7.5

1. Mar 2, 2013
    First I would like to say the pure gameplay is phenomenal. I sometimes find myself leaning forward into my computer as I dive, and lean side to side as I dodge missiles. There are 3 class types which each are very unique and give the game a kind of RPG feel. Looting, rare drops, equipment, leveling also contributes to this feel. Overall a great game especially being FTP. 10 out of 10 forFirst I would like to say the pure gameplay is phenomenal. I sometimes find myself leaning forward into my computer as I dive, and lean side to side as I dodge missiles. There are 3 class types which each are very unique and give the game a kind of RPG feel. Looting, rare drops, equipment, leveling also contributes to this feel. Overall a great game especially being FTP. 10 out of 10 for sure. Also i noticed someone commenting on long wait times which must have been when it was first released because now I'd be surprised if i waited longer than 30 secs ever. Great game Expand
  2. Mar 2, 2013
    Pros: Its WoTs in space. I find it fun tho I wouldnt spend any real life cash on it...just like WoTs..

Cons: the ingame store, tech trees for ships, item info and menus are a little confusing/badly designed.
    Graphics are not good all if your into that kinda thing.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    I wanted to like the game, but major flaws forced me to delete my account. I was getting kicked from games, and had to wait epic amounts of time for my ship "to no longer be in combat"... After the last hour wait, i was done. In addition, my brother could not connect no matter what. After trying the password reset 10 times, and makes 3 different accounts, the password never worked on logI wanted to like the game, but major flaws forced me to delete my account. I was getting kicked from games, and had to wait epic amounts of time for my ship "to no longer be in combat"... After the last hour wait, i was done. In addition, my brother could not connect no matter what. After trying the password reset 10 times, and makes 3 different accounts, the password never worked on log in. Strangely the site was always in Russian... but like LoL, its launch was awful with how long it took to finally play a match, it killed the fun. Ill rate it higher once they fix it to be able to actually play. Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    I find it an incredible waste to have made all those nice space ship models and then create a "World of Tanks in Space". This game appears to have been made purely for the play to win brigade and this practice needs to stop now! Star Conflict is not an mmo, it has no depth to it and anyone expecting an Elite experience will be sorely disappointed. This game is a mindless space shooterI find it an incredible waste to have made all those nice space ship models and then create a "World of Tanks in Space". This game appears to have been made purely for the play to win brigade and this practice needs to stop now! Star Conflict is not an mmo, it has no depth to it and anyone expecting an Elite experience will be sorely disappointed. This game is a mindless space shooter designed to make as much play to win money as quickly as possible. Shame. Expand
  5. Mar 4, 2013
    My friends from Blacklight: Retribution got me to try this game (great game btw, give it a go), and, dare I say it? I think i found a cure to my WoW addiction. HURRAH! Also, As a Russian i love the fact the game is made a Russian company. Or at least has an entire who chat function for Russians. Anyway, onto the game play. It takes a while to learn how to play, but it is not terrible, youMy friends from Blacklight: Retribution got me to try this game (great game btw, give it a go), and, dare I say it? I think i found a cure to my WoW addiction. HURRAH! Also, As a Russian i love the fact the game is made a Russian company. Or at least has an entire who chat function for Russians. Anyway, onto the game play. It takes a while to learn how to play, but it is not terrible, you get the hang of things quickly. If you like to be in the middle of the action, i suggest the quicker planes, if you want to be someone who can deal ton of damage, go with Frigates, that's what i do. Graphics are nice for a F2P, and, honestly, i do not feel like it is much of a pay to win at all, so, all in all, great game. 10/10 Expand
  6. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is really fun for anyone who enjoyed Freelancer or other arcade-styled space-shooter. Its free-to-play and in open beta. Yes, there are some flaws rough edges here and there. There is also very little documentation about the game. It has A lot of potential, there are substantial updates every other day, and its free! so definately worth a try. Since there only 11 reviews rightThis game is really fun for anyone who enjoyed Freelancer or other arcade-styled space-shooter. Its free-to-play and in open beta. Yes, there are some flaws rough edges here and there. There is also very little documentation about the game. It has A lot of potential, there are substantial updates every other day, and its free! so definately worth a try. Since there only 11 reviews right now, and the 3x bad ones are about server problems in a beta game, its getting a 10 from me. it would be a 9 otherwise Expand
  7. Apr 11, 2013
    The Positives:
    - The Combat in the game is very enjoyable with there being many different types of ships and weapons which will keep the combat interesting.
    The Positives:
    - The maps available within the game are very 3 dimensional with there being large areas with many different features such as asteroids, destroyed space stations or space debris scattered plentifully throughout the map which makes dog fights become much more maneuverable, especially for faster ships which cannot take as much fire.
    - There are a lot of different game modes to play with PvP and PvE modes which both have different challenges and objectives. Within PvP there is an arcade mode in which it will randomly pick a game type for you to play which varies from generic capture the flag type games to more interesting defeat the enemy commander modes. There is also a realism mode within PvP which means that once all your ships are destroyed then you are out of the game and an up and coming sector conquest mode which isn’t currently in the game. In PvE, there is a 4 player co-op mode which puts you in a randomly selected scenario with 4 people and you complete the objectives. This means there is a large variety of different mode in which to have fun with and will give the game a lot more longevity with there being a lot to do.
    - There is also an interesting contracts system in the game in which you pick a specific faction and you can complete some once a day contracts for that faction which will reward you with some extra money as a reward. As you complete more contracts you get faction reputation which gives you more and more quests for you to complete for the faction to grant you more money. The quests are also not boring and laborious like a daily WoW quest as these are very easily completable tasks which you would most likely of accomplished without having even accepted the contract.
    - Also with this being an MMO there is constant updates being added to the game and changes being made all the time so there is a reason to come back to the game every now and then to see what they have added/changed.

The Negatives:
    - The game is unfortunately fallen into the trap of being a pay to win game with the best ships acquirable in the game being only available to those willing to pay with the same case being that with weapons, missiles and modules. This doesn’t mean that the items that you buy are completely overpowered and that you are unable to win if the opponent has them but the stats of these bought ships are clearly higher than others.
    - The matchmaking time is very diverse with times when it can take merely 10-20 seconds to join a game and others when it will take up or 2 minutes to join, and during this time the equipment and ship menus are locked so there is not much to do. This can mean that you are forced to just sit and watch the chat for the allotted time which i’m pretty sure will give you brain cancer if you read it long enough. Take this with a pinch of salt however as this will vary from region to region.
    - Although this is a small complaint there are a lot of different maps however a lot of the maps are very similar to one another since, lets be honest, there isn’t much to see in space.

Conclusion:
    This is a very fun game with a very fun mechanics and combat and a lot of customisation options within the game for you to have fun with, however this game is held back by its pay to win model.
  8. M13
    May 14, 2013
    PAY TO WIN AVOID

Games like LoL should be the role model. League of Legends is a FREE game that you can play competitively without spending a dime on it. BUT....because LoL is so fun people DO spend money on it (I've spent around 400usd). In LoL the money you spend DOESN'T give you an ingame bonus. The money you spend is just for fun because you enjoy the game. But for STAR
    PAY TO WIN AVOID

But for STAR CONFLICT if you pay money you get better ships and weapons than those not paying....in other words you pay money to get an advantage. Might as well be cheating. Makes every game uneven between the people who are paying and the people who are not.

Why not follow the LoL pay scheme? I've spent over 400 on LoL......and although I LOVE the gameplay on Star Conflict.....I won't spend a dime on it. Why? Because I hate "cheating".
  9. Mar 2, 2013
    Great graphics, Awesome fast game play. Engaging long game and self progression. Very diverse game play and style. Imagine World of Tanks but with Freelancer style ships and fighting and a whole lot faster, and that's just the PVP side of things.

Latency is not an issue even living in Perth, Australia so that is a plus.
  10. Mar 10, 2013
    Another one of these games I would normally love but evidently ruined by design-flaws that run short with the other aspects of the choices that the developers made. Initially, i was horrified to see that this game is almost a copy-paste of World of Tanks, forcing your space ships to be locked into battle, even after you leave (which serves no purpose whatsoever besides limiting yourAnother one of these games I would normally love but evidently ruined by design-flaws that run short with the other aspects of the choices that the developers made. Initially, i was horrified to see that this game is almost a copy-paste of World of Tanks, forcing your space ships to be locked into battle, even after you leave (which serves no purpose whatsoever besides limiting your ability to play for fun) but the biggest of my concern was shrugged off thanks to one very vital change that kept me playing which was the ability to respawn in the same game after dying in certain game-modes. Unfortunely, this change also falls short due to you being unable to pick what map/modes you specifically want, leaving me half-heartedly disappointed in the already impressive amounts of turd-flinging one have to swallow in order to enjoy the good bits of this game. I also haven't seen any lag in the gameplay itself but they managed to screw up the "get back in game" function you need if you disconnect because, yes, you guessed it: your ship will be unavailable as long as the old match is still going on which is to be expected after going through the horrible account creation procedure consisting of severely late email activations, automatic random passwords and steam-account linking issues. (You MUST log into the game through your steam account orelse you won't get in, another sh!t function with no purpose) I could keep on going about the mountains of flaws like balance, pay 2 win and lack of weapons but at the end of the day, this is just a solid space-shooter with good graphics all with solid controls being utterly demolished and pulled down into the depths of sh!t-olympus because someone had the bright idea to along with all the other horrid design decisions, include unlimited range and unlimited ammo sniper ships in SPACE (where small asteroids are the only scarce cover you'll ever find) and have them do insane damage on any kind of ship. R.I.P Star Conflict. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    Totally great fast paced action PvP game with some PvE modes, it is not pay2win and it is really really fun and addictive. Works a bit similiar to War Thunder but in spaaaace. This has a great future when it is out of beta
  12. Mar 11, 2013
    Game merges the concepts of EVE, World of Tanks, and that of the various X-Wing classics albeit with much better graphics. While still early in its creation, the game boasts smooth fast and frenetic play both in the context of PVP and PVE. A game that will have many hooked from the start.
  13. Apr 8, 2013
    I feel a lot of the reviews on here jumped the gun on not just a new game, but a game that is gaining great traction and seriously fun to play. By "deleting their account" and never playing again they are missing out on what this game is becoming. The fact the developers are pumping out patches and tweeks to make this game more fun, shows they are serious and to give it a better chance.I feel a lot of the reviews on here jumped the gun on not just a new game, but a game that is gaining great traction and seriously fun to play. By "deleting their account" and never playing again they are missing out on what this game is becoming. The fact the developers are pumping out patches and tweeks to make this game more fun, shows they are serious and to give it a better chance.

As with most new games, especially of F2p styles, there are multiple kinks that need to be ironed out in the beginning months that help shape the game. What the developers may think is a fun idea, could easily turn out to be a bad one. As well, I would wish people stopped complaining about the fact you need to pay to get ahead. Firstly this is a myth, I so far have purchased nothing and I can easily go into a game and feel like a champ. I enjoy this game enough where I will be purchasing a subscription in the future however. This developer is building a product you get to play for free and never have to purchase anything if you so feel it, beggars cannot be choosers. I understand yes, that they rely on making the game fun to play but they do this so you will pay.

That aside, let’s talk about the game itself….

Graphics
    I will start with Graphics. This is not a world changing game in terms of graphics, but they look good. Good enough to not turn the average player today away and by no means is that to be offensive, this game does well in the graphics field and I would rate that a 7/10.

Sound
    In my opinion the game sounds good and the music sounds great. I personally enjoy the music that plays and when I am engaged in an epic battle of proportions with the enemy it makes you feel like you’re on the battlefield.

Gameplay
    In brief, you are a star pilot. You command 1 of three types of ships, Fighter, Interceptor and Frigate. Each has their own abilities, stat points and style of play. You really should try all three for multiple games before you can make your choice on which one you like the most and please do not judge by how easily other plays kill you with that class of ship. As you play you earn experience, money and loyalty. As you progress, each branch opens up more ships, “parts” for your ship and abilities for your pilot. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to pay to progress these items Just play the game normally and you will get ahead. Now if you do pay, you will notice an increase in all of the 3 features.

Controls
    The controls for this game are surprisingly simplified for flying in space. You can go up, down, left, right, strafe, diagonal, reverse, and mix them together to outsmart and destroy your enemy. It’s an easy game to play as far as the controls.

Conclusion.

I give this game an 8/10. I feel that this game excels in all areas, but there is room for improvement as well. There should be more weapons, upgrades and abilities. I do like however, that the game is not too complicated when it comes to these features. When I play a piloting game I want to be in the battle and focused on that, while having a fair advantage. I don’t have time to worry about my Plasma Cannons causing “X” damage at “X” range, but he used a magnetic defector, lowering range to “x”, shielding was increased by 6 hypno points, while defense was increased using a hypo multiplier he had in inventory, so then I countered with an energy ray, a hypo spray increasing my range…you get the point. Its more in your face action, with changes outside the battle. There are the few abilities you can change in game, but they help only so much. If you are into that kind of game play you will be unsatisfied with this game.
  14. May 18, 2013
    Take the best parts of Star Fox and Eve online and combine them. Not a whole lot of depth to the metagame but it's definitely a fun game that you can pick up and put down easily.
  15. Jun 4, 2013
    Star Conflict is a a Great Free to Play space shooter. I started playing it when some of my friends came over. Knowing that this game was promoted on Steams front page made this game worth checking out. Just reading off the description of the game made us excited to play it. Booted up and dove right in, made us confused at first. What race/class do I pick, whats the better option here?
    I
    I have only bought the minimum amount of coins or Galactic credits to get an advantage and it didn't seem to be worth it. The premium ships are alright in the begging but at rank 4 you can get tier 4 ships (rank 4 allows beginning tier 2 ships) Overall the game is great to look at, im getting 60FPS solid. its worth a shot to play.
  16. May 13, 2014
    A lobby based space shooter.

What's good. 1) Great space fighter with much more customization options than the rivals, through diverse module slot distribution and multiple types of weapons with interesting mechanics. 2) Almost perfect free to play model. The grind is not too much (though it's certainly there), and the ships you can buy with money are not strictly superior (though
    A lobby based space shooter.

What's good.
    2) Almost perfect free to play model. The grind is not too much (though it's certainly there), and the ships you can buy with money are not strictly superior (though they are better in some ways, just like every ship has their own quirks).
    3) Very nice gradual learning, you start with very few options, slower ships, only one game mode, and you ramp up the number of modules and modes you can use gradually through the tiers.
    4) Developing competitive side. Observer system already in place, tournaments are held, teams are preparing well ahead.
    5) Multiple game modes with their own interesting mechanics and multiple maps, some very imaginative.

What's bad
    1) Low population, and all that comes with this. Sometimes long Q times for some modes.
    2) No skill based matchmaking, so everyone is thrown into the game as equals (except squads who have to be matched by an enemy squad), which sometimes lead to very unbalanced matches.
    3) The game is not really dynamic compared to shooters like Freelancer or even Moon Breakers, if you fly anything other than an interceptor than you usually strafe behind cover more than you dogfight, which is fine for frigates but a bit weird for a fighter.
    4) Somewhat lacking balance, one shiptree (graph) (Jericho) is considered strictly inferior in most areas to the others. Hopefully will be patched, and anyone can play anything anyways, it's not restricted, players don't belong to a side.

All in all, a very enjoyable space shooter, even if somewhat grindy, but if you enjoy your game, you won't notice it at all.
  17. May 21, 2013
    Invested more than 100 USD into Star Conflict, bought premium ships (from Steam DLC), but with patch 0.8 they changed their roles, removed some modules and nerfed performance. Please think twice, before donating to Star Conflict!
  18. Apr 21, 2013
    Quite a decent game, however it is shaky at best in beta. Best described as WoT in space, it does things quite different from WoT and I do like what it does differently...mostly.

The things that differ which are nice are the combat, research structure, and modules. The combat is relatively fleshed out: there are small Interceptor ships, Fighters, and Frigates all with different abilities and different available special abilities. Interceptors are essentially quick sabeteurs, Fighters are general purpose which can be used as a Interceptor/Frigate hybrid to put it simply, and Frigates are tanks or snipers depending on the Frigate (also support).

Research is done by simply buying what you want as long as you are the right level for it (which you generally are since leveling up is typically done faster than gaining currency). There is no owning ships, but you do have to buy a preceding ship if required. The game does allow you to skip ahead with some ships but you'd still need the level to buy that ship.

Now, what sets this apart from WoT the most are the modules. Similar to equipment in WoT, except more diverse, you can customize EVERY facet of your ship as you gain more advanced ships. For instance, you could put focus on your hull then put a kamikazi secondary on your Interceptor that has a plasma gun. This would let you drop the enemy shields, then if you are taking a larger percentage of damage, go all out on a suicidal explosion which would do more damage than a regular death explosion, possibly killing the enemy in the process. Or, you could slap lasers on a Frigate, to keep it versatile and medium range...but you still don't have to. And even then, it gets more diverse. Do you want burst lasers, which do less DPS but have no overheat timer? Do you want close range lasers which have a lower operational range than long range, but max DPS? And this is merely scratching the surface.

The biggest flaw Star Conflict has is simply that it is in Beta. For instance, I saved up while casually playing for a week for a new starship, only to see that they raised the price from 850,000 to 1,250,000! This really put me off of the game for now...but when it comes out, they should have this sort of stuff fleshed out.

Overall, this game is good as it is, but it has a massive potential due to the ridiculous level of customization possible, and fun combat.
  19. Mar 11, 2013
    This free game on Steam took me completely by surprise as it came quite suddenly. When I saw the "price" I immediately downloaded it, and I have to say I did not regret it. This game is a space shooter with awesome gameplay. You can buy different types of ships and choose your alliance, which will change the gameplay a lot. There are five modes if I remember correctly, most treat withThis free game on Steam took me completely by surprise as it came quite suddenly. When I saw the "price" I immediately downloaded it, and I have to say I did not regret it. This game is a space shooter with awesome gameplay. You can buy different types of ships and choose your alliance, which will change the gameplay a lot. There are five modes if I remember correctly, most treat with control points, and there is a refined team deathmatch mode which I enjoyed a lot. There are a few glitches present, I had a few major glitches that ended up being fixed by patches. This game is currently in late-beta so tolerance is recommended when it comes to some imperfections. Overall graphics are customizable and although they are not outstanding they do look good. The sound is okay, although the soundtrack isn't long and the sound effects aren't outstanding. My only true complain are the maps, they are good but they are few, I really hope more are added with patches. This game so far is extremely enjoyable, download it since there is nothing to loose and judge it yourself. Expand
  20. Mar 10, 2013
    Great space fighting game still in beta. Amazing how it manages to deliver large space battle with no noticeable lag. Plenty of weapons and tactics to use.
  21. Mar 9, 2013
    It hurts me to see 4 negative reviews for this game because they are all based on technical issue which have been resolved for the most part. The game is in open beta, cut it some slack! The devs are diligent with their updates and listen to the community. This game is shaping up to be epic. A note to grizzled eve-online vets. Remember that magical feeling you first felt when you playedIt hurts me to see 4 negative reviews for this game because they are all based on technical issue which have been resolved for the most part. The game is in open beta, cut it some slack! The devs are diligent with their updates and listen to the community. This game is shaping up to be epic. A note to grizzled eve-online vets. Remember that magical feeling you first felt when you played eve? I know, it's been so long since you've felt it. Download Star Conflict and feel it all over again. You will. I promise you that. Expand
  22. Mar 12, 2013
    This is some of the most fun I have had in a game in years.

This is some of the most fun I have had in a game in years.

At the heart of this game is fast action space combat. You pilot three different classes of ships ranging from the ultra-fast Interceptor to the slower, sturdier and longer ranged Frigate. Each ship type has it's own set of special abilities and each faction has it's own abilities that separate the ships and distinguish them from each other.

The base shell of this game allows for so much potential that it makes me rather excited to wait for the future. There are PvE scenarios in which a team of four try to defend/assault three stage encounters that often end in a "Boss" fight which is a super powerful ship or hordes of enemies. The PvE can easily be expanded in the future and it bodes well for fans of cooperative action!

The PvP is great with several different game modes that allows for a variety of strategy and ways to win. You can pilot a faster Interceptor with a "Micro-warp drive" that allows for you to mini-warp around the map and take strategic points. You could sit back and launch torpedoes to support your teammates with large chunks of burst damage to the enemy or you could run a front-line Frigate sending out recharges for shields and repairs for hulls of all your teammates.

My ratio of time spent to when this game released is sickening but all worth it. I have not enjoyed and kept coming back to a game in a very long time and the ability to expand all the modes, ships, modules, and adding new scenarios as the developers have mentioned bodes for wonderful potential for this game's future.
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    Good space sim. Much needed too, nice to be in a free roaming sim, instead of a "rail-system" *chough, SWTOR* *cough*. It is free to play, with a "pay for it now" aspect to support it. Every item & ship can be bought with normal currency, but they have "gold" items that can be bought with cash, there are BLUE items that have the exact same stats as the gold, and those are purchased with inGood space sim. Much needed too, nice to be in a free roaming sim, instead of a "rail-system" *chough, SWTOR* *cough*. It is free to play, with a "pay for it now" aspect to support it. Every item & ship can be bought with normal currency, but they have "gold" items that can be bought with cash, there are BLUE items that have the exact same stats as the gold, and those are purchased with in game currency. So there isn't a pay to win, just pay for it now, or you could just play normally, grind it out, and get something with the exact same stats. It has some issues, but overall it is a very nice breath of fresh air. Recommended for anyone who like FPS games, or space fliers like Xwing Vs Tie Fighter, or the mentioned freelancer & tachyon.

People who think this is Pay to Win, do not understand the concept, and it's completely obvious what the devs are doing.
  24. Apr 5, 2013
    Even though i barely scratched the good rating, its a pretty fun game (well, once you turn chat off), and the "galactic standard" is just the next tier up of what its based on, so its not like its such a big advantage making anyone who uses there money (which i don't recommend in any MMO unless your going to be playing it long) and its just to speed things up if your time is more valuableEven though i barely scratched the good rating, its a pretty fun game (well, once you turn chat off), and the "galactic standard" is just the next tier up of what its based on, so its not like its such a big advantage making anyone who uses there money (which i don't recommend in any MMO unless your going to be playing it long) and its just to speed things up if your time is more valuable than your money, and again its a fun game, perfect almost. Well apparently Gajin is the leader indie dev in Russia, huh Expand
  25. Jun 21, 2013
    This game was a really great idea at first, when it originally came out. However the creators decided to patch it into the ground, following such giants as EA. The entire system was changed, many ships were removed or switched to entirely different classes (removing them for me and making me have to re-buy them). In addition to this, they changed much of the leveling in the game, making itThis game was a really great idea at first, when it originally came out. However the creators decided to patch it into the ground, following such giants as EA. The entire system was changed, many ships were removed or switched to entirely different classes (removing them for me and making me have to re-buy them). In addition to this, they changed much of the leveling in the game, making it so players had to regrind to achieve the same level that they once had before.

To make matters worse, their supposed 'balance' changes make certain ships ridiculously overpowered and other ships massively underpowered. Certain weapons or modules that once made the game fun and easy to play now are nerfed into the ground and other modules were introduced.

Unless you want an excercise in frustration, stay well away from this game. If you enjoy frantic air-based combat, ala HAWX this -may- be for you but it is unlikely as the player base is akin to League of Legends and they tend to scream HODOR whenever they can or insult others rather than give constructive criticism or advice.
  26. May 20, 2013
    First, play to win.

First, play to win.

Second, the game has no matchmaking system whatsoever. It's done by tiers, so if you're new to the game, prepare to get your ass handed to you when you buy your first ship. WAY too easy to smurf new players. Makes the game unenjoyable for the new player, and keeps the veterans coming back. Nothing competitive about this game, just choose the lower tier if you want to win more to take advantage of new players trying to gear up.

As for the game play, it's fun, but still not that great for space shooters. Using the mouse to control your ship AND aim your guns at the same time is quirky, and you frequently run in to objects trying to get around them because the camera doesn't always stay right behind your ship.

It was fun at first, but until they add an intelligent matchmaking system, this game fails.
  27. QsX
    Oct 21, 2014
    Just AWESOME! You may do w/a you want - PvE, PvP, exploring, crafting, improving, everything. In this case you may fly and fight with unique ship, which was made by you! Worth playing!
  28. Oct 27, 2014
    because of very low player count you can't call this a multiplayer online game. this makes impossible to find a proper balance between ships and weapons. regular patches can't fix this and make the game even worse every week. autoaim, press x to kill, pay to win, imbalance ships - every mmo problem can be found in this project. don't waste your time.
  29. Oct 24, 2014
    Game changed a lot during BETA stage, a lot of testers were not able to cope with expected changes, and required the game (leaving negative reviews as well) but since 2013, game became much easier to enter and progress for new players, a lot of content has been added and more to come. I personally play it for a PvP part, i am not a fan of PvE or its version of "Open space". If you progressGame changed a lot during BETA stage, a lot of testers were not able to cope with expected changes, and required the game (leaving negative reviews as well) but since 2013, game became much easier to enter and progress for new players, a lot of content has been added and more to come. I personally play it for a PvP part, i am not a fan of PvE or its version of "Open space". If you progress a bit further in the game, PvP becomes some kind of blockbuster movie - extreme speeds/agility, cool visual effects, extremely dynamic and diverse, quite a few different builds can be used on each role and different interactions of those makes it " fairly easy to pick up, but hard to master type of game". Did i mention ship designs? - simply awesome.
    P.S. playing this game since March 2013.
  30. Oct 26, 2014
    This is a good game with balanced game mechanics and a wide variety of ships. Better than world of tanks anyway.
    I'm giving this game the thumbs up purely because I feel that the flight and combat style was the best I've played. With the game seamingly more geared towards PvP (like most games nowadays) I felt like the PvE side lacked just a little. PvE had some great missions to play and with each new tier you jumped to in lvl's, you got new and harder missions. I would suggest going with a group of friends as per my experience, the random pugs sat and did nothing half the time just soaking up free XP.. unfortunate.. My biggest gripe with the game was how "grindy" it felt to get anywhere, even with the release of Free Roam (their open world concept) the missions for it felt very "go here, fetch this, drop it here".. Outside of PvE and to the PVP, I don't have any real words other then Carnage and Chaos. Pick something that moves and kill it, before it kills you.
    This game rocks the world of space combat. Just mesmerizing graphics and you really feel the difference when piloting large ships *compared to the little mosquitos*.

Pros:
    - Good graphics
    - Good handling of spaceships *compared to other non mentionable space games*
    - Fast paced combat
    - Many PvE missions require tactics. PvP too, of course.
    - "Invasion" and craft: modules, spaceships, weapons and guns.
    - That "grinding" feeling when you are getting higher tier ships.

Cons:
    - Other players sometimes take this game too seriously.

Summary: Well done game with surprisingly balanced ships and beautiful graphics. Try it!:)
  31. Apr 2, 2013
    There's not much here, but what is here... is a decently fun game. It's the space dog fighting game I've been waiting for since I can't remember when. It isn't the MMO it claims, and isn't anywhere near being an MMO, but it's a fun lobby-based space pvp game.
  32. Mar 21, 2013
    I really want to like games like this, since I'me a huge space combat fan. However, this pay2win model needs to stop, it completely ruins game design since the primary goal is to extract money through play rather than to have fun through play.
  33. Mar 10, 2013
    Highly addictive gameplay, and tons of RPG elements. This is still a beta and there is tons of potential for this game.. New modes, a campaign, more true MMO.
    Thus far they've stayed away from Pay to Win.
  34. Apr 2, 2013
    This is a very solid, well designed game. The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is flawless. There could be more of a selection in weapons and items, but it's not a game-wrecker. There is a license in here, similar to a premium membership in WOT. Be prepared though, if you let your license expire, you will be flagged. Once you are flagged, you will only win 1/5 games (at best), and will seeThis is a very solid, well designed game. The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is flawless. There could be more of a selection in weapons and items, but it's not a game-wrecker. There is a license in here, similar to a premium membership in WOT. Be prepared though, if you let your license expire, you will be flagged. Once you are flagged, you will only win 1/5 games (at best), and will see a severe income and experience drop. But the big thing is how you basically have to pay to "be able to win the game." I personally won't be supporting a company by playing their games if that's how they're going to go about it. Expand
  35. Sep 7, 2014
    Came from War Thunder to check out this space themed Gaijin production... Now let me admit this is the first space combat game in a long time that I have enjoyed. Its quite arcadey and very polished so it is pretty easy to get in to. It also rewards you a lot so it feels good to play. It's a pay-to-progress-faster game and not pay-to-win so thats nice. I give it 7/10 because it is a veryCame from War Thunder to check out this space themed Gaijin production... Now let me admit this is the first space combat game in a long time that I have enjoyed. Its quite arcadey and very polished so it is pretty easy to get in to. It also rewards you a lot so it feels good to play. It's a pay-to-progress-faster game and not pay-to-win so thats nice. I give it 7/10 because it is a very good game and I have had a lot of fun, but it can be better and I am hopeful that as time goes on it will continue to improve. Certainly worth a try if you like space combat. I enjoy it as a break from War Thunder myself. Expand
  36. Sep 12, 2013
    This is a really fun free-to-play game. And yes, by paying, you progress faster through the levels but that is no different from any other free-to-play game structures.
    --Paying gets you--
    1. Special ships that are fully leveled up at the time of purchase - which lose the advantage once you level your ships up 2. Permanent Exp(called 'synergy') boost - which lose the advantage once
    --Paying gets you--
    1. Special ships that are fully leveled up at the time of purchase
    - which lose the advantage once you level your ships up
    2. Permanent Exp(called 'synergy') boost
    - which lose the advantage once you have max exp
    3. Ability to take extra 'synergy' earned to level one ship and apply it to another
    - if synergy is managed correctly, this perk becomes useless
    4. Visual Modifications to your ships
    - this offers no advantage to the ships (similar to skins bought in League of Legends)
    5. Elite ship Modules
    - better ones can be found through drops

As you can see, this model can be compared to many other free-to-play game structures and the only advantage to paying is a faster ride to the end for the ones who don't want to spend hours in the game.

As to the actual gameplay..
    I feel somewhat nostalgic flying through space, dog-fighting, saving fellow teammates from certain doom. Then to only realize you are knee deep in enemy territory and you have to barrel-roll through narrow cracks in the asteroid fields just to dodge countless enemy ships and their, must faster, homing missiles. This game reminds me many times of what a good Star Wars Game should be, but then, with the sheer number of ship-types and customization, turns it into a potentially even larger-than-movie-space-battle dream come true.

In the end, it is free-to-play, and I think everyone to play it.
  37. Nov 18, 2013
    Star Conflict is a fast-paced space shooter. Star Conflict is a developing game, but there are already very many features already implemented and much more to come. The depth is also quite amazing and the gameplay is very tactical, but the story does leave a thing or to to be desired. Star Conflict also loses points for immature/profane pilot comms, and a slightly confusing UI.
  38. Jan 21, 2014
    I dare anyone to give an example of Pay2Win. Spending money only saves time (less grinding), but it's not an automatic win if you fly a "premium" ship. Controls leave a bit to be desired for (I can't use keycombos...WASD to turn, but I can't use Shift+W to go up, instead I have to use Q).

Still a fun game if you like to PVP in space every now and then. 8 points due to controls (-1) and some inconsistencies in the game design.
  39. Feb 14, 2014
    Fun and fast paced action, and a free to play system that doesn't suck make this free game a good idea and fun to play casually over time as you progress.
  40. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is awesome, in the beginning it looks boring as you can't choose your ship or weapon. But in the end of the exping it is very fast paced and there are high customization possibilities. You will fly unique ship and it will be the best fitted for your style.
  41. Oct 24, 2014
    Best grafics! Best gameplay! Best game over the world! I am playing in this game over 1000 hrs !!! It's not sick!!! Skill - is the most important by this game!!!
  42. Oct 27, 2014
    Hmm what i must say by the first ...
    Forum moderators - are the best of the best. especially - Bazinga XD (beware)
    Game has "open world" wich based on more than 45 locations
    U can be a pirate and plundered caravans ( read other players or npc's)

But the most i like in the game - is chat atmosphere of russian schoolchildren's >.
  43. Sep 5, 2014
    Horrible. I'm glad I tried it out before spending money on DLC or premium ships. The game is a **** of red dots floating amid some debris. It's difficult to pick out players from bots at low levels, and I found that the game frustrated me to no end. Back to War Thunder for me.
  44. Oct 28, 2014
    I've been playing this game for more than one year and I think I can give you a balanced review.

First of all: This game is not Star Citizen, or Eve Online or Elite Dangerous. It doesn't want to be either. This game is a lobby based, free to play fighting arena game, settled in space. You have several ships at your disposal, with different classes and a lot of modules and modifiers

This game is a lobby based, free to play fighting arena game, settled in space. You have several ships at your disposal, with different classes and a lot of modules and modifiers to customize their performance. Then you go into battle in teams against other people in several game modes like the usual team battle, king of the hill, capture points etc... So far really standard.

We can say that it is very similar to Warthunder of World of tanks, but with spaceships regarding the pvp skirmish matches.

Then you have also High end content for clans with rewards if you conquer some of the sectors, which is nice for hardcore players, since you can even win a few premium currency here and there.

And finally, what makes this game very balanced is that you can also play missions or scenarios in a Co-op fashion with friends, or straight open world and do PvP (pilot killing) or PvE vs AI.

The open world is not like Eve online, is more like a huge sandbox map, with some RPG like missions (go there, kill 4 wolfs, come back, go there, pick some asteroids and return) and people to interact with. But you have respawns and you don't lose your stuff if you are killed, so it is more arcadish.

Good thing is that the open world comes with a simple manufacturing tab which allows you to manufacture special ammo, weapons and consumables with the resources collected in there, and also 3 top tier ships which can be configured as you want when you are building them.

The business model is akin to said games (warthunder, world of tanks) so you have to play and unlock ships with experience, credits and several special currency to get better and better modules. Investing money in the game gives you economical advance, as it is usual in this games, but so far there is nothing you can get with gold that you can't get for free. You will just have it later.

Concerning most of the complains about the pay to win in premium ships and crews, premium ships are not better than standard ships. They have the same slots than their credit counterparts, and the bonus are different, but not better. Modules can be shared between ships so there is no difference either.

The problem is that in the tech tree, the credit ships appear with their level 1 stats, and premiums always appear with full level, because they are sold that way. But after you level your credit ships you will see that the premium ships are not better.

Finally, crews don't give you any advantage over non paying users. Crews allow you to have different slots with different configurations, so you can max-min more ships, instead of flying all of them with a single set of configurations (implants, as they are called)

But since you can respawn as much as you can with any of your ships in all but one of the modes, the difference in 1v1 situation is nil. You won't get any better implant of bonuses with crews, just different presets.

So my final verdict is a 9, because they still have to include some content they promised this year, mostly the corporation Dreadnoughts, and balance a bit some of the new consumables introduced with the open world manufacturing system.
    PROS:
    - Good art and graphics.
    - Runs well in mid and low end computers.
    - Free to play, it won't hurt your wallet if you try it.
    - Fast paced action and a good number of game modes.
    - PvP, PvE, and a sandbox with both, all in the same game.
    - SPACE DUDE!! SPACE!!!

CONS:
    - A good chunk of the population is russian, so expect longer than avg waiting times out of russian or european prime time.
    - Servers are a bit unstable sometimes, but this is something I'm founding in almost any late game.
    - Population is not as high as in mainstream games like world of tanks or warthunder. You won't notice it in low - mid tiers, but top end content lacks a bit of players.
  45. Oct 21, 2014
    Not a bad game, quite attractive at first. But after I played some 40 hours it became too boring. Somehow it doesn't have the drive and variety that good multiplayer games have.
  46. Aug 13, 2013
    this game is a total ripoff of moon breakers a much more polished game and needs to be removed from steam its uninspired game play laggy controls lack of joystick function and repetive boring gameplay send it to the bottom of the pack
  47. Oct 15, 2013
    I usually love these kind of games so it came as quite a surprise to me when I found this game... Boring. The game is slow paced for a game that should be fast paced. There some good things, the graphics and textures are done well, and so is sound. The shooting and game play is confident, but repetitive, game modes are fairly similar as well, so there isn't much of a choice range forI usually love these kind of games so it came as quite a surprise to me when I found this game... Boring. The game is slow paced for a game that should be fast paced. There some good things, the graphics and textures are done well, and so is sound. The shooting and game play is confident, but repetitive, game modes are fairly similar as well, so there isn't much of a choice range for different types of players. The controls are also fiddly, which is a real problem in a game like this. Over all, this is an OK game, which is understandable because it is free, but there are much better f2p games out there. Expand
  48. Aug 1, 2014
    This game is free to play on Steam and it is really awesome to say the least. I've only been playing it for a short time but the game play screams polished and definitely worth downloading into your Steam library. The action is fast paced and there are a multitude of variables that are available for customization within the game such as customizing your ship and using special abilitiesThis game is free to play on Steam and it is really awesome to say the least. I've only been playing it for a short time but the game play screams polished and definitely worth downloading into your Steam library. The action is fast paced and there are a multitude of variables that are available for customization within the game such as customizing your ship and using special abilities during gameplay such as cloaking devices and stuff like that. I will be adding to this review more as a play the game more. But i'm pretty sure it will stay at a ten like Tribes Ascend because the game is free. The ability to join a corporation or clan so to speak will give you more options available within the game. The multiple ship types are a really great element to the game as well and while I am still in the beginning stages of the game, each of the ships have different strengths and weaknesses. Expand
  49. Jan 14, 2014
    The fast pace PvP evolves nicely as you move up though the ships. At about Rank 4 you start utilizing the tactics you have learned and start feeling like you have some control over the chaos. At rank 8 after flying with corp mates for a couple weeks some serious strategies start to form and that is where the fun begins.

I have purchased a DLC pack for the game and have spent enough

I have purchased a DLC pack for the game and have spent enough time being entertained that I feel it was well worth the cash and that the company behind the game is deserving of the cash.

Give it a try although you and your wallet may wish you hadn't.
  50. Feb 16, 2014
    The game has an interesting concept and potential but is far away from being finished (still in beta) and playable.

At first it is fun to play this space action game as it has a little bit of depth and takes some strategy to win. But soon you'll realize that this game is unbalanced, matchmaking is awful and servers are terrible. The lack of players especially in non-Russian

The lack of players especially in non-Russian territories makes this game even more difficult to play with long wait times for matches.

The open beta is going on for a year or longer and the game still doesn't have a release date yet. They plan to implement more features and game modes this year and supposed to officially release the game but all that seems far away with the baby steps in development.
  51. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Did you just read a review about this free to play game being a pay to win POS? disregard those outdated and uniformed opinions on this matter as they likely spent more time writing that review than they did discerning if their review was even accurate. The numbers do not lie and the numbers have always shown to those willing to look that the free to play space crafts are superior or equal in balance to premium ones. some premium ships have badass bonuses but what they fail to see is the weaknesses of the ship as a result. all ships have strengths and weaknesses no more than any other in this game, premium or not. after a year of being in beta. this game is kicking ass and taking names. anyone who has taken the time to learn this games mechanics and core structure (which is not easy or quick) will tell you how awesome it actually is under the surface most barely scratch. None of the cons i have read on this page still exist or did exist to the degree these people have claimed indicating most reviews were written after very little play time. after 3 months of playing i love this company and this game. this company is the opposite of SOE and EA....they reward their playerbase regularly for everything and nothing. they patch their patches to make sure new patches are implemented with minimal issues or bugs. they refuse to dumb the games massive offset system down for the stupid masses which i wholeheartedly support as a player and feel not enough companies have the guts to do that and since this one did i give them credit for not selling out. people who spend money on this game before learning the ropes will be in for a rough time. it is a very complex game. you should do your homework first. after all you are not some idiot who hands cash to people you have just met for something that you just found and know nothing about, are you? I could write much more but i chose to crap on the critics here in bulk cause their arguments are flatlined and in some cases straight up incorrect..... this game company loves its players and week after week their actions back up that statement. see for yourself...... add me in game as "aBIRDof" Expand
  52. May 16, 2014
    This is a great game with lots of potential. The art and design in the game, coupled with the need for great piloting skills makes it a game to play for hours on end. The only problems are that it takes forever to find a match and not enough people play.
  53. Nov 19, 2014
    Pay2Win
    Biased Admins
    Grind

Dont understand why it has so many positive ratings on steam, the latest ones you read are all negative. The game is fun at first but then turns into a grind, unless u spend money and speak russian.
  54. Oct 13, 2014
    A "MOBA in Space" game you want to love - but can't.

A "MOBA in Space" game you want to love - but can't.

As maybe the only one of its kind, it may initially be fun and addictive in the lower tiers. However, the mid/high-level game is completely broken, and gets more broken each week. Player retention is extremely low, and the player base slowly dwindles out of frustration with the game (2 months after official release there are less players than in beta), and the developers try to compensate with changes that favour the few remaining veteran "elite" players, allowing them to "farm" new players (called "baby seal clubbing") and make the game less and less fun for casual players.

Even 2 months after release, the developers still constantly change fundamental game parameters, such as how the matchmaking works, the PvE setup, etc.

The actual ship building and optimization, as well as space-shooter gameplay itself, is solid and fun. Though there are some problems with UI design, translations from russian - and if you can get over the mid/high-tier 3 to 5 minute wait times until you are actually placed in a match, and the 80% chance that the match will be either completely unbalanced, only 2v2 or 3v3, or both (depending on the time of day, i.e. when the 7eet kidz, aka veterans, come out of school).

As apparently common with this kind of games, the community is appalingly abrasive, with the veteran players overly protective of their advantages and privileges gained in Beta, and most of them unable to understand that they and their "if you don't like being butchered then fly better" attitude are an essential part of the problems with the game for casual gamers. The community is thusly split between "veterans" and "noobs", and between "standard" and "premium" players, each blaming the others for the shortcomings of the game. It's especially funny if you see some of the advocates preaching against the purchase of premium ships fly those themselves...

The game itself becomes ever more grindy, as the changes which allow the veteran players to compete with their fully developed ships in matches with "normal" players and their stock ships deny the non-vets the kills required to level (aka. "synergize") their own ships. This seems to be intentional by the developers, to force players to spend cash out of frustration with the useless grind (with each change concerning game modes followed shortly after by an approrpriate "sale").

Out of theoretical 4 game modes (PvP, PvE, Sector Conquest, Open World), only PvP and PvE is initially available to starting players. Sector Conquest is reserved high-tier PvP for "Corporations" (similar to Clans/Guilds), dominated by Russian players. Open World is available for low/mid tier and initially interesting, but can become very boring very quickly, and a griefer/PK situation seems to develop only slowly (due to lack of player targets). Finally, PvE, formerly used by established players for "farming", has now been basically closed to most casual/solo-players from the mid-tiers upward. PvE missions "balanced" for the best and fully developed ships in the tier bracket can now only be accomplished by players in cordinated groups, or very very good solo players with high-rank fully leveled ships.

If you are a casual player and want to try this, be very careful not to spend to much money on it until you reach at least Tier 3, as the gameplay will change markedly for the higher tiers, and you really need to have a masochistic vein to endure the slaughtering by the veterans (and believe me, it doesn't get better - unless you're very good it get's only worse). If you still decide to spend cash, make sure to wait for a suitable sale - those are very common.

If you are a very very good player, you may actually like this game... for a time... Even among the established veterans there is a tendency to leave the game in frustration and disgust, and some only seem to stay aboard because they already have invested hundreds of dollars and/or hours in their accounts, and now cling desperately to their virtual status.

Unfortunately, there are very few viable alternatives currently available for MOBA space sim fans, so many of the SC players seem to simply wait for the release of Elite:Dangerous, Entropy, Star Citizen, etc. to head over there.

+ship building/optimization
    +actual pvp combat (if placed in a balanced match)
    -community is disgustingly abrasive
    -matchmaking is now completely unbalanced in mid/high tiers, favouring vets, increasing grind for "casuals"
    -wait times are insane, 3-5 minutes for matches that last only 1 to 8 minutes
    -developers fail to understand what to do to stem player base deterioration, and strongly favour vets interests
    -random undocumented changes by developers even outside of "official" patches, with any criticism stricly censored/deleted by the inexperienced mods, as if not talking about a problem will make it go away...
  55. Oct 27, 2014
    This game is pretty great but rating is forced to be positive. There's too much fake reviews of game just because administration of one of fansites asked to people for writing positive reviews. That's not fair. So my score is for balance.

Here what i mean (russian):

[10:30] Lezort CM (SC):
  56. Dec 14, 2014
    Awesome game! really fun when you play with friends. nice pvp and kinda lot of pve to be honest.
    First time you play you think its a pvp game only but there is a really big world you can explore. i hope they advertise better the open world thing, becouse its kinda hidden

1. Nov 18, 2014
    Star Conflict is a good free-to-play game with some flaws and a moderate free-to-play model.
  2. Nov 17, 2014
    A solid sci-fi game, but you should probably wait for the release of Elite: Dangerous.
  3. Nov 12, 2014
    Gameplay is solid, making this an interesting free to play space shooter. It's not yet War Thunder in orbit, but it's still more than worth a try.