Spectraball PC

5.6

1. Jan 16, 2013
    Is not Marble blast who wants.
    Torn apart be a copy of marble and be different, we have here huge and very long level, which is not bad.
    The physic is good and 3D doesn't burn eyes. But two significant points are the check point system and the acceleration . Check point location are very strange, sometimes extremely far from each other, sometimes force you to do again useless action
    Is not Marble blast who wants.
    The physic is good and 3D doesn't burn eyes.
    But two significant points are the check point system and the acceleration .
    Check point location are very strange, sometimes extremely far from each other, sometimes force you to do again useless action (just one jump), and, the most horrible, have to be on a specific place to activate it, not an area. And of course there is nothing to show where is the check point... Because there is many way to finish a race, you don't always find them even if you pass like 2 cm from it...
    And go for the most horrible point: acceleration. This is 0% or 100%. you cannot go slowly by pushing gently the stick... Even if you do that, it will be 100% acceleration... With that kind of gameplay, this is shame to forgot that.
    Because of that, this game is really frustrating, not even fun a second.
  2. Jan 18, 2013
    Do not waste your money on this game. It will drive you insane. I spent $2.50 on this game via steam and I still think this is the biggest waste of money out of any game I have ever bought. The game starts out alright and is fairly interest, however, the checkpoint system breaks the game. There are parts in the game that are very difficult and you have to attempt them many times inDo not waste your money on this game. It will drive you insane. I spent $2.50 on this game via steam and I still think this is the biggest waste of money out of any game I have ever bought. The game starts out alright and is fairly interest, however, the checkpoint system breaks the game. There are parts in the game that are very difficult and you have to attempt them many times in order to succeed. The problem is that some of these really difficult parts don't have checkpoints close enough to them, so whenever you fail, you have to do 45 seconds of boring stuff just to get to the challenging part. 45 seconds doesn't sound like a lot of time, but it adds up when you have to do certain parts 25+ times (depending on your skill) to succeed.

If you are not as skilled at ball games like this, it can just get very monotonous because you can count on attempting certain pieces a lot, and wasting a lot of time on useless trash that you have already completed countless times.

I would probably give this game a 6 if it weren't for the crappy checkpoint system.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    Spectraball is an alright little platformer. Every single chapter in the game have its own feel and look and there are some cool platforming sections in there even though it for the most part isnt anything out of the ordinary. The platforming is simply but i works well enough and there is also a map-editor which is a pretty cool feature. The gameplay would probably start to get repetitiveSpectraball is an alright little platformer. Every single chapter in the game have its own feel and look and there are some cool platforming sections in there even though it for the most part isnt anything out of the ordinary. The platforming is simply but i works well enough and there is also a map-editor which is a pretty cool feature. The gameplay would probably start to get repetitive after a while though if the game wasnt so very short. I completed the game in around two hours and i took my time with the levels. Another shortcoming of the game is its checkpoint system that often forces you to replay unnecessary sections which can be quite annoying. This game is simply an alright short little platforming that neither really impresses or pisses off the player. Pick it up for a cheap price if you need to waste an hour or two. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2013
    Maybe the problem is with the godawful Unity engine, I don't know. Although the levels and the music are nice, the overly lifelike physics go rampant in this game.

If you are making a physics based puzzle platformer, you gotta make sure that the game has solid controls and well outlined levels that don't let the physics engine enough freedom to make the game frustrating. (See Portal. If physics would work realistically in Portal it would be a terrible game.)
  5. May 31, 2015
    Bad game-play, horrible camera control, background in your plain sight hiding everything and unbalanced checkpoint locations make this game a quest for frustration and pain instead of challenge and fun. Worst marble game ever.

There are no critic reviews yet.