6.1

1. Oct 10, 2010
    Wow people, download the patch and just because it's different then MW2 and BC2 doesn't mean it sucks. If you don't like the control setup change them! there was hardly a good review in here... I really would have given this game about an 8.5, but i'm trying to make up for all the reviews that aren't reviews at all... just people demonstrating that they are a little lazy and narrow minded.Wow people, download the patch and just because it's different then MW2 and BC2 doesn't mean it sucks. If you don't like the control setup change them! there was hardly a good review in here... I really would have given this game about an 8.5, but i'm trying to make up for all the reviews that aren't reviews at all... just people demonstrating that they are a little lazy and narrow minded. If you take the time to learn all the controls it's a blast. Expand
  2. Dec 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. LOL nerds and Hardcore star wars gamers grow up. This game was awesome. Great graphics, good story line, great DLC add ins. Come turning Luke to the dark side is GREAT! I love this game and played it through twice. It was a touch short, and I felt that the upgrades for the force should have been on a scale of 5 or at least higher than 3, but other than that I love this game. Expand
  3. Mar 13, 2012
    SWTFU is a good addition to the Star Wars universe. The combat is excellent, and this is a game I think is good enough to rival the likes of God of War. The visuals are pleasing, the score is the usual SW best, and was overall a very enjoyable game. Although it is a bit annoying to play on the PC, this game is very good, but is probably enjoyed more on console.
  4. Jul 11, 2013
    i enjoyed this game it was very cool game mechanics. Definitely could've used better port interface thats for damn sure. But story line was very cool liked the good/evil ending choices, combat was a lot of fun. Don't listen to other reviews about combos and weird camara angles i had no problem with this and i played on computer. I guess maybe some targeting issues but either way was enjoyable.
  5. Dec 12, 2011
    It's an okay game if you see it on a Steam sale or from somewhere. Not really anything amazing, but if you find it cheap it can fill a hack n slash void if you already played and beat Darksiders to death. Decent game, but don't pay more then $5 for it.
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is very disappointing. I got about two hours in before I became completely fed up. What stands out the most is the terrible control scheme (and I played the game on xbox). Targeting is awkward, I found that whenever I tried to use a force power on an enemy the game would most of the time target the barrel next to the enemy instead. Enemies regularly knock me down throughThis game is very disappointing. I got about two hours in before I became completely fed up. What stands out the most is the terrible control scheme (and I played the game on xbox). Targeting is awkward, I found that whenever I tried to use a force power on an enemy the game would most of the time target the barrel next to the enemy instead. Enemies regularly knock me down through seemingly normal attacks, and while the character is on his way back up he often gets knocked down again. None of the talents you can unlock are very exciting either. Overall, the mechanics of this game are boring and repetitive. I didn't get far enough to judge the story. Graphics are nice, and if you like star wars you may like this game. However, make sure you get it at a discounted rate, this game isn't worth full price at all. Expand
  7. May 7, 2014
    I started playing this and couldn't figure out why the reviews put it in such poor light, but now that I've sunk a few hours into it, it's easy to see why the scores are so low. Basically it's a game with so much potential packaged with a greater level of disappointment. It was ported by very, very lazy people who were probably coding with one hand, while holding their junk with the other.I started playing this and couldn't figure out why the reviews put it in such poor light, but now that I've sunk a few hours into it, it's easy to see why the scores are so low. Basically it's a game with so much potential packaged with a greater level of disappointment. It was ported by very, very lazy people who were probably coding with one hand, while holding their junk with the other.
    This is one of the worst console ports I've seen on PC. It's worse than GTA IV and is trying to rival Viking: Battle for Asgard. There are a few reasons why it's such a bad port. The graphic optimisation for the game is terrible and should be running far smoother. Because the graphics aren't optimised, it also doesn't take advantage of many of the wonderful options available on PC to make a game look amazing. Users also can't choose these many options to optimise performance on their PC's, so many users are unable to play the game on their lower end systems.
    The controls are very clunky. Objects picked up and thrown with the force hardly ever seem to go in the right direction. Targeting is hit or miss and often the most random objects are selected, rather than the creature standing RIGHT IN FRONT of you currently slaughtering away. Momentum clearly doesn't exist and this makes jumping very hard. Double jumping sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
    The menus are clunky and the game house NO mouse cursor for menu selection. Basic things like making sure the combo menu is easier to navigate to and read quickly aren't included.
    One of the biggest pissoff factors has to be the "even though you've changed your controls to suit your style of play, all of the messages throughout the game will show the original controls". This would be fine, except that all big creatures and bosses have finishing moves that require button mashing combos that show the original keys and make for tedious and difficult gameplay. Then there's also the combo menu, which shows all of the original keys.
    The camera is below average during normal gameplay and absolutely abysmal during boss fights. The camera works on console, but this is a PC PORT!
    All in all, this game leaves me constantly fighting through everything other than the actual enemies in game.
  8. May 4, 2014
    Poor controls on the PC version. I had to hook up my 360 controller to get it playable. Force powers are kinda silly - they routinely blast people into walls or staircases, and make short work of the enemies are clearly supposed to be the "hard" mobs (a single force push into any environmental hazard kills them). I got stuck in a staircase from the first bosses's push attack right off thePoor controls on the PC version. I had to hook up my 360 controller to get it playable. Force powers are kinda silly - they routinely blast people into walls or staircases, and make short work of the enemies are clearly supposed to be the "hard" mobs (a single force push into any environmental hazard kills them). I got stuck in a staircase from the first bosses's push attack right off the bat, had to spend the next 5 minutes jumping up and chopping at his ankles so I could get to the next scene - there's not a "load last checkpoint" that I could find.

It's not bad for a hacky-slashy-blasty limited thinking game, but there are games that do it far better. Overall it's a 4 for being a poor console port of a poor console game. Pick it up on sale, or pick up any of the other, vastly better star wars games instead.
  9. Oct 20, 2010
    This was a big disappointment - clunky controls and technical problems I could handle but the HORRENDOUS user interface port and overall shoddy gameplay did it in. I gave it a few good hours of effort but it was too much. Played on Patch 1.2
  10. Feb 7, 2013
    Clunky CONSOLE port with a fake "save" button that makes you think you can save at any time when in reality it's based around checkpoints. I love Star Wars but this is pure crap.
  11. Dec 14, 2011
    Whoever ported the controls for this game from console to PC should be ashamed. It's fine until boss fights... then it requires an xbox controller to truly enjoy the game. Who wants to switch back and forth between mouse+keyboard and an xbox controller... not I.
  12. Dec 29, 2011
    Graphics - Not bad. Not very good, either. There are still major problems with this game and it becomes painfully obvious after the first 5 minutes.

Controls - One of the worst control schemes I have ever used. If you don't have a gamepad..forget this trash even exists Story - Must have been written by a 13 year old without a solid understanding of plot structure or character

Story - Must have been written by a 13 year old without a solid understanding of plot structure or character development. Has so many holes I could have sworn this is swiss. Gameplay - Boring and repetitive. Has some fun points in it..but not enough to even consider spending money on.

Overall - Absolute trash. I am ashamed I even spent 5 dollars on this garbage. I love the star wars franchise..but this doesn't even deserve to have the name Star Wars in the title. Aspyre should not have been trusted with this project. Hell, nor Lucas-Arts for that matter.
  13. Sep 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a game that could have been great but fell short. the game's concept of the truly ultimate Jedi with force powers on an epic scale was fun at first but it was clear this was a lazy uncared about port as battles got more complicated. the controls were a real let down making the game feel clunky and forcing me to dig out my controller to play the game to it's full potential, and I sure hope you like quick time events and button mashing as this game has plenty of both for every large enemy and boss. the quick time events looked cool at first and made the character look like a true Jedi but the they got repetitive and boring and eventually tedious which is the last thing you want in a game. although there is one stand out section where the game's concept comes to life and that's the section where you literally pull a star destroyer out of the sky as it plummets towards the planet, it really gives you a sense of invulnerability and power but the section is short lived and the only part like it in the game. but with this edition of the game comes three extra levels which are really cleverly thought out and fun as they show what the later movies would have been like if Star killer (the character you play as) was the Emperor's apprentice and not Vader but the levels are short and like the rest of the game simple and eventually boring and even with the extra levels I completed the entire game in a single play session. this game could have really been something the ports just needed more time and then again so did the game. Expand
  14. May 15, 2014
    This new Star Wars game really was just swimming in mediocrity. The developers who made this were clearly pretty lazy not to include mouse support for the menu. The game's combat is OK, but it gets very repetitive as you go on. The frame rate usually suffers from drops to 20 fps or lower. The visuals are muddy, but endurable and textures are mediocre. The targeting is nearly impossible,This new Star Wars game really was just swimming in mediocrity. The developers who made this were clearly pretty lazy not to include mouse support for the menu. The game's combat is OK, but it gets very repetitive as you go on. The frame rate usually suffers from drops to 20 fps or lower. The visuals are muddy, but endurable and textures are mediocre. The targeting is nearly impossible, and the story is very linear. How this game manages an okay score is beyond me. The only thing going for this, and how it salvages 3 points is because they had a good concept, and it shows at some points, but Star Wars: The Force Unleashed does no effort to escape its immense mediocrity. Expand
  15. Oct 16, 2010
    Very disappointed in this game and very surprised that Lucas departed from a winning interface. Perhaps the most disappointing part of this game is that it is an obvious and very poor translation from a console game to a pc game. The GUI and screen displays do not work well and are very frustrating. I have played the KOTOR series and love those games. Those games were a huge hit, so itVery disappointed in this game and very surprised that Lucas departed from a winning interface. Perhaps the most disappointing part of this game is that it is an obvious and very poor translation from a console game to a pc game. The GUI and screen displays do not work well and are very frustrating. I have played the KOTOR series and love those games. Those games were a huge hit, so it is puzzling why they changed the interface. Save your money. This is a waste of disk space. Expand
  16. Feb 23, 2014
    This POS is the only game I rated so low on Metacritic.
    This is A BLATAN CONSOLE RIP with extremely unresponsive controls. Targeting system is horrible, there is a lock system mechanic that just PLAIN AND SIMPLE DOES NOT WORK.
    Examples: - you press E to force-push a weakened enemy and your character turns around striking an enemy across the room instead, ignoring the auto-lock - you
    This POS is the only game I rated so low on Metacritic.
    - you throw an explosive container at an enemy, and instead of throwing forwards it throws it to the left or right to hit another container because targeting system thinks you always want to hit the closest target when throwing (because logic is overrated)
    While the game does have some potential and nice animations, particle effects and what not, I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it with keyboard and mouse. Whoever was in charge of making the PC port FUDGED IT UP COMPLTELY.
    Also I expected numerous glitches with level geometry, disappearing textures and what not.
    This is not worth your money nor your time.
  17. Sep 15, 2010
    I actually created an account just to review this game. It is one of the worst PC games I have ever played. An obvious half-assed console-to-PC port. The menu doesn't even have mouse support. Targeting is next to impossible. The camera often finds itself in walls or other awkward positions. Without a controller for easy combos, some bosses are practically impossible to beat (since theyI actually created an account just to review this game. It is one of the worst PC games I have ever played. An obvious half-assed console-to-PC port. The menu doesn't even have mouse support. Targeting is next to impossible. The camera often finds itself in walls or other awkward positions. Without a controller for easy combos, some bosses are practically impossible to beat (since they have unavoidable attacks and counterattacks). The only reason it doesn't get a 0 is because I had fun tossing wookiees off of cliffs in the first level.

Unless you get this game for free, don't bother installing it. And even if it's free, don't say I didn't warn you.
  18. Oct 27, 2010
    I tried both the console version and the PC version and i have to admit that i'm quite impressed that they managed to transfer the retarded controls from the console version to the PC version, and actually make them worse.

F
  19. Jun 8, 2012
    Positive: Nothing ... maybe the AI.
    Positive: Nothing ... maybe the AI.
    Negative: Graphics are very ugly and outdated. For example there is no AA, textures and light effects are terrible. Gameplay is pure garbage, camera is making crazy positions and controls are bad (I mean globally, not the key settings).This game is one of the worst ports ever. Maybe its good on console (I don't know), but on PC its pure garbage. I played version 1.2 so after the second (last) patch, so its not about patch.

1. A slapdash porting job turns the Force into a farce in this Star Wars action game.
    It doesn't fix or change anything in the original game - it just gives you a few more levels and some new skins. If you don't already have the game, give it a look. If you do, you might just want to go the DLC route.
  3. The gameplay doesn't really satisfy me, but what's worse are the technical issues. Still, the game has its moments and can be great fun because of the story and the force powers.