2.2

1. May 1, 2013
    I hate to deviate from the overwhelming majority, but I played the game in the single player mode (Kirk) and I loved it. There was plenty of action, a typical Star Trek plot, and a good choice of weapons--although they were weak ones. It is one of the few $50 games I have played this year that I feel is worth the price.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    Surprisingly very enjoyable game! I like the voice acting, the athmosphere, the gameplay. All very good. Except im currently having problems with co-op. I hope it will be fixed soon
  3. Sep 12, 2013
    I enjoyed this game. I am not sure why all the negative reviews. It has a decent story line and simple but fun game play. Maybe most of these people don't like Star Trek
  4. May 3, 2013
    I liked this game, simple and functional, very fun to play and see for yourself, AI is good, no bugs until now, graphics very good, I'm very satisfied
  5. May 6, 2013
    A wonderful Trek game. It gives you the sense of actually being in a tie-in movie, and sports the banter of the original series characters. The gameplay is fun and very similar to how it plays out in the 2009 movie, and the whole game is executed in the same way. For those looking for a more "Original Trek" feeling, you can try to take on the Commendation objectives, which are more challenging and rewarding, and require you to take care of objectives more diplomatically. The graphics hold up even under close scrutiny and fast paced action, though require a stronger system than average. They may not be groundbreaking, but they are definitely up to date and good looking. The multi player adds a layer of fun as well, and promotes a lot of teamwork.
    The majority of complaints about the game happen to be centered on the fact that AS SOON as the game came out, there was a Steam server problem. The error was corrected within three days, but that didn't stop anyone from coming here to write awful reviews, in an attempt to make the developers fix it faster (even though it wasn't completely the developers fault). The outrageous reviews have given it a bad name, when it is a thoroughly enjoyable game. I was part of a forum where I saw the members decide to make several accounts here, just to talk bad about the game, in their attempts to get the developers to fix the multi player servers faster. It has forever stained the review score here and was unnecessary. In the end the multi player was quickly fixed and the game is great. Star Trek fan? Buy it.
  6. Jan 23, 2014
    This video game was so great it felt like it was stealing my virginity. Playing through the levels gave me constant waves of orgasms. Kirk and Spock's voice acting was so great it pierced my rectum. I wish i could give it a higher score.
  7. Jan 23, 2014
    This game too gud for review, it was best gameing experiance i evar had. Spock was so hot all the way throu the whole gam. Same with Captain Kirk. I likd how the AI could go throu peeple and stuf. Can't wait for sequel
  8. May 2, 2013
    This game is much more valid than the Critic or User review you read. Indeed, when it launched it was bugged. You couldn't play COOP (and for a CoOp game that's a very severe issue) and you got some bugs. That sprung extremely bad reviews and it sorta deserved that since you couldn't play it the right way. But three days after launch, they released a patch that fixed CoOp and the bugs it had. I have played the full game, in coop (so no dumb IA involved) and I can say this: It's a very nice game, nice graphics (on the PC), no bugs (I have encountered none in my full playthrough) and fun experience. The production value is rather high (sountrack from the movie, good graphics and effects, good models, overall good textures, dubbing from the original actors, nice story and great dialogs) and the game itself is fun to play and even more if you like the source material (J.J. Abrams' Star Trek). The reviews are unfair. The correct score, in my opinion, is a 7 or 7.5 for a non fan and 8 or 8.5 for a fan. Try to play it cooperatively only (with a friend, using voice communication) and you'll enjoy it. Expand
  9. Apr 23, 2013
    I was very surprised at the quality of this game. Very fun with a good storyline and great voice acting. Most movie to game titles can not stand up like this one does.
  10. Apr 26, 2013
    Absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous these negative scores and judgements. It's a Star Trek themed game. Yes and a shooter too because they did that in Star Trek. Beaming up and down, phasers, scanning etc all the things that are unique to Star Trek. Voice acting is excellent and graphics very good like in Mass Effect 3. I love the sound effects and special effects of the weapons. The ladies perfect.

I've found it difficult to put down and played a few hours. On my Asus Vulcan headphones with a top end pc and video card this game is no different in quality to Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 or Tombraider all which I have played for days. It's Star Trek. I love Star Trek so I love this game more but because they've done a lot of things RIGHT!! I'm playing on Windows 8 no problems or bugs.

The atmosphere and story are great. I'm really enjoying it and I can't play more because its 2 am now and I have to sleep. That's how good it is. This is NOT and never will be Call of Duty or Far Cry as it is based on an entirely different theme.

I laugh when I see zeros. My guess is that those who are writing these negative reviews are a tiny percentage who had problems with co-op which I never had. I bet a large number of players, the majority are playing and love this but just never write reviews. I'm one of them and I love this game and I love quality games and wouldn't go near this if it wasn't quality. My favourite game is the new Tomb Raider followed by Far Cry 3 so I'm not stupid. I know a good quality game because I play them all the time and this is a great game. Assassins Creed 3 another great game. Skyrim another great game. I know my games and this is a very good game NOT the rubbish people are trying to portray it as. I'm an avid gamer and I'm really enjoying this. Reminds me of one of my favourited Mass Effect 3.

And I bet there are many, many more people that never come here that love this and would give it a 9 or 10.
  11. Apr 24, 2013
    Surprisingly solid game. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much when I jumped in, but I ended up really liking it. It captures the feel of the source material really well. Voice work is well-done. Graphics are okay to good. Combat mechanics are pretty average. All-in-all, not a bad game at all. An easy recommendation from me for anyone that likes Star Trek.
  12. May 26, 2013
    I am not really sure where all the negative reviews are coming from. Apparently a game deserves a 0 if a feature isn't functional at release. Just because the Co-Op was messed up initially, does not mean the game is completely useless or crap.

As a Star Trek fan, I give the game an 8. I can see it having a somewhat lower rating if you are new to the series or have no nostalgia for the
    universe.

Pros: The voice acting is good, at least of the two main characters. The dynamic with Kirk, Spock, and Bones has some humourous moments. The textures are really good, with the Enterprise interior looking great. There is a nice range of weapons to choose from. Interesting tricorder scanning mode that adds a collectible element to the game. Many portions of missions offer a non-lethal option to try and fulfill, which can be challenging at times. Tie-in with the second movie.

Cons: Weapon and tricorder upgrades could have been expanded, possibly with different upgrades depending on weapon type. Game could have been longer. The AI of the enemy is a little weak, at least when it comes to hiding and ambushing you (You can normally shoot an enemy trying to hide because his butt sticks out of the obstacle it is using to hide). The AI of your partner could have been better, but he does the job more or less.

Honestly, I did not experience any of the bugs people have been talking about on here, nor did I care about Co-Op working. The game is decent to good, not garbage or crap like the vast majority of people here state. Granted, with the price tag, they could have fleshed out the game more, but hey, game so often get released incomplete or lacking.
  13. Oct 28, 2013
    I also don't see why people are giving this game a zero or 1. Its not a 9 or 10 either, it could of been spectacular if not rushed to meet the movie deadline. I would rate it "Worth Playing" if you can get it on a deal. The voice acting is really great. Pine and Quinto did a good job and it was enjoyable to play. The combat wasn't perfect but I did enjoy this game and I played it all the way through. If a game boring, doesn't hold my interest, or its a crap game I don't finish it, I finished this one. Expand
  14. Apr 29, 2013
    Well I must say I am surprised by the number of problems people are having. I have not seen any bug so far. No huge Spock, no Spock running to the wall, no character hanging on invisible walls. And as I do not give a damn about MP and coop I do not care if it is working or not. Maybe I am lucky. Or maybe some players are unlucky. Who knows.
    Now to the game. It is exactly what I expected
    to be. An action game set in the restarted ST universe with characters voiceacted by film actors. Nothing more nothing less. It is accompanied by an interesting story and a decent graphics. I actually like the graphics. At least it has sharp textures and no low resolution ugly ones as ME3 does. And for me it even plays better than ME. Hell you can not even jump in ME, not to mention climb or swim. And your companions are there only as a cannonfodder. Here you can at least ask your teammate to do something. Oh and have I mentioned the space battle minigame? I have read many people who dislike it. I for one found it o.k. Especially the strategy mode, where you select enemy weakspots and then attack with all you have. Again, how many space battles have you seen in ME? Right, there are none.
    So all in all it is a decent game. It could be better, but it could be worse, but I am having fun and that is what matters, The only problem I have is the price. It is simply too overpriced. Wait till the price drops to half or when the game is in a Steam sale for even lower price.
  15. Jul 20, 2013
    **DISCLAIMER: I did not buy this game until July on the Steam summer sale. Some valid issues that people have had may have been addressed via patch(s) since the original reviews from launch**

So many poor reviews, so many band-wagon uninformed. The game is certainly not as bad as people seem to want to portray it. The biggest issues are the rather minor, sometimes annoying gameplay
    problems, and the AI is certainly not very smart; but, there are many games that fail in that department. It would seem that this game was needlessly targeted by those who do not know, understand, or care about the heritage of Trek gaming.

The game is far from "bad" and is entertaining at the very least. While it is certainly not worth the release sticker price, it is not bargain-bin material either. The graphics are okay, they can hold hold their own, but are nothing to write home about. The sets looks nice, and the texturing is good, but the effects (explosions and such) are sub-par. The biggest graphical issue I noticed was the animations, They look rather lackluster and awkward at times and the mouth movement on the voiced sequences are not very convincing. Other than the above the graphics are not too shabby, just don't expect Tomb Raider or Crysis III quality.

As far as gameplay, the combat feels good, so long as it is at a distance. When enemies get close aiming can be a chore (or impossible) to hit them and melee is not good at all. Movement (running, jumping, and maneuvering) feels normal for a 3rd person shooter (Other than the awkward animations). The cover mechanism that some complained about is not as bad as they would have you believe; for me, it works fine. The overall combat is not far off from Mass Effect, it just lacks the polish. Puzzle-solving scenarios are included, though they are rarely difficult and take a back seat to the action in comparison to ST titles such as 25th anniversary.

The story is actually pretty good, better than the hot-mess disaster known as "Into Darkness". Without major spoilers, It has you facing the Gorn in an attempt to thwart them from using a powerful Vulcan device. Along the way it throws you through some rather nicely done environments (again mild on the spoilers) such as the halls of the Enterprise, a space station and even New Vulcan. Though a few would disagree, I think the level design is fairly well thought out.

The voice acting is nice, especially from Pine and Quinto. The rest of the crew are convincing, but not quite at the same level. The score is moody and works throughout the game, with familiar melodies from the movies (2009 and Into Darkness).

Oh well, people can make of it as they please, but here is my breakdown.

Graphics: 7
    Gameplay: 6
    Design: 7
    Sound: 8
    Overall: 7

Bottom-line: Is it the best game around? No. It is the worst thing to to hit the gaming world year to date? also, no. If you are a younger Trekkie, you will enjoy it. If you are in the older age range, it may not offer the mental challenge you would like. The game is far from broken, or unplayable, however could it be better? Yes, but hey, what game out there could not use improvement in some aspect or another.
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    i got this and i gotta say while it is maybe the best game in the star trek line of games maybe this game itself is really a kinda boring linear 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics the so called exploration with the tricorder is a joke the only exploring u do is when your walking in that straight line from a to b just pull out that tricorder and see if there is anything to scan in the hallway the whole game seems tp take place in thats it

.i being a massive trekker since i was 10 im 30 now i gotta say i really do not like this new reboot it is so not in the spirit of star trek this new star trek is just a action heavy, highly stylized version really in name only the game really doesnt feel like iam playing star trek and that really dissapoints me i literally gotta keep telling myself “hey this is a star trek game its what u always wanted,”cuz other than the name of the characters it really doesnt feel like star trek, and the gorn in this game who are the main enemy they are soo godamn stupid its maddening they are literally DINOSAURS!!! no joke they are like really like thick velicoraptors i hate them how would these aliens even build ships and weapons and when they walk on fours sometimes or dont even seem to have culture or anything resembling a alien race in the star trek universe.

but than i just remind myself “this is the new cool updated star trek and its in a alternate time line/dimension so basically they can do anything they want in terms of alien looks and behavior and explain it away by saying that”.and even so they dont even seem in the spirit of star trek like in the movie what the was the deal with the romulans i mean cmon huge face tats GOD!

So it seems too me that this new trek really isnt for us old star trek veterans who seen all the shows and movies and know all about the star trek universe this reboot as much as all of us probably want more and new star trek this is for newbies and people who know hardly nothing bout star trek cuz this new is just a action movie with star trek characters its all flash and no soul.

So the game for me was kinda boring and i always had this feeling like i wanted more from it i wish it was more open ended with more exploration.and the game seems too be really easy in terms of everything is mostly Press “this” button to “open door “to “hack a door” to heal to help ur teammate just felt like it was really dumb down if this wasnt star trek and it was just some generic game it would be horrible and boring cuz theres nothing special the story is good if u like this version of star trek so if u do than you will love the story if u dont the it will just be boring.
  17. Jul 21, 2013
    The gameplay feels like a good third person action/shooter and integrates great mechanics such as the gliding phases or the swimming ones and the tricorder scan feature gives a motivation to explore and find out information about the various species or about the weapons. The Co-op is really fun (not much co-op games are enjoyable as this one) and the voice acting is superb. The graphics are good and the game does not suffer of extreme bugs, apart for some sporadic A.I. problems (enemies). I give 6/10 to the plot and 10/10 at the great Giacchino's soundtrack. Expand
  18. Apr 30, 2013
    Initially there was a bug that prevented many of us who bought this game on Steam to play it cooperatively, but after three days, Valve finally released a patch and so now I am updating my review. Generally speaking, "Star Trek the Video Game" was a fun title to play with a friend, but it is far too short (~10 hours) to warrant its $50 price tag.

I understand the comparisons made to
    franchises like "Mass Effect" (e.g. cover-based, over-the-shoulder, third-person combat, smartly concealing their loading screens within elevator rides), but I think the game has enough variety to describe it as a compilation of elements from several titles. Most things were derivative in nature, except for the complementary design of the co-op system. During missions, there are instances where each player has their own distinct tasks to perform, and these moments were more akin to co-op titles like "Hunted: The Demon Forge", where the game requires collaboration to complete tasks. I bought this game intending to play it with a friend, so I will limit my comments to the co-op adventure, although my experience with similar games usually includes frustration with the AI partners during solo play.

Some of the "puzzles" that required players to navigate the environment were inspired, and we really didn't experience the number of bugs being described in other reviews, so perhaps some of these were fixed in a subsequent patch. Placing the events of the game before the second movie would seem to provide more opportunities for creativity, as opposed to merely animating what audiences viewed in theaters, and I felt this was a better way of using a video game to advertise a movie. The overall story arc was fine, but it just needed more fleshing out; a game at this price should be at least 30 hours or more, and it really should be well-polished. Neither of these are true, and so I agree with many of the criticisms that have been levied on this title. If the game had been priced at under $30, and we had been able to play it on release day, I probably would have had more positive things to state.

More specifically, the lip-syncing was slightly off at times, probably due to fewer muscles being simulated in the face (compared to titles from Bioware). Including the voices of the actual movie cast was certainly a plus, but the voice direction could have been a bit sharper. Some characters were well-rendered, while others (like Chekov) looked acceptable during distant cut scenes, but up-close seemed as if they had contracted some unknown illness. A couple of the checkpoints were set at moments where the characters had a lot of dialogue, so if your team needed to repeat a task, you both had to endure the several minutes of dialogue and movement to retry the event.

Now that the co-op experience is functional, I don't think it is fair to give this game a score of zero. If you wait for the price to come down below $30, and have someone you enjoy playing co-op games in mind, I think you'll enjoy "Star Trek the Video Game". Again, I'd list it with titles like "Hunted: The Demon Forge", "Lord of the Rings: War in the North", or "Transformers: The War for Cybertron" when trying to rate the fun of the co-op experience. None of these games are perfect, but these days there are few high-quality games that focus on a lengthy co-op campaign, and I wish that would change. The game is notably short, but I suppose the players could switch characters and try different strategies (e.g. stealth), assume alternate roles in hacking puzzles, and vary the choice of weapons and upgrades to make a second play-through almost as interesting.
  19. Apr 24, 2013
    Personally I like the game, so far, it plays well and the characters are entertaining. I can understand why a lot of people are angry with co-op not working in a co-op game. I don't normally play co-op games, and the single player so far is pretty good.
  20. Apr 25, 2013
    I still think they handled the whole co-op PC issue terribly. However, in fairness, now that the co-op is working I think it gets a 6.5. If it was a little less buggy it would get a 7 or 7.5. I hope they revisit their PR policy. Denying it and then providing no further communications for two days certainly inflamed the situation. A simple acknowledgment and frequent updates would have gone a long way. Although I am a huge fan of Kenneth. Best post ever. Expand
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    I came in expecting a 7.5, I got what I asked for. Star Trek is an above-average licensed game with solid, albeit uninspired gameplay. Once the AI pathfinding and miscellaneous glitches are fixed, it's well worth looking into.

PROS:
    +The cast of the movie reprises their roles. While some of the delivery from the minor characters is underwhelming, Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto gave very
    good performances as Kirk and Spock.
    +Decent writing. The plot was no more ridiculous than Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman's plot for the original J.J. Abrams movie.
    +The soundtrack and theatrical presentation helps the game nail the feeling of playing a movie.
    +The tricorder scan system and research library feels reminiscent of Metroid Prime's scan visor mechanic. It certainly adds replay value.
    +Solid execution of shooter mechanics.
    +Cooperative play, when it works, is excellent.

CONS:
    -No splitscreen cooperative play.
    -Underwhelming graphics options. Might be adjustable via a configuration file, but I have yet to go digging for it.
    -Default controls take some getting used to.
    -Dated animations and somewhat lackluster texture work occasionally undercut the dramatic tension.
    -Does nothing to innovate.
  22. Nov 27, 2013
    Anyone who says this game is a "copy" Well it is. So are a lot of other games. Did you guys expect them to piss off a few million dollars to make a game engine specifically for this game? Co-Op Works for me, and I've only ever encountered 3 bugs. Maybe if you don't TRY to break the game, it wont break? Food for thought!

Anyway, the voice acting is good, and I DISLIKE what the story have
    done to the Gorn (Gorn are NOT other galaxy things that want to eat Vulcans!) Although there are good use of objectives, and the Noncombat objectives make it feel a lot more like Trek. Overall this is a good game, fun to play, and enjoyable.

The controls are somewhat strange, however, after the first gameplay event/mission, its fairly simple to get used to.

On the other hand, the Gorn are idiots. They try to hide behind objects, but are too big, Honestly I don't have a problem with them charging at me like an idiot though, just when they try to hide behind 2inch thick poles. AND You can tell your partner to take cover, or stay behind. So stealth missions ARE NOT impossible.

I love the tricorder. it is an amazing gameplay mechanic. And the world spaces are beautiful. Another good mechanic is the weapons. Having the upgradable weapons, along side of the weapons you can pick up off the ground and use. There is enough variety to allow for several different play styles, from rapid-fire, to snipers, to shot gunners.

Although it does have some glitches that can impede progress where you will have to go back to an earlier place, but there are enough checkpoints where it does not mater THAT much.

However, the game WAS NOT worth the $50 it was released at. But for $20 the game is decent.
  23. Apr 24, 2013
    Star Trek is a surprisingly good movie cash in. Normally these type of tie-ins are poor attempts to make money off the back of the new film but it is not the case here! I must say, the new Star Trek film looks great and I can't wait to see it.

The game doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, this is a simple 3rd person linear action/adventure game. This is no Mass Effect, there are no
    choices and everything is pre-destined. But that only makes it a shallow game, not a rubbish game. It is an enjoyable romp with quality voice acting and a great opening sequence. The enterprise looks great and so do the player models, however, graphics are not quite up to scratch. Graphically, this has console port written all over it so don't be expecting anything mind blowing. Controls are okay, I am using a mouse and keyboard and I have to say they have ported it very well. Although, it is a lot easier playing with a Xbox controller.

All in all the game is coop orientated but I have played half the game on my own and the A.I controlled Kirk was fine and showed great awareness during coop parts. I have completed the game with a coop friend and we ran into no trouble at all. We are not Star Trek fans by any stretch on the imagination but we have both agreed that this is a enjoyable game but not worth full price admission. At say... £15 £20, I'd probably say buy it, but priced at £30, it's just to hard to recommend when there are better games on the market that include a competitive multiplayer to sweeten the deal.

Overall, it's worth a play through and I am sure Star Trek fans will love it. It is not difficult unless you are playing on the hard difficulty but this is due to clumsy shooting mechanics more than anything. However, it is nice to have a console port that has been optimised to a good quality (unlike 007 Legends and Assassin Creed 3) for PC and the added coop option is great if you have close friends that enjoy some casual coop gaming.

24. Apr 27, 2013
    It is not THAT bad for a movie licensed game. It is definitely more than cheap cash-in. The are way worse movie tie-in games out there (think Iron Man or Expendables). It IS an expensive cash-in though, it is derivative in almost every aspect. Can be a fun time-killer if you are a Star Trek fan.
  25. Apr 29, 2013
    I had to register, because this is another game that is unfairly rated low for no reason, except that it's a Star Trek game. The reviews around 6 and 7 are correct, no matter if you're a fan or not. My look at it will be like a copy from other gamers, but a score is a score. Review is for PC version. PROS: +Original voice actors: if you're doing a film tie-in, this is a big plus. Many games just use imitations, hoping on-one will notice, but we do. Two leads have the most work, but other crew is all there. If you've seen the movie, you'll know it it's original when you hear Chekov... +Story: it's nothing ground-breaking, but the story is there, it moves you forward and it's not bad. If not for the tie-in, it would make a great pilot for TV series +Pacing: you mainly just shoot at enemies, but the game throws a few surprises, like Enterprise shooting on fleeing enemy, dodging sun eruptions (or something), dodging space debris... +Collectibles: They give a nice side-information about the objects and people in the game. You collect audio logs, information on enemies, guns, stuff on the planet you're on... MIDDLE POINT: /Shooting and cover: Shooting is done fairly good, you get few guns along the way. You can only carry two, phaser and rifle, but you can easily do anything with a phaser. The rifles look different but they all shoot the same neon lights. /Tricorder and XP: you use it to hack doors, turning on machines and locating collectibles, you can even see enemies through the walls. For this you get XP, which you can use to ''buy'' some improvements for your guns or tricorder (like more energy for guns, increased tricorder range, pointing on collectibles when you're in range...) But if you're a collector, you find yourself using it a bit too much; you walk in a room and scan, few steps forward and scan... Improvements are few and even fewer are usable, you have a set of 7 skills with 3 improvements each, but you can only use one of those three, so that means 7 at once. /Enemies: You shoot lizard aliens and occasionaly a robot. They're not any different from any other lizard aliens in other games. There are a few variants (brute, grunt, sniper...), but not a big challenge. They're funny, because they hide behind a crate and they have a head or a tail sticking out, because they're just too big. /Graphics: Star Trek world was never known for rich textures. Everything is polished and reflective. The characters and the spaceships are passable, enemies are not so detailed, and the planet levels are weak. /Bugs: I don't understand how some failed reviewers rate this game as broken or buggy. Sure, it has bugs but even ''better'' games have more bugs. To me it happened only twice, one AI-controled Spock got stuck in space and once i fell through the floor because I was jumping where I shouldn't. AI does a good job, there's one point where you transport yourself with a gun, and AI performs excellent on his own. CONS: -Secondary Objectives: They are in the lines: move through one section without alerting enemies to your presence or don't kill starfleet personel. You get a commendation for doing them, but nothing else, no XP, no screenshots from the movie set... Wasted potential. -Few unfriendly checkpoints and weak guide: By unfriendly I mean saving before a cutscene, because you can't skip them during the game. Skippable are only at the start and at the end of the level. Guide is not of much use, because the levels are fairly linear and it only shows you where to go, not how to get there. There are a few point in the game where you have a chasm and you don't know if you have to jump over it or is there a switch. -Hacking: Too much of it. You must hack every important door with a game where you match sound waves or where you must find two matching sound waves. You can even hack enemy turrets and mines with a snake like game where you guide a line to a goal where you must not hit the wall. -No CO/OP on one computer, at least I didn't find it. Notable Mention: Humor, nice addition and unexpected. Expand
  26. Aug 2, 2013
    Mamy świetne gry o Star Warsie, mamy Mass Effecta, oczywiście brakuje tutaj tylko porządnej gry ze świata Star Treka. Jak w każdym przypadku, jak i tutaj, nie udało się po prostu wsadzić znaną markę do słabej gry i osiągnąć sukces.Co prawda grafika i fabuła, W MIARĘ dają radę, to już samo AI, bugi, niedopracowania, nudna kampania, głupie mini gierki i niewykorzystany potencjał klimatu Star Treka całkowicie niszczą tą grę. Muszę się przyznać. że bardzo chciałem aby coś z tej gry wyszło, oczekiwałem nareszcie dobrej gry powiązanej ze światem Star Treka, jednak ponownie, przeliczyłem się. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  27. Apr 25, 2013
    CO-OP is totally broken, graphics are pretty lame with bad textures on maximum settings, control glitches all over the place, contrived and poorly balanced quicktime gameplay... avoid this like the plague.
  28. Apr 24, 2013
    Well i am done with pre-orders, the game is not another colonial marines, but nether is it the ultimate Star Trek experince, at a simple movie tie in job, nothing more. Pro. Good voice work Some set peices are good. Cons. Terrible controls. The graphics are last gen to say the least. Some game stopping bugs concerning the AI. And worst of all you can see its a console port the PC's power is simply not used nor is there are optimisation.

If you have a console then wait till this game is on sale for at least half the present price, its a generic shooter. nothing more.
  29. Apr 23, 2013
    This will be the last time i pre order a game. I played the game for about 3 hours..I can not stand the controls..Dodge/Cover is borked and in single player your partner (spock/Kirk) is a waste. The game just feels slow and clunky..I have hope for the future as maybe they can patch/Fix it? Like one person said..Wait until it is at 19.99 then maybe it is worth the money....DO not pay 49.99 like I did... Expand
  30. Apr 24, 2013
    Pros: The voice acting. Pine and Quinto do a good job. Some of the minor characters feel like they're phoning it in, but the two leads are most important and they did a great job.

It feels like Trek. The ability to choose non-lethal combat in appropriate scenarios is a great choice. Phasers have a 'stun' settings for a reason! The tricorder is well designed and very useful, though
    it almost falls into Batman Arkham Asylum territory because you want to keep it on at almost all times to find objects you can interact with, but that means you can't have your weapon out. (Why not tricorder in one hand, phaser in the other?)

The story is serviceable. Nothing amazing, but not bad. This could easily be the plot of an episode of a new Trek TV series.

The Enterprise looks great. I didn't like the design of the new 1701 at first, but it's growing on me, and it looks as it should in this game.

Cons: The shooting controls are awful. Shooting anything at close range is near impossible because you wind up shooting behind the target that's right in front of you. Wonky perspective.

The cover mechanics only work when they want to. I keep wishing they had been able to copy the Mass Effect controls and cover mechanic, but this feels like a really cheap imitation of that.

The game can devolve into a cluster**** when you're in combat shooting and being shot at (while wrestling with the controls), trying to listen to someone give you critical information while everything is exploding, and there are prompts telling you new interactions all at the same time. Often times, one of those things will be missed and you'll die. One time it got to the point where the best way to advance was to just run head first into danger and get to the other side before I died instead of listening to the hints/prompts.

Overall, this game is good at times, but not often enough. It goes from slightly fun to immensely frustrating like a never-ending rollercoaster. Absolutely not worth full retail price.
  31. Apr 27, 2013
    I am shocked and appalled at how glitchy this game is and how the developers have the nerve to write fake reviews and score it a 10.

The A.I is brain-dead. If you want to do something stealthy then don't count on it because your A.I will run in at full speed whether it is Spock or Kirk.

It's glitchy! I've had to restart levels because I've ended up walking in space, bosses have died
    too soon and as a result interrupted a cut scene, the AI will just stop what they're doing sometimes and expect you to do the whole level on your own.

The controls are just clunky. It's hard to jump from pillar to pillar, your partner will stand in front of a door and refuse to move, your character will sometimes refuse to move in the right direction... just bad. Why couldn't they fix this before release?

Now don't get me wrong: this game has got some redeeming features.

The characters may look ghostly but the environments are pretty damn awesome. They are beautiful on my PC and I have stopped moving to look around in awe.

The voice actors are all here too which is a nice touch although the friendship between Spock and Kirk is a little... well it doesn't feel right. Would it have felt better if the characters were based off of original Kirk and Spock and voiced by Shatner and Nimoy? Some part of me wants to wish so but I know it wouldn't work.

This game is disappointing and bad. As a life-long fan of Star Trek: TOS I can safely say I want Scotty to beam me up because this game was a waste of money.

Ps.

I've not tried Co-Op just yet so I do not think it would be fair to comment on that aspect of the game
  32. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was so close to be a great game, great experience. Unfortunately it stopped in the middle of the way. Great VA, great soundtrack, amazing sceneries, good combat but on the other hand, dull graphics, so many glitches, bugs. Star Trek fan will enjoy it but for other ppl, its just an average game, if given time, it could be a lot better.
  33. Apr 25, 2013
    I'm so appalled by this I'm finding it difficult to write a proper review. Over the shoulder, cover based, shooter means this game equals Gears of Trek except for the fact that the shooting mechanics are absolutely atrocious and the A.I. is possibly some of the dumbest seen since Aliens Colonial Marines (ok, maybe not THAT bad but close). I've read lots of people trying to compare the game to Mass Effect. I suppose that comparison would be valid except, unlike Mass Effect, this game lacks a compelling narrative, character dialog, deep environment interactions, and RPG elements.

The story, so far, has been trite. Nothing more than a poor excuse to push players along to each scripted area of waist high walls and explosions. The cover mechanics are nearly as broken as the shooting mechanics and while the non-lethal takedowns are a great addition, most players will just forget about them and kill everything.

Graphically, the fact that this is a shoddy port of the console versions is clear from the start. The graphics themselves look decidedly dated even at high resolutions. The rendering of Chris Pine as Kirk is decent but Zachary Quinto as Spock? Let's just say the game's rendition of Spock looks as though he is a Vulcan with Down's Syndrome. Meanwhile, textures glitch out and low resolution textures are covered by bloom. Gameplay bugs are all over the place abound while coop (a major selling point) is broken. The fact that the devs themselves have been caught trying to inflate the score should be quite telling.

This is a far, far cry from Roddenberry's Star Trek, which, despite its cheesiness, always had an undercurrent of moral and/or philosophical discussion. This, much like J.J. Abrams' reboot, is just a bombastic show of special effects that doesn't even try to engage the viewer/player. I'm sad I wasted my time with this title.
  34. Aug 17, 2013
    Well.... this game was different.... it felt like I was helping a intellectually disabled person progress to the next objective. Really it felt like the game was only half finished. Some parts were okay... but it's still honestly a let down. I don't understand how this game even left the studio? I think some people did favours to get this one through. Anyway, play if you MUST though spok doesn't like you in this game. Expand
  35. Aug 27, 2013
    We finished this game cooperatively on stream. We don't want to touch this game again so... the game had it's glitches. It was alright but as much time as this game had in Production. These game glitches are inexcusable.
  36. Apr 23, 2013
    Being a poorly done console port as well as a movie tie-in game isn't the issue which merits the game getting a poor score, it is the complete and total lack of working Online Co-op for the PC version that makes the game pointless and a waste of money. With so much emphasis placed on the Co-op component of the game, you'd think that would be the one feature they'd get right! Unfortunately the lack of working online, lack of polish, massive bugs, and dated visuals make it the total failure package it was sadly always assumed and destine to be. Expand
  37. Apr 25, 2013
    What a mess! First impression is that you're playing a game from 2008. Sure, the actual models are OK, specially Spock and Kirk that looks the business, but the textures, FX and animation are rubbish. With V-sync off, the game was running at over two hundred frames per second! This is not because the game is well optimised, it's because the graphics are so basic. Not only am I disappointed that they didn't use DX11 features for the PC version, but they didn't even take advantage of DX9. Doom 3 had flashier visuals than this!

The game is also full of glitches like the ability to walk through people, buttons which don't work but then they mysteriously do and the AI simply loses it half the time and starts going around in circles as if chasing its own tail. It's actually quite funny!

The story is neither here or there but the execution can sometimes be jarring. A good example of this (no spoilers) was when the crew of a space station gets sucked into space, killing all of them, and none of the main characters seem to care or even notice. Instead, we are presented with a cut scene where we learn that Kirk would like to get into the hot Vulcan girl's pants. That's a way to deal with watching people die.

The combat is cover based, so no surprises there. It is quite easy but then it gets to one of the first game bosses where it suddenly becomes far too difficult because of the cheap attacks. After that, it's back to laid back game play.

As a conclusion, this is a bad, bad game. It doesn't help that it's a rushed port with all the console stuff still there. Avoid.
  38. Apr 27, 2013
    For an 8 minute professional grade review you can watch my video review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9lvbtXdaRQ

Presentation
    Star Trek is not a bad looking game, but it certainly isn't a good looking game either. Character's look similar to their real-life counterparts, and the lip syncing is reasonable for the most part but the same can't be said for most of the other
    textures you'll be seeing throughout the game. Textures are muddy and pixilated, leaving mostly just an eye sore for you to endure. Luckily though, the game does not have a frame limit, and ran smoothly above 100 frames per second for the majority of my playthrough. PC Options are less than abysmal at best, no anisotropic filtering or even anti-aliasing. There's not even an option to rebind your keys so good luck to those that want to use their one-handed keyboards or those having an issue with certain keybinds and having a want to change them. At least you'll have a few eye catching moments in the game where you'll be able to take in the scenery before you move on to kill your next bad guy. Some scenes are cool to look at, especially when you get a chance you step out into space, even if it's only for a brief amount of time and is on rails. At least it seems like there was some effort put into the game to make it look decent, it's just a shame to not be able to see it look even better because the potential was there, but not captured.

Gameplay
    Star Trek: The Video Game is many things: it's a Third Person Cover Shooter with RPG elements, experience gaining alongside stealth mechanics, Army of Two style Co-op and even Uncharted's form of platforming in almost every mission. But there is one that that this game is not, and that's being any good. Starting off, before you even begin a new game on PC, you can't play with other people yet as of this review. With the game being completely designed around co-op and the fact that not a single person except for the developers themselves can play it, it seems that they kind of jumped the ball on this one for a Movie Game cash in. So as a back up, is the offline computer A.I. for your partner revolutionary, sophisticated and useful? No to all of those things. Half of the time your partner will glitch out, one time even warping through the ceiling and stopping me from progressing through the game, forcing me to reload my save. This would be okay to some extent if the checkpoints weren't so few and far between. But that's just the A.I., and this is supposed to be a co-op game specifically, so maybe we can set that aside for now and see if the rest of the game is any good. Well, unfortunately, no ones wishes will be granted here, for almost every aspect of the game is either extremely buggy or broken. The cover system is clunky, having you constantly pop out of cover without even doing anything and when you try to move from cover to cover your character moves with no sense of urgency that he just gets lit up by all the enemies he's walking right in front of, it's better to just not even use the thing, defeating it's own purpose entirely. The Uncharted-style platforming is also extremely frustrating and stiff moving that you'll get through an entire level, just to die by missing a single jump having to start back over at the beginning so you can waste another 10 minutes playing the same level over and over again. The RPG-like mechanics of leveling through scanning things with your Tricoder is also almost entirely pointless with the only abilities that are of any use at all to unlock are ones that make your pistol shoot faster and cooldown quicker. The game also wants to throw in "stealth" whenever it can to have you try and earn commendations that will grant you experience bonuses. But the stealth is also completely broken, where if you melee ANY enemy that isn't human from behind, you're character will glitch out and float for 5 frustratingly long seconds, usually allowing the other enemies to spot you. You also can hack devices such as turrets and mines, but these mini-games take so long to complete, some taking up to a full minute of just waiting for a little line to go across a grid. And if you get shot, well too bad, you have to start all over again. Even in the end, if the Co-Op was working, even if there was no latency issues or connection issues, there is just nothing it could bring to make this game any better. Obviously playing a game with friends will make pretty much any game more fun, but you can't rely on that to make your game any good. In the end, Star Trek: The Video Game doesn't know what it wants to be in terms of gameplay. It's not unheard of or a bad thing to take from other games and use their mechanics to enhance your own, but if all the mechanics are horribly broken and ultimately un-enjoyable, then you've made a less-than mediocre game that no one should ever play.

Verdict
    Since I'm out of space a 1 out of 5
  39. Apr 27, 2013
    When Co-op is broken,you are left with the A.I, but the A.I is almost brain-dead! They will get in your way when you really don't need them. Combat is-generic, and voice acting is the only good thing here. Game is also really BUGGY. At least on PC. I don't know if it is only bad port or PURE LAZYNESS! They also delayed the game,so this isn't acceptable. I don't recommend this game to ANYONE. Save your money for GTA V or Watch Dogs, ANYTHING ELSE!! Expand
  40. May 4, 2013
    To be honest i wasn't expecting much from a movie licensed game but i have to admit this is not the worst movie licensed game i have ever played but also this games suffers from the countless number of bugs and glitches at least on the PC version. There isn't really that much to say, gameplay is not really good, graphics are outdated, story...(if you know what i mean) and overall it is a shallow experience. If you are a hardcore Star Trek fan and you don't want to miss out anything, don't buy it, rent it because the game is not worth $60. Expand
  41. May 2, 2013
    Lasciando da parte le limitazioni grafiche, il gameplay trito e ritrito... dico, almeno curare un minimo l'intelligenza artificiale del partner in single player, no? Vedere Spock che corre in circolo come un cane che cerca di mordersi la coda, davvero esilerante... ma anche deludente!
    I Gorn... i Gorn... cosa c'entrano questi Gorn con quelli della TOS...
    Ennesima licenza sprecata,
    ennesimo gioco realizzato con i piedi... e pensare che la trama prometterebbe anche bene! Male Expand
  42. Apr 30, 2013
    The Game Was enjoyable at parts but some low resolutions caught my eye especially when your graphic card can handle way more,the voice acting was good but horribly lip-synced and that's not what Games are about the games about game play, and all i can say its derpy.
  43. May 3, 2013
    Boring story, stupid enemies that try to hide behind cover while their heads and tails stick out, most of the upgrades and weapons are useless. I heard the game has a lot of bugs and AI companion gets stuck, well the only real bug I have encountered is with the way point getting hung, had to pass it twice to get it to update also I had no mayor problem with the companion AI (he did get stuck twice so I had to issue a captains order to get him to move). All in all the game is just a poorly made platformer/TPS. Expand
  44. Jan 18, 2014
    This is a movie game so I guess I should have expected this to be a piece of **** but it wasn't so bad, I mean the co-op was nonfunctional at release, and even now it's not that good, the story is lame, and pointless, and it has a ton of bugs, but the voice acting from the cast of the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies is good, but not worth the price of admition.
  45. Apr 29, 2013
    Fun for about an hour, then it all goes downhill. I thought I was going to be pleasantly surprised. The beginning of the game is well done. The pacing is alright, the graphics are decent and the environments are not boring. Then the rest of the game shows up. Let me put it like this: if you like shooting repetitive enemies in a boring, brown corridor, this is your game. Oh wait, no one likes that. It's like they had some neat ideas and then just gave up. Such a shame. Expand
  46. Apr 26, 2013
    Another crappy Star Trek game-- I can't believe I keep falling for this stuff! Since I can't get my money back, I'm advising everyone else to just hold onto theirs.
  47. Apr 25, 2013
    I am changing my review from 6 to a 2! I only played a couple of levels and it didn't seem to bad, but now I have spent more time with it; I hate it with a passion! there is game breaking bugs, completely dumb A.I (I told kirk to go somewhere and he just ran against a wall until I reset checkpoint) boring hacking and rubbish story!
  48. May 3, 2013
    Like most movie/TV franchise cash-ins, this is terrible. Go watch the actual Star Trek series instead of playing through this dreck. 2/10 bacon pancakes.
  49. Jun 20, 2013
    The voice acting was the best thing about this game. Many of the other parts were buggy and underwhelming. As a movie game, I didn't expect a whole lot. I don't recommend this game to anyone, even star trek fans.
  50. Apr 26, 2013
    AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY JJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is right, this game is not so terrible, it has decent graphics, good voice acting (nothing amazing, just no bad), but the controls, the glitches, the bugs, the co-op!!!, how can this be released to the public!?!?!?!?, it doesn't matter if a game may have the best story or graphics in the world if everything else is broken!!! Expand
  51. Apr 25, 2013
    Soo many bugs in this game, graphics are decent but who the hell cares.. the game really is buggy and has some enjoyable moments but buggy as hell. If you can actually get past the first 30 minutes of gameplay without running into a single bug, then you just won the lottery..

Star Trek Video game devs are going out of their way to not answering any of the user questions and making their
    game APPEAR as if it's a great game.

- Star Trek devs going to sites like Metacritic and giving their game a high score
    - Lying on Steam forums that the Co-op works just fine, in the midst of people raging that it doesn't.
    - Not releasing a reviewer copy of this game until after the game is released, obviously shows that the devs know their game is and don't want anyone knowing that until they have already bought it.
  52. May 29, 2013
    Rule number 1:
    Never ever per-order a game based on anything popular
    Never purchase a game based on something popular without reviewing it.

It's getting a two as it's not loaded with errors, it just plain sucks.

Thankfully I tried it out for free and was very grateful for that opportunity
  53. Jun 25, 2013
    This game fails to perform in every possible way it should. It fails at the very basics of making a good game, taking a great concept and rolling it around in dirt and throwing it into a box and charging $40.

77 from PC MASTER? What a joke, the first line in their "review" states its a bad game and still they give it a 7.7. LOL
  54. Jul 28, 2013
    A shining example of how NOT to make a video game. The voice acting may be good, but the gameplay is crap, and so are the graphics. While there is some high production value here and there, ultimately, textures are low res, gameplay is wonky (with a cover system that utterly fails), and story is unoriginal. Also, co-op did not work for nearly a week on PC. At least it didn't have always-on DRM (I'm looking at you Diablo III and SimCity). Expand
  55. Aug 5, 2013
    The AI sucks. I thought it was a co-op game? Bugs everywhere and story line. Don't waste your 29.99$ on Steam even though some of them praise the game a lot. Be honest, the AI really sucks.
  56. Apr 25, 2013
    Stay clear away from this game. It is a scam, this is a co-op game but doesn't have co-op capabilities... the devs have been caught on steam forums praising the game. Somehow on release day they have 158hrs played and achievements going back to January. Google for yourself, Kenneth Lindenbaum busted for writing fake reviews on metacritic and steam pretending to be a user.
  57. Jun 8, 2013
    lol you have to fight walking lizard men need i say more ok i will this game makes my turds look good.The terrible ai the lack luster combat and the multitude of bugs makes for a very very poor game indeed.
  58. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is awfully bad, its so bad it makes me cry but the reason I set it so low is the shady business of the developers, fake accounts on metacritic and steam do not buy this game until the price is so low!
  59. Apr 25, 2013
    This sorry excuse for a game is so broken that it's nigh on unplayable, it's a crying shame to see so many games like this being broken on release. If you like bugs then go ahead and buy this turd of a game.
  60. May 14, 2013
    It is pretty clear to me that the only ones giving this game good reviews, must be working for the devs. Probably very, very far down the food chain. Perhaps someone who worked on textures, or marketing. Nobody in their right mind, or at least, with decent eye sight would call this good graphics. Nobody with ANY gaming experience, would call this a good game. It is riddled with crippling bugs, and one of the worst AI's ever.

Only redeeming feature, is the voice acting.
  61. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is a cheap Mass Effect copy, they didn`t even bothered to change the font and the UI style. The voice acting is horrible ,the lip sync is almost nonexistent and the animations are so bad that the characters snap in a predetermined location. This game is broken ugly and unresponsive.
  62. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is atrocious. It's a cash grab of the lowest caliber, and doesn't work online. The developers for this game are trying to inflate scores: do not listen to the inflated 10's. "Kenneth Lindenbaum", the senior producer for the game, is posting on steam forums pretending he's a user and all is good.

All of the devs for this game are scumbags, do not be fooled. The game is buggy
    and atrocious. Look up "Angry Joe" review star trek.

Glitches:
    -Giant models
    -Glitched models
    -Broken Online
    -Broken AI
    -Hundreds more
  63. Apr 25, 2013
    Lots of bugs, no working co-op.

Why do PR think we are idiots, boosting this game score makes the company name even look worse for future games.

Way to go lol.
  64. Apr 25, 2013
    Wound love to play the game but co-op keeps telling me that the server keeps losing connection. No other problem with any other online games. Probably broken. I'd stay away until it's fixed. At least the menus look nice.
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    DO NOT BUY BUY AT 50% off or more

Main features of this game are completely unavailable or unplayable (Co-op doesn't work at all) and while the visuals and such are pretty nice, if you like the 'new' Star Trek, the game itself is utterly disappointing. Decent voice acting paired with tedious missions and a LOT of repetition. Combat is extremely boring.

Barely worth it at half
    the price. Shameful job by developers and QA team. Expand
  66. Apr 26, 2013
    Ok first off Im just gonna say that this game is the biggest piece of utter garbage that I have played. I preordered the PC version for myself and bought the PS3 version for my girlfriend and it was the biggest waste of $100 EVER! After numerous attempts at trying to get co-op to work at launch and other crappy and annoying bugs, horrible and non-entertaining combat, and a half-assed attempt with the A.I for your teammate, this is just an utter joke of a game that is tarnishing a great series. Needless to say I was able to get my money back due to me knowing a few people and was able to return them. Expand
  67. May 13, 2013
    I am Star Trek fan and i liked this new movie. I didn't see the sequel yet. I knew, that most of theme movie lincenced games are crap, but i wanted this game to give it a try.

Positive: good funny voice acting and partly good story and thats about it.
    Negative: There are a lot and i mean a lot of bugs! Cover mechanics are dissapointing. I'm pressing buttons like stupid on time looking
    like a real retard when controls don't work. The teammate is so retarded that i wanna kill him a way befoure a mission starts. AI is horrible, staying in one place like stupid or it's killing you every time he wants so you must repeat like 10 times. AI and teammate mood depend on the weather or maybe on what time it is. Coop problems,...

My score: keep away from this game. If you are a Star Trek fan you will be heartbroken! Rather go see this sequel of Startrek named Into Darkness.
  68. Mar 17, 2014
    Technical issues: The Video Game

Pros:
    Lens Flares

Cons:
    Full of bugs and glitches
    Dull shooting
    Animations

Don't play it at all, even if someone gives it to you for free. Avoid it
  69. Apr 26, 2013
    BUYER BEWARE!!! This game is clearly not in working order, co-op simply does not work. No wonder they refused to send out review copies until AFTER the launch they knew what a mess this was. The shooter mechanics are poor, and feel flimsy, the UI of the enemies is ATROCIOUS! Good luck trying to control your allies, the UI is simply broken and you will not be able to order your allies around. The game animations are Awful, they seem to jerk around as if they have skipped animating some moves.

DO NOT BUY!
  70. Apr 28, 2013

The game can

71. Apr 25, 2013
    I am getting sick of day one fails. The game is a mess and the online component and co-op is completely broken. This is a total cash grab that taints the Star Trek name.
  72. Apr 24, 2013
    HAHAH this games a joke. Look at all these fake reviews to get the developers ratings up also tweeting it? HAHAH. No wonder why they didn't give out any review copies till weeks after release date LOL
  73. Apr 24, 2013
    Simple the co-op for PC does not work, so do not buy.Simple the co-op for PC does not work, so do not buy.
  74. Apr 25, 2013
    Pathetic.....absolutely unacceptable to release any game in this state. Single player is a buggy glitchy mess and the co-op is totally non-functional for all players at the time of this review. If you doubt me check Steams forums. DO NOT BUY!
  75. Apr 24, 2013
    This game is a hot mess. The voice acting doesn't make up for the uninspired combat, broken coop, and terrible A.I. controlling the teammate.

Are devs and PR people really trying to boost metacritic scores?
  76. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is the summary of all that is bad with the gaming industry. It's like a diarrea burrito with EA wrappings and Duke Nuken Forever salsa. Also, coop didnt work on the PC version. I hope that lying PofS director gets fired!
  77. Apr 25, 2013
    terrible game can't get co-op to work incredibly buggy, the PR lies and some of these metecritic reviews are written by the creators themselves. DO NOT BUY!
  78. Apr 27, 2013
    Honestly, I should have know there might be a chance of the game being a disaster considering the last two games that I played that were based off a tv or movie were horrible. This game seriously needs more polishing it just seem rushed with the bugs and glitches.
  79. Apr 29, 2013
    This game was garbage. It froze up on me in the first 5 minutes and has deleted my save more times than I can count. The game is broken broken broken broken. Do not support this garbage.
  80. Apr 25, 2013
    This release of this game makes EA's releases look smooth. The quality of this game makes the ME3 ending look well-planned and insightful. I was going to give this game a 1 for its bugs, glitches, broken co-op and but given how many fake accounts with ONE review have posted brief, vague, positive reviews on here, I have to give it a zero to counteract the fake reviews.Their lowest point one of their employees, Kenneth Lindenbaum, their senior producer and brand manager, trolled the Steam forums saying that the co-op worked for him and attempted to blame Steam. They also indirectly referred to users who gave low reviews as "trolls" on their Twitter account. Trolls, indeed, Kenneth. This level of corporate corruption and scarcely disguised propaganda is beyond brazen. Say goodbye to your integrity and credibility to customers, Namco/Paramount not like you had much to begin with. Expand
  81. May 6, 2013
  82. Apr 27, 2013
    The story is cool. The rest of the game stinks. The mechanics and AI are awful. Buttons don't work (dodge/cover) and your second toon gets lost all the time. This is the worst game I've played in a long time and I've been playing games for a long time. I hope the movie is better than this. Just bad. I can't believe I paid for this game. DO NOT PAY anymore than $20 for this title. Namco, stop trying to ruin the Trek universe. Expand
  83. Apr 25, 2013
    Horrible game and a very shady Business practice
    why make a co-op mode if it doesn't work at launch, I just don't know what they were thinking, this is almost a skam
  84. Apr 25, 2013
    It's been so long since I reviewed a game and gave it a higher score then 5... Bioshock Infinite was my last 9.... why are so many games so these days. This game... is borderline broken... invisbile ledges, you can walk through characters, invisible walls, coop is broken, the devs are trying to mask up this up using metacritic to boost their score amung other things.... holy... holy I can't stop laughing... I'm having trouble breathing so sorry for the misspelling but I'm laughing so hard as I write this... 0/10 because the Devloper team is abunch of idiots. Denying that COOP isn't broken and other crap. Movie based title game... what the hell did I expect... Gold? Expand
  85. Apr 26, 2013
    All fake accounts and developers rate the game 10 or 8 out of 10. Now if you rate your own game a 10 out of 10 just because you made it while no one else is able to play the co op and the game is just pure why even bother making it? I hope, from the ground of my heart, that Namco Bandai games goes bankrupt. Shame on all of you over at Bandai.
  86. Apr 25, 2013
    STOP STOP STOP STOP TRYING TO RUIN THE GAMING INDUSTRY!!!! This is the 4th game in the last 4 months I didn't pre-order thanks to the sorry state we've found the industry in where games simply don't work on launch. Another developer goes on to my 'DO NOT BUY' list, and a Canadian one which is even more sad. Digital Extremes is dead to me. Namco you better get your developers in line. Dark Souls 2 better be pc functional this time. Expand
  87. Apr 26, 2013
    Well done on this release and trying to hide problems

I hate that PR is trying to hide the issues
  88. Apr 25, 2013
    coop is broken

BOT AI is broken

game itself is broken so wtf we play??

And look at all these fake reviews, and i found one guy that said coop works and when i saw his profile he had played the game since january Wtf?? Is this the game creator?

Stay away from buying this game
  89. Apr 26, 2013
    trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash
  90. Apr 24, 2013
    This game is full of bugs, I don't understand how a company like namco can put out such shoddy games? I will think twice about buying in the future :0
  91. Apr 24, 2013
    Another game released with enough bugs to make you suspect, that you're playing an alpha build.
    On top of this the major sellpoint of the game, the co-op doesn't work at launch.
    According to the game developers it's a small problem that only a few people are experiencing, but so far i have not found a single person who got it working, except the game's senior producer posting on steam
    that it works fine. Expand
  92. Apr 25, 2013
    The game as of 25/04 is buggy as hell. The developer is conducting a shady PR campaign, denying that ALL of the users are having co-op problems and instead of owning their mistake they post messages with fake accounts on the steam user forums and here at metacritic. Please, for the sake of all gamers out there stay away from this game so the developers in the future know that releasing an unfinished product and charging a full price for it is unacceptable. Expand
  93. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is broken, coop doesn't work and the amount of bugs is just insane. Until they've fixed the major issues do not waste your money and time on this mess. The devs need to get their together.
  94. Apr 25, 2013
    this game is a bad joke. there are numerous ridiculous glitches and the coop mode does not work, too. don't buy this crap and don't fall for the fake reviews with high scores.

for god's sake: don't buy this game!
  95. Apr 25, 2013
    reminds me of War Z... and thats obviously not a good thing.. just watch angry joes video.. he tells you everything you need to know about it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB7r9m9vYNA
  96. Apr 25, 2013
    THIS should stand as a warning for the future: NEVER pre-order a game!

The actual product is so far away from what was promised... it's like you pre-ordered a Porsche and they delivered an AMC Pacer.

But what bothers me far more than the buggy final product is the extent that they've gone to try and cover it up. No early review copies (always a red-flag; movies that don't have review
    screenings are the same. It means they KNOW it's a stinker). And *FAKED* metacritic "User" reviews? That's too far.

We expected a game that had some bugs. Let's face it, it's a movie license. Those are never quality goods, but can still be fun. That's fine. But instead of owning up to the shortcomings, they Streisand it all out of proportion. They =could= have just said "Look, co-op doesn't work. Do you still want us to release it now, or keep working on it?" Forewarned, and most people would probably be fine with it.

But no. They lie. And cheat. They want to STEAL your hard-earned dollars and pretend everything is rosy. It is completely unacceptable!
  97. Apr 25, 2013
    The Devs/Publisher knew this game was a turd and thought they were being clever by not sending out review copies and posting up fake Metacritic reviews. It appears to have backfired, and hopefully this news will spread throughout the gaming world. This game is bad. The animations are really bad. The graphics are not great. The voice acting is okay. But most importantly it just has terrible gameplay and loads of bugs and non-functional co-op.

Don't buy this. Don't rent this. Send the people that made this hate mail for assuming that everyone is stupid
  98. Apr 25, 2013
    WarZ in space. From down right lying from the developers, to fake metacritic scores, this game is yet another example of bad business in the industry. Sad to see one of my favorite television show's name used on such a bad game made by bad businessmen.
  99. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is just horrible. How could something like this pass QA depart? Do your research and check out the youtube videos. Also check the Steam discussion page to see what current issues are affecting players, namely that the co-op doesn't work, at all. This game is just plain broken. Do not waste your money!

Shame on Namco Bandai for fake reviews on Metacritic (Why does almost all
    positive reviews are from brand new users with no other activity?) and for not sending out review copies prior to launch. I knew something was fishy when there wasn't any day one reviews. I quickly found out it was because Namco Bandai had something to hide. Expand
  100. Apr 25, 2013
    Star Trek, an IP that I love greatly, unfortunately has its name attached to this unplayable game. It's a co-op game where the co-op doesn't work. Oh and guess what? The people behind the game are trying to make everyone think everything is fine and dandy by having their employees act like the co-op is working. http://i.imgur.com/nOWzCWl.jpg provides one example.

**** this game. Nothing
    more needs to be said. Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Star Trek is a game with a lot of potential. None of which is being used. The game design is old, incomplete and riddled with bugs. The actors make a decent job and the co-op mode is alright but that is the only good things worth mentioning about this otherwise bland and forgettable tie-in to the movie.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A by-the-numbers cover shooter punctuated by mind-numbing hacking minigames and woeful space combat. [July 2013, p.92]
  3. Jun 13, 2013
    Star Trek isn't as bad as they say, although the game has more than it's share of problems. The story is nice, but the game itself is filled with stupidities. For a duo of trekkies this game offers ADHD thrill ride for a weekend. If Star Trek doesn't get your juices flowing, you better steer clear. [June 2013[