5.3

1. Feb 28, 2017
    The game was fun for only a few hours, and that's coming from a WH40K fan. While it does look amazing, both graphics-wise and when ti comes to design, it is spot on. However, the gameplay is severly lacking. It offers a generic Space Marine Terminator arsenal, with melee combat and psychic powers which both feel very disconnected and without weight. There is no customization, practicallyThe game was fun for only a few hours, and that's coming from a WH40K fan. While it does look amazing, both graphics-wise and when ti comes to design, it is spot on. However, the gameplay is severly lacking. It offers a generic Space Marine Terminator arsenal, with melee combat and psychic powers which both feel very disconnected and without weight. There is no customization, practically no leveling system, imbalanced weapons and bland characters with a bland story. The only thing this game is good for is for those combat encounters which really make you feel like a Space Marine mowing down hordes of xenos, but apart from that, unfortunately, not much else. Expand
  2. Dec 15, 2016
    It seems only fanboys or critics write here and score idiotically. No game that works is for a 0 score and only fantastic masterpieces deserve 10.
    My score here is 6, based for now purely on single play. I will adjust after some proper time spent in multi.
    Pros: +Graphics and design +Audio SFX & Voice +Setting holds true to WH40K universe +Combat is frantic and generally well
    Pros:
    +Graphics and design
    +Audio SFX & Voice
    +Setting holds true to WH40K universe
    +Combat is frantic and generally well balanced

Middle ground:
    *Customization options (only weapon unlocks and nothing you would not expect)
    *Progression (limited skill tree)
    *Optimization (I can't complain in 2K and GTX 1070 it is around 60 frames, but I can imagine lower specs will have issues with this game)

Cons:
    -Music (basically there is none)
    -Mission (not level) design, I know this is backed by setting, but often backtracking is tiring.
    -Limited enemy pool
  3. Dec 14, 2016
    Graphics and atmosphere are a plus. However, the bugs are omnipresent. The framerate is horrible even when tuning down. The coop mode is a joke, no progression, no customization. I'm very disappointed and i expected a lot more. They released this game way too soon. It's simply not ready.
  4. Dec 15, 2016
    Mediocre. With better optimization and a discount you can raise the score to 7. Playable with friends but there's better games out there. Example vermintide is similar but better in every way.
  5. Dec 15, 2016
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

It appears that the two week extension certainly wasn't enough to fix one of the most important and widely reported problems in the beta : The framerate drop. Whilst the tutorial plays with no problems, as soon as you are told that "you aren't alone", frame rate drops to such a low value that movement is impossible. In addition to that audio breaks up
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

In addition to that audio breaks up constantly, and the intro movie to the single player mode was stuttering all over the place too.

The good news is that it seems to only affect AMD processor users. Unfortunately the bad news is that this is the same problem that the "Squad" game had last year, and needed Epic to fix it. Whether they actually did or not, I dont know. Its also possible that Strueom are using an older version of the Unreal 4 engine. Either way, its a problem.

The graphics are certainly nice, and the training mission plays without problems, but unfortunately after that, the game falls down. Hard. Into a canyon. Filled with molten lead.

As of now, I would stay away.
  6. Dec 16, 2016
    -Melee combat is very disconnected & floaty, might as well be waving a cardboard tube around.
    -Heavily CPU dependent, barely uses the GPU, game freezes up regularly on 100% CPU spikes.
    -AI can be summed up as "spawn and waddle over to player" -Keybindings don't work properly, forget playing this if you do not have the standard querty keyboard layout. -UI is horribly designed and
    -AI can be summed up as "spawn and waddle over to player"
    -UI is horribly designed and painful to use
    -loading times that take around 5 minutes.

The only redeeming qualities of the game are the atmosphere & art design which are both very well done
  7. Dec 25, 2016
    I really like franchise of Warhammer 40K, but what is the crap I have seen? This game has a very bad optimization. Why to release such crude product? I buy the game but then after first start I get a bunch of bugs, crashes, freezes. I'm sorry but I can not play it, and I read reviews that game is uninteresting - maybe, maybe it is true... I set 0 points for the very bad optimization ofI really like franchise of Warhammer 40K, but what is the crap I have seen? This game has a very bad optimization. Why to release such crude product? I buy the game but then after first start I get a bunch of bugs, crashes, freezes. I'm sorry but I can not play it, and I read reviews that game is uninteresting - maybe, maybe it is true... I set 0 points for the very bad optimization of the game. I can say it is a good end of this year because such crap should not take place in 2017!!! Happy New Year! Expand
  8. Dec 18, 2016
    Space Hulk: Deathwing is an FPS adaptation of the 1989 Space Hulk board game and draws on the EA tactics games of the early 90s. As in the 93 game, this entry stars the famous first company of the secretive Dark Angels chapter of Warhammer 40,000's genetically-altered poster boys, the Space Marines: the white-armored Deathwing. A space hulk dubbed the "Olethros" has dropped out of the warpSpace Hulk: Deathwing is an FPS adaptation of the 1989 Space Hulk board game and draws on the EA tactics games of the early 90s. As in the 93 game, this entry stars the famous first company of the secretive Dark Angels chapter of Warhammer 40,000's genetically-altered poster boys, the Space Marines: the white-armored Deathwing. A space hulk dubbed the "Olethros" has dropped out of the warp in Imperial territory, and the psychics of the Dark Angels have recieved a vision of a lost artefact of their chapter and an imminent threat. As a Librarian, a battle-hardened psychic veteran, you will lead two other Deathwing marines in a series of missions to penetrate the hulk, battle the alien Genestealers and retreive a piece of your chapter's history.

Though a FPS, Deathwing's combat and overal pace are slower and chunkier then most other shooters out there. As you're wearing the incredibly bulky Tactical Dreadnought, or "Terminator" armor, movement speed is slow and sprinting is extremely limited- though conversely you can actually damage enemies by sprinting into them. Not unlike Space Marine, there is a fairly equal emphasis on melee and ranged combat, though this game lacks that one's comparitvely bombastic style and dramatic orchestral score, instead opting for imposing ambience of creaking metal, crumbling stone and the skittering of hostile claws. You may only carry a single firearm and melee weapon at a time, though you have unlimited reloads, though campaign or when playing the Librarian class in multiplayer, you can equip up to three psychic powers with various satisfying and devastating effects. Your enemies, the Genestealer horde, are numerous but don't have a terrible degree of variety or intelligence- some cloak, some spit, some can use guns or psychic lightning, and a handful are big. Mechanically speaking, it's nothing you haven't seen in other games. Their behaviours are extremely predictable, and their advantage lies in their numbers and aggressiveness.

Solid, if limited in scope, Deathwing has decent controls and excellent atmosphere and sound, and particularly I must praise the level design- the imposing Imperial architecture of the vessels you explore are particularly memorable when compared ot the brown and boring warzones of military shooters. The voice acting is also good, but the dialogue is extremely stock. At the very least your Librarian character has spoken lines, but he doesn't even get a name, with subtitles identifying him simply as "Me". The game is challenging even on normal difficulty, but perhaps not for all the right reasons: You have limited supplies in terms of times Brother Nahum, your medic can heal and times you can access the "psygate" armory to heal and resupply. Learning to block is likely vital, as it is in Vermintide- though perhaps not to the same degree. However, it is impossible to block certain types of damage, namely bullets and rockets, and your ponderous movement speed means they are also hard to dodge. You can alleviate a lot of your own headaches by equipping Brother Barachiel, your heavy weapon guy, with Lightning Claws with which to block a lot of incoming damage, and equipping yourself with the Plasma Cannon to blow multiple 'Stealers away with it's impressive area damage.

I also hear a lot about framerate and networking issues, and I myself have noticed steep frame loss when lots of Genestealers are on screen- which is often. There is also an issue where the game's collectibles, called Relics, may completely fail to spawn, necessitating restarting the current level. People I know that have the game report that while the campaign works enough to be playable, multiplayer is an absolute mess of disconnects and lag and they cannot finish even a single chapter. Considering this and the reviews, it's likely this game should have been delayed much longer then it was. However, as a veteran of Streum's previous title, EYE: Divine Cybermancy, I can tell you that optimization and bugfixes are probably a long time coming. I'm thankful to get this game as it is, and if you've got a powerful rig I can recommend it, with caution.
  9. Jan 5, 2017
    Finalizada la campaña, solo puedo decir que este juego es puro 40.000. Sombrío, tenebroso intenso por momentos, es la mejor representación del juego Space Hulk. Un trabajo artístico y de guión muy cuidado que denota que los creadores son amantes del cuadragésimo primer mileno. El apartado gráfico y la optimización después del parche que actualiza el juego a la versión 1.08 va muy fluido yFinalizada la campaña, solo puedo decir que este juego es puro 40.000. Sombrío, tenebroso intenso por momentos, es la mejor representación del juego Space Hulk. Un trabajo artístico y de guión muy cuidado que denota que los creadores son amantes del cuadragésimo primer mileno. El apartado gráfico y la optimización después del parche que actualiza el juego a la versión 1.08 va muy fluido y no baja de los 30fps aun cuando hay decenas de enemigos en pantalla y entornos enormes (como la catedral). Cierto que debió salir pulido y no con los fallos iniciales, pero se han puesto las pilas y los han solventado. Este juego ha sido injustamente puntuado y no lo pongo un 9 por la mala optimización inicial.
    ¡POR EL EMPERADOR!
  10. Dec 14, 2016
    I had assumed the final product would be an improvement from the Beta. I was wrong. The game is poorly optimized, to say the least. While my system is far from state-of-the-art, with a 4ghz 8-core CPU, Radeon Fury X video card, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD, I would expect at least passable framerates. As a test, I lowered all options down to their lowest possible settings, and still gotI had assumed the final product would be an improvement from the Beta. I was wrong. The game is poorly optimized, to say the least. While my system is far from state-of-the-art, with a 4ghz 8-core CPU, Radeon Fury X video card, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD, I would expect at least passable framerates. As a test, I lowered all options down to their lowest possible settings, and still got miserable framerates. As far as gameplay, no quicksave, only console-like save points. Weak. Very weak. During combat, you spend most of your time staring at the backs of your AI team mates, as the developers somehow decided it was more important that your team move directly and specfically into the middle of your crosshair the moment you open fire. Why move to a wall or behind cover when you can simply stand in the way? After the first level, you discover there is no real story or team development, such as would be found in Republic Commando or GTA 5. No, your fellow marines are just nameless, faceless automatons you barely know or care about. Actual battle with the enemy is a blur of blood, muzzle flashes, and mind-numbing repetition run at a whopping 20FPS. The enemy just tumbles out of their spawn points and rushes at you blindly. You barely feel any mastery or control over your weapons, just spray-and-pray. The zoom function with the assault cannon is particularly annoying, as the screen jumps around to the point of near uselessness. I could go on, but I think you get where I am going at this point. The game feel very much like an indie development, with a severe lack of attention to detail. I think a 2 or 3 would be a fair score, but given that I am seeing some 10 scores being posted by what are very clearly shills, I am forced to lower my score to zero to compensate. If you are looking for a fun game, look elsewhere, because this aint it. Expand
  11. Dec 14, 2016
    Amazing game with attention to detail. If you're looking for PROPER co-op game this is your choice. Wh40k universe provides loads of gore and blood and this game is not soft on player. You have to think and talk and coordinate your movement. Small bugs not connected with game itself more with hosting is more than acceptable on release date. Other than this minor bug, its AWESOME
  12. Dec 14, 2016
    This is a game made by fans for fans. If you're not a hardcore WH 40k fan - dodge this at all costs. The architecture of levels (not level design, but actual design) is great, it feels massive and a lot of love is put into it. Voice acting is good, so are the movies. Everything else is more suitable for a $10 indie game. Enemies are common and stupid, there are no physics, your squad isThis is a game made by fans for fans. If you're not a hardcore WH 40k fan - dodge this at all costs. The architecture of levels (not level design, but actual design) is great, it feels massive and a lot of love is put into it. Voice acting is good, so are the movies. Everything else is more suitable for a $10 indie game. Enemies are common and stupid, there are no physics, your squad is stupid, guns are generic, everything about the gameplay is stupid, srsly, Serious Sam 1 was more fun with that type of gameplay. Menu looks like it was made by a highschooler, upgrade system too. Relics found only have a name, no flair text, no explanation - nothing.
    This game should be treated as Spacehulk tourist simulator, nothing more.
  13. Dec 14, 2016
    Wow! I was super nervous about this game after hearing all the whining about the Beta. This game is awesome and as a 40k fan I can really feel all the love and care that went into the title. Don't listen to the haters, the extra week of development clearly helped A LOT. I can offer up an unqualified recommendation for it. If you like 40k, this game is pure gold.

Side note is that the

Side note is that the game ran perfectly at high frame rates at the highest settings. Really not sure what people are complaining about.
  14. Dec 14, 2016
    This trash. This is not a game. gameplay is like i am back in 90s. Stupid corridors, only 4-5 types on enemies. only 4 skills. no appearance change, no really new weapons, re relics. crashes all the time. multipalyers is so pathetic cuz it has no optimistaion. as a result this is only wasting of my money!!!!!!
  15. Dec 16, 2016
    Wow. I am TOTALLY disappointed. Other than the somewhat decent graphics, this is totally not a good translation for those who are fans of the Warhammer 40k universe. The changes made for "gameplay" totally don't make sense coming from the world. If you are expecting the thrill and excitement of being a supersoldier of Humanity, don't buy this game. This is just a poor version ofWow. I am TOTALLY disappointed. Other than the somewhat decent graphics, this is totally not a good translation for those who are fans of the Warhammer 40k universe. The changes made for "gameplay" totally don't make sense coming from the world. If you are expecting the thrill and excitement of being a supersoldier of Humanity, don't buy this game. This is just a poor version of Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Yea, I know how bad that was.
  16. Dec 21, 2016
    Solid game and it makes you really feel like a terminator in space hulk. I really like combat and single player is awesome. Multiplayer is weaker, but game is good as whole.
  17. Dec 17, 2016
    You like space Hulk: the boardgame? This is the Real Time version, nothing less, nothing more. It is a perfect reconstruction of the ships illustration se saw in the 40k manuals since the '80s. You like shooting at xenos in the game of the emperor? Then this game is for you. Others stay away.
  18. Dec 16, 2016
    Technical Context:
    Phenom II X4 940
    8GB RAM GTX 1060 3GB Very few problems framerate-wise or with bugs/crashes, etc... loading times are long though but I think that's more a function of the older processor in my machine. Big mobs do drop my frames a bit but it's not that often... there are some other considerations with my particular setup but I'm not gonna get into it because it's
    Technical Context:
    Phenom II X4 940
    8GB RAM
    GTX 1060 3GB

Very few problems framerate-wise or with bugs/crashes, etc... loading times are long though but I think that's more a function of the older processor in my machine. Big mobs do drop my frames a bit but it's not that often... there are some other considerations with my particular setup but I'm not gonna get into it because it's not important, the game plays fine for me.

I think a decision to buy or not on this title (assuming you can run it) is more based on how much you like the 40K universe. I'm an older guy and former table-top player and really like it, so for me this is a lot of fun just because of the environment presented. To call the detail level incredible is an extreme over-simplification. Like you can walk up to purity seals and read them in this game... little things like that are what I really appreciate about this title.

The massive scale of the open areas vs. the narrowness of the corridors and the realistic feel of being in a place that is beyond ancient - and the mood and atmosphere of ever-present violent evil... that sort of immersion factor and the details presented in the levels are what I'm really happy about.

I think the combat is probably what you would expect from the 40K style of weaponry and that's not a bad thing, but I wouldn't call it crazy exciting. The Heavy Flamer is just something you really have to try to appreciate hehe... if anything though, survival is more of a resource management problem - you can kill everything, but the little bits of damage from 500+ enemies per level is eventually gonna take it's toll...

So you have to space out your heals and psygate trips to make sure you get can through everything and get your objectives accomplished and then hopefully have some sight-seeing and relic-hunting time left over as well...

So to sum up - if you're thinking about this title and you have confidence that your machine can run it, the only question left is: How big of a Warhammer 40K fan are you?? If you love 40K, this is your game, big-time... If you love a crazy amount of environmental details in levels and are a fan of mood and atmosphere, then I also think this is a game you will like, even if you're not that into the lore...

I gave it an 8 because I think it's solid and accomplishes what it was designed to do - provide a fun and immersive experience for fans of the 40K universe. To bash it because it doesn't live up to some other context, I think is a little unfair...
  19. Dec 15, 2016
    This is a terrible game, and dont let the fanboy's convince you otherwise. Performance on a high end PC is terrible, you'd be lucky to get anymore than 40fps with a GTX1080@1440p and thats being generous.

The game is full of bugs, it crashes all the time, the gameplay is shallow with no real weight behind it and there is little in the way of a progression system. Truly a half baked release - avoid.
  20. Dec 20, 2016
    i5 quad 2.8, gtx 980, win10, 16gb ram - 60 to 20 fps, but drops are not bad, apart from that a very well realised Space Hulk adaptation. The more I play the more it grows on me. I only play single player (not a huge MP guys) and what is there is easily worth the price of admission. It's not for everyone, and I read it can be buggy (haven't found many myself), but if it works for you andi5 quad 2.8, gtx 980, win10, 16gb ram - 60 to 20 fps, but drops are not bad, apart from that a very well realised Space Hulk adaptation. The more I play the more it grows on me. I only play single player (not a huge MP guys) and what is there is easily worth the price of admission. It's not for everyone, and I read it can be buggy (haven't found many myself), but if it works for you and you like the vibe, it's amazing, a wet dream for SH fans with the right hardware. Expand
  21. Dec 15, 2016
    This absolutely is the Warhammer 40k FPS Ive been waiting for since my teenage years. I was concerned that the swaying motion and heavy metallic stomping of my boots might get tiresome early on but I find it really reinforces the sense of weight and sheer presence that I have in the environment. Stomping around in my sacred armour I absolutely feel like a Terminator doing the emperor'sThis absolutely is the Warhammer 40k FPS Ive been waiting for since my teenage years. I was concerned that the swaying motion and heavy metallic stomping of my boots might get tiresome early on but I find it really reinforces the sense of weight and sheer presence that I have in the environment. Stomping around in my sacred armour I absolutely feel like a Terminator doing the emperor's divine bidding as I mercilessly scythe the Genestealer hordes bearing down on my squad. As I look around I can see the edges of my armour infringing very slightly on my field of vision, a touch which adds to the immersion without being intrusive.

My squad mates look superb and I've spent a fair bit of time just gawking in admiration at these beautfully detailed models wielding their assorted weaponry. Watching the pasable AI turning mobs of Genestealers to paste is a joy to behold. Like all game AI they do have moments of stupidity but all in all they're better than most I have experienced in other much bigger titles. No getting stuck in doorways here, and they generally respond well to unexpected threats so the single player experience works well enough that I'm happy to have my team around me.

The space hulk environments thus far look simply fantastic. Gothic cathedral architecture sprouts from the walls of giant chambers and halls that throb with bizarre looking machinary, crackling with blue electrical energy. Religious scriptures adorn the walls and charcoal braziers and torches juxtapose against holographic displays and monitors displaying diagnostic data, dimly lighting the corners of these vast spaces while the detritus of war litters the floor around you. Although some of the textures are bit weak and generic the overall effect is convincing and immersive. There is never really a moment when you feel completely safe in the space hulk.

The combat is basic, in this early stage at least, but great fun. The environments are designed such that there is nearly always the possibility that the enemy will come at you from multiple directions in three dimensions. The game does force you to think tactically, attempting to force the enemy into confined killing zones as much as possible. This can be augmented by sealing doors behind you and hacking the ship defences to work to your advantage, but you always feel that there is a vulnerability outside your field of vision. Careful placement of your squad means that they can cover the clear fields of fire while you assist and watch out for flanking attacks that might compromise your position. Inevitably at some point the swarms will overwhelm you and you will find yourself in midst of a wild melee while firing your psyker powers to push the horde back in the hope that you can buy a few seconds to reload your weapon. Some people have criticised certain details of the weaponry, for example complaining that the bolter should be less of an automatic weapon and more of a cannon. However it's easy to see why the devs chose not to follow the specifications of the weapons exactly. In real time combat you desperately need to be able to mow down Genestealer mobs as they can overpower your squad in seconds if you miss just one or two targets during an attack. It's not a case of 'if' your defences crumble, but rather 'when'. So far I've only encountered Genestealers and their hybrid colleagues so I'm not sure how combat will pan out going forwards. The current mixture of incoming rocket fire and close combat swarming is more than entertaining enough for the moment.

My PC usually munches every game I throw at it for breakfast. The catch is that the card is a dual GPU Crossfire configuration, so it's very driver dependent if a game is to make full use of it. Fully maxed out at 3440 x 1440 resolution it runs quite smoothly until some of the bigger mobs of genestealers leap all over you, at which point the framerate drops significantly. Given the quality of the textures and the fact that this can occur in confined areas with limited draw distance I'm confident that driver updates and game patches will improve this issue. For the most part it doesnt bother me as this is often during a chaotic wild melee so pinpoint accuracy isn't required in these situations anyway.

As for longevity, that's a hard one to comment on. I think this is probably going to be a fairly basic formula that doesn't deviate much throughout the game. I'm not expecting much character driven story development, but that can be overrated anyway. Doom's plot was basically one sentence long and we loved it regardless so go figure. I think this is a game I'm going to play through and then return to again simply for the joy of being a Space Marine Terminator tasked the glorious mission of squishing genestealers by the dozen.
  22. Dec 16, 2016
    Space Hulk: Deathwing! Obiettivamente, spesso come il franchising Games Workshop ha mostrato negli anni, è un gioco di nicchia dove solo gli accaniti o meno fan dell'universo WH40K possono percepire determinati pregi o difetti. Al livello tecnico sicuramente niente da dire sul profilo del level disegn, quasi maniacale la cura di dettagli nella ricostruzione dell'ambientazione e delleSpace Hulk: Deathwing! Obiettivamente, spesso come il franchising Games Workshop ha mostrato negli anni, è un gioco di nicchia dove solo gli accaniti o meno fan dell'universo WH40K possono percepire determinati pregi o difetti. Al livello tecnico sicuramente niente da dire sul profilo del level disegn, quasi maniacale la cura di dettagli nella ricostruzione dell'ambientazione e delle astronavi da guerra imperiali dando una buona immedesimazione di quelle che sono le usanze,tradizioni e devozione degli Space Marine, soprattutto in capitoli come gli Angeli Oscuri e i Templari Neri. Problema riscontrato anche in altri giochi è che, si è stupefacente l'Unreal Engine ma bisogna starci un po' attenti a smanettarci troppo, il tutto risulta parecchio pesante con cali di frame non del tutto indifferenti specie se la mole di nemici diventa non indifferente. La fisica non è proprio il massimo con cadaveri che spesso si lasciano andare in modo strano e dubbioso, ma penso nulla che non possa prendere almeno un 6. Per quanto riguarda l'IA, dipende con quale scuola di pensiero la si affronta: da una parte non è nulla di particolarmente studiato, dall'altra cosa puoi aspettarti da bestie parassite che attaccano in massa? Per quanto riguarda gli armamenti nulla da dire, per chi è pratico dell'universo conosce grosso modo l'equipaggiamento di un Terminator ed effettivamente poche sono le aggiunte che si potrebbero fare senza sconvolgere troppo i canoni ma che comunque magari arriveranno in futuro. La storia e le missioni sono abbastanza semplici e lineari, arrivano dritte al sodo nel tipico stile Space Marines però magari qualcosa di più compartimentato sarebbe stato gradito. Nel complesso, come detto all'inizio, è un gioco che può interessare e piacere specialmente una determinata fascia di giocatori che magari già conoscono l'universo WH40K, sicuramente nulla di innovativo o mai visto a livello di gameplay e per quanto mi riguarda merita un voto di fascia media.
    Ciao!
  23. Dec 15, 2016
    Disappointment of the year. It's even worse than "No Man Sky"

Multiplayer is boring coz we don't have character progression and customizing, u simple can't improve ur character at all. U just have 2-3 weapons and 4 **** looking abilities. Interaction between players is also very poor coz of bad level design. This game have U4 engine but textures are from 90s of past century, also
    Disappointment of the year. It's even worse than "No Man Sky"

This game have U4 engine but textures are from 90s of past century, also very rough animation and I have feeling that ingame interface was drawn in windows paint.

Huge amount of technicals problems: poor optimization, crashes, bugs, long loading screens etc. etc.

Refund after 2 hours of playing. Enough of this trash.0/10
  24. Dec 16, 2016
    Хорошая игра, не без минусов конечно, но у какой игры их нет.
    На данный момент лучшая реализация сеттинга Warhammer 40000 в компьютерных играх.
    Очень лорно и атмосферно. А баги и недоработки будут устранены патчами.
  25. Dec 15, 2016
    Been playing for about 2 hours...a little bit of lag on loading screens.

Been playing for about 2 hours...a little bit of lag on loading screens.

Not to be an elitist or anything, but anything less than 8gb of RAM and Nvidia 970 with a core i5 isn't going to cut it. My rig is 16gb, fast 1TB install from steam (thought about putting it on an SSD) and a year-old core i7. AMD won't cut it and ATI has the most complaints. I'm not a multiplayer guy, so the solo campaign has been fantastic so far. Mowing down Genestealers with an assault cannon? Yes please.
  26. Dec 18, 2016
    Well, im playing on a Assus Rog Laptop with a GTX 980 and 32 RAM, and it plays very well on maximum at 1920x1080. Specially disabling antialising (in this game makes the textures blurry, go figure..besides above 1080 antialising needs are debatable..). the game is amazing. The attention to lore and level design deserves to be praised. Indeed the Devs. are to be commended for the effort.Well, im playing on a Assus Rog Laptop with a GTX 980 and 32 RAM, and it plays very well on maximum at 1920x1080. Specially disabling antialising (in this game makes the textures blurry, go figure..besides above 1080 antialising needs are debatable..). the game is amazing. The attention to lore and level design deserves to be praised. Indeed the Devs. are to be commended for the effort. And much major and larger companies could learn a thing or two from them, in relation to dedication and demonstration of a homework well done in terms of the lore. Thumbs up, if youre a W40K fan you really cant pass on this. Dont worry about the whiners and analfabeasts on W40K lore who compare this gameplay to doom or L4D, and the clows with their "my PC is UBER" show off thing, the game runs well and plays well, on req. settings, and its very tactical when you get the hang of it (as it should be). Squad mate AI is quite good, one of the best ive see. Besides that.. the emperor protects. Expand
  27. Dec 15, 2016
    Don't know why all people say bad things about games, i think it's new trend like for Deus ex Dishonored etc.
    This game for fans of universe Warhammer 40k. For average users this as normal game like left4dead or vermeptide, with mechanics of alien swarm but in fist person view, don't know what people wait from coop corridor shooter.
    Great setting, good Graphics and sound. Gameplay simple
    Great setting, good Graphics and sound. Gameplay simple but not so bad if you know what should expect of such games. My score 6 but as fan and because all will be mad of game i'll set 10
  28. Dec 28, 2016
    The most important thing is that the game base is awesome. They have done a very good job with the high detailed maps and sounds, very inmersive.

So in future update patchs, with a bit more time, they will make a very good game.
  29. Apr 11, 2017
    Pre-ordered the game hoping it will revive the love for the Warhammer universe only to be disappointed by almost everything in the game. Clunky interface, out dated graphics, poor gameplay. Only thing perhaps worth mentioning might be the sound effects. This game feels like a game made in 2000. No amount of optimisation or remaster can save it
  30. Jan 14, 2017
    Pro: great feeling, could have been the best fps(?) after Space Hulk 2 in the W40K universe. Creepy, hard and dark, just as is should be...

Cons: ...if it wasn't for the piss poor optimization. I run Rise of Tomb Raider, full maxed out on CONSTANT 60 fps almost never droppint below that. Wide open areas, open world, many npc, animals, etc. Deathwing constantly lags and though it looks good, it should not be remotely that demanding on the rig with its closed spaces and scripted attacks.
    There are also many annoying stuff: the inverted cursor is inverted in the order menu, too :) Is it possible to be that stupid accidentally or you have to do it on purpose? The M opens the map, why cant it close it too? What the beta testers were doing instead of testing? Smoking weed and read the Moby Dick?
    And worst of all, the saving system. Why there is no manual save. I don't want to spend my time doing some 20 mins of progress again. What is the problem? Why make this really good game so hateable? Manual save would not take away any of the challenge. Or put in a Nightmare difficulty for people with a lot of time on their hands. It couldn't be so hard to code it: you have 2 weapons and a few enemy + you position... Like 2 kb.

It would have been one of my favourites, but like this, it is subpar. A 4.
  31. Feb 1, 2017
    The space hulk environnement is awesome, but the gameplay is really poor ; It's a bit better in coop with friendly fire ON but still not enough to get hooked bu the game.
  32. Feb 16, 2017
    Buy on sale just to have wander around a space hulk. Beyond that avoid like Papa Nurgle.

+ The hulks do look good, lots of nice details -/+ Lore wise some good points but outweighed by non lore points. - Audio. VA is a mixed bag, awful script doesn't help. The guns all sound like stock/placeholder gun sounds. The assault cannon should sound like a GAU-8 Avenger but ends up like a

+ The hulks do look good, lots of nice details
    -/+ Lore wise some good points but outweighed by non lore points.
    - Audio. VA is a mixed bag, awful script doesn't help.
    The guns all sound like stock/placeholder gun sounds. The assault cannon should sound like a GAU-8 Avenger but ends up like a .22 SAW. Bolters most certainly do not sound like bolters.
    - Gunplay/Recoil affects. Fire a storm bolter and watch as your avatar develops a severe case of parkinsons. A sign of cut corners. Also when rapid firing you end up with a horrid strobe effect. Guns feel as weak as they sound. You certainly do not feel like an Angel of Death.
    - AI dumb as a bunch of rocks.
    - Gameplay. Basic to say the least . Half baked swarm mechanics. Genestealers blindly run down corridors. No real tension , quite repetitive. Weapons are poorly balanced. Relic system wasted opportunity. Too much walking around empty areas or places you have already been too. Silly really as if the were more lore friendly that would be the basis of some solid gameplay.

Bugs Etc . Somehow my older system got away without glitches but others with more powerful machines seem to suffer many.
  33. Jan 29, 2017
    Disclaimer

The game is currently in the process of being patched and will not be suitable for all players due to performance optimization. The developers are fixing this and I will keep this review updated as they do. So at this time, buy at your own risk. I always recommend buying on sale anyway. Currently the game works fine for me. Positives * The story is good, the ending
    Disclaimer

Positives

* The story is good, the ending also made sense. Is it the best story ever? Hell no. It's a simple kill aliens on the hulk, get out of the hulk game. See additional notes for more info.

* The voice acting is nice, and proper for space marines.
    * You feel like a space marine, you are powerful. However do not underestimate your enemy.
    * The environment / atmosphere. It does the job beautifully!

* That said it is not perfect, but I still rate 9 out of 10. I will be playing this instead of left 4 dead, although Left 4 Dead does have alternative game modes which this currently lacks.

Negatives

* I don't think it's worth $50, maybe $30.

* Command wheel is odd, but once you realize how it works, literally selecting something and letting go of space bar, not clicking. It's easy enough to use, though sometimes if you rush it, you'll hit an undesired option.

* Making your allies in single player lock doors if you don't have them on the proper side can lead them to lock themselves on the opposite side, easily avoidable, though slightly annoying.

* Had one bug where my A.I. companion got trapped temporarily on a stair case, walked back and reorderd him, problem solved.

* Friendly Fire mode in multiplayer is a hazard with the current AOE radius of certain melee weapons. If you're 8 meters behind your tank who has a thunder hammer, you're going to die if he swings it once. They need to adjust the range to make it a forward facing cone or arc.

1. Mar 21, 2017
    A great game for dedicated fans of the Warhammer 40,000 setting, but a poor narrative and structure may get in the way for casual players. [Issue#259, p.55]
  2. Mar 14, 2017
    Space Hulk: Deathwing can't seem to win on either front. As a solo experience, the gameplay is mediocre, the AI is rather inconsistent, and the objectives lack imagination. As a multiplayer game, it is pretty much dead. There's stuff in here for a dedicated Warhammer 40,000 fan to be excited about, especially how the game looks, but it certainly isn't the best outing for the license.
  3. games(TM)