8.6

1. May 9, 2013
    This game is just one heck of a fun game. I especially love the lightsaber fights. If you love Star Wars, I believe this is definitely a must-buy. But just remember, old games take patience with some of the puzzles, quite difficult at times.
  2. MarcP
    Sep 18, 2009
    This game is awesome. I just love it. It's enough challenging. I never expected things very good with the id Tech 3 engine, but the graphics are pretty awesome for a pretty old game. This game really deserves 9 or 10, not 4.
  3. Jun 12, 2013
    One of my favorites... ive always loved the gameplay the lightsaber choreography is probably one of the best...when you experience a lightsaber duel you feel like your having a duel and not just slicing the npc till one of you dies...now the difficulty ill be honest its not an easy game at all you will die alot but fortunatly you can save anytime anywhere u like and trust me use it asOne of my favorites... ive always loved the gameplay the lightsaber choreography is probably one of the best...when you experience a lightsaber duel you feel like your having a duel and not just slicing the npc till one of you dies...now the difficulty ill be honest its not an easy game at all you will die alot but fortunatly you can save anytime anywhere u like and trust me use it as often as possible esspecially when your facing dark jedi...the graphics well there older but very well done for the time...im not gonna go much more into it just be warned this game is not for the easily frusterated it is difficult like i said but you feel like you achieved greatness once you get past that obstacle your having trouble with or beating that boss who is kicking your ass..i recommend it to anyone who is a fan of star wars or just an action adventure or sci fi fan Expand
  4. NeoZero
    May 14, 2002
    This game have a quality that provided gamers with 3d view and awesome light-saber style!!!!
  5. Mar 7, 2012
    Jedi Outcast is an all-around great game. While the single player campaign is certainly enjoyable, the light saber battles in multi-player are what really sets this game apart from the rest. Include a generous assortment of force powers to the mix and this is one incredibly entertaining classic. You can't call yourself a Star Wars fan if you don't own this.
  6. Jul 19, 2011
    best game in my list, very fun, old, has almost everything u could possibly want in a game, has sp and mp. has custom maps, skins, mods, servers, styles, and add ons u can get for free,
    lasting gameplay-9
    fun-10
    style-9
    upgradability-10
    ur own stuff all the way
  7. Nov 15, 2012
    This was a great game when it came out, with plenty of lore, customization and a feeling for the post-trilogy Jedi scene. The depth of feeling like a Jedi has only been matched by a few other games, Kotor and Swtor and outcast namely. G4's review would be spot on if this were a new release, but compared to many games that came out around the time this one did... definitely worthy of atThis was a great game when it came out, with plenty of lore, customization and a feeling for the post-trilogy Jedi scene. The depth of feeling like a Jedi has only been matched by a few other games, Kotor and Swtor and outcast namely. G4's review would be spot on if this were a new release, but compared to many games that came out around the time this one did... definitely worthy of at least an 80% Check your calendars boys this was released in September 2003 almost ten years of gaming advancements and I still want to replay this game. Expand
  8. Mar 19, 2011
    An FPS with the story and voice acting of an RPG. If you played and liked Dark Forces 2, you'll love this game. If you played Jedi Academy.. meh, not so sure you will like it. In my opinion, It's a game that achieves in every way excepted. The fights never get old. The thrills some cutscene can bring matches with Dark Forces 2 and the films. Level design and puzzles are milestones.
    Jun 6, 2002
    40? TechTV, you should be ashamed...
  10. ChrisP.
    Mar 10, 2005
    This game was GREAT! TechTV, you guys must got somethikng wrong with your rating guys.
  11. ApologyAccepted,AdmiralMulroneycakes
    Dec 30, 2002
    It's not actively bad. In fact, it's actively good. But...there's a lot of aimless jumping around, a load of really rather dull puzzles, and a smattering of horrifyingly badly designed levels along the way. But it's good. But it's frustrating. So be careful. But play it. But be careful.
  12. MattM.
    Jul 8, 2004
    This game is awesome and challenging. Period.
  13. Dec 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ð­Ñ Expand
  14. May 21, 2012
    The best Star Wars game, period. Also, if you play on the older version 1.02 rather than the newest version 1.04 that removed a lot of features, this game requires a tremendous amount of skill. One of the all-time top skill-based games that I have played.
  15. Nov 10, 2012
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. The Multiplayer mode was intense. I remember wasting many hours a day dueling sith-spit on Bespin Streets. The Single Player levels has a striking resemblance to Dark Forces 2 in terms of design, length and difficulty.

Simply one of the best games released to PC.
  16. Apr 20, 2012
    "Jedi Outcast" is a great game. It has interesting gameplay, good level design and magnificent locations (many of them are taken from the original movies). The game really has that 'original trilogy' atmosphere. Plot isn't too complicated, but it has some good parts. The main thing in this game is a Jedi part, it is greatly done: controls are very comfortable, there are different"Jedi Outcast" is a great game. It has interesting gameplay, good level design and magnificent locations (many of them are taken from the original movies). The game really has that 'original trilogy' atmosphere. Plot isn't too complicated, but it has some good parts. The main thing in this game is a Jedi part, it is greatly done: controls are very comfortable, there are different lightsaber fighting styles, different Forces to use. Also the shooter part is funny too. Expand
  17. May 3, 2013
    If you love Star Wars based multiplayer, then you will find the most complex Saber fight system with force powers ever in Jedi Knight 2 version 1.02. It's really important to have 1.02 because they cut the whole gameplay mechanics down in the patches. JK2 steam is patched to 1.04. So you have to downgrade it if you want to have full use of weapons such as blasters, lightsabers and ofIf you love Star Wars based multiplayer, then you will find the most complex Saber fight system with force powers ever in Jedi Knight 2 version 1.02. It's really important to have 1.02 because they cut the whole gameplay mechanics down in the patches. JK2 steam is patched to 1.04. So you have to downgrade it if you want to have full use of weapons such as blasters, lightsabers and of course force powers!
    v1.02 Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eehKizfl0UM
    v1.04 Gameplay: http://youtu.be/PxcIa0UbB6Q

Downgrade the game: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7546837/JK2VersionSwitcher.rar.html
    How to: unpackage it in the gamedata folder of JK2, start the JK2vs.exe to change the version to 1.02.
    If you got any questions, feel free to visit: http://jk2ffa.freeforums.org

List why 1.03/1.04 patches ruined the game:
    Too high kicks, 2 times pressing of space for kicking (no combos anymore)
    When you are down you immediately jump up again and about 10 meters high. (no "kick down and dfa move" anymore)
    Highest saber damage you can do: 20 hp Kick damage: 4hp
    No doubles, triples anymore with special attacks
    Force powers are useless at all
    You can't aim with special attacks they made them stucked.
    You can kill only by saberthrow+kick spam or forward walking and red swing spam.
    Pull Kick yoyo or pull kick at all won't work anymore.
    Grip is useless, you can't move the contrahent by it.
    No doom throws with grip from long distances anymore.
    Movement is from SP feels like in a pudding sauce.
    No straight strafe jumping anymore no flying with adbs through several opponents
    On many servers swearing is censored and you can't kill people who pressed esc or are typing.
    If someone is shilding all the time, you won't be able to kill him maximal dmg attack: 20hp.
    No uppercut flying anymore
    No yellow/blue fast-paced swings with overlapped hits (you know when he cancels one swing to do the other the same time which leads to multi hits)
    Invisible absorb until someone uses pull/push/drain/lightning/grip
    No saberfreeze as a tactic, no saberbug-attack in grip as a counter attack.
  18. Nov 10, 2014
    Jedi Outcast was the first game that made players feel like they were in the Star Wars universe. Every music cue, sound effect, texture, object and character feel like they were pulled directly out of the film. The levels are sprawling, beautiful and immersive, making you feel like you are truly running around one of the sets from the movies. But what makes this game truly extraordinary isJedi Outcast was the first game that made players feel like they were in the Star Wars universe. Every music cue, sound effect, texture, object and character feel like they were pulled directly out of the film. The levels are sprawling, beautiful and immersive, making you feel like you are truly running around one of the sets from the movies. But what makes this game truly extraordinary is the gameplay. Never before and never since has there been a more elegant, nuanced and satisfying lightsaber mechanic in a Star Wars game. The force power system is also vastly improved here and the thrill of tossing around stormtroopers like rag dolls with the flick of a mouse never grows old. A truly epic adventure that I have installed on every computer I've owned since it was released. Expand
  19. Feb 18, 2016
    One of the very best (Star Wars) games ever made, ever. Skip it's successor 'Jedi Academy', it has inferior leveldesign. This game has it all: complex leveldesign, the sense of exploration, hard secrets, intense gameplay and fighting, the Star Wars-universe, hours and hours of fun...
  20. Oct 5, 2014
    I love the first Jedi Knight to death, so this was bound to be a disappointment for me, but it was actually surprisingly still pretty good, not as good as the first and the Mysteries of the Sith, but still pretty strong Star Wars FPS experience. 8/10
  21. Jan 16, 2014
    Simply Amazing. Overall storyline is good with great voice animation, graphics are excellent (considering it was made in 2002) and the combined use of ranged weapons, a lightsaber and the force make combat very interesting and varied. Simple things such as being able to cut off the arms of stormtroopers with your lightsaber and changing your style of lightsaber attack make the game soSimply Amazing. Overall storyline is good with great voice animation, graphics are excellent (considering it was made in 2002) and the combined use of ranged weapons, a lightsaber and the force make combat very interesting and varied. Simple things such as being able to cut off the arms of stormtroopers with your lightsaber and changing your style of lightsaber attack make the game so good. I've played the game for about 12 years and still haven't got bored or tired of it! Certainly a game I'll remember for a long time. If you don't have it then why are you reading this? It's only £7 on steam!!!!! :) Expand
  22. Oct 15, 2015
    My favorite Star Wars title to this day. The combat is fast, complex, challenging, and fun. The light saber mechanics can be a little wonky at first, but it just takes a little getting used to. The level design is intricate and expansive, but sometimes can make you feel lost as the path forward is not always obvious. This game does not hold your hand and can be very difficult, especiallyMy favorite Star Wars title to this day. The combat is fast, complex, challenging, and fun. The light saber mechanics can be a little wonky at first, but it just takes a little getting used to. The level design is intricate and expansive, but sometimes can make you feel lost as the path forward is not always obvious. This game does not hold your hand and can be very difficult, especially if you choose to simply rush into everything. It's best to save often, as the level designers love to leave sneaky tricks such as trip bombs, rooms full of snipers or grenadiers, and first timer traps. What, did you think being a Jedi mercenary was going to be easy? Boss fights can be a real bear, as the the main villain and his number two will fling your bantha-herding butt around like a rag doll if you let them. I highly recommend using the dismemberment cheat (it's not really a cheat so much as a hidden setting, as it affects you as well). This will make the saber combat much more fulfilling when you win a fight, as well as sobering when you lose one (there's been many a time that some sith sent my head bouncing down a flight of stairs because I grew overconfident). I also recommend keeping a dedicated save file for the level with the huge hangar, as with the appropriate cheats you can spawn hordes of enemy sith for a massive saber battle (Be aware that spawning too many can cause the game to crash, but that's usually more than 50). Want to see Luke fight Desann? Spawn some with cheats and pop some popcorn! Be prepared to sweep up Luke's chopped up bits, though, because he's a bit of a weenie. Anyway, this game will leave you with great memories if you can forgive its little flaws and aging graphics. Despite its problems, I give this game a 10/10 because I still feel compelled to play it, even though its been 13 years since its release. You will probably never find a game that will make you feel more like a real Jedi than Jedi Outcast. Expand
  23. Nov 3, 2015
    11/10 The graphics weren´t incredible for the year but... with some mods thats no Problem.
    This game on the Pc is a masterpiece, and the Multiplayer sistem is Brutal. i´ve spend more than 800 Hours on the Multiplayer, Its poor PVP.
    The story was fine, would be so great if they could make a movie out of this game. Still fun to play in 2015, but as a game from the 2002 must say that Jedi
    Still fun to play in 2015, but as a game from the 2002 must say that Jedi knight II Jedi Outcast ist the best Starwars game ever created,
  24. Mar 21, 2016
    A star wars game anyone can enjoy. A story about revenge and redemption, with a fun gameplay. The level designs are diverse and fun and has one of the best difficulty systems.
  25. May 28, 2016
    Excellent followup to Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. A good continuation of the Kyle Katarn story with some graphical improvements, added features to lightsaber battling, and an intriguing storyline (love the cameos).
  26. Jul 5, 2016
    Being a person that loves lists, and especially making my own, I could not resist but make a JK's (my initials are fitting) Top 10 PC Games of All Time list. On this list, at number 2 sat: JK II: Jedi Outcast. Why you ask? The answer is simple and straightforward; obscure and even malicious to an extent.
    Shi**in bricks while playing this game might be called an understatement.
    The
    Shi**in bricks while playing this game might be called an understatement.

The graphics, animation, sound and music, all flamboyant material. A top notch grade. That doesn't make a game go on the top 10 list however. We would have hundreds upon hundreds of top games if that were the case. Here comes the kicker: Its the gameplay.

When I tried the Force Unleashed; a spasm ran through my body, intensifying to a strong belch; it was nigh impossible to contain the gushing flow of half digested bodily fluids about to break free from my belly. At last I contained it. Why did I experience this spasm? Due to simple mechanics: a click of the button made my character make a somersault and slash the enemy straight in the face. *vomit now loading*

Not here; in JK: you are the sword (or the saber rather). Every move Kyle executes is based on your input. You can of course click as if you are playing Cookie Clicker, but it would only amount to your immediate death. You had to learn the saber, and learn to fight like a Jedi.
    Rant ended.

To this day I vividly remember: the family all moved to the living room to watch some movie, I was in the room with the monitor, smashing it hard. For 3 hours I was in sweet oblivion, fighting Tavion! What a fight that was! Till this day, one of the strongest gaming experiences in my life. For that fight alone, and for those sweet, unforgettable 3 hours this game get's a 10 and a ticket to the Hall of Fame.
    May the Force flow through you!
  27. Jul 19, 2016
    Its still an all around great game. The graphics were great to look at back in the day and they aged ok. The single player campaign is a very enjoyable experience. The multiplayer is one of the best I've played

1. As pleasurable to gaze on as Leia, as cheekily charming as Solo, and as ingenious as Lando's moustache. [PC Gamer UK]
  2. The Force is strong with this polished first-person shooter.
  3. PC Gamer
    If you can make it through the uninspired first third, you'll be treated to one of the prettiest, coolest, most compelling shooters released in the past year. [June 2002, p.65]