5.8

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Besides the graphics, "Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2" is complete trash. The story is fragile and uneasy like glass as well as the gameplay, which is where you just sit down and mash buttons the game asks you to do. Don't buy it, just pirate it.
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    The game looks visually stunning and you're in full Lightsaber and Force controll, putting you in the middle of the combat, but not middle in the story. The story is rather dull and in some ways the same as in The Force Unleashed 1.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    The strength of The Force Unleashed 1 was its story. This game has a terrible story. The gameplay is dumbed down from the first one- you have *less* character options than the first one. There is nothing new about this game at all. It is honestly worse in *every* aspect than the first one.
  4. Dec 12, 2011
    Even shorter then the first one, the only reason to pick it up is, like the first one, you got an itching for a beat em up. Beat em up's with lightsabers, how could you go wrong? Will it can if you expect this to be more then a short term diversion.

Pick it up on sale for a few bucks if you already have the first, otherwise just pass on it. It only lasts a few hours, so you won't be
    getting your monies worth if you pay more then $5. Expand
  5. Jun 18, 2012
    I hate to give this game a low rating but it needs it. I did not care for it and the story bugged me. I have played wii and ps3 versions. Wii has a fun multiplayer and ps3 had good controls but it was not that fun.
  6. Nov 28, 2010
    Nothing really new over the first game. The story is weaker, the game is a lot easier and felt far shorter. Not worth £30, it could have been an addon.
  7. Apr 7, 2012
    I don't see the point of having both games separately, as they are quite short; but what I will say is that the graphics are great, and this is complimented by a fun and entertaining gameplay. What I believe this game focuses on, is both the story and the graphics. While this game doesn't offer heaps of stuff to do, or a long outstretched game, it does give us a kind of cinematic feel to it. While some would argue that this is supposed to be a game, I would still l like to say that it does a great job of being a form of animation or 'interactive movie' where it is filled with amazing cutsceans, and our choices. Overall, while I don't think the price should be as high as it is; it has that amazing story feel to it, and star wars fans will be able to get a lot out of this game! Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    It's Star Wars game and it's slasher. As a fan of both I don't need more. But still I don't like playing horrible games. Fortunately TFU2 is good. It has nice visuals and sound, fast combat and good controls. PC port is much, much better than of the first game. Yet... The game is repetitive, very repetitive, and surprisingly small. 4 hours on normal and then you have no reason to replay. May the Force be with you, Lucas, and better luck next time. Expand
  9. Jul 1, 2011
    This game is a terrible port to the PC. Developers decided to lock the FPS to 30, don't expect for high end computers to change this. HD cut scenes are well known to have screen tearing occur a lot among many users. Story is about 4-5 hours long with no replay value. Story line is sub-par, might intrigue Star War fans more than the average gamer. Game play has improved from the first one and graphics are nice. I highly recommend renting the game on the console or PSP. Expand
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    I genuinely couldn't believe this game was over when I had finished it. On my first time through having played it's predecessor through only once as well it took me 4 hours according to Steam. That really is unforgivable in my eyes and if I hadn't got it on sale I would have been pretty annoyed. That being said, the graphics are much nicer than the first game and in general the feel of combat is much better. I started this pretty much right after I finished the first and immediately noticed the smoother action. The game is fun albeit with a pretty much dead plot driven by an entirely unconvincing love story. SPOILER ALERT [I didn't really give a damn whether Starkiller was a clone or not either and was confused as to why the game thought I should by the end, just let me kill all these guys will you?] SPOILER ENDS. All there is to say here really is that the gameplay feels great, makes you feel like a Jedi and throws enough action at you to keep you happy but the story is a non-entity and four hours to get through is faster than most Indie games. Taking full price into consideration it's only a 4/10 for me, maybe a 6/10 for 75% off like I paid. Expand
  11. Jul 9, 2014
    Never played the first. Jumped straight into this and OMG I loved it. People are saying the first is better, guess what then? I'm in for a treat as playing this backwards may have been the best decision in my gaming lifetime.
  12. Oct 27, 2010
    Don't believe all the reviews, try it for yourself!!!! If you bought the first game or a fan of Star Wars definitely by this game. For the sole reason that the PC version is cheaper!!! Everything is better in the TFU II then the first game! PC Menu's are WAY faster, the Cutscenes Look Great, The Graphics Look Amazing, the motions are so fluid, didn't stutter one bit on my PC with everything Maxed!! (except AA). Force powers seem better too! I love it so far! While it still may be a port I bet this looks better on the PC then Xbox or PS3

Gave it 9 because I heard it was short (I am taking my time with it) and not to much variety with levels.
  13. Aug 8, 2011
    It's too short, but it's really the final 1/3 of the first game. If you have them both, prepare for a truly touching Star Wars story. This game and the prequel combined (btw, I'm thinking about just making a custom case to display that they do need to be played together) are/is my favorite Star Wars game ever.

I just wish it was longer...
  14. Feb 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game continuously tries to add emotional depth to a character we don't understand. Just like the Star Wars prequels, we question the ways of the Main Character. Expand
  15. Nov 29, 2010
    This is going to be REAL short, I want to waste as little time as possible on this turkey. Yes it is a Star Wars title, but that means nothing when that name is attached to a mindless game like this. Really don't waste your money, even if you do decide to play the entire game through most folks are completing the game in under 6 hours. For the asking price of $39.99 that is ludicrous! Maybe if the game play was phenomenal I could see my way around the short play time, but I didn't get that far. I played for about 20 minutes and proceeded to uninstall the game from my hard drive completely.

Pick it up (if you must) when it hits the bargain bins, or maybe when Steam drops the price to $4.99 and bundles a few other titles to boot!

Boooooooo
  16. May 6, 2013
    Looks great, sounds great, but the controls cause problems at every major and minor set piece, every couple minutes (up becomes down, double-jumps don't register...

I paid $7 at a Steam sale and uninstalled it after an hour of play.
  17. Dec 26, 2010
    I stumbled in a HUGE bug inside the level "The battle for the salvation". I had to remove a cell generator from a cannon and put it inside another one to open a blocked door, which would allow me to continue in the game. Well, I was simply unable to remove the cell generator from the first cannon. I had to restart the level two times, carrying with me a spare cell generator through half path and trying to not die. I failed both times, so I gave up without completing the game. No one have released a patch. What a shame. The game is very short (about 4 hours) and repetitive. It has got too much action, there are very few pauses, no puzzle sequences, few kind of enemies. The plot is nothing special. Anyway, graphics are pretty good, levels and cut-scenes are artistically awesome and boss fights are enjoyable. But....

I spent 50â
  18. Jul 8, 2012
    I've never played a better Star Wars game than this, well.
    The Jedi Outcast 2 was pretty good too, but uh...
    You know it's just... Just... Plain. Awesome and I can **** **** this stupid character limiter.
  19. Feb 13, 2013
    Not a real good story line as the force unleashed I.
    But very good graphics and smooth gameplay.
  20. Nov 27, 2010
    What a waste of awesome game mechanics. I loved TFU and replayed it countless times, but this.. something has really gone wrong in the development. Guess dramatic budget cuts and shortened development, so typical for LucasArts. And charging 50 euros for this "thing"? Madness.
  21. May 16, 2011
    I ran in to some portability issues with the control scheme. I played the previous one on the pc with no issues. This one seems to have trouble with the head turn. I ended up using the usb controller and it was more playable. I did like the story.

I also played it on the wii at a friends place. This game on this platform is where its at. There is more of the environment to interact with.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is impressively bad. All the fancy physics mechanics from the first game are practically gone, there is nothing new in the way of RPG elements, the game is terribly buggy and it's really short. I finished it in little more than 4 hours. This "game" was obviously just tossed together to squeeze some extra money from the fans of the first game. I highly recommend you turn away.
  23. Aug 15, 2014
    The worst boss battle in the history of video games. They padded the hell out of the game time in the final boss battle so this game could reach 5 hours. It might be worth playing to see how stupid it was. No spoilers here we all know your gonna eventually have to fight Darth Vader.

Pretty much you kill a group of enemies you've fought 1000 times prior. Get a couple hits on Vader, Then
    it switches to the cinematic view where you have to press a button (like god of war) to hit. But instead of hitting you get a chance to talk to him. He tells you you're expendable then runs to the next floor.

You follow him, kill another group of enemies exactly the same, get a couple hits, and listen to him tell you you're expendable again! This happens 15 freaking times!

If that doesn't convince you and you still want to play this game, don't play it on pc. Way too many bugs including near game breaking ones.
  24. Nov 1, 2010
    Very Very good game, the physics are almost flawless, the graphics are very good with an awesome story.
    This is one of the better Star Wars games i have played.
  25. Oct 29, 2010
    This game is PHENOMENAL! I did not know what to expect going in, but the graphics are amazingly cinematic it looks exactly like the movies and so far there has not been a dull moment in the game. The controls are easy to pick up and the settings/interactions in each level are fun to explore with the force powers. Highly recommended
  26. Nov 17, 2010
    Graphics are awesome but everything else is weak. Lucasart completely abandoned the story aspect of this game and focused completely on game play. In short this game is boring, it's sad to say but I think Lucasart has losts it high standard and is going down the corperate highroad that EA went down.
  27. Dec 18, 2011
    This is a really weak follow-up to a great standalone Star Wars game. There's less dialog, plot, characters and original music than the first game. Gameplay the game is nearly identical, and the graphics are better, but the menus are ugly and low-res, evidence that the game wasn't ported to PC with any care or attention to detail. The final boss battle with Vader is a grindtastic joke. Also, the story is short. Steam clocks me in at 5 hours of gameplay. Bought it for $5 on a sale, not worth a dime more. Expand
  28. Oct 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very booooooring game, the best graphics, but lineal history and it's the same, at the beginning i was shock but then i play 1hr and i realise that the game is not so good, i played 2 more times, and now i just....don't want to... Expand
  29. Feb 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bad game.
    The story is nice although it's simple (save the girl from the bad guy), the cutscenes are very well done, exciting and immersive in the classic Star Wars way, but the gameplay is not good at all. After the release of games with great sword fighting like Assassin's Creed going around shaking a lightasber without counter-moves, serious parrying of the enemies moves... it's really bad in a Jedi game where all the fun are the lightsaber duels.
    I know this is Force Unleashed and it's based more on Force powers than saber fighting, but nonetheless the feel of inconsistent fighting ruins the whole game.
    Other than that there are other flows in the game, like encountering Yoda and not having a conversation about the Force, being a Jedi or a dark sith! What the hell, Yoda is one of the most iconic characters of the Star Wars universe and all he tells me is that I will find what I am seeking in a cave??
    And what about the boss fights??? They are worse than the first Force Unleashed, repetitive and too long ('cause they are repetitive). The worst one is the last one against Darth Vader. Repeat, repeat and then repeat... and then repeat... and again... the same thing.
    This is a game that could have been great but it has been totally wasted by developers that where not enough good and/or had not enough time and/or money.
    C'mon Lucasarts is it so difficult to make a good Star Wars game??????
    You have to thank you have the best and most intriguing licence of the world, 'cause if that wasn't true ppl would have stopped buying your games a long ago.
  30. Nov 1, 2010
    Abhorrently bad. Less than three hours long. Everything from boss fights to opening doors controlled by QTEs - a plague upon gaming. Writing is abysmal, impossible to sympathize with the main character unless you happen to be an angsty 16 year old who likes to yell at his parents. VA work is hit or miss, a few lines are well delivered but most will just make you want to mute the game. Lots of jumping/platforming puzzles, only three environments (which all look roughly the same). Most enemies are immune to most of your powers, making me wonder why the powers even exist in the first place. If you enjoy quality entertainment, please do not fund developers of such jaw-droppingly bad games. Expand
  31. Aug 1, 2011
    It was short and all sure, but I enjoyed it and for the 10 bucks I paid for it on steam, that is good enough for me :-) I see, I have not written enough stuff. The graphics were good, the voice acting was good, the destruction engine was an embarrassment. Seriously, they gimped it further. But I still really enjoyed the game.
  32. Jan 26, 2012
    El juego es una joya para los amantes del universo de Star Wars que deja en vergüenza a su primera entrega. El final te mantiene con una sonrisa de incredulidad por lo que estás viendo mientras sabes que si alguien pasa y te ve no entenderá tu cara de idiota, jaja. Lamentablemente, más allá de una tremenda historia (que se siente un poco corta en relación a la de la primera parte), gráficos excelentes y un insuperable uso de la cámara que te mantiene dentro de una película más que un de juego, es imperdonable que al hacer el port desde las consolas al PC hallan solucionado de mala manera los controles. Yo no pude lograr que funcionara con mouse y teclado, pero usando el control del Xbox la experiencia de juego fue gloriosa (pasando por alto que hay uno o dos menus de configuración que no son manejables con el control pad y deben se manejados con el mouse). De todo corazón quiero calificar este juego con un 10 pero el problema de los controles, y que más de un año después de haberlo lanzado no hallan sacado un parche, que lo solucione, me obliga a ponerle un 8 ya que es un problema grabe (si no tienes un control pad no puedes jugar). Expand
  33. Oct 7, 2012
    Positives; Game play, *character progression(somewhat)* and combat i felt were all solid. Boss battles were fun and enjoyable. The story (what there was of it) i enjoyed greatly. The lessening of the many many load times over the first game was a gigantic improvement. As with the first game you can really feel "in control" of the force as-it-were. The locales were beautiful and almost entrancing at points, even inside certain zones, the attention to detail was awesome.

Negatives; I felt it was just... too short, way too short, way shorter than the first game, even as gratifying as the game play was i feel it just lacked (just not enough of it) in this aspect i don't believe it lived up to the first game at all. As i saw another commenter on here say, i agree that this could have just as easily been an expansion pack for the first game for additional game play, and i kind of believe it should have been. The first game hinged greatly on the story and drew you in, to want to play more to see what happened next, i didn't really feel that with this game as much. Left me somewhat disappointed considering how much i was looking forward to this game, and how much i wanted to see the story unravel more and more. But the shear shortness of the game, i feel, prohibited that aspect greatly. I truly think they could have done much better.

Conclusion; For avid fans I'd say it's worth a play through, if on sale at a cheap price. Or if you're looking for a decent hack-n-slam people against walls with the force and dart them with lightning game. It wasn't a bad game, but it fell short of its predecessor in a few areas.
  34. May 5, 2013
    This game has great graphics and great..... nope that's about it. The gameplay is horrible. I beat the game on the hardest difficulty in 3 hours. Same 3 maps. HORRIBLE ENDING!!!!

1. Feb 2, 2011
    Let's hope that The Old Republic gets is right in the many, many places where The Force Unleashed II gets it wrong. [Feb 2011, p.104]
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    The Action may be fun for a short time, but in total The Force Unleashed 2 disappoints with short playtime and a slow paced story that only gets interesting when the game ends.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    A good sequel with superior controls, some new features, a steady pace and a lot more action compared to the first game. With its short playing time of roughly five hours it fails to create as much atmosphere as The Force Unleashed 1 though and the PC-adaption suffers from a lot of technical issues, e.g. tearing, crashes, bugs and problems during setup. The gameplay itself will satisfy both Star Wars-Fans and those who enjoyed TFU1.