5.5

1. Dec 20, 2011
    Consider this a eulogy, and a rating of the final product. What a skeleton team of developers did with rebuilding what was honestly a broken and horribly mismanaged product was nothing short of amazing. If you were too busy spending the past six years being upset about the NGE, you really, Really missed out on a lot.

While it was never a perfect game, at the end it very nearly realized
    its own endless potential. Unfortunately money and mediocrity won out in the end, and as the unwashed masses head off to play the new "WoW with lightsabers", the rest of us lose another little piece of what used to be good about online gaming. Expand
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    I dont understand why the so-called upgrades had to happen,it turned this game into a mess! And it meant that all who unlocked the jedi class before it had wasted their time for nothing!
  3. Dec 21, 2011
    It had so much potential for a sandbox mmo. It's too bad Lucas held them back. Hopefully SWTOR learns from SWG's mistake and doesn't try to mimic WoW just to make a quick buck.
  4. Dec 21, 2011
    This game captures the essence of the franchise and gives each class a different and unique story with brilliant voice acting.
    Best graphics in the genre, solid gameplay
  5. Sep 6, 2012
    SWG was an attempt at a Star Wars based MMORPG, an attempt that utterly failed. From the minute I installed this game I was plagued with bugs, lag, and glitches. My computer more than met the requirements, yet SWG always seemed to run like crap. The graphics were terrible, the areas were way too big and way too plain. I could literally feel this game dying before it began. Worst of all, the interface was impossible to deal with and most of the time you felt completely lost. This was a total failure by Sony, and if you want a decent Star Wars MMO check out Bioware's SWTOR. This is a prime example of why subscription fees don't work for most games. Expand

Combat looks patently ridiculous. How many shots from a blaster does it take to kill a fluffy space bunny, anyway?
  2. Galaxies has a few annoying aspects that seem endemic to MMORPGs - with tedious cross-country treks and features that are broken upon initial release - but it still delivers a lot of varied and innovative gameplay. [Oct 2003, p.92]
  3. Though Star Wars Galaxies does have the potential of becoming a better MMORPG, the current version of the game is dull and lacks in quality.