Space Siege PC

• Release Date: Aug 12, 2008
6.2

1. PaddyM
    May 18, 2009
    I picked this up for under £8 and I was pretty enamoured with it, I think people voting 0 are morons, and people voting less than 5 didn't udnerstand the game at all, in comparison: big rigs over the road racing is a 0...though this is a core issue with rating things by numbers, everyone ahs their own arbitary number system. What's good: later on the game becomes I picked this up for under £8 and I was pretty enamoured with it, I think people voting 0 are morons, and people voting less than 5 didn't udnerstand the game at all, in comparison: big rigs over the road racing is a 0...though this is a core issue with rating things by numbers, everyone ahs their own arbitary number system. What's good: later on the game becomes challenging, it is actually quite pretty and the physics are ludicrous yet enjoyable A fair variety of weapons and "talents" The story is better than some people give it credit for, it's classic cheese. Robot best friend :D What's bad: That camera gets repetative Some "talent paths" are awful, kind of limiting your options The endings are mish-mash and don't really represent that well the choices you took Despite it's flaws this is enjoyable old school hack and slash, but in space, and with guns. Also: I had no real problems with the controls, maybe everyone else who's complainign is just shit at the game. Expand
  2. OlivierB.
    Dec 29, 2009
    While it's quite fun to play at first, the repetitive gameplay, lacking challenge and absent surprises during the later levels make it a so-so experience.
  3. PhilR.
    Aug 24, 2008
    not all that bad a game.co-op multiplayer is where it really shines. does feel old school but that doesn't mean its bad.
  4. JimmusM.
    Aug 17, 2008
    A pretty-but-dull container explosion simulator. The joke's one me, I bought it after reading all the bad reviews.
  5. JamieS.
    Aug 17, 2008
    What an utterly mediocre game. The original Dungeon Siege was great. Then Gas Powered Games spent the next half decade using the Dungeon Siege franchise as a cash cow, recycling the engine into ever more mediocre sequels while they worked on the project they really wanted to do, Supreme Commander. Now that Sup Com's done they've quickly churned out yet another "Siege" branded What an utterly mediocre game. The original Dungeon Siege was great. Then Gas Powered Games spent the next half decade using the Dungeon Siege franchise as a cash cow, recycling the engine into ever more mediocre sequels while they worked on the project they really wanted to do, Supreme Commander. Now that Sup Com's done they've quickly churned out yet another "Siege" branded cash-in game to generate enough money for their next project ... Dungeon Siege was repetitive but fun anyway. There were lots of different monsters, lots of loot, and lots of interesting scenery. You always wanted to keep going to see the next town, get some more fun weapons, or try a different way of playing. But in Space Siege everywhere looks the same. The fun of getting loot and leveling up has been replaced with a bland "upgrade" system. So here we have a Siege game with all of the repetition but none of the fun. This one isn't even worth renting, let alone buying. Expand
  6. RobertW.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Middle of the road. I enjoyed the other "Sieges", but this was not on par with either of those. I never cheat at games, but I started cheating 10 minutes into it so I could finish it faster.
  7. LeeB.
    Aug 23, 2008
    This game is very similar to Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor but not as good as either. I'm really dissapointed by Space Siege. The concept is cool. The weapons are cool and fun to use. The graphics are great. BUT it has one huge problem. I can't run and shoot at the same time! SG and SGS (both can buy through Steam as well) are so fluid and quick and fun to play. This This game is very similar to Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor but not as good as either. I'm really dissapointed by Space Siege. The concept is cool. The weapons are cool and fun to use. The graphics are great. BUT it has one huge problem. I can't run and shoot at the same time! SG and SGS (both can buy through Steam as well) are so fluid and quick and fun to play. This game could be the same but you can't run and shoot at the same time. Basically you run run run, STOP shooooooooooooot while the baddies are shooooooting at you and running at you. If I could run and shoot at the same time I would have given this game 8/10. Oh also it doesn't have waypoints/minimap so you can't see where you need to go for objectives so you run around in circles getting lost a lot. Buy shadowgrounds and shadowgrounds survivor - MUCH better games Expand
  8. Feb 12, 2013
    a solid to decent game with some nice graphics and gameplay with over the top view. the controls are what makes the game not so good, because its like an rpg but then its not. it plays more like a real time shooter. for a game that released in 2008, its solid but i guess not much of what people were expecting. if only it had a pause combat feature. and if they made it more of an actiona solid to decent game with some nice graphics and gameplay with over the top view. the controls are what makes the game not so good, because its like an rpg but then its not. it plays more like a real time shooter. for a game that released in 2008, its solid but i guess not much of what people were expecting. if only it had a pause combat feature. and if they made it more of an action rpg than a action shooter with minor rpg elements like character level up. think of dead space but less scary; also think of games like doom and serious sam in top down view with hordes of monsters coming at you in real time. except this game does it the wrong way. if there was an option to switch to first person view i think it would be something different. Expand
  9. Oct 17, 2014
    A sci-fi ARPG with good voice acting and strategical skill set, the atmosphere in space is well polished and the opening story is quite engaging, though it turned out to be quite the same as the game progress and the leveling system is something lackluster that leaves you no interest to discover.
    The lack of hotkey customization is a fatal drawback and the combat is quite routine, you can feel the clumsy pause of your character after the use of every skill which is quite frustrating when encounter lots of enemies.
    Wouldn't recommend if you expect a smooth and exciting ARPG experience, but would be a fun game if you like the sci-fi background and simple hack and slash.
  10. Jul 14, 2015
    I decided to get this game despite the mixed scores. However, all I can say is that the game feels as mediocre as they get. Generic combat, generic corridors, generic enemies, generic humans vs aliens story.

Most of the gameplay is an isometric shooter. Point at an enemy with your mouse and shoot. Seems like controls are simple enough. However, the enemies shoot back at you, and your only way to avoid getting shot is to roll dodge, and you have to aim it with the mouse in the direction you want to roll. So somehow you have to manage to shoot and roll dodge at the same time with just 1 mouse. And then we also get the annoying camera rotation, which is inverted. When I want to rotate left, it rotates right, and vice versa. Maybe there's a way to change this, but I didn't see it.

You get a robot companion too, but it's just a regular sidekick really who acts as an extra gun in battle. You can give him a few basic commands, like attack, defend, and heal, and you can upgrade his stats just as you can upgrade your own, but there's nothing much else to it. You can probably play the whole game without ever using it.

You can also get cyber implants and use skill points to improve your abilities, but it's all presented in a very generic and uninteresting way. Nearly every skill is a passive which just improves your damage or a critical chance by a couple of % and that's it. Not to mention, half of the abilities require you to have a specific cyber implant, and from what I've played so far, I've only found the one for the eye, so there are plenty of abilities in my upgrades menu that I can't use yet, and no idea when I will.

The fact that enemies all look and act alike, makes every single battle feel the same. Throw a couple of grenades into the group and fire away till naught's left. Rinse and repeat. But then fighting enemies isn't so bad when you consider that 95% of the time you're walking and backtracking with nothing happening.

You might enjoy this game if you're into dungeon crawlers with no story and simply need to play every single one out there, but otherwise I wouldn't really recommend it.
  11. Jun 17, 2017
    De los creadores de Dungeon Siege nos llega este videojuego de accion con tintes de rol espacial para pc, con bonitos graficos y buena duracion, se queda en un quiero y no puedo accion y linealidad en una nave espacial enorme, sin mucho que explorar y un guion bastante simplon, puede que nuestro compañero de metal nos de mas de un dolor de cabeza, IA bastante floja, decente sistema deDe los creadores de Dungeon Siege nos llega este videojuego de accion con tintes de rol espacial para pc, con bonitos graficos y buena duracion, se queda en un quiero y no puedo accion y linealidad en una nave espacial enorme, sin mucho que explorar y un guion bastante simplon, puede que nuestro compañero de metal nos de mas de un dolor de cabeza, IA bastante floja, decente sistema de mejora, algun que otro personaje memorable, sonido basura, este juego es solo recomendado para los fans de las operas espaciales, pero bien fan, para todos los demas omitan este juego. Expand

The combat looks bright and colorful on the surface and there is no shortage of menacing enemies and massive explosions, but the AI doesn't provide any real tactical challenge, the layout of the levels and missions is remarkably linear, and the range of abilities and weapons is too limited.
    Unfortunately, Gas Powered Games forget all the elements that make the games in this genre so damn fun and addictive. It's really a shame because had they done it right, it would have made the wait for Diablo III that much more bearable. But as it stands, this is without a doubt the worst addition to the Siege series yet.
    It's definitely action-packed, especially when playing with friends. It's just a damn-shame that Chris Taylor and his cronies at Gas Powered Games didn't get with the times and mix in a proper action-focused control scheme.