7.3

1. Mar 3, 2013
    This review reflects the state of the game as of 03/03/2013, which could best be described as an abandoned wasteland of shattered dreams and burned out potential.

The game is now played mostly by a hard core of veteran griefers with occasional new influxes of fresh meat who are preyed upon remorselessly. If you're reading this, then you'll be in that latter group, and you will NOT have
    a good day.

There's little sense of community, with vets focussing only on racking up their own kills rather than advising and supporting new players. You may receive an occasional tirade of incomprehensible abuse from your "team", but that's as far as the socialising goes. Team play itself is minimal, with the veteran players going on solo rampages with their uberships, pouncing on the weak and the lame and dragging them off for yet another inevitable but mercifully brief death.

Now, don't get me wrong. I learned my trade playing pickup Netrek 20 years ago. Heck, I may have invented the taunt macro. I could deal with the surly grief in Stellar Impact, but I don't feel inclined to do so, because of the glaring and ongoing technical flaws.

Lag, freezes, flawed interpolation, and the disconnect spin-of-death just rip the guts out of the game. Far too many times I would see enemy missiles go from launch to impact while I mashed the countermeasures key fruitlessly. When the only way to not be a liability is to simply skulk at the spawn point and do nothing, that's a poor definition of fun.
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    This game has the potential to be a great game- unfortunately, it isn't
    There are numerous bugs, errors, and unbalanced nonsense in the game, you get into an exciting match only to start spinning randomly, suddenly you're weapons aren't hitting anything and the whole map is spinning so now you're annoyed, confused and dead. Respawn 2-5 minutes later and go back into combat only to have it
    happen again RIGHT when you attack your enemy. It's frustrating, it's annoying and it's not fun because of all the crap, not to mention there's a bad UI that doesn't give you enough information- how close to being fully charged at my weapons? What's my current speed, what's my speed percentage. I thought this was a new game that just came out on STEAM so I said "okay, it happens" but then I find out it's been 'out' for years, this game isn't even BETA quality. Since when did INDIE = Utter lazy crap? Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    what a wast of hard drive space and cash

lots of complaints as you can not log in and when you do get in it disconnects you
    don't wast your time or cash.
    PS try sending a email to them LOL it will bounce back as there so over bomb bearded with complaints even on there forum.
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    The game is dead. The developers have stated on the forum that they are abandoning the game and moving on to other projects.

I don't know why Steam even continues to sell the game. There is absolutely no support, no single player, and only about 100 people play multiplayer. No matchmaking so you need to hook up with some of the people who still play and start a game manually.

God
    forbid you forget your login information you'll never play again. The "Forgot Password" link that's supposed to send you an email with a reset link....doesn't. And hasn't for at least six weeks as of the date I'm writing this review.

If you're looking to buy this game, even for the $2.50 it's on sale at Steam, save your money. If you really want to throw away the money you might spend on this game, PM me and I'll give you my address. You can mail it to me. That'll do you as much good as spending on this game.
  5. Dec 7, 2013
    Stellar Impact is a a weird kinda space MOBA game with some potential and decently fun looking mechanics. Unfortunately, you can't expect to find more than twenty people playing at any given time. Attempting to learn the game now is an effort in futility, as the only people who play now are experienced veterans. Play with friends if you want to get anything out of this.

1. Jun 12, 2012
    Stellar Impact is a great example for the run-of-the-mill online multiplayer strategy formula. On one hand you'll always be able to find players, but in the end you don't rely much on tactics but on sheer firepower.
  2. Jun 4, 2012
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    Your potential enjoyment of this title depends entirely upon how much the idea of the peanut butter and chocolate combination of space naval combat and Defense of the Ancients-style gameplay intrigues you. If you're at all curious, it'll be worth the time, but if you're not, there's certainly a dozen other games in the same family waiting for you out there.