5.8

1. J
    May 9, 2005
    Define the word horrible and then use this game as an example. Star Wars galaxies has to be one of the worst user-friendly systems. I had to google everything that didnt come naturally. Like because yu cant click on a unit to attack it. I really believe that a 2 1/2 meter wookie can kill a butterfly, if only mine hadnt been killed. It was a very strange and unappealing game. After 5 hours Define the word horrible and then use this game as an example. Star Wars galaxies has to be one of the worst user-friendly systems. I had to google everything that didnt come naturally. Like because yu cant click on a unit to attack it. I really believe that a 2 1/2 meter wookie can kill a butterfly, if only mine hadnt been killed. It was a very strange and unappealing game. After 5 hours of trying to understand, I took the CD and broke it in half cause I couldnt return it to the store. This game would need a total overhaul before I attempt it again. Expand
  2. ChazD.
    Jul 12, 2003
    I was hooked right from the first day! And then... the repitition set in. Harvest this, build that, shoot something else. How many times can you do the exact thing over and over all for the hopes of finally having enough XP to advance your character? I finally realized that it's not entertainment, it's an addiction. You play this because you want to see it become something I was hooked right from the first day! And then... the repitition set in. Harvest this, build that, shoot something else. How many times can you do the exact thing over and over all for the hopes of finally having enough XP to advance your character? I finally realized that it's not entertainment, it's an addiction. You play this because you want to see it become something amazing, despite the fact that you're not actually enjoying yourself. Fan though I am, save your money. Expand
  3. Bergelmir
    Jul 1, 2003
    Good game, even there is some bugs for now. Good news, it's playable even now a few days after the launch. Almost lag neither waiting time for loading a zone. It gives a strange feeling. A lot of professions, no levels, tactics battles. This is not a first person shooter neither a classic RPG. You can even play a non combat character. You will like it or you will hate it. I like it :)
  4. ChristopherS.
    Apr 2, 2007
    A Beautiful and potentially epic game, completely ruined by money hungering developers. It is horrifically sad to see how far this could have went, all to be destroyed by a team of unworthy devs ignoring their most important resource - the fans. Don't play unless you really, really want to be let down.
  5. JohnS.
    Jun 28, 2003
    Cool graphics but buggy and boring.
  6. Dec 20, 2011
    I dont understand why the so-called upgrades had to happen,it turned this game into a mess! And it meant that all who unlocked the jedi class before it had wasted their time for nothing!
  7. Dec 20, 2011
    Consider this a eulogy, and a rating of the final product. What a skeleton team of developers did with rebuilding what was honestly a broken and horribly mismanaged product was nothing short of amazing. If you were too busy spending the past six years being upset about the NGE, you really, Really missed out on a lot.

While it was never a perfect game, at the end it very nearly realized

While it was never a perfect game, at the end it very nearly realized its own endless potential. Unfortunately money and mediocrity won out in the end, and as the unwashed masses head off to play the new "WoW with lightsabers", the rest of us lose another little piece of what used to be good about online gaming.
  8. Zach
    Aug 8, 2005
    I vote zero only because I never got to play this game so I will base my opinion on their CRAPPYservice! I am 12 yrs old and used my B-day money to purchase this game. I payed 42.00 for this game and 13.00 of this was for 2nd day shipping. I recieved an e-mail a week later saying they "were now shipping it out" then waited another week to finally get it in the mail. Then the addedI vote zero only because I never got to play this game so I will base my opinion on their CRAPPYservice! I am 12 yrs old and used my B-day money to purchase this game. I payed 42.00 for this game and 13.00 of this was for 2nd day shipping. I recieved an e-mail a week later saying they "were now shipping it out" then waited another week to finally get it in the mail. Then the added punishment was that I was heart broken to find out i had to cough up more money just to play it! My dad re-imburse me the money and said the company was only good for a adolecent learning experience about " life and the rotten world of scum that is out there, so you see son your money was not wasted. Look at it as a 2week course in the reality of life with con artists and scum thats out there". Expand
  9. RalphE.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Very Complicated!!!!! Do Not Get Into this game unless you have the Maximum Hardware on your computer! This is a VERY LARGE Game! It is a memory-Hog! I suggest at least 768 mb of Ram! It is expensive, so pull out those Credit Cards!
  10. Anonymous
    Oct 10, 2003
    Yes this game did have some problems and they are being fixed and in fact I am one of those commandos and yes I am leveling and in fact all classes are leveling. In the beginning you have to wait until people can make more advanced equipment since the game is player operated. You cant just cast it away because of what the first week is like it is a game the people have to advance. InYes this game did have some problems and they are being fixed and in fact I am one of those commandos and yes I am leveling and in fact all classes are leveling. In the beginning you have to wait until people can make more advanced equipment since the game is player operated. You cant just cast it away because of what the first week is like it is a game the people have to advance. In fact there are already masters of those classes that are said to be unable to be trained. Teras Kasi has been getting better also and Bounty Hunter has also been improved. I enjoy the game but yes the vehicles havent been put into effect but there are starports and shuttle ports to travel with. This is what has been happening. It does take time to make revisions to the game it cant be instantly done there has to be new programming installed which has to be made. Theses are my comments on the game. Expand
  11. JM
    Jul 8, 2003
    Excuse me while I wonder why I paid good money for EverQuest with Wookie skins.
  12. MattM.
    Oct 21, 2003
    This is a highly addictive game. SWG is as good as you make it. The developers have set up a Galaxy and sprinkled in some plot points. But where SWG really shines is in the multiplayer angle. Group hunting missions and PvP battles are just plain fun! If you are looking to be a Jedi and swashbuckle your way through the Galaxy, this game is NOT for you (I suggest picking up KOTOR). If you This is a highly addictive game. SWG is as good as you make it. The developers have set up a Galaxy and sprinkled in some plot points. But where SWG really shines is in the multiplayer angle. Group hunting missions and PvP battles are just plain fun! If you are looking to be a Jedi and swashbuckle your way through the Galaxy, this game is NOT for you (I suggest picking up KOTOR). If you want to become a part of the Star Wars Universe and experience every day life as a wookie, this game is definitely for you. Expand
  13. DVassal
    Jul 10, 2003
    Disguistingly boring, save your money, this game is utter garbage.
  14. ChrisA.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Amazing game, dont forget the other expansions to ,including the new Trials Of Obiwan!
  15. DougD.
    Jan 24, 2008
    Like any other MMO, it really depends on your tastes. I love this game, some people, obviosly, dont. I find it fun and if you like the star wars genre the pvp space battles are exciting and fun, as are the legacy missions.
  16. Dec 21, 2011
    This game captures the essence of the franchise and gives each class a different and unique story with brilliant voice acting.
    Best graphics in the genre, solid gameplay
  17. JakeE.
    Jun 30, 2003
    Boring, boring, and more boring. Buy this game and you'll get to do repetitive Fed-ex missions, fight little bunnies with underpowered guns, and wander through miles of empty terrain. THIS IS NOT THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR.
  18. RickS.
    Jul 2, 2003
    Very boring! Steep learning curve, clunky interface not worth your money!
  19. FrankyF.
    Sep 9, 2003
    This game is not for: Whiners, or try to beat in a day gamers. This game is hardcore - You cant beat it so dont try its not like that - its like a virtual life. - After the first day i did not think I would like it then it starts to suck you in - Its immersive and Hard Core. Their are some bugs which they are working out - and a lot of people whine hardcore - like that guy that wrote an This game is not for: Whiners, or try to beat in a day gamers. This game is hardcore - You cant beat it so dont try its not like that - its like a virtual life. - After the first day i did not think I would like it then it starts to suck you in - Its immersive and Hard Core. Their are some bugs which they are working out - and a lot of people whine hardcore - like that guy that wrote an essay about the problems but overall the GAME rules - and all the peeps that say they quit - really just made new characters and started again. - Try the game but BEWARE: It will take up all your time. Expand
  20. RickD.
    May 4, 2004
    Yet ANOTHER game that was released WAY too early. By the time they get the game all "balanced" and such it will be too late. I played from Beta0 to release and lasted 3 months after release. it is BORING beyond belief unless you like to grind mind numbing experience. My advice, wait for WOW and don't waste your money.
  21. SteveL.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Oh my, I quit Everquest for this. Yes, Everquest...this game is amazing, the game is limitless online, there is so much to do, so much to be, so much to live up to. In my opinion, if your a fan of Star Wars at all, this is better than Everquest.
  22. SlappyM.
    Jun 30, 2003
    Great game- excellent graphics, nice atmosphere, superb non-combat skill tree, convenient navigation and interface, very stable (has been for me at least), tons to explore. The first day after I logged off I was already thinking about all the schemes I would try to build my character and I was hooked. I havent found any in-depth dungeon-type group adventures like the best EQ raids such asGreat game- excellent graphics, nice atmosphere, superb non-combat skill tree, convenient navigation and interface, very stable (has been for me at least), tons to explore. The first day after I logged off I was already thinking about all the schemes I would try to build my character and I was hooked. I havent found any in-depth dungeon-type group adventures like the best EQ raids such as fire giants/naggy sequence yet, but then again I just started playing. Expand
  23. JFV.
    Jun 30, 2003
    This game is a milestone in the history of gaming. In its graphics it surpasses anything I've seen before, there are not enough words. In its music score... well its Star Wars, when you top a mountain on Corellia as its sun rises and the music swells.. well you know :) This is not a game for the mindless, it is designed to last and keep you engaged for a couple years, if you just This game is a milestone in the history of gaming. In its graphics it surpasses anything I've seen before, there are not enough words. In its music score... well its Star Wars, when you top a mountain on Corellia as its sun rises and the music swells.. well you know :) This is not a game for the mindless, it is designed to last and keep you engaged for a couple years, if you just want mindless yanking on your joystick then go elsewhere, but if you want to live and experience a virtual world like no other, then this game is for you. Expand
  24. BrndonMerk
    Jul 17, 2003
    this game is weet get al ot of friends and kill some aniamls this kick a$$ have fun with this game this so kool and this if playing this game on nabo or something then to theed i will help u out and stuff later ... ps find me i will u know what r u talking about peace out ppl
  25. EyeseaU.
    Jul 2, 2003
    It's an ok game so far. I think I expected too much from this game, like being able to one day pilot xwings or at-at's but its true to the line of MMORPG's nonetheless, except with no levels to worry about. I couldnt help think this was sort of a cross between EQ and AO, but as with all MMORPG's it'll take sometime to show what LucasArts have up their sleeve.
  26. CG
    Jul 7, 2003
    Best graphics in the genre, solid gameplay; however, not the revolutionary game most expected. As far as I'm concerned, its a clone of Everquest feature-wise. And, the game still heavily caters to hardcore players. Newbies are in store for hours and hours of skill building, which rivals any MMORPG in boredom.
  27. MatthieuR.
    Sep 20, 2003
    First off, I LOVE Star Wars. Second, I consider myself an experienced gamer, with many an RPG under my belt. With these qualifications, I can say that SWG is one of the most disappointing games ever made. Wow, standing around building up XP by killing bugs! Cool, can I please pay $15 a month to stand in a cantina and wait for people to come in so I can heal them? I know this game First off, I LOVE Star Wars. Second, I consider myself an experienced gamer, with many an RPG under my belt. With these qualifications, I can say that SWG is one of the most disappointing games ever made. Wow, standing around building up XP by killing bugs! Cool, can I please pay $15 a month to stand in a cantina and wait for people to come in so I can heal them? I know this game isn't the kind that you can master in a day, but come on! It's incredibly desolate and boring--isn't the point of a MMORPG to be immersive and full of non-NPC's? Oh, and the graphics aren't that great; good, but hardly worth the praise. If you want a SW game, play Knights of the Old Republic, that game rocks! Expand
  28. PhilS.
    Jun 28, 2003
    Buggy as hell and promised features missing. Gets boring within a week. More content needed. Paid $50 to beta test. Mythic had a perfect launch and it was their first time, what's up Verant? I recomment you pass on this until the game is finished!
  29. OwnerKidd
    Jun 29, 2003
    i hope i get a free unlimited download of this cool game. for short this game ownz j00.
  30. Jake
    Jun 29, 2003
    Its all based on the person and type of gamer you are. It may not be the most exciting game for some, usally those people are the ones who are impatient. I think its a great game, there are bugs and missing features, but look around it for now, patches will fix it later on in the long run. I recommend it for most people.

Combat looks patently ridiculous. How many shots from a blaster does it take to kill a fluffy space bunny, anyway?
  2. PC Gamer
    Galaxies has a few annoying aspects that seem endemic to MMORPGs - with tedious cross-country treks and features that are broken upon initial release - but it still delivers a lot of varied and innovative gameplay. [Oct 2003, p.92]
  3. Though Star Wars Galaxies does have the potential of becoming a better MMORPG, the current version of the game is dull and lacks in quality.