8.6

1. Jul 28, 2014
    This game is a well made, easy to play RTS. It is simple in terms of goals and unit movement and control, but if you go onto multiplayer, the game becomes amazingly thoughtful and requires teamwork and collaboration. Unfortunately, the online community is since dead, but in its day, the multiplayer for this game was unbeatable. I have yet to find a RTS game that I enjoy online more than this game.
    The campaign is entertaining, lots of fun stuff, and it takes good fundamentals from the original and builds on it. Graphics are cleaner, and the functionality of the Galactic Conquest is refreshing. It is truly a blast to play through GC over and over. And this game has a TON of great mods. I have only played maybe 3 or 4 but they make the game that much better.

My only complaint is that LucasArts and Petroglyph didn't try to fix any of the online bugs and allowed the amazing multiplayer to die. Honestly the funnest RTS online I have ever played...
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    CONSORTIUM OP!!! But seriously, other than that, this expansion pack helps keep the game fresh and interesting by adding a third faction. It is pretty damn OP though.
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    The story behind this is add-on is total pants, Tyber Zann who? The only reason to buy this is because of access to the great many mods it allows you to run, like Stargate, Republic at War just to name a few.
  4. Feb 22, 2012
    This game lacked some use, the consortium was just way overpowered, but i like the designs they get of their stuff... the empire got 3 new unit types and things really, and the rebels quite were over thrown by both sides single handedly, you can win but only if you are a person not an AI..... fun-8, story-8, gameplay-5, upgradability-unknown, creativity-8, plus some minor bug fix's from the first but overpriced to be another full game for such a short play add Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    I loved the original game.
    The story was fantastic. The sound was great. The visuals were good for the time. Galactic Conquest was the only multiplayer I played but I highly enjoyed it and played it to death with a friend, fighting for control of the galaxy in intense large scale land and space battles, along with small fights using tactics with heroes and a few units to raid and fight
    over things. The game was extremely underrated.

I bought FOC on release with high expectation, I was young and bad at RTS's but I enjoyed the story once again thoroughly. The problem I had, came with the multiplayer. The Consortium are extremely overpowered, the rebels are really underpowered and the empire are REALLY good at killing the rebels. The rebels received few weak improvements, the empire revived massive upgrades and the Consortium did what the other factions do, but better. I could go into every little detail about how incredibly poor the balance was in this game but this would take far too long and go into every detail about the game, from fighters to meta game, from corruption to hero units and so on. I'm a big fan of star wars games, especially their older ones, but I really think this game let them down, especially after the original was so damn fun to play. I felt the multiplayer was unplayable, I was not alone as the population of players online was dwindling after just a month.

I checked back into these games recently for a bit of nostalgic fun with my friend whom I met on Empire at War over 6 years ago, I still enjoy the original and still laugh at how incredibly poor the balance was, I seriously do not understand how a game could be released that broken, and yet receive no support after such a long time. I believe it really killed the series which is a massive shame, and I'd have loved to have seen a squeal, and still to this day would buy it on release. But much like other much loved Star Wars games such as: Battlefront, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, and so on...there was no sequel, leaving fans disappointed and not understanding why when Lucas Arts would make lots of money from it. This game to me was a bit of a black mark on my gaming history, but yet at the same time, something I'll never forget, the timing of the release and the enjoyment I got from the story, and just my general love of star wars was incredible. I don't recommend buying this game, I wouldn't then and I wouldn't 6 years on, but I would say, if Lucas Arts ever read this - Make a sequel.
  6. Dec 27, 2011
    Fantastically fantastic uber fantastic extra fantastic ultra fantastic mega fantastic super noober fantastic fantastically fantastically fantastically fantastically fantastically fantastic.
  7. Oct 3, 2011
    This expansion pack to an already good game had a lot going for it, and succeeded. This made an already good game even better. It adds a brand new side never seen before called the Zann Consortium, so many new units to already existing sides, and a brand new story. This expansion didn't change the game play much, but it hardly needed an upgrade considering that it was already amazing. I did notice the graphics were different. They were more bright and polished than the first game. As for the story, it's just a typical revenge story where Tyber Zann (leader of the Consortium) wants revenge on Jabba the Hutt for locking him up in prison. This story is still good, but nothing Star Wars hasn't seen before. I would've given this game a 10, but there are a few problems that I just can't get over. The first is that when you're fighting the Consortium as the Rebellion or the Empire, it's just so unfair. This is because (please don't make me say Consortium again) they have advanced weaponry much more advanced then the Rebels and Imperials. This makes the game unbalanced. The space battles haven't gotten any better, as a matter of fact, they've only gotten worse. In the original, they were fun, but they only lasted five to seven minutes. Here they last only a measly two to four minutes. These faults don't ruin the game, but if they were fixed, the game would become so much better. Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2012
    I loved the original game.
    over things. The game was extremely underrated.

1. What it does best isn't the way it adds a creative, original third side to the classic two, nor the decent added campaign or the extra units all round. No, Forces of Corruption's best feature is exploding Ewoks.
  2. Petroglyph have done a nice little job on expanding what was already a good game. Granted it isn’t the same as all the other RTS games out there, but isn’t that what you want – a little diversity? If the first game left you wanting more, which it certainly did for me, Forces of Corruption will most certainly fill a void in your Star Wars craving.
  3. The new faction adds a great new way to play, and every mode of gameplay, including multiplayer, has been reborn with nearly everything a gamer could ask for.