6.1

1. CrowBar
    Jan 19, 2010
    Yes, there are some flaws. One that stands out, taking down the Death Star "boss." Extremely long and boring and ultimately frustrating. But beyond that, this is a damn good game. Its true, it pisses all over Star Wars lore. I dont recall Luke ever battling Vaders apprentice in Hoth, but gamewise, its good. SImple as that. The powers are very cool. Its incredibly satisfying to impale a Yes, there are some flaws. One that stands out, taking down the Death Star "boss." Extremely long and boring and ultimately frustrating. But beyond that, this is a damn good game. Its true, it pisses all over Star Wars lore. I dont recall Luke ever battling Vaders apprentice in Hoth, but gamewise, its good. SImple as that. The powers are very cool. Its incredibly satisfying to impale a force held trooper with your black lightsaber. The little additions, such as costume and the different gems and colours for lightsabers add to it. If your a fan of Star Wars, but not a fanatic, you'll truly enjoy this game. Expand
  2. Mar 13, 2012
    SWTFU is a good addition to the Star Wars universe. The combat is excellent, and this is a game I think is good enough to rival the likes of God of War. The visuals are pleasing, the score is the usual SW best, and was overall a very enjoyable game. Although it is a bit annoying to play on the PC, this game is very good, but is probably enjoyed more on console.
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. LOL nerds and Hardcore star wars gamers grow up. This game was awesome. Great graphics, good story line, great DLC add ins. Come turning Luke to the dark side is GREAT! I love this game and played it through twice. It was a touch short, and I felt that the upgrades for the force should have been on a scale of 5 or at least higher than 3, but other than that I love this game. Expand
  4. AlecM
    Nov 17, 2009
    All the reviews are quite silly. Why? Because all they needed to do was instal the patch that came out just a few days after the game. It runs just fine and is a great inovation in gaming with amazing graphics, great voice acting, and the smartest AI anyone has yet seen. It's sad to see that when some one comes out with a good game it gets shot down because reviewers can't All the reviews are quite silly. Why? Because all they needed to do was instal the patch that came out just a few days after the game. It runs just fine and is a great inovation in gaming with amazing graphics, great voice acting, and the smartest AI anyone has yet seen. It's sad to see that when some one comes out with a good game it gets shot down because reviewers can't wait/look for a verry speedy patch. The game is realy verry fun with a lot of replayability and crazy force powers. If you can't stand a game thats not a FPS or RPG then this isn't for you. But if you like Star Wars, good acting, and inovation. Then this is your game. May the force be with you and all that Jazz. Expand
  5. NathenS
    Dec 19, 2009
    I agree with Alec M all the way this game was truely under rated by far to many it certainly doesnt take long to beat and that is absolutely the only reason I personally won't purchase this game yet but 29 bucks or less... my god you will get the bang for your buck. 50 to 40 however I felt was too much for such a short game but still a great game none the less easily to the point to I agree with Alec M all the way this game was truely under rated by far to many it certainly doesnt take long to beat and that is absolutely the only reason I personally won't purchase this game yet but 29 bucks or less... my god you will get the bang for your buck. 50 to 40 however I felt was too much for such a short game but still a great game none the less easily to the point to where I would have bought it at full price if I had the money to throw away. Expand
  6. Oct 10, 2010
    Wow people, download the patch and just because it's different then MW2 and BC2 doesn't mean it sucks. If you don't like the control setup change them! there was hardly a good review in here... I really would have given this game about an 8.5, but i'm trying to make up for all the reviews that aren't reviews at all... just people demonstrating that they are a little lazy and narrow minded.Wow people, download the patch and just because it's different then MW2 and BC2 doesn't mean it sucks. If you don't like the control setup change them! there was hardly a good review in here... I really would have given this game about an 8.5, but i'm trying to make up for all the reviews that aren't reviews at all... just people demonstrating that they are a little lazy and narrow minded. If you take the time to learn all the controls it's a blast. Expand
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    In my opinion, this is one of the best star wars games of all time. I played this game on the PS3 in 2009, and now I played it on the PC in 2015, albeit with an XBOX 360 controller. I just got off a run of playing through all the Dark Forces games, and as I was playing through Jedi Outcast, I realized that I would rather play a game with real force powers and didn't involve running aroundIn my opinion, this is one of the best star wars games of all time. I played this game on the PS3 in 2009, and now I played it on the PC in 2015, albeit with an XBOX 360 controller. I just got off a run of playing through all the Dark Forces games, and as I was playing through Jedi Outcast, I realized that I would rather play a game with real force powers and didn't involve running around looking for switches to flip instead of actually fighting. So I stopped playing Outcast and switched to this game. It was much more exciting and much more fast-paced.

The plot is definitely the strongest point of the game- a few of the negative reviews mention a forced romance with the main character, which I feel is a legitimate complaint, but I think the story excels in every other area. The game is decently paced, although it could even stand to be a bit longer (which I rarely say about games because they generally have so little to say but try to say it in the longest way possible).

Even though the targeting on some of the Force powers is clunky, I feel like the game does the best it can by trying to auto-aim a bit whenever you throw items. It does work most of the time, but it does have its misses. I do enjoy using it to take out AT-ST's while behind cover using the homing on Force throw.

The biggest appeal of the game for me was being able to walk into a fight and decide one-by-one how I wanted each enemy to die in the coming battle: impaled by a lightsaber? Hacked into pieces? Collateral damage in a Force throw? That was the true enjoyment of the game for me. Once the last levels came around and the enemies were tougher and resistant to Force powers and lightsabers, I did feel more helpless and wish they had a more consistent way to deal with powerful enemies.

Overall, the game does give a great impression of what it feels like to be a powerful Jedi. Sometimes it feels like the lightsaber is relegated to being a baseball bat, but overall the impression is strong as you fight through hordes of stormtroopers without a scratch.
  8. Apr 12, 2016
    I was obsessed with Star Wars, forgot about it for years, and know I love it again. This game brought out all the excitement I could get from one of the movies and then some. The levels had arguably the best openings ever. And that's because they start how every movie starts out. With the cyan colored sentence, and then boom. The roaring theme with the rising text. One of the best DLCsI was obsessed with Star Wars, forgot about it for years, and know I love it again. This game brought out all the excitement I could get from one of the movies and then some. The levels had arguably the best openings ever. And that's because they start how every movie starts out. With the cyan colored sentence, and then boom. The roaring theme with the rising text. One of the best DLCs I've ever played. Expand
  9. Jul 15, 2015
    Great game, the Sith edition adds some cool new levels to the game. The game has a storyline that is pretty straight forward, so you aren't left behind or confused. Seeing the dark side of the Force was interesting, as we don't usually see that in the Star Wars universe. A must-have for any Star Wars fan.

1. A slapdash porting job turns the Force into a farce in this Star Wars action game.
    It doesn't fix or change anything in the original game - it just gives you a few more levels and some new skins. If you don't already have the game, give it a look. If you do, you might just want to go the DLC route.
  3. The gameplay doesn't really satisfy me, but what's worse are the technical issues. Still, the game has its moments and can be great fun because of the story and the force powers.