8.1

1. ZedoM.
    Sep 12, 2008
    This was a pretty good game, and I enjoyed making my own creatures. I think you should be able to make different kinds of creatures, such as fish, birds, etc, for different environments, and they want you to create a different type of creature, but they all assume the mouth, eyes, and nose will close together, so it makes the creatures look humanoid. I want to get Spore to play as my This was a pretty good game, and I enjoyed making my own creatures. I think you should be able to make different kinds of creatures, such as fish, birds, etc, for different environments, and they want you to create a different type of creature, but they all assume the mouth, eyes, and nose will close together, so it makes the creatures look humanoid. I want to get Spore to play as my creatures now, though. Brilliant Advertising for $10.00, Maxis! Expand
  2. NeilC
    Jul 21, 2008
    I really enjoyed playing this, simple yet very effective. My 6 year old daughter loves it even more though and she keeps wanting to bring gangs of her friends in to the house to see her creations :) , I hadn't heard of Spore before i played this but i will certainly be keeping an eye on it now. If the creator is anything to go by then the full game should be fun.
  3. CameronB.
    Oct 28, 2008
    I've been following Spore for several years now, waiting with baited breath as Will Wright showed off his masterpiece at different conventions. What he was attempting was truly amazing; user-generated content, procedurally textured and animated. I devoured every preview as they came out, barely able to wait for what would naturally be one of the greatest games ever. So when I finally I've been following Spore for several years now, waiting with baited breath as Will Wright showed off his masterpiece at different conventions. What he was attempting was truly amazing; user-generated content, procedurally textured and animated. I devoured every preview as they came out, barely able to wait for what would naturally be one of the greatest games ever. So when I finally got to play Spore, I was almost entirely let down. Somewhere along the line, everything that had made the game unique and exciting had been replaced with content that we haven't just seen before, we've seen it done a whole lot better. No creature animations based on where body parts are placed - every animation is the same. No living, breathing ecosystem - animals stand around their nests, doing absolutely nothing. No interesting creatures to be made in the cell stage - we're limited to making blobs. No real planet terraforming in the space stage - you just dump a few different plant and animal types down and they magically spread all over the planet. The creature, building and vehicle editors are, however, fun to tinker around in. Essentially, Spore is a mere shadow of what was promised. What we got was a series of minigames, none of them terribly interesting or entertaining. There are expansion packs planned. These could perhaps change Spore into what it was supposed to be, but I for one won't be buying them. I was promised a Ferrari, I got a toddler's tricycle. Such a disappointment. Expand
  4. RyanE.
    Jun 18, 2008
    shouldn't have been released quite yet. Most errors and glitches are merely graphical though. pretty solid coding for the most part.
  5. JonasH.
    Jun 18, 2008
    This game is like an advanced version of Mr. Potato Head, except you can actually colour and animate your creature, and of course, the amount of parts you have is bigger. This is definitely worth the 10 USD it costs. If not more.
  6. RonaldYu
    Jun 19, 2008
    Wel my english is not that very good, but I would like to say this game is very good and fun yes. In includes option to make creatures that look like dick's i have seen on the internet HAHA! it makes me laugh very much when I shoewed the dicks to my mother.
  7. Andrew
    Jun 19, 2008
    Great! It does limit you though, no water, no flying, (only gliding) no bugs, etc etc... The mouths assume that they are near the eyes. You have a "forward" direction no matter what. Stuff like that.
  8. LeahR.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Lots of fun for an hour or two, but ultimately it's just a modeling program, and as such the limited control eventually starts to become frustrating (especially if you have a background in using 3D apps). However, this is an immense step in the right direction for the generation of user-created content.
  9. TravisS.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Packed with a ton of parts, features...for ten dollars this is some of the most fun you will have in todays market of rehashed games. Spore offers something is rarely seen in todays industry...revolutionary gameplay. This is a great example of things to come when the full game is released on Sept 7th.
  10. chris
    Jun 17, 2008
    This is the greatest character creator ever released. I've always wanted a game with full freedom over the model. Perfect!
  11. TS
    Jun 29, 2008
    For ten bucks you can't get a better source of entertainment. If the creature builder is this good, I can't wait for the game.
  12. SamF.
    Jul 20, 2008
    The idea to let the public make the creatures is genius and its made so anyone can easily make pretty much anything they can think of. The backgrounds look cheap though with a 2d look to the ground ,but perhaps this will change in the full game. Your given a variety of parts to make your creature with an endless omount of color choices and textures to choose from. I really think the The idea to let the public make the creatures is genius and its made so anyone can easily make pretty much anything they can think of. The backgrounds look cheap though with a 2d look to the ground ,but perhaps this will change in the full game. Your given a variety of parts to make your creature with an endless omount of color choices and textures to choose from. I really think the sucess of spore will rely on the full game and how all these creatures play out in game. If the game itself is fun to play it will surely be a hit. Expand
  13. BillS.
    Aug 26, 2008
    Both a great way to market the full game, and also a very fun and interesting application to be used in challenging ones own imagination, but could Definitely use an optional tutorial as it took me Forever to realize you can resize everything.
  14. AtleeH.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Though the asking price of $10.00 might seem like a lot for something you could get in September, the creature creator is a wonderfully fun and intuitive start for your future Spore gaming experience.
  15. ChrisR.
    Jun 18, 2008
    This is a great demo for most certainly a great game. I can't give it a 10 because it's only a demo, but It will still offer hours of fun.
  16. ReneeM.
    Jun 21, 2008
    This was ridiculously fun. I enjoyed the creative elements of creature creation and the amazing flexibility of the creator. Even with the limited choices offered in the demo, it was still a really fun experience to make a creature. I do wish the voices had been more varied to suit the creatures size (deeper voices for bigger monsters perhaps), but maybe that's in the full release. I This was ridiculously fun. I enjoyed the creative elements of creature creation and the amazing flexibility of the creator. Even with the limited choices offered in the demo, it was still a really fun experience to make a creature. I do wish the voices had been more varied to suit the creatures size (deeper voices for bigger monsters perhaps), but maybe that's in the full release. I also liked the photo and video features - what a cool idea. I can hardly wait to see what else comes out for Spore! Expand
  17. PaulaF.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Fantastic 3D jumpstarted! the first time you log in you'll be creating awesome stuff. Very addicting. Looking forward to the full game play in sept.
  18. PPFreely
    Jul 11, 2008
    There is no better tool on the market to create Penis monsters with than Spore Creature Creator.
  19. FrazerS.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Although it is keeps you occupied for quite some time, it's charm soon wears off and you wonder why you bought it as it only increases you craving for the original game.
  20. Apr 6, 2011
    I loved playing with the creature creator... I just wish the game it was attached to had been what we all *thought* it would be - a game that would really pit our creations against the environment and against eat other (and perhaps with the hilarious possibility of breeding them). Instead, what could have been a vivid, evolving game environment created by player creativity and luck becameI loved playing with the creature creator... I just wish the game it was attached to had been what we all *thought* it would be - a game that would really pit our creations against the environment and against eat other (and perhaps with the hilarious possibility of breeding them). Instead, what could have been a vivid, evolving game environment created by player creativity and luck became a bog-standard linear type game with a few mini-games thrown in. I still hope someone will make the game spore could have been, but until then I can make creatures and dream. Expand

1. Concocting cool critters is incredibly addictive, and the ability to save any and all of your beasts for future use in the game is pretty awesome.
  2. While it acts like a pre-order incentive, in actual fact, playing the Creature Creator, it absolutely justifies itself. Even if you never plan to play Spore, it's absolutely essential you play this.
  3. Spore: Creature Creator tells me a few things: creating new species is great fun, creation tools can be simple yet deep, people will always make the rudest things possible, and Spore is going to be a massively popular PC release.