8.8

1. Feb 9, 2012
    For a game released in 2005, it is very nice to look at if you run it at the highest settings. There is no option in-game to run it in 1920x1080, however you can easily edit the game file with notepad to run it in 1080. Easily found with a Google search. Anyone saying, especially in 2005, that the graphics sucked is either completely full of it or was running it on the lowest settings.For a game released in 2005, it is very nice to look at if you run it at the highest settings. There is no option in-game to run it in 1920x1080, however you can easily edit the game file with notepad to run it in 1080. Easily found with a Google search. Anyone saying, especially in 2005, that the graphics sucked is either completely full of it or was running it on the lowest settings. Gameplay is fantastic if you can get past the linear progression of the game, however I found it pleasing to not have to do much backtracking to unlock doors or find keys, etc. Also if the game weren't linear, there would not have been such large levels. The levels are spread out very well with different terrains being introduced regularly. Could have introduced more diversity with bad guys. Mostly stay the same throughout, however each level introduces more super battle droids and destroyer droids, adding to the difficulty as the game progresses. Too short, but that is very common with shooter in general, especially linear ones.

Don't know anything about multiplayer, only played the single player campaign. One of the best Star Wars games of all time, and probably the best Star Wars game since Tie Fighter.

The story was fantastic. Don't want to give away spoilers, but it is very engaging for being a linear shooter. Read the companion book series by Karen Traviss if you like the story of this game, her books in the commando series are very deep and I love her writing style which features very diverse personalities considering they're all clones. Overall, it is a solid 8/10 in 2012, was a 9.5/10 in 2005. As such I am giving it a 10 because it is a seven year old game and I couldn't give a 9.5, so I'm rounding up.
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    This game was awesome--reviewers are retarded and suck at games. The knife punch is the coolest melee attack in any shooter to date.

The ending almost ruined the game for me though, it took me a few weeks, but then I realized how brilliant the ending was and how much I liked the game. Republic Commandos is one of the most badly needed sequels in all of gaming.
  3. Jan 1, 2012
    I just recently purchased this game and after playing through it, I was extremely impressed with lucas arts take on the commando side of star wars instead of jedi's/rebels etc. The squad AI was good and the commands were great too, I always liked having them take point and you backing them up. Weapons were good, level design and enemies were also pretty good as well. There are some minorI just recently purchased this game and after playing through it, I was extremely impressed with lucas arts take on the commando side of star wars instead of jedi's/rebels etc. The squad AI was good and the commands were great too, I always liked having them take point and you backing them up. Weapons were good, level design and enemies were also pretty good as well. There are some minor problems such as some poor AI behavior and also the lack of coop support and a short single player campaign.. Other then that I was pretty satisfied with this game. Expand
  4. Apr 5, 2011
    Absolutely amazing! It was really difficult and I loved the sense of working in a team. The night vision was really atmospheric, which made fighting in the dark very realistic. I recommend this game to anyone who looks for the darker side of Star Wars.
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    This game was created for star wars fans and for the movies nearly everyone should know and love, it has fun shooting gamepaly yet typical from most games, but this beats COD BO by far, its a true gamers game, good story love the blood from the driods that doesnt make sense but it gets me into it way more
    graphics-yea whats this who cares about GRAPHICS
    Lasting gameplay-7
    Story- 8.3
    Style-9.1
  6. Mar 9, 2012
    One of the best star wars games out there, from the moment you execute the game you will face its great soundtrack, great graphics for its time and a superb story, by the end of the game, even though there arent that many dialogues and character's insight, you will fall to desperation as the last few minutes of the campaign goes to an end, one of the most interesting and well made endingsOne of the best star wars games out there, from the moment you execute the game you will face its great soundtrack, great graphics for its time and a superb story, by the end of the game, even though there arent that many dialogues and character's insight, you will fall to desperation as the last few minutes of the campaign goes to an end, one of the most interesting and well made endings ever!

The only bad thing is the lack of COOP, and lack of a more realistic multiplayer, since the one in the game is way more arcade and simple than the singleplayer, some good ideas to coop would be a survival mode against hordes of droids... where are the droids in the multiplayer?!

Now please lucas arts, give me a sequel!!!!!!
  7. Dec 30, 2010
    This game is an Fun and enjoyable,i can not say how much fun i had play this game, and it is got to be one of the funnest game i have played. if you love star wars games and first person shooters you'll love this game
  8. Sep 16, 2011
    This game combines wonderful graphics and a unique and quality gameplay twist with tried-and-true shooter characteristics. If anyone tells you otherwise, they're crazy. The story is actually interesting which - for me, anyway - is a rare thing in starwars games. The real beauty of it is the squad gameplay, though. Players can't storm through this game with their genericThis game combines wonderful graphics and a unique and quality gameplay twist with tried-and-true shooter characteristics. If anyone tells you otherwise, they're crazy. The story is actually interesting which - for me, anyway - is a rare thing in starwars games. The real beauty of it is the squad gameplay, though. Players can't storm through this game with their generic blaster-rifle-thing and expect to get far. Instead, they have to take advantage of different parts of the environment. Fights have to be taken on tactfully, which is far more than one can say for most mainstream games. *cough* Call of Duty *cough* Republic Commando has been and will continue to be one of my favorite all time games. It's a shame there aren't more games like it. Expand
  9. Aug 28, 2013
    Whenever I see an article that talks about the best Star Wars games of the past, I'm always surprised to see that this game doesn't make the list about 50% of the time. Even though it was released at probably the wrong time of the 2005 (competing against games like Gran Turismo 4 and Devil May Cry 3), Republic Commando still holds it's ground as being one of the smartest shooters of theWhenever I see an article that talks about the best Star Wars games of the past, I'm always surprised to see that this game doesn't make the list about 50% of the time. Even though it was released at probably the wrong time of the 2005 (competing against games like Gran Turismo 4 and Devil May Cry 3), Republic Commando still holds it's ground as being one of the smartest shooters of the sixth generation's twilight year, and I often look upon it today as the second best Star Wars game I've played to date (behind Battlefront II, of course!), and sort of a cult hit among others.

Republic Commando begins during the Battle of Geonosis in Episode II, and ends with the Battle of Kashyyyk in Episode III. The player is thrown into the shoes of RC-1138 (also known as Boss"), the squad leader of the Republic commando squad Delta. Alongside your character, of course, we have three other commandos that form up your team: The wise-cracking demolitions expert Scorch, the headstrong sniper Sev, and the by-the-book tech expert Fixer. All four characters are instantly likable the second you meet them in the game, and could easily be some of the best written characters I've met (I love the jokes that Scorch makes and the banter that he has with Sev!).

Gameplay is kinda similar to games such as Rainbow Six and SWAT; point and order your squadmate to do a certain action (eg, set an explosive charge, focus fire on one target, heal up at a bacta dispensing station, or set up a sniping position.). It's simple, but it works really well. Now and then your squadmates go down, and it's up to you or another squad member to revive them, but if you go down, then it's not game over, since one of your still standing squad members can still revive you. Normally, they will have to clear all enemies before reviving you, but in tense situations, you can take a risk and order them to revive you (eg. Sev is incapacitated. You go over to revive him, but you go down as well. Fixer and Scorch are still up fighting, and won't revive you until all enemies are dead, but if you're desperate to get up, you can order one of them to come and revive you. Once all enemies are dead, then you can revive Sev and continue the mission.) It's only game over if everyone goes down.

Sound is also a good spot in the game. All the music is suitable at the right parts of the game, and all the voice acting is done really well!

There's one downside to the single-player though: It's short, like, VERY short. The average time to beat the game is around 3-4 hours. I won't spoil anything, but the game's ending didn't help either, leaving the door open for a sequel (which STILL hasn't happened yet!)

There's also multiplayer, but is alright to my standards, but not great. It's still worth playing from time to time, though.

The single-player may be short, and the multiplayer is considered mediocre (to me!), but nothing stops Republic Commando from being one of the best first-person shooters I've played, and one of the best Star Wars games that I've played. Hopefully EA listens to fans and make that sequel. I'm just itching to see Delta Squad again......
  10. Mar 5, 2012
    This game is just amazing! I have had a lot of fun with this game. I really like how it depicts a more violent side of Star Wars. There is loads of blood and gore, intense violence, and even a bit of language to make this game feel different than most Star Wars experiences. There is even a bit of humor from your squad-mates to go along the way. The AI of this game is absolutelyThis game is just amazing! I have had a lot of fun with this game. I really like how it depicts a more violent side of Star Wars. There is loads of blood and gore, intense violence, and even a bit of language to make this game feel different than most Star Wars experiences. There is even a bit of humor from your squad-mates to go along the way. The AI of this game is absolutely fantastic. If you order your troops to do anything, then they will do it without question. You can hear the enemies giving orders as well. The Unreal engine is used very well. It made the game look and feel great. The physics of the game are as realistic as the feel of the soldiers. However, this game is not without its flaws. My only real complaint about this game is that it is way too short. The campaign is something you could speed through in just 10 hours. Unless, of course, you're the kind of gamer who makes many mistakes. The multiplayer experience overall, is just average. The multiplayer here is no different from the kind that people have come to see from games such as Team Fortress 2, or Halo. Other than those two flaws, the game is very good. Expand
  11. Jul 19, 2012
    i just loved this game. i could play trough it several times a day. altough it's rather short it is well worth the buy. because of extraodinary graphics even by today's standards. the shortness of the games is made up for by the atmosphere it creates. there are very few flaws in this game and the ones that are there are barely noticeable. i also grew a certain fondness for the AI squadi just loved this game. i could play trough it several times a day. altough it's rather short it is well worth the buy. because of extraodinary graphics even by today's standards. the shortness of the games is made up for by the atmosphere it creates. there are very few flaws in this game and the ones that are there are barely noticeable. i also grew a certain fondness for the AI squad mates and found myself concerned about their safety more than once. all i can say is now go and buy this game, you will have some of the best star wars gaming experiences of your life. Expand
  12. Oct 2, 2010
    Beautifull.The single player is magnificent.The music is Perfect for the action of the game.A game with great potential.It is amazing how powerfull you feel when you and your squad destroy dozens of robots.My first feel when we faced the robots and the soundtrack was playing that awe inspiring music was a very very cold chill on my back but not because of fear just because is so so coolBeautifull.The single player is magnificent.The music is Perfect for the action of the game.A game with great potential.It is amazing how powerfull you feel when you and your squad destroy dozens of robots.My first feel when we faced the robots and the soundtrack was playing that awe inspiring music was a very very cold chill on my back but not because of fear just because is so so cool when you are comanding your squad in the middle of the fight. Expand
  13. Jun 1, 2012
    This game probably seemed a lot cooler back when it was first released, but it's still highly playable and mostly fun. It feels a lot like Halo, but with some squad-based elements tacked on. And it's really not as short as other reviews would have you think--8 hours is pretty standard for an FPS. The action is good, if a bit too scripted and linear. Its major problem seems to be theThis game probably seemed a lot cooler back when it was first released, but it's still highly playable and mostly fun. It feels a lot like Halo, but with some squad-based elements tacked on. And it's really not as short as other reviews would have you think--8 hours is pretty standard for an FPS. The action is good, if a bit too scripted and linear. Its major problem seems to be the lack of variety: levels go on forever; there are only three locales; only about three types of enemies; you can only have one pickup weapon at a time; endless door breaches. Regardless, the action is pretty much constant and the squad commands work well once you remember the keys and icon meanings. The graphics are still decent even by today's standards, even though the bump maps are a bit low-res. Sound and music were okay--nothing special. Voiceovers were good and occasionally humorous. Controls were fine. And finally, stability was great. Overall, a good take on Star Wars combat, and I'm glad I played it even if I could only take about an hour of the nonstop / tedious action at a time. Expand
  14. Aug 11, 2011
    Over all great game. I really enjoyed it and the graphics are not to shabby. Sadly I dont ever recall anyone ever using the same graphics from this game. The story is driven, action packed, nice music for the cinematic experience. My only and 100% only gripe about the game is that the Multiplayer SUCKS. Besides that Id give the single player alone a 9. Bad Multi a 7.
  15. Jun 27, 2011
    Barely passable. I never use cheat codes but this games forced me into it in order to experience it with any semblance of enjoyment. The trailers showcase the most exciting portions at the beginning of the game but later levels are a drag except for a boss fight here and there.
  16. Dec 22, 2011
    "Star Wars Halo" sums up this game pretty well. It seems to try hard to copy the mold of many other FPS games without actually innovating and making a better product. But if you like those type of games you will enjoy Republic Commando. Bear in mind the game is quite short and the multiplayer is lackluster. If this wasn't a Star Wars game it would be a 6/10.
  17. Dec 30, 2011
    There are three points I would like to make in the areas of gameplay, technical issues, and atmosphere. First of all, there is no excuse for the linear gameplay. I can't emphasize the linear gameplay enough, it literally consists of single passageways that you follow throughout the entire campaign. There are only a handful of weapons, and the enemies barely change throughout the campaign.There are three points I would like to make in the areas of gameplay, technical issues, and atmosphere. First of all, there is no excuse for the linear gameplay. I can't emphasize the linear gameplay enough, it literally consists of single passageways that you follow throughout the entire campaign. There are only a handful of weapons, and the enemies barely change throughout the campaign.

Second, the input lag is horrendous, even if you have a high-end PC. The mouse sensitivity settings are either far too high or far too low. This is the kind of basic optimization that should be expected for a franchise game like this.

Lastly, the atmosphere fails to give the gamer the Star Wars feel. I can't explain why, but it lacks the evil, or even badass, 'stormtrooper' feel.

If this wasn't a Star Wars game, I would never have bought it. I gave a 4 instead of a 3 because the game is old, and the graphics reflect that.
  18. Feb 21, 2014
    Playing this game in 2013, I can imagine that this might've been good for it's time. These days, the graphics are dated, the gameplay feels clunky, and there's honestly nothing spectacular about it. I gave it a shot, but it just didn't stick with me.
  19. Dec 13, 2012
    Once upon a time there were good Star Wars games. Even though this takes place in the awful prequel trilogy, the engaging squad-based gameplay more than makes up for it. The sound and environmental effects are immersive, even for it's age. Even though you're a cookie cutter clone trooper squad they continue to throw new weapons at you throughout the game from dead enemies to break up theOnce upon a time there were good Star Wars games. Even though this takes place in the awful prequel trilogy, the engaging squad-based gameplay more than makes up for it. The sound and environmental effects are immersive, even for it's age. Even though you're a cookie cutter clone trooper squad they continue to throw new weapons at you throughout the game from dead enemies to break up the monotony. It also tends to poke fun at itself, with squadmates remarking about the repetitiveness of certain mission objectives. This was a nice find on sale and is definitely worth checking out if you're into Star Wars or even just squad combat FPS games. Expand
  20. Mar 18, 2013
    A great game with an emphasis on easy to learn and control squad mechanics. You can order your squad mates to slice consoles, plant explosives, search and destroy, form up, defend an area, and all with very few keys, that being 4 general squad commands (F1-F4), and a point and press of the 'F' key.

It makes squad control simple, responsive and rewarding, and although it is a linear game, it never gets constrictive, with the ability in some levels to blow up fuel tanks to make a sniping position etc. as well as choice of where to put your commandos, whether to breach doors or stealth slice through them, and the occasional side route or air vent to sneak through.

Must buy for anyone into Star Wars and their games, as well as any casual OR hardcore shooter fan, due to difficulty settings drastically changing the tactics and approach to fights, to the point you have tactics for each unit type, and group of mixed unit types (eg. EMP grenades for large droid groups). Even if you find the game too repetitive, it is unique and you will certainly enjoy something out of your experience, the only bad thing being nVidia's bumpmapping being broken on modern cards.

(This review came after my 4th play-through of the game, having played half of it on hard, the rest medium... next time I will prevail!)
  21. Nov 11, 2012
    Cool game. Nice idea - you play as commando and command 3 others specialists. However, it might be just me (or it might be the fact that i played this game 7 years after release!), but the game it a little too blend, and also became too hard too fast.
  22. Oct 30, 2013
    Definitely a credit/staple to playing the STar Wars franchise. However WAY too short. Great graphics playing as Clone Trooper Commandos (the precursor to Storm Troopers). Cool first person shooter that also allows the ability to send commands (or swap) amonst 3 other players in your squad. Each has their own set of special weaponry. Very cool/diverse missions at various locals.
    Again the
    Again the game is too short. So much so that the game drops to a 8 from a 10.
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. Released in 2005, after eight years it still looks fantastic and, above all, the gameplay is still breathtaking. It reminds me a lot of Rainbow Six: Vegas, but this is even better I believe, since the fantastic elements of the Star Wars series add a more varied and interesting gameplay. The plot is very linear and well structured: althoughThis is one of the best games I have ever played. Released in 2005, after eight years it still looks fantastic and, above all, the gameplay is still breathtaking. It reminds me a lot of Rainbow Six: Vegas, but this is even better I believe, since the fantastic elements of the Star Wars series add a more varied and interesting gameplay. The plot is very linear and well structured: although the story is not that striking or moving (it is a first-person shooter after all) the levels get more and more intense as you play the game. Maybe one flaw of the game is a not so intelligent AI, or the fact that tactical positions are pretty obvious, predetermined; anyhow, this avoids a lot of possible bugs. Plus, it is a 2005 game, so we can't have the same expectations we'd have with a game released in 2013. All in all, although I haven't played many Star Wars games, I think this is one of the best of the series. It is definitely worth its current price, and it's definitely still worth playing. I'm giving it a 10. Expand
  24. Aug 4, 2012
    This is a very fine game. The things you do in it are beyond awesome. It literally lets you command 3 other elite clones and fight with them. I get so excited watching a clone place a charge on a wall very realisticly while 2 other clones as well as myself stick next to the wall. The nightvision mode looks plain amazing, and the guns look and feel real.
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    8 years since I played this game and its still one of the most satisfying shooters I have ever played. 8-9 hour game play with a great story, gameplay and top quality voice overs. Squad mechanics is one of the best I've seen in a first person shooter though the AI could use a bit more polishing, its still better than some of the NPC teammates from other more contemporary shooters. The8 years since I played this game and its still one of the most satisfying shooters I have ever played. 8-9 hour game play with a great story, gameplay and top quality voice overs. Squad mechanics is one of the best I've seen in a first person shooter though the AI could use a bit more polishing, its still better than some of the NPC teammates from other more contemporary shooters. The linear progression is fine as it portrays the story in a good pace. Not everything needs to go sandbox people. Squad mechanics are well placed with a very responsive Squad AI. Enemies are brutal and will really make you appreciate the different variety of droids in the Separatist Army. Graphics are a bit dated and could have used some works even when it was originally released.

In sum, this is possibly one of the best Star Wars game I've played next to Battlefront 2 and KOTOR and its definitely worth the buy.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Contrary to the belief of people not playing on a newer system, the graphics are top-notch. This game was built in Unreal, and it shows. Even in 2012, this game stays fun and there's many ways to play through. This is a very smart game. The AI does what you tell it to do, so make sure to use the commands for the best experience. The voice acting is also very good, with the squaddiesContrary to the belief of people not playing on a newer system, the graphics are top-notch. This game was built in Unreal, and it shows. Even in 2012, this game stays fun and there's many ways to play through. This is a very smart game. The AI does what you tell it to do, so make sure to use the commands for the best experience. The voice acting is also very good, with the squaddies engaging in active conversations. It (the voices) can get a little repetitive at times, but not as much as Call Of Duty or even Battlefield. The strategy aspects of this game make it extremely versatile, and is playable even if you are a poor first-person shooter player.
    All in all, this is a fantastic game and a great buy for $10.
  27. Apr 2, 2013
    Buy this game, this is one of only 4 games to make it onto my best games of all time list, everything about this game is amazing. For some unknown reason you will feel yourself wanting to replay this wonderful experience. Graphically I still love it (could do with a make over, but who cares; considering that this game was released in 2005), and the squad based command system is the best IBuy this game, this is one of only 4 games to make it onto my best games of all time list, everything about this game is amazing. For some unknown reason you will feel yourself wanting to replay this wonderful experience. Graphically I still love it (could do with a make over, but who cares; considering that this game was released in 2005), and the squad based command system is the best I have ever seen. Finally the characters are awesome, and this game deserves a sequel. WHAT ARE YOU DOING LUCASARTS? Expand
  28. May 5, 2013
    Very cool game if you love the Star Wars universe! Only appointment was that it is a very short game between 7 to 9 hours campaign. But well worth it!
  29. May 11, 2013
    Mmmm.... There's some few thing's I can say about this just don't know where to start. Well I like it how you can put mods on here very easily. The online games is pretty good and very hard to beat people. It's just after the 1st time you beat the campaign..... there's just nothing to do after. Except play it over and over again. And don't even get me started on glitches. When I load up aMmmm.... There's some few thing's I can say about this just don't know where to start. Well I like it how you can put mods on here very easily. The online games is pretty good and very hard to beat people. It's just after the 1st time you beat the campaign..... there's just nothing to do after. Except play it over and over again. And don't even get me started on glitches. When I load up a game I start at the first of the level? I don't even know how that happens. Not only that I can freaking kill myself, where I was when I saved I can just kill the white clone (Apparently me) standing there. And sometimes I just fall through the floor when I'm walking across on the ghost thing ship level. And stop with the mutiplayer hacking. Other than that stuff and glitches it is one of the most epic games I ever played. Expand
  30. Jan 1, 2015
    I owned and played this years ago. I can't remember the story, or much of anything about Republic Commando. What I do remember is liking it a lot. It's a little short, so if you buy it cheaply you have no complaint. I just added it to my Steam wishlist and will buy it for replay again, next time it's on sale.
  31. Jun 18, 2013
    I am a huge Star wars fan and I must say this is my favorite Star Wars game by far, everything from its game play, system layout, story and its main characters I think are perfect. If you have been thinking of trying this game, think no longer, just do it and do it now! I promise you, you will not regret it! Best Star Wars game ever!
  32. Aug 31, 2013
    Star Wars: Republic Commando is a first-person shooter developed by LucasArts with squad-based gameplay mechanics.

The Story: You take control of clone RC-01/138 (aka Delta-38 and "Boss") and you're the leader of an elite squad of a total of 4 clones, 40 (aka "Fixer") the brains, computer specialist and smartypants of the team, 62 (aka "Scorch") the demolitions expert and goofball and

The Story:
    You take control of clone RC-01/138 (aka Delta-38 and "Boss") and you're the leader of an elite squad of a total of 4 clones, 40 (aka "Fixer") the brains, computer specialist and smartypants of the team, 62 (aka "Scorch") the demolitions expert and goofball and 07 (aka Sev) the fierce hunter and cold-blooded killer. You start your first mission on planet Geonosis, where the Clones would make their debut in Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones.

As the game goes along, I grew an emotional bond with the other members of my squad, caring for them and all that. The Single-player campaign is brilliant because of this. There are a Lot of memorable moments of the squad's conversations with each other (much like Battlefield: Bad Company), whether it's deep and emotional or humouristic. In summary, the character development is absolutely stunning.

The gameplay:
    As stated earlier, the game is a squad-based first-person shooter, and it utilizes this mechanic extremely well.
    There are 4 different kinds of Republic weapons for your squad including grenades of different features (thermal detonators, stun grenades and EMP grenades for example), and throughout the game there are certain points where you can assign your squad-mates to a certain position with a certain weapon, which puts in a lot of strategy into it, all depending on what kind of adversary the squad is up against.

The graphics:
    The game runs on Unreal Engine 2, and the game is Gorgeous to say the least. However, there is a famous issue about this game called "Bump mapping", which adds a lot more realistic and dynamic lighting and shadows to every corner of the game, which was specialized on Nvidia graphics cards and not so much on other brands like ATI, so many people could have issues with this feature as the game would certainly look better with Bump Mapping enabled.
    This is kind of a nitpick though, because the game is beautiful with or without it.

You might think that the Steam version would have fixed this issue, but unfortunately the problem is still present there.

Summary:
    Republic Commando is one of the most underrated Star Wars games out there, and it BEGS for a sequel, but even today, 8 years later, we have yet to see any new announcements on a new Republic Commando game.

This is one of those games that was executed almost perfectly as I would only encounter one or two AI glitches throughout a single-player campaign of 7-8 hours.
    But it doesn't end there, there is also a multiplayer mode where you can play against each other in standard game modes like Team Deathmatch, Capture the flag and such.

I guess you could call this game an "Underrated Gem", and I urge you to play it!
    The only negative I have to say about this game is the bump mapping issue, which is a huge nitpick.
  33. Aug 21, 2013
    This has one of the best games I've got. After beating it twice, I got the Arc Trooper mod, which changes a lot and adds more story. Although this game was even shorter than Halo, it provided enough entertainment to pay for itself. I would definitely recommend this game, especially on PC. In case you're wondering, graphics are really good in 1080p, and it doesn't take too much to run that.This has one of the best games I've got. After beating it twice, I got the Arc Trooper mod, which changes a lot and adds more story. Although this game was even shorter than Halo, it provided enough entertainment to pay for itself. I would definitely recommend this game, especially on PC. In case you're wondering, graphics are really good in 1080p, and it doesn't take too much to run that. So why are you still reading this review? BUY IT NOW. Expand
  34. Dec 14, 2013
    A fantastic story driven FPS, my only gripe with RC is it's length. With a mere 8.4 hours for me to complete the campaign, I feel that if really needs either some DLC or a full blown sequel. The difficulty felt just right; Hard enough for me to die a fair amount and feel challenged, but easy enough for me to complete it without a major ragequit. Star Wars Republic Commando: ShortA fantastic story driven FPS, my only gripe with RC is it's length. With a mere 8.4 hours for me to complete the campaign, I feel that if really needs either some DLC or a full blown sequel. The difficulty felt just right; Hard enough for me to die a fair amount and feel challenged, but easy enough for me to complete it without a major ragequit. Star Wars Republic Commando: Short experience, but a masterful gem while it lasts. Expand
  35. Jan 28, 2014
    Star Wars Republic Commando was one of the first games I got on pc when I was younger introducing me to FPS games, 7 years later I haven't lost a single portion of love for this game.
    There are many factors that make this game so fantastic from creative environmental, weapon and character designs to the innovative gameplay mechanics that this game introduces.
    I love the protagonist and

I love the protagonist and his three squad mates each one adding more flavour to the overall gameplay experience, each of the squad mates usually had an opinion on how to attack an area strategically in a certain fashion, they also had skills unique to each soldier, for instance one was a demolitions expert another an expert with a sniper rifle and the last a master with hacking computer consoles, these three factors are always useful in combat situations.

I am disappointed that they did not end up marketing a sequel, I hope that a republic commando sequel may show up in the not so distant future.
  36. Mar 4, 2014
    This game was awesome on all levels, graphics were cool looking, the gameplay was solid, voice acting was great, and the music was absolutely fantastic. This game so much fun mostly because of it's engaging atmosphere and fun story line. The missions were fun and simple and the game really made you fell like you were in charge of a squad. The commands you gave your team allowed the playerThis game was awesome on all levels, graphics were cool looking, the gameplay was solid, voice acting was great, and the music was absolutely fantastic. This game so much fun mostly because of it's engaging atmosphere and fun story line. The missions were fun and simple and the game really made you fell like you were in charge of a squad. The commands you gave your team allowed the player to attack situations in whatever way they see fit. The game's story was pretty great and I felt emotionally involved in every character. The variation of guns made things fun and kept gameplay fresh. Expand
  37. Jul 7, 2014
    Huge fan of Star Wars. Too bad the Clone Wars has been winded down. I cannot say anything bad of this game. Even is in the 2000' era of gaming, this FPS is much better than FPS from actual year. I'm still playing it. Too bad the sequel has been cancelled.
  38. Jul 3, 2014
    Republic Commando is a great idea when it works. However, the game suffers from a lot of problems. Organic enemies are incredibly easy to bring down, while robotic enemies will chew through most of your ammunition in slow, drawn out, frustratingly difficult and unsatisfying fights. At one point, a glitch left one of my squad members stuck behind, which made the following mini-boss battleRepublic Commando is a great idea when it works. However, the game suffers from a lot of problems. Organic enemies are incredibly easy to bring down, while robotic enemies will chew through most of your ammunition in slow, drawn out, frustratingly difficult and unsatisfying fights. At one point, a glitch left one of my squad members stuck behind, which made the following mini-boss battle intensely difficult. Graphics haven't held up well at all, with an over faded atmosphere extending into long, protracted, homogeneous levels. When your squad gets into position and a real fire fight starts, the game suddenly becomes very fun again, with you directing AI squad mates in the heat of the battle, but these moments are too few and far between. Expand
  39. Dec 26, 2014
    Republic Commando was a good addition to the Star Wars video game universe. The graphics age really well, and the game has an excellent first play-through. It is FAR TOO SHORT in terms of what I want to see from a game. There are three main levels which wouldn't be terrible if the first one didn't feel like an extra long tutorial. Learning the controls and how to interact with squad-matesRepublic Commando was a good addition to the Star Wars video game universe. The graphics age really well, and the game has an excellent first play-through. It is FAR TOO SHORT in terms of what I want to see from a game. There are three main levels which wouldn't be terrible if the first one didn't feel like an extra long tutorial. Learning the controls and how to interact with squad-mates took too much of the minimal playing time (less than 12 hours on the first go through). I was disappointed that it ended with one character "left out in the cold" and no resolution of the story. Was there a sequel planned and unfinished? Was this resolved in a book that I haven't read? There is little replay value as well... Expand
  40. Feb 15, 2015
    Лучшая игра по Звездным Войнам!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presentation is really what carries Republic Commando farther than it could have gone on its own. It comes with a grand score, good voice work, lovely animation, and great artistic style and polish.
  2. A pedestrian and unimaginative multiplayer mode is the only notable flaw in a game that otherwise plays, looks, and sounds fantastic.
    The game’s artificial intelligence is impressive, and utilising the commands and setting team command points through the levels really makes it feel like you’re working through the game with real people who actually know what they are doing.