Spore Creature Creator PC

8.1

1. RyanE.
    Jun 18, 2008
    shouldn't have been released quite yet. Most errors and glitches are merely graphical though. pretty solid coding for the most part.
  2. LeahR.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Lots of fun for an hour or two, but ultimately it's just a modeling program, and as such the limited control eventually starts to become frustrating (especially if you have a background in using 3D apps). However, this is an immense step in the right direction for the generation of user-created content.
  3. FrazerS.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Although it is keeps you occupied for quite some time, it's charm soon wears off and you wonder why you bought it as it only increases you craving for the original game.
  4. Apr 6, 2011
    I loved playing with the creature creator... I just wish the game it was attached to had been what we all *thought* it would be - a game that would really pit our creations against the environment and against eat other (and perhaps with the hilarious possibility of breeding them). Instead, what could have been a vivid, evolving game environment created by player creativity and luck becameI loved playing with the creature creator... I just wish the game it was attached to had been what we all *thought* it would be - a game that would really pit our creations against the environment and against eat other (and perhaps with the hilarious possibility of breeding them). Instead, what could have been a vivid, evolving game environment created by player creativity and luck became a bog-standard linear type game with a few mini-games thrown in. I still hope someone will make the game spore could have been, but until then I can make creatures and dream. Expand
  5. Jul 4, 2016
    Vastly over-rated game and over-hyped as typical with EA releases. I played this back in 2008 and decided to give it another fair chance again, and playing it for the past week. Spore is a game that cannot be judged based on the early spore/creature/tribal and civilized because these are the fun aspects but unfortunately these are phases are short lived and paves the way to the dreadfulVastly over-rated game and over-hyped as typical with EA releases. I played this back in 2008 and decided to give it another fair chance again, and playing it for the past week. Spore is a game that cannot be judged based on the early spore/creature/tribal and civilized because these are the fun aspects but unfortunately these are phases are short lived and paves the way to the dreadful space phase which is rife with problems and heavily lets the game down and this is unfortunately the 'main' game.

Space is basically that, a really weak 4x strategy game with 'action' thrown in, the problems is that your empire is basically 'YOU', the larger your civilization gets, the harder it becomes to maintain your colony's from attacks from the Grox/Pirates.

Completing some of the space missions gets frustrating, especially learning the Grox secret at the center of the galaxy, EA had the nerve to more to less make this a 'puzzle' game by limiting your space travel the closer to the core, and you're forced to spend a ridiculously long time fighting the Grox and finding black holes and hoping it will will take you closer.

1. Concocting cool critters is incredibly addictive, and the ability to save any and all of your beasts for future use in the game is pretty awesome.
  2. While it acts like a pre-order incentive, in actual fact, playing the Creature Creator, it absolutely justifies itself. Even if you never plan to play Spore, it's absolutely essential you play this.
  3. Spore: Creature Creator tells me a few things: creating new species is great fun, creation tools can be simple yet deep, people will always make the rudest things possible, and Spore is going to be a massively popular PC release.