Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic PC

9.0

1. Oct 10, 2017
    This game is a marvel, with amazing characters, voice acting, music, and an AMAZING story. Even the combat was extremely enjoyable. This is the pinnacle of Bioware's legendary story telling.
  2. Jul 31, 2017
    Best Star Wars game ever. I know i missed out on it back in the day cause i was like 1 years old.I only wish i could have played it when it came out. I absolutely love the game with all my heart.The music,the story,the characters,the mini games,the quests. It's just too good. And that plot near the end its just unbelievable. It brought a lot of joy into my heart. And also the 2nd gameBest Star Wars game ever. I know i missed out on it back in the day cause i was like 1 years old.I only wish i could have played it when it came out. I absolutely love the game with all my heart.The music,the story,the characters,the mini games,the quests. It's just too good. And that plot near the end its just unbelievable. It brought a lot of joy into my heart. And also the 2nd game too.Its just too good.
    I'm pretty sad that they never made a 3rd game :(
  3. May 29, 2017
    Easily the best RPG ever made. The only possible drawback is its combat system, but even that can prove enjoyable and challenging at times. Except for that, I'd be hard-pressed to find any more flaws in the game. The story is hands down amazing, characters are some of the best I've ever seen and I can't give BioWare enough credit for not dumbing it down in the slightest. A pity that theyEasily the best RPG ever made. The only possible drawback is its combat system, but even that can prove enjoyable and challenging at times. Except for that, I'd be hard-pressed to find any more flaws in the game. The story is hands down amazing, characters are some of the best I've ever seen and I can't give BioWare enough credit for not dumbing it down in the slightest. A pity that they haven't made a good game since. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't own this masterpiece. Expand
  4. May 8, 2017
    This game has the best story of any game I have ever played. This is a masterpiece, and anytime anyone mentions the best game ever, this immediately comes to mind. Sure, it may have a few glitches and bugs, but these are more than compensated for.
  5. Apr 8, 2017
    Да в те времена Биовар еще делала игры, а не старалась угодить геям и феминисткам - SWKOTOR настоящий шедевр, сюжет, персонажи, мир звездных войн в который веришь, а уж главный сюжетный поворот поспорит с "Люк я твой отец"/
    Увы сейчас такие игры больше не делают - и таже Биовар тоже к сожалению.
    Увы сейчас такие игры больше не делают - и таже Биовар тоже к сожалению.
  6. Mar 1, 2017
    Сказочная атмосфера оригинальной трилогии, туча отсылок к ней, неожиданные повороты, интересный сюжет, персонажи и диалоги. В итоге одна из лучших рпг, одна из лучших игр по ЗВ и одна из последних хороших рпг от биоваров.
    Стим версия отвратительна, вейлв как всегда насрала на все
    Стим версия отвратительна, вейлв как всегда насрала на все
  7. Oct 31, 2016
    Firstly according to my save files i have played for around 37 hr and 51 min , but i guess with game overs reloading save files etc i am close to 40 hrs.

I played as the light side for 90% of the time or so Pro - Great gameplay. I will say this it works, yes there a far better gameplay out there but it works and plays just fine. - The soundtrack - The sidequest , some very good

I played as the light side for 90% of the time or so

Pro
    - The soundtrack
    - The sidequest , some very good and intersting side quests and some few of them cant be done if you progress the main quest to far
    - Very good story/plot
    - Interesting characters/ companions , all with there own reason to join you etc. Like Hk-47, Carth , Bastila and Juhani for exemple.
    - A solid rpg with some hard choises
    - A game that does`nt hold you hand and show you where to go
    - Just hard enough
    - (Replaybilites) Haven`t checked this out but due to you can be both the dark side and light side and with multiple endings and choises i guess the game could easily warant 2 or 3 playtroughs.
    - More then decent voice acting

Cons
    - I dont really have any here either

The best space rpg if you can call it that i know of beside perhaps mass effect 2.
    Highly recommended if you really like rpgs , no matter wether or not if you really are a star wars fan or not. Quickly become one of my favourite games and screw that last boss Malak.

I decided to put my steam reviewe for this game here as i just finished kotor 2 too. Witch also will be reviewed.
  8. Oct 2, 2016
    Absolute classic !
    The only game until now where your choices really matters. I'm still waiting for another game where you have this amount of freedom to develop your character to a shining hero or a cruel villain. No Witcher or Mass Effect can give me that.
  9. Aug 2, 2016
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the game that Star Wars fans dream of. The game's compelling story, awesome plot twist, and the ability to choose how you go about your journey makes it one of the best Star Wars games ever made.
  10. Jul 27, 2016
    On par with Mass Effect 2 and better than Dragon Age: Origins. I feel like this is one of the greatest RPG's of all time but that isn't nostalgia talking... (since this is my second time playing this game after a year first trying KOTOR.) I feel that this game deserves a place in the top 100 video games of all time.

I'll spare you the details but the major positives for this game are

I'll spare you the details but the major positives for this game are amazing character development, great story, good pacing and lots of actions and missions to play, with the interesting characters and missions you cannot help but take your sweet time enjoying what KOTOR has to offer. It's like the father of Mass Effect.. Even as a old game it's worth playing for the story and the plot twist is probably one of the greatest plot twists told in video game history and I'm not overreacting when I say this. It also tells one of thr best star wars story even better then the orginal trilogy in terms of orginal story. Shame it has to be ruined by further star wars lore but that's a different story.

Although the character development isn't as strong as Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins which doesn't give you enough dialogue to appreciate the character. It was enough to give the character some back story. Shame that certain characters are favored, treating them with more dialogue options than the ladder which as I said disappoints me because some characters I felt like were more for cannon fodder rather than a buddy in your squad. (T3m4 and zallbar are some examples) The dialogue in KOTOR is also very black and white.. (aka Dark Side and Light Side) and also I felt like some dialogue whatever you choose led to the same dialogue outcome even without a dialogue change. The dialogue isn't strong like Mass Effect but strong enough to care about what's going on. But the characters comments throughout missions are intereating to hear which makes every encounter different then the last playthrough. Also story progresses very well... Pacing is great and even though the story is quite linear with the only big differences is in the end. I found the planets you explore was well thought out and fun to play through with levithan and taris being personal favourites, the only map I didin't like was the final area. Where the difficultly and final boss were suddenly difficult and tedious to play through if you didin't properly set up or built your character.

Also a problem I have with this game is 2 things... 1 has to be the combat, it feels outdated... But it was the best combat for these types of rpgs where combat isn't just a point and click but it varies on dice rolls and different character builds. In the end thought it feels like I'm playing baldur's gate which is okay and acceptable at times but it's sometimes can be tedious and undeniably punishing if you choose force powers/feats and skill points incorrectly. But rewarding if choose it correctly. So take your time and read through the descriptions and understand the game... otherwise you'll make a mistake forcing you to reset the game or continue because points cannot be reverted unless with a previous save. Also the game is poorly optimized for this generation of computer hardware... AMD's cards cannot even start the game without certain graphic settings turned off and the effects such as smoke, fog and explosions give me a drastic change in FPS dipping to the low 10's and in rare cases crashes the game. The game poorly runs even as a old game... I had older games run better than KOTOR so that's no excuse.

I usually don't recommend games to anyone in my review but this will be an exception.... If you haven't played this game, play it. Even if you aren't a huge fan of star wars like me... Play this game right now... this game was a lot of fun. You will love everything about this game, sure it's a pain to setup on a new computer with windows 7 but it's honestly worth it. If you liked Star Wars or any other bioware game or if you like good rpgs... then play this game, you won't regret it. I stated before that this could be one of the greatest games ever... But this is for sure the best star wars game out there.
  11. Jul 17, 2016
    A classic, no doubt. So glad I stood the test of keep playing it in-spite of its outdated graphics. One of the best Star Wars stories ever told, It took it's time impressing me, I was thinking maybe it was good for its time or something, but boy was I wrong. One voice actor Catherine Taber also unmistakably voices Padme in Clone Wars. Although the other battles were a singe, the finalA classic, no doubt. So glad I stood the test of keep playing it in-spite of its outdated graphics. One of the best Star Wars stories ever told, It took it's time impressing me, I was thinking maybe it was good for its time or something, but boy was I wrong. One voice actor Catherine Taber also unmistakably voices Padme in Clone Wars. Although the other battles were a singe, the final battle was a true challenge. With great challenging puzzles, awesome mini games, it truly is a game that should not be missed, if you're a fan of Bioware and Star Wars. Expand
  12. May 24, 2016
    My approach to the game to say the least was with serious doubts because of my taste of science fiction games by the time or rather dis-likeness to this kind of film and game genre. It turned out to be positive disappointment.

It's important to mention endless glitches, bugs, crashes that most likely resulted from operational system I played on (Windows 10).
  13. Apr 29, 2016
    One of the gems that escaped me on it's release and I'm glad to say that the legend is real. Fantastic RPG. From todays point of view, visuals look a bit dated, interface and inventory might not be the best and especially towards the end it's probably way too much black & white, light vs dark cliche, but other than that, most of the game is extremely good. Captivating story, interestingOne of the gems that escaped me on it's release and I'm glad to say that the legend is real. Fantastic RPG. From todays point of view, visuals look a bit dated, interface and inventory might not be the best and especially towards the end it's probably way too much black & white, light vs dark cliche, but other than that, most of the game is extremely good. Captivating story, interesting characters and quests, sense of adventure and travelling between different planets on your ship with your crew. Bioware did a great job here. Amazing Star Wars experience that should not be missed. Curious about the sequel now. 9/10 Expand
  14. Apr 17, 2016
    The best thing to have ever happened to Star Wars. KOTOR's story is unlike anything else. Any true Star Wars fan or fan of video games in general needs to get over the aged gameplay elements and graphics in order see one of the most genius video game stories in history.
  15. Apr 12, 2016
    Awesome plot, great characters, good gameplay, beautiful locations... only a few bugs and technical problems give it "only" 9/10!

This is probably one of the best games of all times.
  16. Mar 21, 2016
    A really great game with a great cast and amazing twists this game is considered the best for a reason. However it has the black and white mentality and it doesn't have real moral problems. All actions are considered good or evil which makes it a bit one dimensional but it still is a masterpiece and is a must play for all star wars fans!
  17. Jan 23, 2016
    Played this when I was 13... 13 years later I came back to it, and it is just as good as the first time. Very captivating story line, decent acting for a video game (especially from 2003), and great for any Star Wars fan or even for those not familiar with the series. All I can say is, PLAY THIS GAME. It is like watching a movie which you control. You will not regret it.
  18. Jan 23, 2016
    After 10 years I decided to play this game again. And it is still a great game:
    After 10 years I decided to play this game again. And it is still a great game:
    + Star Wars feeling is inside. Graphics looks good even today if you install some mods.Especially you should modifiy your resolution to 1080p, which works perfectly with Flawless widescreen. The dialogs for the evil way is brilliant. The story makes you feel to want play more. Alltogethert this is surely the best Star Wars game with Kotor 2 and one of the best RPG of all time, but it is not quite in the same class like Fallout 1, Gothic or Baldurs Gate. Why?
    - The gameplay and the game itself are too easy. The controlling is consolish, so a bit annoying.
  19. Jan 6, 2016
    My favorite game of all time If you are into old style RPGs you will love this game. Think slightly more modern with Baldur's Gate. No isometric view and closer up look at your character but still has that turn-based combat. Amazing story as well and great characters. Even if you aren't into an older RPG you will still love this game based on the great story and stellar gameplay. This gameMy favorite game of all time If you are into old style RPGs you will love this game. Think slightly more modern with Baldur's Gate. No isometric view and closer up look at your character but still has that turn-based combat. Amazing story as well and great characters. Even if you aren't into an older RPG you will still love this game based on the great story and stellar gameplay. This game is what inspire Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins how can you say you don't love it. Expand
  20. Jan 4, 2016
    I love this game. It's clear. BUT. This is a piece of **** as RPG. The Story is Fantastic, but with this gameplay...
    I think in an other Universe it's only 2 points, but in SW 8
  21. Jan 2, 2016
    KotOR is one of the most memorable games of all time. The first time I played it, was at least 10 years ago, but as soon as you mention any or the planets or characters, memories come flowing back as if it was yesterday. Just think for a second about Manaan, Kashyyyk, Rakatan, Taris, Bastilla, the Star Forge, Ebon Hawk, ect.
  22. Nov 6, 2015
    This game is honestly amazing! one of the best games I have ever played! even though its over 10 years old! still has a better story than most games today. you should be silly to miss out on playing this games its a must have game for any star wars fan!
  23. Nov 4, 2015
    Are you a fan of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale? Then this game is a must play. It's a classic Bioware RPG. Obviously, it's not Medieval style, but set in space and instead of magic you get the Force.

PROS: - good, compelling plot - your "band of misfits" and team progression - variety of worlds to explore - "detective" quests - character development - background and enhancement

PROS:
    - good, compelling plot
    - your "band of misfits" and team progression
    - variety of worlds to explore
    - "detective" quests
    - character development
    - background and enhancement of Star Wars lore
    - old school gameplay mechanics with pausable combat
    - lightsabers
    - graphics is oldish nowadays, but it's still cool

MEH:
    - I believe the soundtrack doesn't try hard enough, it could be better, with more obvious themes for different planets
    - shopping is kind of optional, you can get by with items found on dead bodies and looted from chests

CONS:
    - pazaak gambling gets boring, Witcher made gambling much more interesting
    - some bugs, for example your companions frequently block your way or start the fight when you intend to just sneak by

Before playing KOTOR I wasn't a huge fan of Star Wars lore. Now I begin to like it all! The game gives you a lot of background and information on specific races, planets, history of the galaxy. It's definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played! Prepare for 40 hours of awesome story!

GAMEPLAY 9/10

GRAPHICS 8/10

AUDIO 7/10

STORY 10/10
  24. Nov 1, 2015
    One of the best game ever made!! the history is worth of a movie , the characters are amazing revan,malak,bastilla, mission etc.epic soundtrack, light / dark side shifts, puzzles, force powers, change characters, different endings.This game has everything!! search your feelings you know it to be true...
  25. Oct 21, 2015
    One of the most epic games I;ve ever played. even over a decade old, I find myself reinstalling and replaying, one of the best storylines, gameplay mechanics and sound effects in gaming history. Voice acting as well can not be understated. two names Star wars, and Bioware.. so you know your in for the ride of your life
  26. Oct 1, 2015
    Best star wars game ever made. I would also go as far as saying greatest star wars story of all time. The combat is very deep and there are multiple ways to play out the story.
  27. Aug 19, 2015
    Awesome story, Great gameplay, Massive open world, Cool Characters. If this game was bug free it would be the best game ever! (check community patches and mods)
  28. Jul 14, 2015
    After playing it again I realized, again, that this is one of the best RPGs ever produced and definately the best Star Wars game ever released. Story telling, gameplay, universe and characters are epic!

If you never tried KOTOR, your life is meaningless. :D MTFBWY!
  29. Jul 10, 2015
    - Good: Story, Manaan, Ending (Dark Side), Companions, Character progression, Setting, Pacing
    - Mixed: Combat system, Atmosphere/Mood, Exploration
    - Bad: Hitboxes, AI, Slow and boring start Very solid game with a few negatives. Very enjoyable story line with great ending. Some great locations like mannan, imo best location in the game. Character progression is good but combat system
    - Mixed: Combat system, Atmosphere/Mood, Exploration
    - Bad: Hitboxes, AI, Slow and boring start

Very solid game with a few negatives. Very enjoyable story line with great ending. Some great locations like mannan, imo best location in the game. Character progression is good but combat system is lacking mostly because bad enemy AI and bugs. Exploration/Movement/Camera work is mediocre, hitboxes are broken, UI is mess, u cant find **** in this game. Start of the game is pretty boring story wise but after Taris is much much better.
  30. Jul 8, 2015
    I could give this game a 10 for reasons relating to nostalgia alone but after playing it again in early 2015 after snagging a copy off the may the 4th be with you sale i realized something. THIS GAME IS STILL SUPER FUN AFTER BEING 12 YEARS OLD. it also hurts me to say its slightly younger than my younger brother and Ive already by far have spent more time on this game than i have with him

1. Game Informer
    The level of control that you have over your characters' actions is truly remarkable... Simply put, this is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the original trilogy. [Feb 2004, p.112]
  2. This is a class act that builds and extends the Star Wars game franchise and PC gamers are getting something their kindred XBOX owners loved to bits and will not be disappointed in any way.
  3. It offers some pretty fundamental improvements over the Xbox version and stands as one of the best PC RPGs out there.