7.8

1. DetoxRAF
    Apr 7, 2003
    I love the game but admit it's for hard-core folks only... People who can use one hand to control the camera and the other to control the whole squad... (like me :-P )
  2. VictorK.
    Mar 31, 2003
    Most realistic units I`ve ever seen!
  3. JohnI.
    Aug 25, 2006
    Another game where the patch would raise percentages by at least 10-20%, so this game is worthy of a 9.0 to me now, with the patch vastly improving pathfinding and much more importanly allowing commands to be given during pause. This makes the game much more enjoyable. Also, with PC's having caught up in the last couple of years, everybody should be able to play this, like me, at Another game where the patch would raise percentages by at least 10-20%, so this game is worthy of a 9.0 to me now, with the patch vastly improving pathfinding and much more importanly allowing commands to be given during pause. This makes the game much more enjoyable. Also, with PC's having caught up in the last couple of years, everybody should be able to play this, like me, at 1280x1024 with full detail! It's really is, even today(2006), one of the nicest looking RTS's out there! It is a hardcore tactical game though A mix between Fallout, Commando's and a 2D Operation Flashpoint! :) So read the reviews, discount the negative comments that have been fixed by the patch and remeber, User Reviews are where it's at with older games that have been patched. Game magazine/web reviews are always going to be based on 1.0 versions and are not going to be re-written when a patch solves all the problems! So write user reviews! You'll be doing all gamers a service! Expand
  4. JokdeMo
    Feb 12, 2003
    Its good, but JA2 and X-COM is much better.

Mission objectives are varied and quite satisfying, the graphics shine, and tons of replay value is provided.
  2. Brace yourself for sometimes klutzy controls, but all in all, it's a smart RTS with a plucky respect for squad-based classics. [Jan 2003, p.114]
  3. An interesting 3D RTS, and its numerous options, as well as weapons and vehicles will get you going at times. However this comes at a price. The game’s hardware requirements are very steep ..., and as I said the camera is simply killing the playability.