Star Trek: Legacy PC

4.0

1. JCD.
    Jan 5, 2007
    Only good if you like an arcade-style shoot em up set in space instead of a simulation type game. Graphics are good once you tweak config files.
  2. ThomasW.
    Feb 10, 2007
    Why does this have to be so dreadful, with a little more thought and time this could have been fantastic but instead it is insipid rubbish.
  3. RoyR.
    Dec 11, 2006
    They just copied the code from the XBox version, and put it on a PC formatted DVD. Why should I have to hold down a button and move my mouse to complete a task when I have over 100 keys?!? Space action shooters, should not be remanded to such ancient forms of control. But I guess that's what happens when you copy and paste.
  4. JoeBlow
    Dec 31, 2006
    Graphics are sub-par, gameplay is horrendous, it's full of bugs, and there is no way to redefine your controls, or even see what button does what! It's a joke of a console port, and not at all worth the $40 I shelled out for it. Should've read the reviews before buying it.
    Jul 9, 2009
    This game, despite it's little problems, is a blast to play. Anyone rating it lower than an 8 does not know a good one when they play one.
  6. AntS.
    Dec 21, 2006
    I love star trek. But playing this game is terrible. All you can really do to "the action" is make very small pushes and shoves, the rest of the time you are frustrated that it wont do what you want and you have no real idea whats going on. Poor indeed!
  7. Taliesyn
    Dec 23, 2006
    Graphics are outdated (and worse than present on the 360 version) and the controls are even worse. The reliance on using 2-5 keys at the same time is bad enough, but tack on requiring mouse input for certain commands to the issue of any mouse motion AT ALL disabling your camera lock, and you just have a serious control mess. The complete inablitity to remap the keyboard is a throwback to Graphics are outdated (and worse than present on the 360 version) and the controls are even worse. The reliance on using 2-5 keys at the same time is bad enough, but tack on requiring mouse input for certain commands to the issue of any mouse motion AT ALL disabling your camera lock, and you just have a serious control mess. The complete inablitity to remap the keyboard is a throwback to games of fifteen years ago. On top of this, graphics are poorly rendered and poorly optimized, resulting in horrible lag at the MENU screen. The only redeeming features are voiceovers from the original captains and the fact that the dogfights CAN be fun for the first couple hours. Expand
  8. AlexS.
    Jan 13, 2007
    Extremely poor game. Graphics are horrendous, coding is terribly unfinished, controls are totally whacked (and you're not able to remap the controls!) and the multiplayer is a joke. My system should have been able to fully handle this game, and the lag was so bad that it was unplayable... literally. This was the first game that I have ever returned, and should be nominated for the Extremely poor game. Graphics are horrendous, coding is terribly unfinished, controls are totally whacked (and you're not able to remap the controls!) and the multiplayer is a joke. My system should have been able to fully handle this game, and the lag was so bad that it was unplayable... literally. This was the first game that I have ever returned, and should be nominated for the worst game of 2006. Expand
  9. R.C.C.
    Dec 16, 2006
    As a left-hander, the default control scheme is completely useless - WASD mapping for movement - and since you cannot remap the keys, this game is completely unplayable. It's a slap in the face of the consumer to not allow them to remap the keys. Do not buy this game. Companies that don't care about the customer whatsoever (check the FAQ on their website, there is no way to As a left-hander, the default control scheme is completely useless - WASD mapping for movement - and since you cannot remap the keys, this game is completely unplayable. It's a slap in the face of the consumer to not allow them to remap the keys. Do not buy this game. Companies that don't care about the customer whatsoever (check the FAQ on their website, there is no way to change the mapping and they DO NOT CARE) do not deserve to be in business. Everyone involved with this game should be flipping burgers. Expand
  10. Tecova
    Dec 18, 2006
    Captain voiceovers are the only thing saving this from a 0 rating. This game is an absolute travesty.
  11. Apr 10, 2011
    This game is a con job. I've never given a 0 before, but this is outrageous and insulting to gamers everywhere. This game is ported from the 360, but NOTHING was adapted to the PC. The game is literally unplayable, no matter what, it lags intensely during game play and the controls are almost impossible to handle, especially since there is no remap.
  12. ChrisS.
    Feb 3, 2007
    I waited for ages for my local game shop to restock this game. Now I know why they wasn't in a hurry..ITS UNPLAYERBLE! Totally disappointed. Ever since Microsoft entered the console world PC games are getting terrible. Don't buy this game! My specs are... 3200+ AMD, 1024mb 400mhz ram, GF FX5900. And its unplayerble, 1 frame a second max, on low settings.
  13. Nov 12, 2014
    I had such high hopes for this game and was utterly stunned by how bad it was. Not just that it's a flawed or bad game, or has some bugs--it's completely unplayable! I spent a good 8 hours on the 360 trying to get through the story mode but it's like the developers didn't want me to enjoy it or even finish the game, like they went out of their way to make it as bad as possible--like spiteI had such high hopes for this game and was utterly stunned by how bad it was. Not just that it's a flawed or bad game, or has some bugs--it's completely unplayable! I spent a good 8 hours on the 360 trying to get through the story mode but it's like the developers didn't want me to enjoy it or even finish the game, like they went out of their way to make it as bad as possible--like spite against a publisher that didn't pay their contract or something. This absolutely deserves a 0/10 rating and I'm an old gamer/software developer, not just a whiner. Expand
  14. Apr 26, 2015
    Terrible Game shields to maximum! Shields down Captain! In all seriousness, an abominable game that should never be played by anybody. Awful controls, mediocre voice acting, a nonsense plot and just genuinely boring missions.

Despite its long, long list of lazy omissions it's still a game that Trek fans will enjoy -- if only for the voices, fire-photon-torpedoes ambiance, and graphical effects. They'll just have to grit their teeth while they do it.
  2. The game is challenging enough to make you play for a few hours, but it seems that some slip-ups in overall design have easily diminished all hopes of undertaking a highly immersive and profound space adventure. If it weren't for the technical mishaps and awkward gameplay mechanics, this game would've been a worthy addition to the Star Trek universe.
  3. This starship combat game simply can't overcome bad controls, frustrating mission designs, and a mess of bugs.