Spore PC

5.3

1. Dec 8, 2016
    Why this game catches so much flack is beyond me, it was a daunting task to attempt this game, and honestly it didn't turn out too poorly, the primary reason people hate this is probably due to the fact that EA is the devil of publishers. Other than that, and a few minor bugs, this game is completely fine.
  2. Dec 6, 2016
    Это очень хорошая игра, для детей в большей степени конечно. Играл в 10 лет было очень давно, но это было очень забавно. Играя в настоящее время конечно сразу видно множество недочётов и косяков, но все равно это игрушка запала в душу, попробуйте:) Может кому и сейчас понравится.Это очень хорошая игра, для детей в большей степени конечно. Играл в 10 лет было очень давно, но это было очень забавно. Играя в настоящее время конечно сразу видно множество недочётов и косяков, но все равно это игрушка запала в душу, попробуйте:) Может кому и сейчас понравится.
  3. Oct 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Melhor jogo do mundo sem comparações, jogo com exelente idea em que você cria sua própria evolução, impossivel discordar MELHOR jogo.................. Expand
  4. May 8, 2016
    Very good, but forgotten game, rated not by what it is, but what it was supposed to be. Very addictive, not-boring and variable gameplay from cell to space never gets old for me.
    Thank you, Maxis!
  5. Dec 17, 2015
    Have over 100 hours in this game.
    Say everyone it's the best.
    Be hate by everyone in school.
    This game worth it.
    11/10 not too bad.
    DLC good too.
    But vanilia better.
  6. Jun 22, 2015
    Good Game !
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Buy this game !
  7. Jun 14, 2015
    One of the greatest games that I ever seen, Sadly, players gave unfair reviews just because they were not satisfied with the DRM. This is a great game, from cell stage, on your home planet, to space stage you can guide your own species to build an Empire on several stellar systems!
  8. Feb 7, 2015
    This game is very fun and exciting, because you get to create awesome (or really stupid looking) creatures of your choice! although, when you play it for gets a bit boring
  9. Feb 4, 2015
    I don't get it. Maybe we humans are just morons in general, but calling this game the worst thing ever since Marmite is just moronic.

Sure, there are some bad (and a bit terrible) aspects of the game but most people that wrote all those negative reviews are mostly like: Derr i liek eggs huehuheuhuehe. But here i am, a "sentient" human with enough intelligence to give this game a

But here i am, a "sentient" human with enough intelligence to give this game a legit review.
    A simple note here: my reviews tend to be short and only mention the things a new player needs to know about before jumping into a world with, let's say armageddon/hippieland.

To start off, this game starts you off as a cell who either eats plants that float around in the water or pieces of flesh that you have ripped off from your enemies, this is mostly what determines what your creature(s) eat in the rest of the evolution that you tak part in. You can also be an omnivore if you collect a certain item or equip two items separately.

Let's smash-cut to the creature stage where you will be presented with a 3D world for you are free to explore, unlike the 2.5D that you swim around in as a cell. You collect parts from skeletons to upgrade your creature or get them form befriended alpha-creatures/an entire species. You befriend them with sick moves, charming pedophile-like eyes, flexing with your posable body, and making an outright ruckus with your (un)godly voice.

Or if you prefer the violent way of dealing with things you can slaughter everything you see, ripping off parts from your enemies and devouring their hearts as you advance in the epic tale of the complete psycho, which you might be.

Violently panning to tribal stage, this is where things take a turn (for the best) in which: you will be controlling your tribe in a sort of, strategy game. Conquer other tribes with force (which is the harder option) or get close to them and make them your allies with music.

Another time-warp to the Civlisation-stage where you've got your first city and with that in mind, you basically repeat the tribal-stage but with a much larger area to take control of. A much moreb boring stage basically.

I am getting tired of writing this much while i really don't care, i mean. This does nothing other than giving this game a better score than most "people" think. Whuh....

Fine, whatever. In the space stage you.... ahg! **** it, You colonize planets, complete tasks for your fellow mates, befriend other space-dudes (or kill em') and some ****

Here's a summary:

pros:

1) A lot of creation involved.
    2) Interesting story
    3) Nice expansion packs

cons:

1) Community is full of people who gave this game all o' them reviews
    2) D*ckmonsters

A very shortened review to say the least. But there's nothing i can do. This game is golden in my eyes but no-one seems to agree.
    I don't know what to say basically (i'm just very lazy)
    I gave this game a higher score than planned because of it's user-rating. So, yeah.
  10. Dec 6, 2014
    Spore is wonderful game. I admit the game play is far from perfect but this game got me interested in the potential games have to be innovated and amazing. Whenever I have friends or guests over I show them this game and they love it. The creature creating tool is amazing and it allows you to make all kinds of creatures from a humble slug to a giant meat eating predator. What I do wish isSpore is wonderful game. I admit the game play is far from perfect but this game got me interested in the potential games have to be innovated and amazing. Whenever I have friends or guests over I show them this game and they love it. The creature creating tool is amazing and it allows you to make all kinds of creatures from a humble slug to a giant meat eating predator. What I do wish is that the game had a better ending I didn't think much of it. Overall this is an amazing game that should be played and explored. Expand
  11. Aug 14, 2014
    This game is amazing.
    Released in the late 2008 (people probably forgot about this), gives you the possibility to follow the life of a fantastic specie, totally editable from the cell stage, through the creature, tribal, civilization stages, right to the space!
    This game is amazing.
    The game is presented with fancy graphics and funny details which makes it entertaining from the first stage to the last. The space phase is endless, as the majority of the unforgettable games.
    I'm writing this 6 years after its release and I'm still certain that this game is worth its cost, I totally can't understand all of those bad critics.
    I can tell this game was and is futuristic.
  12. Aug 8, 2014
    Spore is game about the evolution life creature and the history of fist creature on planet. This game is good, i think. Maybe if i can play online is much better.
  13. Jun 22, 2014
    This was the game that made get into video games. The game that started it all. I love this game. I was hyped when it first came out (right on my birthday too). Almost everything about Spore is good, and the reason why the user score is lower than the critic score is because people are mad that the original Spore was nothing like the one we got, and that they oversimplified it. While I doThis was the game that made get into video games. The game that started it all. I love this game. I was hyped when it first came out (right on my birthday too). Almost everything about Spore is good, and the reason why the user score is lower than the critic score is because people are mad that the original Spore was nothing like the one we got, and that they oversimplified it. While I do think that the original Spore (if they continued developing it) was going to better than the final product, Spore is still an very enjoyable game that will waste your life once you get hooked to the gameplay. Expand
  14. Apr 17, 2014
    Although a lot of people hate this game and think Spore isn't a great game, i'm one of those people who have rated this game as my favorite PC game. The best mechanic is how your choices early on impact your future in the final stage. Literally the funnest experience and is really unique from any other game i've ever played regardless of graphics. And for those people who think this gameAlthough a lot of people hate this game and think Spore isn't a great game, i'm one of those people who have rated this game as my favorite PC game. The best mechanic is how your choices early on impact your future in the final stage. Literally the funnest experience and is really unique from any other game i've ever played regardless of graphics. And for those people who think this game is so easy and repetitive - Stop playing on the easiest difficulty. Expand
  15. Mar 26, 2014
    It could have been revolutionary, it could have been the finest game ever crafted. Simplified to the max, catering to the lowest common denominator, content cut out of the game. EA ruined yet another masterpiece. Still, I rate this game 8/10 because it shows the potential of what games are capable of, how far we've come. Like the Jurassic Park Trespasser game, which was a bad game, yetIt could have been revolutionary, it could have been the finest game ever crafted. Simplified to the max, catering to the lowest common denominator, content cut out of the game. EA ruined yet another masterpiece. Still, I rate this game 8/10 because it shows the potential of what games are capable of, how far we've come. Like the Jurassic Park Trespasser game, which was a bad game, yet introduced physics and a 3D open world before the Half-Life series came along. Expand
  16. Feb 10, 2014
    My eight year old self adored this game, as a nerdy gamer child who liked to play God. Some say the promotional demos played by Wil and some of the team were better than the final product and they are right. The original tech demos were amazing and looked like they could have been one of the greatest games of all time. The end product is a slightly watered down, childish version of theMy eight year old self adored this game, as a nerdy gamer child who liked to play God. Some say the promotional demos played by Wil and some of the team were better than the final product and they are right. The original tech demos were amazing and looked like they could have been one of the greatest games of all time. The end product is a slightly watered down, childish version of the demos; but it's a fun watered down, childish version of the demos. Expand
  17. Feb 10, 2014
    This is the single best game ever played by any human being evah. It is the holy grail of games. That shall have it's praise sung from the halls of Asgard, all the way to the small, mouse holes in prehistoric America. 6/10, IGN.
  18. Jan 12, 2014
    Great game! The creature creator is really fun, and the progression through the stages is really cool! To watch your creature go from a cell to a huge space empire is one of the coolest things about it! It is really fun, and has great replay value!
  19. Dec 4, 2013
    I was introduced to this by a friend. Ever scince I looked forward to playing it. It was a awesome experience and you should try it and spend some money you (or someone elce) have worked hard to earn on this game.
  20. Nov 16, 2013
    Fun game for a while, could never push myself to continue far into the Space stage. It became a bore, yet the extent and detail of the scenery and game play must have been thought strongly into, and became a large sit-down part of the run. I enjoy this game, and would recommend it.
  21. Oct 19, 2013
    Spore is one of the most innovative games that EA has released. It remains my favorite game of all time due to its decision making and realism. Many people say the gameplay is bad but if you give it a chance, it really is a very fun game.
  22. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is what it is. people complain its too simple, others complain its too complex and they hate RTS games. which one is it? and the complains of "it doesn't deliver" are just plain invalid. if a game doesn't met your hyped expectation doesn't make it a bad game. this game is what it is and that's a very entertaining, cute life simulator where later on you need to manage theThis game is what it is. people complain its too simple, others complain its too complex and they hate RTS games. which one is it? and the complains of "it doesn't deliver" are just plain invalid. if a game doesn't met your hyped expectation doesn't make it a bad game. this game is what it is and that's a very entertaining, cute life simulator where later on you need to manage the massiveness you've spawned. no game can live up to the hype people or the game made of it, this game suffered a lot form it critically. awesome game to past the time, and awesome for the kiddies too. Expand
  23. Sep 10, 2013
    Was the game everything that was promised? No. Is it fun still? I think so.

Trying it again years later and still having fun with it!

I think looking back on it, you might have fun with it, especially if you never knew about the hype or what was promised and take the game as it stands.
  24. Jul 24, 2013
    Recommended: Get this at Target. I bought this game 6 months ago. I was totally entertained. From worst stages to best:

Creature

Cell

Tribe

Civilization

SPAAAACE!

But the reason why i gave this a 9 is because sims 3 is better.
  25. Jul 3, 2013
    Why so many awful reviews? Sure, the trailers were so much better then the game, but the creature creator is fantastic with so many possibilities. The stages are all decently fun(except tribal). If the combat and socialization required some actual skill, this game would be amazing. As is, its still a fun experience with lots of replayability
  26. Mar 21, 2013
    I got spore a long time ago when I was about 11. I simply adored it. But is this just because I was young? No. I played it for a while, making more advanced creatures, houses, cars and spaceships as I developed my creativity. The gameplay itself I enjoyed considerably less but it was still enjoyable, I found some of the stages repetitive and tedious but otherwise it was a very amusing andI got spore a long time ago when I was about 11. I simply adored it. But is this just because I was young? No. I played it for a while, making more advanced creatures, houses, cars and spaceships as I developed my creativity. The gameplay itself I enjoyed considerably less but it was still enjoyable, I found some of the stages repetitive and tedious but otherwise it was a very amusing and fun game. I personally loved playing all sorts of different creatures, I loved it how you could customize virtually everything and how your....creature progressed through evolutionary stages. Its simply amazing that you can conquer the entire universe (I think you can.) There are so many different options you can take to change your creature and it really feels like you're the one who's doing it. The combat itself I found....a bit too simple but for a game aimed at kiddywinkles I think its fair to say there won't be any kind of mutilation .Shame. With so many things you can do in the game, so many things you can create I would strongly recommend it. Expand
  27. Feb 22, 2013
    You either love it or you hate it, as you can see from other reviews. Me personally enjoyed it, others may think that it was too simplistic, it was meant to be pleasing for both hardcore and casual players but I would say it did veer slightly into casual. Still a great game. The only thing that displeased me were the add-on prices. Other then that nothing
  28. Jan 29, 2013
    What the f*** is with all of the bad reviews? Sure, its a terrible excuse for the trailers, but you shouldn't just give it an instant 0. Even though I was still disappointed myself, its still an enjoyable game. In what other game will you be able make and evolve your own space-faring species and conquer the galaxy? Its very fun to also just make creatures, and flex your creative mind.
  29. Jan 2, 2013
    Spores a great game worth trying. I played 40 hours of it and loved it. It lost a mark because the expansion packs were horrible. The evolution idea was brilliant
  30. Aug 14, 2012
    absolutly the best game of all time and my personal favorite game as well, its just so fun! its also very creative and let me bring to life all my favorite ideas into a game! theres such a massive amount of things to do that it keeps me playing all day, and the next day and the next day! the best game i've ever spent my money on! i only have a few complaints, one is that it crashes alotabsolutly the best game of all time and my personal favorite game as well, its just so fun! its also very creative and let me bring to life all my favorite ideas into a game! theres such a massive amount of things to do that it keeps me playing all day, and the next day and the next day! the best game i've ever spent my money on! i only have a few complaints, one is that it crashes alot and moves slowly sometimes in the heat of combat, and it doesnt always send my creations to the sporepedia website, but other than those faults, i say get this game immedietly! :DDDDD Expand
  31. Jul 23, 2012
    I really like this game! I'll be honest, I have NO IDEA Why so many people say this game is no good! I mean, the fact that this game has a 4.7 rating is clearly showing something about humanity. It looks like Halo and COD have taken over...*Sigh* I'll be honest, the cell stage was kind of boring, and Tribal Stage didn't appeal to me, but the game in itself was great. The design for all theI really like this game! I'll be honest, I have NO IDEA Why so many people say this game is no good! I mean, the fact that this game has a 4.7 rating is clearly showing something about humanity. It looks like Halo and COD have taken over...*Sigh* I'll be honest, the cell stage was kind of boring, and Tribal Stage didn't appeal to me, but the game in itself was great. The design for all the creatures you could create (in Creature Stage, the one directly after Cell) is amazing. So many patterns, so many designs...It amazes me. My personal favorite stage is Civilization. I just love the amount of variation that can happen depending on what difficulty you set your game to, and which kind of Civilization you chose to be! Now, everything here was setting you up the Space Stage. A lot of bad reviews are just people saying "THIS ONE IS TOO REPETITIVE AND ALL I DO IS DIE." So what? You die in other games, too. I actually had one person tell me in person that they didn't like all the dying, and that they'd rather go play an FPS game. This...I...I think I slapped them multiple times for that. It baffled me at how moronic the statement was, and if you don't get why, you should STOP playing video games, and go outside. Back to Space Stage. It's fun! It IS a bit redundant, much like this review, but I still enjoy making trade routes, setting up on other planet, and ANNIHILATING MY ENEMIES! Definitely recommended in my opinion. Get on Steam or in a local store! Expand
  32. Jul 17, 2012
    In my honest, full fledged opinion, SPORE is one of my favorite games. The main 'story' of it is fun, especially when you get to the last stage of evolution. The creation side of it is the best where you can make anything from a small bug thing to a dinosaur or something. You can make stuff from cells to cars, and everything in between. However, the DRM made the game worse, and it was overIn my honest, full fledged opinion, SPORE is one of my favorite games. The main 'story' of it is fun, especially when you get to the last stage of evolution. The creation side of it is the best where you can make anything from a small bug thing to a dinosaur or something. You can make stuff from cells to cars, and everything in between. However, the DRM made the game worse, and it was over hyped when it was released. Plus, when I first read all the reviews on this page, I almost cried. Despite the DRM and the other **** the game turned out really good, and merely does not deserve the hate its getting. Sure it has its flaws but so does every game.

However, the Galactic Adventures expansion pack costing $29.99 is freaking CHEAP.
  33. May 16, 2012
    ok lets get this strait. You guys have to stop rating this game basing it on other versions. simonli2575 would have given an 8 but he saw a different version. Another thing: if there was no complexity bar it would be stupid and make the game too easy!!!!! You guys are also leaving out one of the main features of the game, THE CREATION MODE!!!! This is one of the best features of the gameok lets get this strait. You guys have to stop rating this game basing it on other versions. simonli2575 would have given an 8 but he saw a different version. Another thing: if there was no complexity bar it would be stupid and make the game too easy!!!!! You guys are also leaving out one of the main features of the game, THE CREATION MODE!!!! This is one of the best features of the game and everyone is acting like it doesnt exist. Now that thats settled, my review. The game is fun, creative, and has endless possibilities, that is if you have a good imagination. it has good graphics and is super fun. It would be cool if the earlier stages were longer like cell, creature, and tribal. Awesome game, been playing it for years havent gotten bored since. 10 out of 10 Expand
  34. Feb 29, 2012
    If you were to take it for what it is, a casual, semi-friendly, game. If you realize that, this is a absolutely brilliant, revolutionary, mind blowing, and all around fun game. For me, a avid gamer, i found it a bit childish, but that is what the goal was. It takes you through 5 stages: the cell stage, creature stage, tribal stage, civilization stage, and the space stage. Each offering funIf you were to take it for what it is, a casual, semi-friendly, game. If you realize that, this is a absolutely brilliant, revolutionary, mind blowing, and all around fun game. For me, a avid gamer, i found it a bit childish, but that is what the goal was. It takes you through 5 stages: the cell stage, creature stage, tribal stage, civilization stage, and the space stage. Each offering fun game play for whomever may be playing. the first stage plays more like a arcade game, the second stage plays more like a FPS, and the final stage being more like a, well, flight simulator, but to tell you the truth it is a RUBBISH RTS. For a hardcore RTS player like my self, this game offered no mental capability, or challenge... In ANY aspect. But once again we are straying from the point. it is a childish game, aimed at a strong community, and a kid friendly game. This game, at least for me, offered a fun replay value, and a release from more serious games. But be warned, if you are a hardcore gamer, that likes fast pace games that take MENTAL thought, please stay away. 8/10 - for being different and fun, with amazing aspects. Expand
  35. Dec 28, 2011
    Many people who complain about how much the game has downgraded since the 2005 version forget that it's still a GOOD game overall. The core game is really more of a pleasant distraction; the true appeal lies in the creators, which allow you to create anything - anything at all - if you're creative enough. Still, there's something succinctly endearing about watching your own creation growMany people who complain about how much the game has downgraded since the 2005 version forget that it's still a GOOD game overall. The core game is really more of a pleasant distraction; the true appeal lies in the creators, which allow you to create anything - anything at all - if you're creative enough. Still, there's something succinctly endearing about watching your own creation grow and mature as you guide it from microbe to spaceman. It could do with expansion and development of the core concept, and I would be lying if I were to say that I wouldn't welcome a more fleshed-out creature stage, but the things that are lacking aren't strictly needed. All in all, this is an engrossing, likable envisionment of a wonderful concept that will appeal most to the casual demographic. Expand
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    I am reviewing this game for what it is, not what it isn't. Spore is overall, a decent game. I recommend you get it though steam though, as the game has a crippling DRM that will ruin the price. Anyways, the game is 30.00, not that bad for a decent title. It consists of 5 stages and 2 DLCs. The stages are Cell, Creature, Tribal, Civ, and Space. Cell- Overall interesting, albeit simplistic.I am reviewing this game for what it is, not what it isn't. Spore is overall, a decent game. I recommend you get it though steam though, as the game has a crippling DRM that will ruin the price. Anyways, the game is 30.00, not that bad for a decent title. It consists of 5 stages and 2 DLCs. The stages are Cell, Creature, Tribal, Civ, and Space. Cell- Overall interesting, albeit simplistic. Eat things that you can eat (Green plants for herbivores, other cells for carnivores or meat chunks, both for omnivores, but no meat chunks unless you use both mouth types). Gives you the impression your growing, make it its own game and add some levels and you have a good game that could sell well on its own. Add in a custom character customizer and you have a perfect game. 9/10

Creature- Bland, not much to it, make a creature, fight or befriend others, Needs more options for attacks and social abilities. Also, its rather buggy. But it works i guess. Would never sell on its own as a game 7/10

Tribe- Insanely hard. Least favorite stage for such a casual game. Needs more content, needs to be less difficult 6/10

Civilization- Good enough, blow up cities, make deals, new outfitter and vehicle customizers, fun to play with, not the best stage though. Prefer it to be longer and more challenging though. 8/10

Space- Very nice, has all creators so far except cell and early creature creators. Fun exploring, near perfect game play, hard to play though, but satisfying when you win, It contains elements from all the other stages, making it so you need to be clever about your tactics. Excellent pastime, great stage. 10/10

DLCs:

Galactic Adevtures: Nifty new creator that i absolutely love, new types of missions in the space stage, new creature creator that has what i was looking for, nice adventure mode which makes things a lot more interesting as time goes by. Doesn't add much content to other stages though. 8/10

Creepy And Cute: Nice parts for creature creator, but they are just reskins except for the feet, hands and details. Overpriced, unnecessary, get it if you see it on sale for 5-10 bucks. 5/10

Bot Parts: Free with a doctor pepper, parts look nice, don't serve much of a purpose though. Can't get it anymore. Also has bug fixes. 10/10, but its not available anymore and not available in anywhere except the U.S. and Canada. So 8/10

Overall:

Fun: 8/10 Enough to keep you busy

Graphics: 10/10 Good enough, nothing spectacular, looks kiddish and neat though.

Creativity: 11/10 Second best to Minecraft.

Story: 7/10 Generic. But amusing at the end game.

Community: 5/10 Too much drama going on about nothing. Thank god there is no multiplayer.

Value: 9/10 30 Dollars is an OK price. Buy it if its for less though, but get it anyways if you can.

Expectations (Without knowing of older trailers): 10/10 Exceeds expectations

Expectations (With knowing of older trailers): 6/10 Not NEARLY as good as it looked, but its the same game for the most part and is good enough.

Overall Score: 9/10, 8/10 for Retail version. Get on steam or origin
  37. CRL
    Nov 6, 2011
    I, having never seen the original E3 trailers for this game, give it a 8/10. The creators were unlike anything I've ever seen, and they eat up hours of your time by themselves. There's always something new you can make, and since getting this game I've probably made hundreds of creatures and vehicles. The story mode itself is also pretty fun, with my favorite being the Civilization stage.I, having never seen the original E3 trailers for this game, give it a 8/10. The creators were unlike anything I've ever seen, and they eat up hours of your time by themselves. There's always something new you can make, and since getting this game I've probably made hundreds of creatures and vehicles. The story mode itself is also pretty fun, with my favorite being the Civilization stage. The final stage, Space, is a bit of an RPG as well, and you have an entire galaxy to explore. So, without knowledge of what it could have been, I'll say this was a great game. Expand
  38. Aug 18, 2011
    I can't say I understand WHY people think this is a bad game. It may not have been what most people expected it to be, but it was still a great game. There are only three notable downsides: the controls are sometimes a bid wobbly (though this doesn't affect the game much), the physics (especially on jumping and climbing) can get pretty wonky at times (again, nothing game-breaking) and theI can't say I understand WHY people think this is a bad game. It may not have been what most people expected it to be, but it was still a great game. There are only three notable downsides: the controls are sometimes a bid wobbly (though this doesn't affect the game much), the physics (especially on jumping and climbing) can get pretty wonky at times (again, nothing game-breaking) and the tribal stage's extreme difficulty when trying to kill other tribes instead of befriending them. Other than those things, the game is great, especially with both its expansions. The creators are very fun, and you will notice improvement in your creations over time. You can also pick up some techniques and ideas from other users via Spore's built-in sharing system, the Sporepedia. When you download someone else's creature, they can appear in your game as an NPC. If you choose not to download any creations, Maxis has a ton of built in creatures, buildings and vehicles as well. As for the individual stages, they are all very fun and provide something different each time. Although you CAN skip directly to a later stage, you are at a disadvantage, as you won't be able to get certain archetypes (which give you special abilities) or any other perks obtainable only in earlier stages. This is a bit of an incentive to maximize gameplay time, although it's much more rewarding when you actually get these abilities. To wrap up my review, I would just like to point out that the majority of negative reviews are probably the result of disappointment at a game that seemed like it would be much different. Although I can sympathise with these people, I still feel it's no reason to rate a great game so poorly. If you don't own this game and happen to stumble upon my review, I say check it out and don't be fooled by its low user ratings. Expand
  39. Jul 30, 2011
    I am honestly disappointed that this game has gotten bad user reviews so far. In my opinion, this is a great game that took a lot of hard time and effort to make. The style of the game is very unique, like a cross between The Sims and and one of those strategy progressive games like Age of Empires, although the space stage is more like a star wars/star trek epic, and the creature stage isI am honestly disappointed that this game has gotten bad user reviews so far. In my opinion, this is a great game that took a lot of hard time and effort to make. The style of the game is very unique, like a cross between The Sims and and one of those strategy progressive games like Age of Empires, although the space stage is more like a star wars/star trek epic, and the creature stage is more like the Sims than the other parts. I, being a huge nerd and Sci-Fi fan, loved this game when it first came out. The scientific elements is very realistic for a very cartoon-ish game, and can be very educational for kids about the age of 8-14. A lot of people are complaining because they feel that the game is centered around the creature creator, but that's not what the game is about. It's about creating these creatures and paving the way of their outcome till they become every thing you've dreamed of. Well, maybe it's not the game for everyone, but I think more people should give the game a chance. Expand
  40. Mar 12, 2011
    Spore is a brilliant game the first time you play it. Afterwards, its just boring and far, far, far, far, far, far too easy. The game's graphics are extremely childish and unrealistic but that said the concept of the game and its gameplay is really good. Creating a creature is tons of fun and then being able to play as it, be it herbivore, carnivore or omnivore but some of the controls areSpore is a brilliant game the first time you play it. Afterwards, its just boring and far, far, far, far, far, far too easy. The game's graphics are extremely childish and unrealistic but that said the concept of the game and its gameplay is really good. Creating a creature is tons of fun and then being able to play as it, be it herbivore, carnivore or omnivore but some of the controls are rather...dogy. The game has a lot of possibilites but had a lot of potential it hasn't met. Its surprising the game is 4 years old already! Its seems like only last year when i bought it for the first time. Its a good game, not brilliant but its creativity and concept do give it some credit. Its a game more for children - EA really has centred on child safety and friendly games, especially on Spore. Expand
  41. Feb 17, 2011
    The evolution is too fast, in my opinion, it would have been great to go deeper into every step of it. Graphics could have been better too, but it is ok, if you like that style they used. The creature creator is complex and with a wide variety, but you get used to it pretty fast. I never really unterstood the galaxy-related part, which is the last and longest part of the game, but as farThe evolution is too fast, in my opinion, it would have been great to go deeper into every step of it. Graphics could have been better too, but it is ok, if you like that style they used. The creature creator is complex and with a wide variety, but you get used to it pretty fast. I never really unterstood the galaxy-related part, which is the last and longest part of the game, but as far as I can rate it, it seems quite good.

I see the best use of this game on a LAN-party with several others and play it in a competition, like a speed run. ;)
  42. EmilyE
    Jan 1, 2010
    Spore is one of my favorite games.The story was fun,from cell to space.I absolutely love spore.It was a GREAT idea!Good job,EA!
  43. ThaHat[NONE]
    Dec 10, 2009
    Its pretty cool. Here's practically how I see it: You start as a little cell in the water, survive larger cells about 5 to 10 times bigger than you, and then you move to land, like a snake or snail, raptor or rat, epic either way you make your creature! And then you begin to live in a tribe like the Indian Ojibwa, or African Zulu, etc, etc, etc. Then you move to the stage humans are Its pretty cool. Here's practically how I see it: You start as a little cell in the water, survive larger cells about 5 to 10 times bigger than you, and then you move to land, like a snake or snail, raptor or rat, epic either way you make your creature! And then you begin to live in a tribe like the Indian Ojibwa, or African Zulu, etc, etc, etc. Then you move to the stage humans are in now *maybe a bit more advanced* and make a small civilization, fighting or allying with your own speicies. When you dominate your own planet, you go intergalactic, like starwars, or startrek..or...you get the idea. You can go around destroying other speices and taking their planet, or allying with spieces to make your way through the galaxy. But watch out for Grox! Mischivious empire like 16 solar systems big, in the middle of the galaxy, and not so nice! In space, work your way from Universal pawn to king of the universe, earning badges! Expand
  44. GuyT
    Jun 30, 2009
    I think most people here were expecting way too much out of spore. There was no way it could stand up to all that hype. Come on, if you're so pissed that everything you wanted wasn't in there, than get a job at EA and show them how it's done! I'll be here laughing at you. Stop whining about how EA ripped you and actually do something besides making it look like a I think most people here were expecting way too much out of spore. There was no way it could stand up to all that hype. Come on, if you're so pissed that everything you wanted wasn't in there, than get a job at EA and show them how it's done! I'll be here laughing at you. Stop whining about how EA ripped you and actually do something besides making it look like a terrible game. Sure, some of the fan-made content is going to be mediocre, but surely if you have time to whine on these comment areas, than you most definitely could be using that time finding Spore's good areas and suggesting fixes to the problems instead. Seriously though. I liked Spore a lot. I never bothered paying attention to all that hype because it was so obvious that most of it was not going to happen. I agree that the stages are a little short for my liking, but come on! is that really a massive problem? In all, Spore is a bit rough, but if you look at it's bright spots, then you get a great experience. Expand
  45. NoobP
    Jun 21, 2009
    I am a "hadcore" gamer and I loved this game. I have both a 360 and a ps3, and this is one of my favorite games. I spend probably about 50 or 60 hours a week gaming, and maybe 10 of those hours are Spore. I'm a strategy and FPS fan, too, so I love hardcore games. But this was just an amazing game. Good buy. Player-made content is awesome. Best part by far is space stage.
  46. FeralFork
    Apr 26, 2009
    Easily the best game made by EA. It's blend of creative gameplay and online community create a truly awesome experience. It is one of my very favorite games and has tons of potential. It is completely unique and boasts the most room for creativity I have seen in any game.
  47. ClaireStire
    Apr 1, 2009
    There is so much to love about Spore; creating, sharing, battling, eating, befriending, and so much more that I can't name it all. With the ability to create a creture, evolve it, and controll it, there's no end to the different paths you can choose from! A must-have for the creative mind.
  48. TreborL
    Feb 18, 2009
    I'm in a bit of disbelief. DRM sucks, yes, however, that is not enough to justify ever giving a good simulator/game a bad rating. Over 2.7million people have purchased Spore. Something has been done correctly given those numbers. It is unfair to rate spore as a normal game. Firstly, it does not cater towards the Strategy or First Person Shooter crowds, or the group known (and I'm in a bit of disbelief. DRM sucks, yes, however, that is not enough to justify ever giving a good simulator/game a bad rating. Over 2.7million people have purchased Spore. Something has been done correctly given those numbers. It is unfair to rate spore as a normal game. Firstly, it does not cater towards the Strategy or First Person Shooter crowds, or the group known (and mislabled as) 'core gamers'. If anyone remembers the Sims, it took years for it to become recognized as a game itself. It faced almost exactly the same reviews and complaints. Folks, Spore is NOT a game. It is a simulator that has game like elements put into it. spore itself is quite refreshing to play once you understand this core fact. It is intended as a playground for social and economic experiments. I personally took off from spore for about a month before I got back into it. I had gone into the game originally with a few wants to get out of it but, the fact that I now understand that it is a simulator just like SimCity and the Sims allows me to get a new level of enjoyment from creating in Spore. The game elements are incredibly simple because if you made each and every stage a fully fledged game, you'd have something too complex that goes out of the demographic they wanted to hit (Females, Children, and in general Simulation lovers). It is a creators paradise and it is a joy to see all the stuff one has created in action. THAT is why the games exist. The entertainment is in creating and seeing what happens. I will concede that a few elements can be a bit repetitive (pirate attacks occur frequently in the space stage and the uber-turret simply isnt enough to deal with the problem in many cases) however, that does not interfere with the playground aspect. Spore knows exactly what it is and what it isnt thankfully. It is simple, its always good to return to, and in no other game are you going to be able to see something you've created come to life (even if it is simulated). Expand
  49. SJT-Ruler*
    Feb 2, 2009
    To begin with, there's been MUCH hate towards Spore and EA, which is partly fair since the original Spore looked much better and contained much more, the old version may have well been one of the best games ever. Other than that, the "new" Spore somehow changed completely and was dumbed down while the community that asked for the return of all the promised parts of the game is still To begin with, there's been MUCH hate towards Spore and EA, which is partly fair since the original Spore looked much better and contained much more, the old version may have well been one of the best games ever. Other than that, the "new" Spore somehow changed completely and was dumbed down while the community that asked for the return of all the promised parts of the game is still being ignored as of today. That being said, it's sad but true, a good game is getting SERIOUSLY milked by their creators. HOWEVER, please realise, that this is not something were you should rate a game down for, look at the average user review here, like 4.5? Even if the game is dumbed down, stop comparing it with older Spore versions and rate Spore for what it is now, if you are a gamer at least use the intelligence to do that. What game already allows you to be SO creative? What game already allows you to conquer 5 million planets? If I'd conquer about 20 planets an hour and be online for 24/7, I'd still take 27 years to finish the game COMPLETELY. Trust me, I don't even take 20 planets an hour nor I am 24/7 online. With this being said, Spore is perhaps less than the Spore that was promised, but it is still one of the most user-friendly and biggest games that will ever exist, this is not an opinion but a fact. Expand
  50. BrianT
    Jan 24, 2009
    Ignore the dumb 0-votes below me; this game is very nice and gets you thinking, too. The creators are innovative, the stages all have good gameplay, and the Space stage lets you mess around with random planets. :D But, the game was WAYY too overhyped, and the stages are a bit too simple, but I don't know why everyone's rating 0 just because of the DRM. Like, come on, there IS a Ignore the dumb 0-votes below me; this game is very nice and gets you thinking, too. The creators are innovative, the stages all have good gameplay, and the Space stage lets you mess around with random planets. :D But, the game was WAYY too overhyped, and the stages are a bit too simple, but I don't know why everyone's rating 0 just because of the DRM. Like, come on, there IS a de-authorization-or-whatever-you-call-it tool, you know! Expand
  51. MattD
    Jan 10, 2009
    This game was way overhyped. That said the product while not revelutionary it is unique and not bad. Spore is like allot of decent games in one because the gameplay changes with each stage. I think the space stage is actually the funnest part of the game its like diablo with ships but also the most challenging and sometimes irritating. Especially when I am in the middle of one thing then This game was way overhyped. That said the product while not revelutionary it is unique and not bad. Spore is like allot of decent games in one because the gameplay changes with each stage. I think the space stage is actually the funnest part of the game its like diablo with ships but also the most challenging and sometimes irritating. Especially when I am in the middle of one thing then my homeworld randomly gets invaded or someones ecosystem is about to collapse. I hate when timers go up for me to complete two things at once. I am trying to expand a galactic empire here! So yes its both irritating but addicting. The other stages aren't very challenging I got through the them in a few days. Its not the best game but its unique and addicting so I'm glad I bought it. Expand
  52. Mollington
    Dec 29, 2008
    See now, disagree with everyone else who has given spore a low rating. I think it is extremely well done. You get to design your game, you choose the difficlty level and the way you interact with it. You can go for power hungry domination and blow away all other life than yourself to smitherenes or be peacefull and set up trade and make alies with your fellow planets. excellent game, hoursSee now, disagree with everyone else who has given spore a low rating. I think it is extremely well done. You get to design your game, you choose the difficlty level and the way you interact with it. You can go for power hungry domination and blow away all other life than yourself to smitherenes or be peacefull and set up trade and make alies with your fellow planets. excellent game, hours of entertainment in the creature creator itself. Major Kudos. Expand
  53. GregFigge
    Dec 23, 2008
    Fantastic addicting game that will eat your time away while your eating other cells or abdupting aliens. This game is great and I would recommend it for ages 8-20. It is very fun, good graphics, and its amazing how you go through different stages and can choose many different paths. Truly a great and my favorite game
  54. JasonMitnick
    Dec 5, 2008
    What's with all the hate on this game? A 4.5 averge!? Are you guys serious? Sure it wasn't the "God of all games" most of us have been hoping for...but this truly is a great game, if not a little too simple...I agree that I was slightly disappointed as well, but this game does not deserve anywhere near as much hate as it is getting.
  55. AlexJ.
    Nov 14, 2008
    Fascinating game! Such great development from a spore to a pilot of a spaceship! You choose your way: if you want to be a warrior
  56. TylerM.
    Nov 13, 2008
    This is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It lacks an in-depth storyline of any kind, but that doesn't bother me. Combined with different archetypes, the many editors, and the user-created content, this game is endlessly replayable. I give it a ten as the most unique gaming experience ever.
  57. AlexA.
    Nov 12, 2008
    I don't see why there are so many negative reviews, in my opinion, it is one of the best games I have ever played. It has many differant stages of evolution, each which can keep you entertained for hours. After you play through them once, after a while you get the urge to play it again, and surprisingly it is completely different the next time through. The creators are fun as well as I don't see why there are so many negative reviews, in my opinion, it is one of the best games I have ever played. It has many differant stages of evolution, each which can keep you entertained for hours. After you play through them once, after a while you get the urge to play it again, and surprisingly it is completely different the next time through. The creators are fun as well as the gameplay, a great game as far as i'm concerned. Expand
  58. Nick
    Nov 12, 2008
    I loved the idea of creating you own creatures, buildings, planets, etc. It's fun to create you own world. But, the more you play, no matter what you do you will move through stages and you can't go back witch is less freedom which is what you are used too because of creating creatures, buildings, planets, etc.
  59. ChrisM
    Nov 10, 2008
    Its a good game overall. I agree, the depth could have been much more engrossing, but again, Will Wright was forced to make the game friendly for everyone. The scope is fascinating, and with a little more time, some expansions, maybe a whole new sequel for us more hardcore players, it would be everything anyone could want
  60. NW
    Oct 26, 2008
    Don't be mislead by all of these negative reviews. You'll notice that they're all by goal-oriented, hardcore players who went into Spore expecting some sort of gritty explosion-fest. Spore is a game meant to invoke your sense of wonder, and let you be creative. Its simplicity is its strong suit, and lets one create exactly the sort of cell/creature/vehicle/spaceship that Don't be mislead by all of these negative reviews. You'll notice that they're all by goal-oriented, hardcore players who went into Spore expecting some sort of gritty explosion-fest. Spore is a game meant to invoke your sense of wonder, and let you be creative. Its simplicity is its strong suit, and lets one create exactly the sort of cell/creature/vehicle/spaceship that one visualizes in his mind's eye without worrying about whether the rocket launcher or the machine gun has more DPS or range or whatever. Spore isn't a game for people who want to geek out about computer games. It's a game for the rest of us. Expand
  61. RevanC.
    Oct 18, 2008
    I think that a lot of people had a great many misconceptions as to what Spore was intended to be. It was clear from the beginning that this wasn't going to be a limitless sandbox, It's not not realistic to expect something like that. If you weren't so far caught up in the hype to not smell the java when someone placed it in front of you, then you realized, hey, this is I think that a lot of people had a great many misconceptions as to what Spore was intended to be. It was clear from the beginning that this wasn't going to be a limitless sandbox, It's not not realistic to expect something like that. If you weren't so far caught up in the hype to not smell the java when someone placed it in front of you, then you realized, hey, this is pretty good! I was reading a review of Spore from PC Gamer magazine (after I had already bought and won the game) and the reviewer cleverly defined the game as a "toy", something that you shouldn't expect to play for hours on end, but that can provide a much better outlet for killing time than heading off to addictinggames.com. It's fun and is designed to really bring the player into the core of the game, design and creativity. My biggest complaint has to be that you don't have too much freedom in determining how your creatures attitude changes, either they will become hippies or war mongers, with little in the way of between and no other distinguishable trait other than that. So it's got some flaws, nothing to big, but never fear; knowing maxis, an expansion is near! Expand
  62. Dustinlumpkin
    Oct 13, 2008
    I really think this game is great, mainly because of the gameplay. it can be very challenging, which makes you strive for perfection. the fact that it gets very in depth, and that you can customize your character is great as well. the only one single problem is that its hard to adapt at first (on hard difficulty) due to the opponents having double the health as you.
  63. DaGeek
    Oct 11, 2008
    Please, if you've never played Spore before don't bother to rate it low just for fun. The critics' votes are more important than all the n00b players.
  64. ChrisW.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Wow -- there are a lot of strong opinions being posted about this game, and a lot of them are quite negative. I don't disagree with a lot of criticisms people are voicing, but I fear they are missing the point of this game. Spore was never designed to be an RTS, an RPG, or a game from any of the other well-known genres out there. Rather, Spore is about the evolution and ascension of Wow -- there are a lot of strong opinions being posted about this game, and a lot of them are quite negative. I don't disagree with a lot of criticisms people are voicing, but I fear they are missing the point of this game. Spore was never designed to be an RTS, an RPG, or a game from any of the other well-known genres out there. Rather, Spore is about the evolution and ascension of your personal creation throughout its long struggle for survival. When I think of Spore I think of the opening credits for the now-deceased television series, "Enterprise". While this was the least successful of the Star Trek series (and widely panned by critics), I think it had the best opening credits. Instead of the typical montage of planets, stellar dust, and starships zooming all over the place, it showed a montage of man's evolution from seafaring to spacefaring civilization. It communicated a sense of pride and hope in mankind's future. How does this compare to Spore? Instead of analyzing whether the "Tribal phase" of the game stacks up against other, more complex RTS' (like Warhammer 40k, or Command and Conquer), I simply enjoy the experience of seeing the story of my personal creation unfold. It's great to look at the games evolutionary "timeline" of events, and see how you've progressed. While the first four phases of the game are overly simplistic, the all culminate beautifully in the final phase -- which managed to tie everything together with almost symphonic perfection. The space phase is easily one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in recent PC gaming. It is enormous, and I have to strongly disagree with those who call it tedious or boring. Along with the goals of colonization and exploration, the game seems to push you to discover a secret which lies in the center of the galaxy, but which is protected by an ancient and extremely hostile species. Along with this intriguing story, I found references to popular science fiction at every turn. The use of "monoliths" to convert a primitive species on an alien planet into a an advanced race. A "Genesis" like device to instantly terraform planets. And, of course, homage to the number 42. If you are especially dedicated, you may even go in search of strange, mythological world -- the third planet orbiting a distant star -- a place called Earth. Perhaps most interesting is the feeling you have of isolation and loneliness the further you choose to travel from your colonized space. It can be scary to venture out into the vastness of space, and no other space-based civilization game I've played has ever really captured this emotion quite to the same degree. So that's my long-winded review of the game. It isn't perfect, and I'd be inclined to give it 9, but I have to give it a 10 to offset the criticism of people who completely missed the bus in evaluating this game. I highly recommend it to people who are looking for a creative, engaging experience that clearly sets itself apart from any typical PC gaming genre. Expand
  65. TommyN.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Very good. Could add stuff, but it's fine the way it is!
  66. JoshS.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Very creative and original. Yes, it might turn into a strategy game at the end but that's one reason why i like it.
  67. JennyS.
    Oct 4, 2008
    This would have been the perfect game by my standards, I did not encounter any problems with it, there are afew things that are missing, i would preferr a greater interaction between allies, the role of being a merchant, biiologist, relics collector and a warrior is too much, the allies should cooperated together. I do enjoy playing it.
  68. FabianO.
    Oct 3, 2008
    A consistently charming and affectionate portrayal of the coming of life to the world. Contains a perfect sense of scale, equally bonding you to your creature and marveling you with the scale of the world. A must buy.
  69. BrendaP.
    Oct 2, 2008
    This game is fun everyone who rated it badly didnt do enough research on what it was about before they bought it and or are panzies.
  70. Sadron
    Sep 30, 2008
    The game was designed for a casual open-minded audience, I.E., not you hardcore foaming mouth thickies. 9/10, some flaws, but a wondrous package all together.
  71. JavierD.
    Sep 28, 2008
    I refuse to include the DRM in this equation because it has no impact on the actual gameplay experience whatsoever. That said, I like this game because of the sheer amount of possibilities the creators offer, as well as the gameplay which is able to hold its head above the water enough for me. Te Cell stage should incorporate player-generated content, the Creature stage needs an aquaticI refuse to include the DRM in this equation because it has no impact on the actual gameplay experience whatsoever. That said, I like this game because of the sheer amount of possibilities the creators offer, as well as the gameplay which is able to hold its head above the water enough for me. Te Cell stage should incorporate player-generated content, the Creature stage needs an aquatic substage in it for transition, the Tribal stage needs more resource variation, the Civ. stage needs harder AI and more vehicle choices, and the Space Stage needs more multitasking. But all in all, a very good game indeed. Expand
  72. JesseRadin
    Sep 23, 2008
    The fact that this has a 4.6 shows that most users are mentally challenged. These are the frat boys that Microsoft bribes to play Halo all day to make it seem like people actually like shitty shooters with guns that make no sense. Spore is the greatest game ever, but not for dumbasses. So if you just want to shoot things, gtfo.
  73. ToddS
    Sep 22, 2008
    This is a wonderful game. It's not totally nihilistic in that you have options for making allies and avoiding conflict. It gives a slight sense of the fun God must have had putting life forms together. You also don't spend all of your time destroying and killing (but you can if you want to). My son loves this as do I. It's neat to try on different roles (egThis is a wonderful game. It's not totally nihilistic in that you have options for making allies and avoiding conflict. It gives a slight sense of the fun God must have had putting life forms together. You also don't spend all of your time destroying and killing (but you can if you want to). My son loves this as do I. It's neat to try on different roles (eg carnivore/predator/aggressor vs vegetarian/ diplomat) and see how it effects your evolution as a species/lifeform/civilization.

Also, alot has been said about EA's "draconian" DRM. I say bollocks! It's no less user unfriendly tha Steam and Their download policy isn't as sucktacular as people let on. Personally, I found EA to be easy to work with.
  74. AndrewW
    Sep 21, 2008
    I give this game an 8 out of 10. Jumping into the game through the cell stage was a fun way of giving you a very basic idea of what you're gonna be doing for the rest of the game. Creature is a decent explore game. Tribal is by far the worst part of the game, horribly designed, and that's what gives this game an 8 for me. Civilization is a lot more redeeming when you can designI give this game an 8 out of 10. Jumping into the game through the cell stage was a fun way of giving you a very basic idea of what you're gonna be doing for the rest of the game. Creature is a decent explore game. Tribal is by far the worst part of the game, horribly designed, and that's what gives this game an 8 for me. Civilization is a lot more redeeming when you can design your own buildings and vehicles. Space stage is the most fun for me, huge and fast and full of surprises. Expand
  75. SofiaS.
    Sep 19, 2008
    The Space level is where this game really hits it for me. It really opens up and you can fly from planet to planet. Seeing stuff I made earlier in the game on these planets is really cool.
  76. AllyS.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I loved making my own creatures and playing the creature game. The Epics are awesome. Get in their way and they'll grab you and throw you.
  77. CharlesA.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I continue to be amazed at what has been accomplished with this game. The scope is staggering, the creation tools are deep and easy for anyone to use, and the lure of having your creations spread throughout the internet is strong.
  78. JohnS.
    Sep 19, 2008
    A great game that requires you to set your own goals and pursue them how you choose. Think of it like playing with a box of Legos.
  79. AnubisG
    Sep 18, 2008
    If you have no imagination / are a little nubcake kid / are a casual gamer idiot / are stupid - This game will suck to you, I'm sorry, but you lack the intelligence to play it. Anyone who rates this game less than 8 is a freaking idiot, or has no creativity. This game is the most innovative game I've played in a WHILE. In a game market dominated by garbage games released to If you have no imagination / are a little nubcake kid / are a casual gamer idiot / are stupid - This game will suck to you, I'm sorry, but you lack the intelligence to play it. Anyone who rates this game less than 8 is a freaking idiot, or has no creativity. This game is the most innovative game I've played in a WHILE. In a game market dominated by garbage games released to please casual gamers, this game was a welcome change with its ROBUST customization of EVERYTHING, very detailed and realistic environments, and all around fun-factor involved in a game that doesn't hold your hand and wash your b_lls for you as you play. Expand
  80. JonB.
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game is for everyone but the short tempered, hardcore shoot'em'up gamers. Anyone who has a sense of humor/ joy would love this game to no end. If you like blood, not the game for you. Note you idiots, it's E 10+ meaning little boys are allowed to play it, and the creatures won't squirt blood out of their neck, spraying your screen with blue alien blood. . This game is for everyone but the short tempered, hardcore shoot'em'up gamers. Anyone who has a sense of humor/ joy would love this game to no end. If you like blood, not the game for you. Note you idiots, it's E 10+ meaning little boys are allowed to play it, and the creatures won't squirt blood out of their neck, spraying your screen with blue alien blood. . Furthermore, this game is the type of game for someone who likes to invest time into a game. If you think it's too cutesy you have to consider the fact there are alot, and I mean ALOT of coincedental run ins with i.e. tiny little teddybears that scream their tiny little heads off as they are chased by a giant brown meatball creature (Surprisingly similar to the marshmellow man off of ghostbusters) that undecisevely rips their little cute heads off and munches on their brains :)! This game has incredible A.I. where as when you start the game you will literally see spaceships zooming overhead whilst your gangly little creature roams the planet.and for anyone who enjoys the following games: Elder Scrolls, MMORPGs, Mass Effect, The Sims, will enjoy this game to no end, being a hardcore gamer myself, I enjoy every now and then stopping the violent rampages of Ninja Gaiden II, walk over to my PC, and play a nice quiet, productive game of spore. I proudly give this game a 10 out of 10, Expand
  81. WeezV
    Sep 18, 2008
    What a breath of fresh air - no more need for downloading custom content - every tool is there, in the game, the options are mindboggling. Still needs a bit of work, but overall, just plain fun and entertainment. It's The Sims x Warcraft/Starcraft x Settlers x Pacman x Dune...wicked.
  82. RandyM.
    Sep 16, 2008
    While not quite as revolutionary or deep as I had hoped, Spore still manages to take endless replay value to the next level, and while most of the phases may not completely work on their own, together, they create a solid title.
  83. Ondore
    Sep 16, 2008
    I must say chaps, this is the greatest game in all the world and Ivalice
  84. AndréL.
    Sep 16, 2008
    The game did what they promised, the people who are complaining and putting 0 and 1 are those who expect the impossible, the game IS good and have so many functions, what a shame that has so many bad ass players to say that is bad.
  85. KevinS.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Spore is a decent game. Thinking back, it doesn't seem like it should have taken five years to give us the product we have today, nonetheless, no other game offers the kind of scope Spore does. Honestly, some things in the Space Phase were more monetarily bound than I would have hoped, and the other phases wouldn't be worth their average cost of 10 USD each, but no one can argue Spore is a decent game. Thinking back, it doesn't seem like it should have taken five years to give us the product we have today, nonetheless, no other game offers the kind of scope Spore does. Honestly, some things in the Space Phase were more monetarily bound than I would have hoped, and the other phases wouldn't be worth their average cost of 10 USD each, but no one can argue with the overwhelming numbers of different creations that stock my galaxy. Spore isn't the best at everything it does, but as a whole, it does everything alot better than anyone else, if you know what I mean. Expand
  86. DennisC.
    Sep 16, 2008
    It is a fun game and up till the end with the nagging of save US!!! WAaaaHhh!!!!! Gets old when you are 1 Person and they call you every 5 seconds. Wheres my battle fleet of ships? Other than that the game is great and I hope a patch could fix these little things that spoil the game.
  87. TinaD.
    Sep 15, 2008
    This game is very interesting, personally, when I saw the making of this game on Discovery Channel, I instantly wanted to just buy it. I recommend this game to young boys and girls who are into science.
  88. JohnL
    Sep 15, 2008
    Pros: Ability for creativity is nearly unlimited. Creators/Editors are fantastic. What you do in all the stages before Space stage drastically effect how you play the Space stage. Cons: UI is a bit oversimplified. Tribe and Civ stage are a tad boring - not enough room for creativity. Not quite what we were all hoping for. Summary: Worth $50, but not much more.
  89. miked.
    Sep 15, 2008
    such a fun game. just wish EA would get their heads out of their asses and put their games on steam and ditch that crappy ea download manager.
  90. AdamD.
    Sep 15, 2008
    great game. more of a casual play but a lot of fun none-the-less. a quick fix for the DRM 3 install issues... just back up your game data dummies.
  91. BenjaminW.
    Sep 15, 2008
    the most original game in a long time. A compleatly diffrent experience than iv ever had with a game. i loved it 10++++
  92. BenT.
    Sep 15, 2008
    this game is absolutely amazing in a very random way i played for 7 hours continuosly after purchasing it well worth buying. once you get to the later stages is very complex.
  93. JeffreyC.
    Sep 15, 2008
    This is a game that's like no other. The originality of the game and the broadness of the game makes it a great game worth playing. The game stages run through many genres. The only issue is its ambition is more than the practicality of the gameplay.
  94. JaredL.
    Sep 14, 2008
    the game turned out great... it can be a little quick to get through, but thats just me, racing to the end, but theres lots to explore. but i definatly think that Panzer S. is wrong in saying that you have to pay to stay out of war or run away to protect yourself... if you get attacked you go down to a planet and KICK BUTT!.. but thats also part of the problem.. you cant fight while in the game turned out great... it can be a little quick to get through, but thats just me, racing to the end, but theres lots to explore. but i definatly think that Panzer S. is wrong in saying that you have to pay to stay out of war or run away to protect yourself... if you get attacked you go down to a planet and KICK BUTT!.. but thats also part of the problem.. you cant fight while in the galactic view. Expand
  95. BrendanD
    Sep 14, 2008
    Anyone bored or disappointed by this game is interested more in games that tell them what to do and how to do it than in creativity. Despite what some reviewers seem to think, this is *not* dumbed-down. Instead, this is probably one of the most intriguing games that has yet come out of EA; and it certainly is the most interesting sim game yet. What is confusing so many on here is that Anyone bored or disappointed by this game is interested more in games that tell them what to do and how to do it than in creativity. Despite what some reviewers seem to think, this is *not* dumbed-down. Instead, this is probably one of the most intriguing games that has yet come out of EA; and it certainly is the most interesting sim game yet. What is confusing so many on here is that they assume the game should tell them what to do, where to go, what end goals should be, etc. This is not a game like Knights of the Old Republic or Halo or any of the other myriad FPSs and RPGs on the market. It's not even as limitedly defined as The Sims or SimCity. Instead, its only limit is the bounds of one's imagination. Unfortunately, it seems many of the fans reviewing this game have lost that sense of adventure and wonder, preferring to let programmers do all the work so they can use as little of their brains as possible. If you're a gamer like that, go back to WoW or Halo, the games that truly are for the masters. This is a game for those of us who still have a little bit of childlike imagination left. Expand
  96. EvangelineG
    Sep 14, 2008
    I am surprised to see all the negative reviews! While certainly not perfect, this is a very ambitious, unique game. It does really rely on the creativity of the user...and maybe that's the problem. In an open ended game where your own choices construct your experience, you can end up with any number of flavours of games. I am having a lot of fun in mine! If you are a creative person, I am surprised to see all the negative reviews! While certainly not perfect, this is a very ambitious, unique game. It does really rely on the creativity of the user...and maybe that's the problem. In an open ended game where your own choices construct your experience, you can end up with any number of flavours of games. I am having a lot of fun in mine! If you are a creative person, don't be put off by all the bad reviews, you will probably really like Spore. Expand
  97. KilikiaT.
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life! Sure the graphics are cartoonish, but that means you won't have to worry about the tiniest details in creation and it won't kill your graphics card. Very original, and the cheats it has makes it fun but not insanely easy! The only reason I give this a 9 is because this is a great game with a poor tutorial. This is honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life! Sure the graphics are cartoonish, but that means you won't have to worry about the tiniest details in creation and it won't kill your graphics card. Very original, and the cheats it has makes it fun but not insanely easy! The only reason I give this a 9 is because this is a great game with a poor tutorial. Especially in the space stage. I mean it took me several hours to fully grasp the full space stage, especially the terraforming(everyone should seriously use the money cheat for this- seriously $150000 for an atmosphere generator). Anything less than a nine and the perso who gave the rating gave up in less than an hour. Expand
  98. HelloGoodbye
    Sep 14, 2008
    Spore is one of the most unique games ever created. Absolutely brilliant. Warning! Spore is not for anyone. you must be a creative and imaginative person to really play this game. This game is all about creating ridiculous species and plants. YOU GET TO MOLD AND SHAPE PLANETS o.O Now the game is severly bugged mind you. Which is to be expected... the game is a 3D modeling engine much Spore is one of the most unique games ever created. Absolutely brilliant. Warning! Spore is not for anyone. you must be a creative and imaginative person to really play this game. This game is all about creating ridiculous species and plants. YOU GET TO MOLD AND SHAPE PLANETS o.O Now the game is severly bugged mind you. Which is to be expected... the game is a 3D modeling engine much similiar to Maya, 3DS, and/or XSI. These programs use billions of calculus and physics equations every time you create an object. If it does too much it goes wacko. Much like the those modeling programs i stated earlier do when you work on them. The whole "they keep attacking me and i only have time to do that" attack at them focus mainly on their colony bomb the colony drop a colony pack heal and go for the next planet... Homeworlds... terraform them to T0 then leave planet and reenter and only one outpost to kill now. Each stage is a different genre so some will appeal to some and some will not appeal to others... Its a game of personal oppinion. Play a stage, make a creature and/or vehicle and make up your own mind. I think its brilliant even with its flaws Expand
  99. TomF.
    Sep 13, 2008
    I, like most other users, had been waiting for SPORE for a long time. I think I was fortunate to be distracted by the initial hype because I didn't get the Creature Creator, and I was into The Sims and some other games while most other people were counting down to SPORE's release. SPORE is a brilliant conception, but it was not executed nearly as cleverly. What I do love about I, like most other users, had been waiting for SPORE for a long time. I think I was fortunate to be distracted by the initial hype because I didn't get the Creature Creator, and I was into The Sims and some other games while most other people were counting down to SPORE's release. SPORE is a brilliant conception, but it was not executed nearly as cleverly. What I do love about it is the cell phase - as a former biology student it's fun. Creature, tribal and civilisation stages are long, repetitive and tedious. The space stage is the best of them - I know it's difficult to achieve much when you have very little money, you need to fly from one end of the galaxy to the other to rescue your planet from alien raiders and your colonies from ecological disaster - but it's a good challenge. Like SimCity, if you have imagination, you'll get a lot out of it, as I have. I hope the DRM limit is not true, because I have installed it on two computers, each too slow to run it, before getting it going on a third, which is another family member's laptop that won't always be here to play it on. Overall, 4/5 or 8/10 is a good score. If this game was full-on in each of the phases, would it be the perfect game, or too much to handle? I can't go without mentioning the wonderfulness of the Sporepedia. This seamless, online connectivity tool is perfectly executed. Expand
  100. NykaraB.
    Sep 13, 2008
    So far I have really enjoyed the spore game play. My favorite parts of the game is the creature stage and space. I have never once seen a simulator with as huge an area of space with as many planets to colonize as spore has. I love it I can see myself playing there for many more hours to come.

1. Play (Poland)
    How to design a game that spans from swimming in a drop of water to ruling the galaxy? Will Wright knows how: as simple as possible. Spore deserves success on "The Sims" scale. [Sept 2008]
  2. Spore's triumph is painfully ironic. By setting out to instill a sense of wonderment at creation and the majesty of the universe, it's shown us that it's actually a lot more interesting to sit here at our computers and explore the contents of each other's brains. [October 2008, p.64]
    Spore manages quite some feats – it's accessible for casual gamers, but at the same time so real and dynamic, able to offer hardcore gamers a demanding experience and, obviously, a more appealing one than in "The Sims".