Space Colony PC

7.5

1. AdamT.
    Aug 29, 2007
    I Frequently play this, and would recommend buying the full game to anyone! It's not like sims, It's more intelligent and requires stratigy. I'm campaigning for an SDK to be released, a patch and even submitting Space Colony 2 Ideas to the Developers! The Demo does not compare to the full game! The Full game is so much better!
  2. PeterU.
    May 12, 2006
    With The Sims you have to do every day the same thing. Wash, eet, work, play, eet, sleep. Space colony is very diffrent, peeps are smarter and there is more action going on. It's to mutch to explain so just play the demo. if you play the demo you'll know exacly what the game is like.
  3. JasonW.
    Oct 4, 2003
    If you like The Sims you will feel right at home with this game. Its perhaps a little hard on some missions trying to keep a hold on all of your peeps, but its a challenge and a fun one to boot. I like the comments and phrases the characters come out with depending on the situation. Its an interesting game and if you like this type of genre you should at least check out the demo and give If you like The Sims you will feel right at home with this game. Its perhaps a little hard on some missions trying to keep a hold on all of your peeps, but its a challenge and a fun one to boot. I like the comments and phrases the characters come out with depending on the situation. Its an interesting game and if you like this type of genre you should at least check out the demo and give it a try, you may be pleasently supprised. ;) Expand
  4. KayleighM.
    Oct 27, 2003
    Once you build things there is nothing to do after that but just keep the game going by working on the electricity and oxygen so overall an averege game.
  5. KayleighM.
    Oct 27, 2003
  6. KeithJ.
    Apr 15, 2004
    Only a few minor bugs and lack of a multiplayer option prevent it from being a "10".
  7. Supa77
    Nov 1, 2003
    I've only played the demo, but I'm getting this game! I like the graphics, love the characters and the complete package is a sure hit with me. If you want a mix of The Sims and Amiga classic Utopia, this is your game too.
  8. RussellF.
    Nov 15, 2003
    There was a previous comment that identified space colony to Utopia, an old Atari ST game, and that is exactly what it is Utopia 2003 and a damn good game (demo) as well. When I first started playing the demo I though it mediocre but after a while it sort of snags you and you find yourself going back to it. I am definitely getting a full copy. It has that "I'll just go a bit longer" factor.
  9. Apr 21, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games to date. It has a neat mix of sims style game play with space building and exploration. the aliens you face are a nuisance and a blast to contend with. I think this is really a hidden gem and did not get the fans nor attention it deserved.

Combining the addictive life-simulation aspects of The Sims with real-time strategy elements, Firefly Studios has produced Space Colony, a tough, funny, and very charismatic hybrid.
  2. And that's where Space Colony breaks down a little - way, way too much to deal with. At times, you'll be so busy just trying to keep up with every gameplay element that it starts to lose its fun.
  3. Firefly has offered a level editor with the game, allowing players to compile their own campaigns or swap them over the net, but I can't see this breathing much life into a title that exhausts its appeal so quickly. Nevertheless, it's undoubtedly one for the management fetishists.