5.8

1. ChazD.
    Jul 12, 2003
    I was hooked right from the first day! And then... the repitition set in. Harvest this, build that, shoot something else. How many times can you do the exact thing over and over all for the hopes of finally having enough XP to advance your character? I finally realized that it's not entertainment, it's an addiction. You play this because you want to see it become something I was hooked right from the first day! And then... the repitition set in. Harvest this, build that, shoot something else. How many times can you do the exact thing over and over all for the hopes of finally having enough XP to advance your character? I finally realized that it's not entertainment, it's an addiction. You play this because you want to see it become something amazing, despite the fact that you're not actually enjoying yourself. Fan though I am, save your money. Expand
  2. EyeseaU.
    Jul 2, 2003
    It's an ok game so far. I think I expected too much from this game, like being able to one day pilot xwings or at-at's but its true to the line of MMORPG's nonetheless, except with no levels to worry about. I couldnt help think this was sort of a cross between EQ and AO, but as with all MMORPG's it'll take sometime to show what LucasArts have up their sleeve.
  3. CG
    Jul 7, 2003
    Best graphics in the genre, solid gameplay; however, not the revolutionary game most expected. As far as I'm concerned, its a clone of Everquest feature-wise. And, the game still heavily caters to hardcore players. Newbies are in store for hours and hours of skill building, which rivals any MMORPG in boredom.
  4. PhilS.
    Jun 28, 2003
    Buggy as hell and promised features missing. Gets boring within a week. More content needed. Paid $50 to beta test. Mythic had a perfect launch and it was their first time, what's up Verant? I recomment you pass on this until the game is finished!

Combat looks patently ridiculous. How many shots from a blaster does it take to kill a fluffy space bunny, anyway?
  2. PC Gamer
    Galaxies has a few annoying aspects that seem endemic to MMORPGs - with tedious cross-country treks and features that are broken upon initial release - but it still delivers a lot of varied and innovative gameplay. [Oct 2003, p.92]
  3. Though Star Wars Galaxies does have the potential of becoming a better MMORPG, the current version of the game is dull and lacks in quality.