• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: May 5, 2006
7.6

1. Nov 4, 2014
    This game is horrid. I was all excited to see elements of an RPG but all I got was a lackluster warcraft, but with worse graphics (didn't think that was possible). I honestly don't see what the draw is. There are few units, the textures are terrible but the troop movement is fluid. I did spend $5 on this game but it wasn't worth it in the least. The only reason I would ever play this gameThis game is horrid. I was all excited to see elements of an RPG but all I got was a lackluster warcraft, but with worse graphics (didn't think that was possible). I honestly don't see what the draw is. There are few units, the textures are terrible but the troop movement is fluid. I did spend $5 on this game but it wasn't worth it in the least. The only reason I would ever play this game is to be reminded of old school games I used to play like Lords of the Realm or Warcraft. Expand
  2. May 28, 2014
    I dig mindless hack-and-slash, and this game has it in spades. I had a fun time playing through once and will probably go back and reinstall at some point in the future. It has bugs, sure, and it's not perfect, but it's fun, and the level of character customization is very fun and rewarding. Just don't pay too much for it and you won't be disappointed.
  3. Jan 19, 2014
    This is masterpice........ I enjoyed every minute! I hope that Spellforce 3 will be something like this one! This game atmosphere is so good, beautiful landscape and music!
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    I've only started playing the first couple scenes and the overall gameplay seems like it'll be good, but the reason I gave it a 5 is because of the voiceover. For such a highly rated and valued game among RPG players, you think the company wouldn't have skimped on bad acting... I just can't get past the lack of emotionalism during the dialog scenes.
  5. May 6, 2012
    This is a decent time sink, but compared to other games on the maket, I can't recommend going out of your way to play this. The RPG aspects and cumbersome and not really distinctive, while the RTS elements are more annoying that interesting. If you want a great RPG party based game, there are many great games worth playing. If you want a great RTS game, there are also many great gamesThis is a decent time sink, but compared to other games on the maket, I can't recommend going out of your way to play this. The RPG aspects and cumbersome and not really distinctive, while the RTS elements are more annoying that interesting. If you want a great RPG party based game, there are many great games worth playing. If you want a great RTS game, there are also many great games in that genre. Spellforce offers a playable combination of those two genres, but nothing in the atmosphere, characters, story, or gameplay mechanics really stood out to me. Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2012
    I got this game free with my graphics card a few years ago. It was an awesome game, and I loved how it mixed RPG with RTS elements at different points of the game. The maps and dungeons etc were designed well and the graphics were great. I'd say its twice as good as Dungeon Siege.
  7. Sep 13, 2010
    I admired many parts of this game. I have played for around 60-70 hours with it quite happy most of the time. I really loved how the sunset and dawn cast a totally different color to the scenes. Graphics is great, especially the handling of light and shadow. So for me it was worth buying this title.
  8. May 28, 2014

1. And tackling the huge amount of diverse RPG quests, picking up and evaluating items, advancing your character's skills to match your tactics is a thoroughly engrossing mix. SpellForce 2 is that rare beast - a thoroughly well executed hybrid game.
  2. If the game has any major flaws at all, it's that whilst the two halves of the game, RTS and RPG, mesh together brilliantly, if you take either of those elements in isolation, they're perhaps a little on the lightweight side. Fortunately, the game does have real synergy: it's greater than the sum of its parts.
  3. The combination of RTS and RPG works well, each having its very distinct place in the overall feel of the game. Throw in that multiplayer bonus and developer Phenomic is in danger of having a hit on its hands.