9.0

1. MarkO
    Jan 3, 2010
    KOTOR is truly a great rpg. The game immerses the player in the Star Wars universe, and It has some of the best voice acting and stories that I have heard in an RPG to date (and this is 2010). There's actually a focused and captivating story unlike most rpgs in the market today. I didn't really find any problems with the interface or gameplay (for its time). I really enjoyed KOTOR is truly a great rpg. The game immerses the player in the Star Wars universe, and It has some of the best voice acting and stories that I have heard in an RPG to date (and this is 2010). There's actually a focused and captivating story unlike most rpgs in the market today. I didn't really find any problems with the interface or gameplay (for its time). I really enjoyed Candorous' stories of the Mandalorian Wars, for example. They were compact with imagery and none of the dialogue seems superfluous. I seriously don't understand why this game should get anything less than a 9. I have played nearly every Star Wars game to date (and certainly many rpgs) and KOTOR is definitely one that sets the standards high. Don't be fooled by the low reviews. If you're a fan of rpgs, this is a must have. Expand
  2. ChrisM.
    Feb 11, 2004
    This game is bloody awesome. No doubt about it. An involving story, deep gameplay mechanics and great graphics all put together. This is one of those you won't be able to put down. Rightly so to. One of the best games ever.
  3. AnonymousMC
    Sep 6, 2009
    this is still the best game i have ever played.
    I used to play RPG's on the odd occasion and i hated starwars.
    This game made me love RPG's and *like* star wars films. This has one of the most engrosing stories and flushed out (if annoying at times) characters. If you played Mass Effect and like it, i can tell you this: Mass Effect is a poor mans KOTOR. (even though
    this is still the best game i have ever played.
    I used to play RPG's on the odd occasion and i hated starwars.
    This game made me love RPG's and *like* star wars films.

Mass Effect is a poor mans KOTOR. (even though Mass Effect was awesome too just cannot hold a candle to KOTOR)
  4. RutgerdeB.
    Apr 12, 2004
    This game is really insane!! A game for anyone who love to game. A good RPG, great action and afcourse: it's all in the Star Wars world!!! i recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a game at this moment! you won't regret!
  5. BryanN.
    Mar 15, 2005
    This was the best game i ever played in year 2004 as i 'received' it late...it was aat the end of the year when NFSU2 came out. After playing KOTOR for a couple of hours, i completely forgotten NFSU2 and whenever i switched on the com, it would be KOTOR until i finished the old game. This is one superb game, with excellent and amazing story line.
  6. Majeure
    Apr 30, 2005
    A simply fun game, great for RPG and non-RPGers alike. For the most part, was pretty easy (even the final battle wasn't a challenge) and has one of the best stories you can get, with some interesting plot twists. Recommended for [hardcore] fans and non. The only complaint of mine would be that the beginning is a little bit to rushed. Overall, I say everyone should give this game a try.
  7. Aguest
    May 6, 2005
    anybody who gives it LESS than 10 needs to stop being a jackass and open the doors of perception..their crappy opinions aside, this game is the "game of the year" for 2003.
  8. NickS.
    Jan 5, 2006
    i want to point out a few things. 1) it may be a point and click but there is lots of stadegy and you must forge a good charicter. i love it, best rpg (except NWN) 2) did anyone but me notice that "lumpem F." and "Rob B." both said "Flawless graphics... great story... one problem... etc." exactly the same? and also, one was rated 3 and the other was 2 but said "yes, only 3" meaning thats i want to point out a few things. 1) it may be a point and click but there is lots of stadegy and you must forge a good charicter. i love it, best rpg (except NWN) 2) did anyone but me notice that "lumpem F." and "Rob B." both said "Flawless graphics... great story... one problem... etc." exactly the same? and also, one was rated 3 and the other was 2 but said "yes, only 3" meaning thats the vote he ment. i smell something fishy, i dont like this. this game definatly diserves a better total than 8 point something. this game rocks. Expand
  9. PatG.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Star Wars forever!!!!
  10. JeffR.
    Jan 3, 2004
    Hands down one of the best games i've ever played, and easily the best game of the year. you may notice that the only negative review at the bottom is from someone who hasnt even played through much of the game - and when you go into playing a game expecting it to be exactly the same as another that you really enjoyed (in this case neverwinter nights), you set yourself up to beHands down one of the best games i've ever played, and easily the best game of the year. you may notice that the only negative review at the bottom is from someone who hasnt even played through much of the game - and when you go into playing a game expecting it to be exactly the same as another that you really enjoyed (in this case neverwinter nights), you set yourself up to be disappointed every time it is not. i went into KOTOR with no real expectations, and was incredibly pleased with what it turned out to be. an incredibly immersive plot in which i truly cared about the main characters, well written and well acted dialogue that was able to make me laugh out loud or raise the hairs on the back of my neck, a fantastic, extremely believable story with some very well placed twists, a world that was expansive and open-ended, and a combat system that rivals the best i've ever played with. igor below pointed out its differences from NWN as faults, but in truth he's really comparing apples with oranges - it was necessary that your character be restricted to the one race because the plot would simply not work if you were a wookie or a twi'lek. you are able to fashion a class for yourself by choosing specific feats and powers, and are not restricted at all to a certain path that you chose at the beginning of the game. the further down the road you go the more advanced and specialized weaponry becomes available, but would it really be conducive to the star wars universe to have hundreds of different kinds of blasters, all with their own name? i feel genuinely bad for igor that he's unable to appreciate this game for what it is, all because he didnt want to be playing KOTOR; he wanted to be playing NWN. i've found that the interface is very inuitive after a few hours of use, and the game is graphically incredible. all in all, KOTOR is an amazing and inspiring game the likes of which are very rare to come by. do yourself a favor and check it out if you have the 60+ hours to spare, as it will not be soon forgotten. Expand
  11. JurijG.
    Oct 8, 2004
    Path you'll choose is being known. Not me to be your guide, your deeds make what you are.
  12. WillV.
    Feb 21, 2004
    I am not a fan of RPGs. I didn't even finish Neverwinter Nights. But this game is an exception. I love it!
  13. J.-P.R.
    Feb 2, 2004
    Best story ever!!! Just try not to shudder when the plot unfolds, and not to pause when confronted to moral issues.
  14. RalphW.
    Feb 26, 2004
    This has been the best game I have played in ages. I can nevr sit through RPGs because they usually tend to get boring. With this one I defintly had that old familiar feeling of, just another ten minutes. The story grabs you and transports you to another universe. My only main criticsm was the inventory system and that I found the final battle frustratingly hard.
  15. WilliamT.
    Jun 27, 2004
    This is one of the best games I have ever played.
  16. ArygoV.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Nice story, nice game. Would be better if the game play was not like an rpg type game, I'm still waiting for something like jedi knight : jedi academy, it's more fun.
  17. MetaPhysical
    Dec 5, 2006
    The pinnacle of Star Wars gaming, KotOR takes RPG gaming into a seamless world with an amazing plot riddledwith twists and turns, an impressivly playable combat system, and excellent interactivity.
  18. AnonymousMC
    Apr 13, 2007
    All I would like to say is that this game ROCKS!!!!! Justin K has no idea what he is talking about and must be about 4 years old. This is an instant classic, with an INCREDIBLE storyline (amazing plot twist about 2/3 through thje game). In fact, its nice that you don't start off as a Jedi, because than everything would be so easy! Plus it would make the storyline worse, if anything.All I would like to say is that this game ROCKS!!!!! Justin K has no idea what he is talking about and must be about 4 years old. This is an instant classic, with an INCREDIBLE storyline (amazing plot twist about 2/3 through thje game). In fact, its nice that you don't start off as a Jedi, because than everything would be so easy! Plus it would make the storyline worse, if anything. And Mr Justin K stated that all missions require killing someone. OK.... since when is Star Wars about being a Pacifist? Secondly, I know many missions that don't require action. What about the murder case that you can act Arbiter in on the planet Manaan? What about swoop racing or pazaak playing? Justin K.'s review couldn't be further off. This is the Star Wars Game for Star Wars haters, and the RPG game for RPG haters. If you haven't bought this game yet, and you call yourself a gamer, I'm sorry, but you aren't a gamer. This is a true classic. Grand Theft Auto is not a true classic. Expand
  19. GenevieveF
    Dec 30, 2009
    This was the first Star Wars game I played, and I was and still are amazed over the game play,the story line and the way you can played it without getting bored. Absolutely a great game.
  20. AnonymousMC
    Feb 23, 2009
    this is the game i will tell my kids about and i will hopefully never forget, every feat in this game is intriguing and the characters are classic the graphics are great for its time the problems that i encountered are none i can complain about if only the soldier gunnerey class was better
  21. SeanM
    Sep 26, 2009
    The best Star Wars based game ever, hands down. One of the best RPGs of all time. The depth of character and choice-paths expressed in this game are hard to find even today.
  22. JonA
    Jan 24, 2010
    The people who gave this game 0's failed to realize that the game is an RPG. Do yourselves a favor and learn to read. The game is one of the most amazing gaming experience I have had in a while. The story is gripping until the end. There are various plot twists, one in particular is in the same league as "Luke, I am your father" (Just do yourself a favor and do not read anything that The people who gave this game 0's failed to realize that the game is an RPG. Do yourselves a favor and learn to read. The game is one of the most amazing gaming experience I have had in a while. The story is gripping until the end. There are various plot twists, one in particular is in the same league as "Luke, I am your father" (Just do yourself a favor and do not read anything that could possbly ruin the story for you...believe me, the plot twist is that awesome). The depth of each character and each setting is so deep that you'll constantly want to hear more about them. The gameplay is unique and feels like an MMORPG. It is turn based, but not in the Final Fantasy sense. Anyone expecting a hack n' slash game (like most of the people who gave the game low scores) look elsewhere. But for those who want a deep gaming experience, trust me this is one of the best of all time. Expand
  23. KingslerL.
    Nov 15, 2003
    Excellent and beyond.
    Dec 21, 2003
    This is a great RPG, very good gameplay, much to do, good storyline for the star wars fans, some nice mini-games - In short: The best RPG of this year.
  25. MatthieuR.
    Dec 7, 2003
    This just in: Igor is a fool! This game rocks, on any platform. Amazingly deep and immersive, I love this game.
  26. Chimp
    Nov 11, 2004
    Absolutely amazing. The gameplay is amazing, but the Star Wars feel is so well done, especially the alien voice. Tons of things to do including numerous sidquests, such as collecting bounties, helping people find lost droids, to name 2 out of about 400. The best computer RPG ive played in years. However: I still think Call of Duty should of won Game of The Year in PCGAMER with this Absolutely amazing. The gameplay is amazing, but the Star Wars feel is so well done, especially the alien voice. Tons of things to do including numerous sidquests, such as collecting bounties, helping people find lost droids, to name 2 out of about 400. The best computer RPG ive played in years. However: I still think Call of Duty should of won Game of The Year in PCGAMER with this definitely RPG of the year. But if you even remotely love RPGs, and you have a computer or XBOX, you would be foolish to get the game, as the most it can cost is $20. Expand
  27. BennettM.
    Jan 23, 2004
    Rob B. is a moron. I give KotOR 50/10.
  28. RobC.
    Feb 14, 2004
    KOTOR is one of the best-designed games I have played in a long time. I have recently been playing both Morrowind and KOTOR and between the two, I have been very busy. KOTOR was, at first, frustrating with the combat system. Once I turned off the auto-pause feature, it quickly turned my interest into high gear. No one company will ever make the "perfect" RPG. There will always be some KOTOR is one of the best-designed games I have played in a long time. I have recently been playing both Morrowind and KOTOR and between the two, I have been very busy. KOTOR was, at first, frustrating with the combat system. Once I turned off the auto-pause feature, it quickly turned my interest into high gear. No one company will ever make the "perfect" RPG. There will always be some aspects to be included or left out of every game. This is the main reason I play both ESIII and KOTOR. If I feel like slaughtering a village, ESIII, if I feel like journeying into Star Wars friendly territory, KOTOR. In my opinion, both are excellent games, despite the miniscule flaws. Expand
  29. MarioB.
    Sep 28, 2004
    Great game!!! two thumbs up!
  30. FrederickS.
    Dec 15, 2005
    The absolute pinnacle of gaming in the Star Wars universe.

1. Game Informer
    The level of control that you have over your characters' actions is truly remarkable... Simply put, this is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the original trilogy. [Feb 2004, p.112]
  2. This is a class act that builds and extends the Star Wars game franchise and PC gamers are getting something their kindred XBOX owners loved to bits and will not be disappointed in any way.
  3. It offers some pretty fundamental improvements over the Xbox version and stands as one of the best PC RPGs out there.