

• Publisher: Cadenza
  • Release Date: Mar 15, 2010
8.2

1. Oct 4, 2013
    This is a tower defense game where all the fun has somehow been removed or otherwise dissapeared in mysterious ways. The strategy that can be found in such games from time to time is also not present, in it's place a system of unlocks and abilities is supposed to keep the player entertained. I will not go in details, but suffice to say this game does not even come close to my expectationsThis is a tower defense game where all the fun has somehow been removed or otherwise dissapeared in mysterious ways. The strategy that can be found in such games from time to time is also not present, in it's place a system of unlocks and abilities is supposed to keep the player entertained. I will not go in details, but suffice to say this game does not even come close to my expectations of a phone game. Expand
  2. Dec 10, 2012
    I've played this game 13 hours so far per steam - and like it pretty well and I think I've played enough to know I will keep playing for quite a bit longer. I'm a big Defense Grid fan, and while I like DG better so far, Sol Survivor is an original different take on the genre that is more "activist" and involved than DG. I really like the different commanders approach w/ each commanderI've played this game 13 hours so far per steam - and like it pretty well and I think I've played enough to know I will keep playing for quite a bit longer. I'm a big Defense Grid fan, and while I like DG better so far, Sol Survivor is an original different take on the genre that is more "activist" and involved than DG. I really like the different commanders approach w/ each commander using different towers and requiring different strategies on various maps - interesting how each commander has his own learning curve adding a layer of depth to gameplay and replay. One of the difficult thing for me at first was that It takes a while to learn the wide variety of aliens that come at you. Pacing is also a bit fast at first - sometimes having me just throw up towers without consideration of alien coming because I couldn't tell what was coming - but now I've found I can glance quickly and know what's coming and get back to work. Don't get frustrated at first if it's hard to distinguish the aliens and what weapons work against what aliens. It just takes a little bit of play to learn. It also took me a while to learn to use the orbital support functions - but I'm starting to come around to using it. I'm seeing that orbital support is a central component of the game - at least for certain commanders - so when you approach this game don't treat orbital support as "add-ons" to standard tower defense. Learn what they are and how to use them.

Overall - very good game. In summary, I played, I liked, and want to keep playing.
  3. Oct 4, 2013
    Pulls you in at first but falls flat due to lack of depth. Towers are lacking balance, maps are basic and allow for limited strategy. Its pretty to look at and entertaining for a short while but not worth it if you cant get it for cheap.

1. Sol Survivor is a nice surprise from the indie world; funny, well structured, with an exceptional longevity, is a game that can steal a lot of your free time. Maybe it won't be the best graphic ever, but it works very well.
    Sadly the end result is that when its put up against the tower defense titles on the PC it really can't compete.
  3. For those that are really into the genre it is a no brainer, for anyone who has enjoyed a tower defense game before it is still a solid investment.