2.3

1. Jan 23, 2014
    This video game was so great it felt like it was stealing my virginity. Playing through the levels gave me constant waves of orgasms. Kirk and Spock's voice acting was so great it pierced my rectum. I wish i could give it a higher score.
  2. May 26, 2013
    I am not really sure where all the negative reviews are coming from. Apparently a game deserves a 0 if a feature isn't functional at release. Just because the Co-Op was messed up initially, does not mean the game is completely useless or crap.

As a Star Trek fan, I give the game an 8. I can see it having a somewhat lower rating if you are new to the series or have no nostalgia for the universe.

Pros: The voice acting is good, at least of the two main characters. The dynamic with Kirk, Spock, and Bones has some humourous moments. The textures are really good, with the Enterprise interior looking great. There is a nice range of weapons to choose from. Interesting tricorder scanning mode that adds a collectible element to the game. Many portions of missions offer a non-lethal option to try and fulfill, which can be challenging at times. Tie-in with the second movie.

Cons: Weapon and tricorder upgrades could have been expanded, possibly with different upgrades depending on weapon type. Game could have been longer. The AI of the enemy is a little weak, at least when it comes to hiding and ambushing you (You can normally shoot an enemy trying to hide because his butt sticks out of the obstacle it is using to hide). The AI of your partner could have been better, but he does the job more or less.

Honestly, I did not experience any of the bugs people have been talking about on here, nor did I care about Co-Op working. The game is decent to good, not garbage or crap like the vast majority of people here state. Granted, with the price tag, they could have fleshed out the game more, but hey, game so often get released incomplete or lacking.
  3. May 1, 2013
    I hate to deviate from the overwhelming majority, but I played the game in the single player mode (Kirk) and I loved it. There was plenty of action, a typical Star Trek plot, and a good choice of weapons--although they were weak ones. It is one of the few $50 games I have played this year that I feel is worth the price.
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    Absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous these negative scores and judgements. It's a Star Trek themed game. Yes and a shooter too because they did that in Star Trek. Beaming up and down, phasers, scanning etc all the things that are unique to Star Trek. Voice acting is excellent and graphics very good like in Mass Effect 3. I love the sound effects and special effects of the weapons. TheAbsolutely ludicrous and ridiculous these negative scores and judgements. It's a Star Trek themed game. Yes and a shooter too because they did that in Star Trek. Beaming up and down, phasers, scanning etc all the things that are unique to Star Trek. Voice acting is excellent and graphics very good like in Mass Effect 3. I love the sound effects and special effects of the weapons. The ladies perfect.

I've found it difficult to put down and played a few hours. On my Asus Vulcan headphones with a top end pc and video card this game is no different in quality to Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 or Tombraider all which I have played for days. It's Star Trek. I love Star Trek so I love this game more but because they've done a lot of things RIGHT!! I'm playing on Windows 8 no problems or bugs.

The atmosphere and story are great. I'm really enjoying it and I can't play more because its 2 am now and I have to sleep. That's how good it is. This is NOT and never will be Call of Duty or Far Cry as it is based on an entirely different theme.

I laugh when I see zeros. My guess is that those who are writing these negative reviews are a tiny percentage who had problems with co-op which I never had. I bet a large number of players, the majority are playing and love this but just never write reviews. I'm one of them and I love this game and I love quality games and wouldn't go near this if it wasn't quality. My favourite game is the new Tomb Raider followed by Far Cry 3 so I'm not stupid. I know a good quality game because I play them all the time and this is a great game. Assassins Creed 3 another great game. Skyrim another great game. I know my games and this is a very good game NOT the rubbish people are trying to portray it as. I'm an avid gamer and I'm really enjoying this. Reminds me of one of my favourited Mass Effect 3.

And I bet there are many, many more people that never come here that love this and would give it a 9 or 10.
  5. Apr 23, 2013
    I was very surprised at the quality of this game. Very fun with a good storyline and great voice acting. Most movie to game titles can not stand up like this one does.
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    Surprisingly solid game. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much when I jumped in, but I ended up really liking it. It captures the feel of the source material really well. Voice work is well-done. Graphics are okay to good. Combat mechanics are pretty average. All-in-all, not a bad game at all. An easy recommendation from me for anyone that likes Star Trek.
  7. May 2, 2013
    This game is much more valid than the Critic or User review you read. Indeed, when it launched it was bugged. You couldn't play COOP (and for a CoOp game that's a very severe issue) and you got some bugs. That sprung extremely bad reviews and it sorta deserved that since you couldn't play it the right way. But three days after launch, they released a patch that fixed CoOp and the bugs itThis game is much more valid than the Critic or User review you read. Indeed, when it launched it was bugged. You couldn't play COOP (and for a CoOp game that's a very severe issue) and you got some bugs. That sprung extremely bad reviews and it sorta deserved that since you couldn't play it the right way. But three days after launch, they released a patch that fixed CoOp and the bugs it had. I have played the full game, in coop (so no dumb IA involved) and I can say this: It's a very nice game, nice graphics (on the PC), no bugs (I have encountered none in my full playthrough) and fun experience. The production value is rather high (sountrack from the movie, good graphics and effects, good models, overall good textures, dubbing from the original actors, nice story and great dialogs) and the game itself is fun to play and even more if you like the source material (J.J. Abrams' Star Trek). The reviews are unfair. The correct score, in my opinion, is a 7 or 7.5 for a non fan and 8 or 8.5 for a fan. Try to play it cooperatively only (with a friend, using voice communication) and you'll enjoy it. Expand
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    I enjoyed this game. I am not sure why all the negative reviews. It has a decent story line and simple but fun game play. Maybe most of these people don't like Star Trek
  9. May 3, 2013
    I liked this game, simple and functional, very fun to play and see for yourself, AI is good, no bugs until now, graphics very good, I'm very satisfied
  10. May 6, 2013
    A wonderful Trek game. It gives you the sense of actually being in a tie-in movie, and sports the banter of the original series characters. The gameplay is fun and very similar to how it plays out in the 2009 movie, and the whole game is executed in the same way. For those looking for a more "Original Trek" feeling, you can try to take on the Commendation objectives, which are moreA wonderful Trek game. It gives you the sense of actually being in a tie-in movie, and sports the banter of the original series characters. The gameplay is fun and very similar to how it plays out in the 2009 movie, and the whole game is executed in the same way. For those looking for a more "Original Trek" feeling, you can try to take on the Commendation objectives, which are more challenging and rewarding, and require you to take care of objectives more diplomatically. The graphics hold up even under close scrutiny and fast paced action, though require a stronger system than average. They may not be groundbreaking, but they are definitely up to date and good looking. The multi player adds a layer of fun as well, and promotes a lot of teamwork.
    The majority of complaints about the game happen to be centered on the fact that AS SOON as the game came out, there was a Steam server problem. The error was corrected within three days, but that didn't stop anyone from coming here to write awful reviews, in an attempt to make the developers fix it faster (even though it wasn't completely the developers fault). The outrageous reviews have given it a bad name, when it is a thoroughly enjoyable game. I was part of a forum where I saw the members decide to make several accounts here, just to talk bad about the game, in their attempts to get the developers to fix the multi player servers faster. It has forever stained the review score here and was unnecessary. In the end the multi player was quickly fixed and the game is great. Star Trek fan? Buy it.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    I also don't see why people are giving this game a zero or 1. Its not a 9 or 10 either, it could of been spectacular if not rushed to meet the movie deadline. I would rate it "Worth Playing" if you can get it on a deal. The voice acting is really great. Pine and Quinto did a good job and it was enjoyable to play. The combat wasn't perfect but I did enjoy this game and I played itI also don't see why people are giving this game a zero or 1. Its not a 9 or 10 either, it could of been spectacular if not rushed to meet the movie deadline. I would rate it "Worth Playing" if you can get it on a deal. The voice acting is really great. Pine and Quinto did a good job and it was enjoyable to play. The combat wasn't perfect but I did enjoy this game and I played it all the way through. If a game boring, doesn't hold my interest, or its a crap game I don't finish it, I finished this one. Expand
  12. Jan 23, 2014
    This game too gud for review, it was best gameing experiance i evar had. Spock was so hot all the way throu the whole gam. Same with Captain Kirk. I likd how the AI could go throu peeple and stuf. Can't wait for sequel

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Star Trek is a game with a lot of potential. None of which is being used. The game design is old, incomplete and riddled with bugs. The actors make a decent job and the co-op mode is alright but that is the only good things worth mentioning about this otherwise bland and forgettable tie-in to the movie.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A by-the-numbers cover shooter punctuated by mind-numbing hacking minigames and woeful space combat. [July 2013, p.92]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 13, 2013
    Star Trek isn't as bad as they say, although the game has more than it's share of problems. The story is nice, but the game itself is filled with stupidities. For a duo of trekkies this game offers ADHD thrill ride for a weekend. If Star Trek doesn't get your juices flowing, you better steer clear. [June 2013[