SteamWorld Dig PC

7.1

1. Dec 9, 2013
    Great game! My first playthrough lasted for over 7 hours and I loved it all the way through. There's a real feel of progression in this game as you start just under the surface with a simple mining pick and end up way down with some cool abilities.

While the game remains challenging all the way through, I would have appreciated some hard boss encounters.
  2. Dec 7, 2013
    Really fun, detailed and thought through platformer. Precise destribution of upgrades, nice graphics and entertaining levels will not let you get bored. Played it for 6 straight hours back on 3DS and did so on PC too!
  3. Jan 21, 2014
    Great Game, why you include a critics rating of under 80 percent without a quote, dragging this game under 80 and therefore out of the consideration of thousands of potential buyers is beyond me.
  4. Feb 23, 2014
    SteamWorld Dig is a pretty good platformer. It has some puzzle solving elements in secret areas. Leveling-up is not a grind, but the game is a bit too short.
  5. Jun 22, 2016
    Another styish indie title I picked up at a bargain price, I hear SteamWorld Dig compared often to Spelunky, though I have not played that title. What I can tell you is that it is a 2D digging game that casts you as rugged frontier steambot Rusty, who travels out to the tiny town of Tumbleton one day to speak with his uncle, who he soon finds has passed on. But Rusty's uncle left behind aAnother styish indie title I picked up at a bargain price, I hear SteamWorld Dig compared often to Spelunky, though I have not played that title. What I can tell you is that it is a 2D digging game that casts you as rugged frontier steambot Rusty, who travels out to the tiny town of Tumbleton one day to speak with his uncle, who he soon finds has passed on. But Rusty's uncle left behind a series of clues that will lead him to the deepests depths of the world, and to a terrible secret. You begin the game with a simple pickaxe that can only dig horizontally or vertically. Make sure not to dig under any rocks and crush yourself! Along the way the player digs up ore that can be traded for money back in town, and in turn used to buy useful upgrades and items such as ladders and dynamite. Skirting into the realm of Metroidvania, Rusty can come across strange, blue platforms that grant him incredible new abilities, such as double jumping. Though Rusty can dig almost anywhere in the main cavern, there are side caverns where he must follow a set path as if in a dungeon, various enemies and puzzles barring his way. There's decent music too, most notably the main theme, a take on Ennio Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold." Steamworld Dig will hand you the occasional cheap death, and you may not immediately realize that there is a finite amount of ore in a single playthrough, and therefore limited cash, so spend it wisely and avoid taking any uncesssary risks. Steamworld Dig took me a fair bit of time to get through, though I took the time to dig up every last piece of ore I could find to ensure I'd have the cash I needed. This game will reward the cautious and meticulous player, as it did me. It's a lovely title overall and I would play it again. Expand
  6. Jan 1, 2017
    Just a super fun game that will put a smile on your face. What an amazing game. Major replayability, incredible fun, just a nice gameplay feedback loop for 10 or so hours.
  7. Jul 13, 2016
    It is what it was meant to be: Dig up stuff to sell it and buy enhancement for your equipment, enjoy some simple but good plot and pass through some funny puzzle caves. I enjoyed plenty of time with it.

1. Aug 30, 2015
    SteamWorld Dig is a polished and (mostly) a well designed experience that I recommend. With some major flaws in the narrative that is predictable and never reaches it’s full potential. But held up by great addicting game play and flawless presentation with a style not seen in many games. In short…I dig it.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    With a bit more length and better combat, SteamWorld Dig could've been fighting with the big boys of indie platforming for the top spot. Still, it's a fun, addictive and original platformer, and I really wish it gets a sequel. [Feb 2014]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    Terraria-like experience suited for the lone wolves in the gaming crowd. More suited for being enjoyed on the go. [Issue #240]