8.6

1. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is Oustanding. My first thought was, What?! $60 for a game about poop jokes? But No, I haven't had this much fun in an RPG since the Original Pokemon, and that's what this game keeps reminding me of, with the added fun of the ENTIRE South Park universe. EVERYTHING IS HERE, everything from Tom's Rhinoplasty, to Al Gore hiding in the Bushes. Every line of Dialogue brings a chuckleThis game is Oustanding. My first thought was, What?! $60 for a game about poop jokes? But No, I haven't had this much fun in an RPG since the Original Pokemon, and that's what this game keeps reminding me of, with the added fun of the ENTIRE South Park universe. EVERYTHING IS HERE, everything from Tom's Rhinoplasty, to Al Gore hiding in the Bushes. Every line of Dialogue brings a chuckle after another, and It's all done right.

The Combat is turn based, and s executed in a fun and engaging way, there is no waiting for the enemy to take their turn, you're constantly engaged with attempting to block enemy attacks and countering.

For the first hour I just looked through Cartmans house, Played the "taking a **** minigame, then playing with his moms ****

Literally Skyrim+Pokemon= This game
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    Amazing. Disgusting. Immersive. Hilarious. Offensive. Intriguing. Silly. Ridiculous. Great. Fun.

Plays like Paper Mario, and talks a whole lot of sh*t. Literally. You will be doing a lot of farting, and you will love every minute of it.

Best. RPG. In. Years.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth is the best game in "years"....and it's better than the show. Wonderful world, story, gameplay. I rarely give a 10 out of 10. No game can get close to South Park: The Stick of Truth!
  4. Oct 21, 2014
    One of the best RPG's I've ever played! The game completely captures every aspect of the show (animations/graphics/design, characters and story, jokes/humor, etc), and fully immerses you in the world they've WONDERFULLY re-created.

Combat: Combat is excellent, where you (and your partner) and your enemy take turns in striking, biting, and shooting each other. There are some other

Combat:
    Combat is excellent, where you (and your partner) and your enemy take turns in striking, biting, and shooting each other. There are some other features which you use in combat, such as Power Points or "PP", which allows you to use special moves that vary according to which class you choose (I will go into more detail about classes later on the review), theirs potions that have different effects and power ups, which can help you in battle.

Story:
    The story, which is probably the most important thing in a game, especially when it comes to a T.V. Show licensed game, is perfect! Totally immerses you into the game and it's characters; where you have multiple options, each of which can change the outcome of your current situation. You can either charge in head-on, or you can take the stealthy route and sneak by, or you can use the environment around you to make upcoming combat/traps a bit easier to succeed in. The ending: VERY satisfying and funny.

World/Environment:
    They perfectly capture the essence of South Park, with interactive characters and a beautifully redesigned world, parts which are destructible, and in most cases, hilarious. They even have a little 16-bit re-creation of Canada, which is almost as interactive as South Park itself! With all this, it really makes you feel like your living in your favorite T.V. Show's universe.

Don't really need to say much more that except, they really couldn't of done it much better. It gave South Park fans the game they deserved! With over 15 hours of gameplay (including side quests) which is average for an open-world RPG, I PROUDLY give this game a 10/10.
  5. Dec 5, 2014
    This was a surprisingly fun game. Thanks to the Users Reviews of Metacritic for recommending it.

Why an 8? It felt very short for an RPG. And while I like most of South Parks humor at other times it goes waaay too far lol. I felt guilty and uncomfortable at times, but that's what South Park is all about. The gameplay is easy to grasp. The story is easy to follow. And the easter eggs

The gameplay is easy to grasp. The story is easy to follow. And the easter eggs are fun to find. Overall, if you can handle watching an alien probe go into someone's butt, don't mind adventuring through a human's lower intestines or pretending to give a man an abortion, then you will definitely enjoy this game.
  6. Jan 27, 2016
    It's a great... South Park cartoon episode. It's as simple as that - the license and a good scenario made of everything that appeared in SP cartoons make this game noticeable. If not the SP paint all over it, no one would even know such game exists.
    Because the game is awful and by its nature doesn't deserve any price tag at all. There were more compelling flash games on Newgrounds back in early 2000.
  7. Apr 15, 2015
    This game is a fantastic, wise-cracking, video game trope mocking, charming experience, even with the presence of giant aborted Nazi fetuses. If you aren't a fan of South Park, than this isn't a game you should buy. But for everyone else, you get to experience a whole season of South Park, and you are the main character. It has plenty of fart jokes for the immature, and deeper humor forThis game is a fantastic, wise-cracking, video game trope mocking, charming experience, even with the presence of giant aborted Nazi fetuses. If you aren't a fan of South Park, than this isn't a game you should buy. But for everyone else, you get to experience a whole season of South Park, and you are the main character. It has plenty of fart jokes for the immature, and deeper humor for the immature with good taste. From using poop nuggets as a weapon, to deeper jokes mocking overdone video game cliches (such as Nazi Zombies and finding Audiolog collectables), it will make you smirk. Loved characters from the series, both main and supporting, show up. You'll become Facebook friends with all 4 leading boys, Priest Maxi, Al Gore, the Prince of Canada, and everyone in between.
    The only negative aspects of the game is its appeal to only those who enjoy South Park, and its little to no re-playability. There are no class specific weapons or abilities to justify playing it again as a different class. I was a "Mage", but ended up using mostly melee weapons to knock the crap out of some of Cartman's humans.
    However, it is a great piece of work that will make you laugh maniacally while you explosively vomit with disgust. I absolutely recommend!
  8. Jul 6, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth was a lot of fun to play. Not many games out there that are made with the idea of making you laugh so this was a welcome change. This game in a way to me picked up the torch of conkers bad fur day. We need more games that poke fun and parody things so don't miss out on this if your looking for something different.
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    "Never fart on someone's balls". That is pretty much the gist of it. Obsidian somehow managed to give us the freedom to make our own South Park episode. Let me tell you, it's going to be a weird time.
  10. Mar 17, 2016
    Don't expect an unbiased review here, I am an outright huge South Park fan.

Don't expect an unbiased review here, I am an outright huge South Park fan.

Whilst it downloaded I remember thinking to myself, "Will I regret this pricey purchase", and "Will this end up just another South Park failure in the media of video games" ... It's been a long journey here, let's face it. All the previous South Park games felt like the scripts were lifted from the episodes and, if anything, made me think "Trey Parker, stop stealing my money for **** ... but then... the game opens... I create a character (charming, in that South Park way) and then enter the town of South Park and straight into meeting Butters & shortly after, Cartman.
    At this point, just 10 minutes in, I loved it. Unapologetically loved it. Like a giant ball of South Park memorabilia, exploring the town and playing "Lord of the Rings" with the kids was exceptionally fun, and I was happy. Then the game takes a darker turn. Then a darker turn after that. Then it goes to the bottom of the bucket of all that is poor taste and scrapes along eagerly to be the outright offensive. This is when you know the boys did good. Finally a South Park game gamers can not only enjoy for being the lure of South Park itself, but also for being a genuinely fun RPG!

I won't put in spoilers, but farting on balls, Manbearpig, nazi zombies and a lot worse make for an incredible little journey whereby you will get to meet or use every character in the South Park world.

Why not a 10?

The game ended. It ended and left me upset. It is only 30hours long or so, and I completed it in 38hours including collecting everything etc.

I can't wait to get South Park Fractured But Whole in the near future now on my PS4 ideally!!
  11. Mar 12, 2015
    To enjoy South Park: The Stick of Truth you really have to enjoy the show, or else you will probably come into this game and leaving it saying "what the #%!$". It's humor is disgusting and crude, but very hilarious. The style will also throw you off a ton. It's like an oldschool RPG were the main characters name is douchebag! Yep!

You may not be used to the "wait your turn" RPG style of

You may not be used to the "wait your turn" RPG style of this game, but the humor is hilarious and just a blast to play through. There are different loot you can find and buy. It really is a great game for fans of the TV show. It's pretty cheap nowadays, so do yourself a favor and buy this game.
  12. Jul 11, 2015
    This game is really fun and I enjoyed every minute when playing this game. The soundtrack is awesome and it was hilarious. The only reason why I give this a 8 is because its a little to easy to play but besides that it was a good buy.
  13. Jul 1, 2015
    Finally, we have come full circle where a turn based RPG like Paper Mario and Final Fantasy 7 is bringing it once again. It is a seamless TV to game port the way you always wanted them to be and it is about time somebody nailed it. You will be in a 15-16 hour mini season completely immersed in the South Park World. The obvious full support and participation of the show creators go far toFinally, we have come full circle where a turn based RPG like Paper Mario and Final Fantasy 7 is bringing it once again. It is a seamless TV to game port the way you always wanted them to be and it is about time somebody nailed it. You will be in a 15-16 hour mini season completely immersed in the South Park World. The obvious full support and participation of the show creators go far to make this game what it is. I only snatched two points for the price to time ratio ($4.00 an hour is insane) and how easy to beat it can be. Compared to the 80-100+ playing hours of full RPGs and the easy to win factor this is certainly more a JRPG. Those negatives aside, its worth the overprice.This game is a lesson game studios should take note of. I would love to see more of the Final Fantasy type turn based games to sit along side this overdue masterpiece (developers take a hint). More please (=:) Expand
  14. Jul 14, 2015
    Muy bien lograda la mezcla del mundo south park y el rpg. La historia muy buena y nunca se hace monótona. Quizás se podría haber aprovechado mejor poniendo más personajes en las luchas.
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    Best use of a movie or tv license EVER. The next best thing is probably Battlefront II, which is 8 years old now. This is one of the funniest and most fun games ever made and manages to make fun of its own genre like none other. If you like south park it is an instant buy. If you like crude humor or JRPS then this is an instant buy for you as well
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    Outrageously fun and hilariously funny outrages game. If you like South Park even a little there is so much fun to be had being part of their little mountain town. The game is turn based RPG but it is so well done that even during fights it hard not to laugh.
    There is no difference in the presentation of the show and the game it self, so the game graphics are 100% balls-deep on the money.
    Killing a nazi zombie kitten that shouts nazi voice clips at you and then finding shiny boots as junk item, well does it get any better then this. Oh yes it does...

Talking about polish ...wow... no bugs, I played for hours and the game is solid as a mountain rock. So refreshing to get a new game that is not broken right out of the bat.
    I don't think there is a better movie/series license game out there. DLC and sequels are more then welcome.

Are you not entertained...

This..Is...Ssssouth Park....
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    Southpark: The Stick of Truth is a game I've been waiting for for too long, and to be honest - I had a feeling that it'll dissapoint me. I am very, very happy that I was wrong. As a long time fan of Southpark, this game is funny, fun to play and gives everything you want from a Southpark game. You actually feel like a character from the show, and the entire story is about you. I reallySouthpark: The Stick of Truth is a game I've been waiting for for too long, and to be honest - I had a feeling that it'll dissapoint me. I am very, very happy that I was wrong. As a long time fan of Southpark, this game is funny, fun to play and gives everything you want from a Southpark game. You actually feel like a character from the show, and the entire story is about you. I really hope to see a DLC some day, or even another game of Obsidian about Sothpark. Options are limitless when it comes to Southpark. Expand
  18. Mar 4, 2014
    is long, it's addictive, it's entertaining contains original voices, great music, good script done by their original creators. never get tired of laughing. the best game I have been playing for a year
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    A surprisingly fun and addictive RPG. Especially fun if you watched most of the south park seasons as there are tons of references and easter-eggs all over the game. You won't be disappointed!
  20. Mar 8, 2014
    This is a great game, I am glad that it finally came out. I am a big fan of south park and this game did not disappoint. cartman is still funny as anything and th gameplay is great, any fan of south park will enjoy this game, the only thing I didn't like is them taking parts out don't see why that had to happen but other then that one great game
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    Price, is a bit gougy, but who can argue with a game that looks, sounds, and appears to be a completely South Park Episode with perks on control and overall fart flattery. Not a g** d*** person, that's who. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a hilarious, well staged, game that places you in the body of a new kid that fits perfectly in a near-perfect replica of the South Park Shows designPrice, is a bit gougy, but who can argue with a game that looks, sounds, and appears to be a completely South Park Episode with perks on control and overall fart flattery. Not a g** d*** person, that's who. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a hilarious, well staged, game that places you in the body of a new kid that fits perfectly in a near-perfect replica of the South Park Shows design and graphical content level, with a JRPG Style kind of gameplay and combat system, this game takes the cake, or the beefy cakes right into the hall of fame for "Best Game to Be Based off a TV Show or Movie" Considering in the past games that have been generated from this kind of setting usually never peak above a 5.0 rating, this is a extraordinary occurance, Obsidian has done a great job in the RPG World and given us something to hope for if they ever again attempt to make another movie/show to game RPG.
    A few wonky control settings are the only issue, and unless your not used to WASD controls and not being able to pre-program your own controls "Recommendation, just use Pi" then you might have an issue with the game.
    Other than a few other balancing issues which I am sure will get "balanced out" in the near future, this game is sterling perfect, its not full silver glorious wonder, but its damn-near, and that is better than anything I could ever of hoped for.
    $60 is it worth it? Yes & No, but ask yourself, when was the last time you thought, I wonder what being a member of south park would really be like, because brother (or sister) this is as close and perfect a game that you will ever see, capable of doing it.
    Funny Level - 10 of 10
    Weirdness Level 8 of 10 (Typical for a South Park Episode)
    Ackwardness Level 9 of 10 (A lot of really F***ed up scenes)
    Action Level 9 of 10 (Its a JRPG with LARP which is great!)
    Shock and Awe Moments (Way, way too many!) - I love it!!!!
  22. Mar 6, 2014
    If you are a fan of south park, this game is a must purchase. Absolutely brilliant. There is a ton of dialog, recorded by the same voices as the show. Side quests as just as good as the main story and no grinding to level your character.
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    Oh my god this has got to be one of my most favourite games ever.
    Played through the main story line in two days, and I kind of wish that I had spaced it out more, but the time was well spent. The on going story becomes increasingly ridiculous and hilarious, exhilarating and exciting. What a little nine year old can do to save the town, and the stick of truth? I urge you to find out.
    Oh my god this has got to be one of my most favourite games ever.
    What's better is, everything that I can remember in all of South Park is in this game! All of the notable shops, characters, side gags, you name it. This game captures to sense of the telly programme perfectly, and is honestly worth the initial steep price of forty quid.
    Please buy this.
  24. Mar 9, 2014
    Simply amazing. Laugh out loud funny and a pretty darn good game as well. An absolutely must play for every South Park fan, and even deserving of a play through for barely casual viewers as well. A hallowed entry into the laughably short list of funny and fun game adaptations of a TV license, along with Beavis & Butt-head Do U and Simpsons Hit n Run. The game can take anywhere from 10-20Simply amazing. Laugh out loud funny and a pretty darn good game as well. An absolutely must play for every South Park fan, and even deserving of a play through for barely casual viewers as well. A hallowed entry into the laughably short list of funny and fun game adaptations of a TV license, along with Beavis & Butt-head Do U and Simpsons Hit n Run. The game can take anywhere from 10-20 hours depending if you rush through it or try to explore all it has to offer.

If you've never seen an episode of South Park, stay away (and rethink your life choices).

PS: It is hilarious how many people gave this 0-3 stars. These people belong in Camp Tardicaca
  25. Mar 6, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played, I even made an account to say this, the story, the quests and the ending that ending was amazing, it seemed that I was actually in one of the episodes. Forget what I've said before because it's not one of the best, I actually am going to call it the best game I've ever played, because it brought on of my favourite universes and gave it life, and thenOne of the best games I've ever played, I even made an account to say this, the story, the quests and the ending that ending was amazing, it seemed that I was actually in one of the episodes. Forget what I've said before because it's not one of the best, I actually am going to call it the best game I've ever played, because it brought on of my favourite universes and gave it life, and then put me in it! Truly a remarkable experience for any south park fan. BTW I've seen a lot of people that didn't understand a part and I recommend you watch all seasons of south park from 1 to 17. Expand
  26. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Leave it to obsidian to make South Park's entry into the RPG genre a smashing success! If you are a fan of the series the laughs more than make up for its shortcomings!

More accurately

I have quested inside a gay mans ass, taken down an alien ship, thwarted an evil government agency disguised as taco bell, performed an abortion on both a man and a thermonuclear device, killed a celebrity's nazi fetus, slain a cow, and battled an anime style magical girl atop a dark citadel, and finally got rhinoplasty to look like David Hasselhoff .... The actual **** did I just play?
  27. Mar 6, 2014
    As a South Park game, this is easily a 10/10. If you aren't familiar with the show, maybe an 8. All my favorite characters were here. Tons of references and also new jokes that range from clever to quite shocking. Don't play this game with kids in the room. It's like playing a really long episode of the tv show.

There is exploration, character customization (though you can't actually

There is exploration, character customization (though you can't actually play a girl, you can cross dress...uh, if you're into that sort of thing...), there is no actual dialog as you play a mute - and the game takes ever opportunity to make fun of that. Not a lot of real choices and consequences or super deep gameplay. The combat is turn based, but with timed attacks/blocks and Quick Time Events for some special moves.

I will say that if you hate South Park humor, you will hate this game. Violence, nudity, sacrilege, potty humor, anal torture, abortions, a full on (somewhat censored) sex scene - this game goes quite a bit further even than the show, but I found myself laughing the whole time.

On the whole, I'd recommend it to anyone who loves South Park style humor. Really refreshing to see that the developers put so much effort into the game, rather than make a shameless cash grab like so many would have.
  28. Mar 9, 2014
    Worth it. Story is long. Good number of side missions. One good thing is that in combat you dont have to wait for your turn to end, you can do blocking and counter attack. It is a nice touch. The game has weapons and also weapons like **** Jokes are really funny. Buy it. some specific stages will astonish you
  29. Mar 18, 2014
    For all its worth South Park the video game is a faithful recreation of what we wanted out of the game. The Town is nicely done and all the characters are faithfully recreated to what we remember of the TV series. That being said the combat is far to easy, battles reassembling elements of Paper Mario series is way to easy to beat even on hard mode. Game is really not meant for minorsFor all its worth South Park the video game is a faithful recreation of what we wanted out of the game. The Town is nicely done and all the characters are faithfully recreated to what we remember of the TV series. That being said the combat is far to easy, battles reassembling elements of Paper Mario series is way to easy to beat even on hard mode. Game is really not meant for minors either. Very Graphic and vulgar stuff especially in some part will put off people. Game is short for a RPG but this isn't really a RPG more so a South Park episode or more of the effect Season of it.

Please note this was done on PC on a mid range 3D card (7k series Radeon) and I-5 processor. Game ran great and no issues on frame rate or tearing occurred.
  30. May 9, 2014
    While I am personally not a fan of the show, I find its over the top crude humor quite abit distastful, I say this game to be a master piece for one big reason: It was made for the fans.

Most movie/tv show tie-in games tend to be a attempt to rip off popular games at the time to attract new people to the movie/tv show or to just try and ring some cheap profits out of the fans. Because of this they fail spectacularly. The Stick of Truth does not fall to this.

The Stick of Truth feels you like are inside and part of a South Park episode or movie, it does not rely on cheap gimmicks or trying to "broaden the audience". The graphics are not 3d hd bloomfests with hyper realistic animation, they exactly like the show. The voice acting isn't needless celebrity voices, they are the voices from the show. The gameplay is pretty simply and intuitive, a few puzzles here and there, combat is fun and the attacks are hilarious with each class having pretty cool abilities. The companion attacks are hilarious. There is little to no "grinding" needed to continue the story, so people who don't play many RPGs are not turned off. To top it off there are more than a few homages to past and present RPGs and several satirical passes at various video game tropes.

Going back to my original statement, this game was made for the fans. It is not some watered down, executive pandering lump of failure. I am not a fan, this game was not made for me, and it shouldn't be. It was made for the fans and that is EXACTLY how these types of games SHOULD BE.
  31. Ogr
    Mar 4, 2014
    This game is simply awesome. It's long long ago since I had as much fun with another game. The Gameplay is kinda like Paper Mario, but fits perfectly into the "South Park Universe". Thanks to Obsidian!

The Story is weird, full of **** and hilariously funny. But still it is very exciting, you always want to know what happens next and it's fun to collect all those crazy Items, upgrade them and level your characters. I never had as much fun in a turn based combat system as in The Stick of Truth, the attacks and skills are insane.

If you are a South Park Fan, go and buy it. If you don't like South Park at all, this won't be your game.

Don't fart on anybody's balls.
  32. Mar 4, 2014
    Simply put; if you're a South Park fan you will love this game. If you aren't a South Park fan, then it's entirely passable. The highlights of this game are the artwork, voice-acting, callbacks to the history of South Park and the surprisingly deep turn-based combat system. It's probably the funniest game I've ever played and the best TV to game adaptation.
  33. Mar 4, 2014
    The game excels in story, script, humor, and voice.

Game play is about average as a RPG game gets. There are 4 classes but other than some of the their magic abilities, there isn't too much of a difference between them. The level and gear system is pretty bland and basic. The UI also follow this route. If you aren't a South Park fanatic you will probably see A TON of wholes in
    The game excels in story, script, humor, and voice.

If you aren't a South Park fanatic you will probably see A TON of wholes in this game.

If you are fanatic, then this game offers A LOT of easter eggs and tons of funny SP humor. Get to ready see all the your favorite episodes references.

South Park will probably go down as one of the best licences movie / tv show game of all time. Right behind the newer Batman series.

34. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is a true work of art. It is absolutely flawless when it comes to making it look like the South Park we all know and love. For the first time ever I am going to say, this is a must play game.
  35. Mar 6, 2014
    Fantastic game that captures the spirit of the series.

Hilarious jokes all through the game, simple and fantastic rpg system that reminds a lot paper mario !

Graphics.... seems to be straight in a cartoon episode. Almost cant get any better ! Buy asap and hope for future sequels
  36. Mar 5, 2014
    This game is made for fans of South Park. Event screen and every line is chock full of references from seasons as far back as 1997. The game plays out exactly like an episode, with crisp beautiful (South Park beautiful, but still) graphics and smooth animations. The voice acting is on par with the show, and all characters are voiced by their onscreen counterparts. The game play is what youThis game is made for fans of South Park. Event screen and every line is chock full of references from seasons as far back as 1997. The game plays out exactly like an episode, with crisp beautiful (South Park beautiful, but still) graphics and smooth animations. The voice acting is on par with the show, and all characters are voiced by their onscreen counterparts. The game play is what you would expect from a South Park RPG, turn based, and comical. The fights seem balanced, and the encounters are well spaced out. Expand
  37. Mar 5, 2014
    This game is the best cartoon adaptation i have ever played. It looks, sounds, and has the same soul as the tv show. If you are a fan of the show, do yourself a favor and pick this one up.

Warning, sptsot is wildly inappropriate for anyone, of any age! definitely not for children under 13.
  38. PHJ
    Mar 5, 2014
    - Good points:

South Park The Stick of Truth is an outstanding game for the cartoon lovers, it follows everything, the narrators, the movimentation, the black jokes, everything in the right places, the map of the city is equal of the cartoon, talking about how the game follows the original cartoon I give an easy 10 out 10. The combat engine works really well, you will have a range
    - Good points:

The combat engine works really well, you will have a range weapon, a melee weapon, some magics and habilities and some cunsumable items, a real complete combat for an RPG game.

The Graphics is 2D based, but they are beautiful and pretty similar of the original cartoon, witch gives you a nice sensation of immersion in the game.

The History is genial, so creative, the jokes sometimes is awkward and sometimes is pretty funny, so the game have a nice balance betwen the RPG history and the jokes of the original cartoon. It has a initiation, a middle and an end, also it has an objective, the chase of the Sitck of Truth.

The costumization of the game is one of the strongest points in South Park, you have a lot of possibilities, many classes, weapons, armors, a complete costumization for a good RPG game.

- Weak points:

But the game can't just follow correctly the cartoon, the game have some weak points, if you go in some parts of the map you litearly can't get out of there, you need to die for some enemies to spawn in a diferent place, witch is really awkward.

You get confused in the missions, the game isn't organized at all, you have the main missions mixed with the sidemissions, and sometimes when you need to see the map for know where the missions is you get really confused.

VEREDICT: South Park The Stick of Truth is a great RPG Game, is a great reproduction of the original cartoon, it mixes perfectly the RPG story and the poop jokes of South Park. The level desing and the graphics is so well made that sometimes you don't know if you're playing South Park or watching South Park, the immersion is great. But as nothing is perfect, the game game some confusing aspects and some confusing places in the map. A perfect 9 game!
  39. Mar 12, 2014
    Unlike past South Park games, this one is a true winner. Fun, witty, and rude, if this doesn't have you laughing then you are on too much medication. High levels of neat personalization complement a story that will push you to completion without any filler. Highly recommended.
  40. Mar 10, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth turned out to be everything I'd expect from a game based on the South Park show: intentionally primitive in some visual and game-play aspects but obscene and entertaining. I felt like I was part of the show, making the calls and mashing faces. It's one of those games you frequently remember at work and look forward to playing when you get home. I haven'tSouth Park: The Stick of Truth turned out to be everything I'd expect from a game based on the South Park show: intentionally primitive in some visual and game-play aspects but obscene and entertaining. I felt like I was part of the show, making the calls and mashing faces. It's one of those games you frequently remember at work and look forward to playing when you get home. I haven't beaten the game yet, so I can't yet say if there is much replay value. Chances are that there is. Calling this game humorous and entertaining is an understatement. Expand
  41. Mar 4, 2014
    A long time ago, there was a South Park game...well to be accurate, there were many South Park games, and they all were lackluster...as to say, that they sucked royally. None of them had the gravitas and depth that The Stick of Truth is inundated with. If you're a fan of the show consider this journey into Colorado the best experience besides seeing Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.

The game

The game is riddled with fanservice, from pictures of the kids doing their "shaka bro", to the costumes of "villains" like Professor Chaos. The little gems that they are, its clear to see why the game took so long to come out. Damn near everything in the game is made for a South Park viewer. You aren't just some kid exploring the "lands of South Park", you're a living, breathing entity that the kids will consider their friend. It's as much your world as it is theirs, and its felt.

The combat is reminiscent of Mario RPG, in which timed attacks and defense are part of the turn based action. However another added element is the ability to see the group your about to fight and either Stun them or hit them for the preemptive attack. That alone offers more flexibility than most current RPG's out, and makes combat actually fun to get into. The "special" attacks are exactly what you expect them to be, from the roshambo to the grand slam, the dark humor translates perfectly into the game, and none of it gets boring in the slightest.

This is the south park game we've all been waiting for, South Park fans or not. This game will keep you entertained and wanting more. The game is a clear example of what a dedicated team of developers and designers can give birth to. From the itemization to the varied customization, many developers of RPG's should take notice, this is how you make an RPG.

The quests add a nice touch to the pacing, as sidequests are placed perfectly, and don't interfere with your original goal. In fact, I was always expecting some random encounter with a familiar face wherever I went, and I wasn't disappointed. Even if you don't get a certain joke, with the accessibility of the episodes on the net, there is no excuse to be part of the humor.

My only gripe with the game is the length, and the lack of a new game + which I figured was going to be the problem to begin with, however if the DLC is anything like the main game, you can expect many hours of perusing through the South Park universe. Matt and Trey found their calling, Stick to RPG's and the fans will love you for it.
  42. Mar 9, 2014
    Excellent throwback to episodes present and past. Has everything that makes the show good, the surreal humour, the bizarre and amusing characters and some of the craziest plot twist you'll ever see. The only negatives here are a few bugs and the overall short length of the game. All in all, the quality of the offering it top notch and it completely re-creates the feeling of watching SouthExcellent throwback to episodes present and past. Has everything that makes the show good, the surreal humour, the bizarre and amusing characters and some of the craziest plot twist you'll ever see. The only negatives here are a few bugs and the overall short length of the game. All in all, the quality of the offering it top notch and it completely re-creates the feeling of watching South Park, except you're playing it. If only it were a bit longer... Expand
  43. Mar 6, 2014
    The Stick of truth is the best RPG that i played in years, the combat like paper Mario was nostalgic and really fun, and the battles for me was always fast,not like most turn-based rpgs. Even if you´ve never seen the show, you´re going to have a great time. The game has a great solid story for main and side quest, the end is as epic as any end for a South park adventure.the only problemThe Stick of truth is the best RPG that i played in years, the combat like paper Mario was nostalgic and really fun, and the battles for me was always fast,not like most turn-based rpgs. Even if you´ve never seen the show, you´re going to have a great time. The game has a great solid story for main and side quest, the end is as epic as any end for a South park adventure.the only problem for me was that this game is so good that i finished in 2 days and i want more, bring the dlc or sequel. Expand
  44. Mar 8, 2014
    If you are a South Park fan you will love this game even if you don't like RPGs. Besides the amazing feeling of playing a South Park character the game itself is super fun and changes enough that you won't be bored with repetitive gameplay.
  45. Mar 8, 2014
    WILL YOU HAVE YOURSELF A TIME IN OBSIDIAN'S NEW SOUTH PARK RPG? READ ON AND FIND OUT from ReviewzNewz! Review#1

SOUTH PARK: The Stick of Truth (aka TSOT - which is pretty close to Tsst! isn't it?) After a long wait from multiple release date delays that were brought about by major producer changes which finally landed it in the laps of Obsidian - South Park: The Stick of truth has

After a long wait from multiple release date delays that were brought about by major producer changes which finally landed it in the laps of Obsidian - South Park: The Stick of truth has finally been released and to the complete elation of true fans and utter dismay of those not worthy, it is clearly above and beyond expectations. The first thing to note is that the game itself is a faithful and true adaptation of South Park in every conceivable way. There is really no differentiating it from a full blown episode itself and aside from the actual combat scenes which look distinctly Paper Mario-esque, if someone were to walk in and see it on your screen they would rightfully assume you were watching an episode. So much effort has been put into this faithful recreation of the South Park mythos that it's almost impossible not to play this without a either laughing out loud constantly and grinning from ear to ear throughout your adventure. It's amazingly well crafted and fan service was given front of the line priority thanks to the show's creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, who show they are no slouches in the video game department. It's no secret that Trey and Matt are hardcore gamers and fans of RPGs, and that happens to be a great thing. There could be no better way to truly capture the essence of South Park but through a stylized and fleshed out RPG South Park game. First and foremost, this game is for the fans. Plain and simple. Trey and Matt's goal (recorded in many pre-game interviews) was to create a game worthy of the South Park name... and boy have they ever achieved that goal. The gameplay as mentioned before is very similar in gameplay to the Paper Mario series of games (and Trey Parker was even quoted naming this game pre-release of SP:TSOT). This is first of all one of the best mechanics you could possibly implement for this type of game. Many have stated that the game is roughly 12-15 hours of content. Having played the game for days now... I completely disagree with that assessment. I believe that would be accurate if you "fast traveled" (using a hilarious Timmy carriage) everywhere in game, did not explore every nook and cranny, or take time to read all of the hilarious descriptions of items. Even not touching the controller for awhile brings about hilarious dialogue that you won't want to miss (Butters says "Yeah... most people break out their cell phones after hanging around me for a little while") . This isn't just an interactive "season" or "episode" as some reviews have stated, this has an absolute abundance in references to all 17 seasons. You will be hard pressed to find some reference missing if you explore every drawer, and every nook and cranny, and if you consider yourself anything of a South Park enthusiast... you will find this to be well worth your time as every single item and description is hilariously crafted and lovingly and painstakingly recreated. Everything is where it should be and characters react with hilarious dialogue when you encounter something new - true to South Park humor and form. For example, in a ridiculously hilarious scene where you are given a task by the Goth kids in or order to gain their trust, to post a sign that reads **** the conformists" in the middle of a typical South Park town hall meeting. You owe it to yourself to talk to, fart on, and investigate every character and every inch of the inhabitants of this game because when you do... nuggets of pure hilarity ensue. While carrying the sign given to you by the Goth kids, if you speak to Mr. Garrison, perplexed he looks at your sign and says **** the conformists?... Why are they a good lay?". You can even transform the look of your character, and in some areas must to proceed, always to awesome results - and if you've seen the episode "Tom's Rhinoplasty" that's really all I have to say. Yes... the Hoff. There are some very minor and trivial gameplay issues that really and truly aren't worth mentioning... so I won't because at the end of the day, this game is a complete heartfelt love letter to South Park fans everywhere. It is a definitive work of art, one of the best games if ever made if you're truly looking for faithful to source material and absolute stellar comedic value... and truthfully Trey and Matt should be very proud of one sharing with the world one of their greatest accomplishments. This also makes Obsidian look like total badasses. South Park: The Stick of Truth. Have yourself a time... the time of your video gaming life.

*editorial note - with a reviewer name like "Ready for Hillary" is it any wonder she didn't like this game? Nice try Sheila Brovfloski (proving that Kyle's Mom most certainly is a ****
  46. Mar 4, 2014
    The game is a total "Wow". A good addition for south park fans and also for the gamers too.
    Sick, fun addictive and hilariously awesome. Some of the in-game phrases I personally liked very much are :-
    - Die a**hole!!!
    - Rock, Paper, Nuts (simply epic)
    - we will kill you with compassion
  47. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is, quite simply, a ton of fun. There are references all around to the show and it's great that they use the same voice actors. It also pokes a lot of fun at modern-day games with some of the content, though I won't spoil that. The only downside for me was the sequences where you learn new Fart Attacks (Think Skyrim shouts) since it didn't seem like the button prompts meshedThis game is, quite simply, a ton of fun. There are references all around to the show and it's great that they use the same voice actors. It also pokes a lot of fun at modern-day games with some of the content, though I won't spoil that. The only downside for me was the sequences where you learn new Fart Attacks (Think Skyrim shouts) since it didn't seem like the button prompts meshed with what I was supposed to do and thus made it very annoying. The third one in particular took me close to 20 minutes to do correctly. Once you learn them, however, they are much easier to use both in and out of battle.

There are tons of things to collect and the Chinpokomon are hilarious.
  48. Mar 9, 2014
    This game is awsome! no bugs, awsome musik, awsome gameplay! if you are a fan of South Park , this game will NOT dissapoint! :).

The rpg elements are good, level up ect ect the same old stuff as always, GOTY RPG!
  49. Mar 6, 2014
    10 - You can right click to fart and have pigtails with a beard.

This game is awesome, a bit too expensive because it's short and I doubt you'll play it more than once, but as a south park fan I loved every second of it. So I guess if I think about that I would rather pay $60 for an amazing 11-15 hour experience than pay $60 for 50 hours of boring ****
  50. Mar 8, 2014
    This game is highly offensive and intolerant to certain minorities. The jokes are racist, insensitive, and in bad taste. I was shocked and appalled that after playing a few hours, I had to uninstall the game. This kind of stuff needs to be banned. We should not be teaching our children such intolerant, bigoted, sexist things. I am outraged. GOTY 10/10 would let my kids play all day
  51. Mar 8, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun. Ive really enjoyed playing this. As a fan of both SOuth Park and RPG's this is was a good play. Fans of the TV show series will enjoy that the transistion between show to game has not changed. The writing is still the crude humor watchers have grown up with, seeing as though Matt and Trey worked on this you know it's going to be dirty.

Why is it not a perfect

Why is it not a perfect score or an 8 or higher?
    First off: It's short. Im talking like 10 hours of gameplay. Dont get me wrong Ive enjoyed all 10 hours I was playing it. But it was really short. I wasn't expecting to put as much time in it as I did with Dark Souls or Skyrim. I hoped I'd be close but no where near. With little decisions to be made to change the ending, there is no real replay value unless you wanna try and snag all the friend requests/Chinpokomon/Side Quests.
    Second: For a game with such simple graphics I encountered quite a few blips. During cut scenes my character would just vanish at times. So NPCs were talking to no one. As well, at the very end, the whole group of guys disappeared during a cutscene leaving only Jimmy in the background looking like the game's video froze.

It's a pretty good game. $60 worth? Not at all. I would have waited until the price drop if I wasn't so amped to play this. Again it's not a bad game, I loved when the game took us to Canada or going to Tom's Rhinoplasty to look like the Hoff.
    If you love South Park and RPGs and dont mind $60 then by all means go for it. and have fun. If you only like one of the two wait for a price drop
  52. Mar 4, 2014
    Solo llevo jugado un par de horas pero aun asi , les puedo decir que este juego es una verdadera joya , esperemos que los desarrolladores continúen con esta franquicia y poder tener mas juegos como este en los próximos años.
  53. Mar 14, 2014
    It`s hard not to be torn by The Stick of Truth. It is a relatively terrible (J)RPG, with simplistic combat, redundant gear and upgrades, illogical and (temporarily) game breaking mini games, no meaningful class distinctions and more farts than have been in all previous video games combined. Despite all of this you just have to keep playing so you can see it all, and you so want to love itIt`s hard not to be torn by The Stick of Truth. It is a relatively terrible (J)RPG, with simplistic combat, redundant gear and upgrades, illogical and (temporarily) game breaking mini games, no meaningful class distinctions and more farts than have been in all previous video games combined. Despite all of this you just have to keep playing so you can see it all, and you so want to love it you forget to even look for what you would normally look for in an RPG. It is offensive, crude and hilariously funny for 15 hours or so, with hundreds of references to the show, all the familiar characters and a funny plot running through it.
    Exploring the map of South Park was a rare joy, so much so that I regularly forgot what it was I was supposed to be doing. There are a lot of puzzles to do, hidden stuff to find, many side quests and collectables to look for, mini games and a perk system of character upgrades linked to the amount of friends you can get on Facebook. Almost everything is a blast on the first play through and the writing up to the usual SP standards. For me the highlight comes early, when Cartman gives you the option of playing either a wizard, a warrior, a thief or a Jew. If only this choice made any difference...

But it does not. You get four abilities depending on what you choose, but everything else stays the same. And since you are basically perma OP anyway you could probably squeak by without even using most of them. This also makes the combat repetitive and mostly boring, weirdness aside, and it also makes gear almost entirely cosmetic, since you don`t really need it. Some of the mandatory mini games are also amazingly poor and either broken or so poorly translated from Xbox they are essentially impossible to pass, unless you look them up online to discover that the instructions you`re given are misleading, to say the least. Without this help I would have gotten stuck somewhere in the middle and been very annoyed.
    It is a shame that the gameplay doesn`t quite match the quality of the design, writing and satire, in what is in essence an open world South Park not missing a thing from the TV show. But when the best part is exploring the town and talking to all the characters we`re not dealing with a very good game in itself.

So in conclusion, The Stick of Truth is a must for anyone who likes South Park and is basically a season of content all by itself. It can not be recommended to RPG fans though, unless they also like South Park. And after you`re done with it you`re done, since there is basically no replay value at all.
  54. Mar 4, 2014
    this game is amazing!!!! just like the TV series haha i thought it wasn't going to be good but now i am wrong, can't wait to get it for my xbox yaaass
  55. Mar 5, 2014
    Excellent game. Collect Chinpokemon, collect a variety of gear to change your appearance (which have stats), skill trees...It's your classic and modern RPG elements wrapped in a unique South Park story. And its hilarious.
  56. Mar 5, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth truly is a masterpiece of fan dom. I have never experienced a game with this man easter eggs and cultural references. In the future TSOT could be used to portray our society with absolute perfection. The combat is exciting and it delivers a refreshing formula from the all RPGs around these days. One thing is certain, if you are a fan of the series buy itSouth Park: The Stick of Truth truly is a masterpiece of fan dom. I have never experienced a game with this man easter eggs and cultural references. In the future TSOT could be used to portray our society with absolute perfection. The combat is exciting and it delivers a refreshing formula from the all RPGs around these days. One thing is certain, if you are a fan of the series buy it right away. If you are not (what is your problem), give it a chance. Expand
  57. Mar 10, 2014
    I don't really have words for how good Stick of Truth is. As a huge fan of Fallout and Paper Mario I felt very at home with the combat, customization and exploration. It is not perfect, there are glitches, infrequent frame skipping and difficulty spikes here and there, but nothing that retracts from the total experience.
    The humour is more reminiscent of older South Park episodes,
    The humour is more reminiscent of older South Park episodes, complete with a reference to each and every episode whether in loot, cameos or mentioned by characters in passing. Gross-out and shock value is strong here and the entire time you just feel like you are watching a 10 or so hour long episode of South Park, with all the laughs and quality you'd expect from Matt and Trey. Absolutely brilliant and a must-buy for any South Park fan (which let's be honest, is anyone with a sense of humour). . I would, if possible, get an UNCUT version of the game. There are two levels which are greatly affected by the censorship that ruined part of the experience for both myself and the friends I played with in Australia. Abortion and Anal Probing are much less disturbing than some of the things you see in this game and it just seems unfair and unnecessary. That being said, the scenes are available on YouTube and I would suggest watching them in conjunction with the game as you play. Regardless, game's perfect. Get it. 10/10
  58. Mar 10, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth это одна из лучших игр,в которую я играл . Волшебный мир, история, геймплей. Я редко даю 10 из 10. Но эта игра заслуживает такой оценки.
    Приколы в игре.Пару раз,когда были разветвления в диалогах , но меня в любом случае посылали по одному варианту,какой выбор не сделаешь.Там вначале типа "заплатить $2 и узнать о тайнах" или "купить оружие" Выбрал узнать о тайнах в ответ "не полагайся на тайны,это всё хрень" и пришлось мне покупать оружие. Теперь опасаюсь кликать на разветвления диалогов)
  59. Mar 10, 2014
    The first actual South Park game that is more than just decent or a shambling mess. If you enjoy SP humor, you'll enjoy this. Deserves all the money you can throw at it.
  60. Mar 8, 2014
    SIMPLY PUT , IF YOU ARE A SOUTH PARK FAN ? THIS IS A MUST BUY , SERIOUSLY . this game is almost perfect , the game is sadly shorter than i would like it to be , with the main story line only running around 11-12 hours , and if your a perfectionist , to do and see everything that this game can offer will rack the game length up to 15-16 hours in total , Matt Stone and Trey Parker should beSIMPLY PUT , IF YOU ARE A SOUTH PARK FAN ? THIS IS A MUST BUY , SERIOUSLY . this game is almost perfect , the game is sadly shorter than i would like it to be , with the main story line only running around 11-12 hours , and if your a perfectionist , to do and see everything that this game can offer will rack the game length up to 15-16 hours in total , Matt Stone and Trey Parker should be proud of what they have developed , there are alot of loose ends though , if you've seen every episode of south park like i have , you will notice some areas are missing from the map , and not every character is present , i was sad to see that one of my favourite characters was not in the game "towelie" , but all of this leaves me hopefull for some dlc in the near future , all in all this game is definatly worth the 60 dollar price tag Expand
  61. Mar 19, 2014
    As i am a big south park fan, i was a bit hesitant with buying this game seeing as the previous south park games were crap but after playing through the game i have declared this game as my favorite licensed video game. The story is quite simple even for RPG standards, the gameplay is very fresh with 4 classes that are very fun to play as, and the humor is the hilarious south park normAs i am a big south park fan, i was a bit hesitant with buying this game seeing as the previous south park games were crap but after playing through the game i have declared this game as my favorite licensed video game. The story is quite simple even for RPG standards, the gameplay is very fresh with 4 classes that are very fun to play as, and the humor is the hilarious south park norm
    so...
    GET THIS GAME NOW
    also, there's loads of references to the TV show to give you a fanboygasm
  62. Mar 5, 2014
    I played through the game and i loved it the humor is brilliant especially for a South Park fan, characters are introduced slowly the story is really well told.As for game-play its complex and challenging Game is definitely not for every one but for me its 9 out of 10
  63. Mar 7, 2014
    This is a game that should be played if you like South Park at all. The game is very entertaining and is worth the $60 price tag. The game will take around 10-15 hours to complete, which is kind of short for an RPG, but the game well makes up for it by making every second of the game enjoyable. Out of all the games that have come out in 2014 (Or lack of games), this game is definitely theThis is a game that should be played if you like South Park at all. The game is very entertaining and is worth the $60 price tag. The game will take around 10-15 hours to complete, which is kind of short for an RPG, but the game well makes up for it by making every second of the game enjoyable. Out of all the games that have come out in 2014 (Or lack of games), this game is definitely the best game I have played so far this year and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes one of my favorite games this year. This shows that if you put time and effort on a licensed based product that a good game can be made. Expand
  64. Aug 17, 2014
    Hilarious, as good as any episode, and the best game ever made from a TV show, book, or movie. SCORE 90/100.

Also, only game I know where you can play a Jew, and be a total ass-kicking badass along the way. Only drawback is that it's a bit too short. I want more, lots more. Really needs to be $30 instead of $60, and then sale prices from there. It's a really solid JRPG at its

It's a really solid JRPG at its core, with solid 2-member party mechanics, deep enough upgrade system, good map, small puzzles in the environment, and a pretty cool and funny story. Better gameplay than a recently released and good JRPG (Child of Light) and really reminded me of some old Final Fantasy fun.
  65. Mar 16, 2014
    South Park the Stick of Truth was a really fun game. It is true to the series. A lot of fart and poop jokes, a many character cameos. To those who have been following the series, a lot of attention to detail was put into the game. It's easy to spot a lot of explicit and implicit references to the series everywhere.

You can play 4 different classes in the game: warrior, mage, thief and

You can play 4 different classes in the game: warrior, mage, thief and jew. Each class has their own abilities, but the equipment can be worn by any class. Combat is turn-based. Attack moves are button combinations. If done correctly, the attack will do more damage / apply conditions. Attacks can be blocked if the defense button is hit at the proper time. I recommend people to play this game with a controller.

The story is funny, and made me laugh a lot. The only thing that disappointed me was the length of the story. The game left me wanting for more. If you're not willing to pay 60 dollars for it, it's short enough to be beaten in a weekend time.
  66. Mar 10, 2014
    It's like playing in a very long and well written episode of the show. It combines the absolute hilarity of the show and RPG elements seamlessly. On top of that, you see almost every major and minor character that has ever appeared in the show's history. The same thing goes for the music.
  67. Mar 8, 2014
    Though your party keeps growing and as you learn new attacks or spells the combat gets boring close to the end. The humour though is spot on and much better than the last episodes of the actual series. One of the few times a TV show turned into a great video game. I should give only 7 points because of the combat, but the game is just so much fun.
  68. Mar 20, 2014
    A very enjoyable rpg! The graphics were exactly the same as the tv show. It felt like you were playing the tv show! took me alittle over 20 hours to finish. Only wishing the game would be longer! Much much longer!
  69. Mar 8, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game, a surprisingly deep RPG that never disappoints.

They managed to deliver a solid and authentic South Park experience while also delivering a solid hardcore RPG experience.
  70. Mar 6, 2014
    This game is amazing. Im 7 hours in, and those 7 hours flew by. The feel, characters, story its all done really well. It feels like the show, like youre a part of the show.

But whats more suprising is the RPG experience of it. This is the licenced game we all dreamt about as kids, done right. Must buy!
  71. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is made for fans of South Park. Event screen and every line is chock full of references from seasons as far back as 1997. The game plays out exactly like an episode, with crisp beautiful (South Park beautiful, but still) graphics and smooth animations. The voice acting is on par with the show, and all characters are voiced by their onscreen counterparts. The game play is whatThis game is made for fans of South Park. Event screen and every line is chock full of references from seasons as far back as 1997. The game plays out exactly like an episode, with crisp beautiful (South Park beautiful, but still) graphics and smooth animations. The voice acting is on par with the show, and all characters are voiced by their onscreen counterparts. The game play is what you would expect from a South Park RPG, turn based, and comical. The fights seem balanced, and the encounters are well spaced out.
    The only down side to game is the fact it leaves fans begging for more. With a triple A price tag of 60 dollars, one would expect a bit more meat on the bones of this title. There is also the fact that the DLC that is promised is an Xbox exclusive leaves a bad taste in the mouth of PC fans. I guess if the big complaint is they leave you wanting more, it says that they did something right though.

That being said, the side quests and collectables do give it a replay value. I for one will be playing again, this time as the arch-type of ":Jew: instead of the standard mage, this time playing with more of a completest attitude.
  72. Mar 9, 2014
    There was a lot of hype for this game. It had been in development for a while, and is based on a very popular, highly controversial show that never fail to entertain and shock. To put it simply: if you love RPG's, and you love South Park, you will love this game. The attention to detail is remarkable. I find myself laughing pretty much the entire time I play the game. It is not simply aThere was a lot of hype for this game. It had been in development for a while, and is based on a very popular, highly controversial show that never fail to entertain and shock. To put it simply: if you love RPG's, and you love South Park, you will love this game. The attention to detail is remarkable. I find myself laughing pretty much the entire time I play the game. It is not simply a funny game though. This game is an excellent RPG, with combat that is turn based, but still has you involved enough in timing critical attacks and other elements. Overall, great game. It is addicting, and very entertaining, Expand
  73. Mar 5, 2014
    This game was made for the fans of South Park. And it's simply amazing. The whole game is associated with episodes of the series. You feel on the show. I can not rate below 10.
  74. Mar 19, 2014
    SoT is not a great game. No, no way, it just isn't. As an RPG, it is too simple and from seemingly many pieces of equipment you can acquire, you soon realize that only few are actually useful. Same goes with your buddies, their skills and your skills. Also, it contains some seriously annoying button mashing sequences. That just aren't attributes you want in your dream game...

That being

That being said, SoT is very thoroughly mixed bag of "meh" and "wow". Were it not South Park, it would be average at best. But Barbra Streisand, it IS South Park, meaning that if you are fan of a show, it'll grab your balls and hold them until you see the credits.

So great game? No, but certainly a really, really good entertainment...
  75. Mar 6, 2014
    I've just finished the game, and it's the best game I've played in some time. But let's elaborate on that.

The first and most important thing to know is: if you have never watched the series, or you don't like it, there is not much for you there. sure, it is a very good game, but what glues everything together are the references, the classic jokes, and little details that can make a fan laugh out loud. (also, if you haven't watched south park for some time, at least watch the 15 and 16 seasons, as they give plenty of references for you to laugh a little harder).

Now, for the gameplay. Battles are turn-based, but almost every move you can use requires that you do something, like pressing a button at the correct time, or something like that. And don't be mistaken: you absolutely HAVE to be paying attention or you will most likely fail your attacks. Which is awesome, as it keeps battles more fast-paced.

Aside from battles, the game has some "adventure" moments, during which you have to solve little puzzles using you powers and objects from the world. These parts are also very cool, and lend a different tone to the game, which is awesome.

Now, for the plot... what can be said? I just don't know. I hadnt' felt this way since I watched the movie all those years ago, and it's the plot that made me play for 12 hours in a 2-day period, which is A LOT longer that I usually play any game. And 12 ours is without doing everything that can be done, and I'll start playing again tomorrow using another class.

So there you go. If you love south park, this is for you. Don't think, just play and fall in love with the game.
    If you are neutral towards the series, and haven't really paid any attention to it, just watch seasons 15 and 16 (more if you can) and play it. It's awesome!
    If you don't really like the series, there is really no point on playing, as this is basically a playable episode.

A very awesome, worth your money episode.
  76. Mar 17, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much from this game from the game play side but it was one of my favorite things!

The only problem you going to have with this game is if you don't like South Parks Humor your not going to like this game.
  77. Mar 9, 2014
    I love South Park, so this review *might* be biased, but I'll try and play Devil's Advocate wherever possible. It'll also be a short, spoiler-free review, for the PC VERSION.

So, £40/$60? If you're a PC guy, then you know that blockbusters like Hitman or Tomb Raider were only £25, so why is this £40? Because Ubisoft. And this game doesn't have reliability, being a TV to Game, so logically, it seems like a cash-in by Matt and Trey.

If you think this, boy you'll be wrong like I was.

Not much can be said about this game in a spoiler-free fashion, but if you're like me who's seen every South Park episode over and over, you'll love every bit of reference this game makes.

There are only two issues I can see:
    1) Some achievements are impossible if you missed something during a story sequence, prompting multiple (4+) playthroughs to achieve certain ones. Some people, like me, would embrace the opportunity to replay the game, but some people don't like this, so if you're an achievement hunter, bare that in mind.
    2) THIS GAME IS FAR TOO EASY. I started playing on Normal difficulty, found it too easy, so I upped it to Hardcore halfway through, and I still only died outside of combat from things like mouse traps or fire. So a patch or a mod that makes the game harder is in order. I got the Hoarder achievement on my first playthrough because I never needed to sell anything!

Conclusion: £40/$60 is steep for PC, so wait for Lord Gaben to bestow offers upon us, but if you're a console guy (*cough* peasants *cough*) I highly recommend this game.
  78. Mar 6, 2014
    First time ever that I have played a South Park game. This game contains soo much the mix of things that I like: good/bad humour, rpg, fun dialogs and so on. I like the serie, but I love the game. A must buy for a fan of South Park. Playing is like watching an episode (a long episode).
  79. Mar 6, 2014
    Humor is wonderful, all the finale of the series are collected in one place. Gameplay is the beginning of a monotonous, but then interesting. On account of graphics and sound and should not s-s-s-stutter. My game 2014!
  80. Mar 7, 2014
    Game is awesome, i was so happy play in this game, because game is joke is over people, like a serial.
    Alot of wacky, vulgar jokes and because of it "South Park" 1 of the my favorites game.
    FUN FUN FUN
  81. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Como juego es lineal y algo repetitivo.
    Como historia, es lo más brutal, descojonante, crudo, irreal, outstanding, inmersivo y anti-todo que he visto en mi vida.
    Una pasada, no paro de sorprenderme, extrañarme y descojonarme. Es un cúmulo de cosas difícilmente descriptibles si no lo pruebas.
    Hardcore total, y vamos, hay que jugarlo sí o sí.
  82. Mar 8, 2014
    This game is highly offensive and intolerant to certain minorities. The jokes are racist, insensitive, and in bad taste. I was shocked and appalled that after playing a few hours, I had to uninstall the game. 10/10
  83. Mar 11, 2014
    The game that makes you ponder if you're breaking the law while playing it. Awesomely perverted and funny like South Park should be. Simplified RPG mechanics makes the game a joy to play. You can enjoy the "show" while building up your character. I would give it full 10, but it has occasional bugs (mostly visual and rarely) and map system could be better, but it's still fine. DefinitelyThe game that makes you ponder if you're breaking the law while playing it. Awesomely perverted and funny like South Park should be. Simplified RPG mechanics makes the game a joy to play. You can enjoy the "show" while building up your character. I would give it full 10, but it has occasional bugs (mostly visual and rarely) and map system could be better, but it's still fine. Definitely the funniest game I've ever played. This game made me happy. Expand
  84. Mar 16, 2014
    Great game, one of the best in this year but bit too easy and short. QTE when u have to spam with 'S' button are way to hard but if ppl can't pass Anal Probe in Alen's Spaceship they are just retarted.
  85. Mar 20, 2014
    This game is not meant to be a 100+ RPG because of the fact that its charm comes from the fact its actually funny and uses its history to benefit. Its at a perfect length and comes to a great ending. References are common and the gameplay is smart as well as puzzle integrated into the world. My only problem is when enemies become nothing to the weapon you have and that the only way to killThis game is not meant to be a 100+ RPG because of the fact that its charm comes from the fact its actually funny and uses its history to benefit. Its at a perfect length and comes to a great ending. References are common and the gameplay is smart as well as puzzle integrated into the world. My only problem is when enemies become nothing to the weapon you have and that the only way to kill is to grab the highest weapon you can find and its not tailored to your class (Example: Having a Katana as a Thief). Expand
  86. Mar 13, 2014
    The game is highly polished and everything seems to be crafted very carefully to the details. Fans of the series actually will enjoy this game very much.

Obsidian did a really great job on interaction/cutscenes, very fluid and seamless. Combat is very enjoyable and if you're JRPG fans, you;ll probably feel at home with its turn-based Final Fantasy-like combat. However, as a WRPG fan, I still enjoy the combat very much.

It's like seeing a longer episode of South Park, but you're actually interacting with the world. It is FAR better than the last South Park movie which has a little bit "forced" feel. This game however, delivered EXACTLY what would the fans of the series would expected. And there're tons of unpredictability within this game, and if you're some sort of achievement, perfectionist hunter, this game will keep you busy for awhile.

$60 is a bit too much asking price if I may say. It''s very SHORT. Finished it within 2 days (about 20 hours or so) and there aren't much replayability after you finish the game.

It's helluva fun "interactive episode" tho. Albeit short.
  87. Apr 4, 2014
    I was surprised at how much i enjoyed this game. Well balanced, fun, what's not to like really. My only real complaints are that it felt a bit on rails, there wasn't much in the way of side quests and i don't think any real branching storyline. Would of preferred if it had been longer.
  88. Mar 13, 2014
    Probably the best RPG I have played in recent years. My only gripes are the abortion sequences that are a bit unresponsive which makes it damn hard but overall its a hilarious and entertaining game from start to finish.
  89. m3k
    Apr 30, 2014
    Perfect in almost every way, if you are a South Park fan. If not you won't understand the story at all. I would of given it a 10 but it needs to be harder. Even on the hardest setting it is still to easy, don't get me wrong it isn't kid friendly easy I just want a little bit more of a challenge. Great combat system, great story, great graphics.
  90. May 3, 2014
    If you like video games and South Park then The Stick of Truth is an easy reccomendation and a worthwhile purchase. It's essentially a lite-RPG which plays like an extremely long episode of South Park. Though as a game there isn't a lot that is great about it. It's an average RPG with a very good South Park paint job. This is the South Park game you've been waiting for, but not theIf you like video games and South Park then The Stick of Truth is an easy reccomendation and a worthwhile purchase. It's essentially a lite-RPG which plays like an extremely long episode of South Park. Though as a game there isn't a lot that is great about it. It's an average RPG with a very good South Park paint job. This is the South Park game you've been waiting for, but not the surprise of the year. Expand
  91. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Condensed]

Honestly, there really aren't too many issues to be found with this game, aside from maybe if you don't enjoy the sense of humor it employs, or haven't really paid too much attention to the show- which could mean you miss quite a few references. There are a few technical hiccups on consoles, but curiously many of them are absent on computers- so that would be the route I'd go, given the opportunity and for want of a better game experience. Skins may sometimes glitch out of existence, entire inventory objects may sometimes disappear, and entering areas could cause framerate drops- but never anything truly permanent came to pass. This was, note, all on the Xbox systems that I noticed issues, not the play Station ones or PC. All in all, the experience is grand, enjoyable, and the objectives are faithful and unique to say the least.

Concept: Make a good South Park game, and succeed, for the first time in nearly twenty years it seems. This is truly a milestone.

Graphics: Well, it really looks like a South Park episode, so that's quite an accomplishment as well (as emulating style and design goes).

Sound: I'm glad they were able to get the voice work of series pros (Stone/Parker), as anything other that that would be noticeably fake I would think. As far as music itself goes, as with the show there isn't much, but it does work well in the particular moments of drama and need.

Playability: It's a really unique and well pieced together game full of traditional and not so conventional RPG elements that mesh together pretty well for the most part. All in all, a fun adventure and entirely playable experience.

Entertainment: Very funny, and therefore very entertaining- from both a game and humor perspective.

Replay Value: Moderately High.

Overall Score: 9.0
  92. Apr 21, 2014
    Very entertaining if you're a fan of the show. It's set up to look just like the show, so much so that sometimes you'll forget it's a game and not a long episode. The gameplay is surprisingly addictive, and deeper than you would expect. You'll likely spend a lot of time finishing side quests just to make sure you get all the little references and jokes.
  93. Mar 14, 2014
    This game was great fun. Any south park enthusiast will find plenty to keep them going and the battle and leveling systems while sort of minimalist are really engaging.
  94. Apr 2, 2014
    This game is a South Park episode. Actually it is a few 'best of' South Park episodes put together. You feel and act like you are really there. Everything is perfect. If you like South Park then get this game plane and simple. If you like RPGs or Quest games then this is for you. If you like dark humor, pick this game up now. If you have problems with people of authority, this is yourThis game is a South Park episode. Actually it is a few 'best of' South Park episodes put together. You feel and act like you are really there. Everything is perfect. If you like South Park then get this game plane and simple. If you like RPGs or Quest games then this is for you. If you like dark humor, pick this game up now. If you have problems with people of authority, this is your baby... I think you get my point. Expand
  95. May 18, 2014
    About as amazing a game as could possibly be made within the framework of South Park. Deserves a 10 for content. Only giving it a 9 because the controls were extremely awkward on PC.
  96. Mar 14, 2014
    Funniest game I've ever played. Well done to Trey and Matt for pulling this off, was skeptical at first when I heard it was going to be a RPG-type game but really impressed with the final outcome and of how much it looks like an actual episode when you play it and not just the cut scenes. Will definitely be revisiting when new DLC is added!
  97. Nov 30, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth is an absolutely brilliant game, for many reasons. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have excellently translated South Park's style into video game format - this game is fun to play, yet at the same time hilarious in every possible way.

A large number of the characters that have ever appeared in the South Park TV show make an appearance in this game, even if some just appear in loading screens, and the dialogue has been carefully crafted to be absolutely hilarious every step of the way, not just for fans of the original series who might pick up on some of the references - even but for these references the dialogue is still hilarious enough on its own to be enjoyable for just about any player, be they a South park aficionado or someone who has never seen the show - Some of the references went right over my head, but it did not detract from the game's experience whatsoever.

This probably isn't the sort of game, however, for a hardcore gamer who looks for a deep and rich gaming experience - This may be an RPG, but it takes the piss out of its own genre more than it tries to emulate it, as such it's not the deepest experience gameplay-wise, however in spite of this it is still very much fun to play, because in all honesty it's clearly not supposed to be played as a serious RPG. It's meant to be played as a pisstake of the genre it belongs to, and in that sense it hits the nail right on the head.

Another thing that makes this game unique is the fact that, in making The Stick of Truth, Trey Parker and Matt Stone have essentially translated the South Park format directly into a video game, art style and all. It truly feels like you are playing out an episode of the series, which makes for a unique and interesting gameplay experience.

A word of warning however: In achieving the level of comedy that it does, the game is also very, very, VERY politically incorrect. Just like the original TV show, there is probably something in there that will offend everyone, from abortions to Nazis to sex - and if it doesn't offend you, it becomes absolutely hilarious.

To summarise, South Park: The Stick of Truth is an absolutely brilliant, game. The dialogue between characters will have you aching with laughter, the gameplay is easy but fun, and the fact that it looks almost exactly like an episode of South Park makes it all the better. True, it may not be the deepest RPG experience, or a very politically correct game, but that's because it isn't meant to be. What it is meant to be is a piss-take of the genre it belongs to and an immensely offensive yet side-splittingly hilarious satire- and just like the series it is based off, it does that very, very well.

Final score: 10/10. Most definitely worth your time and money.
  98. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is hilarious. It takes the show and inserts you right into the action. I really enjoyed the many references. The level up system was fantastic, and it was overall a flawless game. Maybe a little inappropriate though.
  99. Mar 11, 2014
    Thast game is full happiness. It's outstanding and enjoyable, if you like south park, that game will be a great peace in south park franchise. Awesome characters, combat is really tactical, the story is really fun, and we can let kenny die :D
  100. Mar 13, 2014
    People (especially the one review from IGN) really gave this game a hard time because of the fighting system. In all honesty, if you don't know how to play an RPG already or don't understand how they work, why bother? This game was true to the show and how events roll out in the show. It was also had the real RPG feel.

Some negative reviews are from people who didn't understand why they

Some negative reviews are from people who didn't understand why they made you go through the funny scenes to get the magic abilities. They also were confused that you didn't actually use the abilities like that. I feel sorry for some of the negative reviewers for that.

All-in-all, this is a great game if you love RPGs. I did bump it down 1 point because on the PC version, it takes a long time to sell junk and that was a bit annoying.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    I didn't expect anything from this South Park RPG, but The Stick of Truth is one of the best license games ever made. It's as obnoxious as the TV series, as it should be. The script is made with love and the RPG elements fit in to the franchise like a glove. [March 2014]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Apr 9, 2014
    Almost flawless. [May 2014, p.63]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    The game takes its time to ramp up the pace but when it gets going, it doesn't stop. [Issue #240]