Star Wars: The Old Republic PC

5.9

1. Apr 8, 2017
    I've played MMO's since 2007. SWTOR is the only game that i've truly enjoyed. It is an absolutely unbelievable game that combines singleplayer rpg elements with an MMO setting. unlike most boring and repeptitive MMO's swtor doesn't force you to do tedius fetch quests, or spend months grinding your character to max level. it truly immerses the player into it's world and the profound storyI've played MMO's since 2007. SWTOR is the only game that i've truly enjoyed. It is an absolutely unbelievable game that combines singleplayer rpg elements with an MMO setting. unlike most boring and repeptitive MMO's swtor doesn't force you to do tedius fetch quests, or spend months grinding your character to max level. it truly immerses the player into it's world and the profound story that keeps getting better the more you play. Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2017
    Still truly amazing, and the new expansions have really gave us more intrigue story to sink our teeth into.
    A great story-driven mmorg that makes you the centre of the story and not just a mook.
    Wonderful!
  3. Jan 21, 2017
    Great game, the new expansions are great and it is a good MMO game, operations and flashpoints are team based but also playable with a solo story. The main story of the game is fun to play, I recommend the Jedi Knight, Warrior and Inquisitor.
  4. Jan 8, 2017
    Deleted review based on new info. Deleted review based on new info. Deleted review based on new info. Deleted review based on new info. Deleted review based on new info. Deleted review based on new info. Deleted review based on new info.
  5. Dec 25, 2016
    Amazing game. First MMO I've ever played where you follow a story line and there is actual speech, compared to reading boring quest text. You make choices for your character that will have actual impact. Graphics and mechanics are amazing, there's so much stuff in this game, even if you play for free. Even though this is a MMORPG, you can still play solo for the story line which lasts forAmazing game. First MMO I've ever played where you follow a story line and there is actual speech, compared to reading boring quest text. You make choices for your character that will have actual impact. Graphics and mechanics are amazing, there's so much stuff in this game, even if you play for free. Even though this is a MMORPG, you can still play solo for the story line which lasts for a good while. Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2016
    SWTOR tells the greatest Star Wars stories ever told as they capture the pure essence of a very different time in their worlds. With all of the latest expansions, this game continues to grow and it has never been better!
  7. Dec 4, 2016
    One of the two MMO's I actually played for than an hour without getting bored. MY favorite MMO by far. Other than some weird difficulty spikes in the main quest the game is very enjoyable and very immersive. Playing as a sith I feel evil and powerful and able to bend the galaxy to my will. The reason I gave it an 8 and not a 9 is because they ruined Revan as a character.
  8. Nov 27, 2016
    I love this game but sometimes it feels like a chore to have to do side missions and levelling up takes too long, the story starts really good and as you progress though the levels it starts to get boring and all the endings are pretty dull.I started playing it now because they released knights of the fallen empire and it is really good. I really like this game but i understand why people hate it
  9. Aug 18, 2016
    I played this game roughly from 2012-2014 and then again in 2016. I would say the game back in 2012 offered lots for its money in relation to the class stories; they are, of course, the heart of the game. Yet, especially towards the endgame, the MMO features lacked depth. Since it went free-to-play and they released Knights of the Fallen Empire, the game has since seen a revive: you canI played this game roughly from 2012-2014 and then again in 2016. I would say the game back in 2012 offered lots for its money in relation to the class stories; they are, of course, the heart of the game. Yet, especially towards the endgame, the MMO features lacked depth. Since it went free-to-play and they released Knights of the Fallen Empire, the game has since seen a revive: you can play right through to level 50 and experience all the beautiful and exciting class stories for free. They have an OPTIONAL in-game market where players can buy upgrades, cosmetics, etc - yet a free-player can easily enjoy the experience (free-to-play players are somewhat hampered by receiving reduced XP compared to subscribers, however, the game periodically rewards you with XP boots, so you never feel like your playing catch-up. If your'e looking for a hardcore MMO, then this is not the game. If you're looking for a basic MMO with great story-telling then this is the game for you! Expand
  10. Aug 16, 2016
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is the best Star Wars game since Knights of the Old Republic. The game features 8 different story modes, each with extensive, challenging gameplay. It took me about 4 weeks just to finish one of the story modes. The game also features a great plot, many planets to explore, and voiceovers that bring characters and the story to life.
  11. Apr 17, 2016
    I played WoW for 6 years. I've played a lot of MMOs in between as well (AoC, Aion, Rift, STO, etc...). This is the first MMO I have played since WoW that I am actually excited to go home and play. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... but really??!! Of the absolute crap that is out there you guys rate this game less than average (a 5)?!?! I think this game will change MMOs much like WoWI played WoW for 6 years. I've played a lot of MMOs in between as well (AoC, Aion, Rift, STO, etc...). This is the first MMO I have played since WoW that I am actually excited to go home and play. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... but really??!! Of the absolute crap that is out there you guys rate this game less than average (a 5)?!?! I think this game will change MMOs much like WoW did.

If you liked WoW but want something a little different with heavy emphasis on story this game is it. Companions are great, group dialog is cool (need more of it), solo story is great. Needs better character creation/options, fully fleshed out space combat/quests, and no queues. The real test will be if BW can continue to dole out content that keeps the end game going for PVE players (same with any other MMO, I don't PVP so I don't know what the state of that is).
  12. Apr 7, 2016
    November 2015: I watched and read a ton of reviews before I played this because of the mixed reviews. First off, only play free-to-play to make sure your computer can run it well. If you want to really experience the game, be a subscriber.

I've played Guild Wars 2 for a few years now, along with the expansion Heart of Thorns. Decided to take a break from GW2 because the expansion felt like more of a job than a game. Wiping every event, boss, and even exploring became really tiresome. Still a good game, but I'm burnt out on GW2. I played PvE, WvW, and dungeons. Fractals were way too hard.

I played World of Warcraft to level 65 as a tank. Really enjoyed it. Stopped playing because I couldn't find a good guild, so most of the time I was soloing, except for dungeons. Never tried raids of PvP.

I'm enjoying this game a lot. The story, environments, and characters make the game really immersive. This game is great for players like me who are casual most of the time, but still want to play dungeons, raids, and PvP when they choose. I've found that players are easy to group-up with for doing story missions, or world bosses.

I don't know how to describe it, but this is my kind of MMORPG. It's fun and relaxing to play. This game seems to be getting better and better with time.

Cons: As a subscriber there are very few cons, but some of the UI takes some time getting used to. I read reviews about server lag, but it has been pretty mild at this point. Mail should go right to the player instead of a mailbox; it's Star Wars. I wish they had a group finder for other aspects of the game, like PvE, but typing in chat isn't too bad.

I'll update my review as time goes on.

April 2016: This is one of my favorite games. At the end of Shadow or Reven and I'm having a great time. My favorite MMORPG. Thank you Bioware. Can't wait to try Knights of the Fallen Empire.
  13. Mar 3, 2016
    Probably one of the best MMO games out there. Lots of diversity in the game and gameplay. Never lags. However, lots of greater things come from subscribing and you have to keep paying monthly too. hate that. still a fab game tho
  14. Feb 17, 2016
    Granted, I am far from reaching endgame content. But the "origin" Story are almost all great, (except the Sith story,of all things which is surprisingly dull. With all those cutscenes and decisions it reminds me of Mass Effect. The music is really Star Wars. Movement could be smoother but hey that's a category World of Warcraft will always win.
    I like it very much and you really feel with
    I like it very much and you really feel with your characters!
  15. Jan 17, 2016
    Honestly every review and or comment I have heard for this review is so confusing. At least for the negative ones. Its so hard to separate the "Whining Fanboy" who's complaining about how they should have made Knights of the old republic 3 instead, from actual people complaining. Also why does everyone complain about free-to-play so much. It's like someone giving you a free soda only toHonestly every review and or comment I have heard for this review is so confusing. At least for the negative ones. Its so hard to separate the "Whining Fanboy" who's complaining about how they should have made Knights of the old republic 3 instead, from actual people complaining. Also why does everyone complain about free-to-play so much. It's like someone giving you a free soda only to find that its a cheaper drink than what you would get normally. You literally paid 0$ for the game. If WOW gave a free to play but it gave restrictions like this would it "hurt" the game play? No because all the people who are paying have not had their game affected at all. As for the game play though, I do agree. It is kinda boring sometimes, but I never had a real problem with it entertaining me (Though that's probably just me). But the story is amazing. All the story quests are fully voiced and are really engaging. Hell even the flash points (or dungeons if your a wow player) are voiced and have a mini story in them (Most of the time). Anyway I recommend this game for its story.

Also on a side note if you don't know whether or not you want to get into it, play it. The free to play option is still there and at early levels it didn't really matter to me. once you feel you've played enough, then decide on whether or not to subscribe.
  16. Oct 27, 2015
    One of the best MMO in the market. I guess I am over 1,000 hours of play and I own 8 characters. An awesome story-driven MMO, with PVE and PVP fights. Forget here to find hackers, you can play safe. Now it's also free-to-play. You have play it!!
  17. Oct 12, 2015
    I've had a great time with this game. Good story lines, great voice acting, fun pvp. I've given it up for awhile only to return and find more and more to do. The developers have put a lot of time into this game and supported it for years now. Highly recommended.
  18. Aug 3, 2015
    Das Spiel hat eine Epische Story und die Entwickler arbeiten immer weiter an noch mehr Story. Macht-empfängliche Klassen und nicht Machanwender Klassen sind gut ausbalanciert. Jede Klassen basierte Story ist einzigartig und es gibt acht verschiedene. Werdet Abonnenten, ich sag euch es lohnt sich.
  19. Jun 8, 2015
    I played SWTOR the first day it released and kept playing for about a year after launch. The reason I stopped, it got boring quickly, lag issues and so many severs that they felt empty. The story is excellent, gameplay is ok, graphics are fine. It's been a few weeks now, and I resubbed, the game is way different since launch, game mechanics have changed, servers have merged some bugs andI played SWTOR the first day it released and kept playing for about a year after launch. The reason I stopped, it got boring quickly, lag issues and so many severs that they felt empty. The story is excellent, gameplay is ok, graphics are fine. It's been a few weeks now, and I resubbed, the game is way different since launch, game mechanics have changed, servers have merged some bugs and lag issues seem to be resolved. I find that this game has way to much negative reviews, and I should say more like bashing and hate towards EA. For those who left in the beginnning I would tell you that going back is worth it, espacialy if you been planning to, I tried the F2P option first and it's way to limited espacialy if you were a playing sub before. So to all STAR WARS fans out there thinking about playing this game it is worth it, great story, good gameplay, ok graphics, good community ! I do recommend that you check on the forums or sites to see which servers are the most populated before creating a character ! Have fun ! Expand
  20. Apr 23, 2015
    The F2P model is a definitely on the restrictive side, but there is a lot to love about this game for subscribers.

If you are a fan of story in your video games, this is the single best MMORPG for you in particular. It weaves a strong narrative and compelling characters throughout the leveling experience and into many of the end-game areas and group encounters. Most of the negative

Most of the negative reviews here come from the state it released in - which had two glaring problems: [1] Not a lot of end-game content (the developers came out and admitted they thought it would take most players months to get to max-level, which they believed would give them time to release most of the end-game content in the first few patches without any harm done... it was almost cute in its naivete), and [2] lack of a group finder and some other 'basic' MMO features. (Some of the negative reviews also came from Star Wars Galaxies fans who are bitter over their Sandbox MMO closing down as this Themepark Star Wars MMO came out.)

Both of these problems have been rectified. There are multiple raids (called Operations in SWTOR), all of which have fun and engaging encounters, and most of the standard MMO features have been added - the biggest feature still missing is an in-game Guild Calendar. (I also wouldn't complain if they implemented Cross-Server queuing.)

The underlying gameplay design doesn't stray too far from WoW's basic formula, which will make the game particularly accessible to current or former fans of Blizzard's mega-hit. The biggest deviation is the presence of 'companions' - which basically function like combat pets. While you play through the leveling content, every class gets five unique companions specific to the story and gameplay of that class, plus one companion that is shared by all characters (a 'ship droid' which has a different name and appearance depending on which faction you play, but is functionally the same). Currently there are also two more shared companions that were added in Updates over the years, which can be unlocked on any character (one can be purchased, the other acquired by a unique quest chain). All these companions have their own personalities and back-stories, and add a wonderful amount of personality to the game.

New 'Content Updates' are released around every nine weeks, which add new Daily Areas (which usually continue the game's story the first time you play through them, before the quests become repeatable), small group PVE encounters (called 'Flashpoints' - equivalent to WoW's 'Dungeons'), instanced PVP maps (called 'Warzones'), reoccurring Events (some seasonal, like the X-mas themed 'Life Day', some that occur sporadically, and one that returns every month) or large group PVE instances (Operations, as mentioned above).

To date, there have also been two 'free expansions'. Galactic Starfighter, which added a PVP space dog-fighting minigame that is a lot of fun once you get over the initial hump of learning it (they admittedly need a better tutorial, but if you stick with it through the first couple frustrating attempts as you learn the ins and outs, then you will probably find it a rewarding, fun aspect of the game), and Galactic Strongholds, which added Player Housing and Guild Flagships to the game.

The game is not without its flaws. While new content comes out every two months or so, the pacing for individual types of content has sometimes left long gaps in between new Operations or Warzones,which can be frustrating to Raiders or PVPers (a current long gap between new Warzones shows that the developers still haven't quite gotten a handle on this issue). Most new Content Updates come with a few notable bugs which have to be worked out over the course of a few maintenance patches in the weeks that follow their release. And as mentioned above, the Free-to-Play model is pretty restrictive - there is no doubt the game is best enjoyed as a subscriber. But the good far outweighs the bad.

Despite the restrictiveness of the F2P mode, the Cash Shop has a lot to praise: the content is almost exclusively cosmetic or convenience items, so you won't be hobbled if you choose not to spend any money on the Shop. Almost all of the items from the Cash Shop can be traded or sold on the in-game auction house - allowing you to get most of them for credits (just expect the rarest items to fetch a hefty price if you go that route). And subscribers get around 500 free 'Cartel Coins' (the Cash Shop currency) each month, with an additional 100 Coins a month if you use the free Security Key app to secure your account (getting friends to subscribe through the Refer-A-Friend program and even completing some in-game achievements can also net you additional Coins without having to pay real money).

SWTOR is a Themepark game through and through, so Sandbox fans may not care for it, but if you enjoy solid storytelling, a great leveling experience, fun mini-games, and the Star Wars universe - this is a fantastic game!
  21. Apr 11, 2015
    Its 10, ignore everything else. You literally have nothing to lose by trying this game... all the pay for stuff you can get on the ah, even the packs... a lot of these reviews are from years ago and are at this point totally invalid. If you have been looking for a good game this is it. Its unbelievably good... maybe the most underrated game out there.
  22. Apr 11, 2015
    This is the best game ever!

No joke, the best game ever made! The story is epic! I mean 9 stories are epic!... There is way too much to do in this game! Its out of this world how good of a deal this is!
  23. Apr 10, 2015
    This may be one of the best games I have ever played

This may be one of the best games I have ever played

This is my first review, but I feel for the first time in a while, that I want to express how amazing this game is. I have played almost every mmo, I have owned almost every system, and lately I have been feeling really unsatisfied with the value of games. I just bought evolve on the ps4 and that was sort of my last straw. I used to play wow and for a few years and I felt like I got a good value out of that game, which is the bar I compare other mmos too. So let me say that this game is on an entirely different level than wow, it is so much better and more complete. This may be one of the best games I have ever played. If this game was launched as a single player game, I would have bought it. The fact that it is also an mmo, just amplifies the awesomeness. For $15 a month, entertainment does not get much cheaper. Give this game a shot, it has a f2p option and its just too good to miss out on. This game is nothing like your standard mmos, the depth is out of this world. The amount of content available is incredible. You can get lost in almost any aspect of this game: decorating your stronghold, space fighter, pvp, pve, the story, crafting, or just exploring this cool world.

For the many of us out there that have been looking for a game that is not just great, but actually worth the price of admission. Look no further, this is it.
  24. Ogr
    Jan 21, 2015
    There are a lot of people who dislike this game because of issues with their PC etc.

I have to admit that swtor is quite bad programmed... it has high requirements for it's casual graphics. Besides that it has a lot of great things to offer now, the best story ever in a mmorpg, playing in a group is well supported even during the leveling phase (that should be normal, but look at

Besides that it has a lot of great things to offer now, the best story ever in a mmorpg, playing in a group is well supported even during the leveling phase (that should be normal, but look at teso, wow etc.). Some of the classes belong to the most fun classes of all mmorpg, pvp games are fun, there is a "tie fighter game in swtor" etc.

I have played most of the popular mmorpg (I started with Ultima Online, DAoC, WoW, AC, AC2, EQ1, EQ2, GW2, Rift, Tera, etc. etc.) and swtor definitely belongs to the best of these. You should of course like RPG's with a story and not just simple grind games.
  25. Nov 18, 2014
    No way a 10/10 but definitely the best MMO on the market, especially if you are a Star Wars fan.

Good - The only MMO with true role playing, each class being fully voice acted. Like all MMO's should be, grouping and pvp are not essential to progress, but its there if you want it. Servers run well in my expperience, very rarely kicked or laggy. It 'feels' like Star Wars having similar atmospheres to KOTOR etc, helped by most planets being well designed and unique from eachother. It is not an elitist docuhe bag fest like WoW.

Bad - Role play is still not as strong as a single player, offline game, as with all MMO's. Graphics aren't great.

Verdict - if you love Star Wars and particularly the KOTOR games, you will love this. The best MMO out there by a long way.
  26. Oct 9, 2014
    Best, I love it, Star Wars forever with lot of people.
    I don't agree with the haters. This is a very good game with epic and beautiful story.
  27. Oct 1, 2014
    This game has a rough start that is for sure but they have fixed most of those issues and added so many cool new things since its release it is like a totally different game since it launched. If you was around for the start of the game and hated it then I beg you to give it another try.
  28. Sep 27, 2014
    While SWTOR doesn’t bring much to the table in terms of quest mechanics,combat and even trading system , it is good at story telling and rpg factor.Zones are great pvp is great espicially some pvp mods are awesome.If you like star wars universe you probably already played the game if you not go and try it now!
  29. Sep 22, 2014
    An excellent MMO-RPG experience with tons of things to see and do. Star Wars: The Old Republic is the best MMO-RPG I have ever played It has everything a good Star Wars game and MMO-RPG should have.
    Great level design, simple yet fun combat, a great story, nice colorful graphics, solid sound design, and excellent voice acting. Simply the best MMO-RPG out there don't listen to anyone who says this game is bad.
  30. Sep 18, 2014
    I think some ranting and raving about performance issues aside, this was a really fun ride. We had a group of 4, played to level cap, then didn't have much we were interested in doing, but it was free, and worth 30 hours of good times.
  31. Aug 3, 2014
    I've been trying to find a new MMO to play after deciding to leave Star Trek Online. I tried a few other F2Ps and have landed on SWTOR and am not looking back. I'm sorry I hadn't found this game sooner. I remember all the hype surrounding the game when it came out and all the negativity.
    I remember back then not wanting to try it because you could only play as a humanoid character and not a wookie, ewok, droid etc. and got turned off by all the stuff I was hearing.
    I still do wish that you could play as some of the iconic non-humanoids from the movies but the quality of the game and the fun I'm having cannot be stated enough. The story is top notch and voice over is so well done. The cut scenes are great and I look forward to the story as it unfolds.
    The game runs very smoothly on my old laptop which was also a pleasant suprise. After playing a few days and getting my character to level 10 I decided to sub for a month. People (leechers and FotM F2Pers) complain about the free to play restrictions but I actually think they're very fair considering the quality of the game and the story it provides. Better than any MMO I've played so far. I was happy to pay the $15.00 to help keep the game going.
  32. Jul 29, 2014
    On one of many online game searches to satisfy my impulse craves of temporary adventure and enjoyment, I kept on stumbling upon Star Wars: The Old Republic on many of my "Top Free MMORPG's". At first I was hesitant because I've always played fantasy based mmorpgs and, although I enjoy the Star Wars franchise, the image of a Star Wars MMORPG didn't play well in my mind primarily based on myOn one of many online game searches to satisfy my impulse craves of temporary adventure and enjoyment, I kept on stumbling upon Star Wars: The Old Republic on many of my "Top Free MMORPG's". At first I was hesitant because I've always played fantasy based mmorpgs and, although I enjoy the Star Wars franchise, the image of a Star Wars MMORPG didn't play well in my mind primarily based on my past familiarity with other MMORPG's. I couldn't of been more wrong.
    Keeping in mind that I haven't played Knights of the old republic, both one and two, the story driven game type was rather new to me. As opposed to a lot of MMORPG's, in which the "story" is told through small, boring text which is often skipped for sake of gameplay, Star Wars: The Old Republic kept me involved and excited to pursue the story, which is astonishingly good for a "free" MMORPG. Not only is the story told to you through voices, which is awesome considering the fact that most "stories" in other MMORPG's tend to be skipped for either their quality or just plain apathy rooting from the player, the game keeps you involved by giving you a variety of answers, replies, decisions, and statements that can either make you looks like a complete bully, to a joking and friendly "sith". Occasionally, you will come across a decision that will, for example, give you the option to kill someone or let them live. Choosing the side of killing them will make you more "sith-like" and grant you "dark" points, letting them live will do the opposite and grant you "light" points. These points affect you in-game ranging from appearance changes to the loot available to you. Remember, I haven't played many story driven games so I just had to get all this excitement out.

Now, for everything else.

The combat is pretty generic with it's tab-right click to attack system and the graphics are nothing to write home about. Additionally, some may be turned off by the fact that free players get so much less than subscription and paying players. Some of benefits, aside from different race, mount, and cosmetic options, was that paying players got the ability to move faster during the long (yet enjoyable) tutorial, which is a really small thing, of course, but it annoyed me none the less.

Overall, I'd say if you're craving for a new mmorpg and a new experience then try this game out, definitely. Even if the combat system is nothing special, the immense voice acting and story telling is.
  33. Jul 19, 2014
    To put it simply, the game is just superb. Everything is working properly and carried out well. The stories of each class grip you firmly as they take you in to the world of star wars. Plenty of endgame material too so no need to worry about that. Really had (and still having) a blast playing this game!
  34. Jul 7, 2014
    I heard about this game several years ago, but I didn't try it since 2014. I was a bit disappointed by the fact that the game is a huge mass of gigabytes, around 25, but I cannot blame BioWare. It took me around a day to have the entirely one. And, the gameplay is nice, polished let's say, but the basic combat is a bit poor. At least the skills contribute to the gameplay. I like the plot,I heard about this game several years ago, but I didn't try it since 2014. I was a bit disappointed by the fact that the game is a huge mass of gigabytes, around 25, but I cannot blame BioWare. It took me around a day to have the entirely one. And, the gameplay is nice, polished let's say, but the basic combat is a bit poor. At least the skills contribute to the gameplay. I like the plot, very much and the companions; this is great all in all. I played until level 17, because the game caused me lots of crashes on computer and I saw this is an internal problem that, I hope they will fix it within the new EP, Galactic Strongholds. The world is polished, very nice and I like there is a lot of content and worlds to go to. Well, the items are expressive and I like they have style. I don't know what to say more, but I bet; even this is the first MMO of BioWare/EA, they did a great job and I disagree the negative impresses of other players. I know there are several imperfections, but I am sure there is no another one like this. Congrats BioWare, I am waiting for the new update! Expand
  35. May 29, 2014
    There is an enormous amount of content in this game and gameplay is always fun. They did a really well job. There are negative views about this game as the E3 trailer was spectacular and people believed that this game would be something beyond the current generation of games.
  36. May 13, 2014
    I am only reviewing this from the subscription experience, I do not recommend this MMO as a free to play game but it's an excellent subscription MMORPG. I've been a subscriber for almost 3 months and I love it and I'm still playing it on a regular basis, there is so much depth to Star Wars: The Old Republic, what completely sold me on this game is the quests and story and I'm a really bigI am only reviewing this from the subscription experience, I do not recommend this MMO as a free to play game but it's an excellent subscription MMORPG. I've been a subscriber for almost 3 months and I love it and I'm still playing it on a regular basis, there is so much depth to Star Wars: The Old Republic, what completely sold me on this game is the quests and story and I'm a really big Star Wars fan, so your choices affect whats going to happen next you can be good or bad but each choice may very likely come with consequences and affect the players story. The music is wonderful and stays true to Star Wars, the graphics are a little bit cartoonish but Bioware has said so it doesn't look dated in 4 years and I'd say it's aged really well so far. The choices for PVP has grown lately Bioware is constantly updating SWTOR with more PVP, story, and expansions.

I've been playing MMORPGs for 14 years and I've never playing anything like SWTOR that really got me into the game and addicted and not often enough can a game do that, SWTOR is simply fun I actually have fun and a good time while playing this, it doesn't feel grindy and I always can't wait to get to the next quest, I mostly like SWTOR because of the role playing. So don't judge this game by the free to play experience if your willing to shell out some cash for the subscription it's worth it, subscribers get more experience and that alone is worth it.

I highly recommend Star Wars: The Old Republic.
  37. Apr 7, 2014
    Overall its fairly obvious that this is a good MMO game. Yes, there are some minor tweaks needed, but overall I would give this an 9. If you are not a star wars type this still may be a good game for you.
  38. Mar 22, 2014
    Lovely game.I had a great experience playingLovely game.I had a great experience playing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  39. Mar 11, 2014
    its a lot better than it used to be it has a lot more content there's more flashpoints and operations plus the story is grand . i recamend playing it now
  40. Feb 27, 2014
    I have only ever had a great time playing this game which is set in my favorite era, the dialog was great to have because i could define my own character and i wouldn't have to be an evil Sith, i could be a good Sith or neutral.
    Favorite story for me was both the Jedi Knight and Sith inquisitor. The Jedi Knights story was so good because it was a large scale threat you were dealing with which made every step more intense plus the companions for the Jedi Knight are so good, like Kira and Doc (tied 1st on my favorite companions list) because they were so well scripted. The Sith Inquisitors story i found was bad from level 1-15 because it was you just running small tasks, but at the end when yo met the ghost and he beat the hell out of you (not as bad as you think) it then starts to get interesting, but after chapter 1 when you start to bind with ghosts it to interesting not to play.
    The only bad things i found in the game where some of the stories, like the bounty hunters, the dialog isn't that bad but the story all together just seemed a bit rushed (and in my option the Bounty hunter and smuggler should of had a faction of there own due to the fact that they are a neutral party) the only other story that i find the most boring is the Jedi Consular, it's so boring (i'm doing a fallen Jedi Consular and i'm dragging myself along because it feels that bland)

Revan is the god of Star wars
  41. Feb 24, 2014
    This game does quite a few things quite well. Story-telling being on of them. It feels friendly and welcoming and it has its own unique style and setting. I spent many hours having loads of fun. I leveled few characters to level 30-40. I was never into end-game content in this game, because it wasn't what I played it for. See this game or as a Mass Effect game with MMO features. That isThis game does quite a few things quite well. Story-telling being on of them. It feels friendly and welcoming and it has its own unique style and setting. I spent many hours having loads of fun. I leveled few characters to level 30-40. I was never into end-game content in this game, because it wasn't what I played it for. See this game or as a Mass Effect game with MMO features. That is what it feels like. And it is not so bad as you may think. Leveling is the real deal here, not the end game content. The story telling is pretty cool too. The MMo formula based on grind is still present, but it is elegantly packed into cut-scenes and dialogue and it is also flexible. Most of the "kill X of Y" quests are optional and are progressed/finished authomatically as you go. I expected more of this MMO. I expected it to be much more open, but it still is a good one. Expand
  42. Feb 23, 2014
    Bottom line(at the top): This is a solid and polished MMO with a good amount of content.

PROS: Fully voiced npc's and quests. The volume and quality of content is high Great atmosphere High population/good support/decent lfg Instanced PvP including space ship battles Very little grinding/fast leveling if you subscribe You can play the game like a single player game

PROS:

Fully voiced npc's and quests.

The volume and quality of content is high

Great atmosphere

High population/good support/decent lfg

Instanced PvP including space ship battles

Very little grinding/fast leveling if you subscribe

You can play the game like a single player game if you want. This is KOTOR 3.

6 distinct storylines

Highly replayable as a different character class/alignment/faction

CONS:
    In your face if you don't spend money

Slower leveling if you don't sub

If you don't like Star Wars, the setting will appeal less to you.

If you don't like MMOs, this is still an MMO

Non-cutting edge graphics(the game still looks pretty darn good)

You start playing another MMO and wonder why you aren't playing SWTOR.
  43. Feb 6, 2014
    This game somehow passed me by and only just got into it. There's a huge amount to do and progression so far feels natural, no feeling of grinding away at all. The newly added space battles are also great.

This is a great MMO and a worthy follow-up to KOTOR 1 & 2
  44. Dec 16, 2013
    One of the best MMO's around the graphics are awesome and the interaction within the NPC's just destroys the competition. The Heroics, War Zones both ground and space and new Flashpoints make this game too much fun not to mention all the monthly activities the game has. But DO NOT do free 2 play I REPEAT DO NOT be a Free 2 play player. The game is crazy limited for "F2P" players but beingOne of the best MMO's around the graphics are awesome and the interaction within the NPC's just destroys the competition. The Heroics, War Zones both ground and space and new Flashpoints make this game too much fun not to mention all the monthly activities the game has. But DO NOT do free 2 play I REPEAT DO NOT be a Free 2 play player. The game is crazy limited for "F2P" players but being a subscriber it's a whole different game. As a subscriber since launch there is just no other way to play and enjoy this awesome experience. Expand
  45. Dec 16, 2013
    I love this game so much. Let me say first, I played WoW for a bit when it came out, but never really got into it. So I'm pretty much a total MMORPG newbie. But 2 weeks ago I gave The Old Republic finally a try, and ever since then I'm having a hard time explaining to my girlfriend why all she hears from my side of the room are *woosh* *woosh* sounds (that's supposed to be a lightsaber sound
  46. Dec 11, 2013
    Excellent MMO game. Enjoyable endgame, the new Space Combat is very fun, and the storylines are very well written.. Character customization could admittedly be better, and the restrictions for Free-to-Play members can be rough. But, if you enjoy Star Wars, endgame Raiding, space combat, or games with a story, you won't regret spending time with SWTOR.
  47. Dec 8, 2013
    I've not played to the endgame where the real issues arose, from what I've heard. But I thought the various class choices were fantastic in how they varied and filled roles. I enjoyed the story and the tension that was there with the Empire vs Republic struggle. The cutscenes brought the questing to a personal level that I enjoyed, though I believe they could have reduced the number ofI've not played to the endgame where the real issues arose, from what I've heard. But I thought the various class choices were fantastic in how they varied and filled roles. I enjoyed the story and the tension that was there with the Empire vs Republic struggle. The cutscenes brought the questing to a personal level that I enjoyed, though I believe they could have reduced the number of them. The personal ship and personal relationship with your crew is great (much like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc). Looking forward to the Starfighter expansion. Expand
  48. Nov 12, 2013
    Fantastic mmo with great story, customization, worlds to explore and constantly adding free content in addition to free expansions. While some can mock it's free to play policies, you can play mas effect style quality story for 8 separate classes with all unique characters and stories that are deep...for free. The gameplay is great, it looks great, and it's a blast to play.
  49. Oct 27, 2013
    I have played various of MMO games and to be honest this game just blew my mind. It offers 8 different character stories were you get to pick decisions very like the original games instead your character actually has a voice. The combat is still fun even if it's on the same engine as star trek online (which is also good). I guess people don't like this game because of Reven being in theI have played various of MMO games and to be honest this game just blew my mind. It offers 8 different character stories were you get to pick decisions very like the original games instead your character actually has a voice. The combat is still fun even if it's on the same engine as star trek online (which is also good). I guess people don't like this game because of Reven being in the game or they think that it's another wanna be world of Warcraft which in my opinion became a pile of crap. In all the game is enjoyable for any star wars fan especially those who played the original knights of the old republic games. Expand
  50. Oct 24, 2013
    I've been playing this game since launch. It's pretty much Star wars WoW. I like it. and love SW. It has a great storyline and the graphics a good too. Only reason it doesn't get a 10 from me is you pay to play. They have a free to play option now though.If your a fan of MMO's and Star wars... Get this..
  51. Oct 19, 2013
    The old republic is a really good mmo and the thing that holds it back is the BS free to play restriction
    Pros: the gameplay is really good, the differences in the story between the classes, choices are cool, contains some of the elements I liked about mass effect and dragon age while doing enough to make itself it's own game, being a Jedi or a sith is extremely fun, dialogue options from mass effect return, the cinematics are solid and the graphics get the job done
    Cons: after you reach level 10 unless you subscribe you get less exp points, fetch quests, some annoyingly powerful boss fights where they have just a sliver of health less then you die and need to start over (I must have fought tarnis a billion times) free to play restrictions really annoy me
    So since this is free to play now I suggest you play it (if someone says it's too much like world of Warcraft, So WHAT WoW is awesome) if your a Star Wars fan play it, if your a bio ware fan play it or even if your just a mmo fan you should play it
  52. Oct 14, 2013
    Truly amazing. An online gaming experience that can be played as a group experience or as an individual self contained story. Bioware rewards subscribers, but the core experience remains even for free to play players. The star here is the individual well written and rewarding stories for each playable class. There are interesting and not-too repetitive (it's an mmo, repetition is part ofTruly amazing. An online gaming experience that can be played as a group experience or as an individual self contained story. Bioware rewards subscribers, but the core experience remains even for free to play players. The star here is the individual well written and rewarding stories for each playable class. There are interesting and not-too repetitive (it's an mmo, repetition is part of the genre) missions. Further, players are rewarded for interacting with other players and for exploration. Any problems are minor. The only true frustration is how difficult the optional datacrons can be to obtain. In earnest, this is the best MMO I've ever attempted. Expand
  53. Sep 18, 2013
    Has great story and fun to play with friends. It is still better to be a subscriber but can do a lot of the game for free. Have leveled up a few characters and done as many quests as I can and still end up under leveled sometimes. Has a bit of challenge to it but is best for the story. Can be tedious at times and difficult by yourself. Best played with a group and not taken very seriously.
  54. Sep 16, 2013
    One of the best MMO I have played. I love the story part of the game. I do not play PvP. I play with a small group of friends and enjoy this game a lot.
  55. Aug 25, 2013
    Game is awesome for people interested in an actual story where you have actual interaction with NPCs instead of just blankly accepting quests without even reading. One of the best MMORPG I've played.
  56. Aug 11, 2013
    Star Wars: The Old Republic™ is an extraordinary good game and a revolutionary new addition to the mmo genre, uhm Doritos™. It's combat is an incredible Dew that really shines in the Mountain Dew™ environment. I really love money. So yea buy this game if you love Mountain Dew™ and Doritos™
  57. Jul 31, 2013
    Good game for 1-50 lvl. Story, voicing and characters are good and fun.
    About end-content I play many MMO and it's all the same: some dungeons to clear, some PvP gear, some something... So I don't bother about it, just clear the story and move to another game.
    After all the Good PvP can be only in high-PvP oriented games. And most of them are pay-to-win..
  58. Jul 2, 2013
    Routinely underrated, one of the best F2P games, and one of the best Subscription Games on the market today. Awesome story telling, amazing presentation and a game that will grab you. Any score under 7 should be ignored. This one is a 9.5 game.
  59. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the greatest MMOs out there at the moment, a must for Star Wars fans. Only lacks if the player is not very Star Wars addicted. Overall a fantastic game with a free to play option
  60. May 11, 2013
    I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying playing through SWTOR with a friend at the moment. Having not really played an MMO before own GW2 but didn't enjoy it) this has certainly made me see that MMO's are well worth the time if they are any good. I believe that to get the most out of this game you will want to play through it with a friend. I also must agree with a fellow reviewer whoI have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying playing through SWTOR with a friend at the moment. Having not really played an MMO before own GW2 but didn't enjoy it) this has certainly made me see that MMO's are well worth the time if they are any good. I believe that to get the most out of this game you will want to play through it with a friend. I also must agree with a fellow reviewer who mentioned that a lot of the low score reviewers will not have played much of the game, I agree with this because MMO's in general, you usually have to get to higher levels to get the most fun out of them. Once you get to level 10 the game becomes a blast. Would recommend this game to MMO fan, Star Wars fan or anybody who just wants to feel badass. Expand
  61. May 8, 2013
    As a BioWare fan I just had to try this game. I played a bit with subscription and I liked it a lot. I gave it a 10 because I it does not deserve such a low user score. Its more like a 8.5 game.
    Many people dont like that its a WoW clone with a singleplayer compo ent but that is exactly what attracted me to it.
    Most MMO lack purpose and after you leveled your character to the level cap
    Most MMO lack purpose and after you leveled your character to the level cap your only option is to go PvP-ing which i hate and will never understand.
    After you create a character you are thrown at the start of your character next adventure. I say next because most classes seem expirianced when you start and you don't feel like a kid thrown in the world with a wooden stick. You can see that your character did something before the events of the story and this is only another adventure on the way. That is specially noticable with trooper, smuggle and agent classes.
    There is also legacy which lets you connect your characters in a family tree as relatives, allies, spouses or rivals. You can unlock various perks for all of your characters that way.

It recently went free to play and I can say that I was a little bit disappointed with the amoint of restrictions but that disappointment was gone when I discovered that on The Cartel Market you can buy whatever you liked without spending money on something you dont want or consider unimportant. The prices are affordable too. For 20 dollars I bought 3 packs that unlock various things including speeder training, rocket boots for my entire legacy, various armor sets or pieces etc.

I really think this deserved better user score since most of the reviewers give 0 score because they disliked only one thing in the game.
  62. Apr 23, 2013
    VERY good game. even if you don't like Star Wars, you should still try this game. Many fun things to do, great storyline, large and vast maps, and immersive gameplay and role playing scenes. I highly recomend this game to all!
  63. Apr 18, 2013
    Despite the amount of trolls who will go out of their way to tell you that this game killed their first born and molested them inappropriately, THE GAME ISN'T BAD.

It's not genre breaking. It's a MMO it does what most MMO's do. That means it has issues like all MMO's. People will moan about class balance in PVP whenever they are getting slapped around. Strong server populations. And

Strong server populations. And you can play the story for free. So all those moaning about wanting KOTOR 3 can get their fill.

If you pay for $60 worth of unlocks then you get the near full experience without a sub.

It's not the greatest but it's far no where near the worst.
  64. Apr 18, 2013
    This is the first MMO I have ever played. My gf and I like it so much that we've just built her her own gaming PC so we can play at the same time and do missions together.
    That said, there are niggles that draw it away from a 9 or 10.
    There are far too many great things about the game to list them all but the top things are 1.) Storylines are great and there's eight of them (not
    That said, there are niggles that draw it away from a 9 or 10.

1.) Storylines are great and there's eight of them (not including dlc)!
    2.) Heaps of class and sub-class-specific abilities mean that you can play whatever type of game you want. Up close and personal, long-range, stealth, force powers, guns and grenades, whatever you like.
    3.) Awesome voice acting and very nice graphics meaning they will look good even if your PC is average or even a bit sub-par really anyone can get on board.

And then there are the niggly things that irritate me if I'm in a bad mood:

1.) EA servers are down more often than seems appropriate. Do they really ALL have to be down at the same time?
    2.) Walking. It never ends. I just want to get from A to B to do the next exciting thing but ME it takes a long time to get there, especially for the first several hours when you have to go everywhere on foot. Getting a speeder helps a bit but don't even get me started on the expanses of Tatooine.
    3.) Funny battle-oddities. Should I really be able to 'distract' an automated turret with a hologram of a sexy dancing girl?... lol

Niggles aside, big props to BioWare for a game that is overwhelmingly fun.
  65. Apr 15, 2013
    I think Star Wars: The Old Republic is a great game. I am big fan of Star Wars universe so I started playing this game as soon as I could, despite all hate that I read on forums. One year passed and I am still subscriber. I can say that this is my type of MMO. TOR has great story, nice community and SW atmosphere. Everything I wanted from a single game.
  66. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is just fu**** amazing pal, i'm seriously brotha. This game is perfect i play this when i get sick from the WoW. And man i gotta say in my opnion this game is so epic and perfect can i even describe the feel to play as a Sith and a Bounty Hunter, for example. Made your choices betwen Dark Side/Light Side, Companion approves or desagrement. Flirt, Kill, Torture, PvP, Warzones,This game is just fu**** amazing pal, i'm seriously brotha. This game is perfect i play this when i get sick from the WoW. And man i gotta say in my opnion this game is so epic and perfect can i even describe the feel to play as a Sith and a Bounty Hunter, for example. Made your choices betwen Dark Side/Light Side, Companion approves or desagrement. Flirt, Kill, Torture, PvP, Warzones, Duels, A really nice AI, an amazing balancing, Missions u praticaly just can finish with a group, Social and interactive dialogues from cutscenes with another players. I mean, man this game is epic and perfect, that's it. Expand
  67. Mar 28, 2013
    Star Wars The Old Republic is a free to play MMORPG developed by Bioware. Since its release at the end of 2011, the game has won many awards, including best MMO and best PC exclusive in 2011. The game is set during the times of the old republic which is over three thousand years before the rise of Darth Vader in the classic Star Wars films. In game you will have to choose whether you areStar Wars The Old Republic is a free to play MMORPG developed by Bioware. Since its release at the end of 2011, the game has won many awards, including best MMO and best PC exclusive in 2011. The game is set during the times of the old republic which is over three thousand years before the rise of Darth Vader in the classic Star Wars films. In game you will have to choose whether you are part of the galactic republic or the dark side of the evil empire. You will also have to choose your character class which determines the set of skills and abilities you will be able to have in game, such as being able to wield a light sabre or use a series of blasters and other long range weapons.

The game is suitable for most players due to its lack of bloody violence and foul language, however to the fact that the game is online and that you must be 13+ to register, it is recommended that this game is for teens and above.

Star wars The Old Republic has many built in features that make the game one of the best MMO’s available. The story telling is incredible down to the decision making within game, as every choice you make can alter the way the rest of the game will pan out for you and how others may react to you within game and will also determine your path of either light or the dark side. The game also has a stunning range of cinematic for both action scenes and conversations between players and A.I. The other cool function about any movie clip is your whole online party appear in the clip with your character and interact with the A.I in the same clips as you do, meaning that the whole game can be played together, between you and your friends.

Not only are you able to share your adventure with real friends, but you can also have an A.I companion which will accompany throughout your game. Your companions can also be customised to your preference, such as appearance and behaviour when facing enemies.

The combat system in SWTOR is a dynamic and detailed masterpiece, where every battle almost seems like a fight from the movies, as well as being on such a large scale. You are also granted your own personal star ship to fly in game, so there will also be intense space battles where you are made to attack or defend in your very own vehicle.

The game is also a full MMO, featuring massive multiplayer environments, player-vs.-player Warzones, multi-player Flashpoints, multi-group Operations, guilds, auction houses, crafting, mounts, and much more.

There is one downside to the game however, which is even though the game is free to unlock features such as operations and warzones, you must pay a £10 monthly subscription fee, however, if you enjoy the game that much then it is definitely worth becoming a member. I myself am a member and the jump from non-paid to paid offers so much more for the game, but it will only really be worth the £10 if you play the game enough. I rate Star Wars the Old Republic a solid 8/10, due to its amazing multiplayer functionality and compelling story line. The only thing that lets it down is the fact it is £10 a month if you want to play the game to its fullest potential, which is a lot for game, as that would be £120 pound a year just for extra features.
  68. Mar 9, 2013
    Although in terms of gameplay mechanics The Old Republic closely resembles World of Warcraft, it's not just another MMO. It's a full-blooded RPG that makes your character important from the start and tells stories that are worth following. It also allows you to enjoy them alone if you're not keen on that whole multiplayer thing.The addition of free-to-play has further broadened it's appeal!
  69. Mar 5, 2013
    My first impressions (after a year since playing the beta, which i loathed) is that SWTOR is a good MMO with lots of potential for growth and improvement; it does seem to be interested in being the star wars mmo that the people want, though they are moving a bit slowly on the 'f2p', or 'premier account' option; i bought the $5 digital upgrade pack for the speeder and the 'premier pack' atMy first impressions (after a year since playing the beta, which i loathed) is that SWTOR is a good MMO with lots of potential for growth and improvement; it does seem to be interested in being the star wars mmo that the people want, though they are moving a bit slowly on the 'f2p', or 'premier account' option; i bought the $5 digital upgrade pack for the speeder and the 'premier pack' at $10 (about 1000 cartel coins) for the early speeder access and a couple of other things (only affects one character)... so $10/character gets you a very playable game, plus the $5 for the account, all characters

-read my full breakdown on tumblr:
  70. Mar 3, 2013
    ToR is an interesting game, that doesn't mean it's necessarily good (though I for once certainly enjoyed the hell out of it), it's because TOR is a genuinely innovative as an MMO because it tried (and succeeded for the most part) to have 8 distinct epic class stories that suit any Star Wars fan's desire to role-play his own character, packed with the usual Bioware's consistentlyToR is an interesting game, that doesn't mean it's necessarily good (though I for once certainly enjoyed the hell out of it), it's because TOR is a genuinely innovative as an MMO because it tried (and succeeded for the most part) to have 8 distinct epic class stories that suit any Star Wars fan's desire to role-play his own character, packed with the usual Bioware's consistently well-written characters and plot.

Let's get ToR's uninspiring if competent parts out of the way as quickly as possible. The music is decent but not used often enough, the visual is well-designed but technically unimpressive and the environment is hit and miss. Voice acting, on the other hand, was consistently good (or at least I thought it would). Gameplay is competent if uninspiring. I've heard many people say the combat is very similar to WoW but I've never actually played that one beyond a few levels at a friend's house so I can't really confirm that. Combat in ToR is neither as tactical as Dragon Age nor as action-packed like Mass Effect 3, rather it tests the player's ability to juggle numerous abilities to maximum effect. For the most part all you'll be focusing managing your cooldown and force bar (or other equivalents of a mana bar). Beyond that there are also many other usual MMO stuffs that I don't care for for the most part such as Guild stuffs, raids, PvP (which was surprisingly good according to most people), etc.

Now onto the part that Bioware is known for, and for good reasons too. The writing and characters were on par with Bioware's usual standards, the lore was intriguing as well as fleshed out and the characters are numerous and distinct, if artificial due to the affection system. The story has ups and downs however. While they were well written and interesting, the pacing itself was severely hurt by the MMO format. Backtracking and endless side quests were the 2 biggest issues for me. Side quests kill any sense of momentum gained by the interesting class story and any remaining sense of flow is then finished off whenever you die by accidentally attracting a mob while fighting something else. Thankfully, the stories themselves when you finally get to them, are distinct and intriguing. Shockingly enough, the MMO doesn't just hurt the story-telling, it actually bolstered it in some ways. Having other people around actually helped me be immersed into the world sometimes. More importantly, having 8 classes mean that Bioware had to write full stories for characters that no one would actually write for a full Star Wars game, such as the story of the Imperial Agent, the Sith Warrior/Inquisitor, the Smuggler, etc. While there are ones that many people like and ones that most people hated, they essentially cover almost everyone's taste: the Imperial Agent is basically a sci-fi James Bonds (incidentally my favourite story so far), the Jedi Knight is your typical Star Wars story and the Smuggler is a humorous/adventurous story of a rogue living in the Star Wars universe. Furthermore, having all these classes provide the player with the ability to see the same universe through 8 different perspectives. As for the F2P model, yeah it has countless annoying restrictions but they're ultimately harmless in my opinion, at least up until you reach level 50. These restrictions are nearly all just either cosmetic or simply serve to slow you down. As a F2P player myself, I can confirm that these things are indeed infuriating but I willingly levelled my way up to 50 without paying any real money and that has to be a plus. But really, the game started out as a subscription game and getting a F2P model can't be a bad thing (for consumers) so I suggest you grab it if you have any interest in the game and see how it goes with the prologue.

In short, I had a blast at the game and I didn't have to pay anything for it (I know probably should). People may say that I gave it too high a score after pointing out so many that was wrong with it but ultimately it boils down to how much those shortcomings bother you. Yeah I'd have prefer it to be a single-player episodic series (so we can have all 8 classes) in order to solve the dumb pacing issues and absurd amount of production money but what is here is a very entertaining but flawed MMORPG that provides a new take on the genre in term of narrative. Since it's also free, definitely check it out if you're either a fan of Star Wars or a fan of Bioware story-telling.

p.s. Also I should point out that this is my first review and I rarely play MMORPG so avid fans of the genre should take note of that.
  71. Feb 13, 2013
    A high quality MMO with an immersive storyline. The companions is revolutionary and each class having its own unique story is really darn cool!! The end game has me a little bored which is why this did not het a 9 or 10, but the journey there is absolutely incredible. Whether you are a Star Wars fan or not, this is a great game.
  72. Feb 9, 2013
    Beh Star Wars The Old Republic veramente un bel gioco. Ma può anche essere bruttissimo, se lo si gioca in stile WoW o normale MMO... bisogna ascoltare, bisogna saper seguire la storia, straordinaria anche nelle quest secondarie. Bisogna intuire tutto l'immenso lavoro che BioWare ha fatto. Non un gioco perfetto anzi, ha tante pecche... ma siamo già alla versione 1.7, esiste conBeh Star Wars The Old Republic veramente un bel gioco. Ma può anche essere bruttissimo, se lo si gioca in stile WoW o normale MMO... bisogna ascoltare, bisogna saper seguire la storia, straordinaria anche nelle quest secondarie. Bisogna intuire tutto l'immenso lavoro che BioWare ha fatto. Non un gioco perfetto anzi, ha tante pecche... ma siamo già alla versione 1.7, esiste con possibilità Free to play e per di più esce già un'espansione (Rise of The Hutt cartell) questa primavera. Non ci vuole uno psicologo sociale per capire che chi dà giudizi negativi lo fa perchè attaccato ad altri giochi, ed ha paura che la fama di swtor possa in qualche modo intaccarli (impossibile, cmq, perchè swtor ha un pubblico molto più limitato del mondo fantasy, ed un bene così): 865 voti negativi (i fan di altri giochi) 1000 e passa i positivi (i fan di swtor) e solo 230 quelli medi (che lo hanno provato, e onestamente dicono la loro opinione). Da provare. Poi può non piacere, ma assolutamente un bel gioco, fatto da persone capaci a cui bisogna rendere onore! Expand
  73. Feb 8, 2013
    This game is Fun, Massive, and addicting once you get into your story. I'm not enjoying the free to play restrictions that they have since I used to be a paid subscriber. I'm still rating this as a 10 because of all the fun I had during that time, and the quality is wonderful like actually being part of the star wars galexy. Also Their are no quest boxes which is annoying and never readThis game is Fun, Massive, and addicting once you get into your story. I'm not enjoying the free to play restrictions that they have since I used to be a paid subscriber. I'm still rating this as a 10 because of all the fun I had during that time, and the quality is wonderful like actually being part of the star wars galexy. Also Their are no quest boxes which is annoying and never read they actually communicate with you with your own response and decision to make a good or bad choices which makes this game a must get now that its free. Expand
  74. Jan 31, 2013
    I had my good experienced in this game. I usually dont MMO but firstly when i saw SWTOR promo in year 2010, it was like 'Awesome' i will play this game... and i dont have any regrets because its an amazing game.
  75. Jan 11, 2013
    Although the game did start off slow and many people left, after the key issues were addressed, this is probably the best MMO that I have played. So many different things to do and so much customization. This is truly a great game.
  76. Jan 8, 2013
    I haven't reached the level cap yet, but so far this game IS living up to the hype. I actually find myself listening to the person/droid giving me a quest, (or mission if you want to be pedantic about it). The cut scenes are welcomed and the story line for the two types of characters I'm playing are entertaining. The very small gripes I have about the game are minuscule compared to theI haven't reached the level cap yet, but so far this game IS living up to the hype. I actually find myself listening to the person/droid giving me a quest, (or mission if you want to be pedantic about it). The cut scenes are welcomed and the story line for the two types of characters I'm playing are entertaining. The very small gripes I have about the game are minuscule compared to the overall value of the now "free to play", experience. I'll admit that some of the character models are a wonky and somewhat cartoonish, but that sensation is easily forgotten as one becomes further immersed in the story line and game play. I would also like to see Bioware/EA open up the source for add-ons, but this is far from a deal breaker. If you have the hard drive space and the patience for the very large download, it is well worth your time and energy. Expand
  77. Dec 29, 2012
    I have about 40 hours into this game and so far, I would say it's a 10. I dk the reason so many people disliked it, other than all I can say is that I have been an avid PC gamer my whole life, but shied away from MMOs, except Anarchy Online which I never could really get into. They just weren't my thing. However, this combination of story driven/MMO really bridged the gap for me. I canI have about 40 hours into this game and so far, I would say it's a 10. I dk the reason so many people disliked it, other than all I can say is that I have been an avid PC gamer my whole life, but shied away from MMOs, except Anarchy Online which I never could really get into. They just weren't my thing. However, this combination of story driven/MMO really bridged the gap for me. I can play alone or with others at any time, it's great. The graphics are retro but clean crisp, the stories are really fun, and the Star Wars atmospheres are just amazing, both in creativity and in breadth (politically as well as environmentally). And it's free, so if you're not sure, try it out. If you like it, try buying a few Cartel Coins to get a couple of unlocks and you will become a Preferred Player which is better anyway and not that expensive. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    The voice acting is marvelous and like nothing ever done in MMOs before, It's the type of thing that's bound to influence the genre (and it has). Great game! I think at its current state it has soooo much potential but it's up to EA/Bioware to make it happen. It's a very game as is and I think it can get way better. Truly one of the better MMOs in recent times.
  79. Dec 17, 2012
    Where do i start with SWTOR ? to start with i wont lie this game upon release was very very buggy. There is also no doubt in my mind at least that it seems like the developers released this game way too early to meet a unrealistic marketing schedule. But after playing this game for a while now and seeing the game overcome the initial bugs and unbalanced issues i will say the game is now aWhere do i start with SWTOR ? to start with i wont lie this game upon release was very very buggy. There is also no doubt in my mind at least that it seems like the developers released this game way too early to meet a unrealistic marketing schedule. But after playing this game for a while now and seeing the game overcome the initial bugs and unbalanced issues i will say the game is now a lot more highly polished and worthy of most gamers time. If you are a star wars fan this game is now a no brainer, the cost of the game is low and is either free to play of a very low monthly sub to enjoy a game with a few more shinies than the free to play players. I can honestly say ive wasted a lot more money on games not half as good as this game so give it a whirl. If you are a new player you are coming to the game at just the right time. Expand
  80. Dec 13, 2012
    Star Wars the Old Republic, is the first MMORPG in a long time to hold my attention for more than a few months. The game's story is engrossing and fun. Yes, it takes many of its mechanics from World of Warcraft, but it's a worth game in its own right. The game gets a bad rap for not meeting every player's dreams for the game, but it is only a game. It can't fulfill every person'sStar Wars the Old Republic, is the first MMORPG in a long time to hold my attention for more than a few months. The game's story is engrossing and fun. Yes, it takes many of its mechanics from World of Warcraft, but it's a worth game in its own right. The game gets a bad rap for not meeting every player's dreams for the game, but it is only a game. It can't fulfill every person's needs. It's a good game and I recommend anyone try it, especially now that it is Free to play. Expand
  81. Dec 11, 2012
    THiS GAME IS AWESOME BECAUSE ITS NOT THAT **** ASS **** OF A GAME GUILD WARS 2!!!! THE OLD REPUBLIC IS DA BESTZZ GAMETS VERZ!!! EVERY OTHER MMO SUCKS BECAUSE ITS NOT THE OLD REPUBLIC
  82. Nov 26, 2012
    Forget all the people who are saying that they played it for 3 months during which they hated it.

You dont play a game for months unless it's addictive, fun and well thought out.

Just try it yourself, (spend 5 bucks to become 'premium') and enjoy the ride.
  83. Nov 25, 2012
    This is a great game. I've been playing since the beginning and I'm still a subscriber. This game is for people who like to play games like World of Warcraft or Everquest 2 and are also fans of Star Wars or like the general theme of Star Wars. Most of the bad reviews come from either "Knights of the Old Republic" or "Star Wars Galaxies" fans. I understand perfectly why they don't like "TheThis is a great game. I've been playing since the beginning and I'm still a subscriber. This game is for people who like to play games like World of Warcraft or Everquest 2 and are also fans of Star Wars or like the general theme of Star Wars. Most of the bad reviews come from either "Knights of the Old Republic" or "Star Wars Galaxies" fans. I understand perfectly why they don't like "The Old Republic", it's not the same game as either of those two games. So my question is, why are they reviewing this game? I don't enjoy Star Wars movies. They don't interest me. Because of that, I don't think I have a valid opinion and don't review Star Wars movies. The bad reviews of this game come from people telling how it's not like KOTOR or SWG. Which was never the point. It's an MMORPG that takes place in the same timeline as KOTOR. And if they think remaking SWG was the way to go, they're wrong. SWG never saw anywhere near 1000000 subs and barely sold 1000000 copies. The Old Republic had a rough start, but sold 2 million copies in the first couple months. They started off with way too many servers, which alienated users. There was no good system to find people to group up for flash points. You couldn't edit the UI. They've fixed a lot of those problems. There are less servers and they are packed. They now have a random flashpoint/operation/group quest queue system. The UI can be completely customized, although there is no addons/mods for it. This game is a lot like WoW, as far as game play. The way the stories in the game are told are completely different. I think SWToR does a much better job. The story is probably SWToR's best feature. It makes leveling up not such a grind. One thing that bothers me is both fleets republic/sith look exactly the same. I don't care if the lore states they had the same contractors, that's just plain cheap. In most cases I would recommend reading a negative reviews to get a better picture of how a game is. This is not the case with this game. The people who give this game a bad review either want a completely different game or have never played an MMORPG. Expand
  84. Nov 25, 2012
    It's WoW with Jedi's. Does that sound like something you'll enjoy? For me it is. I had my doubts about this game from the beginning, but the more I play it the more I like it. Also, F2P is a nice feature. Sure they nickel and dime you for little things but you actually do it a lot for a little money. (Better than Everquest 2, Lotro and many others.)
  85. Nov 15, 2012
    Swtor is the only mmo-rpg that i ever got into. The story line for the different classes is what keeps me interested in the game. And all the fun operations. It took me allot of time before i got to lvl 50. I kinda sucked at the game before i got my rotation down. But i am addicted to the game now when i know what i am doing. And i never grow tiered of the interesting dialog in the game.Swtor is the only mmo-rpg that i ever got into. The story line for the different classes is what keeps me interested in the game. And all the fun operations. It took me allot of time before i got to lvl 50. I kinda sucked at the game before i got my rotation down. But i am addicted to the game now when i know what i am doing. And i never grow tiered of the interesting dialog in the game. And that is a major feature in the game in my opinion. Fully voiced dialog in a mmo. What madness is this. I love it and now i can't play any other mmo where you have to read the quest. Yeah i am a bit lazy that way. And i blame it all on this amazing game. Go get it. F2P is probably out by the time you read this. let's hope that the game don't get populated by twelve year old WOW veterans... Expand
  86. Oct 16, 2012
    Much like Rift, this MMO has taken the best bits from the past 10 years, polished them up, and created a fantastic game. People have been marking it down because it doesn't bring much new to the table (and this is true), but worth a perfect score because it is perfect in the MMO genre. The voice acting alone make it stand head and shoulders above the rest of them. I'm loving this game ...Much like Rift, this MMO has taken the best bits from the past 10 years, polished them up, and created a fantastic game. People have been marking it down because it doesn't bring much new to the table (and this is true), but worth a perfect score because it is perfect in the MMO genre. The voice acting alone make it stand head and shoulders above the rest of them. I'm loving this game ... REALLY loving this game. ---------------------------------> UPDATE 13/05/2012 ... Sadly, this game is dying. I haven't played for over a month and didn't renew my sub. There is a lack of people playing which led to hours where I played alone. Group quests were skipped as there was nobody to quest with. As a game, Star Wars is very, very good and I stand by my initial score. It doesn't deserve the bad press but had some VERY tough competition with Tera and Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. Will I play it again? Yes if it becomes FTP. Sadly, I won't be re-subbing any time soon. Expand
  87. Oct 13, 2012
    This game has easily the best levelling experience in any mmo I've ever played. Maybe, for people with 12 hours a day to play, they'll grow bored once they blast through. But, for someone with a job who plays one or two hours a day, I'm nowhere close to running out of content, and am never bored as the story I love in regular RPGs is in this game rather than constantly killing 12 boars forThis game has easily the best levelling experience in any mmo I've ever played. Maybe, for people with 12 hours a day to play, they'll grow bored once they blast through. But, for someone with a job who plays one or two hours a day, I'm nowhere close to running out of content, and am never bored as the story I love in regular RPGs is in this game rather than constantly killing 12 boars for some jerk I'll never meet again. Perhaps a bit linear- in fairness most RPGs are linear, and stories tend to be linear.

If you like having a huge world where you can just do anything (like kill 12 boars in a snowy place, or in a forest, or in the sea for some reason) you'll love GW2 instead which is free roaming mediocrity. I expected this game to be a mostly single player story with the option to multi play- and got exactly what I wanted.
  88. Sep 29, 2012
    Ok, I'll say it - I'm a former WoW player, and I was skeptical about trying this game, because I've been sucked into the hype of other would-be "WoW-Killers" like Warhammer and Aeon that ended up being profound disappointments - but my WoW friends talked me into it. You can imagine my shock when I ended up LOVING this game moreso than WoW (shocking, as I'd been convinced that WoW was theOk, I'll say it - I'm a former WoW player, and I was skeptical about trying this game, because I've been sucked into the hype of other would-be "WoW-Killers" like Warhammer and Aeon that ended up being profound disappointments - but my WoW friends talked me into it. You can imagine my shock when I ended up LOVING this game moreso than WoW (shocking, as I'd been convinced that WoW was the best game I'd ever played). Part of me is mystified as to why SWTOR failed as an MMO, because it contains so many revolutionary ideas - I love the crafting system, I love the fact that my character can actually have conversations with quest givers and I love the individual story lines of each class - and hey, I'm a female player so I LOVED the fact you could romance your companions. The only reason I stopped playing is because all of my friends left and went back to WoW, which pissed me off because I loved (and still love) SWTOR. It was my first BioWare game and ended up being the gateway drug that led me to try Dragon Age: Origins (Best. Game. EVER) and the Mass Effect trillogy (fantastic - if you ignore the ending of ME3). If you like Bioware games (the ones that were good ;)) this game hearkens back to the greatness that was once Bioware, and if you're not an MMO player, this game has a single-player feel that deserves to be played through (and it's apparently going F2P soon). I admit, there are essential features that were missing from SWTOR that led to its loss of subscribers - there was no Looking for Group feature, the end-game wasn't fully developed and (sadly) once your class story line was complete, that was it - nothing else. As well, one thing Blizzard has on Bioware is the fact that they create their games with both a PC and Mac platform (because, for all their faults, Blizzard can obviously see that Apple is on its way to taking over the world - LOL - and that the more people you make the game available to, the higher your subscriber base will be). I almost didn't get the game because I have a Mac (but ended up getting SWTOR and Windows 7 for Christmas), and I believe that Bioware was short-sighted in this decision and missed out on a lot of subscribers because they only released it on a PC platform. On the good side, the writing and stories of the classes I played (Imperial Agent, Inquisitor and Consular) were fantastic. The quests were engaging, humorous and well-written - and hey, there was sex and relationships in the game as well, which gave it an adult feel (not a panda in sight - or a Jar Jar Binks). I loved how I could make my character either dark side or light side, and was fascinated by the added lore to the Star Wars universe, as well as the several call-backs to KOTOR. I was a little disappointed in the battlegrounds (Huttball...oh, Huttball...why did I always get f'ing HUTTBALL?!) though the strength of this game lies in the rich class stories and the quests. I also loved the space battles, though it would have been cool if they'd included PvP space battles on release (and the features they promised us that came too late, like Legacy and same-sex options for romanceable companions). Honestly, and I might get down-voted for this because we're all pretty pissed at BiowarEA for ME3 and DA2, but I truly believe that SWTOR is better than WoW as a game, though perhaps it wasn't as successful as an MMO because it felt like a single player game WITHIN an MMO, which I believe tore away at the fabric that makes an MMO successful - the social aspect of the game, something Blizzard has down to a science. Because of your companions, you didn't particularly NEED another person to quest with, though it was still fun to quest with my friends. I was pretty angry when my friends all left SWTOR to go back to WoW (the population was tanking and it got harder for them to find groups, though in SWTOR, I didn't really care about doing dungeons/flashpoints because the questing and story aspect of the game was so engaging). I ended up going back with them until MoP came along. It made me sad that SWTOR isn't doing well, because I truly believe this is a high-quality game, and I will play it again once it goes F2P. I almost want to go back and pay a monthly fee, because it's worth it, really it is, but after ME3 I don't want to give Bioware any more of my money. I highly recommend this game, and believe it's lack of success lies in Bioware releasing the game before it was done (adding features like Legacy points long after people had already left) and their lack of flexibility when it comes to releasing the game on a Mac platform. What they did release was fantastic and I will play it again, but the features that keep MMO players around were missing, and BioWare wasn't savvy enough to release the game when it had the features needed to retain a subscriber base. Expand
  89. Sep 28, 2012
    This game is amazing, as a Star Wars fan i am very pleased, i don t get what people are complaining about, i think people are just so sad they have to bash on things. This game is pretty much like WoW in the Star Wars universe with voiced dialogue and better graphics like most people say. How is this a bad thing??? Wow has been the leading MMO for nearly a decade and its not like a lot ofThis game is amazing, as a Star Wars fan i am very pleased, i don t get what people are complaining about, i think people are just so sad they have to bash on things. This game is pretty much like WoW in the Star Wars universe with voiced dialogue and better graphics like most people say. How is this a bad thing??? Wow has been the leading MMO for nearly a decade and its not like a lot of other mmo out there are innovating much beyond this model. There are some bugs here and there but hey, which mmo hasn't? I deeply enjoy this game and hope it will fair better on the business point because i want it around for a long time. Screw the haters and their miserable lives.... Expand
  90. Sep 24, 2012
    Tor does a lot of things right, and in my opinion is the best MMO out there right now. Endgame doesn't do much for me anyway, so i won't comment on it, however, what i have played is fine. The game is constantly evolving and making the experience better. i usually play it on and off, because (like any game) it gets boring if you "overplay" it, but anygame does that, and some people justTor does a lot of things right, and in my opinion is the best MMO out there right now. Endgame doesn't do much for me anyway, so i won't comment on it, however, what i have played is fine. The game is constantly evolving and making the experience better. i usually play it on and off, because (like any game) it gets boring if you "overplay" it, but anygame does that, and some people just fail to realize that if you blow through the content without breaks, it's going to tire you out. Expand
  91. Sep 13, 2012
    Top complaints: 1. OMG SERVER QUEUES ARE SO LONG! Lol every MMO launch has these and by MMO standards TOR's launch has been incredibly smooth. 2. OMG LAG. Again, every MMO launch has this and it will go away soon after launch, new servers have already been confirmed to be added very soon. Also, it could be your Internet, and if it is, you may need a better service provider. 3. OMG NOTop complaints: 1. OMG SERVER QUEUES ARE SO LONG! Lol every MMO launch has these and by MMO standards TOR's launch has been incredibly smooth. 2. OMG LAG. Again, every MMO launch has this and it will go away soon after launch, new servers have already been confirmed to be added very soon. Also, it could be your Internet, and if it is, you may need a better service provider. 3. OMG NO INNOVATION. Ok, complain about every single FPS then. Complain about the consistency of the Elder Scrolls series and the Mass Effect series, as well as Pokemon (Among many more, especially Nintendo titles). Didn't think so. Bioware EXPLICITLY said that they weren't redesigning the combat, something people over-centralize on, and what they did say was that they were adding a fourth pillar (Story) and making exploration more rewarding, something that this game succeeds at very well, with meaningful decisions within the quests. That and there are very long questlines, which personally for me, is awesome. Holocrons located within tricky to reach areas (No doubt the wiki will have the guide to reach them all already down by now though) makes exploration more rewarding, as well as receiving a generous amount of EXP for every newly discovered location. 4. OMG BAD GRAPHICS. Really? Firstly graphics are one of the least important aspects of a game and treating them with more importance than the basic mechanics instantly makes you a moron. This is a game, not a movie. Secondly, the graphics were DELIBERATELY downgraded so the game could run on slower computers, so Bioware is actually doing you a FAVOR by making the graphics wors, to a degree, it would've been nice had we been given more graphic options to the game though. The style will age better than more realistic graphics however. Examples of this include WoW and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker which still looks awesome despite being around a decade old now (At the time of this review). Besides, the animations are far better than any I've seen in an MMO (That was needed for story character animations and Bioware's "Cinematic" combat, which they talked about a lot). 5. This isn't how a Star Wars MMO should be (Something along those lines anyway). Star wars Galaxies fanboys sad about how their game is being shut down around the release of this one. This isn't another SWG, and if you thought it was you didn't listen to Bioware. It's not their fault that they decided to go in a different design direction than you. Doesn't make the game bad, it would only be bad if their design was sloppy, which it isn't. In conclusion everyone who complains about these "Issues" are stupid or didn't listen to Bioware. You can't judge an MMO at launch (I got early access and played it for around two weeks straight now at the time of this review) because there is so much in it that you can't judge it within a couple of hours and launches are particularly stressful periods for MMOs. WoW's servers literally died at their launch. Now that I;ve finished ranting and gushing over this game, let's get a little more objective and calm. The combat and skill trees are nothing new, and even though BW did let us know this in advance to be honest I did epect SOME level of innovation. The combat has style, but the same substance that WoW had, and I honestly expected some differences that I failed to find. Crafting, is... Bad. Just leave it there. Otherwise i will rage my sad little heart out. At the end of the day however there is only one flaw that matters: The lack of endgame content. I have nothing to do at the end of the game other than couple of dungeons and PvP! The meat of te game is in the story so they seem to have forgotten the endgame content, leaving me bored and frustrated after the story ended. Perhaps they should have given us some endgame story missions or something, because there's not much to do after the grind is over. My advice: Pick this up, do the class stories, then cancel your subscription. Because the stories are amazing, but there's not enough endgame content to justify sticking around after that. Expand
  92. Aug 31, 2012
    Star Wars: the Old Republic is a good MMORPG. Not a perfect one, yes, but good nonetheless. The story lines are incredibly addictive, graphics are quite good (not top the line, but it's a MMO), and the game is full of information regarding the SW Lore.
    The companion system is really interesting: having the ability to get a character fighting beside you, sharing your adventure with you, is helpful and story-wise really nice. Moreover, they're the ones doing your crafts for you!
  93. Aug 24, 2012
    I have played all major western MMOs since Asheron's Call (even had my hand on Meridian and UO before that). And SWTOR is one great game.... or so it was, until you got to the endgame.
    The endgame was too lacking, too easy (when not bugging) and a bit too many bugs.
    Now some of the bugs are gone, but still the game lacks endgame. The Game is GREAT when it comes to smooth and great

Now some of the bugs are gone, but still the game lacks endgame.

The Game is GREAT when it comes to smooth and great storylines for all except 2 of the classes. The last two classes had decent one IMHO.

If you're looking for a game to start up with, and like Star Wars, now that most of the bugs are gone, its a great game to play.
  94. Aug 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, this game takes many mechanics and game styles from WoW. But this game does some things differently that make it a truly great modern MMO. I have reached max level and played through multiple characters stories, and this alone is a reason to come back to the game. They have also included some great starting Warzones, and Ops that provide a decent amount of Endgame content, although they could definitely improve in this aspect. With the recent addition of Rated Warzones it has put in even more replay value that will keep me subscribed for months to come. With the addition of a new Dynamic event later this month, and 1.4 which will provide a new Warzone, 10 new Space Missions, and a new Op... I think Bioware has finally realized that they need to release content more often to keep a strong player base and they will be doing just that in the months to come. If you are looking for KOTOR 3, I guess you could give this a go. It does feature story elements from the past KOTOR games and *SPOILER* You will come across Revan *SPOILER*. That being said, this is an MMO and it is not specifically tailored to be a story driven game, although when compared to other MMO's this certainly has the best story out of any that I have played. The Dialogues and cutscenes make it feel as if you make a difference in your story and it allows for so many possibilities later on in your story line. But the one thing that this game has perfected... is the crafting system! You get companions as you level which allow you to send them out on missions collecting mats, and once they have collected the mats, they can be sent to craft your items. This means that you can be crafting while in a Flashpoint or Warzone rather than having to sit at your trainer using the Anvil to craft new gear. You can have a total of 6 companions and can send 5 out at a time at lvl 50 which allows for some serious crafting and profit!! Overall I think that all MMO players need to give this game a shot. Yes in the first few months it was slow with patches and content releases, but Bioware has kicked it into gear and are finally responding to the community!

Overall this game has great story elements and well balanced class PvP. They could use a few more Warzones and Ops and they definitely need a better World PvP system. Other than that I have no complaints and will stay subbed for a loooong time!

Hope to see you in Game!!!
  95. Jul 30, 2012
    I'll start by saying I'm a huge star wars fan. Maybe not a total know-it-all fan, but love the genre and love this game. Sure It's not perfect, but what game is? I think the storyline is great, especially when you get to make decisions like a choose your own adventure story. I started with a Sith Warrior and took him to lvl 50 and I've started 6 more classes. I will say for the most part II'll start by saying I'm a huge star wars fan. Maybe not a total know-it-all fan, but love the genre and love this game. Sure It's not perfect, but what game is? I think the storyline is great, especially when you get to make decisions like a choose your own adventure story. I started with a Sith Warrior and took him to lvl 50 and I've started 6 more classes. I will say for the most part I don't have all the problems with game-play as a lot of people say they do and sure, I may lag from time to time, but what on-line game doesn't. I bought the game from the store, loaded it right up, and started playing without a hitch( I've been playing for 6 months now). I'm not a computer genus, but I did build my own computer and think maybe some of the problems I've seen on the forums may be operator error. If you read a review from a WoW vet, take it with a grain of sand. I didn't like WoW, played it for three months and cancelled. However, I love this game. I'm sure to the die-hard player that expects nothing but perfection, this game has a numerous if not an infinite number of issues, but to a person that loves Star Wars and likes an RPG with some social aspects, then here you go. I think that this game will only get better with time. Expand
  96. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome Game with many options for a different story line depending on player's choices. If you love Star Wars you'll love this game. May the force be with you!!!!!
  97. Jul 24, 2012
    Brilliant sharp graphics, great end game dungeons + Star Wars universe. Since the 1.3 patch, the group finder and server merges have been a revelation, all of sudden thousands of people playing and groups are found in under a minute.

The only disappointment is the lack of PvP open world encounters during normal questing.

Needs wookies :P
  98. Jul 15, 2012
    I'm a big fan of the two Knights of the Old Republic games for which this game is a loose sequel. I have to admit I was worried that the Old Republic wouldn't live up to the achievement of the original games. Though TOR isn't as groundbreaking as its predecessors, it is still a damn good game. The sheer size of the game gives you the freedom to go anywhere you would want to as a Star WarsI'm a big fan of the two Knights of the Old Republic games for which this game is a loose sequel. I have to admit I was worried that the Old Republic wouldn't live up to the achievement of the original games. Though TOR isn't as groundbreaking as its predecessors, it is still a damn good game. The sheer size of the game gives you the freedom to go anywhere you would want to as a Star Wars fan, and the missions that accompany this universe are actually quite addictive rather than repetitive. The combat is still pretty good, and it far outranks the button mashing fps games of today's world. The plots have an epic feel to them, however, much like the companions, they lack the personal feel that was present in the KOTOR games. Besides that point though, I have to say that Bioware have still got it, and TOR is an impressive and inventive game. However, I believe it would have fared better as just an RPG, rather than an MMORPG, as it would have allowed more room for the personal points of KOTOR to be integrated into it. Expand
  99. Jul 12, 2012
    Great MMO that really adds some novelty to the genre. The stories told are really good, there is one different story per class, great voice acting . It's really worth it to level up multiple characters. I have so far 2 lvl 50 on republic side and leveling 2 more on empire side. There is a lot to do after lvl 50 : operations, world bosses, pvp, space combat.
    Only down sides would be
    Only down sides would be customization of characters and graphics that aren't state of the art but they are still pretty good.
  100. Jul 11, 2012
    SW: TOR is a very formidable adventure MMORPG, with a lot of polish and a great sense of atmosphere. If you enjoy games like Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, or Rift, and you love Star Wars.

1. Apr 23, 2012
    LucasArts generally exercised greater quality control of Star Wars games than most licensed properties receive, though that didn't necessarily translate into titles that were actually good. I've played a few other Star Wars games in the past, and while the SNES platformers were pretty good, this one is even better. Knights of the Old Republic may just be the best game in the franchise, and succeeds at being a top-tier RPG even if one has no interest in Star Wars. BioWare did the license proud.
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    I wound up bailing out on Star Wars: The Old Republic well before hitting the level cap, but not before digging into it more so than any other MMO I've played. Even if it is an unhappy marriage between two wildly different game types, the fact that it kept me hooked for so long at least counts for something.
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    A good game. It pays excellent homage to the film series (even though it's set before the movies), and is a really solid MMO.