• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Dec 17, 2012
8.1

1. Dec 18, 2012
    We were all clamoring for more Megaman, since Capcom gipped us with Legends 3, and Capcom delivered us this little parcel, with a pretty little bow and some nice wrapping paper. Though, it really wasn't Capcom, it was a fan who sent it, but slapped Capcom on the 'to/from' box. That's both good and bad, good because they accepted this fan submission for development, bad because it's fanWe were all clamoring for more Megaman, since Capcom gipped us with Legends 3, and Capcom delivered us this little parcel, with a pretty little bow and some nice wrapping paper. Though, it really wasn't Capcom, it was a fan who sent it, but slapped Capcom on the 'to/from' box. That's both good and bad, good because they accepted this fan submission for development, bad because it's fan game. To put it bluntly, this game is broken. The only reason it's worth playing is the fact that it's free. I played through 3 bosses. (That was always the decision point for me.) I beat Chun-Li, but only after dying 3 times, then I fought Rose who was utterly cheap, and finally Ryu, who took no damage until he stopped spin-kicking. I'm not the biggest or best Megaman fan, but I can beat all of the NES games fairly easily, and they're hard as **** I couldn't even damage Ryu or Rose. Anyway, the levels are short and boring and the bosses are impossible to hit. Maybe I just suck at this game, maybe it's a widespread issue, but when you can't hit an enemy, I call that broken. Collapse
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    There're two ways to view this game. You can say that it's amazing because it's all fan made AND it's free, or you can be critical of it by comparing it to past Mega Man games. I'll be doing to former.

When compared to other Mega Man games, Street Fighter X Mega Man is a bit disappointing. The level designs aren't as cool and the weapons aren't as cool. However, the boss battles against Street Fighter characters are all awesome. Also awesome is the music, which is all remixed Street Fighter music.
    When compared to Mega Mans 1 through 6, Street Fighter X Mega Man can't hold its own weight. However, it is better than Mega Man 7 and 8 (I can't stand those games).

There's no reason not to play this game though. After all, it's free.
  3. Dec 18, 2012

1. Mar 24, 2013
    Mega Man's back, and inconsistencies aside, fans will lap up the new content. [Apr 2013, p.85]
  2. Jan 22, 2013
    A great retro throwback and a amazing way to start the birthday of Mega Man. The mix of Mega Man gameplay and Street Fighter locations, music and characters works great, and if you are a fan of either one of the series there is something to love in SF X MM. Because the game is free there is absolutely no reason to not try this game.
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    You can worship a game like Street Fighter X Mega Man ​or you can hate it after a few minutes, especially if you are not nostalgic of the 8-bit era and if you are allergic to gaming frustration.