Star Wars Battlefront PC

Audio:10/10
    Star Wars Theme: 10/10
    Gameplay: 1/10
    Replayability: 1/10

I wish I would have noticed the 24 hour refund policy on EA games before it was too late. Now I have extreme buyer's remorse. This game is just awful. It has about as gameplay depth and replayability as Pac Man.
  2. Nov 18, 2015
    All Swagger, No Substance.

Very pretty game, but lacks almost everything that would make it a Star Wars Battlefront 3. 4 maps, no space battles, no player progression.
  3. Nov 18, 2015
    This will be another negative review but I want to give my view that is different from others. I preordered the game and have since refunded it, and I played a lot of the beta. Yes, a singleplayer campaign would be cool but I don't think that is the main issue with the game at all. The game itself is where it falls short.

The gunplay needs much more depth. It's just too simple. The only

The gunplay needs much more depth. It's just too simple. The only modifiers to the guns effectiveness is reduced damage at range, to the point where if you want to to long or even medium range shooting you have to use the sniper cards. At close range most guns will kill in a few hits, at longer ranges head shots will do around 10% HP.

I don't know why this is.

The other main issue I have with it is the random spawns. This game is called Battlefront, but there is no actual battle front if you know what I mean. You can clear an area only to have the enemy team randomly spawn behind you and the whole thing ends up feeling very spy-vs-spy.

I really hate the direction they chose with picking up powerups off the ground. The vehicle controls are abhorrent. Strangely it seems like the targetting reticle is not actually zero'd at certain angles/ranges for nearly every vehicle. In turrets, the AT-ST, or AT-AT I would sometimes have to put the reticle well above an enemy's model to actually hit them close up or at some angles.

I am generally pretty above average at the games I play, and my Origin profile gave me a 3.24 KDR on Battlefront before I refunded, but the game still felt very much like a spawn-and-die affair. Even with the quickly regenerating health, your shelf-life as a trooper seems like it's always going to be pretty damn short. It just feels like a McDonalds kind of gaming experience. There just doesn't seem like a lot of room for tactics and strategy, like the game was designed to keep the skill ceiling low to the floor.

I think it's fine to appeal to casuals but I believe every successful MP game needs to be competitive to have any longevity. Why couldn't we have the current battlefront in a casual mode and then a hardcore mode with more in-depth mechanics to appeal to the competitive crowd? It's not for lack of interest, the most popular games are always competitive and e-sport like. Even if you don't like competitive MP you can't deny that.

Even with its current simplified mechanics, if vehicles spawned on the ground, powerups removed, classes introduced into the game and the spawn system completely revamped to eliminate the spy-vs-spy spawning, supremacy and walker assault would be far superior.

The other modes are extremely lacking though. Most of them are way too similar to offer any real value. Heroes vs Villains could have been cool, but in my opinion why is half the team made up of essentially fodder for the heroes? It's like playing that mode you have to take turns on having fun at all. You can't just play a hero. A whole new meta game could have came out of this mode but it the effort was a pretty big fumble. There is a lot of potential to make the heros have a lot of depth and a hero vs villains mode being very fun to play, perhaps even something along the lines of a MOBA, but it falls really short. The saber mechanics are pitiful and pretty much just end in one saber hero trying to stun-lock the other through spamming. The gunning heros are far better though and Boba Fett is really fun to play. Dice could have really expanded on this but again missed the boat.

So to sum it up, this game should have been designed both around the competitive multiplayer and casual crowd instead of just a theme-park Star Wars shooter that gets old in a few hours. This game is salvagable in my opinion with a large patch that could revamp the controls, spawns, vehicles, weapon attributes, etc - but we all know that will never happen.

So what we're left with is a lot of really pretty Star Wars assets that will probably end up in another game at some point. Maybe then us detractors will get something we want to play.

This game is one giant missed opportunity. Dice threw in some pretty graphics, skinner box mechanics, and a little social engineering in the hopes of crafting EA a new money tree with the Star Wars name. That's all this is.
  4. Nov 21, 2015
    Great graphics and looks, but unfortunatley thats where it stops. Gameplay is tedious and boring after 10 hours. Feels like COD:STAR WARS. DICE and EA have failed the star wars fans. The game feels as if DICE lack any skill and imagination in game play modes. With 40 players the maps are far too small and it becomes a giant cluster **** of players. This is a kids run and gun. HighlyGreat graphics and looks, but unfortunatley thats where it stops. Gameplay is tedious and boring after 10 hours. Feels like COD:STAR WARS. DICE and EA have failed the star wars fans. The game feels as if DICE lack any skill and imagination in game play modes. With 40 players the maps are far too small and it becomes a giant cluster **** of players. This is a kids run and gun. Highly recommend you save your money and buy something else.. Just gutted I can't get a refund. Expand
  5. Nov 22, 2015
    I will give it half a point for graphics, and half a point for sound. Pretty game with familiar Star Wars sounds and music. The rest of the game is garbage. Wish I would have purchased it on Origin so I could get a refund.
  6. Nov 19, 2015
    The quandry you experience after playing this game for an hour goes like; 'i love star wars but there's something missing'...oh yeah 'stuff'.

Another thing i hate is making analogies but it's so appropiate here in this case. The titles,sound,gfx are like a well thought out efficient 3.8 twin turbo engine. But then they went and put it into a lazy pew pew shell and then god forbid,

The titles,sound,gfx are like a well thought out efficient 3.8 twin turbo engine. But then they went and put it into a lazy pew pew shell and then god forbid, if you're happy with the performance and how the shell looks give us another $50.

If you bought this and hate it but don't get a refund then you're part of the problem
  7. Dec 13, 2015
    Uninspired, boring, repetitive.. must I continue? Star Wars Battlefront has some of the worst gameplay mechanics out of any AAA shooter I have ever played. Under its stunning visuals and great audio, lies a terrible game. Nowhere near worth $60.
  8. Nov 20, 2015
    This is a Star Wars game for fans, that's it. It shoves Star Wars into your face and won't let you forget it. They worked lines from the movie into other characters' dialogue to the point where it sounds like the people in the game saw Star Wars recently and are reciting lines to each other like an inside joke, while fighting Star Wars battles. "We've captured the point. ALL TOO EASY!" HanThis is a Star Wars game for fans, that's it. It shoves Star Wars into your face and won't let you forget it. They worked lines from the movie into other characters' dialogue to the point where it sounds like the people in the game saw Star Wars recently and are reciting lines to each other like an inside joke, while fighting Star Wars battles. "We've captured the point. ALL TOO EASY!" Han Solo recites lines we've heard in a dozen other games, but only heard once in the movies. The game wasn't written to fit in within the SW movies, it was assembled verbatim from them. Worse, it was assembled from the Star Wars movies we've seen a hundred times. Conveniently rushed to shelves in time to see a new one hit theaters in a few weeks, but we don't see any of that one here.

The problem is that if you were to strip away the Star Wars theme from these battles and reskin it with pretty much anything else, the game is not good. Sure, it feels like the originals, but they're a decade old. There's no excuse for this game to be the least bit shallow in terms of content, but there it is. You're running around looking for glowing tokens like Crash Bandicoot looking for fruit.

It comes down to people who are happy with what we were handed here, and the people who see what this could have been. It could have expanded on things like Jedi Knight or KOTOR, could have had gameplay options and freedom like the Arkham games did for Batman (tell me using the grapple hoist line Luke used to grenade the AT-AT, but free to use anywhere creatively wouldn't have been amazing) but instead we got the standard EA movie tie-in treatment.
  9. Nov 19, 2015
    1. No campaign (Some dumb "missions" that last up to 15 minutes without any story or anything)

2. Ridicolous price for base game with content they offer (4 planets ~ 12 maps) for 60$, or 70$ for Deluxe edition which gives you 2 emotes and 2 Early weapon unlocks (Yes, that's 10$ for 2 emotes ONLY) 3. Ridicolous price for Season Pass (4 new game-modes, 4 new heroes, 16 new maps) for

3. Ridicolous price for Season Pass (4 new game-modes, 4 new heroes, 16 new maps) for ONLY 50$.

4. No server browser, no pre-made squads (only you and one RANDOM person)

5. Base game lacks content... You want TRUE star wars experience? Pay 120$ so you can enjoy all the stuff that should be in-game at release day, oh and due to lack of content atm. game becomes boring really quickly.

6. No space battles, or galactic conquest (which was one of the CORE features in previous games)

7. No previous ERA's in-game (Clone wars...)

TL;DR

Don't buy, or wait till all DLC's are released and buy this game at low price.
  10. Nov 18, 2015
    I wanted to like this game. I really did.

Pro: Graphics are beautiful. Sound is great Great optimization for PC Con: Gun play is weak. Have a gun meant for long range and someone gets moderately close to you? Better just hang it up. They will win 90% of the time. Range damage drop offs (too close and too far away) are so extreme that its frustrating. 1000x grenades. Everywhere.
    I wanted to like this game. I really did.

Pro:
    Graphics are beautiful.
    Sound is great
    Great optimization for PC

Con:
    1000x grenades. Everywhere. Constantly. Grenades. How many red icons can you dodge.
    SPAWN. So many spawn deaths. Why can't games figure this out? I spawned sever times directly in front of shooting enemies (within melee range).

I played about 6 hours. That's how long a game with great graphics and poor game play will keep me happy.

I returned it, unfortunately.
  11. Nov 19, 2015
    The graphic is nice but thats the only thing that is good about the new battlefront. If you buy the deluxe edition you deal more damage with the ion grenade WTF?!?! really EA?
    Its just pay to win! Its like you play cs:go and the ak deals more damage if you buy the deluxe edition of cs:go?!
  12. Nov 21, 2015
    Great Star Wars feeling, but... Where is second part of my game? This is it? WTF?! Oh, yea... IN FCKIN DLC. Everyone who buy season pass is fckin idiot. U lick EA ass.
  13. Nov 19, 2015
    this isn't battlefront no instant action no galactic conquest only 4 maps on bigger battles GO TO HELL EA and DICE too (unbelievable that the freeradical cancelled version was better)
  14. Nov 17, 2015
    First, allow me to address the positives here. Or positive, rather:

-The game is absolutely stunning visually and in sound design. The rest is unfortunately mediocre at best. Let's start with the obvious in that there is no single player campaign or Galactic Conquest, and prequel content is made to sit on the sidelines this time. This means that genuinely cool planets and heroes
    First, allow me to address the positives here. Or positive, rather:

-The game is absolutely stunning visually and in sound design.

The rest is unfortunately mediocre at best. Let's start with the obvious in that there is no single player campaign or Galactic Conquest, and prequel content is made to sit on the sidelines this time. This means that genuinely cool planets and heroes can't be included because DICE and EA have either limited themselves or been limited by Disney.

Gunplay is bland, with little to no recoil. Vehicles are clunky and hard to control on some maps (of which there are disappointingly few), and there are only three heroes per faction. Overall, I am disappointed by this game.

One last thing I forgot was that it was promised there would be no DLC, and then now there's a 50 dollar Season Pass. Knocking a couple points off for that one.
  15. Nov 18, 2015
    "EA Greed Strikes Back" should be the title of this disasterpiece. Yes, the graphics are incredible - hence the "1" score. The 9 other missing points are for the lack of fun, content, and the incessant over-charging EA continues to get away with.
  16. Nov 17, 2015
    Tremendously disappointed with the lack of content. Diving in i quickly saw that the missions provide repetitive gameplay. They consist of skirmishes on 4 maps, with generic game types. For example, one of them consists of you getting kills and gathering tokens the enemies drop; first team to reach 100 wins. They repeat the same game type and map with heroes however. There is no campaignTremendously disappointed with the lack of content. Diving in i quickly saw that the missions provide repetitive gameplay. They consist of skirmishes on 4 maps, with generic game types. For example, one of them consists of you getting kills and gathering tokens the enemies drop; first team to reach 100 wins. They repeat the same game type and map with heroes however. There is no campaign like the old BF games, if you don't know what i'm talking about pick one up on steam and try it out. No story driven battles, you just join and fight. Generic FPS game, and I know many say the same thing, but really, it's GENERIC. It's beyond casual, as anyone can pick it up and just shoot, there's no recoil and hardly any punishment for playing bad. The game obviously looks beautiful and sounds great, however, it's not worth the price tag. I will be returning my copy for a full refund, and i'll also be very disappointed. I was waiting on this game ever since BF 2, as a child. If you want to earn my money and me as a customer, make a full campaign with story driven conquest batles like before. Also, i forgot to mention that maps are literally tiny and disconnected, it's nothing like the old games. An example would be using battlefield, imagine if battlefield were taken and the maps were cut down by 75% compared to the old ones you played. Do not Buy, last warning. If you don't believe me, try it yourself, hopefully you enjoy it, however i doubt anyone true will enjoy it..

0/10 - No I will not give it a 1/10 simply because of the graphics, many games have beautiful graphics.
  17. Nov 17, 2015
    Pros:
    Graphics
    Audio
    Movielike Qualities

Cons:
    Aiming System
    Mechanics
    Vehicle Combat
    Hero System/Power Ups
    Squad System
    Practically everything else...

CoD is a much better game than this, and CoD is crap. I was surprised DICE was behind this.
  18. Nov 17, 2015
    A beautiful yet ultimately very shallow game. Yes it gets the Star Wars look and sound just about perfect. However once you get over the "Wow Star Wars!" factor there isn't much game there. Gunplay has zero modifiers for how you move or even aim down sights. Vehicles, etc are floating power up coins. No server browser to enable building a community. Only 1 other person in your squad andA beautiful yet ultimately very shallow game. Yes it gets the Star Wars look and sound just about perfect. However once you get over the "Wow Star Wars!" factor there isn't much game there. Gunplay has zero modifiers for how you move or even aim down sights. Vehicles, etc are floating power up coins. No server browser to enable building a community. Only 1 other person in your squad and even that is super clunky on PC. If you care anything about longevity this game should be a hard pass for you. Expand
  19. Nov 17, 2015
    I'm crying now because I waited a direct sequel to "Battlefront 2" for long ten years and now I get this extremely repetitive mercenary game for me as a fan is abusive pay that price for that content of **** DICE seems that you are not the same that created Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2. In my opinion DICE died.
  20. Nov 17, 2015
    Well, what can u expect from EA Games?
    The game (most of the time) have some nice graphics. And point. That's the only positive thing about it.
    Well, what can u expect from EA Games?

On the other hand, being a SW fan I must say that I'd never expend my money on it. The map are totally unbalanced, there's literally no skill gap, and EA Games will make you swallow down tons of DLC to continue being able to play the game normally.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: there's no campaign! LOL, how can a SW game have no campaign?

Stay away from this game, it will look amazing in the first hour, but will be forgotten in a few months! Glad I could play it on the 10 hours trial from EA Acess and didn't buy it.
  21. Eki
    Nov 17, 2015
    As a long time Star Wars fan i was soo hyped about this game only to discover that this is not the game i have been waiting for over 10 years!
    Shallow game play and the replayability is almost close to none.
    Shallow game play and the replayability is almost close to none.
    How in the holy &^%$K coulkd this even be called Star Wars Battlefront is beyond me. I swear when i started the game multiplayer i had a feeling that i was playing yet another Call Of Duty game.

Graphics are nice but thats about it,save your money from buying this and stop rewarding lazy and ignorant developers and gready corporate suits at EA.

Total failure in a long line of dumbed down games from DICE.
    Thanks for ruining Battlefield 3,Battlefield 4 and now Battlefront for us gamers Dice. I am pretty sure that you wont see another dime from me or in the very distant future.
  22. Nov 18, 2015
    While it is defiantly not the WORST game I have played in my lifetime its surely is one of if not the worst I have played this year. A short pro con description is listed below but a more lengthy review is listed even further below.

Pros: - Graphics are stunning - Art design is great - Sound effects are great and well mixed (but slightly to bass heavy) - And the score while partly

Pros:
    - Graphics are stunning
    - Art design is great
    - Sound effects are great and well mixed (but slightly to bass heavy)
    - And the score while partly original it is very well mixed
    - Beautiful sky boxes

Cons:
    - Fps mechanics are terrible for many reasons (full list below)
    - Map design is liner and bland
    - Weapons lack variety and all feel the same
    - Ability cards are for the most part useless (out side of one or two)
    - No Co-op / multilayer vehicles
    - Complete lack of game modes
    - Complete lack of maps
    - Few vehicles to chose from
    - Terrible vehicle controls
    - No space battles
    - No galactic conquest
    - lacking map variety (most maps are completely liner and empty)
    - NO SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN FORM A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Why no single player campaign???? WHY???????/

No for the real review. This will mostly be elaborating on the points above. To start with the game looks and sounds stunning but that cannot save the CORE GAME FROM BEING LESS THAN AVERAGE. Unfortunately the game itself is far less than average. There are many reasons for this a few are listed above. To start with the problems of this game the shooting mechanics are THE worst I have played with this year. This is due to all weapons having little to no recoil at all (And I am well aware that the guns shoot lasers not bullets) but even with the guns shooting lasers Fallout 4 and halo 5 manage to make laser weapons very satisfying to shoot and also require skill to shoot. The guns also lack punch and also eliminate impact because of it. This makes it feel like a weak spit ball killed the enemy not a futuristic laser weapon form STAR WARS.

While on the topic of game mechanics the vehicles feel like sliding an ice cube over a bathroom tile. In short the vehicles feel terrible at best. This is also true for air vehicles. They are tedious to control and just a pain to find some meaningless coin on the map that FORCES you to deploy a vehicle at what possibly could be an inopportune time if you want to use one. That brings me to my next point the "pick up" system in the game makes you run around the map scavenging for one of these god forsaken things only for you to be killed while your deploying one.

The next considerable problem is campers and Oh boy there are a LOT of them in this game. Not only do campers make the game un-fun but also hurts the player base potentially turning some people of the game completely. Another issue to consider is the games life span (I'm predicting not very long). The game lacks variety and only has a hand full of "fun" modes. This will most likely lead to a considerable portion of the player base drop in less than a month. To be completely frank I think peoples hype will ware off and people will see what a lazy cash in excuse of a AAA game this is. Unfortunately this is just a lazy attempt by DICE (who are also to blame) and EA just a SAME FULL DISPLAY. Spend your money on fallout 4, whitcher 3 or MGS V instead not only do you get a single player you also get a good bloody game.
  23. Nov 17, 2015
    DLC. Pay more, get less. Graphics are lipstick on a pig. Actually, a virtual pig with lipstick would probably be more fun. EA destroyed SimCity and The Sims. Is there anything this company does other than release the most superficial garbage facades?
  24. Nov 17, 2015
    Graphics arent everything.
    Missed potential.
    Simple and noob friendly.
    Expect it to die off after the holiday season.
    EA strikes back.
    Dissapointed to say the least.
  25. Nov 17, 2015
    There is just to much lacking from what I was expecting from this game. I wanted space battles, more than 4 maps per mode, clonewars, more guns, classes, more vehicles, and more modes. Also the core design in the game is bad, no classes like battlefront 1 and 2 means everyone is the same with slight variations. No server browser, no campaign, and over all no longevity... Im sorry but forThere is just to much lacking from what I was expecting from this game. I wanted space battles, more than 4 maps per mode, clonewars, more guns, classes, more vehicles, and more modes. Also the core design in the game is bad, no classes like battlefront 1 and 2 means everyone is the same with slight variations. No server browser, no campaign, and over all no longevity... Im sorry but for $60 I expect more, and if you're going to use the battlefront name I expect it to at least resemble the old games a bit more. All those things that its missing is what made the battlefront games so popular, not pretty graphics. Expand
  26. Nov 19, 2015
    Total phenomenal pice of garbage. EA stand no more for Electronic Arts, but for Elusive Actions and DICE, who the fok is DICE, do they still creates games ?

P.s: can't wait to offer this garbage game to my ex girlfriend as a parting gift~
  27. Nov 18, 2015
    Graphics and sound are great but the depth of the game is not deeper than a teaspoon. Innovation has come to a standstill in fps games and this game was an opportunity to get it right, but it feels empty.
  28. Nov 17, 2015
    Graphics: 10/10
    Gameplay: 1/10
    Content: 1/10
    Overall: 4/10
    Graphics are great, phenomenal. Gameplay is a joke, there's no story to be played, barely any content. Got my refund after playing for 4 hours, and don't regret it.
  29. Nov 17, 2015
    The looks and sounds nice. No doubt about that. But it suffers in other ways. Which can be fixed.

The amount of maps you get without Jakku is slim. There is only 4. If you play the other modes. You can experience different parts of those planets, which feels like you have more variety. But if you only enjoy one game mode, then you get the same old 4 maps. For 100+ hours. The

The character customization is a cheap tactic. The heads are just copied between rebel and empire. There is only 3 full body armor customization selections for Empire. You get maybe 50 human heads and 3 aliens on Rebels. You get 50 human heads and 3 different stormtroopers on Empire. I would have loved more variants of the Stormtrooper armor. Not just heads used from the Rebel side.

There is not chat window when you are dead. This is hurts you if you want to share information while dead. A sign that this game was made for console first.

Flight controls do not work that well with KB & M setup. It really feels like it was built ground up for a controller.

The worst of it all. The 50$ Season Pass will have 16 maps, while we got 4 in vanilla for 60$.
  30. Nov 18, 2015
    If it had been released 5 years ago it might have been up to standard but Battlefront goes out of its way to abandon most of the innovations made in the FPS genre since BF2. Mostly this is a run an gun game with almost no regard for incorporating game physics or interaction with the environment. Additionally, the weapons don't vary enough to actually allow for any player specialization.If it had been released 5 years ago it might have been up to standard but Battlefront goes out of its way to abandon most of the innovations made in the FPS genre since BF2. Mostly this is a run an gun game with almost no regard for incorporating game physics or interaction with the environment. Additionally, the weapons don't vary enough to actually allow for any player specialization. Really this game is a lot of fun for the first couple of hours just because its in the Star Wars Universe but its fairly bland after that. Expand
  31. Nov 18, 2015
    Looks and sounds great - they managed to capture the star wars universe almost perfectly. BUT - and this is important - the game has the depth of a toddlers swimming pool. Trust me you will get bored after 30 minutes of playing it once you realise there is no complexity to this game outside of just pointing and shooting at something. What did you expect from EA and DICE though really? TheLooks and sounds great - they managed to capture the star wars universe almost perfectly. BUT - and this is important - the game has the depth of a toddlers swimming pool. Trust me you will get bored after 30 minutes of playing it once you realise there is no complexity to this game outside of just pointing and shooting at something. What did you expect from EA and DICE though really? The casualisation of shooters has never hit such a low before. Shame on you EA and shame on you DICE. Your quest for making sure shareholders get paid out over making great games is a huge black eye on the face of the games industry. Expand
  32. Nov 18, 2015
    Absolutely disgusting. Another money grab attempt by EA. So little content for such a high price. Why make a clone of Battlefield when you create something new? Is this the video game industry now? Maximise profit and keep the content locked away for DLC? Disgusting beyond words. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, DO NOT SUPPORT EA anymore or they will continue this.
  33. Nov 17, 2015
    The lack of a campaign mode and COOP vs AI on all maps is a disappointment to me. I had bought 2 copies and promptly got a refund today. If you want BF4 with no story mode and only multiplayer only maps then this game might interest you, but to me Star Wars is always about the story.
  34. Nov 17, 2015
    I've played Battlefront 2, battlefield 3 and bf4 and then this EA Battlefront 2015.

This is what $70 cost me and what I found: Copy & Paste Battlefield 3 with shiny rock and snow. 12 MAPS ? No Galaxies Conquest? Not even a Space Battle. no movement on at-at and y-wing No Darth Maul, limited classes Feels like a linear running to a place. Stopped at 9 hours because this is

This is what $70 cost me and what I found:

Copy & Paste Battlefield 3 with shiny rock and snow.
    12 MAPS ?
    No Galaxies Conquest?
    Not even a Space Battle.
    no movement on at-at and y-wing
    No Darth Maul, limited classes
    Feels like a linear running to a place.

Stopped at 9 hours because this is game boring as hell and couldn't stand running just straight line. Now there are campers because of it, these bastards are cheap. The game is too lacked, limited, and where's the **** contents?
    No mods support and no private server. And btw, you'll need to cough off $50 more to get 16 maps.

Battlefront 2 had 34 maps for $50 and ten times more features you'll have and good community even mods communities.

The game is pathetic and not happy with it. I guess the developer and games are getting too shallow
    because they care more about money over the quality of the game. I'm pissed and this is pure trash. I tried to think of anything good about the game but damn this game is disappointing.

Dice need to be fired for being too lazy.

I'll give 2 for graphic but nothing else special. Too Lazy and Cheap for a High price game.
  35. Nov 17, 2015
    Whenever an EA game has no reviews at launch, it's already a bad sign. Consider the fact that EA is milking players with early access garbage and you KNOW it's a cash grab. This game is rushed to the market right before the next Star Wars movie comes out.

Star Wars Battlefront sullies the name of another classic game. I wish EA would stop "reviving" classics. Please.
  36. Nov 17, 2015
    The demo staging, misrepresented gameplay highly. This is a common fps, there is no narrative flavor, as the previews would have you believe. Rush in, fight , die, use resources as they become available.
  37. Nov 17, 2015
    At the beginning of the game shakes magnificent graphics, excellent sound effects and excellent optimization, but then, after a while, you realize that behind all this lies tinsel like a typical shooter Battledeld, only 10 times more boring.
  38. Nov 17, 2015
    The game has great graphics.. That's really the only good thing I can say about this steaming pile of cash grab...

Game is a decent rental at best, but as a longtime Star Wars fan the game feels more offensive than enjoyable to me.
  39. Nov 18, 2015
    The most fun I had with this game was playing Fallout 4 while I was waiting for it to be downloaded. I installed launched and there was NO ONE online. I finally did find a match for their version of air superiority and at least I can say the game is beautiful. Already requesting a refund from Origin. I maybe only got 10 minutes of gameplay out of this. I had a feeling this game wouldThe most fun I had with this game was playing Fallout 4 while I was waiting for it to be downloaded. I installed launched and there was NO ONE online. I finally did find a match for their version of air superiority and at least I can say the game is beautiful. Already requesting a refund from Origin. I maybe only got 10 minutes of gameplay out of this. I had a feeling this game would underwhelmed but at least now with a refund policy I can see myself and not wonder. Expand
  40. Nov 17, 2015
    4 maps, 11 weapons, no story mode, 60 bucks. First EA ruins UFC and then they ruin Star Wars....$60 for 10 hours of fun... Exactly as expected. Hopefully EA listens to the fans next time.
  41. Nov 18, 2015
    EA thieves. They are divided into two the game, to charge around 120 euros. battlefront 2 was more complete and more entertaining. I'm sorry. You betrayed the name battlefront.
  42. Nov 17, 2015
    Great graphics, great sounds, but complete lack of content, its empty, missing all key elements of previous battlefront and battlefield games. And yeah the premium DLC pack has more content than the game itself
  43. Nov 17, 2015
    I am suffering from extreme buyers remorse right now.

I am suffering from extreme buyers remorse right now.

Yes, the graphics and sound design are amazing and it does provide you an authentic Star Wars experience but that's also where the positives end. The gunplay and gamemodes are seriously lacking. There isn't enough variety and it get repetitive very fast. There just isn't enough meat to the game to keep me interested beyond a few hours of gameplay. And just to think that they are going to charge even more money for extra content that should have been there from the beginning...sickening. As expected from EA.
  44. Nov 17, 2015
    Remember the old days when playing Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 when there was a campaign, that you could play by yourself or with your friends? You could work together taking out the AI opponents or you could play against each other and have an intense but fun all out war. You could also play a mode called galactic conquest where the goal is to conquer 10 plus planets that takes over 20Remember the old days when playing Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 when there was a campaign, that you could play by yourself or with your friends? You could work together taking out the AI opponents or you could play against each other and have an intense but fun all out war. You could also play a mode called galactic conquest where the goal is to conquer 10 plus planets that takes over 20 plus battles (some of them into space.) You could unlock abilities for your team, new ships giving you more pieces on the chessboards, or new soldier classes to help give you the advantage over your opponent. Speaking of Character classes, remember you could be a sniper class or a explosives class or even an engineer? There were also countless other game modes to play a lot of them can be played on most of the maps. You could of even played as ewoks, wampas, geonosians, and even gungans. Those were good times...

None of that is in this game! Star Wars: BattleField: Call of EA
  45. Nov 17, 2015
    On the surface this game is great. The graphics are superb as is the core action gameplay. The native support for 21:9 resolution is appreciated as it looks amazing at 3440x1440. Hero classes are reasonably balanced, as are most game modes besides walker assault. Not everyone likes the power up or card system but I feel they fit in well with the game. And the most important thing aboutOn the surface this game is great. The graphics are superb as is the core action gameplay. The native support for 21:9 resolution is appreciated as it looks amazing at 3440x1440. Hero classes are reasonably balanced, as are most game modes besides walker assault. Not everyone likes the power up or card system but I feel they fit in well with the game. And the most important thing about the game is that it runs smooth as butter and is very well optimized. Totally stable, no lag or micro-stutter, runs well on even low-spec PCs.

Unfortunately the game has several major issues all relating to simple features missing or control scheme choices. Also the game is quite lacking in content for the price. Something that doesn't bother me but certain does for many other players. As far as gameplay issues go, the most serious issue we have on the PC is the lack of team balance, or team shuffling. Teams are never randomized and there is no way to switch teams manually. What we're seeing in nearly every match is a stacked team dominating one side game after game. For example you'll have 6 players in hero assault for hours on end with no changes on one team, while the opposing team cycles 50+ players through the meat grinder who join and leave. The number of matches where it's 10v20 or 2v6 for often the duration of the entire match is far too many. At the very least teams should auto balance with each match change. Certainly this can be done while still maintaining parties. Even if it isn't a full team balance, something is still better than nothing whilst still maintaining friends/parties on the same side.

Other major issues include the PC control scheme for flight controls. In beta the controls were great, with direct mouse input to vehicle flight control. Very precise and a pleasure to fly. However now we're discovering that the flight controls are a sluggish joystick emulation style control. Basically flying an x-wing feels like driving a car on a sheet of ice. It's a mess. A huge mess. Most fighter squadron matches are just chat rooms of players complaining about how the beta test flight controls were better.

Lastly we're missing common features like the ability to see players ping, or even a server browser. There's not even a way to kick or ban cheaters who blatantly use hack software... instead relying only on the automated mechanism which could take days or weeks to work. Something i'm sure we'll sorely miss in due time.
  46. Nov 18, 2015
    Star Wars Battlefront is one of them titles that has previously delivered on content movie accuracy's and value for money.
    Alas the latest incarnation from DICE/EA failed to hit the mark for me in a number of areas.
    Don't get me wrong it looks and sounds stunning and so it should as EA had access to the Lucas Arts archives and for the price point you would expect it to look amazing.
    Game play is very repetitive and after 15 hours I don't see much point in carrying on playing with only emotes and skins to unlock.
    They have removed most of the "cool" things from the series like Space Battles, galactic conquest and the clone wars era...Clone wars is a part of star wars even if it was not well received back in the day, would have made more sense to see some of the old Star Wars heroes/villains brought back for this reboot.
    I do feel a burnt after spending so much money on this title, I see no value for money and feels like a expensive cash grab.
    The game play makes me think of old call of duty with constant grenade spam and one sided fights, no classes so you can't switch on the fly to the changing battle.
    Lack of customization, yeah you can unlock different skins but most all look the same and only result in a head/hair change.
    Think the game has a total of 15 weapons to unlock which is just not enough.
    The game feels like a slice of burnt toast, it runs like butter and looks great covered in cheese but it tastes awful and only lasts a short while.
    Really expected a lot more EA/Dice, Disney need to give the licence to someone else,
    Just not good enough.
  47. Nov 17, 2015
    Completely empty and vapid game.
    Looks stunning and plays smoothly, but it kind of makes me feel like I'm playing the FPS version of a GTA game that only has two roads.
  48. Nov 17, 2015
    This is absolutely pathetic. This released game manages to have less content than the alpha of battlefront 3 that EA canned a few years back, and only a quarter the content that the original battlefront. Maps are repetitive and unbalanced, as well as too small for decent aerial combat due to the limitations of the frostbite engine. $50 for a season pass that doesn't contain all the dlc isThis is absolutely pathetic. This released game manages to have less content than the alpha of battlefront 3 that EA canned a few years back, and only a quarter the content that the original battlefront. Maps are repetitive and unbalanced, as well as too small for decent aerial combat due to the limitations of the frostbite engine. $50 for a season pass that doesn't contain all the dlc is just absurd. The graphics are the best part of this festering heap of garbage, and they're only adequate, not what you would expect out of supposed "next gen".
    All in all, this is a cheaply made product that attempts to sucker you in through brand recognition alone.
  49. Nov 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It`s not Fallout 4, it`s very very bad game. My eyes would bleed, I broke a finger while looking for the exit button, but the music is very beautiful. And no Wookiee !!!!! Thank you dice that ruined my evening. Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2015
    I'm noticing that some people are giving this game a 10/10 (perfect) while stating major flaws.

Such as: BF1942 had more depth (12 year old game by the same company). Unbalanced teams with terrible mechanics (random hero spawn powerup). This game will never have a competitive scene, due to low skill cap. Amazo 2 person spawn system. Complete departure from prior Battlefronts that

Such as:
    BF1942 had more depth (12 year old game by the same company).
    Unbalanced teams with terrible mechanics (random hero spawn powerup).
    This game will never have a competitive scene, due to low skill cap.
    Amazo 2 person spawn system.
    Complete departure from prior Battlefronts that sold and played well.
    SWTOR space combat on rails handled better than the Battlefront aerial fighters on km or joystick.. etc, etc..

And yet, after these negative comments.. these users go on to give the game a 10/10..

I would have rated a 2/10 for the graphics, true to movie scenery, and audio. But I must award a 0 since rabid star wars fans have decided to run a muck today. I have returned my game and received a refund.
  51. Nov 17, 2015
    No story mode No COOP vs AI on all maps No keep. Got a refund today. Star Wars should be about the story. This is BF4 without a story, if that is what you want then this game if for you.
  52. Nov 17, 2015
    Best Casual game of the Year! Another Soulless game.
    Very good graphics quality but the game mechanics has been simplified.
    The same console disease like Fallout 4. EA ruined star wars series.
  53. Nov 18, 2015
    EA never ceases to amaze me. They seem to be able to destroy everything they touch.
    Star Wars Battlefront is pathetic excuse of a game to try milk some more money from the people who loved previous Battlefront 2.
    -No space battles -No galactic conquest -No Single-player campaign -Only 8 maps on total 4 planets -No possibility to buy your own servers to play certain maps with your

-No space battles
    -No galactic conquest
    -No Single-player campaign
    -Only 8 maps on total 4 planets
    -No possibility to buy your own servers to play certain maps with your friends
    -You are forced to play randomized map rotation over and over again
    -No modding support

I could keep going on and on what is wrong about this horrendous product
    but instead I'll rest my case here. Buyer beware.
  54. Nov 17, 2015
    Pros:
    No bugs so far
    Great graphics
    SW feeling ( sound/models/vehicles)
    No origin !
    Nice servers

Cons:
    Generic FPS with SW theme, nothing more.
    COD style, I would like to have Battlefield style.
    Spawn campers already knows where to camp.

Wait for a sale. I'm getting more fun from BF4

Getting refund with origin's "great games guarantee" as I did with Titan Fall
  55. Nov 17, 2015
    This is a freaking Battlefield 4 clone with a Star Wars skin on it. I knew this going in, but figured I'd see what it has to offer. Is it fun? Yes. Is it what it should've been ? No. Is it worth 60$? No. Is it worth having a season pass with 5 dlc's costing nearly as much as the game? Most certainly not. They are laughing all the way to the bank with that Star Wars license, that is aThis is a freaking Battlefield 4 clone with a Star Wars skin on it. I knew this going in, but figured I'd see what it has to offer. Is it fun? Yes. Is it what it should've been ? No. Is it worth 60$? No. Is it worth having a season pass with 5 dlc's costing nearly as much as the game? Most certainly not. They are laughing all the way to the bank with that Star Wars license, that is a disgrace to Star Wars fans everywhere... Expand
  56. Nov 17, 2015
    Only thing this game has going for it is the graphics and sound effects. Other wise is a waste of garbage game that was solely created to sell dlc. Star wars has a huge market, and they know they will make a killing selling parts of the game as dlc that should have been included in the first place. The original is 100x better. You'd think in 2015 they would try building upon the original,Only thing this game has going for it is the graphics and sound effects. Other wise is a waste of garbage game that was solely created to sell dlc. Star wars has a huge market, and they know they will make a killing selling parts of the game as dlc that should have been included in the first place. The original is 100x better. You'd think in 2015 they would try building upon the original, yet they took 100 steps backwards. People who support this game must be children because no one in their right mind would spend $80 on an empty shell of a game, then $50 for season pass. Expand
  57. Nov 17, 2015
    So, I played the game for 10Hours now.

This game is good ONLY because of Star Wars. The graphics/FX and sound design are amazing and provide you an authentic Star Wars experience. This is the reason why I played that much. Because shooting from an AT/T with the SAME EXACT SOUND and FEELING from the movie is AMAZING. Now, Take out that, and you have a crappy game. The gamemodes are
    So, I played the game for 10Hours now.

Now, Take out that, and you have a crappy game.

The gamemodes are all the sames, expect Walker Assault and Firefight which are a bit different, all the other are classics
    "capture that" or "kill that". The gameplay become boring very fast, it's like the level 0 of a skillbased FPS (which is not bad,
    but it's kinda boring...). They cut EVERYTHING from what an old battlefront II fan wanted.

No vehicles (expect AT/T TB/T)
    No Campaign (only stupid survival missions vs waves...)
    No Galactic Conquest
    No other race than stormtroopers/Rebel.
    No space Battle, only over planets.
    Some few map (4 big map cut in many pieces)
    And let's not talk about Jedi vs Sith battles which are completely brainless...
    The customisation is dumb xD They didn't event made something great, you have the face of actual IG character (leila/luke/Han) and some hairstyle. Even that is bad and made fast...

I would PAY MILIONS for a battlefront II Remastered edition, but this game is just crap.
    Take out Star Wars and it doesn't reach 3/10.

Now I'm sure that after 10 DLC, the game will be good, and most of this lack of content will be fullfieled, but I won't be part of it.
    I have played enough with the EA access (that I bought for this reason, test crappy EA games (expect sports games) and not buy them), and I won't buy this crap.

GAMEPLAY 4/10
    GRAPHICS 10/10
    SOUND 10/10
    CONTENT 2/10

RESULT 6/10
  58. Nov 17, 2015
    This is only about graphics. It's missing content like maps, heroes, game modes and much more that were present in the old battlefronts. 60€ for this it's just robbing.
  59. Nov 17, 2015
    Pros:
    Pretty... Very pretty
    it's fun~ Cons: No story Feels like Call of Duty: Star Wars edition. Doesn't feel like it holds to the spirit of the first two games. No space battles. I would have loved for the inclusion of a Solo campaign or something like Galactic conquest. All you do is kill enemies with little focus on objectives. I would have loved to see Battlefront II with
    Pros:
    Pretty... Very pretty
    it's fun~

Cons:
    No story
    Feels like Call of Duty: Star Wars edition.
    Doesn't feel like it holds to the spirit of the first two games.
    No space battles.

I would have loved for the inclusion of a Solo campaign or something like Galactic conquest. All you do is kill enemies with little focus on objectives. I would have loved to see Battlefront II with improvements not this.

This game is a big MEH/10
  60. Nov 17, 2015
    This game has so much missed potential to be something truly epic, unfortunately it is above average at best.

Let's analyse: Pro's Amazing graphics Amazing sound Amazing aesthetics Amazing attention to detail. And that's where the pro's end, this game is nothing more than a showcase for showing off how great the Frostbite engine can run in a Star Wars universe. Dice know

Let's analyse:

Pro's

Amazing graphics
    Amazing sound
    Amazing aesthetics
    Amazing attention to detail.

And that's where the pro's end, this game is nothing more than a showcase for showing off how great the Frostbite engine can run in a Star Wars universe. Dice know exactly what to do when it comes to graphics and sound and usually gameplay as well. However this game lacks a lot of the other ingredients to what could have been an amazing game.

This brings me on to the con's:

Lack of content - this includes maps, game modes/types
    Gameplay/mechanics are too simplified/too casual.
    No tactics involved, just run of the mill "run and gun" type game, which can get very boring, very fast.
    No massive space battles
    No single player (the reason why I have put this as a con is because if a game is just multiplayer focused, then you are to expect something worth while to keep the longevity of the game appealing and refreshing. This game is none of the latter. Therefore having a single player campaign might have been able to salvage that)
    No 64 players - this seems like a lazy approach to only have 40 players max, so they didn't have to create larger maps to cater for 64 players and therefore the content is severely lacking.

This game is a huge disappointment and it seems that people are quite happily to pay full retail price for a half finished game. As soon as you slap a well known franchise label on a game, then "fanboys" will defend it to high heaven and have the inability to comprehend anything constructively criticizing about this game.

Buy this game, but only when it hits the bargain bin
  61. Nov 17, 2015
    I gave a 1 because it looks and feels like star wars. Graphics are only 10% of a game for me. Gameplay is the other 90% for me.
    How could they balls up the rest of it so badly when they have a long line of successful Battlefield games under their belt?
    All they had to do was reskin Battlefield into the Star Wars setting.. But no, they created the star wars feel and tacked on something that barely resembles battlefield at all.
    Battlefield 1942 was a far superior game and that was released 13 years ago.
  62. Nov 17, 2015
    Star Wars Battlefront is a monumental disappointment from DICE that lacks any long term appeal, is desperately lacking in content and is completely overpriced. It is another cash-grab from EA of a massive brand which has been executed in shambolic fashion. It feels like nothing more than a Battlefield Hardline reskin and will probably die just as quick.

Battlefront promised so much but

Battlefront promised so much but gamers have been left with a content-starved title that consists of a few bland and barren maps, a selection of uninspiring modes and very mediocre combat mechanics. The game looks reasonable at times but the lack of substance and a grand experience especially when compared to Battlefield 4 as of now makes this product feel utterly pointless even for die-hard Star Wars fans. Regular FPS fanatics will feel short-changed at what's on offer as after just a few hours of play; you've seen everything this game has to offer.

The most unforgivable aspect of Battlefront is the lack of a campaign or Story. This should have been a mandatory inclusion but has ultimately rendered the game a missed opportunity and just inflates the fact that this is nothing more than DICE and EA grabbing cash to satisfy their shareholders before the bumper year-end payoff. As usual; the season pass will provide future content but you will be long bored before then as the game will be soundly removed from your hard drive and never to be touched again.

Star Wars and FPS fans should avoid at all costs as this is nothing more than a quick cash-in and an opportunity to milk a popular brand without delivering anything that constitutes to a satisfactory experience. The multiplayer is a shallow experience and the product itself falls considerably below standards in terms of quality and material. A huge insult to gamers, fans and the Star Wars brand alike. Pathetic showing from DICE and EA all round.
  63. Nov 17, 2015
    I'm really disappointed. I expected at least the quality of the previous battlefront game. Everything that i liked in SW Battlefront 2 is missing here - the conquest, the bots to play when there is no one around, the space battles with entering the star destroyers. The weapons are impotent, the vehicles and the heroes are random, the maps are bad made. The whole game feels like free arcadeI'm really disappointed. I expected at least the quality of the previous battlefront game. Everything that i liked in SW Battlefront 2 is missing here - the conquest, the bots to play when there is no one around, the space battles with entering the star destroyers. The weapons are impotent, the vehicles and the heroes are random, the maps are bad made. The whole game feels like free arcade browser shooter. And this is Dice... The only good thing are the graphics. But the graphics are not everything - the gameplay is what makes the games enjoyable and this game is boring, too simple and lack content. I won't buy the season pass - sorry Dice/EA. Expand
  64. Nov 17, 2015
    Very soulless and repetitive game. They could have done way more with the star wars license and they choose to make it a BF clone. Good job EA......good job.
  65. Nov 17, 2015
    Nigg dis gayme be gay AF doe mayne!!!!! I memba wen i play dat battlefront 2 on mah ps2 an dat **** be fire doe!!!! All da hoes be tryna hop on dis dik cuz I got dat bf2 cuzz!! But **** 3 be dumb af like der aint evn no strry doe like wtf how i gon fuk a fuk a bad btch if der aint no story goin on in da bagkround!!!111 dis gayme musta been made fo **** dat be homoo sex a al!@21!!!2111Nigg dis gayme be gay AF doe mayne!!!!! I memba wen i play dat battlefront 2 on mah ps2 an dat **** be fire doe!!!! All da hoes be tryna hop on dis dik cuz I got dat bf2 cuzz!! But **** 3 be dumb af like der aint evn no strry doe like wtf how i gon fuk a fuk a bad btch if der aint no story goin on in da bagkround!!!111 dis gayme musta been made fo **** dat be homoo sex a al!@21!!!2111 Der no space butthals too like wen i be fukin bad bich i be tryna blast off like i did wit dat yung bf2 doe bu i cant wit dis gayyy azz bf3!!!!! any1 hoo like dis game be gyy azz fucccboiii nigg dat prolly stay suckin his daddysDick!!!!!! wtf dice dis be sum **** **** boi!!!!!!!@@2@!@!@1 Expand
  66. Nov 17, 2015
    DICE: "We won't **** it up!"
    Well DICE, ya done ****ed it up.
    DICE: "We won't **** it up!"
    Well DICE, ya done ****ed it up.
    It's prettier than the old Battlefronts, but not as pretty as a 2015 PC game should be (my PC runs it maxed on 4K without issue - single 980Ti). It looks like Star Wars. It sounds like Star Wars. But holy **** is it boring, shallow, janky, irritating to play in general, and downright silly when you have "heroes" spamming their abilities against each other. The beta should have been a good taste of what was to come, because the "full" game has barely any more variety (two new map types - oooh, aaah).

No campaign. No co-op. No space battles. On-rails vehicles and aircraft. Sickening! All features from previous titles in the same series, stripped for this dumbed-down cash-in from this once-great developer.

What an absolute waste of my money, my hype, and my time. This game and its execution make me so angry that I'm giving it a zero. At least pretend you care about gamers next time, DICE/EA/Disney. You are so far from the mark with this title that it makes my stomach turn.
  67. Nov 17, 2015
    I am giving this game a 3 only for the mere amazing graphics. The gameplay is so casual and easy, I maybe Global elite in skill based fps like Csgo but Im literally going 50-10 every map while falling asleep because of the sheer casual combat thats just point and click. Your recoil, and spread doesnt even get effected by jumping. REALLY? It gets boring after the first 30 minutes, theI am giving this game a 3 only for the mere amazing graphics. The gameplay is so casual and easy, I maybe Global elite in skill based fps like Csgo but Im literally going 50-10 every map while falling asleep because of the sheer casual combat thats just point and click. Your recoil, and spread doesnt even get effected by jumping. REALLY? It gets boring after the first 30 minutes, the content isnt lacking especially for a $110 game. Theyre already talking about multiple sequels when this game isnt even finished, no server browser, only 48 players max, no clone wars, like 9 maps. ARE YOU SERIOUS. This is like a $20-$30 game. Id wait until then before buying and even then its still a bad cash grab. Expand
  68. Nov 17, 2015
    0/10 worst game ive ever played
    EA ruined star wars.
    First of all. The game is LOCKED at 60 fps on consoles as well as pc which playing a game at 60 fps is pretty much unplayable there are only 6 heros in the game there is no campaign There is no galactic conquest there is no instant action there is no single player there is no modding there is no space battles This is call of
    0/10 worst game ive ever played
    EA ruined star wars.

First of all.
    there are only 6 heros in the game
    there is no campaign
    There is no galactic conquest
    there is no instant action
    there is no single player
    there is no modding
    there is no space battles
    This is call of duty star wars nothing to see here
    this is not the game you're looking for hopefully no one will be tricked into buying this and just forget about this horrible buggy unplayable mess of a game.
  69. Nov 17, 2015
    Star Wars Battlefront offers a satisfying First person shooter experience.The graphics are insane,especially endor,there is so much attention to detail and really brought the epic planets in the movies to the game.There are lots of gamemode to play,most of them are well-designed and fun to play,DICE fixed a lot of problems from the Beta,the game is now more balanced.The weapons are tooStar Wars Battlefront offers a satisfying First person shooter experience.The graphics are insane,especially endor,there is so much attention to detail and really brought the epic planets in the movies to the game.There are lots of gamemode to play,most of them are well-designed and fun to play,DICE fixed a lot of problems from the Beta,the game is now more balanced.The weapons are too few,and no weapon customization.And no campaign and space battle.Star wars Battlefront isn't a deep game for those Pro shooter players,more like a game for all kinds of player.Star Wars Fans will love this game. Expand
  70. Nov 17, 2015
    Let me ask you this ? what other Star Wars games audio and visuals match this authenticity !

none. This is epic. This is most importantly FUN ! Yes it may be simple . but its fun ! How much more in depth can star wars become.

MY biggest gripe will be lack of content - Yes they hid all this behind a paywall Season Pass. =(
  71. Nov 17, 2015
    People already saying the game is repetitive without having played for at least 1/2 hours, or even having the game. Just your typical metacritic scum, I guess.

To those interested in an actually useful review: This game is meant for the Star Wars fans. All the maps portray perfectly the landscapes, sounds, etc of the Star Wars universe. You just feel like you are there. While the

To those interested in an actually useful review:

This game is meant for the Star Wars fans. All the maps portray perfectly the landscapes, sounds, etc of the Star Wars universe. You just feel like you are there. While the gameplay is indeed shoot and gun (as all the FPS are), you have a sh*t ton of ways to play it. I had played the Beta for 20 hours. I admit I got bored in the end, but thats what happens when you play the same map and same mode for 20h straight.. The full release though has yet to bore me. I have played for about 7 hours straight since midnight and I always had tremendous fun with it. There are some various glitches which I witnessed but they were not enough to stop the fun I was having, sometimes it only boosted it a little! So if you want to have a good time, buy the game!
  72. Nov 27, 2015
    Hello, thank you for reading.
    I am giving the game a 5 because it doesn't deserve any more, it can in fact deserve even less but I try to be fair.
    Pro's Good graphics and performance on most if not every machine, it is very well optimised. Sounds are great, especially if you use a good quality sound device. Con's *Lack of maps, 4 in total, and in those 4 maps areas are used for
    Hello, thank you for reading.

Pro's
    Sounds are great, especially if you use a good quality sound device.

Con's
    *Lack of maps, 4 in total, and in those 4 maps areas are used for game modes, but in the ends its just copy paste.
    *Lack of balance, it is shocking at how bad the balance is in maps, I heard Imperials won mostly in beta and now its rebels.
    Air vs Air between the two are also very imbalanced, Rebel ships are far superior.
    Ground vs Ground looks okay at first, but players who have level'd ahead will have a large advantage over new players. With unlocks and the likes.
    *Lack of customization and progression, you can upgrade 'cards'(really cards...) and buy emotes and or a different looking head. But gun wise, altering its way of use, no.
    *Lack of variety, after doing Walker assault 4 times I already got bored, its small and linear. Because the maps share everything pretty much, you seen it all after your first 4 matches.
    *Lack of control options, cant change half of the keybinds I would like to change, options to control mouse sensitivity seems to work on some things and then not ( for example zooming in with a ATST increases senstivity instead of decreasing.. QA failed there.
    *Flying is impossible with mouse and keyboard, they broke it after beta from what I can read.
    *Lack of any tactic, its just spawn, shoot, die, spawn shoot die. No flanking options, not enough tools for any kind of teamplay.
    *To many instant kill ways, there are just far to many oneshot things in the game, it isn't any fun.

Now the worst thing of all. Considering they wear the name Battlefront, how could they have removed or ignored all the great things of Battlefront 1 and 2, how is this possible? How can they ignore or the good things about Battlefield, being Dice and all? How could they come up with a CoD in Star Wars, and then done it so poorly.. it baffles me. In every area of gameplay and map design there are issues. But DLC is coming I read often, it doesnt matter I spend 60 euros, because I can pay another 100 and finally have a decent game. Remember, this game offers 1/3 of the content the last Battlefront game offered.
  73. Dec 1, 2015
    Amazing graphics and sound. I really wish every game could look and sound as great as Battlefront. Unfortunately, those two things are the only positive attributes this game has. The gameplay is shallow and boring. Within a couple of hours, I had seen everything the game had to offer and had grown incredibly bored. Thank God I was able to get a refund on Origin. I'll go back to BattlefrontAmazing graphics and sound. I really wish every game could look and sound as great as Battlefront. Unfortunately, those two things are the only positive attributes this game has. The gameplay is shallow and boring. Within a couple of hours, I had seen everything the game had to offer and had grown incredibly bored. Thank God I was able to get a refund on Origin. I'll go back to Battlefront 2 if I want a decent Star Wars shooter. Expand
  74. Dec 4, 2015
    I created a metacritic account for the first time to warn others, this game is absolute CRAP. Please believe the user reviews. Any professional critic that gave this game a good review can not be trusted and has been bought, it's the only explanation as to how anyone could say this game is good. There is no point in going into specifics, other than graphics and sound this is the worstI created a metacritic account for the first time to warn others, this game is absolute CRAP. Please believe the user reviews. Any professional critic that gave this game a good review can not be trusted and has been bought, it's the only explanation as to how anyone could say this game is good. There is no point in going into specifics, other than graphics and sound this is the worst game I have played in the past 15 years. I'd say the closest game that is this terrible (and is still better than battlefront) is dead rising 3. I am awestruck as to hell they screwed this up so bad. It is like they intentionally went out with the mindset of how can we make the worst game of the year. Expand
  75. Dec 14, 2015
    I'll start by saying the Graphics and Sound are excellent. They've done a good job of creating the atmosphere of a great star wars game.

The good news stops there. 4 maps, 11 weapons, laughable character customization, half-assed single player modes are just the start. This game feels more like Call of Duty: Star Wars than a battlefront game. If you've played CoD now imagine all the

This game feels more like Call of Duty: Star Wars than a battlefront game. If you've played CoD now imagine all the guns shoot lasers and they added vehicles, you'll pretty much know what this game entails.

Spawn points are awful, I've lost track of how many times I've spawned being shot. Maps are designed to funnel players into awful chokepoints leaving large swaths of maps unexplored. It's like they wanted us all to take 2 types of grenades and just sling them into tiny corridors all day.

Looking forward to playing Boba Fett? Not this match as there is no timer on heroes so one person can camp at the back of the map and snipe people with Boba all match long. I've seen dozens of games with Boba's going all game and scoring 50-2 or better.

If this was a Beta game, I would give it 10/10. And it feels like a Beta. Unbalanced and with little content. The game feels 1/4 finished. And we should expect more. Even CoD launches with more maps than this game and twice the weapons and customizations. But seeing as it's a "finished" product I give it 1/4 of the score, or a 2.5 rounded down.

What a joke. EA ruins another game franchise.
  76. Dec 7, 2015
    At first i thought "woah" so cool!
    after Beta it became so boring. There is no skill evaluation. More casual gameplay. Zero satisfaction from what you are doing in game.
    Just buy Battlefield 4. You get more fun for money. I did same as with Titanfall, Battlefield Hard Line, i returned my money for game. Ofcause i will buy StarWars Battlefront, when i get discount on both game and
    At first i thought "woah" so cool!
    Just buy Battlefield 4. You get more fun for money.

Ofcause i will buy StarWars Battlefront, when i get discount on both game and season path, after years ;)
  77. Nov 20, 2015
    For a game so hollow, you'd expect it to be good at the little it does... Not this game.

Star Wars Battlefront is a shooter even more generic than Call of Duty, with a pretty little Star Wars skin layered on top. Its stunning visuals, and somewhat smooth gameplay are degraded by it's atrocious servers, lack of variation, lack of gameplay features, and complete disregard for balance. It can be fun, at times, but it's far more commonly frustrating.

Why Digital Illusions and EA decided to go this path with the game, I can't really guess. Maybe they just wanted to put in minimal effort, because they knew they'd get a huge return out of it. It's a reboot of one of the most beloved Star Wars games, after all.

AND HEY THAT 50$ SEASON PASS RIGHT GUYS? Maybe this game would have felt complete with that included in, with all the extra maps, vehicles, weapons, and gameplay modes they promised, but the Vanilla game is not worth 60 USD. Hell, I got this for 45$, and I still feel ripped off. This is not a complete game. Breaking the game in two and requiring what amounts to what is essentially buying the game again is **** business practice. For the love of god, don't buy that. You're only encouraging unfair business practices if you do. I honestly doubt you'll play it long enough to justify buying that as well.

As I mentioned before, the game itself looks great, and it plays okay, but the charm wears off quick. You're paying 60$ for an online shooter, because the single player is absolutely paltry, and it is still sub par. Spawning is awful, balance doesn't exist, and the game is completely inconsistent. Wait for this game to go on sale if you think you have to have it.
  78. Nov 21, 2015
    Alright everyone, I'm here to express my honest opinion on this game. Ill try to keep it calm as I can, and wont rip the game a new one or anything.
    So, for a lot of people, the game was a disappointment, and it probably could have been worse, but it isn't the worst game out there. Now, for those who enjoy the **** out of the game, go ahead, I'm glad you enjoy it, but do realize there is actual flaws with the game that others are irritated with. The biggest complaint I have seen is content, and I absolutely agree with this. The game becomes repetitive after a little while, and makes the game feel empty.

Graphics/sound- This game is a great example of how graphics aren't everything. The visuals are absolutely stunning, the animations are perfect, and the sounds are on point, but that is really the biggest pro to the game or seems....which is sad.

Co-op Survival- So as far as i can see, you can only have 1 other person with you in this mode....like really? Am I only able to have 1 friends now adays? This could have been fun as hell with 3 other friends, but i cant play if more than one is on, because why leave your friends out because of a stupid design choice?

Maps- Now, I understand there is a decent amount of maps in the game, but I think the real issue is the lack of variety. Id prefer to have ten completely different landscapes then 4 landscapes that are slightly different on ten map. Some people don't have a problem with this, but when you think of the amazing environments they could have had...its just disappointing.

Space battles and dogfighting- Now, what really made a Star Wars for me was the huge battles in space. Why Dice and EA decided to leave it out is beyond me. The space battles were alright in BF2, but they had so much to improve on. Flying through space in a huge firefights with explosions everywhere just was an amazing experience, and would have made this game so much better than it is now. Imagine being able to dogfight around capital ships firing lasers and cannons left and right, then landing in the hanger and engaging in huge firefights across the ship as you made your way to vital parts of this huge ship....that would have been an amazing experience. As it seems, the dogfighting is alright in the game, but seems too easy, all you need to do is lock on and hold fire, no huge outmaneuvering and aiming is really involved.

Clones and Droids- Alright, let me just start out by saying that if you hate the clone wars due to the prequels you need to dig a little deeper. The clone wars was a huge part of star wars and the way it played out was fascinating. Dice had a huge opportunity to use the Clones and Droids in this game...but they just dumped it. For those of you(like me) who enjoyed the Clone Wars better than the Rebels and empire, all I can say is we were pushed aside and thrown into the garbage. If you dug into the lore behind this with all of its heroes and villains and all of its huge full blown battles, I guarantee you'd be impressed at many times. Taking this part out basically rips half of Star Wars out of the game, and I find this disappointing and unacceptable to a certain extent.

DLC- I mean...really.....50 dollars of DLC planned before the game was even released? And don't tell me I can play without the DLC, as it almost doubles the content in the game(that should have been in their originally). The fact isn't that their is DLC, its the fact that it charges an extra 50 dollars(almost the cost of another game) just to make the game what it should have been. If one of my friends buys it, then ill either miss out on so much, or be forced to go throw $50 dollars in EA's face. Some people out there cant afford a $110 dollar game, and for those who can, congratulation, but not all of us want to spend $110 dollars just to get a completed game. This is a rip off, and I urge you too see this as well, EA didn't have everyone's best interest in mind when they created this.

Overall, I think this game is meh, definitely not worth the ten years we had to wait for it, or the $60-$110 dollar price tag, maybe $30-$40 dollars for the base game. People say its a must have for die hard Star Wars fans....but I feel like that is false. For the people who love the franchise and really care about this, they wont spend all this money supporting EA, as we all know if this game makes them loads of cash, they will continue to release games after this with even less content and effort, as they find it acceptable since we shower them in our money. I could have added so much more to this review, but I feel this covers a lot of major topics(And I'm lazy AF)

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my two cents on this game, feel free to let me know how you feel about this(whether you agree or disagree on any of the point)
    And for those who were looking for a Battlefront III, "This isn't the Battlefront you are looking for"- 100% accurate words from Obi-wan.
  79. Dec 4, 2015
    This game deserves a zero rating because it is a deception. It is polished, looks good, sounds good, it is perfectly optimized, but when you get into it, you realise you got caught in a "Run to Die" sort of game. I am currently rank 13 and i do not plan to continue, played for 9-10 hours and i am already bored of it. As a shooter, it is very silly, you get very limited options and they areThis game deserves a zero rating because it is a deception. It is polished, looks good, sounds good, it is perfectly optimized, but when you get into it, you realise you got caught in a "Run to Die" sort of game. I am currently rank 13 and i do not plan to continue, played for 9-10 hours and i am already bored of it. As a shooter, it is very silly, you get very limited options and they are tied to a cooldown. Shoot once, wait for reload.... shoot again, wait for reload and so on. Blasters heat up pretty fast so you get into "reload" mode no matter what. I find this game totaly frustrating to play, if you value games where skill is needed. Expand
  80. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is nothing short of a complete letdown. This franchise already has 2 previous games to build upon and it learned NOTHING from their successes or failures. People were scared it would be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and, to be honest, if it had been it would be a much better game.

The progression system is awful. The gunplay is garbage. Get shot at long range by pistols.

The progression system is awful.
    The gunplay is garbage. Get shot at long range by pistols. Extremely inaccurate sniper style weapons?
    The vehicles... hooo boy.... Rebels have NO GROUND VEHICLES.
    The spawn system will frequently spawn you into an area already taken over by the opposing team OR so far back it's going to take you 45 seconds to a minute just to get back to the action.
    There is 0 diversity in kit loadouts. The star cards are garbage and half of them you need to REBUY after the charges deplete. That's right, not find ammo in game but REBUY from the unlocks.
    I didn't preorder this game but rather got sucked into the hype machine by friends who did and I wish I hadn't

It's quite clear by the 50.00 season pass and the fact that they're already working on a sequel (WTF!?) that this game is going to be doled out piecemeal along side the next 3 films and EA plans to make bank on gullible Star Wards fans.

Graphics and Audio 10/10 though. Only positive thing I can say.
  81. Nov 30, 2015
    This game is style over substance, it's so shallow and barebones that it's scary, and what is even worse is that EA has a monopoly on the Starwars IP for games. Sad day for Starwars fans.
  82. Nov 29, 2015
    It's like someone made a Star Wars DLC themepack for Call of Duty and just released it as a $60 standalone title instead of a $20 DLC pack. I mean, at least I think that.
  83. Dec 4, 2015
    I tried to play this and give it a chance. I thought maybe there were just a lot of angry nerds and fanboys. Nope.

What this game does well is graphics. If you want a game that looks good on your buffed up rig, this game will do it. What this game doesn't do well is everything else. Gameplay isn't bad, but for $60 I was expecting at least half a game from EA. There are in store game

What this game doesn't do well is everything else. Gameplay isn't bad, but for $60 I was expecting at least half a game from EA. There are in store game demos with more content than this game. What is worse is half the content that would have made this game acceptable got ripped out to be sold as DLC. Go back to battlefield 4. This game is an insult to Star Wars fans and gamers.
  84. Nov 29, 2015
    It's abysmal. Sure, the graphics and sound design are pretty, but the game reeks of EA's corporate greed and obvious contempt for paying customers. Here are some things that were in Star Wars Battlefront 2, a game that is a decade old, that are not in this game: Space battles, a singleplayer campaign, anything from episodes 1-3, balanced spawns, and an actual chance to use the heroes. AndIt's abysmal. Sure, the graphics and sound design are pretty, but the game reeks of EA's corporate greed and obvious contempt for paying customers. Here are some things that were in Star Wars Battlefront 2, a game that is a decade old, that are not in this game: Space battles, a singleplayer campaign, anything from episodes 1-3, balanced spawns, and an actual chance to use the heroes. And for a price tag of $120 for the "ultimate edition" is disgusting. I hope that EA loses its monopoly on the star wars franchise, or else the dark side has won. Expand
  85. Nov 22, 2015
    The best looking NOT fun at all game I have ever played!, I'am playing thinking man this looks so good and its Star Wars but... I'm just not enjoying it at all. I kept trying to enjoy it I wanted to enjoy it hell its star wars but the more I played the less and less I wanted to I felt like I was forcing myself to play, its almost like they where trying to be overly safe because it was StarThe best looking NOT fun at all game I have ever played!, I'am playing thinking man this looks so good and its Star Wars but... I'm just not enjoying it at all. I kept trying to enjoy it I wanted to enjoy it hell its star wars but the more I played the less and less I wanted to I felt like I was forcing myself to play, its almost like they where trying to be overly safe because it was Star Wars and made the game soulless and a chore to play. Now another thing to address in Canada I payed after taxes $90.02 for the game and it has four maps they say its 12 but its four maps and small variations of those four maps for $90.02 EA stop being so greedy, why dose the expansion pass have 16 maps for $50 and the base game for $90 have four. Expand
  86. Dec 2, 2015
    Well the graphics and most of the sound are good, but then they should be shouldn't they considering all the material for them came from the Lucasfilm archives. Saying that, some of the new music is uninspiring and the voice acting, especially, the 'heroes', is laughable at best.

Limited and inexcusable content on launch means this game gets old and boring fast. The imbalance on some of the maps is still problematic (Endor Walker Assault for example) .

Customisation is, well, where to start? If unlocking haircuts and beards is your 'Star Wars authentic' thing for your helmetless Stormtrooper, then roll right up. This game will cater for your every need. Whilst doing that, don't forget to load up with the FOTM DL-44 blaster,a pulse cannon sniper rifle and a jump pack for hours of endless COD Advanced Warfare goodness.

Spawning is horrendous in this game - I've lost count of the number of times I've spawned right in front of an AT-ST or AT-AT or yards from an enemy player . Spawn, BOOM, get down. At least sometimes you get a break from that by having to run from 200 yards back to rejoin the battle.

THE extra cost of the DLC is quite frankly disgraceful given what's in the base game. The new free Battle of Jakku DLC map is as forgettable as the rest of them after a couple of hours play. It's just more of the same, with a ridiculous grenade spamming pistol shooting toe to toe royal rumble at the end for the last control point.

This game has been touted as the best Star Wars game ever. I disagree. It's without doubt the best looking one, but that's about it. My advice is go find something else to play for the meantime, be an informed consumer , read the reviews, watch the video reviews too , and if you must buy it, wait a bit for the price to come down considerably. Good games don't get this much negative publicity without good reason, so you have to ask yourself why? Put the inner need to satisfy the Star Wars fan in you to one side for a moment, and let your head rule your heart before getting your money out.
  87. Dec 3, 2015
    So little content with that price? Typical EA **** - they release a cut down product , price it as a full release and PUSH content for additional money. **** you EA
  88. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is fun at first, moreover if you love Star Wars universe... But it becomes awfully boring after few hours of running and dying. Massive battlefields, loads of teammates, 0 coordination. No easy of communicating with your team. It's a FFA-Team-Deathmatch. X-Wing/Tie Fighters fights are boring as hell.
  89. Nov 22, 2015
    Best looking POS ever. While Battlefront gets most of it right, huge fails that break the game keep me from recommending this game. From the looks, sounds, music, even some small stuff like Han Solo's shoulder charge power (taken from 1 scene in the movies).. this game is impressive beyond impressive. But while that stuff was obviously handled by experts, you get the feeling that the restBest looking POS ever. While Battlefront gets most of it right, huge fails that break the game keep me from recommending this game. From the looks, sounds, music, even some small stuff like Han Solo's shoulder charge power (taken from 1 scene in the movies).. this game is impressive beyond impressive. But while that stuff was obviously handled by experts, you get the feeling that the rest of the stuff wasn't. 1) No real communication ability at all with other players just ruins the game (the in game chat is only during the actual game and is useless as you will be killed if you try to type something, plus it allows curses and racial slurs, really?) 2) Obvious issues. Enemy players can get behind your spawn area, get in a turret, and just kill your team over and over and over with no way to stop it. How was that missed? 3) It is only fun if people play along. Some hide in a bush in a map and kill you when there is no chance to even see them. Is that fun? No. Some hide on top of a mountain behind a peak and step out just to snipe you, Is that fun? No. You get the idea. If everyone just plays the game.. it can be fun. But most times, someone exploits a map problem. Overall, I guess it comes down to that I love everything about this game.. except the fact that it is online. If it was a single player game, it would easily be 10/10 game of the year. Add online with the above problems, and the score falls flat. Sorry, but you can't have an online game without fixing known online issues (see racial, cursing above, map exploits, etc) Expand
  90. Nov 22, 2015
    This is the perfect Star Wars in terms of audio and graphic, but the gameplay is so unbalanced and boring. It lacks so much depth and above all: CONTENT. As much as I would love to like the game, I get massively bored after 1 hour of gametime. Only 4 maps and 2 interesting game modes, in my opinion. For any additionnal content, expect to have to pay the price (It's EA afterall). Plus on PCThis is the perfect Star Wars in terms of audio and graphic, but the gameplay is so unbalanced and boring. It lacks so much depth and above all: CONTENT. As much as I would love to like the game, I get massively bored after 1 hour of gametime. Only 4 maps and 2 interesting game modes, in my opinion. For any additionnal content, expect to have to pay the price (It's EA afterall). Plus on PC you will only encounter an already impressive number of hackers and 12yo spamming the chat. Since there is only a small multiplayer and no single player; I expect it to become of huge cash grab of season pass and micro transactions for EA. Avoid yourself the ridiculous price of this less-than-average experience. Expand
  91. Nov 24, 2015
    Totally unplayable, unbalanced, the net code and much are not worth a heap of **** the swindler. The server earner is worthless. A trashy garbage heap, I regret it very much already that I bribed it.
  92. Dec 1, 2015
    After this game it has come to the point that I detest EA. This game is nothing but a cynical cash grab. EA, please please please close your doors, you really are NOT welcome in this industry anymore. You are actually ruining it.
  93. Dec 14, 2015
    An extremely bland and shallow game, costly DLC season passes announced before the release. Everything wrong with the modern gaming industry in one game.
  94. Dec 3, 2015
    Beta review:
    Graphics/sound = Amazing
    Gameplay = Below average Replayvalue = 0. It plays like Call of Duty with no strategy at all and the only interesting new things added - heroes - are pretty much crap as well when compared to something like Jedi Academy. Is it worth 70 or $140 for the season pass like here in Sweden? ***K NO! Such a disappointment after having waited a
    Beta review:
    Graphics/sound = Amazing
    Gameplay = Below average
    Replayvalue = 0.

Such a disappointment after having waited a decade... Back to playing Battlefront 2, BF1942 Galactic Conquest, and Empire at War... hoping that someone would combine them at some point and make the proper sequel to BF2 that we want.
  95. Nov 22, 2015
    when i saw Electronic Arts founder of this project, i knew from the beginning how bad it will be... i tried the beta for a week end, and it was so awful ... 4/10 no more. All is boring, casualised, consolised... bad decisions every where like how to pick up vehicles and such ...
    I am sick with this policy to sell empty game (very bad in that case) for 70 bucks and then sell the rest (the entire game in fact) for 50 more.. main game developping teams are now managed by some ultra liberal capitalists, and if they failed so badly it's just because they are insanely too greedy...
  96. Nov 22, 2015
    This game really bad...//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  97. Nov 22, 2015
    First, I will say the good things. The graphics are great! No problems with that. Although, the gameplay and available content in offline mode is **** Only a few toilet bowl size maps available in offline mode. If you enjoyed BF2 or even 1, you will not enjoy this. I enjoy the space battles more than anything and it is only on online mode. This is just a cookie cutter first person shooterFirst, I will say the good things. The graphics are great! No problems with that. Although, the gameplay and available content in offline mode is **** Only a few toilet bowl size maps available in offline mode. If you enjoyed BF2 or even 1, you will not enjoy this. I enjoy the space battles more than anything and it is only on online mode. This is just a cookie cutter first person shooter that is nothing like the originals, which I was hoping it would be like with a few additional content and better graphics. How wrong was I? I literally just got my refund back and besides FIFA games with EA, I am not buying anything else from them. It received a 3 only based off the graphics and the customization of characters. Other than that, garbage. Expand
  98. Nov 30, 2015
    EA has disgraced the battlefront legacy, a legacy that has influenced our childhood. This is not a worthy successor to battlefront 2 or the star wars license. EA has made DICE their b**ch, I remember battlefield 2 all those memories. I do not blame DICE for this failure but EA as a disease that needs to be cut from the gaming community. Lets just hope they don't completely infect bioware,EA has disgraced the battlefront legacy, a legacy that has influenced our childhood. This is not a worthy successor to battlefront 2 or the star wars license. EA has made DICE their b**ch, I remember battlefield 2 all those memories. I do not blame DICE for this failure but EA as a disease that needs to be cut from the gaming community. Lets just hope they don't completely infect bioware, being both a mass effect and dragon age fan. Expand
  99. Nov 21, 2015
    GRAPHICS AND SOUND 10/10

EVERYTHING ELSE -10

EVEN DARTH VADERS VOICE SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY DID IT AT A COSPLAY EVENT! AIMBOTTERS ALREADY TAKING OVER! GAME BLOWS.....
  100. Nov 30, 2015
    A jedi never deals in absolutes, so that must make me a sith. Which is an anagram for exactly what this game is. Unrefined, unbalanced, and upsetting.

1. CD-Action
    Feb 4, 2016
    A perfect game for short sessions. It’s not deep enough to convince online shooters veterans, but it will definitely win over Star Wars fans. [01/2016, p.34]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 4, 2016
    Star Wars Battlefront looks and sounds great, and with Battlefield-class gameplay could have ruled the multiplayer galaxy. Unfortunately, at best OK-level, Battlefront-class gameplay is much too shallow to last long. And this is THE one license, which really needs a single player campaign. [Dec 2015]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Jan 3, 2016
    Any semblance of subtlety is abandoned entirely when it comes to the playable Hero and Villain characters. [Jan 2016, p.110]