• Publisher: Droqen
  • Release Date: Apr 16, 2013
6.7

1. May 4, 2013
    A friend told me to try this game. "Don't google it, just play it." Well, I did, and if you have a lot of time to waste figuring out what the goal of this game is (after ~5 hours I haven't) then maybe it's worth a try. I can't recommend it to anyone who has a life.
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    I could not make heads or tails of this game. The lack of direction, the confusing mechanics, make this a very hard game to get into. Maybe this appeals to some people, but not me. I probably could have enjoyed it more if I wasn't dying over and over and restarting from the beginning each time...
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    You have to be kidding me... is this what the PC gaming world is coming to. The consoles are already beating us. This game is crap. Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, these are games. This garbage looks like the Atari 2600 crap I played when I was 8 give these fools Atari Combat and they would say it was revolutionary, hell lets get the pong out of the basement. Indie games suck!!!! Retro games waste the technology we have. Its like eating a steak and then pulling out potted meat and swearing it is the greatest thing you have ever tasted. I just don't get these crappy, juvenile, blast from the past games and all the praise for them. Mindless games like BIoshock will be the end of PC Games even though it is a 100 on a scale of 1 to 10 compared to this rot which is not saying much. People bragging on Bioshock make me sick... is this what we have come too. We are capable of sooo much more now days. I don't understand this move to old looking garbage games with graphics that a 5 year old could have produced. Send this back to Intellivision where it belongs. These people giving this game good review must have an IQ of 10 and be dropping acid. I say again when we are capable of producing a game like Skyrim or GTA, who would possible be entertained by this that is not completely brain dead??? Expand
  4. Jul 12, 2013
    The game feels like it was written in Flash. The atmospheric music is way too loud and there are no volume controls. The gameplay isn't really fun, and the puzzles I've seen are obscure rather than clever. The only positive thing I can think of about the game is that it was cheap, although I would've passed on it had the reviews better prepared me for what to expect.

1. Jul 19, 2013
    Starseed Pilgrim is composed of interesting elements and neat twists, but suffers from the assumption that you can encourage exploration simply by refusing to tell the player what to do. [Aug 2013, p.73]
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    The Internet hype around Starseed Pilgrim is surprisingly only a bit exaggerated. [CD-Action 08/2013, p.85]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    Like an oboe, this game gets ruined in the playing. Well, a bit. [June 2013, p.94]