6.9

1. Dec 9, 2013
    Great game! My first playthrough lasted for over 7 hours and I loved it all the way through. There's a real feel of progression in this game as you start just under the surface with a simple mining pick and end up way down with some cool abilities.

While the game remains challenging all the way through, I would have appreciated some hard boss encounters.
  2. Dec 7, 2013
    Really fun, detailed and thought through platformer. Precise destribution of upgrades, nice graphics and entertaining levels will not let you get bored. Played it for 6 straight hours back on 3DS and did so on PC too!
  3. Jan 21, 2014
    Great Game, why you include a critics rating of under 80 percent without a quote, dragging this game under 80 and therefore out of the consideration of thousands of potential buyers is beyond me.

1. May 11, 2014
    With a bit more length and better combat, SteamWorld Dig could've been fighting with the big boys of indie platforming for the top spot. Still, it's a fun, addictive and original platformer, and I really wish it gets a sequel. [Feb 2014]
    Terraria-like experience suited for the lone wolves in the gaming crowd. More suited for being enjoyed on the go. [Issue #240]
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    SteamWorld Dig is an extract of pure fun from discovering the space beneath our feet. You are going to tremble, rejoice or erupt with anger down there, but unfortunately, your emotions won't last long. The game lacks features as well as value.