5.8

1. FrankyF.
    Sep 9, 2003
    This game is not for: Whiners, or try to beat in a day gamers. This game is hardcore - You cant beat it so dont try its not like that - its like a virtual life. - After the first day i did not think I would like it then it starts to suck you in - Its immersive and Hard Core. Their are some bugs which they are working out - and a lot of people whine hardcore - like that guy that wrote an This game is not for: Whiners, or try to beat in a day gamers. This game is hardcore - You cant beat it so dont try its not like that - its like a virtual life. - After the first day i did not think I would like it then it starts to suck you in - Its immersive and Hard Core. Their are some bugs which they are working out - and a lot of people whine hardcore - like that guy that wrote an essay about the problems but overall the GAME rules - and all the peeps that say they quit - really just made new characters and started again. - Try the game but BEWARE: It will take up all your time. Expand
  2. Anonymous
    Oct 10, 2003
    Yes this game did have some problems and they are being fixed and in fact I am one of those commandos and yes I am leveling and in fact all classes are leveling. In the beginning you have to wait until people can make more advanced equipment since the game is player operated. You cant just cast it away because of what the first week is like it is a game the people have to advance. InYes this game did have some problems and they are being fixed and in fact I am one of those commandos and yes I am leveling and in fact all classes are leveling. In the beginning you have to wait until people can make more advanced equipment since the game is player operated. You cant just cast it away because of what the first week is like it is a game the people have to advance. In fact there are already masters of those classes that are said to be unable to be trained. Teras Kasi has been getting better also and Bounty Hunter has also been improved. I enjoy the game but yes the vehicles havent been put into effect but there are starports and shuttle ports to travel with. This is what has been happening. It does take time to make revisions to the game it cant be instantly done there has to be new programming installed which has to be made. Theses are my comments on the game. Expand
  3. SlappyM.
    Jun 30, 2003
    Great game- excellent graphics, nice atmosphere, superb non-combat skill tree, convenient navigation and interface, very stable (has been for me at least), tons to explore. The first day after I logged off I was already thinking about all the schemes I would try to build my character and I was hooked. I havent found any in-depth dungeon-type group adventures like the best EQ raids such asGreat game- excellent graphics, nice atmosphere, superb non-combat skill tree, convenient navigation and interface, very stable (has been for me at least), tons to explore. The first day after I logged off I was already thinking about all the schemes I would try to build my character and I was hooked. I havent found any in-depth dungeon-type group adventures like the best EQ raids such as fire giants/naggy sequence yet, but then again I just started playing. Expand
  4. JFV.
    Jun 30, 2003
    This game is a milestone in the history of gaming. In its graphics it surpasses anything I've seen before, there are not enough words. In its music score... well its Star Wars, when you top a mountain on Corellia as its sun rises and the music swells.. well you know :) This is not a game for the mindless, it is designed to last and keep you engaged for a couple years, if you just This game is a milestone in the history of gaming. In its graphics it surpasses anything I've seen before, there are not enough words. In its music score... well its Star Wars, when you top a mountain on Corellia as its sun rises and the music swells.. well you know :) This is not a game for the mindless, it is designed to last and keep you engaged for a couple years, if you just want mindless yanking on your joystick then go elsewhere, but if you want to live and experience a virtual world like no other, then this game is for you. Expand
  5. BrndonMerk
    Jul 17, 2003
    this game is weet get al ot of friends and kill some aniamls this kick a$$ have fun with this game this so kool and this if playing this game on nabo or something then to theed i will help u out and stuff later ... ps find me i will u know what r u talking about peace out ppl
  6. MattM.
    Oct 21, 2003
    This is a highly addictive game. SWG is as good as you make it. The developers have set up a Galaxy and sprinkled in some plot points. But where SWG really shines is in the multiplayer angle. Group hunting missions and PvP battles are just plain fun! If you are looking to be a Jedi and swashbuckle your way through the Galaxy, this game is NOT for you (I suggest picking up KOTOR). If you This is a highly addictive game. SWG is as good as you make it. The developers have set up a Galaxy and sprinkled in some plot points. But where SWG really shines is in the multiplayer angle. Group hunting missions and PvP battles are just plain fun! If you are looking to be a Jedi and swashbuckle your way through the Galaxy, this game is NOT for you (I suggest picking up KOTOR). If you want to become a part of the Star Wars Universe and experience every day life as a wookie, this game is definitely for you. Expand
  7. OwnerKidd
    Jun 29, 2003
    i hope i get a free unlimited download of this cool game. for short this game ownz j00.
  8. Jake
    Jun 29, 2003
    Its all based on the person and type of gamer you are. It may not be the most exciting game for some, usally those people are the ones who are impatient. I think its a great game, there are bugs and missing features, but look around it for now, patches will fix it later on in the long run. I recommend it for most people.
    Aug 25, 2003
    Fun to play, and it is much better after the recent patch.
  10. ChrisA.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Amazing game, dont forget the other expansions to ,including the new Trials Of Obiwan!
  11. KelR.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Few games if any truely deserve a ten but this one does, why? Because it's mind boggling how you can do virtually ANYTHING in this game. Warning, it is as addictive a heroine, and a steep learning curve, but once you figure it out you'll think real life just plain sucks.
  12. DougD.
    Jan 24, 2008
    Like any other MMO, it really depends on your tastes. I love this game, some people, obviosly, dont. I find it fun and if you like the star wars genre the pvp space battles are exciting and fun, as are the legacy missions.
  13. Dec 21, 2011
    It had so much potential for a sandbox mmo. It's too bad Lucas held them back. Hopefully SWTOR learns from SWG's mistake and doesn't try to mimic WoW just to make a quick buck.
  14. Dec 21, 2011
    This game captures the essence of the franchise and gives each class a different and unique story with brilliant voice acting.
    Best graphics in the genre, solid gameplay
  15. Oct 22, 2015
    It's horrible now but the original game run off SOE's servers was one of the best MMO's ever. It had more features than WoW and it released a year earlier, this game set the standard for MMO's today
  16. Apr 23, 2014
    @chronoT, the game didnt fail because of subscription, it still had people playing till they shut it down and they shut it down because of SWTOR, only one star wars online game was allowed to be going and SWTOR has failed worse then galaxies, Galaxies atleast had free roam space to attack targets and players, SWTOR doesnt, Galaxes lets you build your own guild hall, shop or house. SWTOR@chronoT, the game didnt fail because of subscription, it still had people playing till they shut it down and they shut it down because of SWTOR, only one star wars online game was allowed to be going and SWTOR has failed worse then galaxies, Galaxies atleast had free roam space to attack targets and players, SWTOR doesnt, Galaxes lets you build your own guild hall, shop or house. SWTOR doesnt. the only thing SWTOR has better then galaxies was the story and graphics and i liked playing SWTOR before it went F2P and Galaxies never had to go F2P to continue on for years.

this was a great game but anyone reading now obviously wont be able to play it anymore, maybe some day they might try re-booting it, who knows.
  17. Dec 29, 2015
    I just started playing this game again on an emulator server that has a surprisingly good population levels. People who say this game is complicated have never played Eve. Also if I could figure out the game when I was 13 when it first came out it wasn't that complicated really.

But for many people that complexity is what makes SWG so amazing. Why is crafting for example so complicated with all these stats and types? Because unlike WoW the items players create are unique items exactly because of this complexity short sighted player complain about. Even if it is way more complicated crafting anything in SWG was more rewarding than crafting anything in any other game because the item you made was NOT another clone item everyone else had built a billion times before like in WoW. This was an item with your name on it with stats likely different from 99.9% of all the other items of the same name/look. You could sell it and anyone who wore would be walking advertisement of your handiwork. Complicated sure but realistic and SO worth it.

It wasn't just complicated. It had the vastest game space worlds filed with more extensive player built cities of any game to date. Maybe they didn't give you nearly as many dungeons and quests as other games. But they did give a whole lot more class customization , crafting custimization, and player city options than ANY other MMO ever. The faction Vs faction content was among the best of any game. Bounty hunting Jedi was one of the most epic MMO experiences ever really.

Jedi are actually cool and powerful in SWG the way they should be. I'm sorry but everyone running around as a Jedi that does not feel powerful but average doesn't feel like a Jedi. In SWG you couldn't be Jedi just because you wanted to which is how it was in reality in star wars. As a result Jedi were rare and very hard to become since it was unclear how you even did so, but as a result Jedi are very powerful with the draw back that death means serious XP loss. So in the end it all balanced out for everyone except for people who just 'had' to play as a Jedi. I was never a Jedi and it never bothered me. There was SO much more in the vastness of SWG for you to explore.

I could write a short novel about my SWG characters experience back in the day and it would be pretty epic really with minimum dramatization required. And unlike random do this do that quests or go kill this boss in this dungeon quests it was an adventure quest dictated by my own desires. I wanted to be a bounty hunter and an imperial soldier; I needed power to make an impact in those efforts. So my SWG story was one of search for team of imperials and BH to help me and also learn how to hunt Jedi. It was hard, it took months, but that is how MMOs are. My problem with Knights of the old republic is that it might as well be a one player game the way I see it. MMORPG games needs the vastness and complexity and harsh realties of SWG to be truly immersive, interactive, and real.

If you want quests and dungeons and somehow you think that ins't more repetitive and boring i'm at a loss for what to say. SWG let you make you own quest in the sense almost everything you did would get you xp in one way and idk why you need an npc to boss you around or the simplicity/repetitiveness of a dungeon boss kill for loot to make a game better. Even the best loot in SWG was not looted from a kill in a dungeon but CRAFTED in a dungeon.
  18. Bergelmir
    Jul 1, 2003
    Good game, even there is some bugs for now. Good news, it's playable even now a few days after the launch. Almost lag neither waiting time for loading a zone. It gives a strange feeling. A lot of professions, no levels, tactics battles. This is not a first person shooter neither a classic RPG. You can even play a non combat character. You will like it or you will hate it. I like it :)
  19. SteveL.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Oh my, I quit Everquest for this. Yes, Everquest...this game is amazing, the game is limitless online, there is so much to do, so much to be, so much to live up to. In my opinion, if your a fan of Star Wars at all, this is better than Everquest.
  20. TyrekeC.
    May 9, 2004
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!! the bad part of da game is that it is not finished yet...but as they keep adding new creatures and plans and maybe even new spicies to play like Gungans or Geonisians. Then i will rate a 10 out of 10 but now i will stay my vote as an 8....GOOD JOB LUCASARTS!!!
  21. KevinW.
    Jul 11, 2003
    Wonderfully immersive, more reason to aroleplay than any other mmorpg has ever given. The game has a life of it's own.
  22. Jago
    Aug 19, 2006
    To all the people giving this game 1 or 2, i say to you, did you really give the game a chance? I do agree it has a fair few kinks that need to be addressed, however the game is still a very good MMORPG that does have alot to keep people interested. If your a Star Wars fan then this makes the game that whole lot better. You can really build a community in this game, making your own To all the people giving this game 1 or 2, i say to you, did you really give the game a chance? I do agree it has a fair few kinks that need to be addressed, however the game is still a very good MMORPG that does have alot to keep people interested. If your a Star Wars fan then this makes the game that whole lot better. You can really build a community in this game, making your own cities, shops and ships. You can become a bounty hunter and fly across the whole galaxy hunting down those imperials and rebels that have pissed off the wrong people, you can become a jedi and live out that Skywalker fantasy, you can become a simple merchant and make your own weapons, armor and even star ships. There is ALOT to do in this game, and if you look past its minor flaws it really does have alot to offer. Even if you just spend your time flying from planet to planet exploring as much of the Star Wars universe as you can it is something that will be both fun, and also a treat for anyone who wants to immerse themselves in the star wars galaxie! Give it a try before you dismiss it completely. Expand
  23. Dec 20, 2011
    Consider this a eulogy, and a rating of the final product. What a skeleton team of developers did with rebuilding what was honestly a broken and horribly mismanaged product was nothing short of amazing. If you were too busy spending the past six years being upset about the NGE, you really, Really missed out on a lot.

While it was never a perfect game, at the end it very nearly realized

While it was never a perfect game, at the end it very nearly realized its own endless potential. Unfortunately money and mediocrity won out in the end, and as the unwashed masses head off to play the new "WoW with lightsabers", the rest of us lose another little piece of what used to be good about online gaming.

Combat looks patently ridiculous. How many shots from a blaster does it take to kill a fluffy space bunny, anyway?
  2. PC Gamer
    Galaxies has a few annoying aspects that seem endemic to MMORPGs - with tedious cross-country treks and features that are broken upon initial release - but it still delivers a lot of varied and innovative gameplay. [Oct 2003, p.92]
  3. Though Star Wars Galaxies does have the potential of becoming a better MMORPG, the current version of the game is dull and lacks in quality.