9.2

1. Sep 19, 2011
    AMAZING!!! even better than WOW!!!
  2. Aug 16, 2010
    This game is never getting old :) Now that SC2 is finally out I put my Starcraft cd-s onto my shelves.. One week before Starcraft 2 Beta I was still playing with the 1st sequel and i have been creating and scripting custom maps for that game for years!! Love the feeling, epic ending, characters, stories, races, music, cutscenes and everything about this game!
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    a very overrated game. even at the time it was made, it had poor graphics, horrible UI, just plain annoying resource collection. ridiculously low unit cap (there are 20 people on the ENTIRE PLANET) terrible unit AI requiring silly amounts micromanagement. has a horrible case of scissors paper rock, made worse by the small selection of units. it has two saving graces- firstly its story isa very overrated game. even at the time it was made, it had poor graphics, horrible UI, just plain annoying resource collection. ridiculously low unit cap (there are 20 people on the ENTIRE PLANET) terrible unit AI requiring silly amounts micromanagement. has a horrible case of scissors paper rock, made worse by the small selection of units. it has two saving graces- firstly its story is fairly ok, but this is fairly extraneous on a multiplayer oriented game. secondly, it has the best support for any game ever. but while lack of polish can break a game, lots of polish does not make a game Expand
  4. Jan 25, 2013
    Best game ever made. Will never be surpassed. Period.
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    Great singleplayer coupled with great mutliplayer creates an experience like no other. The music is great, the gameplay is fluent and solid. You'll have a ton of fun playing it.
  6. Mar 5, 2013
    Easily the best RTS game in history. Not for the faint of heart. For mavericks only. If you are a candle in the wind, this game is not for you. However if you consider yourself not to be a grab it and have fun
  7. Mar 17, 2013
    Even after 10 years, this is still a standout title. It's aged very very well. One of those games that you can't stop playing. It's an absolutely perfect example of easy to learn, hard to master, there's something here for anyone with any interest in RTS. Still doesn't look too bad graphically, well except for the cutscenes. After the first mission theres one in particular where the peopleEven after 10 years, this is still a standout title. It's aged very very well. One of those games that you can't stop playing. It's an absolutely perfect example of easy to learn, hard to master, there's something here for anyone with any interest in RTS. Still doesn't look too bad graphically, well except for the cutscenes. After the first mission theres one in particular where the people are so badly rendered and the dialogue is so hilarious I was busting my sides. Even the better people look ridiculous. Blizzard had a nasty habit of having horribly modeled people with freaky faces. It's a really awesome game though, and I really suggest it to anyone. Expand
  8. Apr 17, 2014
    Best RTS game ever.Very good game balance.3 race with different gameplay, in 1998 it was revolution.Also it perfect Multiplayer perfect game game.Fast and hardcore.
  9. Oct 2, 2010
    I still remember coming home from school to play this game with friends and stopping just in time for bed time and thinking "I forgot to eat again" ah the good days~
  10. Dec 28, 2010
    Even this game is pushing on 13 years old it is still one of the best RTS games ever released for PC/MAC, and until Starcraft II, the best game released by Blizzard ever!
  11. Jul 20, 2011
    This has to be the best RTS iv ever played! 3 different chapters with 3 different groups and some levals that you really got to put up a good fight and make good strategy's and decisions and just a really fun game, it even has multiplayer if you get bord with the campain. Create classes, make building to help further your base and then destroy the enemy. This is a really solid PC game.
  12. Oct 13, 2011
    Blizzard had become the evil empire of gaming, perhaps even more so than EA since the release of WoW - but you cannot deny the incredible ingenuity and epic scope of the games they made before that time.
    Starcraft was not the first RTS that Blizzard made (all the Warcraft titles) but was certainly the best. Anyone criticizing this game for anything needs to have their head hit against a wall.
    This game is so good, it is literally a national sport in Korea. The guys who win the national championship for this game are put on the Wheaties box - yes, just like Olympic athletes. Unreal.
    This is one of the best games ever, and certainly the best RTS ever - the incredible balance of the game has never been equaled since.
    Play this game now - then go play StarCraft II, it is not as good, but far more updated.
  13. May 29, 2011
    One of greatest RTS of all time, but personally im not a big fan of how its all about APM. "You snooze, you lose" is very accurate for this game, you must be 100% focused when playing it. No wonder its treated more as a sport than a game.
  14. Jul 5, 2011
    I used to play this game back in the day with an old friend of mine, this game was just plain fun at the time it was a must have if you like strategy games.
  15. Nov 2, 2011
    The best RTS period! Drop a copy on any old computer you can find and give away! Put a copy on your new computer for nostalgia! This old game don't really get that old.
  16. Jan 1, 2012
    Best RTS ever released for a few simple reasons.
    Its 3 solo campaigns are perfectly balanced from start to end, perfectly scripted, versatile, challenging and supported by an intense storyline that easily outshines other rts.
    Best RTS ever released for a few simple reasons.
    Multiplayer and matchmaking was close to beeing perfectly balanced on release and just needed a few minor fixes to reach a level that allowed starcraft to be the nr.1 platform for competetive gaming in rts genre.
    Every single unit of the 3 races in this game has its value and it is just up to the player if he can make use of it or not. A hand full of the cheapest units can be enough to win a game even after a long game of for example an hour. This is also what seperates starcraft from other games.
  17. Jan 7, 2012
    Epic. After almost 14 years, I still play it with my friends. Although his game created e-sports thanks to battle.net, its best multiplayer mode is LAN! LAN ftw!
  18. Feb 27, 2012
    Classic game.
    Best RTS ever.
    On the golden table in Hall of fame for PC games.
    Just one word: Starcraft !
    10 of 10 and no other mentions to consider).
  19. Mar 9, 2012
    Blizzard is master at creating games that require skill, thinking or planning. Starcraft requires all of them and plays out beautifully, on top of a good story.
  20. Apr 7, 2012
    Starcraft is truly a landmark RTS game, and an absolute joy to play. I have spent hour upon hour playing this game and every moment was worth the experience. Even today Starcraft is still played, which is a testament to it's brilliant design.
  21. Jun 17, 2012
    Starcraft is a classic. Today,it is still one of the most popular franchises in the world! Yes its player base is set mostly in south Korea, but the skill involved in veteran game play is unbelievable! Imagine playing any other game with over 300 APM, not many games can claim that. It's too bad Blizzard (the producers of the game) set their sights on other projects including Diablo III andStarcraft is a classic. Today,it is still one of the most popular franchises in the world! Yes its player base is set mostly in south Korea, but the skill involved in veteran game play is unbelievable! Imagine playing any other game with over 300 APM, not many games can claim that. It's too bad Blizzard (the producers of the game) set their sights on other projects including Diablo III and Starcraft 2 - it's projected to die within the year. Expand
  22. Jul 1, 2012
    This is truly the best RTS out there. Its very skill based game with a really competitive game design combined with a balanced unit design. Just watching the games of competitive players is fun and entertaining.
  23. Jul 30, 2012
    The prefect balanced RTS with 3 really different play style ! This game is only really polished with the units of the sequel (Brood Wars). Even i tested a lot of others RTS (included Blizzard ones) that one is for me the best balanced !
  24. Mar 8, 2014
    It's almost exactly like diablo 2... This game was one of the best of its time... If you go play starcraft or diablo 2 now its full of hackers but in its time it was the best thing you could get. Personally i would still play it over a lot of new games.
  25. Sep 2, 2012
    I have put more time into this game than any other game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. This along with Chrono Trigger are the best childhood gaming memories I have. This game seriously does not get old, to this day I love playing on BattleNet when nerds aren't spam hacking the game list, and the UMS aspect of the game I think is one of its greatest features and one of theI have put more time into this game than any other game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. This along with Chrono Trigger are the best childhood gaming memories I have. This game seriously does not get old, to this day I love playing on BattleNet when nerds aren't spam hacking the game list, and the UMS aspect of the game I think is one of its greatest features and one of the greatest features of any video game in history. Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2012
    Greatest game ever made. Nothing will ever beat the community of good ol' b.net 1.0.
  27. Nov 16, 2012
    I remember playing this game for hours after it was released i enjoyed the multiplayer/map editor the most. It is one of the best RTS games created and well worth the time playing. It was not my favorite but it is a game that is very enjoyable to play.
  28. Jun 19, 2013
    I've spent so many hours of my life on this game, I may as well have gone pro. So much fun to play in LAN with your friends. Great storylines for each race, all interwoven together nicely, and very memorable characters. The graphics were fantastic for its time, I remember being very impressed by how realistic it all looked when I first played this. Now of course it looks dated and old, butI've spent so many hours of my life on this game, I may as well have gone pro. So much fun to play in LAN with your friends. Great storylines for each race, all interwoven together nicely, and very memorable characters. The graphics were fantastic for its time, I remember being very impressed by how realistic it all looked when I first played this. Now of course it looks dated and old, but they don't call it a classic because it's new; it's old! But it never gets old. Haha

I no longer play the original, but I still have the CD and only uninstalled it finally about four years ago. I play SC2 now. You could probably get this basically for free from a friend or online and if you love RTS games, you cannot go wrong with Starcraft.
  29. Dec 11, 2012
    This game is very good. Its's frustratingly hard, but it has solid gameplay and challenges the mind to think unlike any other game I'VE played. I'm not very good though and it is difficult to learn and master, so prepare to spend lots of time just learning basics. It is a good game non the less, though.
  30. Jan 24, 2013
    I really find it funny how some recent reviews criticize this game. I got this game the day it originally came out. And it was absolutely amazing! Up until then, almost all RTS games were just Command & Conquer clones, and the ones that weren't were usually bad. Starcraft revolutionized the RTS industry, showing developers everywhere: Hey, Westwood aren't the only ones who can do it. ToI really find it funny how some recent reviews criticize this game. I got this game the day it originally came out. And it was absolutely amazing! Up until then, almost all RTS games were just Command & Conquer clones, and the ones that weren't were usually bad. Starcraft revolutionized the RTS industry, showing developers everywhere: Hey, Westwood aren't the only ones who can do it. To date this is still one of my favorite games of all time and I still prefer it to its sequel. To anyone who speak hate of this game, well, I feel sorry for you. a shame you'll never have a real appreciation for games. Overall: A fantastic RTS game that will be treasured classic for anyone with taste. Expand
  31. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the top 5 genre-defining strategy games, well up there with Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation, Command and Conqueror, Dune, etc. Any serious fan of strategy games owes it to themselves to play this - it is the source of many of the genre's conventions. The graphics are dated, yes, but everything else is of legendary quality, and you can pick it up fairly cheaply nowadays.
  32. Apr 25, 2013
    Back in the days when Blizzard were still small guys trying to make a living, they gave the world one of the best games there is.
    Enter StarCraft.
    Enter StarCraft.
    With interesting story, addictive gameplay, this masterpiece was easy to learn and hard to master. Both unforgivable and rewarding, there was nothing like clash of massive armies, one of which you spend skill and resources to build, and controlled at your best. Immersing yourself in Koprulu sector for battles, everyday after school with your friends, building precious memories and nostalgia of a time when Blizzard did give a damn for you.
    These were the golden ages of multiplayer, and StarCraft was one of the giants. With time the game became a cult, a passion, a sport, a legacy which to this day is cherished, loved, respected.
    Today, the mighty Blizzard have fallen, they are nothing but a former glory, a shadow of once a great giant committed to deliver to his followers...
    But still, if you didn't play this game do yourself a favor, and taste what was Blizzard at it's best!
  33. Jun 23, 2013
    If pro players can make a LIVING off of this game, you know that something is right about this game. One of the if not the best RTS game made in a very, very long time.
  34. May 19, 2013
    This game is a good RTS. There are many people who play the game today. It has a good storyline. The graphics and cinematic were good as well. Voice acting brought a new experience and leaves you to play more. I would recommend this game!
  35. Jul 1, 2014
    i don't really see how this is a star of the RTS genre
    there isn't much strategy, as the only real units you train are your first ones (I.E marines and zerglings)
    that's spam, not strategy.
  36. Oct 25, 2014
    i played this game for thousands of hours since release. now it may look very dated compared to other rts games but still it was very good for its time, for me its up there with RA, AoE, RoC.
  37. Nov 24, 2013
    Popular at the same time with Age of Empires. Two great RTS games with different backgrounds. The unit building process and technology tree in Starcraft are much simpler, allowing the players to put more emphasis on how to win the battles.
  38. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

39. Aug 5, 2014
    To this day the best multiplayer strategy game of all time. 3 completely different factions, yet perfectly balanced, still not sure how they achieved this, but it's a huge achievement. Incredibly fun, playable and fantastic on every level. The visuals, music, all the different troops with their voices, cinematics. The single player campaign was good, but it's the multiplayer that turnedTo this day the best multiplayer strategy game of all time. 3 completely different factions, yet perfectly balanced, still not sure how they achieved this, but it's a huge achievement. Incredibly fun, playable and fantastic on every level. The visuals, music, all the different troops with their voices, cinematics. The single player campaign was good, but it's the multiplayer that turned Starcraft into a timeless classic. 10/10 Expand
  40. Feb 28, 2014
    15 years ago i have putted 8/10. It is still the best RTS game for strategy with the expansion pack Brood War. Very nice missions. Good story line. Balanced races.
    less : graphics, need to build from scratch in pvp which is annoying (like other RTS games)
    Game play : 7/10, graphics : 3/10, background : 7/10, lifetime : 7/10, sound : 7/10
  41. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is awesome, but it really doesn't deserve as much attention as it has now.

I have never played an RTS game that is as balanced as Starcraft. Even Starcraft 2, the acclaimed sequel to the game, can't beat it. Which is surprising, really, since everyone expected Blizzard to learn from their mistakes. Now, I've hear many idiots that say that this game is the traditional stats

Now, I've hear many idiots that say that this game is the traditional stats vs. stats and numbers vs. numbers. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you understand the speed and quality of each individual unit, the game could be so much more than just the free-for-all that many have chosen to make it.

"If you like it so much, then why do you say that it doesn't deserve publicity?", you may ask?

Because it's just a game. Honestly, people have been making RTS games similar to Starcraft for years. It's just the fact that Starcraft does it a little better than the average RTS game. Nothing to it.

I'm going to go ahead and give it a 8, just because I spent a lot of time enjoying it. Definitely not a waste of money.
  42. May 24, 2014
    Back in the good old days where Blizzard actually knew how to make good games and not ONLY care about money but the gamers as well.
    This has no DRM on there(Except for the Regular one time CD key) unlike SC2 and has greater versatility(you can play on your laptop were ever you want)
    You could play on as many computers as you want you could trade it in you dont an account just the game running.
  43. Nov 20, 2014
    Starcraft is a challenging yet fun-to-play Real Time Strategy game. It is especially enjoyable when playing the multiplayer with friends or online opponents.
  44. Nov 20, 2014
    Simply put, Starcraft is the finest game ever to be made. People have literally died from playing too much Starcraft. It essentially created eSports. It popularized RTS (real-time strategy) games. The balanced asymmetry was truly a unique feature, one that has been difficult for other studios to emulate. The use-map settings created an incubator in which entire genres of games wereSimply put, Starcraft is the finest game ever to be made. People have literally died from playing too much Starcraft. It essentially created eSports. It popularized RTS (real-time strategy) games. The balanced asymmetry was truly a unique feature, one that has been difficult for other studios to emulate. The use-map settings created an incubator in which entire genres of games were produced.

Starcraft is the father of modern gaming.

1. If real aliens turn up while you are playing this, they don’t stand a chance of getting your attention.
  2. You get a fun, instantly appealing, easy to play-hard to master real-time strategy, with character and an endless amount of playability.
  3. It truly revolutionizes and sets a new standard for real-time strategy games on the PC.