8.6

1. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is Oustanding. My first thought was, What?! $60 for a game about poop jokes? But No, I haven't had this much fun in an RPG since the Original Pokemon, and that's what this game keeps reminding me of, with the added fun of the ENTIRE South Park universe. EVERYTHING IS HERE, everything from Tom's Rhinoplasty, to Al Gore hiding in the Bushes. Every line of Dialogue brings a chuckleThis game is Oustanding. My first thought was, What?! $60 for a game about poop jokes? But No, I haven't had this much fun in an RPG since the Original Pokemon, and that's what this game keeps reminding me of, with the added fun of the ENTIRE South Park universe. EVERYTHING IS HERE, everything from Tom's Rhinoplasty, to Al Gore hiding in the Bushes. Every line of Dialogue brings a chuckle after another, and It's all done right.

The Combat is turn based, and s executed in a fun and engaging way, there is no waiting for the enemy to take their turn, you're constantly engaged with attempting to block enemy attacks and countering.

For the first hour I just looked through Cartmans house, Played the "taking a **** minigame, then playing with his moms ****

Literally Skyrim+Pokemon= This game
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    Amazing. Disgusting. Immersive. Hilarious. Offensive. Intriguing. Silly. Ridiculous. Great. Fun.

Plays like Paper Mario, and talks a whole lot of sh*t. Literally. You will be doing a lot of farting, and you will love every minute of it.

Best. RPG. In. Years.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth is the best game in "years"....and it's better than the show. Wonderful world, story, gameplay. I rarely give a 10 out of 10. No game can get close to South Park: The Stick of Truth!
  4. Oct 21, 2014
    One of the best RPG's I've ever played! The game completely captures every aspect of the show (animations/graphics/design, characters and story, jokes/humor, etc), and fully immerses you in the world they've WONDERFULLY re-created.

Combat: Combat is excellent, where you (and your partner) and your enemy take turns in striking, biting, and shooting each other. There are some other

Combat:
    Combat is excellent, where you (and your partner) and your enemy take turns in striking, biting, and shooting each other. There are some other features which you use in combat, such as Power Points or "PP", which allows you to use special moves that vary according to which class you choose (I will go into more detail about classes later on the review), theirs potions that have different effects and power ups, which can help you in battle.

Story:
    The story, which is probably the most important thing in a game, especially when it comes to a T.V. Show licensed game, is perfect! Totally immerses you into the game and it's characters; where you have multiple options, each of which can change the outcome of your current situation. You can either charge in head-on, or you can take the stealthy route and sneak by, or you can use the environment around you to make upcoming combat/traps a bit easier to succeed in. The ending: VERY satisfying and funny.

World/Environment:
    They perfectly capture the essence of South Park, with interactive characters and a beautifully redesigned world, parts which are destructible, and in most cases, hilarious. They even have a little 16-bit re-creation of Canada, which is almost as interactive as South Park itself! With all this, it really makes you feel like your living in your favorite T.V. Show's universe.

Don't really need to say much more that except, they really couldn't of done it much better. It gave South Park fans the game they deserved! With over 15 hours of gameplay (including side quests) which is average for an open-world RPG, I PROUDLY give this game a 10/10.
  5. Dec 5, 2014
    This was a surprisingly fun game. Thanks to the Users Reviews of Metacritic for recommending it.

Why an 8? It felt very short for an RPG. And while I like most of South Parks humor at other times it goes waaay too far lol. I felt guilty and uncomfortable at times, but that's what South Park is all about. The gameplay is easy to grasp. The story is easy to follow. And the easter eggs

The gameplay is easy to grasp. The story is easy to follow. And the easter eggs are fun to find. Overall, if you can handle watching an alien probe go into someone's butt, don't mind adventuring through a human's lower intestines or pretending to give a man an abortion, then you will definitely enjoy this game.
  6. Jan 27, 2016
    It's a great... South Park cartoon episode. It's as simple as that - the license and a good scenario made of everything that appeared in SP cartoons make this game noticeable. If not the SP paint all over it, no one would even know such game exists.
    Because the game is awful and by its nature doesn't deserve any price tag at all. There were more compelling flash games on Newgrounds back in early 2000.
  7. Apr 15, 2015
    This game is a fantastic, wise-cracking, video game trope mocking, charming experience, even with the presence of giant aborted Nazi fetuses. If you aren't a fan of South Park, than this isn't a game you should buy. But for everyone else, you get to experience a whole season of South Park, and you are the main character. It has plenty of fart jokes for the immature, and deeper humor forThis game is a fantastic, wise-cracking, video game trope mocking, charming experience, even with the presence of giant aborted Nazi fetuses. If you aren't a fan of South Park, than this isn't a game you should buy. But for everyone else, you get to experience a whole season of South Park, and you are the main character. It has plenty of fart jokes for the immature, and deeper humor for the immature with good taste. From using poop nuggets as a weapon, to deeper jokes mocking overdone video game cliches (such as Nazi Zombies and finding Audiolog collectables), it will make you smirk. Loved characters from the series, both main and supporting, show up. You'll become Facebook friends with all 4 leading boys, Priest Maxi, Al Gore, the Prince of Canada, and everyone in between.
    The only negative aspects of the game is its appeal to only those who enjoy South Park, and its little to no re-playability. There are no class specific weapons or abilities to justify playing it again as a different class. I was a "Mage", but ended up using mostly melee weapons to knock the crap out of some of Cartman's humans.
    However, it is a great piece of work that will make you laugh maniacally while you explosively vomit with disgust. I absolutely recommend!
  8. Jul 6, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth was a lot of fun to play. Not many games out there that are made with the idea of making you laugh so this was a welcome change. This game in a way to me picked up the torch of conkers bad fur day. We need more games that poke fun and parody things so don't miss out on this if your looking for something different.
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    "Never fart on someone's balls". That is pretty much the gist of it. Obsidian somehow managed to give us the freedom to make our own South Park episode. Let me tell you, it's going to be a weird time.
  10. Mar 17, 2016
    Don't expect an unbiased review here, I am an outright huge South Park fan.

Don't expect an unbiased review here, I am an outright huge South Park fan.

Whilst it downloaded I remember thinking to myself, "Will I regret this pricey purchase", and "Will this end up just another South Park failure in the media of video games" ... It's been a long journey here, let's face it. All the previous South Park games felt like the scripts were lifted from the episodes and, if anything, made me think "Trey Parker, stop stealing my money for **** ... but then... the game opens... I create a character (charming, in that South Park way) and then enter the town of South Park and straight into meeting Butters & shortly after, Cartman.
    At this point, just 10 minutes in, I loved it. Unapologetically loved it. Like a giant ball of South Park memorabilia, exploring the town and playing "Lord of the Rings" with the kids was exceptionally fun, and I was happy. Then the game takes a darker turn. Then a darker turn after that. Then it goes to the bottom of the bucket of all that is poor taste and scrapes along eagerly to be the outright offensive. This is when you know the boys did good. Finally a South Park game gamers can not only enjoy for being the lure of South Park itself, but also for being a genuinely fun RPG!

I won't put in spoilers, but farting on balls, Manbearpig, nazi zombies and a lot worse make for an incredible little journey whereby you will get to meet or use every character in the South Park world.

Why not a 10?

The game ended. It ended and left me upset. It is only 30hours long or so, and I completed it in 38hours including collecting everything etc.

I can't wait to get South Park Fractured But Whole in the near future now on my PS4 ideally!!
  11. Mar 12, 2015
    To enjoy South Park: The Stick of Truth you really have to enjoy the show, or else you will probably come into this game and leaving it saying "what the #%!$". It's humor is disgusting and crude, but very hilarious. The style will also throw you off a ton. It's like an oldschool RPG were the main characters name is douchebag! Yep!

You may not be used to the "wait your turn" RPG style of

You may not be used to the "wait your turn" RPG style of this game, but the humor is hilarious and just a blast to play through. There are different loot you can find and buy. It really is a great game for fans of the TV show. It's pretty cheap nowadays, so do yourself a favor and buy this game.
  12. Jul 11, 2015
    This game is really fun and I enjoyed every minute when playing this game. The soundtrack is awesome and it was hilarious. The only reason why I give this a 8 is because its a little to easy to play but besides that it was a good buy.
  13. Jul 1, 2015
    Finally, we have come full circle where a turn based RPG like Paper Mario and Final Fantasy 7 is bringing it once again. It is a seamless TV to game port the way you always wanted them to be and it is about time somebody nailed it. You will be in a 15-16 hour mini season completely immersed in the South Park World. The obvious full support and participation of the show creators go far toFinally, we have come full circle where a turn based RPG like Paper Mario and Final Fantasy 7 is bringing it once again. It is a seamless TV to game port the way you always wanted them to be and it is about time somebody nailed it. You will be in a 15-16 hour mini season completely immersed in the South Park World. The obvious full support and participation of the show creators go far to make this game what it is. I only snatched two points for the price to time ratio ($4.00 an hour is insane) and how easy to beat it can be. Compared to the 80-100+ playing hours of full RPGs and the easy to win factor this is certainly more a JRPG. Those negatives aside, its worth the overprice.This game is a lesson game studios should take note of. I would love to see more of the Final Fantasy type turn based games to sit along side this overdue masterpiece (developers take a hint). More please (=:) Expand
  14. Jul 14, 2015
    Muy bien lograda la mezcla del mundo south park y el rpg. La historia muy buena y nunca se hace monótona. Quizás se podría haber aprovechado mejor poniendo más personajes en las luchas.
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    Best use of a movie or tv license EVER. The next best thing is probably Battlefront II, which is 8 years old now. This is one of the funniest and most fun games ever made and manages to make fun of its own genre like none other. If you like south park it is an instant buy. If you like crude humor or JRPS then this is an instant buy for you as well
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    Outrageously fun and hilariously funny outrages game. If you like South Park even a little there is so much fun to be had being part of their little mountain town. The game is turn based RPG but it is so well done that even during fights it hard not to laugh.
    There is no difference in the presentation of the show and the game it self, so the game graphics are 100% balls-deep on the money.
    Killing a nazi zombie kitten that shouts nazi voice clips at you and then finding shiny boots as junk item, well does it get any better then this. Oh yes it does...

Talking about polish ...wow... no bugs, I played for hours and the game is solid as a mountain rock. So refreshing to get a new game that is not broken right out of the bat.
    I don't think there is a better movie/series license game out there. DLC and sequels are more then welcome.

Are you not entertained...

This..Is...Ssssouth Park....
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    Southpark: The Stick of Truth is a game I've been waiting for for too long, and to be honest - I had a feeling that it'll dissapoint me. I am very, very happy that I was wrong. As a long time fan of Southpark, this game is funny, fun to play and gives everything you want from a Southpark game. You actually feel like a character from the show, and the entire story is about you. I reallySouthpark: The Stick of Truth is a game I've been waiting for for too long, and to be honest - I had a feeling that it'll dissapoint me. I am very, very happy that I was wrong. As a long time fan of Southpark, this game is funny, fun to play and gives everything you want from a Southpark game. You actually feel like a character from the show, and the entire story is about you. I really hope to see a DLC some day, or even another game of Obsidian about Sothpark. Options are limitless when it comes to Southpark. Expand
  18. Mar 4, 2014
    is long, it's addictive, it's entertaining contains original voices, great music, good script done by their original creators. never get tired of laughing. the best game I have been playing for a year
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    A surprisingly fun and addictive RPG. Especially fun if you watched most of the south park seasons as there are tons of references and easter-eggs all over the game. You won't be disappointed!
  20. Mar 8, 2014
    This is a great game, I am glad that it finally came out. I am a big fan of south park and this game did not disappoint. cartman is still funny as anything and th gameplay is great, any fan of south park will enjoy this game, the only thing I didn't like is them taking parts out don't see why that had to happen but other then that one great game
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    Price, is a bit gougy, but who can argue with a game that looks, sounds, and appears to be a completely South Park Episode with perks on control and overall fart flattery. Not a g** d*** person, that's who. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a hilarious, well staged, game that places you in the body of a new kid that fits perfectly in a near-perfect replica of the South Park Shows designPrice, is a bit gougy, but who can argue with a game that looks, sounds, and appears to be a completely South Park Episode with perks on control and overall fart flattery. Not a g** d*** person, that's who. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a hilarious, well staged, game that places you in the body of a new kid that fits perfectly in a near-perfect replica of the South Park Shows design and graphical content level, with a JRPG Style kind of gameplay and combat system, this game takes the cake, or the beefy cakes right into the hall of fame for "Best Game to Be Based off a TV Show or Movie" Considering in the past games that have been generated from this kind of setting usually never peak above a 5.0 rating, this is a extraordinary occurance, Obsidian has done a great job in the RPG World and given us something to hope for if they ever again attempt to make another movie/show to game RPG.
    A few wonky control settings are the only issue, and unless your not used to WASD controls and not being able to pre-program your own controls "Recommendation, just use Pi" then you might have an issue with the game.
    Other than a few other balancing issues which I am sure will get "balanced out" in the near future, this game is sterling perfect, its not full silver glorious wonder, but its damn-near, and that is better than anything I could ever of hoped for.
    $60 is it worth it? Yes & No, but ask yourself, when was the last time you thought, I wonder what being a member of south park would really be like, because brother (or sister) this is as close and perfect a game that you will ever see, capable of doing it.
    Funny Level - 10 of 10
    Weirdness Level 8 of 10 (Typical for a South Park Episode)
    Ackwardness Level 9 of 10 (A lot of really F***ed up scenes)
    Action Level 9 of 10 (Its a JRPG with LARP which is great!)
    Shock and Awe Moments (Way, way too many!) - I love it!!!!
  22. Mar 6, 2014
    If you are a fan of south park, this game is a must purchase. Absolutely brilliant. There is a ton of dialog, recorded by the same voices as the show. Side quests as just as good as the main story and no grinding to level your character.
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    Oh my god this has got to be one of my most favourite games ever.
    Played through the main story line in two days, and I kind of wish that I had spaced it out more, but the time was well spent. The on going story becomes increasingly ridiculous and hilarious, exhilarating and exciting. What a little nine year old can do to save the town, and the stick of truth? I urge you to find out.
    Oh my god this has got to be one of my most favourite games ever.
    What's better is, everything that I can remember in all of South Park is in this game! All of the notable shops, characters, side gags, you name it. This game captures to sense of the telly programme perfectly, and is honestly worth the initial steep price of forty quid.
    Please buy this.
  24. Mar 9, 2014
    Simply amazing. Laugh out loud funny and a pretty darn good game as well. An absolutely must play for every South Park fan, and even deserving of a play through for barely casual viewers as well. A hallowed entry into the laughably short list of funny and fun game adaptations of a TV license, along with Beavis & Butt-head Do U and Simpsons Hit n Run. The game can take anywhere from 10-20Simply amazing. Laugh out loud funny and a pretty darn good game as well. An absolutely must play for every South Park fan, and even deserving of a play through for barely casual viewers as well. A hallowed entry into the laughably short list of funny and fun game adaptations of a TV license, along with Beavis & Butt-head Do U and Simpsons Hit n Run. The game can take anywhere from 10-20 hours depending if you rush through it or try to explore all it has to offer.

If you've never seen an episode of South Park, stay away (and rethink your life choices).

PS: It is hilarious how many people gave this 0-3 stars. These people belong in Camp Tardicaca
  25. Mar 6, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played, I even made an account to say this, the story, the quests and the ending that ending was amazing, it seemed that I was actually in one of the episodes. Forget what I've said before because it's not one of the best, I actually am going to call it the best game I've ever played, because it brought on of my favourite universes and gave it life, and thenOne of the best games I've ever played, I even made an account to say this, the story, the quests and the ending that ending was amazing, it seemed that I was actually in one of the episodes. Forget what I've said before because it's not one of the best, I actually am going to call it the best game I've ever played, because it brought on of my favourite universes and gave it life, and then put me in it! Truly a remarkable experience for any south park fan. BTW I've seen a lot of people that didn't understand a part and I recommend you watch all seasons of south park from 1 to 17. Expand
  26. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Leave it to obsidian to make South Park's entry into the RPG genre a smashing success! If you are a fan of the series the laughs more than make up for its shortcomings!

More accurately

I have quested inside a gay mans ass, taken down an alien ship, thwarted an evil government agency disguised as taco bell, performed an abortion on both a man and a thermonuclear device, killed a celebrity's nazi fetus, slain a cow, and battled an anime style magical girl atop a dark citadel, and finally got rhinoplasty to look like David Hasselhoff .... The actual **** did I just play?
  27. Mar 6, 2014
    As a South Park game, this is easily a 10/10. If you aren't familiar with the show, maybe an 8. All my favorite characters were here. Tons of references and also new jokes that range from clever to quite shocking. Don't play this game with kids in the room. It's like playing a really long episode of the tv show.

There is exploration, character customization (though you can't actually

There is exploration, character customization (though you can't actually play a girl, you can cross dress...uh, if you're into that sort of thing...), there is no actual dialog as you play a mute - and the game takes ever opportunity to make fun of that. Not a lot of real choices and consequences or super deep gameplay. The combat is turn based, but with timed attacks/blocks and Quick Time Events for some special moves.

I will say that if you hate South Park humor, you will hate this game. Violence, nudity, sacrilege, potty humor, anal torture, abortions, a full on (somewhat censored) sex scene - this game goes quite a bit further even than the show, but I found myself laughing the whole time.

On the whole, I'd recommend it to anyone who loves South Park style humor. Really refreshing to see that the developers put so much effort into the game, rather than make a shameless cash grab like so many would have.
  28. Mar 9, 2014
    Worth it. Story is long. Good number of side missions. One good thing is that in combat you dont have to wait for your turn to end, you can do blocking and counter attack. It is a nice touch. The game has weapons and also weapons like **** Jokes are really funny. Buy it. some specific stages will astonish you
  29. Mar 18, 2014
    For all its worth South Park the video game is a faithful recreation of what we wanted out of the game. The Town is nicely done and all the characters are faithfully recreated to what we remember of the TV series. That being said the combat is far to easy, battles reassembling elements of Paper Mario series is way to easy to beat even on hard mode. Game is really not meant for minorsFor all its worth South Park the video game is a faithful recreation of what we wanted out of the game. The Town is nicely done and all the characters are faithfully recreated to what we remember of the TV series. That being said the combat is far to easy, battles reassembling elements of Paper Mario series is way to easy to beat even on hard mode. Game is really not meant for minors either. Very Graphic and vulgar stuff especially in some part will put off people. Game is short for a RPG but this isn't really a RPG more so a South Park episode or more of the effect Season of it.

Please note this was done on PC on a mid range 3D card (7k series Radeon) and I-5 processor. Game ran great and no issues on frame rate or tearing occurred.
  30. May 9, 2014
    While I am personally not a fan of the show, I find its over the top crude humor quite abit distastful, I say this game to be a master piece for one big reason: It was made for the fans.

Most movie/tv show tie-in games tend to be a attempt to rip off popular games at the time to attract new people to the movie/tv show or to just try and ring some cheap profits out of the fans. Because of this they fail spectacularly. The Stick of Truth does not fall to this.

The Stick of Truth feels you like are inside and part of a South Park episode or movie, it does not rely on cheap gimmicks or trying to "broaden the audience". The graphics are not 3d hd bloomfests with hyper realistic animation, they exactly like the show. The voice acting isn't needless celebrity voices, they are the voices from the show. The gameplay is pretty simply and intuitive, a few puzzles here and there, combat is fun and the attacks are hilarious with each class having pretty cool abilities. The companion attacks are hilarious. There is little to no "grinding" needed to continue the story, so people who don't play many RPGs are not turned off. To top it off there are more than a few homages to past and present RPGs and several satirical passes at various video game tropes.

Going back to my original statement, this game was made for the fans. It is not some watered down, executive pandering lump of failure. I am not a fan, this game was not made for me, and it shouldn't be. It was made for the fans and that is EXACTLY how these types of games SHOULD BE.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    I didn't expect anything from this South Park RPG, but The Stick of Truth is one of the best license games ever made. It's as obnoxious as the TV series, as it should be. The script is made with love and the RPG elements fit in to the franchise like a glove. [March 2014]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Apr 9, 2014
    Almost flawless. [May 2014, p.63]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    The game takes its time to ramp up the pace but when it gets going, it doesn't stop. [Issue #240]