7.3

1. JakeM.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This game is sweet. NOLF, Medal of Honor, and RCW is no where near this game. The story rocks, gore kicks, and the sound is awesome. If you like FPS and gore, this is the game to get. Trust me, your money will be well spent!
  2. JohnM.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Great game, better than the first one. Accurate wound modeling is much more detailed than the first game, though could be even better today (2007). As with the first game, John Mullins, a real-life soldier of fortune, collaborated with the designers on this aspect. It's a fairly close approximation of what real weapons do to real people (though some things do seem to be overdone). Great game, better than the first one. Accurate wound modeling is much more detailed than the first game, though could be even better today (2007). As with the first game, John Mullins, a real-life soldier of fortune, collaborated with the designers on this aspect. It's a fairly close approximation of what real weapons do to real people (though some things do seem to be overdone). That's really what makes it so appealing. On a personal note, it's somewhat cool that the in-game conversations seem to be actually directed toward me :) Aside from that, it's fun and quite challenging. I'm hoping for a third. I can see the PS2 version getting low scores. I'm sure it ran like crap and looked even worse, just like nearly every FPS for the PS2. No surprises there. Plus the whole gamepad nonsense. Expand
  3. YuchenZ.
    Feb 28, 2003
    Dam*-Screw the negative reviews-SOF II RULES.RMG new technology okay?DOES NOLF OR MOHAA HAVE IT AND KICK A** MP?
  4. BenH.
    Oct 9, 2004
    SP.. is very hard.. try play it on soldier of fortune dificulty.. ouch. Id give single player about 8. Multiplayer... this game deserves 10. Many many gamers have now crossed over from CS to soldier of fortune becoz they realize cs is really really bad compared to this game. My advice: try this game multiplayer for 1 day and your hooked.. you will almost never play another game ever SP.. is very hard.. try play it on soldier of fortune dificulty.. ouch. Id give single player about 8. Multiplayer... this game deserves 10. Many many gamers have now crossed over from CS to soldier of fortune becoz they realize cs is really really bad compared to this game. My advice: try this game multiplayer for 1 day and your hooked.. you will almost never play another game ever again. In fact i almost tell you not to do this now because you will no longer have a life you will pull sickys at work... miss important dates and times just to play soldier all day long!!! Anyone who plays the MP of this game will not be disappointed.. i just feel sorry for all the sorry diehard fans who still play cs.. cmon guys its outdated and pathetic now time to move on! Expand
  5. Mark
    Aug 16, 2004
    This is a solid game. I don't care for the violence, so I'm glad that you have the option to customize it (I don't care to see what an exploding head looks like). Good graphics, sound and weapon modelling. The plot is fun.
  6. DanH.
    Feb 17, 2007
    This game's single player was a great run. Graphics are great still today, and the story was awesome. Very interesting and well written. The action has you on your toes at all times. This was a game that when I finished, I sat back and went "damn, that was good." As for the violence and gore... grow up. It's an M rated game.
  7. DaMan
    Nov 16, 2003
    I dont understand those lil peeps whining about gore :@ if u dont like it, simply turn it off. LOL @ priest with his unfair AI. only a cheap a$$ whines about an AI opponent that tries to avoid being killed. thumbs up for raven with this game.
  8. Aug 9, 2011
    The first FPS game to incorporate the "leaning" and "prone" tactic to the genre which over the years gave way to macros to perform a lean while strafing, commonly called "the electric slide" allowing the player model to be about 75% harder to hit due to being in a form not recognized by the original game code, thus spawning many mods to a game with an open source code. However, hiddenThe first FPS game to incorporate the "leaning" and "prone" tactic to the genre which over the years gave way to macros to perform a lean while strafing, commonly called "the electric slide" allowing the player model to be about 75% harder to hit due to being in a form not recognized by the original game code, thus spawning many mods to a game with an open source code. However, hidden Quake developer console commands ultimately ruined the multiplayer aspect allowing players to shut down servers and hack other players resulting in an extreme loss of interest in trying to keep servers up. These were earlier days when Punkbuster's system of detecting aimbots and hacks was in it's infancy. Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Why modern games can't provide this level of sophisticated gore anymore is a mystery especially with how advanced game engines are nowadays. Still arguably the most satisfying shooter ever created.

With solid action, great graphics and lots of replay value, SoF2 is easily one of the best action games of the year.
  2. It's a shame that the single player campaign is such a letdown - SoF 2 is an incredibly addictive multiplayer game, and if the polish shown to the online portion had transferred over to the single player game, we'd have a candidate of GOTY 2002 here.
  3. Anyone who gets off on the violence in this game is reveling in violence solely for violence's sake. [Sept 2002, p.78]