8.0

1. Apr 6, 2011
    I loved playing with the creature creator... I just wish the game it was attached to had been what we all *thought* it would be - a game that would really pit our creations against the environment and against eat other (and perhaps with the hilarious possibility of breeding them). Instead, what could have been a vivid, evolving game environment created by player creativity and luck becameI loved playing with the creature creator... I just wish the game it was attached to had been what we all *thought* it would be - a game that would really pit our creations against the environment and against eat other (and perhaps with the hilarious possibility of breeding them). Instead, what could have been a vivid, evolving game environment created by player creativity and luck became a bog-standard linear type game with a few mini-games thrown in. I still hope someone will make the game spore could have been, but until then I can make creatures and dream. Expand

1. Concocting cool critters is incredibly addictive, and the ability to save any and all of your beasts for future use in the game is pretty awesome.
  2. While it acts like a pre-order incentive, in actual fact, playing the Creature Creator, it absolutely justifies itself. Even if you never plan to play Spore, it's absolutely essential you play this.
  3. Spore: Creature Creator tells me a few things: creating new species is great fun, creation tools can be simple yet deep, people will always make the rudest things possible, and Spore is going to be a massively popular PC release.