Star Trek: Elite Force II PC

7.6

1. DeepT.
    Aug 22, 2003
    What 50 or 60 hallo, it's Quake 3 Engine, respect for the Developer!!! Great!!!!
  2. FilipA.
    Jul 26, 2003
    IT ROX!!!
  3. Griper
    Mar 24, 2008
    I hate to say that this game made shooting stuff... boring. It starts off great... until you learn the game mechanics which equate to "Shoot the Node.", of course you could fight, but the borg "Adapt to your weapons" so... it's not that smart. I'll give the first level a thumbs up, but after that... it gets worse.
    *Random Klingon Fight Later*
    The game shows promise as a
    *Random Klingon Fight Later*
    The game shows promise as a shocker, but then quickly gets to "how many enemys can we spawn before you die" (More than that I'm afraid :P)... unfortunatly it quickly becomes obvious that the game is by no means a squad based shooter, infact, the game rarely keeps you and the squad together and they quickly become unimportant characters as the game progresses (they don't even DO anything later on).
    So it comes down to the shooting and a minorly interesting story... that quickly gets absurd... then becomes a wtf... and shooting wise, there's not much variety for most of the game.
    The game uses "Balanced Weapons", which basically means that sticking with your initial weapons is best, because the ammo the "heavy hitters" use is far too much and it's typically far easier to use the phaser for 1 or 2 kills (and save very precious ammo). Sigh, when it comes down to it, the biggest tire was the amount of enemies that needed to be killed with the little ammo you had. And let alone that the enemies you're killing are little "biomorphishthings", most of which are melee attackers in an FPS game (problem?), and most of the time they just keep spawning cause when AI is crap they have to compensate (forinstance, by making them rather fast and hard to hit [well, in great quantity]) sigh... get it for the far more interesting interludes, then sell it.
  4. Nov 21, 2014
    I have to say I was a little disappointed... I love the first one with a passion but there is something about this second one that seems a little off. While the graphics are a MAJOR improvement and nice to finally be able to use a tricorder, the cut scenes are unskippable (and there is minute long cut scene every time you start up the game) and you can't permanently set any controlsI have to say I was a little disappointed... I love the first one with a passion but there is something about this second one that seems a little off. While the graphics are a MAJOR improvement and nice to finally be able to use a tricorder, the cut scenes are unskippable (and there is minute long cut scene every time you start up the game) and you can't permanently set any controls whatsoever. I have a bunch of minor complaints but in the end if you liked the first one you will like this one. Expand

1. The combat can get a little mundane at times and some of the weapons seem truly outlandish by Star Trek standards, but the cinematic pacing, outstanding storyline, and addictive multiplayer modes should keep fans of the FPS genre and Star Trek alike happy as a Ferengi in a Latinum-plated bathtub.
  2. GMR Magazine
    Just make sure you tell people you didn't realize it was a Trek game, considering how cool it looks and fun it is to play. [Sept 2003, p.69]
    Front to back, with a few mind numbing gooey portions in the middle that should be spat into a napkin aside, EFII is a solid, fast, but always dumb action romp.