Starcraft PC

9.1

1. MarekM
    Nov 18, 2009
    Good plot, interesting campaign, great playability. As singleplayer this game is great strategy, need thinking and planning (especially in Brood War), and does have THIS. Even it's really primitive, it's great, I can hardly understand, why it's so addicting, but it realy is. As a multiplayer: it's not a strategy, it requires to much agility (>250apm is for people with Good plot, interesting campaign, great playability. As singleplayer this game is great strategy, need thinking and planning (especially in Brood War), and does have THIS. Even it's really primitive, it's great, I can hardly understand, why it's so addicting, but it realy is. As a multiplayer: it's not a strategy, it requires to much agility (>250apm is for people with ADHD, not for strategists). Expand
  2. Jun 17, 2012
    Starcraft is a classic. Today,it is still one of the most popular franchises in the world! Yes its player base is set mostly in south Korea, but the skill involved in veteran game play is unbelievable! Imagine playing any other game with over 300 APM, not many games can claim that. It's too bad Blizzard (the producers of the game) set their sights on other projects including Diablo III andStarcraft is a classic. Today,it is still one of the most popular franchises in the world! Yes its player base is set mostly in south Korea, but the skill involved in veteran game play is unbelievable! Imagine playing any other game with over 300 APM, not many games can claim that. It's too bad Blizzard (the producers of the game) set their sights on other projects including Diablo III and Starcraft 2 - it's projected to die within the year. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    The prefect balanced RTS with 3 really different play style ! This game is only really polished with the units of the sequel (Brood Wars). Even i tested a lot of others RTS (included Blizzard ones) that one is for me the best balanced !
  4. Mar 8, 2014
    It's almost exactly like diablo 2... This game was one of the best of its time... If you go play starcraft or diablo 2 now its full of hackers but in its time it was the best thing you could get. Personally i would still play it over a lot of new games.
  5. Sep 2, 2012
    I have put more time into this game than any other game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. This along with Chrono Trigger are the best childhood gaming memories I have. This game seriously does not get old, to this day I love playing on BattleNet when nerds aren't spam hacking the game list, and the UMS aspect of the game I think is one of its greatest features and one of theI have put more time into this game than any other game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. This along with Chrono Trigger are the best childhood gaming memories I have. This game seriously does not get old, to this day I love playing on BattleNet when nerds aren't spam hacking the game list, and the UMS aspect of the game I think is one of its greatest features and one of the greatest features of any video game in history. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2012
    Greatest game ever made. Nothing will ever beat the community of good ol' b.net 1.0.
  7. Nov 14, 2015
    This was the 2nd most addicting PC game I've ever played, after Diablo. It is still considered the best RTS game of all time, and rightfully so. The custom player maps were amazing. I remember the awesomely good Top vs Bottom matches, and others.
  8. Nov 16, 2012
    I remember playing this game for hours after it was released i enjoyed the multiplayer/map editor the most. It is one of the best RTS games created and well worth the time playing. It was not my favorite but it is a game that is very enjoyable to play.
  9. Jun 19, 2013
    I've spent so many hours of my life on this game, I may as well have gone pro. So much fun to play in LAN with your friends. Great storylines for each race, all interwoven together nicely, and very memorable characters. The graphics were fantastic for its time, I remember being very impressed by how realistic it all looked when I first played this. Now of course it looks dated and old, butI've spent so many hours of my life on this game, I may as well have gone pro. So much fun to play in LAN with your friends. Great storylines for each race, all interwoven together nicely, and very memorable characters. The graphics were fantastic for its time, I remember being very impressed by how realistic it all looked when I first played this. Now of course it looks dated and old, but they don't call it a classic because it's new; it's old! But it never gets old. Haha

I no longer play the original, but I still have the CD and only uninstalled it finally about four years ago. I play SC2 now. You could probably get this basically for free from a friend or online and if you love RTS games, you cannot go wrong with Starcraft.
  10. Dec 11, 2012
    This game is very good. Its's frustratingly hard, but it has solid gameplay and challenges the mind to think unlike any other game I'VE played. I'm not very good though and it is difficult to learn and master, so prepare to spend lots of time just learning basics. It is a good game non the less, though.
  11. Jan 24, 2013
    I really find it funny how some recent reviews criticize this game. I got this game the day it originally came out. And it was absolutely amazing! Up until then, almost all RTS games were just Command & Conquer clones, and the ones that weren't were usually bad. Starcraft revolutionized the RTS industry, showing developers everywhere: Hey, Westwood aren't the only ones who can do it. ToI really find it funny how some recent reviews criticize this game. I got this game the day it originally came out. And it was absolutely amazing! Up until then, almost all RTS games were just Command & Conquer clones, and the ones that weren't were usually bad. Starcraft revolutionized the RTS industry, showing developers everywhere: Hey, Westwood aren't the only ones who can do it. To date this is still one of my favorite games of all time and I still prefer it to its sequel. To anyone who speak hate of this game, well, I feel sorry for you. a shame you'll never have a real appreciation for games. Overall: A fantastic RTS game that will be treasured classic for anyone with taste. Expand
  12. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the top 5 genre-defining strategy games, well up there with Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation, Command and Conqueror, Dune, etc. Any serious fan of strategy games owes it to themselves to play this - it is the source of many of the genre's conventions. The graphics are dated, yes, but everything else is of legendary quality, and you can pick it up fairly cheaply nowadays.
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    Back in the days when Blizzard were still small guys trying to make a living, they gave the world one of the best games there is.
    Enter StarCraft.
    Enter StarCraft.
    With interesting story, addictive gameplay, this masterpiece was easy to learn and hard to master. Both unforgivable and rewarding, there was nothing like clash of massive armies, one of which you spend skill and resources to build, and controlled at your best. Immersing yourself in Koprulu sector for battles, everyday after school with your friends, building precious memories and nostalgia of a time when Blizzard did give a damn for you.
    These were the golden ages of multiplayer, and StarCraft was one of the giants. With time the game became a cult, a passion, a sport, a legacy which to this day is cherished, loved, respected.
    Today, the mighty Blizzard have fallen, they are nothing but a former glory, a shadow of once a great giant committed to deliver to his followers...
    But still, if you didn't play this game do yourself a favor, and taste what was Blizzard at it's best!
  14. Jun 23, 2013
    If pro players can make a LIVING off of this game, you know that something is right about this game. One of the if not the best RTS game made in a very, very long time.
  15. May 19, 2013
    This game is a good RTS. There are many people who play the game today. It has a good storyline. The graphics and cinematic were good as well. Voice acting brought a new experience and leaves you to play more. I would recommend this game!
  16. Jul 1, 2014
    i don't really see how this is a star of the RTS genre
    there isn't much strategy, as the only real units you train are your first ones (I.E marines and zerglings)
    that's spam, not strategy.
  17. Oct 25, 2014
    i played this game for thousands of hours since release. now it may look very dated compared to other rts games but still it was very good for its time, for me its up there with RA, AoE, RoC.
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    Popular at the same time with Age of Empires. Two great RTS games with different backgrounds. The unit building process and technology tree in Starcraft are much simpler, allowing the players to put more emphasis on how to win the battles.
  19. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

20. Mar 15, 2015
    On of the Best of not the BEST RTS game ever made. Revolutionary. This was in an age when developers produced high quality games and before publishers turned into greedy bastards they are today.
  21. Aug 5, 2014
    To this day the best multiplayer strategy game of all time. 3 completely different factions, yet perfectly balanced, still not sure how they achieved this, but it's a huge achievement. Incredibly fun, playable and fantastic on every level. The visuals, music, all the different troops with their voices, cinematics. The single player campaign was good, but it's the multiplayer that turnedTo this day the best multiplayer strategy game of all time. 3 completely different factions, yet perfectly balanced, still not sure how they achieved this, but it's a huge achievement. Incredibly fun, playable and fantastic on every level. The visuals, music, all the different troops with their voices, cinematics. The single player campaign was good, but it's the multiplayer that turned Starcraft into a timeless classic. 10/10 Expand
  22. Feb 28, 2014
    15 years ago i have putted 8/10. It is still the best RTS game for strategy with the expansion pack Brood War. Very nice missions. Good story line. Balanced races.
    less : graphics, need to build from scratch in pvp which is annoying (like other RTS games)
    Game play : 7/10, graphics : 3/10, background : 7/10, lifetime : 7/10, sound : 7/10
  23. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is awesome, but it really doesn't deserve as much attention as it has now.

I have never played an RTS game that is as balanced as Starcraft. Even Starcraft 2, the acclaimed sequel to the game, can't beat it. Which is surprising, really, since everyone expected Blizzard to learn from their mistakes. Now, I've hear many idiots that say that this game is the traditional stats

Now, I've hear many idiots that say that this game is the traditional stats vs. stats and numbers vs. numbers. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you understand the speed and quality of each individual unit, the game could be so much more than just the free-for-all that many have chosen to make it.

"If you like it so much, then why do you say that it doesn't deserve publicity?", you may ask?

Because it's just a game. Honestly, people have been making RTS games similar to Starcraft for years. It's just the fact that Starcraft does it a little better than the average RTS game. Nothing to it.

I'm going to go ahead and give it a 8, just because I spent a lot of time enjoying it. Definitely not a waste of money.
  24. May 24, 2014
    Back in the good old days where Blizzard actually knew how to make good games and not ONLY care about money but the gamers as well.
    This has no DRM on there(Except for the Regular one time CD key) unlike SC2 and has greater versatility(you can play on your laptop were ever you want)
    You could play on as many computers as you want you could trade it in you dont an account just the game running.
  25. Nov 13, 2015
    Starcraft is undoubtedly the best Real Time Strategy series ever made. There is no RTS game which can match the Starcraft series in any term, from storytelling, to creativity or gameplay. The most considerable characteristic in Starcraft is the unmatched complexity and diversity between the races/factions which no RTS game before could reach or ever will.
    But even such an excellent game
    But even such an excellent game has minor flaws such as the ridiculously stupid pathfinding, which was pretty normal back in the 1990's, but still is very annoying when units block each other and some units don't find their assigned destination at all.
  26. Jun 3, 2015
    Well, we have an RTS that people still playing since 1998 (even after Starcraft II). It popularized RTS and invented the e-Sports category because of its unique balanced asymmetric factions. I grew up with this game, the online is perfect but the LAN is the most enjoyable multiplayer with friends in cyber-coffee or at our homes, the map editor gave thousands of additional hours of fun!
  27. Nov 20, 2014
    Simply put, Starcraft is the finest game ever to be made. People have literally died from playing too much Starcraft. It essentially created eSports. It popularized RTS (real-time strategy) games. The balanced asymmetry was truly a unique feature, one that has been difficult for other studios to emulate. The use-map settings created an incubator in which entire genres of games wereSimply put, Starcraft is the finest game ever to be made. People have literally died from playing too much Starcraft. It essentially created eSports. It popularized RTS (real-time strategy) games. The balanced asymmetry was truly a unique feature, one that has been difficult for other studios to emulate. The use-map settings created an incubator in which entire genres of games were produced.

Starcraft is the father of modern gaming.
  28. May 15, 2015
    One of the best RTS in existance, and only one of three RTS I was able to finish without any cheat codes. Challenging, yet playable, unlike the expansion.
  29. Jul 30, 2016
    Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva. Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva.
  30. Mar 24, 2016
    Definetely one of the best RTS's ever, right next to Warcraft III in my opinion. Campaign is great, a lot of missions, great storyline, only the voice-acting seemed a bit off for me, but overall it was grat. And what to say about multi-player... this is the definition of competitive gaming, if you want high level competition it won't get any better than with this game, at least back in theDefinetely one of the best RTS's ever, right next to Warcraft III in my opinion. Campaign is great, a lot of missions, great storyline, only the voice-acting seemed a bit off for me, but overall it was grat. And what to say about multi-player... this is the definition of competitive gaming, if you want high level competition it won't get any better than with this game, at least back in the day, don't know how it's like nowadays. Expand
  31. Aug 19, 2016
    Si bien siempre me gustó mas la saga Command and Conquer, debo reconocer que este juego es probablemente el mejor juego de estrategia de la historia, no solo por su interface que es genial sino también por su estética y sus diferencias estructurales entre la jugabilidad de cada raza.
  32. May 4, 2017
    Uno de los mejores juegos de estrategia en tiempo real de la historia. Imprescindible. Una historia bien elaborada, con especies dotadas de un carácter propio, una estética bastante peculiar y un estilo de juego adictivo e inteligente.

1. If real aliens turn up while you are playing this, they don’t stand a chance of getting your attention.
    You get a fun, instantly appealing, easy to play-hard to master real-time strategy, with character and an endless amount of playability.
  3. It truly revolutionizes and sets a new standard for real-time strategy games on the PC.