10This game is really fun for anyone who enjoyed Freelancer or other arcade-styled space-shooter. Its free-to-play and in open beta. Yes, there are some flaws rough edges here and there. There is also very little documentation about the game. It has A lot of potential, there are substantial updates every other day, and its free! so definately worth a try. Since there only 11 reviews right now, and the 3x bad ones are about server problems in a beta game, its getting a 10 from me. it would be a 9 otherwise … Expand
- The Combat in the game is very enjoyable with there being many different types of ships and weapons which will keep the combat interesting.
- The maps available within the game are very 3 dimensional with there being large areas with many different features such as asteroids, destroyed space stations or space debris scattered plentifully throughout the map which makes dog fights become much more maneuverable, especially for faster ships which cannot take as much fire.
- There are a lot of different game modes to play with PvP and PvE modes which both have different challenges and objectives. Within PvP there is an arcade mode in which it will randomly pick a game type for you to play which varies from generic capture the flag type games to more interesting defeat the enemy commander modes. There is also a realism mode within PvP which means that once all your ships are destroyed then you are out of the game and an up and coming sector conquest mode which isn’t currently in the game. In PvE, there is a 4 player co-op mode which puts you in a randomly selected scenario with 4 people and you complete the objectives. This means there is a large variety of different mode in which to have fun with and will give the game a lot more longevity with there being a lot to do.
- There is also an interesting contracts system in the game in which you pick a specific faction and you can complete some once a day contracts for that faction which will reward you with some extra money as a reward. As you complete more contracts you get faction reputation which gives you more and more quests for you to complete for the faction to grant you more money. The quests are also not boring and laborious like a daily WoW quest as these are very easily completable tasks which you would most likely of accomplished without having even accepted the contract.
- Also with this being an MMO there is constant updates being added to the game and changes being made all the time so there is a reason to come back to the game every now and then to see what they have added/changed.
- The game is unfortunately fallen into the trap of being a pay to win game with the best ships acquirable in the game being only available to those willing to pay with the same case being that with weapons, missiles and modules. This doesn’t mean that the items that you buy are completely overpowered and that you are unable to win if the opponent has them but the stats of these bought ships are clearly higher than others.
- The matchmaking time is very diverse with times when it can take merely 10-20 seconds to join a game and others when it will take up or 2 minutes to join, and during this time the equipment and ship menus are locked so there is not much to do. This can mean that you are forced to just sit and watch the chat for the allotted time which i’m pretty sure will give you brain cancer if you read it long enough. Take this with a pinch of salt however as this will vary from region to region.
- Although this is a small complaint there are a lot of different maps however a lot of the maps are very similar to one another since, lets be honest, there isn’t much to see in space.
This is a very fun game with a very fun mechanics and combat and a lot of customisation options within the game for you to have fun with, however this game is held back by its pay to win model.… Expand
4I find it an incredible waste to have made all those nice space ship models and then create a "World of Tanks in Space". This game appears to have been made purely for the play to win brigade and this practice needs to stop now! Star Conflict is not an mmo, it has no depth to it and anyone expecting an Elite experience will be sorely disappointed. This game is a mindless space shooter designed to make as much play to win money as quickly as possible. Shame.… Expand