2.2

1. Apr 25, 2013
    CO-OP is totally broken, graphics are pretty lame with bad textures on maximum settings, control glitches all over the place, contrived and poorly balanced quicktime gameplay... avoid this like the plague.
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    All fake accounts and developers rate the game 10 or 8 out of 10. Now if you rate your own game a 10 out of 10 just because you made it while no one else is able to play the co op and the game is just pure why even bother making it? I hope, from the ground of my heart, that Namco Bandai games goes bankrupt. Shame on all of you over at Bandai.
  3. May 3, 2013
    Boring story, stupid enemies that try to hide behind cover while their heads and tails stick out, most of the upgrades and weapons are useless. I heard the game has a lot of bugs and AI companion gets stuck, well the only real bug I have encountered is with the way point getting hung, had to pass it twice to get it to update also I had no mayor problem with the companion AI (he did get stuck twice so I had to issue a captains order to get him to move). All in all the game is just a poorly made platformer/TPS. Expand
  4. Jan 18, 2014
    This is a movie game so I guess I should have expected this to be a piece of **** but it wasn't so bad, I mean the co-op was nonfunctional at release, and even now it's not that good, the story is lame, and pointless, and it has a ton of bugs, but the voice acting from the cast of the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies is good, but not worth the price of admition.
  5. Apr 25, 2013
    I'm so appalled by this I'm finding it difficult to write a proper review. Over the shoulder, cover based, shooter means this game equals Gears of Trek except for the fact that the shooting mechanics are absolutely atrocious and the A.I. is possibly some of the dumbest seen since Aliens Colonial Marines (ok, maybe not THAT bad but close). I've read lots of people trying to compare the game to Mass Effect. I suppose that comparison would be valid except, unlike Mass Effect, this game lacks a compelling narrative, character dialog, deep environment interactions, and RPG elements.

The story, so far, has been trite. Nothing more than a poor excuse to push players along to each scripted area of waist high walls and explosions. The cover mechanics are nearly as broken as the shooting mechanics and while the non-lethal takedowns are a great addition, most players will just forget about them and kill everything.

Graphically, the fact that this is a shoddy port of the console versions is clear from the start. The graphics themselves look decidedly dated even at high resolutions. The rendering of Chris Pine as Kirk is decent but Zachary Quinto as Spock? Let's just say the game's rendition of Spock looks as though he is a Vulcan with Down's Syndrome. Meanwhile, textures glitch out and low resolution textures are covered by bloom. Gameplay bugs are all over the place abound while coop (a major selling point) is broken. The fact that the devs themselves have been caught trying to inflate the score should be quite telling.

This is a far, far cry from Roddenberry's Star Trek, which, despite its cheesiness, always had an undercurrent of moral and/or philosophical discussion. This, much like J.J. Abrams' reboot, is just a bombastic show of special effects that doesn't even try to engage the viewer/player. I'm sad I wasted my time with this title.
  6. May 1, 2013
    I hate to deviate from the overwhelming majority, but I played the game in the single player mode (Kirk) and I loved it. There was plenty of action, a typical Star Trek plot, and a good choice of weapons--although they were weak ones. It is one of the few $50 games I have played this year that I feel is worth the price.
  7. Aug 2, 2013
    Mamy świetne gry o Star Warsie, mamy Mass Effecta, oczywiście brakuje tutaj tylko porządnej gry ze świata Star Treka. Jak w każdym przypadku, jak i tutaj, nie udało się po prostu wsadzić znaną markę do słabej gry i osiągnąć sukces.Co prawda grafika i fabuła, W MIARĘ dają radę, to już samo AI, bugi, niedopracowania, nudna kampania, głupie mini gierki i niewykorzystany potencjał klimatu Star Treka całkowicie niszczą tą grę. Muszę się przyznać. że bardzo chciałem aby coś z tej gry wyszło, oczekiwałem nareszcie dobrej gry powiązanej ze światem Star Treka, jednak ponownie, przeliczyłem się. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  8. Aug 27, 2013
    We finished this game cooperatively on stream. We don't want to touch this game again so... the game had it's glitches. It was alright but as much time as this game had in Production. These game glitches are inexcusable.
  9. May 6, 2013
    This game was garbage. It froze up on me in the first 5 minutes and has deleted my save more times than I can count. The game is broken broken broken broken. Do not support this garbage.
  10. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was so close to be a great game, great experience. Unfortunately it stopped in the middle of the way. Great VA, great soundtrack, amazing sceneries, good combat but on the other hand, dull graphics, so many glitches, bugs. Star Trek fan will enjoy it but for other ppl, its just an average game, if given time, it could be a lot better.
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    BUYER BEWARE!!! This game is clearly not in working order, co-op simply does not work. No wonder they refused to send out review copies until AFTER the launch they knew what a mess this was. The shooter mechanics are poor, and feel flimsy, the UI of the enemies is ATROCIOUS! Good luck trying to control your allies, the UI is simply broken and you will not be able to order your allies around. The game animations are Awful, they seem to jerk around as if they have skipped animating some moves.

DO NOT BUY!
  12. May 14, 2013
    It is pretty clear to me that the only ones giving this game good reviews, must be working for the devs. Probably very, very far down the food chain. Perhaps someone who worked on textures, or marketing. Nobody in their right mind, or at least, with decent eye sight would call this good graphics. Nobody with ANY gaming experience, would call this a good game. It is riddled with crippling bugs, and one of the worst AI's ever.

Only redeeming feature, is the voice acting.
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    I am getting sick of day one fails. The game is a mess and the online component and co-op is completely broken. This is a total cash grab that taints the Star Trek name.
  14. May 3, 2013
    Like most movie/TV franchise cash-ins, this is terrible. Go watch the actual Star Trek series instead of playing through this dreck. 2/10 bacon pancakes.
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is awfully bad, its so bad it makes me cry but the reason I set it so low is the shady business of the developers, fake accounts on metacritic and steam do not buy this game until the price is so low!
  16. Apr 29, 2013
  17. Apr 25, 2013
    This release of this game makes EA's releases look smooth. The quality of this game makes the ME3 ending look well-planned and insightful. I was going to give this game a 1 for its bugs, glitches, broken co-op and but given how many fake accounts with ONE review have posted brief, vague, positive reviews on here, I have to give it a zero to counteract the fake reviews.Their lowest point one of their employees, Kenneth Lindenbaum, their senior producer and brand manager, trolled the Steam forums saying that the co-op worked for him and attempted to blame Steam. They also indirectly referred to users who gave low reviews as "trolls" on their Twitter account. Trolls, indeed, Kenneth. This level of corporate corruption and scarcely disguised propaganda is beyond brazen. Say goodbye to your integrity and credibility to customers, Namco/Paramount not like you had much to begin with. Expand
  18. Apr 25, 2013
    What a mess! First impression is that you're playing a game from 2008. Sure, the actual models are OK, specially Spock and Kirk that looks the business, but the textures, FX and animation are rubbish. With V-sync off, the game was running at over two hundred frames per second! This is not because the game is well optimised, it's because the graphics are so basic. Not only am I disappointed that they didn't use DX11 features for the PC version, but they didn't even take advantage of DX9. Doom 3 had flashier visuals than this!

The game is also full of glitches like the ability to walk through people, buttons which don't work but then they mysteriously do and the AI simply loses it half the time and starts going around in circles as if chasing its own tail. It's actually quite funny!

The story is neither here or there but the execution can sometimes be jarring. A good example of this (no spoilers) was when the crew of a space station gets sucked into space, killing all of them, and none of the main characters seem to care or even notice. Instead, we are presented with a cut scene where we learn that Kirk would like to get into the hot Vulcan girl's pants. That's a way to deal with watching people die.

The combat is cover based, so no surprises there. It is quite easy but then it gets to one of the first game bosses where it suddenly becomes far too difficult because of the cheap attacks. After that, it's back to laid back game play.

As a conclusion, this is a bad, bad game. It doesn't help that it's a rushed port with all the console stuff still there. Avoid.
  19. Aug 17, 2013
    Well.... this game was different.... it felt like I was helping a intellectually disabled person progress to the next objective. Really it felt like the game was only half finished. Some parts were okay... but it's still honestly a let down. I don't understand how this game even left the studio? I think some people did favours to get this one through. Anyway, play if you MUST though spok doesn't like you in this game. Expand
  20. May 4, 2013
    To be honest i wasn't expecting much from a movie licensed game but i have to admit this is not the worst movie licensed game i have ever played but also this games suffers from the countless number of bugs and glitches at least on the PC version. There isn't really that much to say, gameplay is not really good, graphics are outdated, story...(if you know what i mean) and overall it is a shallow experience. If you are a hardcore Star Trek fan and you don't want to miss out anything, don't buy it, rent it because the game is not worth $60. Expand
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    Fun for about an hour, then it all goes downhill. I thought I was going to be pleasantly surprised. The beginning of the game is well done. The pacing is alright, the graphics are decent and the environments are not boring. Then the rest of the game shows up. Let me put it like this: if you like shooting repetitive enemies in a boring, brown corridor, this is your game. Oh wait, no one likes that. It's like they had some neat ideas and then just gave up. Such a shame. Expand
  22. Apr 24, 2013
    Simple the co-op for PC does not work, so do not buy.Simple the co-op for PC does not work, so do not buy.
  23. Apr 25, 2013
    Pathetic.....absolutely unacceptable to release any game in this state. Single player is a buggy glitchy mess and the co-op is totally non-functional for all players at the time of this review. If you doubt me check Steams forums. DO NOT BUY!
  24. Jun 20, 2013
    The voice acting was the best thing about this game. Many of the other parts were buggy and underwhelming. As a movie game, I didn't expect a whole lot. I don't recommend this game to anyone, even star trek fans.
  25. Apr 25, 2013
    It's been so long since I reviewed a game and gave it a higher score then 5... Bioshock Infinite was my last 9.... why are so many games so these days. This game... is borderline broken... invisbile ledges, you can walk through characters, invisible walls, coop is broken, the devs are trying to mask up this up using metacritic to boost their score amung other things.... holy... holy I can't stop laughing... I'm having trouble breathing so sorry for the misspelling but I'm laughing so hard as I write this... 0/10 because the Devloper team is abunch of idiots. Denying that COOP isn't broken and other crap. Movie based title game... what the hell did I expect... Gold? Expand
  26. Apr 25, 2013
    I am changing my review from 6 to a 2! I only played a couple of levels and it didn't seem to bad, but now I have spent more time with it; I hate it with a passion! there is game breaking bugs, completely dumb A.I (I told kirk to go somewhere and he just ran against a wall until I reset checkpoint) boring hacking and rubbish story!
  27. Mar 17, 2014
    Technical issues: The Video Game

Pros:
    Lens Flares

Cons:
    Full of bugs and glitches
    Dull shooting
    Animations

Don't play it at all, even if someone gives it to you for free. Avoid it
  28. Apr 28, 2013
    The shooting controls are awful. Shooting anything at close range is near impossible because you wind up shooting behind the target that's right in front of you. Wonky perspective.

The cover mechanics only work when they want to. I keep wishing they had been able to copy the Mass Effect controls and cover mechanic, but this feels like a really cheap imitation of that.

The game can
    devolve into a cluster**** when you're in combat shooting and being shot at (while wrestling with the controls), trying to listen to someone give you critical information while everything is exploding, and there are prompts telling you new interactions all at the same time. Often times, one of those things will be missed and you'll die. One time it got to the point where the best way to advance was to just run head first into danger and get to the other side before I died instead of listening to the hints/prompts.

Overall, this game is good at times, but not often enough. It goes from slightly fun to immensely frustrating like a never-ending rollercoaster. Absolutely not worth full retail price.
  29. Apr 24, 2013
    This game is a hot mess. The voice acting doesn't make up for the uninspired combat, broken coop, and terrible A.I. controlling the teammate.

Are devs and PR people really trying to boost metacritic scores?
  30. Apr 29, 2013
    Well I must say I am surprised by the number of problems people are having. I have not seen any bug so far. No huge Spock, no Spock running to the wall, no character hanging on invisible walls. And as I do not give a damn about MP and coop I do not care if it is working or not. Maybe I am lucky. Or maybe some players are unlucky. Who knows.
    Now to the game. It is exactly what I expected
    to be. An action game set in the restarted ST universe with characters voiceacted by film actors. Nothing more nothing less. It is accompanied by an interesting story and a decent graphics. I actually like the graphics. At least it has sharp textures and no low resolution ugly ones as ME3 does. And for me it even plays better than ME. Hell you can not even jump in ME, not to mention climb or swim. And your companions are there only as a cannonfodder. Here you can at least ask your teammate to do something. Oh and have I mentioned the space battle minigame? I have read many people who dislike it. I for one found it o.k. Especially the strategy mode, where you select enemy weakspots and then attack with all you have. Again, how many space battles have you seen in ME? Right, there are none.
    So all in all it is a decent game. It could be better, but it could be worse, but I am having fun and that is what matters, The only problem I have is the price. It is simply too overpriced. Wait till the price drops to half or when the game is in a Steam sale for even lower price.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Star Trek is a game with a lot of potential. None of which is being used. The game design is old, incomplete and riddled with bugs. The actors make a decent job and the co-op mode is alright but that is the only good things worth mentioning about this otherwise bland and forgettable tie-in to the movie.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A by-the-numbers cover shooter punctuated by mind-numbing hacking minigames and woeful space combat. [July 2013, p.92]
  3. Jun 13, 2013
    Star Trek isn't as bad as they say, although the game has more than it's share of problems. The story is nice, but the game itself is filled with stupidities. For a duo of trekkies this game offers ADHD thrill ride for a weekend. If Star Trek doesn't get your juices flowing, you better steer clear. [June 2013[