7.3

1. Apr 15, 2012
    Multi-player space-based single unit RTS which emphasises upgrades and the use of teamwork and special abilities.

This is a very nice game overall. Has some good graphics, nice sound effects and the gameplay is really quite fun. The trouble is that it doesn't feel quite finished. There is a glaring problem with the ship wobbling when you move which detracts from the feel of the game. The only other glaring issue is that of the UI which is pretty terrible.

However, the gameplay is very fun and I like how there is an emphasis on teamwork to take objectives. The controls are different for an RTS but real easy once you've been through the tutorial.
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    This review reflects the state of the game as of 03/03/2013, which could best be described as an abandoned wasteland of shattered dreams and burned out potential.

The game is now played mostly by a hard core of veteran griefers with occasional new influxes of fresh meat who are preyed upon remorselessly. If you're reading this, then you'll be in that latter group, and you will NOT have a good day.

There's little sense of community, with vets focussing only on racking up their own kills rather than advising and supporting new players. You may receive an occasional tirade of incomprehensible abuse from your "team", but that's as far as the socialising goes. Team play itself is minimal, with the veteran players going on solo rampages with their uberships, pouncing on the weak and the lame and dragging them off for yet another inevitable but mercifully brief death.

Now, don't get me wrong. I learned my trade playing pickup Netrek 20 years ago. Heck, I may have invented the taunt macro. I could deal with the surly grief in Stellar Impact, but I don't feel inclined to do so, because of the glaring and ongoing technical flaws.

Lag, freezes, flawed interpolation, and the disconnect spin-of-death just rip the guts out of the game. Far too many times I would see enemy missiles go from launch to impact while I mashed the countermeasures key fruitlessly. When the only way to not be a liability is to simply skulk at the spawn point and do nothing, that's a poor definition of fun.
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    This game has the potential to be a great game- unfortunately, it isn't
    This game has the potential to be a great game- unfortunately, it isn't
    There are numerous bugs, errors, and unbalanced nonsense in the game, you get into an exciting match only to start spinning randomly, suddenly you're weapons aren't hitting anything and the whole map is spinning so now you're annoyed, confused and dead. Respawn 2-5 minutes later and go back into combat only to have it happen again RIGHT when you attack your enemy. It's frustrating, it's annoying and it's not fun because of all the crap, not to mention there's a bad UI that doesn't give you enough information- how close to being fully charged at my weapons? What's my current speed, what's my speed percentage. I thought this was a new game that just came out on STEAM so I said "okay, it happens" but then I find out it's been 'out' for years, this game isn't even BETA quality. Since when did INDIE = Utter lazy crap?
  4. Oct 12, 2011
    This is a fantastic representation of capital ship combat, very enjoyable. Best described as a combination of Dota style play and homeword with better weapon mechanics for ship to ship combat. The art style and fluid mechanics make you want to play again and again. While it lacks a single player campain or mode, you pick it up quickly and you will be very suprised as to the depths ofThis is a fantastic representation of capital ship combat, very enjoyable. Best described as a combination of Dota style play and homeword with better weapon mechanics for ship to ship combat. The art style and fluid mechanics make you want to play again and again. While it lacks a single player campain or mode, you pick it up quickly and you will be very suprised as to the depths of control, upgrades and rewards for your crew. Definitly pick it up! Expand
  5. Oct 12, 2011
    Stellar Impact is a great game that is both Free to play and pay to play. Let me explain myself.
    This game has drops & experience points. the drops can be used by anyone or sold for experience.
    The EXP tho is to make your ship a higher MK example: MK-I -> MK-II. But non payers are stuck at MK-I then again a MK-I can still destroy a MK-II but it's harder. That system make it good to pay for
    The EXP tho is to make your ship a higher MK example: MK-I -> MK-II.
    That system make it good to pay for but does not force you to do so.
    So anyone can play and does not see any gap before at least 5 hours in.
    Lastly you only have to pay once if you pay.

In conclusion not only is it a good scifi game it's a game you can try for an unlimited time before deciding if you want the extra goodies. it's worth all the 20$ it cost.
  6. Sep 2, 2011
    Very cool indie game.
    It is a dota like but i think it is more strategic and the maneuvering gameplay is really innovative. SF fans will appreciate it.
  7. Sep 18, 2011
    A very fun and interesting game from a small development team; with a large population boost it could be quite a hit. The new freemium method will probably help this a lot, and even the mk1 ship limitation is still quite fun.
  8. Oct 13, 2011
    What should i say, I can only repeat the other Reviews here.
    Great Game, it's a mix between Navy Field and DoTA and that's awesome.
    Makes so much fun!
  9. Apr 14, 2012
    Stellar impact is a very good game almost like a cross between navy field and LoL. requires ore skill to play than LoL but you can get used to it. i like all the different ship selections that you can pick and the fact that you can upgrade your minions mid battle to make them preform better.
  10. Jul 2, 2012
    Where is everyone? This is a very enjoyable, casual multiplayer game that reminds me a bit of the sailing combat in Sid Meier's Pirates. It has some persistent elements that allow you to level up and customize your various ships as characters. It's stable. The graphics are clean. I've only had one game with any lag problems. So again where is everyone? The most I've seen logged intoWhere is everyone? This is a very enjoyable, casual multiplayer game that reminds me a bit of the sailing combat in Sid Meier's Pirates. It has some persistent elements that allow you to level up and customize your various ships as characters. It's stable. The graphics are clean. I've only had one game with any lag problems. So again where is everyone? The most I've seen logged into the game at anyone time is around a 130 people. Such a small number of players makes the wait for games way too long. I'm scoring the actual game play an 8, but until it gets more people, it's just not a consistent experience. I have my fingers crossed. Expand
  11. May 2, 2012
    A fantastic Game on the DOTA genre... Love the Mix... The gameplay is much tactical.. hard to learn... but its the first game where "person-skill" is much more important then any fitting you get...

Every Fan of the DOTA genre and spaceships must try this game!
    Warning: you would be addicted :) :)
  12. Jun 9, 2012
    A MOBA different of the others. Indeed, i think the best point for this game is the control of your ships which the most important thing letting you win or not. I think the game points to at least serious gamers, or hardcore gamers.

Enoy !
  13. Mar 2, 2013
    Great game, very fluid gameplay, basically DOTA 2 in space. If you like DOTA style games and space, this one is defiantly recommended. The only problem is its low playerbase D:
  14. Nov 11, 2012
    what a wast of hard drive space and cash

lots of complaints as you can not log in and when you do get in it disconnects you
    don't wast your time or cash.
    PS try sending a email to them LOL it will bounce back as there so over bomb bearded with complaints even on there forum.
  15. Jul 21, 2013
    This is a brilliant multiplayer strategy game. There's a nice choice of spaceships each with their own individual characteristics and lots of upgrades for them. One of my favorite strategy games.
  16. Nov 9, 2013
    The game is dead. The developers have stated on the forum that they are abandoning the game and moving on to other projects.

I don't know why Steam even continues to sell the game. There is absolutely no support, no single player, and only about 100 people play multiplayer. No matchmaking so you need to hook up with some of the people who still play and start a game manually. God

God forbid you forget your login information you'll never play again. The "Forgot Password" link that's supposed to send you an email with a reset link....doesn't. And hasn't for at least six weeks as of the date I'm writing this review.

If you're looking to buy this game, even for the $2.50 it's on sale at Steam, save your money. If you really want to throw away the money you might spend on this game, PM me and I'll give you my address. You can mail it to me. That'll do you as much good as spending on this game.
  17. Aug 5, 2012
    Just the best game i've played. Perfectly balanced, smart, interesting, easy, fascianting... Go and try it. For all of you that like space battles, all of you that like RPG and all of you who don't like either of them :)
  18. Mar 16, 2013
    Finally a spin on the MOBA genre that works! Let me get this out of the way for people who haven't tried this game yet, IT IS NOT HON/LOL/DOTA IN SPACESHIPS. The gameplay is much different in that you're essentially sailing on an ocean. This is ship combat. If you enjoy ship combat than you'll love this game. The teamwork, strategy and coordination required in LoL/HoN/DotA is definitelyFinally a spin on the MOBA genre that works! Let me get this out of the way for people who haven't tried this game yet, IT IS NOT HON/LOL/DOTA IN SPACESHIPS. The gameplay is much different in that you're essentially sailing on an ocean. This is ship combat. If you enjoy ship combat than you'll love this game. The teamwork, strategy and coordination required in LoL/HoN/DotA is definitely still required here, fear not. Expand
  19. Sep 1, 2011
    Nice work, pleasure to play and the team-play really matter. New playing style based on the maneuverability of your ships.Fast and fun game and with good following from the dev. Test this game quickly.
  20. Sep 2, 2011
    Great game, just so much better than DOTA. Give it a try, you will not regret it. The maneuvers system is awesome. You can even talk with the dev team on the TS servers of the game. Loved it. I hope it will be on STEAM soon to get more players in game.
  21. Nov 25, 2012
    If it had single player story, it would be better. It's a good game, but a few difficult for rookies. I don't like so much this game and I shouldn't bought it
  22. Aug 23, 2013
    if you like Dota read those green reviews here Well done gameingness here. ((many negative opinions come from the guys who didnt success in this game because its little harder than Disney games
  23. AWG
    Jul 12, 2013
    A game where you move a spaceship around, dodging ateroids and stars, trying to kill other ships. Not very exciting for someone who has not a collection of action figures on his desk and spends his Friday night outside.
  24. Dec 7, 2013
    Stellar Impact is a a weird kinda space MOBA game with some potential and decently fun looking mechanics. Unfortunately, you can't expect to find more than twenty people playing at any given time. Attempting to learn the game now is an effort in futility, as the only people who play now are experienced veterans. Play with friends if you want to get anything out of this.

1. Jun 12, 2012
    Stellar Impact is a great example for the run-of-the-mill online multiplayer strategy formula. On one hand you'll always be able to find players, but in the end you don't rely much on tactics but on sheer firepower.
  2. Jun 4, 2012
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    Your potential enjoyment of this title depends entirely upon how much the idea of the peanut butter and chocolate combination of space naval combat and Defense of the Ancients-style gameplay intrigues you. If you're at all curious, it'll be worth the time, but if you're not, there's certainly a dozen other games in the same family waiting for you out there.