• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Aug 12, 2008
6.2

1. Oct 17, 2014
    A sci-fi ARPG with good voice acting and strategical skill set, the atmosphere in space is well polished and the opening story is quite engaging, though it turned out to be quite the same as the game progress and the leveling system is something lackluster that leaves you no interest to discover.
    The lack of hotkey customization is a fatal drawback and the combat is quite routine, you can feel the clumsy pause of your character after the use of every skill which is quite frustrating when encounter lots of enemies.
    Wouldn't recommend if you expect a smooth and exciting ARPG experience, but would be a fun game if you like the sci-fi background and simple hack and slash.
  2. Feb 15, 2014
    Good balance between action and strategy. Doesn't take itself too seriously. Highly replayable. Points off for lacking customizable controls (or customization is not obvious).
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    a solid to decent game with some nice graphics and gameplay with over the top view. the controls are what makes the game not so good, because its like an rpg but then its not. it plays more like a real time shooter. for a game that released in 2008, its solid but i guess not much of what people were expecting. if only it had a pause combat feature. and if they made it more of an actiona solid to decent game with some nice graphics and gameplay with over the top view. the controls are what makes the game not so good, because its like an rpg but then its not. it plays more like a real time shooter. for a game that released in 2008, its solid but i guess not much of what people were expecting. if only it had a pause combat feature. and if they made it more of an action rpg than a action shooter with minor rpg elements like character level up. think of dead space but less scary; also think of games like doom and serious sam in top down view with hordes of monsters coming at you in real time. except this game does it the wrong way. if there was an option to switch to first person view i think it would be something different. Expand
  4. May 16, 2012
    This game is loads of fun. The cybernetics customization is cool and abilities are awesome. It is a little bit repetitive with the missions but its not that bad. the graphics are pretty good and the controls are point and click. The plot is kind of a classic one but it is cool because it has some mystery mixed in with it. A good game with lots of customization and ways to spend money. 8 out of 10
  5. Feb 15, 2012
    There are very few games that I played and the re-played. This is one of them. The interface is easy and manipulating the character a breeze. There are many ways to win this game, hence the interesting re-playability. There are two upgrade paths: Human and Cybernetic. However, you can mix both and thus the possibilities are exponential. Granted, winning the game is much more difficult ifThere are very few games that I played and the re-played. This is one of them. The interface is easy and manipulating the character a breeze. There are many ways to win this game, hence the interesting re-playability. There are two upgrade paths: Human and Cybernetic. However, you can mix both and thus the possibilities are exponential. Granted, winning the game is much more difficult if you stick with the Human upgrade path but the cut scene in the end is also much more interesting... The game play is well balanced and, with a little strategy, it is easy to survive all missions safe for the "boss" sections where you will probably need more than one try to succeed. From my point of view though, it only raised my interest as I got a lot of satisfaction in finally nabbing the right strategy (That will greatly vary depending on the upgrade path you have chosen as I said before). Granted the story line is not the best ever and somewhat predictable but, in this genre, it is pretty well secondary. As for not being able to look at the ceiling or the floor... why would I care? This is not like the first person shooter we've been accustomed to in the last five years or so with nothing much beside "awesome graphics". This is a game for those that are old enough to remember the Crusader series: OK the guy had a weird red costume and the background story was lame but that was true mayhem and absolute fun. Same here. Definitely a keeper. Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2011
    This game came up on sale recently on Steam. After reading the reviews, I came close to walking away from the purchase but decided in the end to give it a chance and I am happy I did. This is a fun game, with plenty of action and environments to explore. The combat action is very fast, but nothing that cannot be mastered and I found the game both entertaining as well as engrossing. I doThis game came up on sale recently on Steam. After reading the reviews, I came close to walking away from the purchase but decided in the end to give it a chance and I am happy I did. This is a fun game, with plenty of action and environments to explore. The combat action is very fast, but nothing that cannot be mastered and I found the game both entertaining as well as engrossing. I do agree with some of the reviewers that said the controls could have been handled a little better, but they do work. One of my favorite parts of the game is the flexibility of the upgrade system that allows you to spend the points you have gathered during your adventure to improve weapons, armor as well as your robot sidekick. I do not get why so many folks gave this game such low marks, when it deserved better. While I agree is might not be on the same scale as ME2, for what it provides it is still fun to play. I would recommend this game for any gamer that is simply looking for a change of pace. Expand
  7. Oct 9, 2011
    One of the worst games I've ever played, what the hell happened? Dungeon Siege 2 was awesome, but this was just dire **** multiplayer was merely single stages from the game with zero cohesion... avoid at any price, avoid even if its free.
  8. Jun 19, 2011
    Camera view s*cks.. Gets annoying alot. game play is ok. waste of money buying this!! .................................
  9. May 14, 2011
    To be fair, 90% of these reviews I've read, don't give an honest opinion on the game. At least half of them seem to be outright trolling the game without real reason. They say the graphics are bad, they say the controls are bad, they say the gameplay is bad. They don't really give a true, honest reason behind half of it. it's like they played the game for 20 minutes and said "Yeah, thisTo be fair, 90% of these reviews I've read, don't give an honest opinion on the game. At least half of them seem to be outright trolling the game without real reason. They say the graphics are bad, they say the controls are bad, they say the gameplay is bad. They don't really give a true, honest reason behind half of it. it's like they played the game for 20 minutes and said "Yeah, this sucks." Well, let me be one of the first to say, no, this game does not suck. The graphics are pretty decent for the time, remember kiddies, this game was released a few years ago. I mean, with the carnage, the ragdoll effects. The graphics aren't that bad, I think the negative reviewers simply got this game in hopes of playing a Mass Effect-style Action RPG. Which this is not. This is essentially a straight out, third-person action RPG, much like the old point and click games, such as Diablo. And it's made by a company who has been successful in the past with the Dungeon Siege Series, though, those games themselves are pretty under-rated and generally obscure these days. Now, onto plot, and gameplay. As I said, the gameplay is pretty simple point and click, and is an aquired taste by nostalgic gamers, such as myself. The skills and such, are numerous and hard to juggle, but once you have a decent strategy in mind, and most of them unlocked, it gets simpler to control. My only qualm is the control of your side-kick, a robot, named HR-V, which can honestly be compared to the control of pets on the popular MMORPGs, though using the F-keys is a bit annoying.

Otherwise, the combat, and the gameplay are pretty good. And I can only hope that Gas Powered Games use what they learned here, in future games, and better themselves.

The graphics, as I stated prior, are pretty decent for the time. Bloody. Gorey. With the Ragdoll effect for items, and most dead bodies that aren't the human corpses lying around in the backdrop. The backgrounds and such could use some work, but they fit the theme. I mean, if you're surviving on a ship, you don't want to see catacombs, or whatnot. Though the lack of blinky lights, and such leave a somewhat wanting feeling, but again, the game takes place 7.5 weeks after the main enemy attacks, so the ship wouldn't be rusted, or falling apart, either.

As for the storyline, it's a general run of the mill type thing you see in most sci-fi movies that take place on a ship, though for reviewing sake, I won't spoil anything. Though, if you're like me, you will find it at least amusing at the most, even if it's not groundbreaking, or filled with so many thrilling twists. It's a good story, nonetheless. A nice take on the general theme, in my opinion.

As for combat, and such? Like I said, it's point and click. The skills are numerous, and hard to juggle, but it's easy to get the handle on for casual gamers.

In closing, this game isn't horrible. It's not amazing, but it's not horrible either. It's on par with what they were trying to do, and actually quite enjoyable if you play it for longer then twenty minutes. The cybernetic implants were an interesting way to go in terms of a 'moral' slider, and the quick way you can swap between a gun and a laser-sword is always fun when you get surrounded by a horde of evil space-crabs. And the music and voice acting are actually quite good, for a game that's so under-rated. All I can say, is don't judge it by appearance, give it a try and really explore the features before shrugging it off. And you might be surprised.
  10. TimoD.
    Dec 30, 2009
    The game is boring, way to short and no fun at all. The characters are boring as the game, there is no real story and the outro I saw was... well... Worse than the game! I regret spending 2.50 Euros.
  11. OlivierB.
    Dec 29, 2009
    While it's quite fun to play at first, the repetitive gameplay, lacking challenge and absent surprises during the later levels make it a so-so experience.
  12. PaddyM
    May 18, 2009
    I picked this up for under £8 and I was pretty enamoured with it, I think people voting 0 are morons, and people voting less than 5 didn't udnerstand the game at all, in comparison: big rigs over the road racing is a 0...though this is a core issue with rating things by numbers, everyone ahs their own arbitary number system. What's good: later on the game becomes I picked this up for under £8 and I was pretty enamoured with it, I think people voting 0 are morons, and people voting less than 5 didn't udnerstand the game at all, in comparison: big rigs over the road racing is a 0...though this is a core issue with rating things by numbers, everyone ahs their own arbitary number system. What's good: later on the game becomes challenging, it is actually quite pretty and the physics are ludicrous yet enjoyable A fair variety of weapons and "talents" The story is better than some people give it credit for, it's classic cheese. Robot best friend :D What's bad: That camera gets repetative Some "talent paths" are awful, kind of limiting your options The endings are mish-mash and don't really represent that well the choices you took Despite it's flaws this is enjoyable old school hack and slash, but in space, and with guns. Also: I had no real problems with the controls, maybe everyone else who's complainign is just shit at the game. Collapse
  13. RobN
    Apr 16, 2009
    This game has no item hunting, not a real good story and even though I played DS1 and DS2, this game was a BIG dissapointment
  14. Dibdabs
    Mar 28, 2009
    Awful. Worst camera view in the history of computer gaming - you're basically unable to look up, ans see a bit of floor in front of you! Utterly linear gameplay. No replay value whatsoever. Lame weapon and armour system. Good for insomnia.
  15. DirkD.
    Dec 22, 2008
    Chris Taylor and his cronies can bribe as many reviewers as they want -it still won't turn this steaming pile of crap into an actual game. There is not a single redeeming quality in this title. Avoid it even in the bargain bin. If somebody offers you money to take this game from them, strongly consider how much your time is worth before making your decision.
  16. DerekR
    Dec 22, 2008
    I thought the games had some flaws but overall. Enjoyed it very much... No Control setting adjustments.. or quick saves.. But if you look in the manual there is or was a quick save key but is does not work. The addition of W,A,S,D, and the ability to run and shoot could have made this a great game. There were plenty of save stations and the sound was excellent. The graphics and weapon I thought the games had some flaws but overall. Enjoyed it very much... No Control setting adjustments.. or quick saves.. But if you look in the manual there is or was a quick save key but is does not work. The addition of W,A,S,D, and the ability to run and shoot could have made this a great game. There were plenty of save stations and the sound was excellent. The graphics and weapon affects damn good.. Shadow Ground was OK but the atmosphere, sounds, and graphics were not as good as Space Siege. You Super Gamers try to have some fun and don't expect everything. Expand
  17. Skally
    Aug 29, 2008
    Average game marred by ridiculus camera oriented control system, it wants to play like an FPS so give it an FPS control system....GRRR waste of hard earned cash.
  18. PhilR.
    Aug 24, 2008
    not all that bad a game.co-op multiplayer is where it really shines. does feel old school but that doesn't mean its bad.
  19. LeeB.
    Aug 23, 2008
    This game is very similar to Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor but not as good as either. I'm really dissapointed by Space Siege. The concept is cool. The weapons are cool and fun to use. The graphics are great. BUT it has one huge problem. I can't run and shoot at the same time! SG and SGS (both can buy through Steam as well) are so fluid and quick and fun to play. This This game is very similar to Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor but not as good as either. I'm really dissapointed by Space Siege. The concept is cool. The weapons are cool and fun to use. The graphics are great. BUT it has one huge problem. I can't run and shoot at the same time! SG and SGS (both can buy through Steam as well) are so fluid and quick and fun to play. This game could be the same but you can't run and shoot at the same time. Basically you run run run, STOP shooooooooooooot while the baddies are shooooooting at you and running at you. If I could run and shoot at the same time I would have given this game 8/10. Oh also it doesn't have waypoints/minimap so you can't see where you need to go for objectives so you run around in circles getting lost a lot. Buy shadowgrounds and shadowgrounds survivor - MUCH better games Expand
  20. RuneA.
    Aug 21, 2008
    The game is a slap in the face for any DS fan, it is just a hollow piece of crap that fails badly at pretending to be a game. I can understand that people might want games that are short, but that means you have to put some quality into them and not this sort of garbage.
  21. Nik
    Aug 19, 2008
    In my opinion it sucks. The graphics are like it's a game from 1997. The price is damn high (50 bucks on Steam). And the game is not fun at all. There is nothing that makes this game unique and remarkable. Don't buy it.
  22. RobertW.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Middle of the road. I enjoyed the other "Sieges", but this was not on par with either of those. I never cheat at games, but I started cheating 10 minutes into it so I could finish it faster.
  23. voodoojedizinzin
    Aug 18, 2008
    If the demo is in the example of what they want $50.00 for then you got to be joking. Straight line playing no deviation and no motivation to play. They shouldn't spend more on making the game than they have on ads and buying reviews.
  24. KajetanP.
    Aug 18, 2008
    FAIL! I don't know, what this game wants to be. It is NOT a RPG, neither it is an action game. For an RPG, it's way too shallow, bland and simple. There are RPG elements, but it really does not matter, if you upgrade your special abilities or not. You don't care for the character you're playing. You don't care to listen to mission descriptions and the story. You FAIL! I don't know, what this game wants to be. It is NOT a RPG, neither it is an action game. For an RPG, it's way too shallow, bland and simple. There are RPG elements, but it really does not matter, if you upgrade your special abilities or not. You don't care for the character you're playing. You don't care to listen to mission descriptions and the story. You just right click on any adversary until he's dead and keep on crawling through uninteresting, bland halls and corridors. For an action game, the controls are HORRIBLY bad. While they work in games like Dungeon Siege, which require sometimes some strategy to win, in Space Siege combat and gameplay does not fit to this kind of control scheme. It's simply annoying! Space Siege does not even look good or interesting, so that you can show off with your new power hardware. Space Siege is a complete failure. It does not achieve anything in any part of it. The RPG part is useless, the action part suffers from bad controls and the visuals are boring, even if you have a decent machine for maximum settings. I don't know, what this game was supposed to be, but compared to the Dungeon Siege games, its just forgettable crap! Expand
  25. JamieS.
    Aug 17, 2008
    What an utterly mediocre game. The original Dungeon Siege was great. Then Gas Powered Games spent the next half decade using the Dungeon Siege franchise as a cash cow, recycling the engine into ever more mediocre sequels while they worked on the project they really wanted to do, Supreme Commander. Now that Sup Com's done they've quickly churned out yet another "Siege" branded What an utterly mediocre game. The original Dungeon Siege was great. Then Gas Powered Games spent the next half decade using the Dungeon Siege franchise as a cash cow, recycling the engine into ever more mediocre sequels while they worked on the project they really wanted to do, Supreme Commander. Now that Sup Com's done they've quickly churned out yet another "Siege" branded cash-in game to generate enough money for their next project ... Dungeon Siege was repetitive but fun anyway. There were lots of different monsters, lots of loot, and lots of interesting scenery. You always wanted to keep going to see the next town, get some more fun weapons, or try a different way of playing. But in Space Siege everywhere looks the same. The fun of getting loot and leveling up has been replaced with a bland "upgrade" system. So here we have a Siege game with all of the repetition but none of the fun. This one isn't even worth renting, let alone buying. Expand
  26. JimmusM.
    Aug 17, 2008
    A pretty-but-dull container explosion simulator. The joke's one me, I bought it after reading all the bad reviews.
  27. DragutinD.
    Aug 17, 2008
    Controls are incredibly bad and ruin the game completely.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Ridiculously bad. Poor graphics, lacklustre level designs, laughable skill progression, complete lack of random loot system and retarded control scheme. Try shadowgrounds instead, a way superior game at a lower price.
  29. VitaliyS.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Well, let's see This game isn't like mass effect of course but it still holds it's ground, I liked it, the addition of a sidekick and a choice between robotics or anatomy/human is really good, story-line was great, combat reminded me of KOTOR series a bit, wasn't all action but a great game

The combat looks bright and colorful on the surface and there is no shortage of menacing enemies and massive explosions, but the AI doesn't provide any real tactical challenge, the layout of the levels and missions is remarkably linear, and the range of abilities and weapons is too limited.
    Unfortunately, Gas Powered Games forget all the elements that make the games in this genre so damn fun and addictive. It's really a shame because had they done it right, it would have made the wait for Diablo III that much more bearable. But as it stands, this is without a doubt the worst addition to the Siege series yet.
    It's definitely action-packed, especially when playing with friends. It's just a damn-shame that Chris Taylor and his cronies at Gas Powered Games didn't get with the times and mix in a proper action-focused control scheme.